PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Porter - "Frustrated" - Welcome Back! Your dreams were your ticket out.

Bronco Rob
12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/porter_zpse902f7e1.png

https://twitter.com/T_Porter22

:wave:

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Well, he has every right to be frustrated. There is nothing wrong with that. It'd be nice to see Porter on the active roster for these games but he doesn't play special teams so he even though he is better than Boldin there is no room for him.

Rolandftw
12-16-2012, 12:51 AM
I like Porter. He just had the unfortunate bad luck to get sick and then have his replacement play better. I'm sure he'll get a shot elsewhere, next year.

He did have that big INT against Pittsburgh, that I'm thankful for

ZONA
12-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Sure would like him for depth but if he's not even on active roster not sure that is really depth, he won't be able to play. Who knows, maybe next year Champ can have a shot at Safety and Porter can play Champs old CB spot.

I know one thing that will take away some of the frustration........when he is sized for his superbowl ring....... :strong:

BowlenBall
12-16-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm glad he's frustrated -- shows that he's a gamer who wants to play on Sundays.

Don't know if he'll be back next year, but there's still a good chance that he'll plays some snaps for this defense in the coming month.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm glad he's frustrated -- shows that he's a gamer who wants to play on Sundays.

Don't know if he'll be back this year, but there's still a good chance that he'll plays some snaps for this defense in the coming month.

Yeah, I agree. Nothing wrong with being frustrated.

cutthemdown
12-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Wierd hes not even good enough to make active roster though. He was like one of our top FA pickups.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Wierd hes not even good enough to make active roster though. He was like one of our top FA pickups.

I think that says more to how good Harris and Carter have played than any reflection on porter's play. Carter and Harris have played very well this year and deserve to start over Porter.

It sucks for Porter because he signed a 1 year deal hoping to earn a big contract out of it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-16-2012, 02:45 AM
I just have a feeling that in the next month he's going to play... And when he does, he'll advance the team's efforts.

cutthemdown
12-16-2012, 02:46 AM
They have played well its just that hes good enough to be starting right now on a lot of NFL teams. Wierd he can't find a role somewhere on the team.

jmz313
12-16-2012, 05:19 AM
I want him activated and getting snaps. Dude wants to play and will play like he has something to prove. A chip on a shoulder is powerful thing in the NFL.

The Joker
12-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Of course he's frustrated, the way this year has gone has cost him millions of dollars.

We may need him in the coming months though, let's hope he's up to the job if called upon.

Punisher
12-16-2012, 06:05 AM
http://director.denverpost.com/p.php?a=cnwhMCI6JVlUTSczKjMxJzs6Jis8PzouNyowNC4jKy AiPjQjJjs%2FNCY%2BLiY0&m=1350360490

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-16-2012, 06:13 AM
His Hoosiers also lost to Butler Saturday. That probably didn't help matters.

bowtown
12-16-2012, 06:31 AM
I heard he slept with Fox's wife.

baja
12-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Nothing has changed with this Porter thing. He's good enough to play yet he is still inactive Either there is something we do not know about his relationship with the team/coach or maybe he is going to the Moreno school of humility.

TheReverend
12-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Boy, you guys sure were right about those meds needing time to kick in

/sarcasm

SportinOne
12-16-2012, 08:23 AM
I don't understand what's going on with Porter. Maybe i missed out on an article that came out, i know there had been rumors, but if its just his seizure stuff keeping him out then why does he have to bite his tongue? he may not be a starter on this team but he could definitely contribute as a nickel or dime CB. No?

p7superfly
12-16-2012, 08:30 AM
He's useful in the slot and rotation. Let him play it out.

CEH
12-16-2012, 08:35 AM
I said he'd never play again for Denver except in case of injury looks to be the case. He pissed off the coaches at some point early in the season and it helps the other guys stepped up big time

Another $4MM to free up next year for someone who wants to contribute

I betcha Darrnell Dockett is available in the offseason. What a great addtion to the defense. A guy can wish

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the Knowshon Moreno role. Hope he does well on scout team for us until an injury hits the CB position. At that point, hopefully he'll respond like Moreno did.

bfoflcommish
12-16-2012, 09:05 AM
remember when i posted saying there was more than an injury and noone wanted to believe it?

Kid A
12-16-2012, 09:19 AM
remember when i posted saying there was more than an injury and noone wanted to believe it?

