PDA

View Full Version : If we can't get the bye....

LetsGoBroncos
12-10-2012, 07:06 PM
I sure as hell hope we can avoid NE in the second round. Hopefully they get upset and if we make it to the title game we don't have to play them. If Houston wins out they are the #1 seed so we would be better off being the #4. That way we would play Indy instead of maybe Pittsburgh in the first round, and would more than likely play Houston in round 2. Worst case scenario is for us to end up #3 and NE ends up#2. That guarantees a second round matchup if we win our first game.

I should also state I have every confidence we can beat them. But I would rather not go to Foxboro if we don't have to.

extralife
12-10-2012, 07:12 PM
yeah, I mean, has the three seed ever been so clearly worse than the four seed before? easier matchups in both rounds.

Br0nc0Buster
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I have been saying this for a while

It would almost benefit us to lose to Baltimore if we cant get the #2 seed

I would rather than travel to Houston than play New England

g00fyfoot
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Winning in Mass in January would be awesome.

RhymesayersDU
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah this is a rough game. Agreed the #4 seed looking a lot better assuming the Texans hold on to #1.

Punisher
12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
This is pussy talk, I'm not scared of New England i honestly think we're a better team than them.

Eldorado
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Winning in Mass in January would be awesome.

Fo show. Great post.

spdirty
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
If we have to play them there I'd rather it be in the AFCCG. Then we won't have them coming off a bye.

sgbfan
12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
This is p***Y talk, I'm not scared of New England i honestly think we're a better team than them.

Yeah, but 2 healthy TE's and home field advantage will be tough.

sgbfan
12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I sure as hell hope we can avoid NE in the second round. Hopefully they get upset and if we make it to the title game we don't have to play them. If Houston wins out they are the #1 seed so we would be better off being the #4. That way we would play Indy instead of maybe Pittsburgh in the first round, and would more than likely play Houston in round 2. Worst case scenario is for us to end up #3 and NE ends up#2. That guarantees a second round matchup if we win our first game.

I should also state I have every confidence we can beat them. But I would rather not go to Foxboro if we don't have to.

Houston still has to play Indy 2 times, so them winning out is far from guaranteed.

Hamrob
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Texans - bye
New England - bye
Denver - 3rd seed
Baltimore - 4th seed
Indy - 5th seed
Pitt - 6th seed

Round 1:

Pitt @ Den
Indy @ Balt

Round 2:

Den @ NE
Balt @ HST

AFC Championship

Den @ HST

spdirty
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Houston still has to play Indy 2 times, so them winning out is far from guaranteed.

Well, there might not be anything for Indy to play for in week 17, and we all know how chickenshlt their FO was just a few short years ago. Maybe they sit their starters for that one if there isn't anything to play for.

LetsGoBroncos
12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Texans - bye
New England - bye
Denver - 3rd seed
Baltimore - 4th seed
Indy - 5th seed
Pitt - 6th seed

Round 1:

Pitt @ Den
Indy @ Balt

Round 2:

Den @ NE
Balt @ HST

AFC Championship

Den @ HST

And if we get the 4 and Balt gets the 3 like I'm saying we play Houston instead of NE

BroncoMan4ever
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
This is p***Y talk, I'm not scared of New England i honestly think we're a better team than them.

Hell yeah! This isn't the same tram NE beat up on earlier this year. Personally I'd love a revenge tour playoffs. First Manning shows Luck how it's done, next Denver curb stomps Brady on his turf, then we march on Houston on ourway to destroying Atlanta in the super bowl.

Kaylore
12-10-2012, 07:39 PM
If we can't beat the Patriots we don't deserve to win the Super Bowl. I think we can.

RaiderH8r

Then you missed our game in MA in week five.

http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/thumbs/2012/07/26/rape-ewok-prepare-your-anus_134327252369.jpg (http://gotsmile.net/164903/rape-ewok-prepare-your-anus)

Harvitz81
**** it! Bring them on. If we can't beat them and all the teams in our path to the superbowl then we don't deserve to win it all.

