PDA

View Full Version : PATRICK PETERSON: “I think I am the best cornerback in the league right now”

Action
12-13-2012, 05:38 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/13/patrick-peterson-ill-show-im-the-best-in-the-nfl-against-megatron/

Although Lions-Cardinals is nowhere near the NFL’s best game on Sunday, that game will feature one of the NFL’s best individual matchups when Lions receiver Calvin Johnson is covered by Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson.

In fact, to hear Peterson tell it, the only better individual matchup in all the NFL than Peterson vs. Megatron is the one that happens in Cardinals practice, when Peterson covers teammate Larry Fitzgerald.

“I think I am the best cornerback in the league right now,” Peterson told reporters in a conference call this week. “You know, me and Calvin, we’re the same caliber players.”

But Peterson doesn’t consider Johnson the best receiver in the league right now.

“He’s second in my book behind Larry,” Peterson said.

Broncoman13
12-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Good to have confidence I guess... Coming off a 58-0 thumping though, whether his fault or not... Better to just keep a lid on it right now!

Drunk Monkey
12-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Oh Lawd

colorado jones
12-13-2012, 06:55 AM
In b4 rev.

oubronco
12-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Now watch Johnson make him his biitch

Tim
12-13-2012, 07:38 AM
I think he isn't even the best out of his draft right now, Sherman is having a great year

Kaylore
12-13-2012, 07:39 AM
TheRev's Wrath will consume this thread.

Play2win
12-13-2012, 07:50 AM
He should play safety.

bronco militia
12-13-2012, 07:55 AM
He should play safety.

Hilarious!

Smiling Assassin27
12-13-2012, 08:41 AM
He stinks.

Sincerely,

Matt Slauson

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 08:46 AM
In dc people are talking about an offseason trade of Kirk cousins for patrick peterson; got to improve that shanarat secondary and defense to be a legitimate sb contender

Smiling Assassin27
12-13-2012, 08:56 AM
In dc people are talking about an offseason trade of Kirk cousins for patrick peterson; got to improve that shanarat secondary and defense to be a legitimate sb contender

Yeah, THAT'S an even trade. :rofl:

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 09:04 AM

1) Obviously that would be the centerpiece and not straight up.
2) I am relaying what I heard; it's not my own trade proposal

Taco John
12-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Uh oh. Here comes the Von Miller hate train...

Taco John
12-13-2012, 09:10 AM

Rohirrim
12-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Seattle just stomped your asses 58 to zip. Wouldn't it be advisable to keep a low profile for a while? Ha!

DENVERDUI55
12-13-2012, 09:25 AM
TheRev approves.

Bigdawg26
12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah, but you want your CB to have confidence. He's really good and all, but I think he might want to make it inner confidence for awhile after losing 58-0.

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
He is. Peterson's playing CB like 04 Bailey + turnovers.

Tillman was better this season, but he's fallen off.
Jennings isn't all-around enough.
Champ's not the Champ of old.

Frankly, Cromartie's (I know, wtf did that come from?) the only one that comes close to matching this year.

Popps
12-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah, big impact he's having on his team huh? 58-0?

Clearly we drafted the right guy, regardless of Peterson's running at the mouth.

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, big impact he's having on his team huh? 58-0?

Clearly we drafted the right guy, regardless of Peterson's running at the mouth.

They also had been one of the best D's in the league leading into it.

Miller was held statless (except for his personal foul) when the Pats hung 45 on us in the playoffs. Your ridiculous conclusions can work both ways.

Heyneck
12-13-2012, 09:42 AM

lol... like that would ever happen.

Heyneck
12-13-2012, 09:44 AM
1) Obviously that would be the centerpiece and not straight up.
2) I am relaying what I heard; it's not my own trade proposal

obviously it was proposed by an arm chair GM that's a huge Skins homer.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 09:45 AM
lol... like that would ever happen.

Well az needs a qb and QBs are always at a premium just ask kc LOL

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 09:48 AM
obviously it was proposed by an arm chair GM that's a huge Skins homer.

Like that doesn't happen with every team. Oh those skins homers, what idiots!

Every other team's fan base and media is objective.

FearLanier
With Revis out Peterson is easily the best CB in football.

Saying Peterson was at fault for the 58-0 loss is simply not true.

Peterson had an INT and a pass defended. He shut down his man. The reason the Cardinals were beaten so bad was because the Seahawks rushed for 200+ yards and 3 TD's.

That's more on the front 7, not a CB.

Tombstone RJ
Confidence is good for a CB. But I think Revis is still probably the best all round CB.

CEH
12-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd like PP on this team and he may very well be the best right now but not over Von however I'm not sure anyone is saying they want PP on this team instead of Von plus FA stud CBs come on the market all the time even Champ was traded for. Good luck finding a Von Miller type on the market

Tombstone RJ
12-13-2012, 09:50 AM

Peterson had an INT and a pass defended. He shut down his man. The reason the Cardinals were beaten so bad was because the Seahawks rushed for 200+ yards and 3 TD's.

Peterson also muffed a punt at the goaline which lead to a TD. That was a special teams gaff of course but still, it didn't help his team.

CEH

CBs are be taken out of the game. Miller without the cast on his hand has the QBs attention on every play

Heyneck
Well az needs a qb and QBs are always at a premium just ask kc LOL

yeah but not a 4th rounder for the 5th overall pick of last year. No way it would happen. To get Peterson you would have to give up elite talent. Like the one we gave for Champ (we ran to the bank with that trade by the way). Not going to happen.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Von miller is more important than PP.

A dominating pass rusher is the single biggest key on a defense. Look at the giants; secondary is suspect but that pass rush is elite

Heyneck
12-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Like that doesn't happen with every team. Oh those skins homers, what idiots!

Every other team's fan base and media is objective.

you are right... but you are saying like it's actually going around DC (the media).
At least the Portis = Champ trade started because one of our deverpost writers proposed that trade because we needed some way to stop Manning in the playoffs.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 09:54 AM
yeah but not a 4th rounder for the 5th overall pick of last year. No way it would happen. To get Peterson you would have to give up elite talent. Like the one we gave for Champ (we ran to the bank with that trade by the way). Not going to happen.

I disagree on the champ/portis deal.

I thought it was even. Portis was a huge part of Gibbs 2.0 skins and a big time critical player in those 2 late season playoff runs and champ is champ.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 09:56 AM
you are right... but you are saying like it's actually going around DC (the media).
At least the Portis = Champ trade started because one of our deverpost writers proposed that trade because we needed some way to stop Manning in the playoffs.

Well it was mentioned on the radio but of course in a "call Arizona and see" type way not "hey this is a rumor"

But yeah it has been mentioned outside just armchair msg board fans. Again, key point being that NOT A RUMOR, just kick the tires...

Tombstone RJ
12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
I disagree on the champ/portis deal.

I thought it was even. Portis was a huge part of Gibbs 2.0 skins and a big time critical player in those 2 late season playoff runs and champ is champ.

sorry, but Shanny definitely won this trade. Broncos even got a second round pick. Shanny = winning.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 10:01 AM
sorry, but Shanny definitely won this trade. Broncos even got a second round pick. Shanny = winning.

Believe what you want; portis was a big time player here.

Oh and how did Bailey do against evil peyton "colts" manning when he was surrounded with shanarat's other defensive personnel in those glorious playoff games against the colts?

Heyneck
12-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Well it was mentioned on the radio but of course in a "call Arizona and see" type way not "hey this is a rumor"

But yeah it has been mentioned outside just armchair msg board fans. Again, key point being that NOT A RUMOR, just kick the tires...

well, at least you got Shany's history of coveting that prime cover corner and going for him. But that time he at least had a great bargaining chip to allure the other team. In the skins case Kirk can't be the starting point. He would probably be a throw in, or a complement to the big offer. Say.. draft pick, because I can't think of a player (only RG3) on the skins that the cards would trade Peterson for.

Still, I think the Shanahan's covet Kirk because they know that if they keep playing RG3 like they have, he will eventually miss game per season a la Vick.

NFLBRONCO
12-13-2012, 10:03 AM
He might be problem is he's one the nfl's who cares teams. Ariz and Jax tops in that dept.

broncocalijohn
12-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Is he the best CB? I am not sure but for a 2nd year player to be at his level, Cardinals did good in getting him very early last season. CB is a tough position to pick up from college to the pros and he has done it after one season. He should be having a Champ Bailey like career. He also returns kicks which is now a bonus.

With that said, I want Johnson to score a few on him just for running his mouth after a 58-0 loss.

Tombstone RJ
12-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Oh and how did Bailey do against evil peyton "colts" manning when he was surrounded with shanarat's other defensive personnel in those glorious playoff games against the colts?

Shanny's defenses did not do well against the Colts but that's not all on one player, that was more of a systemic problem due to Shanny's incompetence. That being said, Bailey has continued his pro-bowl ways with the Broncos, and has been a very stable presence in the backfield of the defense and in the lockerroom too.

I'm the first one to criticize Shanny's bad decisions, but on this trade, he hit the damn ball out of the park.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Shanny's defenses did not do well against the Colts but that's not all on one player, that was more of a systemic problem due to Shanny's incompetence. That being said, Bailey has continued his pro-bowl ways with the Broncos, and has been a very stable presence in the backfield of the defense and in the lockerroom too.

I'm the first one to criticize Shanny's bad decisions, but on this trade, he hit the damn ball out of the park.

We will have to agree to disagree but it's cool.

It can be debated forever given the importance of each guy to his respective team

Kaylore
12-13-2012, 10:17 AM

You mean when Marvin Harrison did nothing every time he played the Broncos?

Archer81
12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Lenny Walls and Kelly Herndon...

The horror...the horror...

:Broncos:

Kaylore
12-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Roc Alexander wished he was Lenny Walls.

Punisher
12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm saying Tillman is the best CB in the NFL. But that's just me

Archer81
12-13-2012, 10:26 AM

http://tinyurl.com/a836ufl

Make it stop...

:Broncos:

Punisher
12-13-2012, 10:26 AM

Lenny Walls wasn't that bad he was just used wrong, I always saw him as a FS maybe because that's what i made him into when i played Madden.

errand
12-13-2012, 10:28 AM

At this current point in time, Von was the best player selected in that draft.....

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 10:28 AM
You mean when Marvin Harrison did nothing every time he played the Broncos?

I shiver at the thought of those games. He got gashed as well, but it wasn't necessarily his fault. That's the thing with DBs; it's not possible to keep up with the receiver for 10+ seconds.

Great example is the giants DBs who are absolute trash without that vaunted pass rush

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Chromartie, Browner (although he is on the sauce), Tillman and Jennings are all better than Peterson and if Revis was healthy I think we all know where in the discussion he would be.

gunns
12-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Sherman's doing much better than Peterson overall. And if you are a team player you don't open your mouth and express your ego right after your team lost 58-0. Let your play do your talking.

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 10:51 AM
At this current point in time, Von was the best player selected in that draft.....

Texas fans are saying the same about JJ
9er fans are saying the same about Aldon
Bengal fans are saying the same about Green
Cardinals fans are saying the same about Peterson
Panther fans are saying the same about Cam
Etc

errand
12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Sherman's doing much better than Peterson overall. And if you are a team player you don't open your mouth and express your ego right after your team lost 58-0. Let your play do your talking.

This^....