How does this indicate this has to do with anything beyond his replacements outperforming him? It's pretty clear that Chris Harris and Tony Carter performed above and beyond expectations while he was out, and they are younger/on longer contracts.

No matter how Porter acted off the field (and everyone in the locker room says he has been a good teammate) he was likely to get benched in this situation. And that's really frustrating when you lose most a year of your career in that way, especially after signing her as a FA. This is little different than Alex Smith in SF getting hurt, his backup coming in and being better, and the coach sticking with the backup. No reason I've seen to assume coaches are punishing him for attitude issues.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 09:24 AM
How does this indicate this has to do with anything beyond his replacements outperforming him? It's pretty clear that Chris Harris and Tony Carter performed above and beyond expectations while he was out, and they are younger/on longer contracts.

No matter how Porter acted off the field (and everyone in the locker room says he has been a good teammate) he was likely to get benched in this situation. And that's really frustrating when you lose most a year of your career in that way, especially after signing her as a FA. This is little different than Alex Smith in SF getting hurt, his backup coming in and being better, and the coach sticking with the backup. No reason I've seen to assume coaches are punishing him for attitude issues.

Its just his own speculation based on nothing. Porter had a bad game against the Texans and was repeatedly burned. That could have been a precursor to him losing his job but as far as him having a bad attitude I have never heard anything to suggest that is fact.

baja
12-16-2012, 09:37 AM

No I remember Rev and myself saying the same thing and there were many other too that I can't recall

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2012, 10:23 AM
He shouldn't be frustrated considering what he is making to sit and do nothing.

Lestat
12-16-2012, 10:24 AM
i think that he will eventually be back as a major part of this defense, had he not gotten sick he likely is still the starting CB opposite Champ.

Lestat
12-16-2012, 10:27 AM

if he wasn't frustrated as a competitor that would mean he wasn't worth a damn and was just here for a paycheck.

all pro players are there for a paycheck but some also have a passion for the game and want to go out and compete. the ones who will just take the check and ride the pine willingly are usually not the type you want on your team.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 10:28 AM

Most professionals like to earn their money.

theAPAOps5
12-16-2012, 10:28 AM
He has expanded on his tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I believe His test will be over soon. I pray it is bc I'm going nuts over here lol, frustrated to no end, but they can't break me. No 1 can!</p>&mdash; Tracy Porter (@T_Porter22) <a href="https://twitter.com/T_Porter22/status/280328502870417409" data-datetime="2012-12-16T15:08:17+00:00">December 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Most professionals like to earn their money.

All because he won't get much money(by pro football standards) next year.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 10:33 AM

whatever

oubronco
12-16-2012, 10:38 AM
If he can't beat out the young guys then he doesn't deserve to be on the active roster

Lestat
12-16-2012, 10:40 AM

he'll probably get the same type of contract he got this year but more incentive based. the CB and DE market always balloons due to lack of depth.
so people always get overpaid at those positions.

baja
12-16-2012, 10:41 AM
He has expanded on his tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I believe His test will be over soon. I pray it is bc I'm going nuts over here lol, frustrated to no end, but they can't break me. No 1 can!</p>&mdash; Tracy Porter (@T_Porter22) <a href="https://twitter.com/T_Porter22/status/280328502870417409" data-datetime="2012-12-16T15:08:17+00:00">December 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wonder who "His" is.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Wonder who "His" is.

Probably god.

CEH
Wonder who "His" is.

My guess is Del Rio ("they" for sure could be "he" as well)

DBroncos4life
Wonder who "His" is.

God

Lestat
Wonder who "His" is.

it's obviously a nod to Tim Tebow. :P

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Wonder who "His" is.

Bowlen he writes the checks.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 10:44 AM
If he can't beat out the young guys then he doesn't deserve to be on the active roster

No one here has said he deserves to be on the active roster. We can just empathize with his frustration of not being active.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 10:45 AM
he'll probably get the same type of contract he got this year but more incentive based. the CB and DE market always balloons due to lack of depth.
so people always get overpaid at those positions.

probably, he is only 26.

Requiem
12-16-2012, 10:48 AM
He has been held out more than the Saints Bounty Scandal players! DEEERP.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Putting "His test" in there leads me to believe the frustration could be over health and not the FO

Lestat
12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
probably, he is only 26.

i keep forgetting how young Porter is, i keep thinking he's like 29-30 already.
but he's young(not that 29 is old in real life but in football it is)

broncocalijohn
12-16-2012, 11:23 AM
FOr Porter, it sucks. FOr us fans, it is a great problem with Carter and Harris taking his spot. Shows we have good depth there. Moreno was inactive for many weeks and then was needed on an injury. You never know what happens especially with guaranteed playoffs coming. We need good CBs in those situations.

