PDA

View Full Version : Who's scared of patriots?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Are you scared of the broncos playing the patriots?

It's the ultimate test for the SB. Beat the best to be the best. I know there's alot who would love them to play the game in Denver, but this team has grown this year and I feel can play in anyone's house.

Tim
12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
We're built to run with the pats right now but @ NE would be very tough

bases055
12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
F*** any team in our way. I think the proof is already in the pudding (look at the vote). Time for us to stop being scared whiny "we aren't ready" bitches and support our football team as we should, our team really is that good. I think we're just not used to saying that after 14 years.

Bronco X
12-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Sure. But don't forget in 2010 they beat the Jets in NE 45-3 week 13 en route to a 14-2 season. But they were one and done in the playoffs, done in by those same Jets. As the old cliche goes, on any given Sunday...

bases055
12-10-2012, 08:46 PM
6-0 in favor of not scared, yet this whole forum is stuck on being petrified of playing in NE. Who cares who we play and where? Half the forum is afraid of Baltimore, as if today's Baltimore is yesterday's Colts, and Baltimore isn't even that good.

Old Dude
12-10-2012, 08:46 PM
If you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself. The Pats aren't going to fade away. One way or another, Denver's going to have to find a way to beat them to get to the big show.

Edit: Of course, I'm scared. Scared is good.

bases055
12-10-2012, 08:48 PM
If you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself. The Pats aren't going to fade away. One way or another, Denver's going to have to find a way to beat them to get to the big show.

It's called an away game and a 60 minute football game. It's not as far fetched as it seems. Every year EVERYONE gives the pats the Lombardi, and ELI of all QBs has beat them twice, once ON THE PATS WAY TO AN UNDEFEATED SEASON!

bases055
12-10-2012, 08:49 PM

Edit: Scared is not at all good. Scared is an excuse.

Drunken.Broncoholic
**** any team in our way. I think the proof is already in the pudding (look at the vote). Time for us to stop being scared whiny "we aren't ready" b****es and support our football team as we should, our team really is that good. I think we're just not used to saying that after 14 years.

Love it! I think it's a totally different feel with this team. Backing in last year, clinching a spot in the first week of December this year.

Old Dude
Edit: Scared is not at all good. Scared is an excuse.

I'd far rather be scared than overconfident. Denver needs to work hard to get even better.

Ratboy
12-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I am, especially in Foxboro. If we have them at home, I think we can take them.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I want to see a Richard Sherman type reaction from our players after the game if they play each other and win. Sherman made sure Brady knew he lost. ROFL!

bases055
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Love it! I think it's a totally different feel with this team. Backing in last year, clinching a spot in the first week of December this year.

Thank you! Look at what we had last year compared to now. I HOPE it's not Tebow followers that are bogging our fan base down as it seems to be. We are good and we should have confidence, we haven't had a team like this in ages, why be scared? Why not become a part of this team and fight for it as if we were on it? That's how I remember our Super Bowl years, not wondering if a hope and a prayer would get us through. Maybe teams latch on to their fan base's confidence in them, seems like an OK logic to me. We have a potential top 5 qb of ALL TIME at the helm, a great offense and a SCARY defense. Let's be NE/Balt/Pit for once and expect (and support our team for) success.

bases055
12-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I'd far rather be scared than overconfident. Denver needs to work hard to get even better.

Tell this to NE, who you are obviously afraid of. Hell Jake Plummer beat NE in Denver. The way things are going now, we will have to win in NE, but Peyton MOTHER ****ING MANNING is not JAKE the handball player PLUMMER. We're you as pessimistic when Elway was our General during our Super Bowl Runs? Somehow I think not...

bases055
12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
NE has to fall at some point (has already in the past). It's like giving the Yankees the world series every year (see the then Florida Marlins). Who gives a **** - PMFM has the power to will this team to beat the best...and for what? To be the best. Does everyone feel like I'm reaching here?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Thank you! Look at what we had last year compared to now. I HOPE it's not Tebow followers that are bogging our fan base down as it seems to be. We are good and we should have confidence, we haven't had a team like this in ages, why be scared? Why not become a part of this team and fight for it as if we were on it? That's how I remember our Super Bowl years, not wondering if a hope and a prayer would get us through. Maybe teams latch on to their fan base's confidence in them, seems like an OK logic to me. We have a potential top 5 qb of ALL TIME at the helm, a great offense and a SCARY defense. Let's be NE/Balt/Pit for once and expect (and support our team for) success.

I remember some didnt want to face the Vikings. I guess some of us just want to see success at the highest level. Beating the pats on the way to the SB seems just a tiny but sweeter than beating say houston or Pitt.

Who knows, they may not even face each other and this is all for not!

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
IT IS OK TO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN OUR TEAM TO SUCCEED. Crazy how bitch our fans have become.

broncocalijohn
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Many of these great teams have lost to a ****ty team. They come to play against good teams. Broncos have beaten every average plus to ****ty team out there. Broncos have lost to the 3 top teams. Patriots seem to play up when their competitor is to their level. Hell yes I am scared of that team. I have a feeling we might be going to NE for our game if we are 3rd seed. Now we must hope Houston keeps faltering during the 2nd half.

UberBroncoMan
12-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Yes... if it's at their place.

bases055
I remember some didnt want to face the Vikings. I guess some of us just want to see success at the highest level. Beating the pats on the way to the SB seems just a tiny but sweeter than beating say houston or Pitt.

Who knows, they may not even face each other and this is all for not!

If we want success at the highest level then why are so many of us praying for the easiest route to get there? REMEMBER THE TITANS!!! (the movie, not the SB losers)

DBroncos4life
I want to see a Richard Sherman type reaction from our players after the game if they play each other and win. Sherman made sure Brady knew he lost. ROFL!

It's nothing some ADD medicine won't cure.

swaiy
12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Didnt take long for #15 to get mentioned lol.

The Pats can be beat though. I like the Broncos chances now more than I did earlier. They still cant stop DT88.

OCBronco
12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
This game showed me that Houston is fading and regressing.

If New England comes out and takes apart San Francisco next week, then I might be more worried.

We are getting better on both sides of the ball, and this is a different team than the one that lost to them earlier in the year. I think we can hang with anyone.

cutthemdown
12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Not really scared but they are a great team. Playing them on the road, in cold weather, yeah its going to take an epic Bronco performance to win. If it happens at all who knows how it turns out.

bases055
I've been a long time follower of the mane and am obviously very new at posting. I used this site for years as a basis to follow my team and see overall what our fans think of MY team. Do you think BAL or PIT fans were hoping for NE to due themselves in EVER? Get real, let's be tough fans and not pussies.

spdirty
Hell No. **** them and their b**** ass offensive coordinator. January 14, 2006 b****es. Brady and Belly were undefeated in the playoffs. Until they played us. With Jake. And Mike Anderson. And Ashley Lelie. And Nick Ferguson. And Champ mother ****in Bailey!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n74qajrx4b4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Orange&BlueMohawk
12-10-2012, 09:06 PM
No way. And here's why.
1.) We have the same record.
2.) Pats lost to teams that were hot in the beginning of the season (Ravens, Cards) and to Seattle (still doing okay)
3.)Our losses were to the 'best' teams. And if we hadn't started those games so terribly, we would have had a much better shot.
4.) We lost those games at the beginning of the season, when the team was still gelling. We are much better now.
5.) The Pats numbers are kind of inflated. I hate it when everyone is always talking up how many points the Pats put up. They are doing it against terrible teams. So really we are more likely to be closer in the rankings.
As for last year, yeah we made the playoffs and made the Steelers look hilarious, but we had no business against the Pats, as the score showed.

This year, same scenario. Tom Brady goes home crying, hopefully because Von broke his backbone. Or shoved one up his poop shoot, and then broke it.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Don't be the fan that says its ok to lose because you think any team is better than yours. Why play the games then (Eli)?

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:09 PM
No way. And here's why.
1.) We have the same record.
2.) Pats lost to teams that were hot in the beginning of the season (Ravens, Cards) and to Seattle (still doing okay)
3.)Our losses were to the 'best' teams. And if we hadn't started those games so terribly, we would have had a much better shot.
4.) We lost those games at the beginning of the season, when the team was still gelling. We are much better now.

As for last year, yeah we made the playoffs and made the Steelers look hilarious, but we had no business against the Pats, as the score showed.

This year, same scenario. Tom Brady goes home crying, hopefully because Von broke his backbone. Or shoved one up his poop shoot, and then broke it.

That's the spirit! Go PMFBroncos!

bronco militia
12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't expect the broncos to beat them, but I'd love another shot. Good teams have been known to play their worst football in the playoffs.