Br0nc0Buster
12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Actually if New England wins out and Houston drops a game then New England gets the first seed and we would want to 3rd

I think we should try and win out and let the chips fall where they may

I think we can beat New England, but I am not super confident in that

SonOfLe-loLang
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
I think we can beat any team but I'd rather not meet roethlisberger and Brady in the playoffs

RaiderH8r
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Now Brady comes out and hangs another 7 on Houston.

Br0nc0Buster
12-10-2012, 07:43 PM

http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/thumbs/2012/07/26/rape-ewok-prepare-your-anus_134327252369.jpg (http://gotsmile.net/164903/rape-ewok-prepare-your-anus)

We played like **** and their gameplan was just to pick on Joe Mays all game long

I dont know what is up with Houston, but the Patriots are not THIS good

If we play well I think we can hang with them

SonOfLe-loLang
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
And I'm sure NE would rather not face us either

sgbfan
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, there might not be anything for Indy to play for in week 17, and we all know how chickenshlt their FO was just a few short years ago. Maybe they sit their starters for that one if there isn't anything to play for.

Very true. But if they win out, they can win the division, so they have plenty to play for next week. By the way, who scheduled them to play 2 times in 3 weeks?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM

This.

Don't let that patriot fan Action see you guys shaking. He already thinks "every single broncos fan" is scared of his favorite team.

Edit. You know I'm just ****in with you A

BroncosSR
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
F*ck it. We'll beat them all.

oubronco
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
We played like **** and their gameplan was just to pick on Joe Mays all game long

I dont know what is up with Houston, but the Patriots are not THIS good

If we play well I think we can hang with them

They have been this good for most of the season where have you been

Bacchus
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I have been saying this for a while

It would almost benefit us to lose to Baltimore if we cant get the #2 seed

I would rather than travel to Houston than play New England

You do not know who is the 1 or 2 seed now. Pats own tie breaker if Houston loses one of their games to the Colts they will become the 2 seed.

Br0nc0Buster
12-10-2012, 08:33 PM
They have been this good for most of the season where have you been

They got beat by the Hawks and Cards in Foxboro
They are not 5 TDs better than everyone else

lonestar
12-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Obviously you are not watching the game tonight.

LongDongJohnson
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
If we dont play them in round 2 we will probably play them in round 3 so whatever.

ZONA
12-10-2012, 09:47 PM
**** it. We'll beat them all.

That's the attitude. Enough of this pussy crap out there being afraid to go to NE. Go back and watch our 1st game against them. Remember, this was a team just coming together. New QB, DC, much much more. We made mistake to beat ourselves in the 1st half and we dominated NE in the 2nd half. Be confident. NE can be beat in NE. I mean for godsake, the Arizona Cardinals beat NE in NE, and they have the worst offensive line in football and their QB's all suck as well. And that was a fully healthy NE team I might add.

ScottXray
12-10-2012, 10:08 PM
We can STILL get the bye.

Maybe Houston is really starting to slide. They still have to play
3 games and 2 are against Indy. They still haven't been able to clinch their division, and only finally won it last year becasue Peyton couldn't play. If they lose next week that team will get desperate....and desparation usually leads to turnovers and more losing.

Maybe the 49ers can get to Brady next week, maybe not.
It DOES NOT MATTER!

There is only ONE thing the Broncos can control...they can beat anyone they play and let the scoreboard tell the story. Win out and see where we are, at the end.

We will play whoever is sent to Denver and beat them. If thats the first round or not is secondary to it being a playoff game. Going on the road has
NOT been a problem for this team since the beginning of the year . We lost the first 2 and have won 5 in row on the road since, with 2 being to the East coast.

It would be nice to have a bye.... but it isn't necessary.

Pseudofool
12-10-2012, 10:40 PM
If Pats win out and Houston loses one of their games to Indy, Pats would earn the #1 seed.

Almost any likely scenario of a Broncos SB appearance involves road games in Houston and Foxboro, the order hardly matters.

NFLBRONCO
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Actually I'd rather go to Foxboro in Div round vs AFCCG. Seems like most of the top seed upsets happen after bye week.

baja
12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
If Pats win out and Houston loses one of their games to Indy, Pats would earn the #1 seed.

