PDA

View Full Version : I Now Believe In Aliens

RhymesayersDU
12-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Why? Because their kidnapping of Knowshon Moreno and replacing him with a real live NFL running back is the only logical explanation.

Popps
12-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Moreno has always had talent. He's struggled when the line struggled, and can't stay healthy. Outside of that, it's a pretty tired subject. His success behind a good line with a quality passing game shouldn't surprise anyone. The question will be... can he stay on the field.

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 12:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-57Jj1VGg88s/Tx7lQ5jZJHI/AAAAAAAAAYc/AZ-xdDHkTsA/s1600/bert20stare.gif

McDman
12-16-2012, 12:29 PM
He lacks great vision but if he could stay healthy he would be a good RB.

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Beasting today

Tim
12-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Knowshon s leap over Reed is in my top 10 this year, that was a great run

enjolras
12-16-2012, 01:11 PM
That's a hold.

enjolras
12-16-2012, 01:14 PM
That's the wrong thread:)

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2012, 01:15 PM
He has looked great.

broncosteven
12-16-2012, 02:16 PM
He had 2 100 yard games in his 1st 3 years and 2 in limited time this season.

I think he finally got the message.

I wonder if they redo his contract at the end of the year.

Beantown Bronco
12-16-2012, 02:41 PM
He had 2 100 yard games in his 1st 3 years and 2 in limited time this season.

I think he finally got the message.

I wonder if they redo his contract at the end of the year.

No need to redo it IMO. He's currently under contract for $1.7 million next year. That's chump change if he keeps up his current pace, or anywhere near it really.

troyjbath
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Had jalapeno poppers for dinner last night. My first ET sighting was this morning! Moreno still dances too much...oh well.

Requiem
12-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Haters still gonna hate.

broncosteven
12-16-2012, 03:01 PM
No need to redo it IMO. He's currently under contract for $1.7 million next year. That's chump change if he keeps up his current pace, or anywhere near it really.

Why not lock him up for a couple more years and back load it? If he really has turned it around he should be open to a reworked deal.

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Why not lock him up for a couple more years and back load it? If he really has turned it around he should be open to a reworked deal.

Because he can already be had on the cheap and RBs outside of a rare few just aren't worth the long term investment in today's league

broncosteven
12-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Because he can already be had on the cheap and RBs outside of a rare few just aren't worth the long term investment in today's league

They could offer him a 5 year deal that is favorable to the team and he can take it and get a nice bonus and repay us for underperforming his rookie deal. Win win for everyone.

When Willis comes back KM will be back to a backup role. We can get him cheap for a couple more years or let him play out the contract and go somewhere else after his deal runs out.

maher_tyler
12-16-2012, 03:14 PM
He looks to have packed on at least 10-15 lbs. He has looked like the #1 pick the past few games.

Drek
12-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Sure, but there's no hurry. He's on this team next year (2013) for all of $1.7M and the team has a $5M option for the year after that (2014), so if he blows up and becomes a feature back what's $5M in a league where Deangelo Williams makes over $8M a year and Steven Jackson is making $7M?

If after 2013 he's willing to take a team friendly deal then you can talk, but lets see what role he fits in over a whole 16 game season with this new offense. If healthy it looks like a quality starter if we give the last few games any credence, and what's $5M to retain one of those?

maven
12-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Sure, but there's no hurry. He's on this team next year (2013) for all of $1.7M and the team has a $5M option for the year after that (2014), so if he blows up and becomes a feature back what's $5M in a league where Deangelo Williams makes over $8M a year and Steven Jackson is making $7M?

If after 2013 he's willing to take a team friendly deal then you can talk, but lets see what role he fits in over a whole 16 game season with this new offense. If healthy it looks like a quality starter if we give the last few games any credence, and what's $5M to retain one of those?

Yes, wtf is the hurry.

Popps
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Again, I've made the case for Moreno's skills from day one, but I'd be reluctant to sink money into a long term deal due to his injury history. Let's just enjoy watching him contribute and see where things go next year.

Hulamau
12-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Moreno has always had talent. He's struggled when the line struggled, and can't stay healthy. Outside of that, it's a pretty tired subject. His success behind a good line with a quality passing game shouldn't surprise anyone. The question will be... can he stay on the field.

That is the size of it Popps, Last season he was looking a lot better in preseason and the limited work he got as McGahee's backup until blowing out his knee, than in his first two team turmoil years.

He is finally fully recovered and healthy and has a good solid team all around him so that the Knowshon of Georgia is starting to appear shouldn't be a major shock to anyone.. but for sure a timely happening!

TheChamp24
12-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I was like, WTF where did this come from.
We might have a good surplus of RB's next year now with Moreno, McGahee and Hillman.

Also, no way do we need to work on extending his contract, thats ridiculous talk.

ZONA
12-16-2012, 04:12 PM
He was solid today. Not special, but solid. That's all we need right now. Solid gains, with no turnovers. Keep it up KM, you're doing well.

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2012, 04:27 PM
KM has been running hard and I will eat the crow I have been dishing him. I never thought he had that style of running in him. Way to revive your career from the dead KM.

DBroncos4life
12-16-2012, 04:32 PM
I still think Denver should take Lattimore in the draft. Moreno is playing well enough to allow us to make the pick and let him get healthy.

fontaine
12-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Moreno is running better than he's ever done. He doesn't dance behind the line, fights through traffic and really tries to fnish his runs hard.