Orange4Life
12-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Screw the pats. Let's get it on

theAPAOps5
12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I am scared of them, not as in I don't want to play them again, but a respectful fear. Any team or player who isn't scared of their play right now is a fool or on a loser team.

swaiy
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Screw the pats. Let's get it on

Wait. What kind of screw and what kind of "getting it on" do you mean?

Orange&BlueMohawk
12-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I hate cliches but,

Playing the Pats in New England again this years, after what happened last year................

should put a serious chip on our shoulder. Like seriously.

F*** the Pats!

lonestar
12-10-2012, 09:28 PM
here is my take..

for several years mikey built the team to beat Manning, after getting our ass kicked in the passing game, we traded for Champ.. All was well because now Champ could shut them down..

next year manning just went after the other CB lefte Champ alone..

Forget who we brought in at the time to cover the other WR.. next year Manning killed us with the slot receiver..

What Mikey never figured out was regardless how many good to great CBs that are out there Manning given enough time can find someone open..

Moral of the story we need a complete team on D to beat a great QB and make no mistake about it Brady is a great QB..

IMO the only hope we have is to out duel them, the last team that scores wins..

I do not think that will work against them, as their D is pretty damned good also.. They can collapse the middle of our OLINE and when they blitz they will get to and hurry Manning..

I believe we are a year away from being able to keep up with the big boys..

Last but not least Fox, is no Bellicheck..

and maybe even more humbling Mc coy is no Mc Daniels..

Br0nc0Buster
12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes

As much as I love our defense I am worried what Brady would do to them

Granted Mays being gone is a big plus, but we are going to need our Dline to play out of their minds to win if we get matched up against them

lonestar
I am scared of them, not as in I don't want to play them again, but a respectful fear. Any team or player who isn't scared of their play right now is a fool or on a loser team.

:thumbs:

Old Dude
This game showed me that Houston is fading and regressing.

If New England comes out and takes apart San Francisco next week, then I might be more worried.

We are getting better on both sides of the ball, and this is a different team than the one that lost to them earlier in the year. I think we can hang with anyone.

Yeah, it's not all bad. Houston has been struggling of late, was nearly beaten by Jacksonville and should have lost to Detroit. Their defense really misses Cushing and they've had problems for a good while converting on 3rd downs. When a team gets blown out like this, it sometimes says more about the loser than the winner.

As far as the fear factor goes, it doesn't really make any difference what any of us think. We're not the ones on the field.

If I had to place a bet right now, I wouldn't bet on Denver winning on the road in NE. (Though I think the Broncos would perform better than last time.)

There's still three weeks in the regular season and lots of things can happen. Hopefully, Denver can avoid injuries, young players can continue to progress, and the team's cohesion can also continue to improve.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:31 PM

It's completely OK to respect a team who is above average or downright elite. But how can you be afraid after the amazing season we have had? Although we were 8-8 last year (a non losing record), if there was an award for comeback team of the year, it would have to be ours. And contribute that to an up and coming downright dirty defense, and a comback player of the year.

I'll admit as much as the next person that the Denver Broncos were not expected to be the team that they are. But since they are the team that they are, why not be excited? As probably THOUSANDS of posts here have suggested, we are a championship caliber team. Top 4 in offense and defense, what is to be afraid of? An away game anywhere? Tell that to the Giants.

I am pleading (as I am sure many of you have seen by now) for us to join together to support our team, instead of fearing for our apparent demise. Peyton has a lot left to prove, this year and going forward until he is done.

Add Fox, add Del Rio, add our receiving corps including our TEs, our back from the dead RB, our stellar pass rush and elite (yes elite) CB play, along with our SP team play with Holliday and our Kicking game. WE ARE GOOD AT EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME (look we even stopped fumbling 12 times a game).

Have some faith.

NFLBRONCO
12-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm not scared of them just feel they are the best at exposing our D.

theAPAOps5
12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Please tell me where I posted we will lose or that I have no faith. Oh wait, I didn't. Reading.... its fundamental.

It's completely OK to respect a team who is above average or downright elite. But how can you be afraid after the amazing season we have had? Although we were 8-8 last year (a non losing record), if there was an award for comeback team of the year, it would have to be ours. And contribute that to an up and coming downright dirty defense, and a comback player of the year.

I'll admit as much as the next person that the Denver Broncos were not expected to be the team that they are. But since they are the team that they are, why not be excited? As probably THOUSANDS of posts here have suggested, we are a championship caliber team. Top 4 in offense and defense, what is to be afraid of? An away game anywhere? Tell that to the Giants.

I am pleading (as I am sure many of you have seen by now) for us to join together to support our team, instead of fearing for our apparent demise. Peyton has a lot left to prove, this year and going forward until he is done.

Add Fox, add Del Rio, add our receiving corps including our TEs, our back from the dead RB, our stellar pass rush and elite (yes elite) CB play, along with our SP team play with Holliday and our Kicking game. WE ARE GOOD AT EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME (look we even stopped fumbling 12 times a game).

Have some faith.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Dont forget Brady is 35 and also lost almost a full season to injury. The two QBs are one year apart in age and exp. Yes Brady has more championships, but he also had better teams with potentially the best coach ever. The cheat with PM? Who knows how many times they would have won (hint, would've been easily more than Brady got).

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Please tell me where I posted we will lose or that I have no faith. Oh wait, I didn't. Reading.... its fundamental.

Ahem... "I am scared of them". Doesn't matter what you said afterwards, you basically said that if you were the Broncos, the Patriots are your daddy. Reading....between the lines....is not hard.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Tell me where Brady or Bully would ever say "I am scared of the Broncos". Get real

theAPAOps5
12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Ahem... "I am scared of them". Doesn't matter what you said afterwards, you basically said that if you were the Broncos, the Patriots are your daddy. Reading....between the lines....is not hard.

So you can't read then? Or are you just dumb?

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Tell me where Brady or Bully would ever say "I am scared of the Broncos". Get real

By the way, to respect a team shows a sign of...RESPECT...because a team is good or great. Respect IN NO WAY speaks of being afraid.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:42 PM

I read just fine you scared little bitch. I want and believe the Broncos can beat anybody in the NFL on any week, regular season, playoffs or otherwise. I do not fear, nor am I afraid of our team beating the pats, whether here nor there. Go ahead and claim that I can't read. You have ill faith in OUR team.

Like so many "Broncos" fans.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Let's be afraid of winning it all, everyone. Bow down I guess.

theAPAOps5
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I read just fine you scared little b****. I want and believe the Broncos can beat anybody in the NFL on any week, regular season, playoffs or otherwise. I do not fear, nor am I afraid of our team beating the pats, whether here nor there. Go ahead and claim that I can't read. You have ill faith in OUR team.

Like so many "Broncos" fans.

So you are dumb, got it. Kind of the weak link in work and life, right?

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
So you are dumb, got it. Kind of the weak link in work and life, right?

OH NO THE PATS ARE COMING! Nice to know that my being "dumb" is your greatest arguement. I'll still take kicking the pats in the face compared to your "I'm afraid and your dumb" comments.

swaiy
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
here is my take..

for several years mikey built the team to beat Manning, after getting our ass kicked in the passing game, we traded for Champ.. All was well because now Champ could shut them down..

next year manning just went after the other CB lefte Champ alone..

Forget who we brought in at the time to cover the other WR.. next year Manning killed us with the slot receiver..

What Mikey never figured out was regardless how many good to great CBs that are out there Manning given enough time can find someone open..

Moral of the story we need a complete team on D to beat a great QB and make no mistake about it Brady is a great QB..

IMO the only hope we have is to out duel them, the last team that scores wins..

I do not think that will work against them, as their D is pretty damned good also.. They can collapse the middle of our OLINE and when they blitz they will get to and hurry Manning..

I believe we are a year away from being able to keep up with the big boys..

Last but not least Fox, is no Bellicheck..

and maybe even more humbling Mc coy is no Mc Daniels..

Im probably going to regret asking.

What would happen if you made a posted completely on topic without mentioning Mike Shanahan?

HAT
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
here is my take....

You predicted 4-12....Take. Invalid.

theAPAOps5
12-10-2012, 09:47 PM
OH NO THE PATS ARE COMING! Nice to know that my being "dumb" is your greatest arguement. I'll still take kicking the pats in the face compared to your "I'm afraid and your dumb" comments.

Ok, how about mentally unstable? Better descriptor for you? Should I define mentally for you? Unstable too big a word?

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Let's be afraid at our best chance at winning the super bowl in 14 years instead of embracing the opportunity given to us since....by John Elway himself.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Ok, how about mentally unstable? Better descriptor for you? Should I define mentally for you? Unstable too big a word?

Just take NO MERCY off your avatar and put up Kyle Orton instead. Uhhnnnstaaable....puss.

theAPAOps5
12-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Just take NO MERCY off your avatar and put up Kyle Orton instead. Uhhnnnstaaable....puss.

Inbred?