But it's kind of hard to let your play do the talking when the team leading your division doesn't have any WR's that will allow you to display your immense talent.....

oubronco
12-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Tony Carter is just as good

2KBack
12-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I shiver at the thought of those games. He got gashed as well, but it wasn't necessarily his fault. That's the thing with DBs; it's not possible to keep up with the receiver for 10+ seconds.

Great example is the giants DBs who are absolute trash without that vaunted pass rush

Champ didn't get gashed in his Indy game (he didn't play the first one). Harrison was an after thought with 50 yards. It was Wayne with 220 yards and 2 TD's on the other side. Whoever Champ wasn't on got the ball in that game it was so hard to watch.

errand
12-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Etc

Just one man's opinion......

I cannot recall Miller tooting his own horn about being the best....you usually hear other players and coaches and analysts and fans saying it

CEH
12-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Harrison 4 catches 51 yards. Previous year sans Bailey with Portis Harrison 7 catches 133 yards

Why do I see quotes all the time from GMs past and present that when building a foundation you want these cornerstone players: QB, LT, DE and CB

Not sure where I see the RB come into the equation. They are a specialty player who you want to add to put your team over the top. Portis had 4 very good years in Washinton but was ran into the ground and is out of the league

Bailiey has made more big plays in the playoffs than Portis in his , is still playing at a Pro Bowl level and will enter the HOF.

Not sure how you can debate a cornerstone HOF player vs a speciality very good football player

TheReverend

I cannot recall Miller tooting his own horn about being the best....you usually hear other players and coaches and analysts and fans saying it

His coaches, teammates and analysts have been saying it too.

errand

tony is definitely playing at a high level this season.....

ZONA
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
What's with all the Miller is more important then PP stuff? The OP said nothing about that, one dude sniffs around that idea and next thing you know the thread is filled with all of this Miller vs Peterson crap and nobody was even trying to go there. It's called stay on topic people, try it sometime.

Sometimes this place is stupid funny.

Look, PP is a great CB and he's only getting better. Hard to say who the best is for sure, some of the elite guys over the last few years have really started to trend downward and of course, yeah Revis is hurt. But Asomugha has looked nothing like a great CB he was just a few short years ago.

broncs2bowl
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Champ Bailey is leading the AFC in probowl votes, sweet hahah

errand
12-13-2012, 11:09 AM
His coaches, teammates and analysts have been saying it too.

Well of course his team mates and coaches would say that, I wouldn't expect them to say otherwise....however the key word was other....as in opposing fans, coaches and players.

CEH
12-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Champ Bailey is leading the AFC in probowl votes, sweet hahah

So is Miller and Manning

When was the last time that happend? Maybe 1998 with Elway , Davis and Sharpe?

This year has that 97,98 smell. BTW 97 last time a Broncos team was top 5 in offense and defense

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Harrison 4 catches 51 yards. Previous year sans Bailey with Portis Harrison 7 catches 133 yards

Why do I see quotes all the time from GMs past and present that when building a foundation you want these cornerstone players: QB, LT, DE and CB

Not sure where I see the RB come into the equation. They are a specialty player who you want to add to put your team over the top. Portis had 4 very good years in Washinton but was ran into the ground and is out of the league

Bailiey has made more big plays in the playoffs than Portis in his , is still playing at a Pro Bowl level and will enter the HOF.

Not sure how you can debate a cornerstone HOF player vs a speciality very good football player

Because I have seen what each guy has done for his respective franchise. JMO; I go by the eye test and impact from what I see

I'm not saying anyone has to agree or anything

DENVERDUI55
12-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Why would AZ trade PP for a backup QB when they are in a position to draft one high?

Heyneck
12-13-2012, 11:25 AM

love Carter... but GTFO!!!

Heyneck
12-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Why would AZ trade PP for a backup QB when they are in a position to draft one high?

Specially when they already got served on the Kolb for Cro trade. They will never let that happen again.

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 11:33 AM
What's with all the Miller is more important then PP stuff? The OP said nothing about that, one dude sniffs around that idea and next thing you know the thread is filled with all of this Miller vs Peterson crap and nobody was even trying to go there. It's called stay on topic people, try it sometime.

Look, PP is a great CB and he's only getting better. Hard to say who the best is for sure, some of the elite guys over the last few years have really started to trend downward and of course, yeah Revis is hurt. But Asomugha has looked nothing like a great CB he was just a few short years ago.

People take non Bronco success very personally for some reason. Especially when there's even a perceived tie to the team.

WolfpackGuy
12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Peterson's awesome, but I'd rather have a disruptive front seven guy.

Too many ticky tack judgment calls/non calls in the secondary nowadays.

fdf
12-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Confidence is good for a CB. But I think Revis is still probably the best all round CB.

Confidence is good. I don't know why cornerbacks and WR's have to have both confidence AND big mouths.

I guess in our self-esteem society, the two are the same.

Bacchus
12-13-2012, 11:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/13/patrick-peterson-ill-show-im-the-best-in-the-nfl-against-megatron/

Although Lions-Cardinals is nowhere near the NFL’s best game on Sunday, that game will feature one of the NFL’s best individual matchups when Lions receiver Calvin Johnson is covered by Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson.

In fact, to hear Peterson tell it, the only better individual matchup in all the NFL than Peterson vs. Megatron is the one that happens in Cardinals practice, when Peterson covers teammate Larry Fitzgerald.

“I think I am the best cornerback in the league right now,” Peterson told reporters in a conference call this week. “You know, me and Calvin, we’re the same caliber players.”

But Peterson doesn’t consider Johnson the best receiver in the league right now.

He is really good, other than that who cares?

baja
12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Wonder how a team comprised totally of the 2011 draft (Cam, Von etc) would have faired in this season. Would they be in the play offs? Would they be considered a prime contender to win the SB?

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
http://gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Sanchez-Petersen-Interception.gif

Amazing play. Right up there with Champs toe dragging pick in 06

baja
12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Rnd. Pick # NFL team Player Pos. College Conf. Notes
1 1 Carolina Panthers Cam Newton† QB Auburn SEC 2010 Heisman Trophy winner[N 2]
1 2 Denver Broncos Von Miller† LB Texas A&M Big 12
1 3 Buffalo Bills Marcell Dareus DE Alabama SEC
1 4 Cincinnati Bengals A. J. Green† WR Georgia SEC
1 5 Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson† CB LSU SEC
1 6 Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones WR Alabama SEC from Cleveland [R1 - 1]
1 7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith LB Missouri Big 12
1 8 Tennessee Titans Jake Locker QB Washington Pac-10
1 9 Dallas Cowboys Tyron Smith OT USC Pac-10
1 10 Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri Big 12 from Washington [R1 - 2]
1 11 Houston Texans J. J. Watt DE Wisconsin Big Ten
1 12 Minnesota Vikings Christian Ponder QB Florida State ACC
1 13 Detroit Lions Nick Fairley DT Auburn SEC
1 14 St. Louis Rams Robert Quinn DE North Carolina ACC
1 15 Miami Dolphins Mike Pouncey C Florida SEC
1 16 Washington Redskins Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue Big Ten from Jacksonville [R1 - 3]
1 17 New England Patriots Nate Solder OT Colorado Big 12 from Oakland [R1 - 4]
1 18 San Diego Chargers Corey Liuget DT Illinois Big Ten
1 19 New York Giants Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska Big 12
1 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa Big Ten
1 21 Cleveland Browns Phil Taylor DT Baylor Big 12 from Kansas City [R1 - 5]
1 22 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College ACC
1 23 Philadelphia Eagles Danny Watkins G Baylor Big 12
1 24 New Orleans Saints Cameron Jordan DE California Pac-10
1 25 Seattle Seahawks James Carpenter OT Alabama SEC
1 26 Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh Big East from Atlanta via Cleveland [R1 - 6]
1 27 Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith CB Colorado Big 12 in lieu of pick 26 (time expired) [N 3]
1 28 New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram RB Alabama SEC from New England [R1 - 7], 2009 Heisman Trophy winner[N 4]
1 29 Chicago Bears Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin Big Ten
1 30 New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple MAC
1 31 Pittsburgh Steelers Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State Big Ten
1 32 Green Bay Packers Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State SEC
2 33 New England Patriots Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia ACC from Carolina [R2 - 1]
2 34 Buffalo Bills Aaron Williams CB Texas Big 12
2 35 Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton† QB TCU MWC
2 36 San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada WAC from Denver [R2 - 2]
2 37 Cleveland Browns Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh Big East
2 38 Arizona Cardinals Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech ACC
2 39 Tennessee Titans Akeem Ayers LB UCLA Pac-10
2 40 Dallas Cowboys Bruce Carter LB North Carolina ACC
2 41 Washington Redskins Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson ACC
2 42 Houston Texans Brooks Reed DE Arizona Pac-10
2 43 Minnesota Vikings Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame Ind.
2 44 Detroit Lions Titus Young WR Boise State WAC
2 45 Denver Broncos Rahim Moore S UCLA Pac-10 from San Francisco [R2 - 3]
2 46 Denver Broncos Orlando Franklin OT Miami (FL) ACC from Miami [R2 - 4]
2 47 St. Louis Rams Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin Big Ten
2 48 Oakland Raiders Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State Big Ten
2 49 Indianapolis Colts Ben Ijalana OT Villanova CAA from Jacksonville via Washington [R2 - 5]
2 50 San Diego Chargers Marcus Gilchrist CB Clemson ACC
2 51 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson ACC
2 52 New York Giants Marvin Austin DT North Carolina ACC
2 53 Chicago Bears Stephen Paea DT Oregon State Pac-10 from Indianapolis via Washington [R2 - 6]
2 54 Philadelphia Eagles Jaiquawn Jarrett S Temple MAC
2 55 Kansas City Chiefs Rodney Hudson G Florida State ACC
2 56 New England Patriots Shane Vereen RB California Pac-10 from New Orleans [R2 - 7]
2 57 Detroit Lions Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois Big Ten from Seattle [R2 - 8]
2 58 Baltimore Ravens Torrey Smith WR Maryland ACC
2 59 Cleveland Browns Greg Little WR North Carolina ACC from Atlanta [R2 - 9]
2 60 Houston Texans Brandon Harris CB Miami (FL) ACC from New England [R2 - 10]
2 61 San Diego Chargers Jonas Mouton LB Michigan Big Ten from New York Jets [R2 - 11]
2 62 Miami Dolphins Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State Big 12 from Chicago via Washington [R2 - 12]
2 63 Pittsburgh Steelers Marcus Gilbert OT Florida SEC
2 64 Green Bay Packers Randall Cobb WR Kentucky SEC
3 65 Carolina Panthers Terrell McClain DT South Florida Big East
3 66 Cincinnati Bengals Dontay Moch LB Nevada WAC
3 67 Denver Broncos Nate Irving LB North Carolina State ACC
3 68 Buffalo Bills Kelvin Sheppard LB LSU SEC
3 69 Arizona Cardinals Rob Housler TE Florida Atlantic Sun Belt
3 70 Kansas City Chiefs Justin Houston DE Georgia SEC from Cleveland [R3 - 1]
3 71 Dallas Cowboys DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma Big 12
3 72 New Orleans Saints Martez Wilson LB Illinois Big Ten from Washington [R3 - 2]
3 73 New England Patriots Stevan Ridley RB LSU SEC from Houston [R3 - 3]
3 74 New England Patriots Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas SEC from Minnesota [R3 - 4]
3 75 Seattle Seahawks John Moffitt G Wisconsin Big Ten from Detroit [R3 - 5]
3 76 Jacksonville Jaguars Will Rackley G Lehigh Patriot from San Francisco [R3 - 6]
3 77 Tennessee Titans Jurrell Casey DT USC Pac-10
3 78 St. Louis Rams Austin Pettis WR Boise State WAC
3 79 Washington Redskins Leonard Hankerson WR Miami (FL) ACC from Miami [R3 - 7]
3 80 San Francisco 49ers Chris Culliver CB South Carolina SEC from Jacksonville [R3 - 8]
3 81 Oakland Raiders DeMarcus Van Dyke CB Miami (FL) ACC
3 82 San Diego Chargers Vincent Brown WR San Diego State MWC
3 83 New York Giants Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy Sun Belt
3 84 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mason Foster LB Washington Pac-10
3 85 Baltimore Ravens Jah Reid OT Central Florida C-USA from Philadelphia [R3 - 9]
3 86 Kansas City Chiefs Allen Bailey DE Miami (FL) ACC
3 87 Indianapolis Colts Drake Nevis DT LSU SEC
3 88 New Orleans Saints Johnny Patrick CB Louisville Big East
3 89 San Diego Chargers Shareece Wright CB USC Pac-10 from Seattle [R3 - 10]
3 90 Philadelphia Eagles Curtis Marsh CB Utah State WAC from Baltimore [R3 - 11]
3 91 Atlanta Falcons Akeem Dent LB Georgia SEC
3 92 Oakland Raiders Joseph Barksdale OT LSU SEC from New England [R3 - 12]
3 93 Chicago Bears Chris Conte S California Pac-10
3 94 New York Jets Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton MEAC
3 95 Pittsburgh Steelers Curtis Brown CB Texas Big 12
3 96 Green Bay Packers Alex Green RB Hawaii WAC
3* 97 Carolina Panthers Sione Fua DT Stanford Pac-10
4 98 Carolina Panthers Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia Big East
4 99 Seattle Seahawks K. J. Wright LB Mississippi State SEC from Denver via New England [R4 - 1]
4 100 Buffalo Bills Da'Norris Searcy CB North Carolina ACC
4 101 Cincinnati Bengals Clint Boling G Georgia SEC