Almost any likely scenario of a Broncos SB appearance involves road games in Houston and Foxboro, the order hardly matters.

BUT;

If NE loses 1 = 12 - 4

If Houston loses 2 = 12 - 4

If we win out 13 - 3

It will be HAT with the HAT TRICK

doonwise
12-10-2012, 11:15 PM
If we can't stop NE's running game with our nickel, we're in trouble yet again. The reality is that our recent competition hasn't been too stiff and our first game with NE wasn't as close as the score indicated. All that being said, I would love to crush NE in a snow game at foxboro.

Doggcow
12-11-2012, 12:21 AM
If we can't stop NE's running game with our nickel, we're in trouble yet again. The reality is that our recent competition hasn't been too stiff and our first game with NE wasn't as close as the score indicated. All that being said, I would love to crush NE in a snow game at foxboro.

Actually the game was that close.

But I guess all the garbage time wins have people confused.

Archer81
12-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Im not afraid of New England. I dont have to play them.

As for the Broncos, they should not be afraid either. NE will do what they do. Dont turn it over and smack Brady in his overlarge teeth and you win. The formula for beating him has not changed in 12 years.

:Broncos:

Jesterhole
12-11-2012, 05:42 AM
If we want to think of our team as a Super Bowl team, we can't start wringing our hands over all this stuff. We need to feel like we can go anywhere and beat anyone, otherwise, we aren't a championship caliber team.

baja
12-11-2012, 06:35 AM
If we want to think of our team as a Super Bowl team, we can't start wringing our hands over all this stuff. We need to feel like we can go anywhere and beat anyone, otherwise, we aren't a championship caliber team.

Good point.

Wes Mantooth
12-11-2012, 07:20 AM
revenge tour II. if you can't beat 'em all, it wasn't meant to be.

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Actually if New England wins out and Houston drops a game then New England gets the first seed and we would want to 3rdI think we should try and win out and let the chips fall where they may

I think we can beat New England, but I am not super confident in that

I think this is likely. Additionally, even if we lose to Baltimore this weekend.....I'm confident that we'll still finish with the 3-seed (ahead of Baltimore).....cause Baltimore will drop 1 of their final 2.

Here's how I see it....

Pats win out, and Houston splits with Indy. Therefore, Pats get 1-seed, Houston 2-seed. Denver (at worst) finishes 12-4. Baltimore (at BEST) finishes 11-5. We get the 3-seed, AFC North gets 4-seed.

Therefore....we'd go to Houston in the 2nd round.

LetsGoBroncos
12-11-2012, 07:35 AM
If we dont play them in round 2 we will probably play them in round 3 so whatever.

And if that happens they won't be coming off a bye

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Ideally, we win out. Pats drop 1 (to San Fran). Houston continues to struggle, and drops 2 more games....probably a split with Indy, and Minny upsets them.

That way, we get the #1 seed.

:strong:

LetsGoBroncos
12-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Ideally, we win out. Pats drop 1 (to San Fran). Houston continues to struggle, and drops 2 more games....probably a split with Indy, and Minny upsets them.

That way, we get the #1 seed.

:strong:

I've accepted we aren't getting the bye. NE isn't losing and Houston won't lose 2/3.

Time to start getting ready for Pittsburgh in the wild card round. Not much of a reward for going 13-3. Irritating

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
I've accepted we aren't getting the bye. NE isn't losing and Houston won't lose 2/3.

Time to start getting ready for Pittsburgh in the wild card round. Not much of a reward for going 13-3. Irritating

Agreed. Still shocking to think we won't get a bye with a record that good. But those are the breaks with tiebreaking scenarios. Pats, Houston and Denver will all probably finish 13-3.

But as I say......I really don't think we'll drop to #4.....because even if we lose to the Ratbirds....they will still drop 1 more game. I also think Houston drops 1 to Indy.....Houston is struggling bad on defense the last 3 weeks. Jax should have beaten them, and Detroit too.

Anyway, for the people whining about facing New England in the second round......it won't happen if Houston drops 1 and New England wins out.....both highly likely.