You really are puppet, mentally weak, easily manipulated. You lead a pathetic life don't you? :wave:

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Inbred? :wave:

NO MERCY!!! oh wait...pats.

fwf
12-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I know our guys on the field arent scared. Von, doom, champ, Woodward those guys are gonna be ready man. I like the toughness of this team. Well be ready to play that game, unlike last year.
Peyton vs Brady. In their primes. It's gonna be a classic man if it happens.
But when were telling the story 20 yrs from now, this ****in D won't be left out.

We're the team to beat.

bases055
12-10-2012, 09:56 PM
GROW ****ING BALLS DENVER FANS....on mercy's behalf. ;)

Fear nobody. The Manning way.

theAPAOps5
12-10-2012, 09:59 PM
I know are guys on the field won't be scared. Von, doom, champ, Woodward those guys are gonna be ready man. I like the toughness of this team. Well be ready to play that game, unlike last year.
Peyton vs Brady. In their primes. It's gonna be a classic man if it happens.
But when were telling the story 20 yrs from now, this ****in D won't be left out.

We're the team to beat.

Fear when channeled is one of the biggest motivators and creators of success. Most of the people who are on top of their profession, craft, or industry did so because of fear of failure. The pathetic ones are the ones who curl up and submit under fear. The great ones are those that use that fear and overcome.

I hope our team is scared of how the Pats are playing, but I hope in a way that when they meet again they are ready, they play a perfect game, and they crush them.

Only weak minded cowards pound their chest and call people names because they think saying they are scared is sissy. But they are the bottom feeders of society. Much like this base055 loser.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I am, especially in Foxboro. If we have them at home, I think we can take them.

This. Foxboro scares me more than the Patroits

ant1999e
12-10-2012, 10:14 PM

This guy needs to go back to lurking. He's obviously the tough guy in the bar who thinks he can kick everyone's ass.

Mogulseeker
12-10-2012, 10:15 PM
We're building a team, but with DJ as MIKE.... I think our season ends in New England again this year. Now... NEXT year....

Punisher
12-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Houston isn't very good

gunns
12-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Don't be the fan that says its ok to lose because you think any team is better than yours. Why play the games then (Eli)?

Is there something wrong with having a differing opinion? Calling fans that worry about NE pussies? I've been one on here that has said that we can beat the Pats and I still believe that. But I do not see that fans worrying about NE is something crazy and unsupportive. It's worrying about THEIR team because they want the best.

gunns
12-11-2012, 04:11 AM
GROW ****ING BALLS DENVER FANS....on mercy's behalf. ;)

Fear nobody. The Manning way.

The last time I didn't fear any team was January 4, 1997. I learned that any given Sunday because that never should have happened. I don't ever want to experience that again and will never be over confident because any given Sunday can go both ways even with the Greatest. And I have no desire to grow ****ing balls.

WolfpackGuy
12-11-2012, 05:26 AM
I want NE and their gimmick hurry up which won't catch the Broncos off guard the second time around.

TheChamp24
12-11-2012, 05:41 AM
I'm sorry, but playing the Pats, shall I say it will concern me because it will be extremely difficult to win, especially after they already beat us this year.

Now, I believe Houston is a tad overrated for their record. Both Atlanta and Houston in fact. Houston is easier to control their offense than it is to control the Patriots.

TonyR
12-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Houston isn't very good

They came into the game 11-1. So they're very good. They're just not playing their best football. And New England is better. When that offense clicks on all cylinders you're probably not beating them.

TonyR
12-11-2012, 06:21 AM
I want NE and their gimmick hurry up which won't catch the Broncos off guard the second time around.

Well, they're more than just a "gimmick". You also have to account for Gronk (who didn't play last night), Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, a good running game, and one of the best QBs ever to play the game. That offense exploits some of our weaknesses: the inability of our LBs in coverage and the general mediocrity of our safties.

RedskinBronco
12-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Scared? No way. Just that you want to avoid foxboro in January if you can.

Not scared at all; Houston is a fraud sept-nov team

HorseHead
12-11-2012, 06:36 AM
We've seen this before with this team (NE), it's December..

You beat them by hitting #12 multiple times...like 97% of us, he doesn't like men who weigh 260-315 pounds hitting him repeatedly...

And this is a strange observation on my part, but we actually have a legitimate return guy (Holiday), and a pretty solid kicking game, somehow I see both of these facets contributing big time to post season success...

fwf
12-11-2012, 06:47 AM
You beat them by hitting #12 multiple times...like 97% of us, he doesn't like men who weigh 260-315 pounds hitting him repeatedly...

Yeah, they're going to get there's anyway, so I think the blueprint at this point is to "Rush the QB", and rush him often.

Also, we need to start installing new **** right now so the Pats won't know exactly what we're doing again, like last season in the playoffs.

ColoradoDarin
12-11-2012, 07:02 AM
What's with all the lurkers posting lately? I guess winning cures all, even a case of lurking.

Kaylore
12-11-2012, 07:02 AM
The Patriots lost to Arizona at home. So they aren't unbeatable. However it seems like when teams play them they have their worst games and the Pats have their best.

I don't like their TE's against our linebackers. I don't like their versatile run game and I don't like Brady who is on fire. They put up more points than any team and never turn the ball over.

Their defense isn't great but it's very underrated. They generate a TON of turnovers which just gives the ball back to the highest scoring offense in the league. They tighten up in the redzone and swarm and attack the ball.

On special teams they are average, but no worse than the next team.

They aren't a very physical team. You can beat them up but you have to really come after them and play flawless football. Even if they are a bit finesse, they never make mistakes.

So do I fear the Patriots? No. But they can beat any team in the league. They are incredibly well coached, disciplined and you can't wait for them to shoot themselves. We're a very ballanced team - maybe more ballanced than they are - but we also make way more mistakes than they do. That has kept teams in games and caused our three losses.

If we have to play the Patriots, it will probably be the hardest game we play all year outside the Super Bowl.

ColoradoDarin
12-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Everyone is forgetting the most important thing in this Houston/NE/Denver triangle....

The Little Known Trindon Holliday Effect.

Old Dude
12-11-2012, 07:13 AM
It's hard to rank special teams, but Football Outsiders has tried - based on a variety of stats - and as of a week ago, the Pats were at #2. (Denver at #10)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

How accurate that is, I don't know, but they rarely shoot themselves in the foot.

On a side note, I've seen three different NFL "power polls" this morning and all three of them have the Pats at #1 and Denver at #2. A rematch would draw quite an audience.

lonestar
12-11-2012, 07:21 AM
If we play them again we will not be sneaking up on them like PHX did.

Not even to mention at the time their defense was playing lights out and the pass rush was a killer

PaintballCLE
12-11-2012, 07:41 AM
the problem with the pats is that they expose our defense. They run the quick 3 step drop passes and eliminate our pass rush. We are average at best in coverage..... look at the first NE game and all the long 3rd down conversions we have given up this year.

Do i think we can beat them? For sure...... but of all the teams in the playoffs I think they are by far the worst matchup for us.

TonyR
12-11-2012, 07:46 AM

The difficult part is that you have to pressure him with your front 4, and you have to get pressure up the middle on him. If you blitz and miss Brady will make you pay like nobody else. They strike quick, using Welker, Woodhead and the TEs underneath so if your LBs are stuck crashing the run or blitzing Brady will gut you. The best example of a team that had consistent success defending the Pats the way you have to is the NY Giants.

fwf
12-11-2012, 08:12 AM
The difficult part is that you have to pressure him with your front 4, and you have to get pressure up the middle on him. If you blitz and miss Brady will make you pay like nobody else. They strike quick, using Welker, Woodhead and the TEs underneath so if your LBs are stuck crashing the run or blitzing Brady will gut you. The best example of a team that had consistent success defending the Pats the way you have to is the NY Giants.

Brady's gonna beat u regardless. Might as well bring the heat and try and get some big shots in, rattle his cage a little. Don't mess with his legs but if you got an open shot.. It might be worth the fine.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I say the staff needs to have that Seattle game on film. The 2nd half of that game the Seahawks strangled that patriots offense. Brady throws 58 times and only achieves 2 field goals in that half?

Mountain Bronco
12-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I am certainly not scared, but this will be a difficult matchup should it happen. Manning should be able to exploit their secondary and I am concerned with our safeties and ability to stop the run out of a spread formation. Their hurry up offense is also difficult putting our players in a tough position, but Von has gotten a lot better as an every down player, so that shouldn't be as big of an issue. Bring it on, it isn't like you get to the SB playing patsies.

enjolras
12-11-2012, 08:34 AM
look at the first NE game and all the long 3rd down conversions we have given up this year.

