PDA

View Full Version : Statement Sunday - 6 key games

ZONA
12-14-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't think I've seen a regular season week in the NFL like this one coming up. usually there are maybe 2 or 3 really good games, but this week, 6 great matchups, all with playoff implications at stake.

Broncos @ Ravens
Giants @ Falcons
Packers @ Bears
Colts @ Texans
Steelers @ Cowboys
49'ers @ Patriots

That's as about as good as an NFL Sunday (regular season) as I've seen in a long long time. The NFL Network is calling it "Statement Sunday". Let's see who can call these 6 games the closest. Post your winning picks for each game and may the best maner win, lol. Remember, not who you WANT to win, but who you THINK will win.

Mine:

Broncos
Giants
Packers
Colts
Cowboys
Patriots

chadta
12-14-2012, 04:00 AM
Broncos
Giants
Packers
Colts
Cowboys
9ers

g6matty
12-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Ravens
Falcons
Bears
Texans
Steelers
Patriots

Jk broncos :)

TheChamp24
12-14-2012, 05:32 AM
The Texans are going to freakin destroy the Colts.

jerseyguy4
12-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Broncos
Falcons
Packers
Texans
Steelers
Patriots

Broncos, Texans, Packers, and Pats should have an easy time of it. Steelers & Giants might be a bit nailbitey

Should be a great football weekend!

Kaylore
12-14-2012, 06:33 AM
I actually have a feeling this weekend is going to be less of a big deal than people think.

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-14-2012, 06:57 AM
I actually have a feeling this weekend is going to be less of a big deal than people think.

I hope you're wrong, I am so FREAKIN' AMPED for Sunday, I already tipped the bartender $10 to hold the best seat in the house for me for the 1pm games!! :strong::strong::strong::strong:

Kaylore
12-14-2012, 07:03 AM
I hope you're wrong, I am so FREAKIN' AMPED for Sunday, I already tipped the bartender $10 to hold the best seat in the house for me for the 1pm games!! :strong::strong::strong::strong:

I should have said that differently. I am excited for this game and it's going to be a big game, but in terms of the SB teams, I am not sure it's going to make a huge difference. I have a feeling even if we lose to the Ravens they will drop at least one more. I am somewhat interested in the NFC West because that could shake a certain way, but really in the Playoffs there are always surprises.

I am ready for the playoffs to start.

RedskinBronco
12-14-2012, 07:03 AM
for the 6, I'm going:

Broncos
Giants (I WANT to pick ATL but I don't trust them)
Packers
Texans
Steelers
49ers

ZONA
12-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I think some of you guys are picking with your hearts and not your head. Why would you think young Colin and the 49'ers can go into NE and beat them? Explain.

RedskinBronco
12-14-2012, 09:21 AM
I think some of you guys are picking with your hearts and not your head. Why would you think young Colin and the 49'ers can go into NE and beat them? Explain.

SF is a beast defense similar to the Giants. We all know Tom Brady's kryptonite is that type front 7.

The 49ers and Giants are bad matchups for Brady and pats.

55CrushEm
12-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I should have said that differently. I am excited for this game and it's going to be a big game, but in terms of the SB teams, I am not sure it's going to make a huge difference. I have a feeling even if we lose to the Ravens they will drop at least one more. I am somewhat interested in the NFC West because that could shake a certain way, but really in the Playoffs there are always surprises.

Yup. I said the same thing. Even if we lose to Baltimore this weekend, I'm fairly confident we'll be seeded higher than they will. In short, we'll be the 3 seed.

jerseyguy4
12-14-2012, 09:51 AM
I also went with NE, but I can see an argument that sells me on at least the Niners putting up a fight.

First, NE. Yes, they crushed ass last week. But it was last week.
Tony Dungy once made a great statement that I love to repeat: (paraphrasing) "A team losing by big points is rarely as awful as they seemed, and a team who won by big points is rarely that awesome". My point is that I do not think the disparity between NE and Houston is nearly as much as that game showed us.

San Fran - If they get forced by NE to get into a shootout, they will have problems. But their gig to winning over the last several years has been just not to lose. Play ball control, get turnovers, and fight for field position. Colin is young and low XP. But if Harbaugh gets his way, Colin won't have to win the game, he will just have to not-lose it.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2012, 10:02 AM
I'd feel a lot better about that game if it was in San Fran and (NEVER thought I'd say this) Alex Smith was QBing.

Irish Stout
12-14-2012, 10:08 AM

Just think if we had an 18 game season... you could be ready for the playoffs to start for a lot longer.

Unless you're a middle of the road team the whole season and winning out the last two games, an 18 game season will be two weeks of suck for teams that clinch early and teams that are in the AFC West not named the Denver Broncos. And this is why I don't think the schedule should be messed with. Its great right now and this is a fantastic week of football, that isn't diluted with having to play 4 more weeks after this one.

spdirty
12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Only 1 afternoon game is worth a ****. I hate all the good ones getting played at the same time.