bronco militia
12-13-2012, 11:53 AM

the Op was probably trying to poke a stick at Rev.....certain posters took the bait. ;D

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 12:07 PM
the Op was probably trying to poke a stick at Rev.....certain posters took the bait. ;D

It is what it is. I don't understand the stick poking when both are having all pro seasons (hopefully Miller gets back in the DPOY race sunday) but whatever.

Freak6 gonna Freak6, no matter what username he's using

DENVERDUI55
12-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Peterson is good but he isn't even best defender on his team. He can be lit up too. Living in AZ I am yet to hear a Card fan that wouldn't trade him for Miller or Watt. The only argument I can see making for Peterson is longevity at the position as CB usually can play at a higher level for a longer period of time than say a rush LB or DE.

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Rnd. Pick # NFL team Player Pos. College Conf. Notes
1 1 Carolina Panthers Cam Newton† QB Auburn SEC 2010 Heisman Trophy winner[N 2]
1 2 Denver Broncos Von Miller† LB Texas A&M Big 12
1 3 Buffalo Bills Marcell Dareus DE Alabama SEC
1 4 Cincinnati Bengals A. J. Green† WR Georgia SEC
1 5 Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson† CB LSU SEC
1 6 Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones WR Alabama SEC from Cleveland [R1 - 1]
1 7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith LB Missouri Big 12
1 8 Tennessee Titans Jake Locker QB Washington Pac-10
1 9 Dallas Cowboys Tyron Smith OT USC Pac-10
1 10 Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri Big 12 from Washington [R1 - 2]
1 11 Houston Texans J. J. Watt DE Wisconsin Big Ten
1 12 Minnesota Vikings Christian Ponder QB Florida State ACC
1 13 Detroit Lions Nick Fairley DT Auburn SEC
1 14 St. Louis Rams Robert Quinn DE North Carolina ACC
1 15 Miami Dolphins Mike Pouncey C Florida SEC
1 16 Washington Redskins Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue Big Ten from Jacksonville [R1 - 3]
1 17 New England Patriots Nate Solder OT Colorado Big 12 from Oakland [R1 - 4]
1 18 San Diego Chargers Corey Liuget DT Illinois Big Ten
1 19 New York Giants Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska Big 12
1 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa Big Ten
1 21 Cleveland Browns Phil Taylor DT Baylor Big 12 from Kansas City [R1 - 5]
1 22 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College ACC
1 23 Philadelphia Eagles Danny Watkins G Baylor Big 12
1 24 New Orleans Saints Cameron Jordan DE California Pac-10
1 25 Seattle Seahawks James Carpenter OT Alabama SEC
1 26 Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh Big East from Atlanta via Cleveland [R1 - 6]
1 27 Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith CB Colorado Big 12 in lieu of pick 26 (time expired) [N 3]
1 28 New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram RB Alabama SEC from New England [R1 - 7], 2009 Heisman Trophy winner[N 4]
1 29 Chicago Bears Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin Big Ten
1 30 New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple MAC
1 31 Pittsburgh Steelers Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State Big Ten
1 32 Green Bay Packers Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State SEC
2 33 New England Patriots Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia ACC from Carolina [R2 - 1]
2 34 Buffalo Bills Aaron Williams CB Texas Big 12
2 35 Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton† QB TCU MWC
2 36 San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada WAC from Denver [R2 - 2]
2 37 Cleveland Browns Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh Big East
2 38 Arizona Cardinals Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech ACC
2 39 Tennessee Titans Akeem Ayers LB UCLA Pac-10
2 40 Dallas Cowboys Bruce Carter LB North Carolina ACC
2 41 Washington Redskins Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson ACC
2 42 Houston Texans Brooks Reed DE Arizona Pac-10
2 43 Minnesota Vikings Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame Ind.
2 44 Detroit Lions Titus Young WR Boise State WAC
2 45 Denver Broncos Rahim Moore S UCLA Pac-10 from San Francisco [R2 - 3]
2 46 Denver Broncos Orlando Franklin OT Miami (FL) ACC from Miami [R2 - 4]
2 47 St. Louis Rams Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin Big Ten
2 48 Oakland Raiders Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State Big Ten
2 49 Indianapolis Colts Ben Ijalana OT Villanova CAA from Jacksonville via Washington [R2 - 5]
2 50 San Diego Chargers Marcus Gilchrist CB Clemson ACC
2 51 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson ACC
2 52 New York Giants Marvin Austin DT North Carolina ACC
2 53 Chicago Bears Stephen Paea DT Oregon State Pac-10 from Indianapolis via Washington [R2 - 6]
2 54 Philadelphia Eagles Jaiquawn Jarrett S Temple MAC
2 55 Kansas City Chiefs Rodney Hudson G Florida State ACC
2 56 New England Patriots Shane Vereen RB California Pac-10 from New Orleans [R2 - 7]
2 57 Detroit Lions Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois Big Ten from Seattle [R2 - 8]
2 58 Baltimore Ravens Torrey Smith WR Maryland ACC
2 59 Cleveland Browns Greg Little WR North Carolina ACC from Atlanta [R2 - 9]
2 60 Houston Texans Brandon Harris CB Miami (FL) ACC from New England [R2 - 10]
2 61 San Diego Chargers Jonas Mouton LB Michigan Big Ten from New York Jets [R2 - 11]
2 62 Miami Dolphins Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State Big 12 from Chicago via Washington [R2 - 12]
2 63 Pittsburgh Steelers Marcus Gilbert OT Florida SEC
2 64 Green Bay Packers Randall Cobb WR Kentucky SEC
3 65 Carolina Panthers Terrell McClain DT South Florida Big East
3 66 Cincinnati Bengals Dontay Moch LB Nevada WAC
3 67 Denver Broncos Nate Irving LB North Carolina State ACC
3 68 Buffalo Bills Kelvin Sheppard LB LSU SEC
3 69 Arizona Cardinals Rob Housler TE Florida Atlantic Sun Belt
3 70 Kansas City Chiefs Justin Houston DE Georgia SEC from Cleveland [R3 - 1]
3 71 Dallas Cowboys DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma Big 12
3 72 New Orleans Saints Martez Wilson LB Illinois Big Ten from Washington [R3 - 2]
3 73 New England Patriots Stevan Ridley RB LSU SEC from Houston [R3 - 3]
3 74 New England Patriots Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas SEC from Minnesota [R3 - 4]
3 75 Seattle Seahawks John Moffitt G Wisconsin Big Ten from Detroit [R3 - 5]
3 76 Jacksonville Jaguars Will Rackley G Lehigh Patriot from San Francisco [R3 - 6]
3 77 Tennessee Titans Jurrell Casey DT USC Pac-10
3 78 St. Louis Rams Austin Pettis WR Boise State WAC
3 79 Washington Redskins Leonard Hankerson WR Miami (FL) ACC from Miami [R3 - 7]
3 80 San Francisco 49ers Chris Culliver CB South Carolina SEC from Jacksonville [R3 - 8]
3 81 Oakland Raiders DeMarcus Van Dyke CB Miami (FL) ACC
3 82 San Diego Chargers Vincent Brown WR San Diego State MWC
3 83 New York Giants Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy Sun Belt
3 84 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mason Foster LB Washington Pac-10
3 85 Baltimore Ravens Jah Reid OT Central Florida C-USA from Philadelphia [R3 - 9]
3 86 Kansas City Chiefs Allen Bailey DE Miami (FL) ACC
3 87 Indianapolis Colts Drake Nevis DT LSU SEC
3 88 New Orleans Saints Johnny Patrick CB Louisville Big East
3 89 San Diego Chargers Shareece Wright CB USC Pac-10 from Seattle [R3 - 10]
3 90 Philadelphia Eagles Curtis Marsh CB Utah State WAC from Baltimore [R3 - 11]
3 91 Atlanta Falcons Akeem Dent LB Georgia SEC
3 92 Oakland Raiders Joseph Barksdale OT LSU SEC from New England [R3 - 12]
3 93 Chicago Bears Chris Conte S California Pac-10
3 94 New York Jets Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton MEAC
3 95 Pittsburgh Steelers Curtis Brown CB Texas Big 12
3 96 Green Bay Packers Alex Green RB Hawaii WAC
3* 97 Carolina Panthers Sione Fua DT Stanford Pac-10
4 98 Carolina Panthers Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia Big East
4 99 Seattle Seahawks K. J. Wright LB Mississippi State SEC from Denver via New England [R4 - 1]
4 100 Buffalo Bills Da'Norris Searcy CB North Carolina ACC
4 101 Cincinnati Bengals Clint Boling G Georgia SEC

QB: Andy Dalton
WR: Green, Julio Jones and Randall Cobb
TE: Kyle Rudolph
RB: Stevan Ridley, Demarco Murray
OL: Nate Solder, Orlando Franklin, Mike Pouncey, Castonzo, Tyron Smith

DL: JJ Watt, Nick Fairley, Corey Liuget, Justin Houston
LB: Von Miller, Akeem Ayers, Bruce Carter
CB: Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara
S: Rahim Moore, Chris Conte

A ton of depth at DL and WR, interior OL and DB is a bit thin though. I think that team with good coaching would be a playoff contender in either conference and probably would be fighting for a bye.

baja
12-13-2012, 12:29 PM
What about ST's

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
What about ST's

K: Alex Henery
P: Matt Bosher
Returner: Peterson
LS: Kyle Nelson

baja
12-13-2012, 12:41 PM
At first I was surprised you went with Dalton over Cam Newton but after some thought it makes sense.