SoonerBronco
12-11-2012, 08:05 AM

I remember Manning shredding their D for 350 yards and 3 TDs. I remember Maghee having 85 yards on 14 carries.

But the thing I remember most is losing 3 fumbles. TOs killed us. If Magahee does fumble away the ball... And we go punch it in, that game gets really interesting.

I want us to beat their asses. At their place would be even more sweet. We've done this before, lets do it again!

LetsGoBroncos
12-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Agreed. Still shocking to think we won't get a bye with a record that good. But those are the breaks with tiebreaking scenarios. Pats, Houston and Denver will all probably finish 13-3.

But as I say......I really don't think we'll drop to #4.....because even if we lose to the Ratbirds....they will still drop 1 more game. I also think Houston drops 1 to Indy.....Houston is struggling bad on defense the last 3 weeks. Jax should have beaten them, and Detroit too.

Anyway, for the people whining about facing New England in the second round......it won't happen if Houston drops 1 and New England wins out.....both highly likely.

I agree with you that NE will win out and Houston will lose 1...but then if we lose a game (balt) we would still be in line to face NE in the second round.

Again, I think we can beat anyone. I'm just annoyed that we can go 13-3 and be top 3 in offense and defense and have good special teams and not even get a bye much less home field throughout

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
New England is going to lose to San Fran.

And anyway, **** it. I want the true measure of this team. I'd rather play New England here, but if we have to play 'em in Foxboro, we can hang.

If we have to play Pittsburgh so be it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5c/Metallica_-_Kill_%27Em_All_cover.jpg/220px-Metallica_-_Kill_%27Em_All_cover.jpg

easymobee
12-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Go to the forums on patsfans.com and youll see that the feeling is mutual. Your average obnoxious pats fan would rather not have any Peyton Manning in their life come January.

They think the refs are in our pocket as well.

bronco militia
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Actually the game was that close.

But I guess all the garbage time wins have people confused.

the broncos lost by 10 after falling behind 31-7....it wasn't close at all

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321007017

55CrushEm
12-11-2012, 08:20 AM
I agree with you that NE will win out and Houston will lose 1...but then if we lose a game (balt) we would still be in line to face NE in the second round.

Again, I think we can beat anyone. I'm just annoyed that we can go 13-3 and be top 3 in offense and defense and have good special teams and not even get a bye much less home field throughout

No we wouldn't.....not if Baltimore loses another game....which I think they will. Even if we lose to Baltimore, we will still finish ahead of them if they drop another game.....to either the Giants or Cincy.

Therefore, we'd get the 3-seed, and couldn't possibly play NE in the second round.....since they'd be the 1-seed.

Crushaholic
12-11-2012, 08:31 AM

Statistically, it WAS close. What made the difference was the 3 turnovers...

LetsGoBroncos
12-11-2012, 08:33 AM
No we wouldn't.....not if Baltimore loses another game....which I think they will. Even if we lose to Baltimore, we will still finish ahead of them if they drop another game.....to either the Giants or Cincy.

Therefore, we'd get the 3-seed, and couldn't possibly play NE in the second round.....since they'd be the 1-seed.

You're right. So the worst scenario we need to avoid is:

Lose to baltimore and finish 12-4

Baltimore loses another game and finishes 11-5

NE wins out and gets a bye

Houston goes 3-0 and gets the # 1 seed

BroncoBeavis
12-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Actually I'd rather go to Foxboro in Div round vs AFCCG. Seems like most of the top seed upsets happen after bye week.

This.

Broncomutt
12-11-2012, 04:07 PM
3rd and 8 at DEN 17 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to B.Lloyd to DEN 8 for 9 yards (C.Bailey).

3rd and 10 at NE 20 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to W.Welker to NE 34 for 14 yards (R.Moore; C.Harris).

3rd and 14 at NE 11 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to D.Woodhead to NE 36 for 25 yards (M.Adams; J.Mays).

3rd and 17 at NE 43 D.Woodhead left end to DEN 38 for 19 yards (C.Harris).