Punisher
12-16-2012, 12:28 PM
http://director.denverpost.com/p.php?a=cnwhMCI6JVlUTSczKjMxJzs6Jis8PzouNyowNC4jKy AiPjQjJjs%2FNCY%2BLiY0&m=1350360490

:strong:

Agamemnon
12-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Why is he inactive again? Teams have lots of corners active on gameday usually.

baja
12-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Clearly they are still trying to dial in his meds.

crush17
12-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Well..... Bye.

montrose
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
I was thinking about this when Harbaugh went with Kapernick over Smith, I understand why players are so paranoid about getting hurt because they can lose their spot. In Porter's case, he signed a one year deal so it looks like he's going to be hitting the market with low value since he hasn't been playing.

That said, anyone can get hurt so it's always nice to have guys to provide depth (hello Knowshon) plus he could come in handy against the Patriots in the playoffs.

Bacchus
12-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Porter nearing return. It's easy to keep track of how long cornerback Tracy Porter has been sidelined. He has been down since falling ill the day before the Broncos were to play their Monday night game, Oct. 15 at San Diego.
In that game, Porter's replacements, Chris Harris and Tony Carter, both had defensive touchdown returns to ignite what has now grown into a nine-game winning streak.
Porter, though, started practicing three weeks ago and there's a decent chance he will play, if in a limited role, this week against the Cleveland Browns.
"As far as Tracy goes, they're all competitors," Broncos coach John Fox said. "They want to play. He got injured or had an illness; some guys stepped in and did well. He just needs to focus on getting better every day. I saw good improvement last week. He went a month without playing. So he's working his way back."

Read more: Denver Broncos' Eric Decker shows he's a touchdown maker - (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22211852/denver-broncos-eric-decker-shows-hes-touchdown-maker#ixzz2FPrnNe6J)

The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22211852/denver-broncos-eric-decker-shows-hes-touchdown-maker#ixzz2FPrnNe6J) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22211852/denver-broncos-eric-decker-shows-hes-touchdown-maker#ixzz2FPrnNe6J

This is good, I'm glad Porter will get some playing time.

CEH
12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Chris Harris held Boldin without a catch for the first time since 2005.
Tough for Porter to find playing time when your top two CB are ballin like they are

Bacchus
12-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Tough for Porter to find playing time when your top two CB are ballin like they are

I agree but in the dime package and obvious passing downs who do you want out there Porter, or Leonhard?

Jetmeck
12-18-2012, 11:26 AM
I agree but in the dime package and obvious passing downs who do you want out there Porter, or Leonhard?

Against Playoff teams like NE whom I hope we get at MILE HIGH and beat the crap out of Brady ...... we will need Porter back !!!

Bronco Rob
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Glad to hear that Porter will see the field in 2012. Thought it was more of a disciplinary move under the guise of health issues. The perfect storm of Harris & Carter stepping it up coupled with his illness made him a corner in waiting. It will be interesting to see how he performs back in action. Guess this means Bolden is not ready to take the next step.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Ill take the guy not playing out of position thank you.

55CrushEm
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Yup. Hard to take Harris out of the starting lineup when he's playing as good as he is.

Champ held Torrey Smith to 1 catch before Smith went out with a concussion, too.

That's ONE catch for Smith/Boldin on Sunday!

:strong:

pricejj
12-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Of course, the problem comes down to being able to defend the run with a Nickel package.

1. The Broncos have shown that they can't defend the run in a 4-2-5 Defensive formation (everyone has torn the Broncos up running the ball against that formation all year, matching up 6 run blockers against 6 defenders in the box).

2. The only other Nickel option is the 5-2-4 Defensive formation, which takes a Safety off the field (Adams), and replaces him with a Nickle CB (Carter or maybe Porter). This is probably the option that the Broncos will choose if they play the Patriots again. It's a good choice, but leaves the Broncos vulnerable against the deep ball, as the CB's will be locked up in man-coverage throughout the game. Thank god the Patriots don't have speed deep. In this case, the most important matchup would be Carter (or Porter) vs. Welker on the outside. Which CB can do better? I would probably take my chances with Sticky Man. Welker is not a speedster, plus Rahim can help Carter out deep. Sticky just has to get more aggressive, and start to jump the under routes...hopefully he can do it.