What about long snapper?

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 12:43 PM
At first I was surprised you went with Dalton over Cam Newton but after some thought it makes sense.

What about long snapper?

I went with Kyle Nelson from San Diego over the kid from St Louis.

lonestar
12-13-2012, 01:13 PM

he probably is

on both counts..

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 01:13 PM
QB: Andy Dalton
WR: Green, Julio Jones and Randall Cobb
TE: Kyle Rudolph
RB: Stevan Ridley, Demarco Murray
OL: Nate Solder, Orlando Franklin, Mike Pouncey, Castonzo, Tyron Smith

DL: JJ Watt, Nick Fairley, Corey Liuget, Justin Houston
LB: Von Miller, Akeem Ayers, Bruce Carter
CB: Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara
S: Rahim Moore, Chris Conte

A ton of depth at DL and WR, interior OL and DB is a bit thin though. I think that team with good coaching would be a playoff contender in either conference and probably would be fighting for a bye.

Wtf? DL is way the **** off. No Aldon or Wilkerson on your team even

DEs: Aldon Smith, Houston
DTs: Watt, Wilkerson

And Richard Sherman has to be Opp Peterson.

bronco militia
12-13-2012, 01:19 PM
no Ryan Kerrigan, Marcell Dareus?

55CrushEm
12-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Yep. How does the saying go?

When you're GOOD, you tell people.

When you're GREAT, THEY tell YOU.

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM

I wouldn't start Aldon Smith in a 4-3 in a million years, he defends the run less well than Elvis Dumervil does. Watt is better at base end than at 3-tech, he makes most of his plays in the 5-tech against the RT and in a 4-3 I would have him play LDE and kick him inside on passing downs. Fairley is the 2nd best 3-tech in the league right now behind Geno Atkins. Wilkerson is a good alternative to Liuget, I went with Liuget because I have seen more of his games and know his game better. I will give you Aldon Smith, Fairley, Wilkerson and Watt - but no way in hell I am putting Houston and Aldon Smith in there.

I tried to stay away from people who are injured, using PEDs or otherwise suspended, that is why I don't have Sherman.

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM

If I was going with a 3-4 defense:

Aldon Smith, JJ watt, Wilkerson, Dareus, Von Miller with Akeem Ayers and Bruce Carter at ILB.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 01:42 PM

Kerrigan has stepped up during this skins win streak but he I still wouldn't put him on this all 2011 draft team.

In all fairness, maybe he needs more help. Right now the only capable pass rusher on the skins is rob jackson and even he isn't consistent at it.

But Kerrigan was a disappearing act earlier this season.

He's ok and still early in his career, definitely has flashes of perhaps becoming a dominating guy but at some point he will be labeled as just who he is, a nice slightly above avg player

DENVERDUI55
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't start Aldon Smith in a 4-3 in a million years, he defends the run less well than Elvis Dumervil does. Watt is better at base end than at 3-tech, he makes most of his plays in the 5-tech against the RT and in a 4-3 I would have him play LDE and kick him inside on passing downs. Fairley is the 2nd best 3-tech in the league right now behind Geno Atkins. Wilkerson is a good alternative to Liuget, I went with Liuget because I have seen more of his games and know his game better. I will give you Aldon Smith, Fairley, Wilkerson and Watt - but no way in hell I am putting Houston and Aldon Smith in there.

I tried to stay away from people who are injured, using PEDs or otherwise suspended, that is why I don't have Sherman.

Ok no Smith at DE but you put Houston there? No Dareus over fairley?

gunns
12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Etc

Too bad they are all wrong.

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM

This is exactly why discussing non Bronco players on the OM is ****ing retarded.

Popps
12-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Von miller is more important than PP.

A dominating pass rusher is the single biggest key on a defense. Look at the giants; secondary is suspect but that pass rush is elite

San Diego was keeping 3 blockers in at times to deal with Von Miller.
He forces an offense to change what they do on almost every down. He has to be accounted for on every play.

All Peterson's opposing QBs have to do is throw away from him. Can he shut down their best WR? Certainly. That's a nice luxury and we've had that with Champ for years. But, we also saw how useless Champ was without real pressure up front.

Most teams have 2-3 viable weapons in the passing game now, if not more.
A franchise cornerback can only deal with one of them.

We picked the right guy. I can't imagine any Broncos fans would argue that at this point. It's not even close.

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
^ exhibiting a dog **** understanding of how defenses work, but okay lol

g6matty
12-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Etc

Give me AJ .but for our team we needed von more then green

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Give me AJ .but for our team we needed von more then green

You get the point though, right?

bronco militia
12-13-2012, 02:22 PM
what an awesome draft

Requiem
12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
http://thewrestlingflock.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/brethitmanhartwallpaper.jpg

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok no Smith at DE but you put Houston there? No Dareus over fairley?

Houston is a much better run defender than Aldon Smith, he isn't quite as strong as a pure pass rusher but it is closer than the stats suggest - without the 5.5 sacks Aldon Smith got against a retarded Chicago Bears offence the sack numbers would be within tolerance when considering Houston plays on the left side of the defense much of the time.

Dareus would be instead of Wilkerson or Liuget - he is not nearly as disruptive as Fairley and they don't play the same position.

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 02:45 PM
what an awesome draft

2011 was really strong at some positions.

Kaylore
12-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Because I have seen what each guy has done for his respective franchise. JMO; I go by the eye test and impact from what I see
I'm not saying anyone has to agree or anything

::) Yeah ok. The "eye" test shows the Broncos were better than the Redskins and Bailey is going to the HOF and Portis will be lucky to get Redskins Ring of Fame consideration.

There were a lot of problems with our defense in the playoffs in the 2000's, Bailey wasn't one of them. And Harrison never did anything when we played the Colts with Bailey.

I have found two people on this board who think we lost the Portis/Bailey trade and one of them is a Redskin fan. Shocking.

TheReverend
12-13-2012, 02:56 PM
::) Yeah ok. The "eye" test shows the Broncos were better than the Redskins and Bailey is going to the HOF and Portis will be lucky to get Redskins Ring of Fame consideration.

There were a lot of problems with our defense in the playoffs in the 2000's, Bailey wasn't one of them. And Harrison never did anything when we played the Colts with Bailey.

I have found two people on this board who think we lost the Portis/Bailey trade and one of them is a Redskin fan. Shocking.

Clinton doesn't stand a chance.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 02:58 PM

When did I say the Broncos lost the trade? I just said I disagree that this was a freaking fleecing.

Portis had a hell of a run in DC and was critical to the 2 playoff years under Gibbs.

I saw it as a pretty even trade and I saw a lot of articles saying it was a good trade for both teams when it was debated during the 2005-2008 timeframe.

edit: also if you want to mock my eye test, I have one question only: While champ bailey was with the broncos and portis with the skins, what was the playoff wins count?

I see 1 for champ and 1 for portis

and I am not even trying to be combative, just it seems to always lead to people getting bent out of shape on this board if someone dares be critical of the broncos at all; and this is coming from me a person who really is more critical on the skins and more bullish on what the broncos do organizationally.

CEH
12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
When did I say the Broncos lost the trade? I just said I disagree that this was a freaking fleecing.

Portis had a hell of a run in DC and was critical to the 2 playoff years under Gibbs.

I saw it as a pretty even trade and I saw a lot of articles saying it was a good trade for both teams when it was debated during the 2005-2008 timeframe.

edit: also if you want to mock my eye test, I have one question only: While champ bailey was with the broncos and portis with the skins, what was the playoff wins count?

and I am not even trying to be combative, just it seems to always lead to people getting bent out of shape on this board if someone dares be critical of the broncos at all; and this is coming from me a person who really is more critical on the skins and more bullish on what the broncos do organizationally.

Quick

Name the top 10 defensive players of the last 8 years

Name the top 10 (non QB) offensive players of the last 8 years

Who's name would appear on the list more often. I bet Champ appears on 90% of the lists. Portis would be lucky to appear 10%

Who had a more dramatic effect on the outcome of that one playoff win. Denver stopped NE's record 10 game win playoff win streak and Bailey showed up like the HOF player he is. What did Portis do in his playoff win?

Plus Denver got a 2nd round pick. Yes Denver got the better end of the trade.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 03:37 PM
I personally don't agree, but it is what it is. Moving on.

DenverBound
12-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Quick

Name the top 10 defensive players of the last 8 years

Name the top 10 (non QB) offensive players of the last 8 years

Who's name would appear on the list more often. I bet Champ appears on 90% of the lists. Portis would be lucky to appear 10%

Who had a more dramatic effect on the outcome of that one playoff win. Denver stopped NE's record 10 game win playoff win streak and Bailey showed up like the HOF player he is. What did Portis do in his playoff win?

Plus Denver got a 2nd round pick. Yes Denver got the better end of the trade.

Owned. Give it up Foreskin. You were out played.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Owned. Give it up Foreskin. You were out played.

Im real cool with names I come up with! I'm so awesome.

go back into mom's basement. thanks!

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Now to get this back to a normal, mature conversation.

Bottom line: both players wanted out. I just find it funny how some of you perceived Portis as a God when he was in Denver but when he got traded, he became absolute trash, just because he wanted out.

Both players did not want to be with their original teams. I'm not going to argue who did what, as I said, IMO I believe it was a good trade for both teams but to each his own.

2KBack
12-13-2012, 06:01 PM

Bottom line: both players wanted out. I just find it funny how some of you perceived Portis as a God when he was in Denver but when he got traded, he became absolute trash, just because he wanted out.

Both players did not want to be with their original teams. I'm not going to argue who did what, as I said, IMO I believe it was a good trade for both teams but to each his own.

Were you here when he was traded? He was not that highly praised, he was similarly as polarizing as many of the high profile players that rolled through Denver post Superbowls.

I know I personally didn't love him and thought he was an unnecessary draft pick with Gary and MA on the team.

RedskinBronco
12-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Were you here when he was traded? He was not that highly praised, he was similarly as polarizing as many of the high profile players that rolled through Denver post Superbowls.

I know I personally didn't love him and thought he was an unnecessary draft pick with Gary and MA on the team.

As in OM? I came 2005, but I remember reading all the arguments.

I know not everyone likes Clinton, but from what I know is he was very well liked and everyone loved his WWE celebration after absolutely running all over KC.

Of course, human nature was to trash him after he became disgruntled and labeled Denver as boring or white, I forget the exact words but it was along those lines.

Bottom line is I really don't have a dog in this fight. I love both players. Ironically, I have a Champ skins jersey and I have a Portis Denver jersey. I was merely stating my own personal opinion on the trade. I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything but evidently some people got their panties in a bunch because they were butthurt over the whole separation with clinton. I imagine it's the same as it is with skins fans here who can't stand Champ because he wanted out.

Just my 2 cents. Yet, it seems people want to fight about it and start the name calling.

/rant

Kaylore
12-13-2012, 07:28 PM

Because Portis is a running back and Champ is a corner.

And you can try and pretend the trade was "even" because "they won the same amount of playoff games" but what sort of stupid criterion is that? The rest of the team, their coaches and especially the QB they happen to play with has more to do with their playoff success than their personal ability.

