PDA

View Full Version : 1 seed?

TheChamp247
12-11-2012, 02:17 AM
With the Texans losing to New England what does that mean for the Broncos? I think that it vastly narrows our chances for getting the 2 seed, but I also think it significantly opens the door for us to sneak into the 1 seed with only Houston and New England above us for now(Depending on the Ravens game). Here's why, assuming that we win out and finish the season 13-3...

Houston (11-2 Currently the 1 seed)
-Week 15: IND@HOU
-Week 16: MIN@HOU
-Week 17: HOU@IND
Now, Houston needs to lose 2 of these for us to have a shot. Long, but still possible. The Colts are surprisingly good, granted they are having to come back from large deficits. Still, with a rookie QB this late in the season, that's impressive. I can see them losing 2 of these.

New England: (10-3 Currently 2 seed)
-Week 15: SF@NE
-Week 16: NE@JAX
-Week 17: MIA@NE
New England has a much more favorable schedule, most notably the 2 home games in December where I believe that Tom Brady is now 23-1? For us though, they only need to lose one of these games. We'll just have to see if tonight was a fluke or not. With how they have been playing the previous few weeks, I can see them losing to either San Francisco, or possibly a trap game against Miami who often plays New England well.

I think our possibilities of the 2 seed shrunk dramatically, especially with the New England's schedule. Houston's schedule is up in the air. I don't have high hopes of them losing 2 of those games, but I absolutely see it being possible. They will either get their heads out of their asses, or go into a slump that would probably end up getting people fired. I like Houston, but not going to lie, I wouldn't complain. New England simply needs to implode, which we all know is unlikely, my only real desire to come from all of this is to be seeded higher than New England. I'm not scared to face them in Mile High, I'd be concerned if we had to travel out there.

BroncoBuff
12-11-2012, 05:00 AM
That is very weird scheduling ... it'll be very tough for the Texans to beat Indy twice in three weeks. Still, I can't see it happening ... but this season is such a kick, I can't worry about Bye weeks.

Here's what I want: How often did Peyton's Colts play us in Week 16 or 17 the past decade? I think we played 'em back-to-back season finale-Wild Card games twice ... and every season finale Peyton played just one iddy-biddy series, then stood on the sidelines chatting up Jim Sorgi on the headset for 3 1/2 quarters. This year when the putrid chefs come in in Week 17, I want Peyton chatting up Brock Osweiler for 3 1/2 as we coast to victory. That's what I want ;D

2KBack
12-11-2012, 05:40 AM
That is very weird scheduling ... it'll be very tough for the Texans to beat Indy twice in three weeks. Still, I can't see it happening ... but this season is such a kick, I can't worry about Bye weeks.

Here's what I want: How often did Peyton's Colts play us in Week 16 or 17 the past decade? I think we played 'em back-to-back season finale-Wild Card games twice ... and every season finale Peyton played just one iddy-biddy series, then stood on the sidelines chatting up Jim Sorgi on the headset for 3 1/2 quarters. This year when the putrid chefs come in in Week 17, I want Peyton chatting up Brock Osweiler for 3 1/2 as we coast to victory. That's what I want ;D

With all these QB's hanging out on the sidelines, who's in the game?

HAT
12-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Interesting....:wave:

TheChamp24
12-11-2012, 06:46 AM
No way does Houston lose two of those games. The Colts are a decent team, but not that good. They got lucky as hell a couple games to win. Houston probably goes 2-1, finishing at 13-3.
New England, boy it wouldn't surprise me to see them go 3-0 the rest of the way.

Not to mention, we have to go on the road to beat a decent Baltimore team, then make sure we don't let up against an on the rise Browns team and a crappy Chiefs team.

RhymesayersDU
12-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Yeah, and mathematically speaking, I have a chance of dating a suprmodel. But realistically that's not going to happen.

uplink
12-11-2012, 07:25 AM
If the pats win the 1st seed, its best to play them in their 2nd game playoff game in Foxbourgh not their 1st playoff game there. Even if they win out the broncos will be lucky to get a bye now unless someone upsets the pats. The SF game will be close.