Both the Mike and starting corner have seen big changes since that game. Long 3rd down conversions haven't been a huge problem really since that Patriots game. I'm not sure where that comes from. The Broncos are #3 in the league in 3rd down percentage at 32.6%.

razorwire77
12-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Time of possession and finishing drives in the red zone will be key. We can't have Prater kicking 3 short FG's and expect to go into Foxboro and win. Sustained 6, 7, minute drives ending in definitive scoring drives. Flip field possession whenever possible (Holiday performing well will be important). Lastly, giving the Pats a short field via turnovers is death.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-11-2012, 08:53 AM
. Lastly, giving the Pats a short field via turnovers is death.

That has been the killer in those games. Turnover free football is needed in the playoffs. And it's a basic requirement to beat them

Requiem
12-11-2012, 08:58 AM
To be the best, ya gotta beat the best. No fear.

Greatspirits
12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
The Bronx have made great strides this year, but I still don't think they are at the level where they can go into NE and win.

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 09:05 AM
I didn't read through the thread....but count me as another person not wanting to face this team.

They are absolutely rolling right now. They just put up 42 points on a top-5 defense....and did it without Gronk, Edelman (who had a GREAT month of November).....and with a banged up o-line.

Gronk will be back before the playoffs, and Hernandez is getting back to full strength slowly.

This Pats' offense is approaching "unstoppable" status.

We just don't match up with them b/c our DTs are still average at best.....and our LBs can't cover TEs.

Hate to say it.....but I don't see us beating this team. Hope I'm wrong and will happily eat crow if we do.

bronco militia
12-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Everyone is forgetting the most important thing in this Houston/NE/Denver triangle....

The Little Known Trindon Holliday Effect.

counting houston and denver he's 13-0 :charge:

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-11-2012, 09:09 AM
I didn't read through the thread....but count me as another person not wanting to face this team.

They are absolutely rolling right now. They just put up 42 points on a top-5 defense....and did it without Gronk, Edelman (who had a GREAT month of November).....and with a banged up o-line.

Gronk will be back before the playoffs, and Hernandez is getting back to full strength slowly.

This Pats' offense is approaching "unstoppable" status.

I don't know what to think of Houston's defense right now. Jags put up 37 on them. I can't seem to figure them out

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't know what to think of Houston's defense right now. Jags put up 37 on them. I can't seem to figure them out

I know. 37 to Jags, 31 to Detroit, and 42 to NE. A top 5 defense, doesn't allow that in 4 games.

They are struggling, and are beatable.

Regardless of standings/seedings........NE and Denver are the 2 best teams in the AFC right now......maybe in the entire league. It would be a shame if we had to meet them prior to the AFC title game.

cmhargrove
12-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Nothing wrong with showing healthy fear, its the strongest human motivator.

This Pats offense is damn near unstoppable at home. Brady was playing in a different stratosphere last night and totally destroyed a very good football team. As pointed out before our keys seem to be:

1. Don't allow them to gash us with the run (especially in hurry up offense).
2. Must get interior pass rush. Quick around the edges just won't cut it.
3. Some how, some way, we must win the turnover battle.
4. Our offense must find a way to pick up blitzes and give Manning time (Raiders game showed we were vulnerable here).
5. Moreno/McGahee (if in AFC Championship) need to be effecient and effective receiving threats. The Pats LB corps isn't really lightning fast. We need to be able to dump the ball and get some big plays from our RB's.

I think it can be done, it's just that we haven't put together a real "4 quarters" game against a great team this year. Maybe the Ravens game will be what this team needs to make it over the hump.

Broncomutt
12-11-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't want any part of New England.

I think we have the firepower to compete, but they just seem to play nearly mistake free football while we seem to have an obligatory bonehead play or plays each game.

Fumbling while switching hands, tripping over a blade of grass, losing a shoe to slow down a hurry up offense, flipping the ball before crossing the goal line on a KO return, burning a TO because you can't find the head coach to throw the red flag in time.

Love the direction we are headed, but I think the Pats stomp us if we play again. Hope I'm wrong.

TonyR
12-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Great read on the Pats linked below. If you're not afraid of them, you should be.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8734045/the-new-england-patriots-offense-historically-good-again

bronco_diesel
12-11-2012, 10:19 AM
I think the the Broncos would have a very good shot against them.

When they first played, NE came out with the fast-break offense. Denver will be more prepared for that this time.

We had Joe Mays as MLB. Brookings has been a clear upgrade, not to mention we have DJ back who would be much better suited for that fast-break offense.

Denver totally shot themselves in the foot the first half. Had DT scored on that first drive instead of fumbling, I think we see a totally different game.

The defense has really come on since then and so has DT. I would hope that KM can keep this up and if WM is back that only helps (if he doesn't fumble).

WolfpackGuy
12-11-2012, 10:24 AM
The Texans defense seemed to settle down after they got used to the pace, and it wasn't helping that their offense kept shooting themselves in the dick when it was still a game.

Looked very similar to the early parts of the Broncos-Pats game in October except the Broncos fought back to make it respectable.

ZONA
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM

This is what I think. One way or another, in round 1, round 2 or round 3, whatever. You're gonna have to beat NE because I think they will be in the AFC Championship game. I think we will end up going to NE but I think we can win there and will be in the Superbowl, and win the Superbowl. Nobody in the NFC scares me at all.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-11-2012, 10:27 AM
There were alot of people afraid of them last year. We had no business playing them cause we weren't nearly as good. But their 2011 team didnt beat one team with a winning record until the championship game. And if it wasn't for bobble hands in the endzone ravens would've won. Every year they play a cupcake schedule. They look unstoppable every year. They can be beat. Arizona went into their house and beat them. Seattle took it to them and made sure they knew about it after. They are beatable.

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
This is what I think. One way or another, in round 1, round 2 or round 3, whatever. You're gonna have to beat NE because I think they will be in the AFC Championship game. I think we will end up going to NE but I think we can win there and will be in the Superbowl, and win the Superbowl. Nobody in the NFC scares me at all.

The only team that concerns me in the NFC is the Giants. Just like last year, their regular season record is shaky.....but they are a complete team.

It would be soooooo epic to see the Manning brothers face off in the big dance.

Perhaps the league will "fix" it so that it will be so....... :)

gunns
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Brady's gonna beat u regardless. Might as well bring the heat and try and get some big shots in, rattle his cage a little. Don't mess with his legs but if you got an open shot.. It might be worth the fine.

I agree. The AFC divisional game we won, stats wise Brady had a great day. But I remember us being very successful at rattling him. I thought he was going to kill Lynch. He's not used to being rattled on a consistent basis.

Another thing isn't so much that they cause turnovers, it's the other team doing incredibly stupid things consistently, each week. But the Pats keep their eye on the ball at all times so as not to lose balls or to capitalize on other teams mistakes. Well disciplined, yes they are.

lonestar
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I say the staff needs to have that Seattle game on film. The 2nd half of that game the Seahawks strangled that patriots offense. Brady throws 58 times and only achieves 2 field goals in that half?

The key is personel the hawks have them we do not.

edog24
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
The Texans defense seemed to settle down after they got used to the pace, and it wasn't helping that their offense kept shooting themselves in the dick when it was still a game.

Looked very similar to the early parts of the Broncos-Pats game in October except the Broncos fought back to make it respectable.

It looked like NE called off the dogs once they got 21 easy ones. I think they could have scored in the 60s if they were full gas all night.

ScottXray
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
The key to us beating them is to not let them get up big early. Whether that is the defense getting to Brady or just not giving up TDs , and or the offense matching them score for score. You cannot let them get ahead early and allow the NE defense to tee off because you are one dimensional. They have done that to us the last few times and they did it to Houston last night. The difference was that Houstons QB could not get his shyt together last night, even though their defense adjusted well after the first 25 minutes.

It is hard to do but they depend on those early leads to set the tone and demoralise their opponents.

So it will take a no mistake offense and very good defense to keep in the game early.
If we can keep them to a 3-7 point lead, at most, early on or by the half I think we can take them, even in NE.

Also you have to keep their LB blitzes controlled. Ninkovich has been our thorn in the side the last 2 times getting to our QB and he must be accounted for.

Steve Sewell
12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Listening to the radio this morning, someone said (correctly, I believe) that the key to slowing the Patriots down is the ability to pass rush with only the front four while disguising coverage and minimizing mistakes from the back 7. They neutralized Watt and took advantage of man coverage all night which allowed them to destroy Houston in quick fashion (Houston's secondary is abysmal IMO)

It feels like the Broncos are building toward being able to effectively rush the passer with four, and to me right now the back 7 hasn't been better in awhile if you include the emergence of players like Carter, Harris, Travathan, and Morris. It feels like they should be able to match up well with the Pats in coverage. Add to that solid veteran play from Mike Adams and DJ Williams, and it seems like Denver is trending toward matching up really well overall with the Patriots come playoff time.