That's like saying Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino because he won a Super Bowl and Marino didn't.

At the time it did seem like a fair trade were it not for the second round pick. Then Gibbs tried to turn Portis into a power back.

Portis put up some decent numbers and was a second string player in 1 pro bowl as the last back up.

Champ Bailey is an 11 time pro bowl player and three time all pro and going into the hall of fame.

It's not even close. The Redskins traded a HOF corner and a second round pick for speed back in the wrong system.

The Redskins were fleeced. Does that mean Portis didn't help the team or play well for them? No. But if I was to do this trade again for a running back, I would need a back like Adrian Peterson to warrant the trade as "even." And no one here was EVER saying it was a fair trade because of the second round pick. Since that time it has played out to be a horrid trade for the Redskins.

jmz313
12-14-2012, 07:11 AM

Portis didn't want out, he wanted to be Paid big money. He averaged 5.5 yds a Carry here. not sure what his average was in DC but i'm sure it was under 5 every year and maybe even in the 3's once or twice. I'm pretty sure also had (and i'm not stat checking here) more TDs in his 2 years on the broncos than any year with DC.

like you, i live in the DC area, all the Skins fans want to feel better about losing out on that deal. Portis brought less to DC than Champ did to Denver. Champ also brought a second round pick with him (there in lies the Fleecing portion). Champ is probably still going to make the pro bowl this year and Clinton Portis is worn out and done.

Kaylore
12-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah I want to go on record and say I never said Portis sucked. I wish we could have kept him somehow because this system was perfect for him.

I am thrilled we got Bailey - he is obviously the player that can play in any system. I never hated Portis or thought he sucked, though. I didn't wish him ill in Washington. I don't think he was all-world, but I think in the right system he could have been one of the better backs of the decade. Instead Gibbs made him gain weight and ran his power/trap scheme form the 80's and completely destroyed what made him good by grinding him into the dust.

I don't know if he would have been a HOF player in a better system, but if he went to a team like the Saints or Philly, he could have been rich man's Brian Westbrook. That would have been awesome.

tesnyde
12-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Seattle just stomped your asses 58 to zip. Wouldn't it be advisable to keep a low profile for a while? Ha!

Low profile kicks when you give up an avg of. 1 pt a minute. He's good.

RedskinBronco
12-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Champ is probably still going to make the pro bowl this year and Clinton Portis is worn out and done.

But isn't that the nature of the beast for the RB position? Guys who play that position don't last long generally.

As for your point about skins fans, all the ones I know were happy with Portis when he was in his prime and producing. When they turned on him was towards the end when he was completely worn out and done like you said and his prima donna ways became an issue.

But when he was in his prime under Gibbs, he was a critical piece to the success of this team. He did everything the coaches asked, including gaining all that weight.

And honestly, he was the best pass blocking RB I have ever seen. I mean the guy just lit up whoever came blitzing the QB

Rock Chalk
12-14-2012, 08:01 AM

I dont give a **** how good Aldon Smith is at DE, my team will have no Missouri trash on it.

Requiem
12-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Clinton Portis would be a HOF player had he stayed with the Broncos. Glad we got Champ tho. Clinton's performance against Kansas City busting out the WWF Belt was priceless. One of my favorite memories.

DENVERDUI55
12-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Even though it is off topic they Bailey Portis trade was a fleecing. Bailey is still producing at a high level and portis who knows what he is doing. Shanny really could of made trade lopsided if he drafted Steven Jackson instead of DJ. Just Bailey for Portis was a big win for Denver then think if he took best RB in the draft which he could of when he fell to Denver.

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 12:11 AM
How did this matchup turnout?

TheReverend
12-20-2012, 09:41 AM
How did this matchup turnout?

"Patrick Peterson wins battle with Calvin Johnson"

http://arizonasports.com/40/1595857/Peterson-wins-battle-with-Calvin-Johnson

Johnson had nothing but praise for Peterson following the contest.

"Good corner," Johnson said. "Good ball skills, overall a good player, man. It's a pleasure to play good players in this league -- because it's some great competition and he's one of the good ones."

baja
12-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Johnson had nothing but praise for Peterson following the contest.

"Good corner," Johnson said. "Good ball skills, overall a good player, man. It's a pleasure to play good players in this league -- because it's some great competition and he's one of the good ones."

There are a lot of "good ones"

Requiem
12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Are we seriously going to play semantics to try and bust Rev's balls?

Kaylore
12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
"Patrick Peterson wins battle with Calvin Johnson"

http://arizonasports.com/40/1595857/Peterson-wins-battle-with-Calvin-Johnson

:rofl: 10 receptions for 121 yards later....

baja
12-20-2012, 10:06 AM

Pointing out Johnson chose the word "good" (twice) and not great is not semantics it is a valid point.

Rev using the quote to support his argument Peterson is a top corner is not supported in the quote. You can be your ass Rev would jump on that if it were someone else using that quote to support the greatness of Patrick Peterson

TheReverend
:rofl: 10 receptions for 121 yards later....

Quite a bit of that against Gay and Rhodes, but good work glancing at a box score :thumbs:.

DENVERDUI55

I was seriously wondering. I didn't are anything on the game other than some pick 6 s on sportscenter by stafford. The 5 or 6 catches when talking about breaking rices record were on PP. CJ had big game and PP had an INT.

TheReverend
12-20-2012, 10:21 AM
I was seriously wondering. I didn't are anything on the game other than some pick 6 s on sportscenter by stafford. The 5 or 6 catches when talking about breaking rices record were on PP. CJ had big game and PP had an INT.

There was a 30 yard catch by CJ in the 4thQ when the game was pretty out of reach and that coverage got looser to prevent the over-the-top plays, but otherwise it was pretty lopside with Calvin only managing to get a few "short right" bubble screens to get the ball in his hands, and a big pick by Peterson on a ball intended for Calvin.

Here's a play-by-play breakdown:

1Q

2-3-DET 16 (9:22) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete deep right to 81-C.Johnson (21-P.Peterson, 28-G.Toler).
1-10-DET 20 (5:38) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to 81-C.Johnson.
3-10-DET 20 (4:50) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to 81-C.Johnson (25-K.Rhodes).
1-10-DET 27 (2:55) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson to DET 34 for 7 yards (21-P.Peterson). (<--bubble screen)
1-10-DET 39 (1:39) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 49 for 12 yards (22-W.Gay).

2Q

2-4-ARI 24 (13:50) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete deep left to 81-C.Johnson [90-D.Dockett].
1-10-ARI 12 (13:37) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 1 for 11 yards (49-R.Johnson).
1-10-DET 26 (9:09) 71-R.Reiff reported in as eligible. 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson pushed ob at DET 35 for 9 yards (21-P.Peterson) (<--bubble screen)
1-15-DET 2 (4:10) 9-M.Stafford pass deep right intended for 81-C.Johnson INTERCEPTED by 21-P.Peterson at DET 34. 21-P.Peterson to DET 3 for 31 yards (81-C.Johnson).

3Q
2-6-DET 24 (14:22) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to DET 29 for 5 yards (21-P.Peterson).(<--bubble screen)
2-8-DET 22 (8:42) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to 81-C.Johnson (93-C.Campbell).
3-8-DET 22 (8:37) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to DET 31 for 9 yards (22-W.Gay).
3-1-ARI 46 (5:54) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 22 for 24 yards (28-G.Toler).

4Q
1-10-DET 13 (9:26) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass deep right to 81-C.Johnson pushed ob at DET 43 for 30 yards (21-P.Peterson).
1-10-ARI 47 (8:18) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 41 for 6 yards (21-P.Peterson).(<--bubble screen)
2-1-DET 29 (4:41) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson to DET 37 for 8 yards (58-D.Washington).
2-10-DET 37 (4:10) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete deep right to 81-C.Johnson [56-R.Walker].

Mediator12
12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
The thing about PP is he is the most talented CB in the league right now, without Revis being available. He has all the tools and all the ability in the world.

The thing that has always gotten me about him, is he is not consistent enough play to play to say he is the best CB in the league right now. He seriously needs some ADD meds or something because he plays lights out for like 75% of the plays and then the other 25% he looks average. I would not say he takes plays off, he just is not mentally sharp every play or hungry to make a play every play.

He is definitely a top 5 cover guy when he is on, but why is he not more consistent? Why is he mentally not tougher?

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 11:34 AM
The thing about PP is he is the most talented CB in the league right now, without Revis being available. He has all the tools and all the ability in the world.

The thing that has always gotten me about him, is he is not consistent enough play to play to say he is the best CB in the league right now. He seriously needs some ADD meds or something because he plays lights out for like 75% of the plays and then the other 25% he looks average. I would not say he takes plays off, he just is not mentally sharp every play or hungry to make a play every play.

He is definitely a top 5 cover guy when he is on, but why is he not more consistent? Why is he mentally not tougher?

The 25% of the plays they weren't his fault MED. :poke: On a side note some people say the Broncos would be better off with Peterson than Miller on defense even today. What do you think of that? He is good but he isn't Watt, Miller or Smith type of effect on a defense in my opinion.

Mountain Bronco
12-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I am a big fan of PP, and he is one of the best, but I would take Miller hands down over PP. The pass rush is so important, more so than the cover guys. This defense doesn't have the same look without Miller.

Kaylore
12-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Quite a bit of that against Gay and Rhodes, but good work glancing at a box score :thumbs:.

Why do you hate Von Miller so much? :wiggle:

DomCasual
12-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Their basis for comparison on CB trades is skewed. They see Champ going to Pro Bowls every year; and they can hardly remember a guy named Clinton Portis. Deep down inside, they are hoping that the karma gods will someday even things out.

CEH
12-20-2012, 02:03 PM

This is what was so impressive about Bailey . He'd go games without being thrown at. Each play he is in the game. Always in the moment. When you aren't thrown , it's human nature to be a little disinterested. Not Champ. Not when he was at his best

DENVERDUI55
01-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Michael Crabtree wishes he could play against Patrick Peterson every week. He scored 4 tds and a bunch of yards this year on him and absolutely destroyed him week 17. Sure PP gets a pass since the cardinals threw the towel in months ago but it was just too bad he had no SF WR to showcase his skills.
:poke:

TheReverend
01-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Michael Crabtree wishes he could play against Patrick Peterson every week. He scored 4 tds and a bunch of yards this year on him and absolutely destroyed him week 17. Sure PP gets a pass since the cardinals threw the towel in months ago but it was just too bad he had no SF WR to showcase his skills.

So how many dicks can you fit in your mouth at once?

TheReverend
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Are you saying PP didn't get destroyed by Crabtree?

Was just trolling you back.

Actually didn't see this game at all. Was in the mountains in Georgia and have only cared to check out the Broncos game that I missed.

DENVERDUI55
01-03-2013, 12:24 PM
So how many ***** can you fit in your mouth at once?

You win not going to even argue with that you got me beat but it would probably be 20 plus if they were your size. With Shanahan, PP, Janoris Jenkins, Marshall, and Cutler sticking it in your ass all I can say is your airtight now.

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
You win not going to even argue with that you got me beat but it would probably be 20 plus if they were your size. With Shanahan, PP, Janoris Jenkins, Marshall, and Cutler sticking it in your ass all I can say is your airtight now.