Old Dude
12-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Right now, I just want to see the Broncos take care of business in Baltimore. Wasn't that long ago that I would have penciled this game in as a loss. Things can change quickly this time of year.

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
No way does Houston lose two of those games. The Colts are a decent team, but not that good. They got lucky as hell a couple games to win. Houston probably goes 2-1, finishing at 13-3.
New England, boy it wouldn't surprise me to see them go 3-0 the rest of the way.

Not to mention, we have to go on the road to beat a decent Baltimore team, then make sure we don't let up against an on the rise Browns team and a crappy Chiefs team.

Probably not.....but Houston's oh so dominant defense has been struggling bad recently. They gave up 37 at home to the lowly Jags. They gave up 31 to Detroit.....and they gave up 42 last night. That's 110 points in 3 games.

Something stinks in Houston. Indy could easily split with them.....and if Adrian Peterson goes off.....we can hope for a Minnesota upset, too.

No guarantee that Houston wins at least 2 games.

bowtown
12-11-2012, 08:58 AM
test

g6matty
12-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Is there a way NE finishes 1st Hou 2nd us 3rd then we wouldnt see NE till the afccg right? Maybe they slip up in the 2nd rd of playoffs

BroncoBeavis
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Is there a way NE finishes 1st Hou 2nd us 3rd then we wouldnt see NE till the afccg right? Maybe they slip up in the 2nd rd of playoffs

If I had to bet, that scenario... Pats 1st, HOU 2nd, Broncos 3rd would be the smart money at this point.

HOU dropping 1 and NE winning out is the most likely scenario, with NE owning the tiebreaker.

Anyway, go Niners. I'd much rather see Texans in that 1 seed than the Pats.

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 09:24 AM
If I had to bet, that scenario... Pats 1st, HOU 2nd, Broncos 3rd would be the smart money at this point.

HOU dropping 1 and NE winning out is the most likely scenario, with NE owning the tiebreaker.

Anyway, go Niners. I'd much rather see Texans in that 1 seed than the Pats.

Totally agreed....and what I pointed out.

Additionally, we still get the 3-seed......regardless of whether we win or lose to Baltimore (cause Ratbirds will lose to Giants).

Pats 1, Houston 2, Denver 3.

And again, to the seeding-illiterate......this would mean we would NOT face NE in the second round.

razorwire77
12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
The head to head losses vs. the Texans and Pats make the math really difficult to get the 1 or 2 seeds.

I could see Indy getting hot and taking the home game vs. the Texans, but definitely not sweeping them.

I doubt that the Niners going into Foxsboro in mid-December are going to win with an inexperienced QB. The Pats most likely win out.

The Ravens game is for the 3 seed, but Denver also has to take care of a surprisingly tough Browns team.

Mountain Bronco
12-11-2012, 09:43 AM
What we can hope for is the 3 seed to avoid NE prior to AFC championship game. Get either Steelers (struggling) or Cincinnati in the first round and then Houston in second round. I think we beat all three of those teams.

BroncoBeavis
12-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Totally agreed....and what I pointed out.

Additionally, we still get the 3-seed......regardless of whether we win or lose to Baltimore (cause Ratbirds will lose to Giants).

Pats 1, Houston 2, Denver 3.

And again, to the seeding-illiterate......this would mean we would NOT face NE in the second round.

My only difference here is after witnessing the dismantling of the Texans, I'm not sure another team exists in the AFC that can knock off the Pats. Which means (barring a Pats upset these last few weeks) all roads lead to Foxboro. I think I'd rather that showdown happen in the divisional round with the benefit of some bye-week rust.

Pick Six
12-11-2012, 09:45 AM
San Francisco is, realistically, our last hope for New England to lose a game. They aren't losing to Jacksonville or Miami...LOL

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 09:57 AM
My only difference here is after witnessing the dismantling of the Texans, I'm not sure another team exists in the AFC that can knock off the Pats. Which means (barring a Pats upset these last few weeks) all roads lead to Foxboro. I think I'd rather that showdown happen in the divisional round with the benefit of some bye-week rust.

True. Playing them as soon as possible might be the best thing.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM

I would prefer to let Bmore come in there and beat them up and possibly win setting up the AFCCG here.