I like the rest of the matchups. Woodyard, Trevathan or DJ can beat the crap out of Gronk all day, Champ can shut down Lloyd, and Harris can shutdown Hernandez. The Broncos Defense has been shutting down the running game with a 5 man front, and will hope to do so again. Brooking has been solid lately, and will have to be depended on, because DJ is not proving to be a better option at MLB.

Bacchus
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Ill take the guy not playing out of position thank you.

Really, playing safety for a CB is not tough as long as it is a pass. I'm sure Porter can handle it.

CEH
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Of course, the problem comes down to being able to defend the run with a Nickel package.

1. The Broncos have shown that they can't defend the run in a 4-2-5 Defensive formation (everyone has torn the Broncos up running the ball against that formation all year, matching up 6 run blockers against 6 defenders in the box).

2. The only other Nickel option is the 5-2-4 Defensive formation, which takes a Safety off the field (Adams), and replaces him with a Nickle CB (Carter or maybe Porter). This is probably the option that the Broncos will choose if they play the Patriots again. It's a good choice, but leaves the Broncos vulnerable against the deep ball, as the CB's will be locked up in man-coverage throughout the game. Thank god the Patriots don't have speed deep. In this case, the most important matchup would be Carter (or Porter) vs. Welker on the outside. Which CB can do better? I would probably take my chances with Sticky Man. Welker is not a speedster, plus Rahim can help Carter out deep. Sticky just has to get more aggressive, and start to jump the under routes...hopefully he can do it.

I like the rest of the matchups. Woodyard, Trevathan or DJ can beat the crap out of Gronk all day, Champ can shut down Lloyd, and Harris can shutdown Hernandez. The Broncos Defense has been shutting down the running game with a 5 man front, and will hope to do so again. Brooking has been solid lately, and will have to be depended on, because DJ is not proving to be a better option at MLB.

Not too many defenses can line up with NE. SF can because they play 12 men total no matter the tea/formation. How many teams can line their MLBer up on Hernadez like SF did with Willis

I'm not too worried about Lloyd. Welker is the guy who keeps NE's small ball on track. Lloyd 5 catches for 100 yards will not do as much damage as Welker 10 catches for 100 yards. If Rodgers can shadow Welker no reason why Bailey can't as well

Harris can match up on Lloyd

pricejj
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Not too many defenses can line up with NE. SF can because they play 12 men total no matter the tea/formation. How many teams can line their MLBer up on Hernadez like SF did with Willis

I'm not too worried about Lloyd. Welker is the guy who keeps NE's small ball on track. Lloyd 5 catches for 100 yards will not do as much damage as Welker 10 catches for 100 yards. If Rodgers can shadow Welker no reason why Bailey can't as well

Harris can match up on Lloyd

I just saw that IAOFM is advocating keeping Bailey on Welker, but I think Harris is going to have to knuckle-up and take Welker again. Harris is starting to play at a ProBowl level, and Bailey will take Lloyd completely out of the game-plan.

IAOFM is also advocating playing a 4-2...in which case NE will run on us all day. JDR tried deploying a 4-2 in the 2nd quarter against the Ravens and they drove down the field in 2 minutes, with a few 10 yard runs mixed in. That won't work.

DENVERDUI55
12-18-2012, 03:46 PM
JDR tried deploying a 4-2 in the 2nd quarter against the Ravens and they drove down the field in 2 minutes, with a few 10 yard runs mixed in. That won't work.

??? The ravens had 2 runs over 10 yards and most were under 4 yards. Not sure what you are talking about.

pricejj
12-18-2012, 04:00 PM
??? The ravens had 2 runs over 10 yards and most were under 4 yards. Not sure what you are talking about.

Bernard Pierce had a 14-yard run, and a 15-yarder (called back for slight hold on DJ Williams)...then Ray Rice had an 11-yard run...

All of them happened in the last half of the 2nd quarter when the Broncos tried the 4-2 Defensive front. I haven't rewatched the 2nd half to see if the Bronco pulled that out again or not. It sure wasn't working when they tried it at the end of the 2nd quarter.

DENVERDUI55
12-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Bernard Pierce had a 14-yard run, and a 15-yarder (called back for slight hold on DJ Williams)...then Ray Rice had an 11-yard run...