Here ya go, bro. I did all the work for ya:

https://orders.hookedonphonics.com/Learn-To-Read.aspx?vc=WPG1&pc=SWPGCI&gclid=CLvVw7D1zLQCFQ3nnAodlm4ABA

DENVERDUI55
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Here ya go, bro. I did all the work for ya:

https://orders.hookedonphonics.com/Learn-To-Read.aspx?vc=WPG1&pc=SWPGCI&gclid=CLvVw7D1zLQCFQ3nnAodlm4ABA

That's about the 3rd thing you always say.

TonyR
06-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Bucky Brooks says Richard Sherman "far superior" to Patrick Peterson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210484/article/richard-sherman-vs-patrick-peterson-superior-nfl-cornerback

TheReverend
06-11-2013, 08:01 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210484/article/richard-sherman-vs-patrick-peterson-superior-nfl-cornerback

I love Sherman and his physical play, but when they start throwing illegal contact flags at him they're going to be an avalanche.

Tombstone RJ
06-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Brooks says Sherman is "far superior" to Peterson. Really? Hilarious!

TheReverend
06-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Brooks says Sherman is "far superior" to Peterson. Really? Hilarious!

I think it's going to be an interesting year to watch CB play between him, Peterson and Revis' return. Not to mention can Cromartie play at the same level as last year? Does Alford beat out Trufant (Falcons really stole two amazing cover guys in the draft)? Does DRC take a huge leap with Von pressure?

Lots of fun questions that I look forward to seeing unfold.

Tombstone RJ
06-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I think it's going to be an interesting year to watch CB play between him, Peterson and Revis' return. Not to mention can Cromartie play at the same level as last year? Does Alford beat out Trufant (Falcons really stole two amazing cover guys in the draft)? Does DRC take a huge leap with Von pressure?

Lots of fun questions that I look forward to seeing unfold.

I get that Brooks likes Sherman more than Peterson as of right now. This is what his article is demonstrating, ok fine. But to say that Sherman is far superior is simply not true. Also, Peterson's special teams ability absolutely has to factor into the overall equation.

DBroncos4life
06-11-2013, 09:29 AM

I think Sherman uses more PEDs then Peterson so its really not a fair argument.

TonyR
06-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Does DRC take a huge leap with Von pressure?

This would be sweet! He's definitely got the ability.

ZONA
06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
I think DRC will rebound big time. Philly just sucked that bad and guys were wanting to jump ship and it's hard to play like that. I think he'll be much more motivated here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if this Boldin kid pans out. We took him in the 4th but many said he should have been a 2nd rounder but his injury made him slide back. We'll see if a year in the NFL has done something for him. I sure hope so.

CEH
06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
DRC is on a one year impress me type contract. I think he will rock it this year. Philly is where CBs go to die.

SportinOne
06-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I don't understand the Patrick Peterson stuff. If anyone thinks we should have drafted him over Von Miller they are crazy, pure and simple. If we had already had a great pass rush, sure, draft an awesome corner. Since we didn't at the time, unless he's Deion Sanders in his prime right out of the gate, it's not worth it.

And Rev, that's an excellent play by PP in that GIF but jesus don't compare THAT to Champs toe on the sidelines INT against the Saints.

And Redskin Bronco, I hear you on the notion that Portis was an integral part of your two playoff years but it's not like you guys made it very far. In my opinion, it was a shortsighted move for the Redskins, like putting a turbo charger on one of those 2001 Chevy Cavaliers that some kids tried to pass of as A. fast, and B. cool. For the Broncos, it was very smart. We knew we didn't need Portis to have a run game, and the guy we traded for is STILL a Pro Bowler ten years after the trade and will go into Canton in Bronco Orange and Blue.

One thing that's also been overlooked is Tatum Bell. He also had a couple very good years for us and one went all the way to the AFC Championship game. It's not like Portis was a bust, and he was very good for you guys for a stretch, but the trade was so good for the Broncos that I think many people would call it lopsided.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2014, 09:48 AM
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/26808862/cardinals-peterson-says-he-expects-to-play-better

Hard to call a guy that has given up double digit TD's last year and 5 games this year the best.

Doug And Wolf Arizona Sports Radio Hosts Nearly C…: http://youtu.be/02AIAYDIwVs

This is comical. Almost a fist fight on air over Raiders by Cardinal radio guys.

Shananahan
10-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Med called it.

KCStud
10-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Revis has played terrible this year too. Sherm also got beat by Dez Bryant on multiple occasions.

Orlando Scandrick is a guy who has played really well this year. He was fantastic a Seattle.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Revis has played terrible this year too. Sherm also got beat by Dez Bryant on multiple occasions.

Orlando Scandrick is a guy who has played really well this year. He was fantastic a Seattle.

Dez had 4 catches on double digit targets. You guys saw the 25 yard catch and assume he owned him all game. Sherman played Dez as good as you could ask.

TheReverend
10-17-2014, 10:49 AM
DenverDUI - Doing whatever it takes to try and bash Peterson since registering.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2014, 10:53 AM
DenverDUI - Doing whatever it takes to try and bash Peterson since registering.

He makes it easy that is for sure as Julius says. It would be hard to find a CB that has given up as many TD as PP over the past 2 years.

TheReverend
10-17-2014, 10:55 AM
He makes it easy that is for sure.

Yeah, totally:

Pro bowl every year.
2 first team all-pros.
Most people call him the best in the game.

...But give up a TD pass because you're on an island and DenverDUI gets a boner and rushes to the OM to bump multiple year old threads.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah, totally:

Pro bowl every year.
2 first team all-pros.
Most people call him the best in the game.

...But give up a TD pass because you're on an island and DenverDUI gets a boner and rushes to the OM to bump multiple year old threads.

5 TD's in 5 games with several long TD's. Your GM and coach calling you out publicly. I agree he is the most talented CB in the game but the talent doesn't equal production. 13 TD's allowed over the last 2 seasons. Show me another CB that has allowed that and is still starting.

REV has to make excuses for this guy. I am just waiting for him to say yeah he was burnt. It is always he plays on an island, it wasn't his job, perfect coverage except a good throw, some other excuse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/17/after-signing-huge-contract-patrick-peterson-coming-up-short/

KCStud
10-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Dez had 4 catches on double digit targets. You guys saw the 25 yard catch and assume he owned him all game. Sherman played Dez as good as you could ask.

Sherm is vastly overrated man. Must be hard when teams are nervous about throwing to the middle of the field because Kam Chancellor is the best SS in the NFL and then he has the best FS ballhawk in the NFL to help.

Kam is the key to the legion of Boom. He can do everything. You can't say that about Earl Thomas or Sherm.

TheReverend
10-17-2014, 11:16 AM
5 TD's in 5 games with several long TD's. Your GM and coach calling you out publicly. I agree he is the most talented CB in the game but the talent doesn't equal production. 13 TD's allowed over the last 2 seasons. Show me another CB that has allowed that and is still starting.

REV has to make excuses for this guy. I am just waiting for him to say yeah he was burnt. It is always he plays on an island, it wasn't his job, perfect coverage except a good throw, some other excuse.

Uhhhh, I don't make any excuses for him.

You do a lot of lying about him, for some reason.

You also go to great lengths to make up excuses for Richard Sherman. Just scroll up. Or find ANY discussion about Sherman and there you are.

You're not the worth the time. Good luck with your bashing of the NFL's best. Not like it's made you look stupid for 3 years running or anything. Ha!

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Uhhhh, I don't make any excuses for him.

You do a lot of lying about him, for some reason.

You also go to great lengths to make up excuses for Richard Sherman. Just scroll up. Or find ANY discussion about Sherman and there you are.

You're not the worth the time. Good luck with your bashing of the NFL's best. Not like it's made you look stupid for 3 years running or anything. Ha!

As I have asked multiple times show me where I lied? You got everything in your archives saved. You are the one who can't provide proof of what I said. I'll ask again show me a CB who has given up as many TD as your fathead on your wall? Sherman has given up how many TD this year?

Punisher
10-17-2014, 11:33 AM

This End Thread

SportinOne
10-17-2014, 01:15 PM
No no, not end thread. We can turn this into something constructive.

Is Sherman (or Peterson) a better CB1 than Carter is a CB5?

or how about this:

Is Sherman (or Peterson) better than the average CB1 at a ratio that is greater than or less than the ratio at which Carter is better than the average CB5?

That's your big boy

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8f48/zo8yrrlj2fb3lc1fg.jpg

LikeABoss5820
10-17-2014, 03:35 PM
PP is very good but he gives up WAY too many big plays to be considered the best.

Revis has had some good games (Cin/Buf), and some bad ones (NYJ, KC, Mia)

Sherman has lots of safety help from Kam/Earl.

And that leaves, Harris????

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2014, 04:03 PM
PP is very atheltic with the best skills but Looks like TARZAN and plays like Jane to be considered the best.

Revis has had some good games (Cin/Buf), and some bad ones (NYJ, KC, Mia)

Sherman has lots of safety help from Kam/Earl.

And that leaves, Harris????

FYP

errand
10-17-2014, 07:58 PM
I think Chris Harris has been just as good as any other CB, given the fact he has been moved from inside to out and back....

broncosteven
10-17-2014, 08:40 PM
I didn't read the whole thread but wasn't Peterson on Sanders and didn't Sanders have 100 yards by the start of the 2nd quarter?

Wasn't that the game Manning set his career passing yardage mark in?

Meanwhile Von is literally making a huge impact in the game by knocking the Cards QB out of the game.

It is tough to be a CB with the way the game is called and the rules are set now, Champ was the last shutdown CB. I don't watch a ton of Cardinals games but from what I have seen I haven't been that impressed. It is almost as if the dude has hit his ceiling.

errand
10-17-2014, 10:23 PM
I recall that time Rev claimed it was too bad the 49ers didn't have WR's good enough to showcase Peterson's talents, and the 49er WR's Peterson was on scored like 3-4 TDs against him....

Credibility -0

MamaMia
10-17-2014, 11:01 PM
As much as I like Ward as a thumper in run support, and as much I think Rahim Moore is undervalued by some, Harris has far less safety help in coverage than Sherman does and that's a huge understatement. I'm not sure about Arizona's safeties.

maven
10-17-2014, 11:15 PM
PP gets burned a lot for being considered a shutdown QB.

I'm glad Denver drafted Von Miller over him.

Br0nc0Buster
10-17-2014, 11:20 PM
I would take Von over any defensive player except Watt, but I think Peterson is still probably the best CB in the league

I am curious though if Rev or Med or anyone has any idea why Arians decided to put Cromartie on Demaryrious and not Peterson

For all the credit we gave Arians that was an awful move on his part

I assumed Peterson always locked on the other team's number one, but apparently that is not the case

Action
10-18-2014, 12:04 AM
I would take Von over any defensive player except Watt, but I think Peterson is still probably the best CB in the league

I am curious though if Rev or Med or anyone has any idea why Arians decided to put Cromartie on Demaryrious and not Peterson

I assumed Peterson always locked on the other team's number one, but apparently that is not the case

Probably because Demaryius was playing like **** and Sanders was our best WR to that point...

Regardless, Sanders had 7 receptions for 101 yards.

TomServo
10-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Modern day cornerbacks are worse than modern day wide receivers.
Gimme Louis Wright at corner over that clown deion sanders Any Day. and Twice on sundays

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2014, 08:39 AM

I'd guess because Cromartie doesn't have the wheels to stay with Sanders. He didn't have the wheels for Thomas either. Sanders is the type of WR that Peterson and his sloppy/lazy technique struggle with though.