IMO...if Denver's offense can get off to a fast start and maintain what they are capable of producing, New England can't hang with them defensively...whereas Denver has a good chance of matching up pretty well defensively.

The big question is, when is Denver's offense going to put together a truly solid 4 quarters vs. a quality opponent?

sinuous sausage
12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
6-0 in favor of not scared, yet this whole forum is stuck on being petrified of playing in NE. Who cares who we play and where? Half the forum is afraid of Baltimore, as if today's Baltimore is yesterday's Colts, and Baltimore isn't even that good.

they kinda are, aren't they?

sinuous sausage
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM

I second this. Brady oftentimes looks oblivious to the fact he's playing football out there because he gets the ball out to his receivers so quickly. Roll the dice with some audacious blitzing early and, even if you dig a 7-0 or 10-0 hole in the first quarter, make sure he gets hit a few times. It'll pay dividends later on.

Sitting back and letting Welker scamper about on short out-routes only lets him get into a groove and score anyway. Bat down a couple passes and harry that handsome devil in the pocket. We have the pass rush personnel for it and the secondary is one of the most opportunistic I can remember. It only takes a few stalled drives from NE for PFM to put the game out of reach. Tho my biggest fear is being up 28-10 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game and Denver taking a blow with prevent defense. Then we lose 31-28 in OT.

Punisher
12-11-2012, 12:21 PM
We adjuist to the pats very well in the 2nd half just saying.

enjolras
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
We adjuist to the pats very well in the 2nd half just saying.

In the game earlier this season the Pats could have scored whatever they wanted. People here really discount just how thorough that beating was.

It's a different and much better defense today so I'll be curious to see how it matches up. I certainly wouldn't favor us to win unfortunately.

CEH
12-11-2012, 12:46 PM
The Pats and Brady in paticular are average during the 2nd half of games. You saw Hou force 4 consective 3 and outs . Should have been been 5 consective but the PI penalty allowed NE to score it's 3rd touchdown

That was 4 failed chances by Houstons offense to get back in a 21-0 game.

The Denver offense will need to show up in NE cause NE will put up 28 on any defense so our O will need to score 29 + unless weather conditions exists

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
I think without the turnovers we would have won the last game.

If we can get off the field on 3rd down I think we can beat them.

I would prefer to face them at home those quick run calls at the line were killer there. Being on the road in the playoffs they wouldn't be able to call that as easily.

g6matty
12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Where is clamchowda

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Where is clamchowda

Hopefully incarcerated.

rbackfactory80
12-11-2012, 01:46 PM
The playoffs are win or go home and Peyton has not been great historically in the playoffs. If he gets over the mental hurdles of all the **** games he played at Foxboro, and Denver plays a true game front to back, then I am not worried. Denver can't go in there and not score on their first 3 possessions and expect to have any chance.

I don't want the bye, call me crazy. This team needs to have and keep momentum. I almost am pulling for a loss this weekend because an 11 game streak going into the playoffs seems a little to much. (almost)

rbackfactory80
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
The playoffs are win or go home and Peyton has not been great historically in the playoffs. If he gets over the mental hurdles of all the **** games he played at Foxboro, and Denver plays a true game front to back, then I am not worried. Denver can't go in there and not score on their first 3 possessions and expect to have any chance.

I don't want the bye, call me crazy. This team needs to have and keep momentum. I almost am pulling for a loss this weekend because an 11 game streak going into the playoffs seems a little to much. (almost)

I say almost because we don't want to lose to every good team going into the playoffs.

sinuous sausage
12-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Hopefully incarcerated.

he'd have to change his handle to raidas4lyfe if that's the case

broncocalijohn
12-11-2012, 02:01 PM
It looked like NE called off the dogs once they got 21 easy ones. I think they could have scored in the 60s if they were full gas all night.

When was the last time Bellicheat has ever called off the dogs? Houston finally started to play some D for some brief moments.

cmhargrove
12-11-2012, 02:22 PM

I say almost because we don't want to lose to every good team going into the playoffs.

I think the bye week really helped this team gameplan for the Saints. I think it would only help us be more prepared for our eventual playoff opponent, and it also guarantees a divisional round home game. Our team is very good, but not tremendously deep. Minimize injuries, stay fresh.

I understand your point, but I think this new Broncos team benefits from a bye week. I don't think we have to fear the "lull" of a week off with Manning at the helm.

ozomulsion
12-11-2012, 06:58 PM
We don't match up well against the Pats, it's as simple as that. We don't apply QB pressure up the gut. They're the team I would least like to play in the playoffs.

maher_tyler
12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
44.44% of this boards members are pussies! Look between your legs to check and make sure you have a pair!

maher_tyler
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
In the game earlier this season the Pats could have scored whatever they wanted. People here really discount just how thorough that beating was.

It's a different and much better defense today so I'll be curious to see how it matches up. I certainly wouldn't favor us to win unfortunately.

We turned the ball over and had Joe Mays at MLB. Add to the fact Manning and the D have been playing much better since that game.

RedskinBronco
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
44.44% of this boards members are pussies! Look between your legs to check and make sure you have a pair!

I approve this message. It is what it is, if you want to be the champ; nothing should phase you.

I mean NE has a good advantage at home but it's not like the Broncos could not pull it off or anything...

I like this Broncos team and I think they will perform well in January and hopefully into February

TonyR
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
We don't match up well against the Pats, it's as simple as that. We don't apply QB pressure up the gut. They're the team I would least like to play in the playoffs.

Yup. That and we can't cover TE's, and they have two that can really make you pay.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Interesting that the patriots fanbase has gone into hysterics mode about the possibility of playing IN Denver. Lock up that 2 seed!

TonyR
12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Good read at IAOFM yesterday on defending the Pats:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/thinking-through-defending-the-patriots

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Good read at IAOFM yesterday on defending the Pats:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/thinking-through-defending-the-patriots

Interesting indeed. Lots of things can happen though assuming the broncos hold the 2 seed. Like the pats getting upset in the first round. Or Brady popping a knee. Etc etc.

Will be fun to see who would play against pats in 1st round if the broncos win these last 2 games

Agamemnon
12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
We would've beat them earlier this year without the stupid turnovers. I have no reason to believe we won't beat them if and when we see them again.

Agamemnon
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Their defense doesn't match up well against anything our offense does. So I fail to see your point.

Unless they win the turnover battle they don't have a prayer of beating us, especially at home.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Their defense doesn't match up well against anything our offense does. So I fail to see your point.

Unless they win the turnover battle they don't have a prayer of beating us, especially at home.

Yep. Their turnover ratio is some crazy positive number for them this year. Add in their no huddle and it increases their total offensive plays in a game. More offensive plays means more chances to score. When we played them the TOs and no huddle resulted in like 89 offensive plays for them. That's alot

55CrushEm
12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Yep. Their turnover ratio is some crazy positive number for them this year. Add in their no huddle and it increases their total offensive plays in a game. More offensive plays means more chances to score. When we played them the TOs and no huddle resulted in like 89 offensive plays for them. That's alot

This. Defensively, we have to get off the field on 3rd down.......and especially on 3rd and 17, we can't be giving up 19 yard runs to Boner.

Agamemnon
12-19-2012, 03:56 PM
~42% of OM posters are pussies.

Guess Who
09-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Nobody is scared of them anymore!!!!

broncocalijohn
09-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Not a good bump. Maybe we should find an old DPO thread of being scared of the Raiders. Brady hasn't been the same since 2011.

Chrissy Rules
09-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Not a good bump. Maybe we should find an old DPO thread of being scared of the Raiders. Brady hasn't been the same since 2011.

Looking like there may be some truth to Brady being done after this year. ESPN is at least making it look like its a possible..if so I think BB goes with him..

enjolras
09-30-2014, 06:29 AM
The Patriots will figure this out. They'll be in the playoffs and they will be a tough out.

Br0nc0Buster
09-30-2014, 01:00 PM
The Patriots will figure this out. They'll be in the playoffs and they will be a tough out.

No they won't
They might make the playoffs due to their division but they are not a good team anymore

Talent is the issue and that is not changing this year
They can't scheme away their issues with the Oline and WR corp

LikeABoss5820
09-30-2014, 02:28 PM
No they won't
They might make the playoffs due to their division but they are not a good team anymore

On offense, yes.

The defense has loads of talent but its the same problem post-Moss.

Teams arent afraid to get beat deep, they can keep their safeties close to the LOS, and press/bump the WR's all game.

Br0nc0Buster
09-30-2014, 02:49 PM
On offense, yes.

The defense has loads of talent but its the same problem post-Moss.

Teams arent afraid to get beat deep, they can keep their safeties close to the LOS, and press/bump the WR's all game.