It was more than just turnovers, our defense refused to leave the field while they built that 31-7 lead. Saying we are as good as them because we made it close is the same as saying Tampa is as good as us because they made it close.

We didn't start shutting them down until the 4th quarter. Apparently we need a full half to overcome a 24 point deficit.

LetsGoBroncos
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
3rd and 8 at DEN 17 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to B.Lloyd to DEN 8 for 9 yards (C.Bailey).

3rd and 10 at NE 20 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to W.Welker to NE 34 for 14 yards (R.Moore; C.Harris).

3rd and 14 at NE 11 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to D.Woodhead to NE 36 for 25 yards (M.Adams; J.Mays).

3rd and 17 at NE 43 D.Woodhead left end to DEN 38 for 19 yards (C.Harris).

It was more than just turnovers, our defense refused to leave the field while they built that 31-7 lead. Saying we are as good as them because we made it close is the same as saying Tampa is as good as us because they made it close.

We didn't start shutting them down until the 4th quarter. Apparently we need a full half to overcome a 24 point deficit.

That was also when Joe Mays was starting. Lots has changed since then for the better

Agamemnon
12-11-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't care honestly. If we deserve to win it all we'll get it done however we have to.

baja
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
I agree with Let's Go Broncos. The defense we had for that first game in no way resembles what we have now. We knew the team needed time to gel and we have done that in spades. We also will be ready for that super fast no huddle this time around. JDR has got this.

maher_tyler
12-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Which is why we will use week 17 as out bye or at least rest our starters in the 2nd half.

maher_tyler
12-11-2012, 07:30 PM

3 turnovers to their one and we lose by 10. There isn't a reason we can't beat them if we take care of the ball.

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, but 2 healthy TE's and home field advantage will be tough.

Joe Mays is riding the pine and we have DJ back. Not as worried as I would have been with Mays playing.

We need to be the ones to beat down NE and that punk mCd. I like our chances where ever we play.

Broncomutt
12-11-2012, 08:21 PM
That was also when Joe Mays was starting. Lots has changed since then for the better

I agree.

Loved seeing Mays looking like a lost puppy on the bench against SD. A loser is a loser. Weakness deserves to get benched. Don't like injuries, but I sure didn't cry when I heard he was out for season.

But, blame that loss 100% on Mays if you want. He deserves a ton of the blame. But if you think it was a single player that lost that game, prepare yourself for a new excuse.

That was a team loss.

Hope we can forge a better team effort next time and not just blame 1 guy.

Hope he gets well soon...for another team.

baja
12-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Wonder if McGahee will be back?

No1BroncoFan
12-11-2012, 08:38 PM

It's better than '85 going 11-5 and missing the playoffs while some scrub from the pathetic AFC central hosts a home game at 9-7.

lonestar
12-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Joe Mays is riding the pine and we have DJ back. Not as worried as I would have been with Mays playing.

We need to be the ones to beat down NE and that punk mCd. I like our chances where ever we play.

Yep DJ your savior. Ahahahahaha

Someone else mentioned losing by ten after being down by 21. Do you really think NE did not go into cruise control after building that lead?

Do you really think had it been closer they would not have just kept the foot to the floorboard?

If so your a fool.

So many folks with short memories of what they did to a fox team in the playoffs last year. I know we have made changes but so have they.

sinuous sausage
12-12-2012, 07:20 AM
I agree with Let's Go Broncos. The defense we had for that first game in no way resembles what we have now. We knew the team needed time to gel and we have done that in spades. We also will be ready for that super fast no huddle this time around. JDR has got this.

the defense played well enough to win, IMO. the blame chiefly lies with the three TOs and general insouciance of the offense for the majority of the game. there were four long scoring drives from NE that resulted in 24 points, all of which involved a 3rd-and-long conversion, some more maddening than others:

3rd and 8 on first TD drive (Brady to Lloyd for nine yards)
3rd and 10 on second TD drive (Brady to Welker for 14 yards)
3rd and 14 on drive resulting in FG (Brady to Woodhead for 25 yards)
3rd and 17 to get to 24 points (Brady to Woodhead for 19 yards)

The last TD came off a PFM fumble inside the Denver 20.