LikeABoss5820
10-18-2014, 09:05 AM
FYP

Thats not true, he almost never has much safety help and the Cards pass rush is freaking awful.

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Thats not true, he almost never has much safety help and the Cards pass rush is freaking awful.

Doesn't change the face he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. Powers has been great this year and the honey badger is no slouch. As his GM and coach said he needs to live up to his contract and supposed reputation. What CB would have a job giving up 13 TD's in the last 21 games?

TheReverend
10-18-2014, 09:19 AM
The special blend of hyperbole and bull**** flowing in this thread is hysterical.

Keep up the good work.

TheReverend
10-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Patrick Peterson gave up 18 TDs last week and now the Cardinals have him on the block for a conditional 7th like anyone would be dumb enough to pull the trigger.

LikeABoss5820
10-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Rev, can you even admit for the so called best CB in football hands down he gets beat way too much?

TheReverend
10-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Rev, can you even admit for the so called best CB in football hands down he gets beat way too much?

I think the exact opposite is exactly why he's the "so called" best CB in football...

LikeABoss5820
10-18-2014, 10:46 AM
I think the exact opposite is exactly why he's the "so called" best CB in football...

He's not the best CB in the league.

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2014, 03:01 PM

He is because REV says so and that is all you need to know. REV's opinion > the gospel. You know REV read your post 1 minute after you posted it but is dodging the question. If 5 TD allowed in 5 games this year is the best in the league can you imagine the worst CB. That isn't even taking into account PI penalties that put the ball on the 1 for cheap TD's.

TheReverend
10-18-2014, 04:12 PM
He is because REV says so and that is all you need to know. REV's opinion > the gospel. You know REV read your post 1 minute after you posted it but is dodging the question. If 5 TD allowed in 5 games this year is the best in the league can you imagine the worst CB. That isn't even taking into account PI penalties that put the ball on the 1 for cheap TD's.

Find the question in this post:

I'm dodging the invisible question! Ha!

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm dodging the invisible question! Ha!

It wasn't in that post.

OK REV tell us how dumb and too stupid we are to realize all those PI's, TD's and big plays your PP has given up are actually great plays for AZ. Tell us why you think that your PP is the best CB in the league despite giving up all those big plays.

After you do that I will ask you AGAIN to show the lies I have made up that you keep mentioning.

TheReverend
10-18-2014, 06:03 PM
OK REV tell us how dumb and too stupid we are to realize all those PI's, TD's and big plays your PP has given up are actually great plays for AZ. Tell us why you think that your PP is the best CB in the league despite giving up all those big plays.

After you do that I will ask you AGAIN to show the lies I have made up that you keep mentioning.

No, by all means, continue your completely rational week 6 tirade.

KipCorrington25
10-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Has what's his name in Seattle thrown a hissy fit on twatter about this yet? I'm sure ESPN has the coverage.

Broncobiv
10-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Has what's his name in Seattle thrown a hissy fit on twatter about this yet? I'm sure ESPN has the coverage.

The quote and this subsequent thread were originally from December 2012.

broncosteven
10-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Modern day cornerbacks are worse than modern day wide receivers.
Gimme Louis Wright at corner over that clown deion sanders Any Day. and Twice on sundays

Modern Day WR's are much better than the old days. The catches they are making these days are awesome but they don't have to worry about getting creamed going over the middle of the field or being defenseless when going up like the old school dudes had to.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2014, 10:08 AM
No, by all means, continue your completely rational week 6 tirade.

I see taking the same approach as when you were asked to provide proof when you claimed Peyton told Arizona he wanted to play for them. Everyone can see through your BS when making accusations that you can't prove.

TheReverend
10-19-2014, 10:41 AM
I see taking the same approach as when you were asked to provide proof when you claimed Peyton told Arizona he wanted to play for them. Everyone can see through your BS when making accusations that you can't prove.

Holy ****ing **** dude.

I answered him earlier. I'll ****ing say it again: His accolades and contract run quite contrary to his and certainly your freakishly absurd posts.

If you're STILL asking why I won't freak out at week 6 after one big TD catch by DeSean Jackson, well that just shows how ****ing laughable your football takes are and why you continually look retarded.

Stop obsessing over me and leave me alone. I've tried several times to just stop posting replies to you and you prattle on like a little girl begging for my attention and bump several year old threads to whatever fits your narrative THAT week.

It's sad and disturbing.

You're a disturbing person.

Not even kidding. Go away (not from the OM, idgaf about you, just go away from me--reasonable request, one would think but you just refuse).

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Holy ****ing **** dude.

I answered him earlier. I'll ****ing say it again: His accolades and contract run quite contrary to his and certainly your freakishly absurd posts.

If you're STILL asking why I won't freak out at week 6 after one big TD catch by DeSean Jackson, well that just shows how ****ing laughable your football takes are and why you continually look retarded.

Stop obsessing over me and leave me alone. I've tried several times to just stop posting replies to you and you prattle on like a little girl begging for my attention and bump several year old threads to whatever fits your narrative THAT week.

It's sad and disturbing.

You're a disturbing person.

Not even kidding. Go away (not from the OM, idgaf about you, just go away from me--reasonable request, one would think but you just refuse).

You are the one who mentioned me before I mentioned you. Please just show me where I lied since you claim I made a bunch of lies in the past. I have asked you multiple times to show me. The proof is in the posts and we all know you would of posted then already. You are the freaking liar just like your absurd defense of Peterson.

TheReverend
10-19-2014, 10:51 AM
You are the one who mentioned me before I mentioned you. Please just show me where I lied since you claim I made a bunch of lies in the past. I have asked you multiple times to show me. The proof is in the posts and we all know you would of posted then already. You are the freaking liar just like your absurd defense of Peterson.

Absurd? He's accomplished everything I said he would predraft ALREADY.

You're the one obsessing about this years later. I barely even ****ing post anymore, yet when I log in you're still thumping some creepy ****ing drum about me in every goddamn thread I open.

Just stop.

STOP.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-19-2014, 10:53 AM
http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/79/590x/secondary/41507.jpg

TheReverend
10-19-2014, 10:55 AM
No ****ing ****, right?

It's been YEARS now that I've had multiple page long "discussions" where I've asked him to stop following me like a goddamn puppy everywhere but he can't... it's even far creepier since I rarely log in and when I do he's bumped multiple year old threads on an almost daily basis.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Absurd? He's accomplished everything I said he would predraft ALREADY.

You're the one obsessing about this years later. I barely even ****ing post anymore, yet when I log in you're still thumping some creepy ****ing drum about me in every goddamn thread I open.

Just stop.

STOP.
No you are a joke. Yous respond within min if I ever post anything about your boy. Please show me my lies. You can't because you are the freaking joke.

It's not like I'm the only one that you have had issues with. It is multiple posters and you say the same shirt to all of them.

Jason7730
10-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm glad we drafted Von Miller! :strong:

TheReverend
10-19-2014, 11:08 AM
No you are a joke. Yous respond within min if I ever post anything about your boy. Please show me my lies. You can't because you are the freaking joke.

It's not like I'm the only one that you have had issues with. It is multiple posters and you say the same shirt to all of them.

That's the thing dude, I have. Multiple times.

I'll say this ONE MORE TIME: I'm going to drop this conversation. PLEASE stop following me.

TheReverend
10-19-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm glad we drafted Von Miller! :strong:

Obviously DenverDUI55 agrees:

I sure wish we had drafted Peterson now. If that was the case Holiday could be shown the door too. Denver probably would of pushed harder for Allen and got a better fax machine.

But now that the narrative switches for a week, he's bumping old threads! Ha!

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Obviously DenverDUI55 agrees:

But now that the narrative switches for a week, he's bumping old threads! Ha!

Why is that a lie? It's OK REV if you change your mind about something too. If you read further you will see that I said it was because of Von's behavior and longevity of the CB position. I love how you like to say PP is 2 time all pro but it was only once for CB. Peterson is a good player he just isn't the best. The best doesn't give up 13 TD in 2 years.

OOJack
10-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Anyone who thinks Peterson is best CB in the league thus far is an idiot. Anyone who thinks we should have drafted Peterson over Miller is a ****ing idiot.

LongDongJohnson
10-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Champ is still better than peterson

errand
10-19-2014, 01:49 PM

Nope

errand
10-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Anyone who thinks Peterson is best CB in the league thus far is an idiot. Anyone who thinks we should have drafted Peterson over Miller is a ****ing idiot.

OOJack meet The Reverend.....

TheReverend
10-19-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure why some are acting like this is some crazy thing outside of twisting a situation to try and take a weird shot at me.

Peterson being the best is a pretty popular opinion around the NFL. From Deion to Kirwan, a ton of people feel exactly the same way and since entering the league he's always been at least in the discussion with the other primary names, Sherman and Revis. So whatever knee-jerk point you guys are trying to make bumping a several year old thread about a player in a difference conference in week 6, it's pretty silly.

I greatly look forward to seeing more made up stats though!

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2014, 02:42 PM
So whatever knee-jerk point you guys are trying to make bumping a several year old thread about a player in a difference conference in week 6, it's pretty silly.

I greatly look forward to seeing more made up stats though!

If you weren't such a narcissistic pud you would realize the thread was bumped when his GM and coaches called him out this week. Please tell us the made up stats too. You need to look up what lying is Mr smarty pants.

TheReverend
10-19-2014, 02:57 PM
If you weren't such a narcissistic pud you would realize the thread was bumped when his GM and coaches called him out this week. Please tell us the made up stats too. You need to look up what lying is Mr smarty pants.

That's what "fitting your narrative" means you goddamn retard Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Note you didn't bump it when he became the highest paid corner in the NFL or named to every pro bowl or his all-pros or when people rank him as the top corner...

Requiem
10-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Seems like certain people forget that PP earned his first Pro-Bowl and All-Pro status because of what he did in the return game as a rookie, not for the 60% completion rate quarterbacks had on him as a rookie and allowing almost 900 yards in coverage, 3rd worst in the NFL.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2014, 03:12 PM
That's what "fitting your narrative" means you goddamn retard Ha! Ha! Ha! ...

Yes I know what it means. I have never called him the best but you act like I think he is garbage. Fitting the narrative is when you claim he has 2 all pro selections at CB. Who is the best is a matter of opinion but it isn't the guy who has given up as many TD as Peterson.

LOL as I type that there is another down field penalty on the BEST.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Seems like certain people forget that PP earned his first Pro-Bowl and All-Pro status because of what he did in the return game as a rookie, not for the 60% completion rate quarterbacks had on him as a rookie and allowing almost 900 yards in coverage, 3rd worst in the NFL.

Only one guy and he always likes to mention 2 time all pro like it was at CB.

Look who leads the league in PI and holding penalty's.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?yr=2014

DENVERDUI55
12-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Ouch and more fitting in this thread. Arians wasn't amused yesterday. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000437282/article/bruce-arians-to-patrick-peterson-back-up-trash-talking

24champ
12-01-2014, 11:56 PM
The guy shut down megatron a couple weeks back. I'd take Peterson over Talib any day.

Agamemnon
12-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Chris Harris is better.

jmz313
12-02-2014, 06:40 AM
The guy shut down megatron a couple weeks back. I'd take Peterson over Talib any day.

An injured Megatron. But, i would also take Peterson over Talib.