Their defense isn't even that good
They have a good secondary but that is it
Outside of Chandler Jones who is playing well in their front 7?
Wilfork looks like he is done
Their LBs are supposed to be run stuffers given they can't cover that well
And we all saw how well they defended the run last night

Even Revis has been getting beat
Their defense got straight up steamrolled last night

pricejj
09-30-2014, 03:02 PM

It's like trying to play Seahawk-ball, without the talent, and without a QB who can won games with his feet.

pricejj
09-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Looking like there may be some truth to Brady being done after this year. ESPN is at least making it look like its a possible..if so I think BB goes with him..

All they need is a couple real Offensive weapons. They'll have the cap space to do whatever they want next year.

Samiwindr
09-30-2014, 03:18 PM

^ This.

They are going to roast the Bengals next weekend for revenge and then proceed to pull out a 12-4 season. You can never sleep on the Patriots no matter how bad they look. They proved it against us in the regular season last year. I absolutely hate Brady and respect the hell out of Belichick. I cant wait for them to be a basement team, but it's not happening this year.

Two things everyone should know:

1) BB sold his soul for football greatness

2) God kills a kitten every time Tom's hair is out of place.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-30-2014, 03:19 PM
All they need is a couple real Offensive weapons. They'll have the cap space to do whatever they want next year.

Not if they want to keep Revis. An o-line wouldn't hurt either.

They can improve themselves for sure but I can't see them fixing everything in one offseason.

fontaine
09-30-2014, 03:28 PM
^ This.

They are going to roast the Bengals next weekend for revenge and then proceed to pull out a 12-4 season. You can never sleep on the Patriots no matter how bad they look.

No they are not.

The Bengals have a very capable secondary and front 7 that can handle multiple matchups.

The problem with the Patriots is pretty simple. They are over reliant on their entire passing game built around the hash marks because they don't have good WRs outside and since their OL has been mediocre it's pretty easy to defend that kind of offense with no real running threat.

Brady isn't the problem. It's whoever has been making personnel decisions.

Mike Shanahan made the same mistake. The threat of Manning in Indy was so real that every year he over spent on DBs while ignoring the trenches.

Chrissy Rules
09-30-2014, 03:39 PM

As long as it doesn't happen before we play them..hoping that the Pats beat SD though..other then that its nice to see the dynasty fall.

pricejj
09-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Not if they want to keep Revis. An o-line wouldn't hurt either.

They can improve themselves for sure but I can't see them fixing everything in one offseason.

Their OL is set now, with rookies who will get better by the week. Revis won't command much more than he's already making, so that's not a problem. I expect them to make a run at a guy like Knighton this offseason.

As long as Brady is playing, they're a threat. His contract had guarantees that ensure he'll be there at least a couple more years, unless they trade him away.

Even if they can't put it together this year, it's not the last we see of them. They have ammo for one last hurrah with Brady, if they use it wisely.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Their OL is set now, with rookies who will get better by the week.

I'm not so sure about that.

I do agree they can make another run if BB is smart about his moves. He hasn't been the last few years though so we'll see.

Cito Pelon
09-30-2014, 05:34 PM
No they won't

That's pretty much the way I see it.

LikeABoss5820
09-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Their OL is set now, with rookies who will get better by the week. Revis won't command much more than he's already making, so that's not a problem. I expect them to make a run at a guy like Knighton this offseason.

As long as Brady is playing, they're a threat. His contract had guarantees that ensure he'll be there at least a couple more years, unless they trade him away.

Even if they can't put it together this year, it's not the last we see of them. They have ammo for one last hurrah with Brady, if they use it wisely.

Stork looks good but the interior of that OL is concerning. Solder/Vollmer havent look good so far.

If NE looks like crap, i expect they'll turn it around but still alot of tough games, why would Revis stay especially after Tommy Kelly's comments.

Brady's contract basically guarantees he's there for 2 more years after this year, so much dead money if he's traded/cut.

To Knighton, not impossible but i hope/expect Den to try and retain him.

NE has alot of big salaries, Revis' contract is weirdly setup.

pricejj
09-30-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm not so sure about that.

I do agree they can make another run if BB is smart about his moves. He hasn't been the last few years though so we'll see.

As long as you have a HOFer QB and a decent Defense, you always have a chance. They are guaranteed to win the crappy AFC East. For them it always comes down to home-field advantage or not. Without it, they get hammered.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-30-2014, 06:13 PM
As long as you have a HOFer QB and a decent Defense, you always have a chance. They are guaranteed to win the crappy AFC East. For them it always comes down to home-field advantage or not. Without it, they get hammered.

I've always wondered how things would be different if the east had been even remotely consistently competitive.

pricejj
09-30-2014, 06:36 PM
I've always wondered how things would be different if the east had been even remotely consistently competitive.

It actually kinda works out. NE faces so little adversity, that they choke when the going gets tough.

gunns
10-01-2014, 05:42 AM

Really. This kind of thinking is why the Broncos haven't won a SB in 16 years and NE 10 years. So Wilson is a HOFer and the Seahawks D was only decent. So Joe Flacco is a HOFer and the Ravens D was only decent. And the year before that, who had the HOFer QB and the decent defense? The losers. Out of the top 9 ranked teams this year, 7 are known for their defense, not their QB's, but those 2 defenses are starting to look good.

v2micca
10-01-2014, 05:50 AM
Von Miller has historically stepped up for games against the Patriots. Right now he has to be looking at their mess of an offensive line and licking his chops.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
10-01-2014, 05:56 AM
Von Miller has historically stepped up for games against the Patriots. Right now he has to be looking at their mess of an offensive line and licking his chops.

He was going nuts during the first half of the game last year. That was something else.

TheReverend
10-01-2014, 06:35 AM

He was held completely statless and incurred a 15 yard personal foul penalty in the 2012 rout.

v2micca
10-01-2014, 07:35 AM
He was held completely statless and incurred a 15 yard personal foul penalty in the 2012 rout.

That's why I used the word "historically" instead of "always". But yeah, he did not show up for that play-off loss his rookie season.

pricejj
10-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Really. This kind of thinking is why the Broncos haven't won a SB in 16 years and NE 10 years. So Wilson is a HOFer and the Seahawks D was only decent. So Joe Flacco is a HOFer and the Ravens D was only decent. And the year before that, who had the HOFer QB and the decent defense? The losers. Out of the top 9 ranked teams this year, 7 are known for their defense, not their QB's, but those 2 defenses are starting to look good.

I didn't say it was the ONLY way to win, but it is how NE has remained in contention for the last decade plus. And it is also why NE is not just going to fade off the map.

The deathstar is crumbling, but it's not blown up yet. Dmac dropped a reference to that yesterday on the radio btw. Pretty awesome :-)

TheReverend
10-01-2014, 08:44 AM
That's why I used the word "historically" instead of "always". But yeah, he did not show up for that play-off loss his rookie season.

If he's played in 2 career games against the Patriots and one was dominant and the other completely abysmal, how do you feel that is "historically stepping up"?

That's what I'm missing here.

Sly_Eli
10-01-2014, 08:51 AM
If he's played in 2 career games against the Patriots and one was dominant and the other completely abysmal, how do you feel that is "historically stepping up"?

That's what I'm missing here.

Von has beaten Solder like a drum in each of the two regular season match ups in the Manning era. That, combined with the fact that solder looks like garbage currently, should have Von licking his chops.

The playoff game his rookie year was a bit of an aberration, and he was never the same player that season once he broke his thumb and started wearing the cast.

TheReverend
10-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Von has beaten Solder like a drum in each of the two regular season match ups in the Manning era. That, combined with the fact that solder looks like garbage currently, should have Von licking his chops.

The playoff game his rookie year was a bit of an aberration, and he was never the same player that season once he broke his thumb and started wearing the cast.

Oh ya know what, I'm missing a game.

I forgot about the 2012 reg season game.

NFLBRONCO
10-01-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm more worried about our staff stepping up vs who we are playing.

24champ
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Hopefully Elway can sign Brady after Manning retires. It's inevitable that the Brady/patriot divorce is going to happen soon.

TheReverend
10-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Hopefully Elway can sign Brady after Manning retires. It's inevitable that the Brady/patriot divorce is going to happen soon.

I'd prefer we just break Tom before Peyton retires.

Kaylore
10-01-2014, 10:02 AM

The more likely scenario is Bill unloads him for a high pick and then leans on Janeane Garofalo.

I was kind of expecting Eli to be available and we move from Peyton to Eli. But I think for better or worse we're going to be watching the Wizard of Ozweiler for at least a couple of seasons.

Gutless Drunk
10-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Hopefully Elway can sign Brady after Manning retires.

Not sure if serious.

Considering he is only a year younger and declining considerably faster than Manning is there would be no point to this.

24champ
10-01-2014, 10:11 AM
I'd prefer we just break Tom before Peyton retires.