NE had no business converting those 3rd-and-10+. Both of those conversions were to Woodhead, so there's a certain LB we all have in mind who was probably the responsible party. Take those 10 points off the board, as well as the gift of a TO inside the Denver red zone, and NE could have plausibly been held to ~2TD. Denver scored 21 without really catching any kind of stride, and while committing two turnovers past the Manning fumble. The DT one to open the game was brutal.

I think you're right when you allude to personnel between then and now. Sub out one man and it's possible this was a different ballgame, despite the stalled offensive effort from the Bronx.

ol#7
12-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Just keep winning and let the chips fall where they may. If in week 17 we are locked into a 3 or 4, then you take your 'bye' week then. Too many variables with what might happen with the rest of the AFC to worry about it, and each team is only 1 injury away from the landscape changing anyway.

TonyR
12-12-2012, 08:10 AM

Yup, people like to sugarcoat that loss to make themselves feel better but we got blown out. Just not a good matchup for us.

TonyR
12-12-2012, 08:11 AM
New England is going to lose to San Fran.

Hope you're right. But I just don't see the Pats losing a December game to Kaepernick in Foxboro.

LetsGoBroncos
12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Hope you're right. But I just don't see the Pats losing a December game to Kaepernick in Foxboro.

Not happening

Crushaholic
12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Not happening

As always, the San Francisco defense HAS to step up. NE wasn't going to be afraid of Alex Smith, either. San Francisco is a rare case where the quarterback doesn't really make a difference...

sinuous sausage
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
As always, the San Francisco defense HAS to step up. NE wasn't going to be afraid of Alex Smith, either. San Francisco is a rare case where the quarterback doesn't really make a difference...

SF and Seattle are reflections of each other, albeit in a dirty mirror. Kinda like one you'd find if you drunkenly stumbled into a strip club's dressing room: you're immersed in darkness and bleary-eyed and blinking through the boob glitter you've accumulated on your eyelashes over the night's events. Anyway:

SF is 13th in scoring. Seattle is 15th.
SF is 2nd in rushing offense. Seattle is 4th.

Both have young, dynamic QBs and lean on their respective defenses, who are #1 overall for SF and #2 overall for Seattle.

Two of NE's losses this season have come against the NFCW.

I think SF can help a brotha out. They'd better, considering the fact they gave us Pelosi.

pricejj
12-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Wonder if McGahee will be back?

McGahee is not allowed to play until the AFCCG, per NFL rules regarding temporary IR.

TonyR
12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
...I think SF can help a brotha out...

Good post. Yes, perhaps SF's D can make it a game. I just fear they won't have enough O to get it done.

maher_tyler
12-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Good post. Yes, perhaps SF's D can make it a game. I just fear they won't have enough O to get it done.

I think they're in for much more of a dog fight than Houston gave them.

RedskinBronco
12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I think they're in for much more of a dog fight than Houston gave them.

Yep, SF's physical defense will give the Patriots issues.

Remember, the Giants match up well against Tom Brady and the Pats. Well, the SF D is even more complete and more physical than the Giants D.

Broncojef
12-12-2012, 07:22 PM

This...patriots will be the 1 sede before all is said and done.

SoonerBronco
12-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Yep DJ your savior. Ahahahahaha

Someone else mentioned losing by ten after being down by 21. Do you really think NE did not go into cruise control after building that lead?

Do you really think had it been closer they would not have just kept the foot to the floorboard?

If so your a fool.

So many folks with short memories of what they did to a fox team in the playoffs last year. I know we have made changes but so have they.

Like the went into cruise control vs. Houston? A fool can see that 3 TOs are what sunk the Broncos in that game.

Broncomutt
12-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Like the went into cruise control vs. Houston? A fool can see that 3 TOs are what sunk the Broncos in that game.

Is allowing a handoff on 3 and 17 go for 19 yards a turnover? Is allowing a monumental number of 3rd down conversions now officially called turnovers?

Guess the people that actually watched the game and were frustrated by our defense's inability to get off the field are fools, and people like you who simply read the newspaper stats on Monday morning are geniuses.