All of them happened in the last half of the 2nd quarter when the Broncos tried the 4-2 Defensive front. I haven't rewatched the 2nd half to see if the Bronco pulled that out again or not. It sure wasn't working when they tried it at the end of the 2nd quarter.

As I said 2 runs. You don't count ones that had a penalty on them. The reason that they moved the ball was a 40 plus yard pass. The Ravens didn't do crap in the run game against us.

Update..I'm going to guess watching the 2nd half would be a waste of time. Ravens got 25 of their 56 total rushing yards on the two plays. Their run game sucked and our D played lights out.

pricejj
12-18-2012, 04:15 PM
As I said 2 runs. You don't count ones that had a penalty on them. The reason that they moved the ball was a 40 plus yard pass. The Ravens didn't do crap in the run game against us.

That's because we played out of the Base 5-2 about 90% of the time (with different DB's depending on the situation).

Why do you think Manning will run the ball almost everytime he sees 6 men in the box? It's a number's game... Maybe the 12th man can help the Broncos at Mile High, but if they trot out 6 defenders in the box against New England, they will probably get torched on the ground (again).

What would you suggest?

DENVERDUI55
12-18-2012, 04:21 PM
What would you suggest?

That we trade a first for Crick in the offseason.

CEH
12-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I just saw that IAOFM is advocating keeping Bailey on Welker, but I think Harris is going to have to knuckle-up and take Welker again. Harris is starting to play at a ProBowl level, and Bailey will take Lloyd completely out of the game-plan.

IAOFM is also advocating playing a 4-2...in which case NE will run on us all day. JDR tried deploying a 4-2 in the 2nd quarter against the Ravens and they drove down the field in 2 minutes, with a few 10 yard runs mixed in. That won't work.

You're missing the point. Welker is the guy that keeps the drives alive. New England plays small ball moving the chains. Even if BLloyd goes off his impact will not be as damaging as Welker goin off.

Who did SF put on Welker. Thier best DB Rodgers and worked damn well until they went into a prevent

pricejj
12-18-2012, 04:33 PM

:rofl:

I'd take Eric Reid...maybe Minter or Mosley.

Need an ILB or SS who can take Hernandez out of the gameplan, and be versatile enough to stop the run too.

Somebody bigger and more physical than Chris Harris, and Mike Adams, but just as fast.

pricejj
12-18-2012, 04:36 PM
You're missing the point. Welker is the guy that keeps the drives alive. New England plays small ball moving the chains. Even if BLloyd goes off his impact will not be as damaging as Welker goin off.

Who did SF put on Welker. Thier best DB Rodgers and worked damn well until they went into a prevent

Champ on Welker would be REAL nice...

...that would be cool if Harris could handle Lloyd. You think he can? Lloyd is as smooth as they come on the outside, you have to have ultra-tight coverage to keep him contained.

CEH
12-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Champ on Welker would be REAL nice...

...that would be cool if Harris could handle Lloyd. You think he can? Lloyd is as smooth as they come on the outside, you have to have ultra-tight coverage to keep him contained.

Harris is not going to pull a Roc Alexandar. BLloyd can get his I just don't think he will be the catalyst for NE puting up massive yards and points

pricejj
12-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Update: Broncos ran exlusively out of the 4-2 Nickel with WW and DJ at LB in the 3rd quarter. The Ravens were able to move the ball, but Flacco's lack of execution killed drives. The Broncos did a decent job at stopping the run in the 3rd quarter...but the Ravens were in pass-mode (Down 24-0). Will re-watch the 4th quarter tonight.

Brooking played base Defense in the 1st half, while DJ played base Defense in the 2nd half. Trevathan played sparingly throughout. All three had 3 tackles each.

I believe that playing in Mile High in the playoffs will give the Broncos Defense an advantage of being able to run almost any Defense they want with success. A loud crowd could be a big factor.

Tony Carter plays WAY too far off the WR (8 yards back)...while Champ lines up right in your grill.

Hoping Porter can comeback and provide a spark at #3CB in a competition with Carter.

baja
12-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Porter is in the exact same position as Moreno was. Being inactive does not mean he is a failed player, what it means is a good player has a little better similar type player ahead of him. Porter is there if we need him just like Moreno was ready in the wings when Willis went down. That's some serious depth

socalorado
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Child please.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kevin+Minter+LSU+v+Mississippi+ULNMxZ0e8HSl.jpg