BroncoBeavis
12-11-2012, 10:42 AM
I would prefer to let Bmore come in there and beat them up and possibly win setting up the AFCCG here.

I think the 9ers have a far better shot of sending the AFCCG to Denver this week than those Limpy Crows will in the playoffs. :)

enjolras
12-11-2012, 12:34 PM
I think we most likely end up as the 3 seed, with a trip to Foxborough in the divisional round in our future.

ZONA
12-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Houston I'm telling you has major problems right now. The Pats defense is not as good as what they looked like on MNF. Their secondary is not that good. But back to the problems for the Texans. Their defense looks to be hurting big time. And if you can slow down their run game, I think that hurts their passing game soooo much. Way more so then if Denver couldn't get a run game going, they can still pass it well. The Texans have been winning some games in the past several weeks they probably should have lost. Indy is playing well, I can see them winning all of their remaining games. Not sure if they will but I certainly would not say they can't. I think the Colts can hang with the Texans.

#1 seed is still attainable but so is the #2 seed. The 49'ers I promise you will be a much better test for the Pats then the Texans were. At least their D will keep them in the game, they are a much more physical team then Houston is.

But it always comes down to mistakes doesn't it. No matter how small they seem at first, they always seem to snowball and often times change the momentum of a game. I don't know why the Texans chose to play man coverage all night long when they knew they had so many injuries in their secondary. Doesn't seem logical to me.

NFLBRONCO
12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
We lost our chance at a bye. We will be 3rd seed. I expect NE to be #1 seed

rbackfactory80
12-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Here's to hoping San Fran wins and if not I have become an Indy fan.

sinuous sausage
12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
I bet SF beats NE. Their defense is unholy.

#1 in PPG (14.2) for a schedule involving GB, Det, NYG, and NO. If any team can stop the Pats at Foxboro in December, I'd say it's SF. They and Seattle (who comprehensively beat down the Pats earlier this season) are actually built pretty similarly right meow, with legit rushing attacks, mobile QBs, and brutal defenses. The 9ers are also playing for that first-round bye.

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 02:04 PM
I would love to see us win out, the Pats lose to San Fran and Houston find a way to lose 2 more games.

We really need the bye and we need to force the Pats to come to Denver and take away their quick run call game.

broncocalijohn
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM

You realize we beat those Colts and then had false hope when Manning took the field for our away playoff game.

#1 seed is going to be real easy to get and our first step of just 8 attainable bumps was last night. Just ask Hat if you don't see it you pansies.

DBroncos4life
12-11-2012, 02:19 PM
The Pats have never went to the SB with a seed lower then 2. So if you believe in history repeating itself then it would be our best bet for us to get the 2 and Texans to get the 1.

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
LOL Bronco fans went from hoping the team could squeek in at 8-8 to worrying about not getting the bye week. Chances are we travel in the playoffs and are an underdog to the pats who have been good longer then we have. Broncos just now realizing they can win. We can beat them if we don't turn it over but I don't think we can get the number 2 seed from them.

i don't think San Frans offense is good enough to beat the Pats. The defense will slow Brady down but they will still score enough to beat the Niners.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-11-2012, 05:12 PM
man denver came a long way 8-8 to contending for top 3 playoff spots its unbelievable what a year makes

canadianbroncosfan
12-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Interesting....:wave:

Man you were so right, it feels so much better to be #3 today than #2.

Our chances of finishing #1 are next to impossible. We'd have to win out, N.E. would have to lose against any of the three teams they play that have no shot of beating them, and Houston would have to drop two of three.

I preferred controlling our own destiny to the #2 seed than have two other teams control ours to even get #2, let alone #1

maven
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Kap needs to go lights out! BIG BIG Niners fan this week. It's really Denver's only chance.

Houston will take an Indy game I just don't see a #1 seed for Denver.

Agamemnon
12-11-2012, 05:43 PM
At this rate I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances of get the #2 seed. The #1 seed? Hilarious!

HAT
12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Our chances of finishing #1 are next to impossible.

But they're better than they were yesterday and as a fan that's all I care about.

:wave:

sinuous sausage
12-11-2012, 06:58 PM
At this rate I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances of get the #2 seed. The #1 seed? Hilarious!