Astounded people don't remember the 14 play drives they shoved down our throat. Nobody is happier that Mays is gone than me, but that was a team loss.

Yeah, it was just a few unlucky turnovers that cost us that game. :notthissh

lonestar
12-13-2012, 09:38 AM

no offense but HOu was not being discussed..

it was about the NE game and if we play them again how DJ IMO would have been irrelevant..

while you are correct about the HOU game it is a non starter in this thread..

BroncoBeavis
12-13-2012, 09:54 AM

They (Alex or Kaep) can make a difference. SF is just the kind of team that shouldn't necessarily want them to.

baja
12-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Is allowing a handoff on 3 and 17 go for 19 yards a turnover? Is allowing a monumental number of 3rd down conversions now officially called turnovers?

Guess the people that actually watched the game and were frustrated by our defense's inability to get off the field are fools, and people like you who simply read the newspaper stats on Monday morning are geniuses.

Astounded people don't remember the 14 play drives they shoved down our throat. Nobody is happier that Mays is gone than me, but that was a team loss.

The good news in all this is if we play them again this season their players on some level will feel they are much better than the Broncos and no matter how much their coaches hammer home the fact the Broncos are not the team they played earlier in the season they will have some level of over confidence which obviously helps us.

mhgaffney
12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
We have been winning despite not playing our best game. This won't cut it in the playoffs, however.

To reach the SB Denver must

1. avoid turnovers

2. start fast and play a full 60 minutes

3. get our pas rush into high gear

4. establish our run game

If we do these things we can go all the way -- and win the SB.

baja
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
We have been winning despite not playing our best game. This won't cut it in the playoffs, however.

1. avoid turnovers

5. score more points than the opponent

If we do these things we can go all the way -- and win the SB..

sinuous sausage
12-13-2012, 11:04 AM

1. avoid turnovers

If we do these things we can go all the way -- and win the SB.

so they pretty much just have to win the Super Bowl to win the Super Bowl

:thumbsup:

SoonerBronco
12-13-2012, 11:30 AM

Lets see, they scored a TD on one of those TOs...Thats 7 points.

DT fumbles at the 10 yard line...3 minimum

Magahee fumbles at the 10 yard linke with about 3:30 to go. Arguably thats at least 3 if not 7...

I watch every game. And I was equally frustrated with the defense, but you are straight crazy to discount these TOs. If we dont put the ball on the turf, we win the game, period.

Despite there 3rd down conversions, those 2 turnovers are a minimum 13 point swing. Do the math.

edog24
12-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Lets see, they scored a TD on one of those TOs...Thats 7 points.

DT fumbles at the 10 yard line...3 minimum

Magahee fumbles at the 10 yard linke with about 3:30 to go. Arguably thats at least 3 if not 7...

I watch every game. And I was equally frustrated with the defense, but you are straight crazy to discount these TOs. If we dont put the ball on the turf, we win the game, period.

Despite there 3rd down conversions, those 2 turnovers are a minimum 13 point swing. Do the math.

Just because the score was close at the end does not mean we were ever in that game. I'm pretty sure if Brady and co. would have been full gas the whole game we would have lost by 4 + tds.

I feel like we are quite a bit better now though, Houston didn't show up so that's not really a good measure either. Either way, we will have to beat them to make to the SB.

TonyR
12-13-2012, 01:24 PM
The Pats got 35 first downs against us in that game, and rushed for 251 yards. They killed us.

pricejj
12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
The Pats got 35 first downs against us in that game, and rushed for 251 yards. They killed us.

The Patriots had 444 yards total Offense, the Broncos had 394...not that big of a difference. The Patriots ran the ball so much to keep the ball out of Manning's hands. Using the old Shanahan (control the clock) playbook.

New Englands scored on approximately 50% of their drives, while Denver only scored on 33% of their drives. That's the real problem.

The Broncos redzone Offense and Defense is going to have to become much better. If not, they will lose. Obviously, Denver also has to be able to stop NE's running attack...which JDR has been working on ever since that game.