Belichick is trying to do that himself. Tom got literally no help this offseason and instead of drafting a WR with great hands and decent speed in Davante Adams, they get as Kahn says, Jeannine Frapolo. Tom sees Elway reload and surround Manning with talent. On top of that, Tom sees his best lineman get traded for peanuts.

There are actual quotes from Brady himself prior to the season that he expects to be cut sometime in the near future. Mentally I think Brady checked out of New England after all he's done to help the org and he's getting royally screwed there.

24champ
10-01-2014, 10:14 AM
The more likely scenario is Bill unloads him for a high pick and then leans on Janeane Garofalo.

I was kind of expecting Eli to be available and we move from Peyton to Eli. But I think for better or worse we're going to be watching the Wizard of Ozweiler for at least a couple of seasons.

Ozzy has potential but I am weary of throwing him a large contract once it is up.

I thought about Eli as well, Florio mentioned that type of scenario on the Dan Patrick Show. It depends on the Giants season, if they miss the playoffs again then I can see wholesale changes being made including Eli getting dumped.

bronco militia
10-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Not sure if serious.

Considering he is only a year younger and declining considerably faster than Manning is there would be no point to this.

Brady needs stem cells

24champ
10-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Not sure if serious.

It would appear that way wouldn't it?

But compare the supporting cast they both have. Brady is working with players from the trash heap.

Br0nc0Buster
10-01-2014, 10:35 AM

But compare the supporting cast they both have. Brady is working with players from the trash heap.

Brady can't throw the ball beyond 15 yards with any accuracy
Even when he gets time in the pocket he is delivering junk balls

He's running on fumes
Peyton on the other hand looks like he could play until he is 40

Gutless Drunk
10-01-2014, 10:38 AM

That is the currently popular refrain. I even saw one media member say "before you defame Tommy, he has no help"...lol. "Defame"? Never heard that when Peyton gets ripped.

Brady's decline is not wholly due to having no help. His accuracy has deteriorated. It's clearly visible if you watch the game. He short hops outs now. Manning has been able to adjust while relying on his anticipation-however he still is quite accurate.

Here is a good breakdown on Brady -
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/01/analysis-notebook-week-4-3/

Wherever you stand on the Manning vs Brady argument on a historical basis, there is little doubt Manning is vastly superior at this juncture. Strangely there is more concern in the media about Manning's age when Brady is only one year younger.

crush17
10-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Good read. I felt like his passes were WAY off watching him on Monday. Just didn't look the same as they normally have.

NFLBRONCO
10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
That is the currently popular refrain. I even saw one media member say "before you defame Tommy, he has no help"...lol. "Defame"? Never heard that when Peyton gets ripped.

Brady's decline is not wholly due to having no help. His accuracy has deteriorated. It's clearly visible if you watch the game. He short hops outs now. Manning has been able to adjust while relying on his anticipation-however he still is quite accurate.

Here is a good breakdown on Brady -
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/01/analysis-notebook-week-4-3/

Wherever you stand on the Manning vs Brady argument on a historical basis, there is little doubt Manning is vastly superior at this juncture. Strangely there is more concern in the media about Manning's age when Brady is only one year younger.

Only way we could really tell is if Brady had the exact weapons Manning has.

Of course what I find funny is media said, nothing last year with NE skill players and now its an issue lol. I hope Brady is decling

Gutless Drunk
10-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Of course what I find funny is media said, nothing last year with NE skill players and now its an issue lol. I hope Brady is decling

Brady has also been in the same system forever. Manning completely switched teams.

Brady's passer rating has gone from 2012-6th to 2013-17th to 29th current

Manning's has been 2012-2nd, 2013-2nd to 4th current.

I understand his ****ty GM failed him, but if you are the GOAT you should be able to do better than 29th.

gunns
10-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Belichick is trying to do that himself. Tom got literally no help this offseason and instead of drafting a WR with great hands and decent speed in Davante Adams, they get as Kahn says, Jeannine Frapolo. Tom sees Elway reload and surround Manning with talent. On top of that, Tom sees his best lineman get traded for peanuts.

There are actual quotes from Brady himself prior to the season that he expects to be cut sometime in the near future. Mentally I think Brady checked out of New England after all he's done to help the org and he's getting royally screwed there.

I think that's because BB has the same condition Shanahan had, Major Ego. It should do him in just like Shanahan

v2micca
10-01-2014, 01:40 PM

If we are going to indulge in the fantasy of vulturing another team's franchise QB I would set my sites higher than the 2015 and beyond version of Tom Brady.

The problem is that Peyton is going to spoil us rotten for at least another season. Anyone we bring in is going to require a huge expectation re-calibration once Manning hangs them up.

Gutless Drunk
10-01-2014, 01:47 PM
If we are going to indulge in the fantasy of vulturing another team's franchise QB I would set my sites higher than the 2015 and beyond version of Tom Brady.

The problem is that Peyton is going to spoil us rotten for at least another season. Anyone we bring in is going to require a huge expectation re-calibration once Manning hangs them up.

Yea...I realized this watching other teams. They make playing QB look really hard. Nothing like what I have become accustom to.

Rausch 2.0
10-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Brady has both O line and skill position issues.

When KC's secondary can shut down Gronk you know he's either injured or not the same player...

24champ
10-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I think that's because BB has the same condition Shanahan had, Major Ego. It should do him in just like Shanahan

But Shanny's ego brought Elway players he needed. Elway needed a good supporting cast to win those two Super Bowls. What BB is doing to Brady is redicoulus and not even what Shanny would contemplate when you have a QB of that caliber.

It's too bad, I like the Brady vs Manning hype machine and am glad I witnessed last years matchup in the AFCCG.

24champ
10-01-2014, 03:33 PM

Denver is always going to have astronomical expectations of their QB. It started with Elway and every QB since with the exception of Manning has struggled under that shadow. Griese often complained about the pressure, as did Plummer. Anyone think Ozzy is ready for the spotlight and deal with that kind of pressure?

Armchair Bronco
10-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I just saw a re-broadcast of Belichick's press conference leading into Week 5. He just kept repeating "We're getting ready for Cincinnati." over and over whenever he was asked about Brady. Really funny.

BroncoMan4ever
10-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Yep, just what the team needs after Peyton. An older version of the current Brady that is in rapid decline, doesn't seem to give much of a **** about football or his team and is a piece of **** teammate.

BroncoMan4ever
10-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Denver is always going to have astronomical expectations of their QB. It started with Elway and every QB since with the exception of Manning has struggled under that shadow. Griese often complained about the pressure, as did Plummer. Anyone think Ozzy is ready for the spotlight and deal with that kind of pressure?

The pressure that Oz will face is dependent on what Peyton does the next few seasons. If Peyton puts together a Super Bowl winner or 2 then the expectations on being the heir to the throne are astronomical. If we reach playoffs and have letdowns in the next few seasons and Peyton retires, then the expectations are much more manageable. The Griese, Cutler, Orton and Tebow years did a good job of lowering the expectations of the QB in Denver. Peyton raised those expectations but unless he wins the expectations won't be as high as they were for Griese.

And yes, I purposely left out Plummer from the list of mistake QB's. He was getting the job done and needed a little help, not his replacement drafted.

Maleficent
10-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Tom Brady gave passive high-fives to the other offensive players coming off the field ó Gronk, Julian Edelman, the offensive linemen ó but stayed clear of Garoppolo. Brady didnít offer him any congratulations or daps.

When they returned to the bench, McDaniels sat in between them ó Brady on the bench, Garoppolo on a water cooler. The two quarterbacks didnít appear to speak. Brady watched the rest of the game silently with his arms folded, with no teammate coming within 20 feet of him.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/tom-brady-jimmy-garoppolo-congratulate-td-pass-benching

pricejj
10-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Patriots aren't terrible. They had a bad game. It happens.

broncocalijohn
10-01-2014, 07:02 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/tom-brady-jimmy-garoppolo-congratulate-td-pass-benching

We need the gif of him trying to get a high five from anyone but had no takers.

gunns
10-01-2014, 07:28 PM
But Shanny's ego brought Elway players he needed. Elway needed a good supporting cast to win those two Super Bowls. What BB is doing to Brady is redicoulus and not even what Shanny would contemplate when you have a QB of that caliber.

It's too bad, I like the Brady vs Manning hype machine and am glad I witnessed last years matchup in the AFCCG.

Shanahan's ego didn't shine until Elway left.

SouthStndJunkie
10-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I didn't think it would happen this quickly, but I really could see the Belicock dumping Tom Brady after this season if Brady plays like this all season and the Belicock thinks the team is ready for a youth movement and feels Jimmy Garoppolo is ready to start next season.

In previous seasons, Tom Brady wouldn't have come out of that game on Monday Night, the Belicock benched him and Tom Brady was pissed about it....and I'm sure he's already pissed off about a lot of the moves that have been made the last few seasons.