1) Win out for #3 seed.

2) Win out + Houston loses twice or NE loses once for #2 seed.

3) Win out + Houston loses twice and NE loses once for #1 seed.

After much introspection and reading of the stars, I've concluded the third scenario is only marginally more hilarious than the second.

canadianbroncosfan
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
But they're better than they were yesterday and as a fan that's all I care about.

So when we finish as the #3 seed will you concede you're theory is ridiculous?

baja
12-11-2012, 07:05 PM

The thing is the difference between the 1 seed and the 2 seed is not that significant.

Before last night getting the 2 seed was much more likely than getting the 1 seed.

The odds are a little closer now but it would still be more likely to get the 2 seed than the 1 seed. NE loses one game and we win out we're the 2 seed but to get the 1 seed we still have to win out, NE still has to lose a game but also Houston would need to lose two out of three.

Much easier to get the 2 seed which is only marginally worse than the 1 seed.

HAT
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM

My only " theory " is that HFA is the best thing for the Broncos.

And they are closer to that today than had Houston won.

Hamrob
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
If we lose at Baltimore..............none of these scenarios matter.

Personally, I think the best we do is the 3rd seed...

I can't see San Fran beating NE on their turf....and Brady won't lose to those scrub teams left on their schedule. The Pats will finish 13-3 tied with the Texans and get homefield throughout.

1. Pats (13-3)
2. Texans (13-3)
3. Broncos (13-3)
4. Ravens (10-6)
5. Colts (10-6)
6. Steelers (9-7)

1st round:

Pitt @ Den
Indy @ Balt

2nd round:

Den @ Hou
Balt @ NE

AFC Championship

Den @ NE

Hamrob
12-11-2012, 07:41 PM
1) Win out for #3 seed.

2) Win out + Houston loses twice or NE loses once for #2 seed.

3) Win out + Houston loses twice and NE loses once for #1 seed.

After much introspection and reading of the stars, I've concluded the third scenario is only marginally more hilarious than the second.Agreed Hilarious!

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 08:22 PM
If we lose at Baltimore..............none of these scenarios matter.

Personally, I think the best we do is the 3rd seed...

I can't see San Fran beating NE on their turf....and Brady won't lose to those scrub teams left on their schedule. The Pats will finish 13-3 tied with the Texans and get homefield throughout.

1. Pats (13-3)
2. Texans (13-3)
3. Broncos (13-3)
4. Ravens (10-6)
5. Colts (10-6)
6. Steelers (9-7)

1st round:

Pitt @ Den
Indy @ Balt

2nd round:

Den @ Hou
Balt @ NE

AFC Championship

Den @ NE

You forgot the SB

Denver vs Green Bay or possibly Atlanta, either way it is a rerun.

No1BroncoFan
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
All this prognostication and everyone seems to have missed that if we win out, Indy wins out and the Pats drop one, we take the #1 and Houston drops all the way to #5. Likely? No. Funny as hell if it happens? Oh, hell yeah!

baja
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
That Houston loss had to be demoralizing as hell, they could crumble from a loss like that. Kubes has his work cut out for himself.

HAT
12-11-2012, 09:38 PM
That Houston loss had to be demoralizing as hell, they could crumble from a loss like that. Kubes has his work cut out for himself.

Keep riding that fence hippie.

HAT
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM
All this prognostication and everyone seems to have missed that if we win out, Indy wins out and the Pats drop one, we take the #1 and Houston drops all the way to #5. Likely? No. Funny as hell if it happens? Oh, hell yeah!

I don't think Indy will win out but it's pretty much a coin flip for the AFCS right now.

No1BroncoFan
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I don't think Indy will win out but it's pretty much a coin flip for the AFCS right now.

I don't think they will either, but I'll laugh myself into the hospital if they do.

baja
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Keep riding that fence hippie.

Keep not making sense Empty.

maven
12-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Indy's weakness is Houston's strength. The AFC South is the Texans.

maven
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM

It's not a coin flip. Texans have a two game lead with 3 to play. All they have to do is split with Indy.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
man denver came a long way 8-8 to contending for top 3 playoff spots its unbelievable what having a real QB makes

FIFY

extralife
12-11-2012, 10:42 PM
do the pats ever have to play difficult games on the road? houston and SF back to back at home, **** yourself NFL.