Something we just didn't see him to before. Hope he's finally settled down into a consistant way of running because this can only be great for our offense and chances in the playoffs.

errand
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Keep reading people saying he doesn't dance in the backfield anymore....ever occur to you clowns that he no longer has to? He had to dance his first two seasons as the OL just wasn't as good as it is now.

Kept hearing about how he wasn't good enough to run between the tackles...but he had like 17 carries up the middle today.

Kept hearing how he would never be a 20+ carry RB...and he's not had fewer than 20 carries in any start after McGahee went down.

I'm gonna guess that some of you people just don't know a damn thing and like to perpetuate myths about a player you personally dislike because he celebrated a TD in a blowout loss...or was drafted with the 12th overall pick...or was drafted by a head coach you hated. Whatever your reason for hating on him is.....

And quite frankly, watching Knowshon shove it up your collective asses is actually kind of entertaining....

Lestat
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I still think Denver should take Lattimore in the draft. Moreno is playing well enough to allow us to make the pick and let him get healthy.

i have no problem with this at all. Lattimore,Bernard or Gillislee would be good to pick up in the draft to solidify the RB position and make it a luxury if we need to make a trade or let someone go for cap reasons.

Keep reading people saying he doesn't dance in the backfield anymore....ever occur to you clowns that he no longer has to? He had to dance his first two seasons as the OL just wasn't as good as it is now.

Kept hearing about how he wasn't good enough to run between the tackles...but he had like 17 carries up the middle today.

Kept hearing how he would never be a 20+ carry RB...and he's not had fewer than 20 carries in any start after McGahee went down.

I'm gonna guess that some of you people just don't know a damn thing and like to perpetuate myths about a player you personally dislike because he celebrated a TD in a blowout loss...or was drafted with the 12th overall pick...or was drafted by a head coach you hated. Whatever your reason for hating on him is.....

And quite frankly, watching Knowshon shove it up your collective asses is actually kind of entertaining....

i'm a Moreno fan but he has always loved to dance. it wasn't just the OL. he did that **** at Georgia and frustrated a lot of their fans because of it.
he loves to dance around and bounce it outside, he could get away with it in college because he's a heck of athlete. still looks to do it from time to time but in most cases he just does one cut and go.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-57Jj1VGg88s/Tx7lQ5jZJHI/AAAAAAAAAYc/AZ-xdDHkTsA/s1600/bert20stare.gif
12-20 Mayans predicted Bert is going to try something on that date , but that evil bastard stole the part of the calender that would of told us his plans

DBroncos4life
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
i have no problem with this at all. Lattimore,Bernard or Gillislee would be good to pick up in the draft to solidify the RB position and make it a luxury if we need to make a trade or let someone go for cap reasons.

i'm a Moreno fan but he has always loved to dance. it wasn't just the OL. he did that **** at Georgia and frustrated a lot of their fans because of it.
he loves to dance around and bounce it outside, he could get away with it in college because he's a heck of athlete. still looks to do it from time to time but in most cases he just does one cut and go.

Imagine a Peterson type back with Manning during his last couple of years and how much pressure it would take off Os when he takes over.

Lestat
12-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Imagine a Peterson type back with Manning during his last couple of years and how much pressure it would take off Os when he takes over.

that's not going to happen, there hasn't been a Peterson type since Peterson.
a lot of people tried to compare guys to him but he's been the best in the NFL since he came into the league.

montrose
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
I love how he's playing but no reason to talk contract. He's still signed for 2013 and the Broncos have a club option for 2014. He's historically been an injury-prone player at a position that chews up players and spits them out. Ride him hard as long as he produces and if he continues to improve than maybe we have this conversation 1-1.5 years from now.

Drek
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I love how he's playing but no reason to talk contract. He's still signed for 2013 and the Broncos have a club option for 2014. He's historically been an injury-prone player at a position that chews up players and spits them out. Ride him hard as long as he produces and if he continues to improve than maybe we have this conversation 1-1.5 years from now.

Exactly. A year from now the Broncos leverage will be basically the same, and the track record of Moreno will take a significant step forward.

He gets first crack at feature back in 2013 if you ask me, but beyond that lets see him keep earning it before we talk new money.

Mile High Salute
12-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Why? Because their kidnapping of Knowshon Moreno and replacing him with a real live NFL running back is the only logical explanation.

LOL This could all be part of the Mayans' plan.

sinuous sausage
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
all it takes is one fumble or 70 yard performance against the Browns next week for a lot of you fillies to start beating the "dump Slowshon for a seventh and a corn dog" drum

pricejj
12-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Won't you help to sing
This song of freedom-
It's all I ever had,
Redemption song!

- Knowshon Marley aka Boss Beaster

Old Dude
12-17-2012, 06:52 AM
http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/features/invasion/Sutherland_scream_Invasion_Of_The_Body_Snatchers_K aufman_1978.jpg

fontaine
12-17-2012, 08:03 AM

Yeah, I guess Fox/McCoy fall into that category of clowns since Moreno was relegated to the garbage dump for most of this season.

JakeZ01
12-17-2012, 10:26 AM

Bam! Uber pwnage.

JakeZ01
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I guess Fox/McCoy fall into that category of clowns since Moreno was relegated to the garbage dump for most of this season.

He was injured numbnuts.