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Ouch and more fitting in this thread. Arians wasn't amused yesterday. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000437282/article/bruce-arians-to-patrick-peterson-back-up-trash-talking

I don't know of any poster on the board with a clearer agenda regarding a player on another team than you, and it's incredibly weird.

As I mentioned, of course you didn't bump this thread during any of this previous four game stretch:

Cowboys: Dez Bryant - 0 catches until final garbage time drive
St Louis: Shut down performance including 2 picks a TD
Detroit: Calvin Johnson held to very low production
Seattle: Another shut down performance

Your axe to grind is predictable and sad.

Guess Who
12-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Who that used to say the Broncos made a huge mistake by taking Miller over Peterson.... I mean he would say this ALL THE TIME, IN EVERY THREAD for awhile?

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2014, 07:43 AM
I don't know of any poster on the board with a clearer agenda regarding a player on another team than you, and it's incredibly weird.

As I mentioned, of course you didn't bump this thread during any of this previous four game stretch:

Cowboys: Dez Bryant - 0 catches until final garbage time drive
St Louis: Shut down performance including 2 picks a TD
Detroit: Calvin Johnson held to very low production
Seattle: Another shut down performance

Your axe to grind is predictable and sad.

I said he played lights out the past few weeks. Let's be honest though Bryant was shut down by his QB more the your boy. Megatron was on one foot. How about Jeremy Maclin before the Cowboys game? Very similar to Sunday. I didn't bump this thread after Maclin's career day. St Louis was an amazing performance and I didn't watch Seattle game with Denver on at the same time. If you are the best in the league you don't have games multiple times like last Sunday in a year. Arian's calling him out is very fitting to this thread.

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 07:55 AM
I said he played lights out the past few weeks. Let's be honest though Bryant was shut down by his QB more the your boy. Megatron was on one foot. How about Jeremy Maclin before the Cowboys game? Very similar to Sunday. I didn't bump this thread after Maclin's career day. St Louis was an amazing performance and I didn't watch Seattle game with Denver on at the same time. If you are the best in the league you don't have games multiple times like last Sunday in a year. Arian's calling him out is very fitting to this thread.

Here's Maclin's two big play TDs:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Maclin1_zps307f93e1.png

^ One is a screen where Peterson takes on the blocker and forces contain played correctly.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Maclin2_zps3c8b83a1.png

^ The other isn't on him at all.

Once again, you're full of **** and lying to make him look worse on a message board for a team in a different conference...

It's still weird.

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Once again, you're full of **** and lying to make him look worse on a message board for a team in a different conference...

It's still weird.

That is only 70 yards and 2 catches on his 12 catch 187 yard day.

Irish Stout
12-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Holy hell. The only thing worth reading in this bumped thread is Agamemnon's take that Harris Jr. is better. Otherwise, who gives a crap? Von was clearly a great pick for the Broncos and Peterson is clearly a solid CB.

KCStud
12-02-2014, 09:18 AM
I agree with Rev that Peterson is elite. But I can't put him over Revis right now.

LetsGoBroncos
12-02-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm with you DenverDUI. Cardinals suck. Hate em, glad the clock finally struck midnight. Go back and look at every game....they could literally be 0-12. Every single game was winnable by the other team in the fourth quarter.

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 09:48 AM
That is only 70 yards and 2 catches on his 12 catch 187 yard day.

Oh for ****s sake... I just showed screen shots of you being full of **** (this is what, the 10th time you've been caught lying about this exact subject?) and your reply is "Oh it was the other ones that I have no evidence of and probably didnt even watch!"

Gtfo kid

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 09:49 AM
I agree with Rev that Peterson is elite. But I can't put him over Revis right now.

I think that's fair. Revis got worked against the Pack a few times this week but he's put together one of his better seasons.

Agamemnon
12-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I think that's fair. Revis got worked against the Pack a few times this week but he's put together one of his better seasons.

Chris Harris is better than Revis.

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Oh for ****s sake... I just showed screen shots of you being full of **** (this is what, the 10th time you've been caught lying about this exact subject?) and your reply is "Oh it was the other ones that I have no evidence of and probably didnt even watch!"

Gtfo kid

I have asked you multiple times to show proof and you never can. You cherry picked to plays that were on the highlights because you know the other 10 catches don't fit your argument. Hey I'm just pointing out his coach is calling him out. He has had a several AWFUL games this year and a couple great games that is all. He has also given up a lot of TD's and had a ton of penalty's that is all.

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 10:00 AM
More of Maclin's career day "against Peterson" (which as it turns out, wasn't against Peterson at all and DenverDUI is caught in ANOTHER lie):

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Maclin3_zps0367d8f4.png

^ hole in zone

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Maclin4_zpsad39aa38.png

^ cover 2 seam

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Maclin6_zps7f186697.png

^ another deep catch vs Powers

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/Maclin5_zps8a8cc9f9.png

^ still not vs Peterson...

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I have asked you multiple times to show proof and you never can. You cherry picked to plays that were on the highlights because you know the other 10 catches don't fit your argument. Hey I'm just pointing out his coach is calling him out. He has had a several AWFUL games this year and a couple great games that is all. He has also given up a lot of TD's and had a ton of penalty's that is all.

See above Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2014, 10:11 AM
See above Hilarious!

All I was doing was wasting your time and I am glad you wasted your time googling etc. You could of easily said he didn't really play in that game because he got knocked the **** out if you really knew anything about that game. This whole argument just proves you defend him blindly and then hope you are right. There isn't a more overrated CB than Peterson. Maclin had 5 for 55 drawing one penalty before PP was knocked out.

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 10:13 AM
All I was doing was wasting your timeand I am glad you wasted your time googling etc. You could of easily said he didn't really play in that game because he got knocked the **** out if you really knew anything about that game. This whole argument just proves you defend him blindly and then hope you are right. There isn't a more overrated CB than Peterson. He had 5 for 55 drawing one penalty before being knocked out.

Is your favorite band the Spin Doctors?

Sad piece of **** gets caught in another lie, spins it to "I was just wasting your time".

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Is your favorite band the Spin Doctors?

Sad piece of **** gets caught in another lie, spins it to "I was just wasting your time".

Nope just proving you don't actually watch him play other than highlights and boxscores. Totally off subject but have you figured out IP addresses and what poster I had to of been in the past?

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Nope just proving you don't actually watch him play other than highlights and boxscores. Totally off subject but have you figured out IP addresses and what poster I had to of been in the past?

1. Actually I think it proves that's exactly what you do... Reference your "Maclin career day" post

2. I'm also not the one making false claims

3. I'm also not the one bumping this thread

LetsGoBroncos
12-02-2014, 10:33 AM
All I was doing was wasting your time and I am glad you wasted your time googling etc. You could of easily said he didn't really play in that game because he got knocked the **** out if you really knew anything about that game. This whole argument just proves you defend him blindly and then hope you are right. There isn't a more overrated CB than Peterson. Maclin had 5 for 55 drawing one penalty before PP was knocked out.

100% correct.

TonyR
12-02-2014, 10:39 AM
It was a rough week all around for Arizona. Turnovers cost them, they had flubs on special teams, and Steven Jackson turned in the first 100-yard rushing game against the Cardinals all season. But no one had a worse afternoon than Peterson.

Julio Jones had a monster day — 10 catches for 189 yards and a touchdown — just a few days after Peterson brought up besting Jones during their LSU-Alabama showdowns. It was mostly harmless, but Peterson’s talk and Jones’s response are indicative of exactly what the Cardinals can’t afford down the stretch. Peterson was paid like the best cornerback in football this offseason because in many ways that’s what he’d been. Arizona had the league’s best DVOA against no. 1 receivers last year, with Peterson spending most of his time shadowing the other team’s best option. There’s been a slight drop-off this year— the Cardinals were eighth before yesterday — but for the most part, Arizona has done well slowing down what other passing offenses do best.http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-week-13-winners-and-losers/

Guess Who
12-02-2014, 10:48 AM

He hasn't been elite this year.

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2014, 10:56 AM
1. Actually I think it proves that's exactly what you do... Reference your "Maclin career day" post

2. I'm also not the one making false claims

3. I'm also not the one bumping this thread

I just proved that is what you do. I actually go to cardinal games when the Broncos aren't playing at late games. I hear all the sports talk all week every week. REV genius in boxscores, GIFs, and blind homerism.

Guess Who
12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Patrick Peterson

It was a rough week all around for Arizona. Turnovers cost them, they had flubs on special teams, and Steven Jackson turned in the first 100-yard rushing game against the Cardinals all season. But no one had a worse afternoon than Peterson.

Julio Jones had a monster day — 10 catches for 189 yards and a touchdown — just a few days after Peterson brought up besting Jones during their LSU-Alabama showdowns. It was mostly harmless, but Peterson’s talk and Jones’s response are indicative of exactly what the Cardinals can’t afford down the stretch. Peterson was paid like the best cornerback in football this offseason because in many ways that’s what he’d been. Arizona had the league’s best DVOA against no. 1 receivers last year, with Peterson spending most of his time shadowing the other team’s best option. There’s been a slight drop-off this year— the Cardinals were eighth before yesterday — but for the most part, Arizona has done well slowing down what other passing offenses do best.

With Carson Palmer hurt and the run game DOA, the Cardinals defense is going to have to carry them to the playoffs. But if Arizona starts falling off in the places where it’s usually among the league’s best, there’s a chance it could go from chasing the no. 1 seed to falling out of the postseason entirely.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-week-13-winners-and-losers/

TonyR
12-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Guess Who, look 3 posts up.

Agamemnon
12-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Patrick Peterson

Julio Jones had a monster day — 10 catches for 189 yards and a touchdown — just a few days after Peterson brought up besting Jones during their LSU-Alabama showdowns. It was mostly harmless, but Peterson’s talk and Jones’s response are indicative of exactly what the Cardinals can’t afford down the stretch. Peterson was paid like the best cornerback in football this offseason because in many ways that’s what he’d been. Arizona had the league’s best DVOA against no. 1 receivers last year, with Peterson spending most of his time shadowing the other team’s best option. There’s been a slight drop-off this year— the Cardinals were eighth before yesterday — but for the most part, Arizona has done well slowing down what other passing offenses do best.

With Carson Palmer hurt and the run game DOA, the Cardinals defense is going to have to carry them to the playoffs. But if Arizona starts falling off in the places where it’s usually among the league’s best, there’s a chance it could go from chasing the no. 1 seed to falling out of the postseason entirely.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-week-13-winners-and-losers/

Meanwhile people just don't complete passes against Chris Harris and no one talks about it.

TheReverend
12-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Meanwhile people just don't complete passes against Chris Harris and no one talks about it.

Side note: I think recently there's been a lot of talk about no one talking about it. That strikes me as odd.

More direct note: I hope we can afford to keep him.

Flacko
12-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Side note: I think recently there's been a lot of talk about no one talking about it. That strikes me as odd.

Shhh! Mr Elway doesn't want people to notice Harris Jr.

ZONA
12-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Peterson has been either great or below average in most games. The one thing he's lacked this year is consistency. He'll have a terrific game and then he'll come out and lay an egg in the next.

LikeABoss5820
12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Chris Harris is better than Revis.

He needs to put more seasons like this one.

I just hope we're able to afford Harris after this year.

He's gonna get/want bank.

Agamemnon
12-02-2014, 05:26 PM

Outside of Bronco fans I haven't heard people talking about him or how he isn't talked about. Nationally he's pretty much unknown.