BroncoBuff
12-12-2012, 08:49 AM

Yeah, that'll leave a mark ... wrong loss at the wrong time to the wrong team.

CEH
12-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Belecheck just destroys the other coach. He took away thier boot game and Shaub is just an everage QB without the boot and play action to ther TEs

Shanny had success against BB but he flat out made Houston look silly

DBroncos4life
12-12-2012, 09:05 AM
do the pats ever have to play difficult games on the road? houston and SF back to back at home, **** yourself NFL.

I think that is a big reason why they have been to the SB 5 out of 6 times when they get the 1 or 2 seed yet never when they are below that. They never have to travel and play good teams late in the year.

CEH
12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Now I've changed my mind. Kubes is a sly dog and he realizes that they can win the AFCS here soon and will most likely meet the Pats again and did not want to tip his hand. Just like Denver in 98 down in MIA he held something back

That sly dog

Rock Chalk
12-12-2012, 10:32 AM
If all 3 tie, its NE/Houston/Denver based on tiebreaking procedures.

NE gets 1 seed due to step 2 of tie breaker: Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.) (Denver is 0-2, NE is 2-0)

Denver gets 2 seed if:
Denver wins out and EITHER NE loses one OR Houston loses 2.

Denver gets 1 seed if:
Denver wins out if NE loses one AND Houston loses 2.

Denver gets 4 seed if Baltimore wins out and NE does not lose more than 1 and Houston does not lose all 3.

Sums it up quite nicely.

Beantown Bronco
12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Funny thread. How things have changed in just two weeks.

TheChamp247
12-24-2012, 03:56 AM
With the Texans losing to New England what does that mean for the Broncos? I think that it vastly narrows our chances for getting the 2 seed, but I also think it significantly opens the door for us to sneak into the 1 seed with only Houston and New England above us for now(Depending on the Ravens game). Here's why, assuming that we win out and finish the season 13-3...

Houston (11-2 Currently the 1 seed)
-Week 15: IND@HOU
-Week 16: MIN@HOU
-Week 17: HOU@IND
Now, Houston needs to lose 2 of these for us to have a shot. Long, but still possible. The Colts are surprisingly good, granted they are having to come back from large deficits. Still, with a rookie QB this late in the season, that's impressive. I can see them losing 2 of these.

New England: (10-3 Currently 2 seed)
-Week 15: SF@NE
-Week 16: NE@JAX
-Week 17: MIA@NE
New England has a much more favorable schedule, most notably the 2 home games in December where I believe that Tom Brady is now 23-1? For us though, they only need to lose one of these games. We'll just have to see if tonight was a fluke or not. With how they have been playing the previous few weeks, I can see them losing to either San Francisco, or possibly a trap game against Miami who often plays New England well.

I think our possibilities of the 2 seed shrunk dramatically, especially with the New England's schedule. Houston's schedule is up in the air. I don't have high hopes of them losing 2 of those games, but I absolutely see it being possible. They will either get their heads out of their asses, or go into a slump that would probably end up getting people fired. I like Houston, but not going to lie, I wouldn't complain. New England simply needs to implode, which we all know is unlikely, my only real desire to come from all of this is to be seeded higher than New England. I'm not scared to face them in Mile High, I'd be concerned if we had to travel out there.

I feel pretty satisfied with my prediction/guess as to how these few weeks were going to play out. Houston definitely showed they could lose their last game. New England all but imploded against the 9rs, giving up that many points at home, no one expected that. We have a very viable shot. I dont care who we play, in Denver, we'll win.

TheChamp247
12-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Didn't necessarily call it. But I feel this is pretty relevant right now. :) Gotta beat them Chefs.

HAT
12-30-2012, 05:24 PM

Maybe....I'll let you know tomorrow.

:strong:

SoCalBronco
12-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Good call HAT. You thought it was possible when no one else did

winstoncup bronco
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Maybe....I'll let you know tomorrow.

:strong:

Nice call.