The Belicock has never had a problem getting rid of older QBs like Bernie Kosar and Drew Bledsoe the moment he felt like he could move on from them with a better option....Tom Brady has been his QB for a long time, but the Belicock doesn't operate with any sentiment in mind.

Who knows, maybe Tom Brady pissed him off at some point and time and the Belicock is ready to move on, as it seems like that's the direction he's been moving to the last season or two with the moves that have been made/not made in regards to the offense. Maybe the Belicock thinks Tom Brady simply isn't an elite QB any longer. He's certainly not surrounding Tom Brady with talent to make one last Super Bowl run in the next few seasons like Denver has been doing with Peyton Manning.

These moves look like someone who wants to stock up on defense and play some young talent on offense, including a young QB. I think the Belicock is thinking he can't win another Super Bowl with Tom Brady, so he's already transitioning into the next team he's trying to build.

It makes me wonder how Robert Kraft will respond to all of this? I know he loves Tom Brady, but he can't really do like Pat Bowlen did in Denver and choose John Elway over Dan Reeves, as John Elway was only like 32 when that happened. Tom Brady is 37 and would be 38 next season when the decision would need to made. I'm sure Kraft would prefer to see Tom Brady retire a Patriot....but will he stand in the way of the Belicock? I don't think he will, unless he's getting tired of the Belicock and thinks it's time to move on from him. That could be the surprise move.

If the Belicock did kick Tom Brady to da curb, what teams would be a good fit for him?

I'll throw out a few possibilities....Arizona, St. Louis, Houston, and Miami.

LikeABoss5820
10-01-2014, 08:06 PM
^ This.

They are going to roast the Bengals next weekend for revenge and then proceed to pull out a 12-4 season. You can never sleep on the Patriots no matter how bad they look.

Cincy is one of the most complete teams in the league.

Dalton has barely been touched this season, two good RB's, loads of playmakers, top 5 defense.

NE could very well win this week but they are not going to blow out a very good Cincy squad even at home.

LikeABoss5820
10-01-2014, 08:07 PM
And i wouldnt sign Brady, and two, his contract makes it impossible to cut him until the last year of his contract.

For the people who say he took a paycut.

There's MASSIVE dead money hits if he's traded/cut until 2017.

LikeABoss5820
10-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Manning could make it work with what Brady has.

Now, as good as the last 2-3 years in Den, no.

But Brady has missed/made some god awful throws this year, and looked dreadful this year so far.

He could turn it around.

His OL isnt great, his WR's arent either i know but if he's as good as the media says he his, shouldnt he make some of their younger players into stars/good players at least?

LikeABoss5820
10-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I didn't think it would happen this quickly, but I really could see the Belicock dumping Tom Brady after this season if Brady plays like this all season and the Belicock thinks the team is ready for a youth movement and feels Jimmy Garoppolo is ready to start next season.

In previous seasons, Tom Brady wouldn't have come out of that game on Monday Night, the Belicock benched him and Tom Brady was pissed about it....and I'm sure he's already pissed off about a lot of the moves that have been made the last few seasons.

The Belicock has never had a problem getting rid of older QBs like Bernie Kosar and Drew Bledsoe the moment he felt like he could move on from them with a better option....Tom Brady has been his QB for a long time, but the Belicock doesn't operate with any sentiment in mind.

Who knows, maybe Tom Brady pissed him off at some point and time and the Belicock is ready to move on, as it seems like that's the direction he's been moving to the last season or two with the moves that have been made/not made in regards to the offense. Maybe the Belicock thinks Tom Brady simply isn't an elite QB any longer. He's certainly not surrounding Tom Brady with talent to make one last Super Bowl run in the next few seasons like Denver has been doing with Peyton Manning.

These moves look like someone who wants to stock up on defense and play some young talent on offense, including a young QB. I think the Belicock is thinking he can't win another Super Bowl with Tom Brady, so he's already transitioning into the next team he's trying to build.

It makes me wonder how Robert Kraft will respond to all of this? I know he loves Tom Brady, but he can't really do like Pat Bowlen did in Denver and choose John Elway over Dan Reeves, as John Elway was only like 32 when that happened. Tom Brady is 37 and would be 38 next season when the decision would need to made. I'm sure Kraft would prefer to see Tom Brady retire a Patriot....but will he stand in the way of the Belicock? I don't think he will, unless he's getting tired of the Belicock and thinks it's time to move on from him. That could be the surprise move.

If the Belicock did kick Tom Brady to da curb, what teams would be a good fit for him?

Read post 190, Brady cant be traded/cut until 2017 unless NE wants to eat lots of dead money.

I agree he could get traded but his contract structured how it is makes it impossible to do so until 2 years AFTER this year.

2015- 18 mil in dead money.

2016- 12 mil in dead money, only save 2 mil.

2017 they save 9 mil.

The way his contract was done, a big signing bonus making it impossible to cut him without tons of dead money hits.

There would be teams out there definately, definately but contract wise its impossible unless NE wants to eat alot of dead money.

SouthStndJunkie
10-01-2014, 08:35 PM
That will make for an interesting situation then, as I don't see Belicock wanting to hang on to Brady and play him for 2 more seasons if he's ready to move on.

The salary cap is supposed to keep going up every season, but that's a lot of dead money on the books.

Maleficent
10-01-2014, 08:48 PM
We need the gif of him trying to get a high five from anyone but had no takers.

http://i.minus.com/ib2lbzw0g67Qew.gif
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/brady.gif
http://i.minus.com/iyUT8ItZVYXhQ.gif

ScottXray
10-01-2014, 11:53 PM

Actually I think Bradys skill set is deteriorating quickly. And Bellicheat will try to unload him , yes, but I don't think anyone is going to give much for him if anything. His contract is somewhat backloaded now too, so I think Brady stays a Pat till the end.

But the end is coming sooner than most thought.

Guess Who
10-02-2014, 01:37 AM

To be fair they did bring in Amedola last year, They had young WRS on the team they expected to emerge and Edleman himself had over 100 catches last year. They expected Gronk back healthy and the team to improve. Most of the experts expected this as well.

Guess Who
10-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Actually I think Bradys skill set is deteriorating quickly. And Bellicheat will try to unload him , yes, but I don't think anyone is going to give much for him if anything. His contract is somewhat backloaded now too, so I think Brady stays a Pat till the end.

But the end is coming sooner than most thought.

There was a lot of talk last year and in 2012 of Brady's skills declining. They were saying his arm strength was going and he could not throw the deep ball very well. If you watched his games last year and this year I tend to agree with those people.

Blueflame
10-02-2014, 04:32 AM
With the Bengals next on their schedule, I suppose it might be possible that the Patriots simply "looked past" the Chefs -- underestimating them and presuming the game to already be in the "W" column before opening kickoff. Actually, imagining that mindset to be true makes the buttkicking (on national tv) even more enjoyable.

v2micca
10-02-2014, 05:57 AM
When you break it down, the Patriots problems are actually depressingly mundane. They haven't drafted particularly well lately and their core players have declined. They are still making solid free agent moves, but Belicheck knows better than anyone that you build through the draft and supplement through free agency. So, while they will still be a solid team this year, their Championship aspirations will probably need to be tempered until they put together a couple of solid drafts.

ScottXray
10-02-2014, 08:50 AM
When you break it down, the Patriots problems are actually depressingly mundane. They haven't drafted particularly well lately and their core players have declined. They are still making solid free agent moves, but Belicheck knows better than anyone that you build through the draft and supplement through free agency. So, while they will still be a solid team this year, their Championship aspirations will probably need to be tempered until they put together a couple of solid drafts.

Which is going to be harder, considering that Bellis " farm clubs " are not giving him picks for nothing anymore. He robbed Tampa last year...But this year only got a 6th or 7th for Mankins. Saved some cap. But he is stuck with Bradys cap numbers for the next couple of years...no one is going to eat that for him. He might get to trade him if NE agrees to pay half or more of his salary for a couple of years. But he is not getting a number 1 or 2 for a declining 37 + year old QB.

Belli will have to pay to keep some of his better stars, and his habit of screwing older vets then dumping them is now well known. NE is not going to be a place that vets want to go to without up front money on long term deals.

Since Belli also has not been drafting well, it could be that Bellicheats time with NE is slipping away, along with Bradys arm. The Krafts can see what everyone else can.

ColoradoDarin
10-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Beats Tom Brady to the punch and Belicheat retires... Brady doesn't win and people go on to laud Belicheat for making Brady instead of the other way around. Spends a couple of years in "retirement" only to come out again to join a team ready to win.

LikeABoss5820
10-02-2014, 05:21 PM

They've actually drafted really well lately.

McCourty, Ridley, Vereen, Chandler Jones, Hightower, Collins, Dennard, Ryan, Solder, Edelman, etc, etc.

Unfortunately BB cant hit at WR in the draft to save his life.