PDA

View Full Version : As of this moment you Denver Broncos are 3rd in Offense & 3rd in defense

baja
12-09-2012, 06:18 PM
That is almost unbelievable.

baja
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM
The Texans could drop us down to #4 on D Monday night but we are locked at #3 in offense.

Hamrob
12-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow...just wow!

Domostick
12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
#6 in defensive scoring with 19.8 points per game, and we have allowed garbage time TD's in a few of our games like TB, Oak, and NO.

#3 in offensive scoring with 28.8 points per game.

4th in the entire NFL in total point differential!!!

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Clearly you guys don't understand that we allowed 3 sacks to the Raiders so we are doomed in the playoffs.

baja
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Clearly you guys don't understand that we allowed 3 sacks to the Raiders so we are doomed in the playoffs.

The Broncos offensive line is ranked 4 over all in the NFL.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 07:52 PM
The Broncos offensive line is ranked 4 over all in the NFL.

I realize that. I'm just quoting that Jester tool.

baja
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
The Broncos are tied for 3rd in fewest sacks allowed and are 1st in first in fewest GB hits allowed.

baja
12-09-2012, 07:57 PM
I realize that. I'm just quoting that Jester tool.

I know that, I was just adding to your point. ;D

baja
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Manning has increased his passer rating to 104 on the season.

baja
12-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Broncos are #3 in scoring at 28.8 points per game

Raidersbane
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I know that, I was just adding to your point. ;D

Yes, the Broncos are dare we say.............GOOD?:giggle:

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
and people were saying this team would not have a top 10 defense. I am anxious to see what this defense can do against a very good Ravens offense. At home the Ravens offense has been good. Flaco is not good under pressure though and he will throw the ball up for grabs. Going to be a great game to see how good this defense is.

Kaylore
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Well, two really good teams haven't played each other in the Texans and Patriots, both with awesome offenses and one with a good defense, soooo....

lonestar
12-09-2012, 11:41 PM
and people were saying this team would not have a top 10 defense. I am anxious to see what this defense can do against a very good Ravens offense. At home the Ravens offense has been good. Flaco is not good under pressure though and he will throw the ball up for grabs. Going to be a great game to see how good this defense is.

I think you can understand why folks did not think the D would do a total 180 turn around inside a year.

Frankly none of the interior DL has played worth a crap in years past. Not having warren and carter was a huge loss. To some not having DJ was enough to throw in the towel.

Yet the kiddies have taken it up several notches. Vickerson has been outstanding and Wolfe has been much better as a rookie than anyone but a few though he could be.
WW, DT at LB have been an improvement, the UDFA DBs have been another shining spot. while having Miller become a complete OLB and a sack leader

Couple it all with having real coaches for a change and a DC with balls made the differences that most would not believe.

I thought getting in the top 15 would be an accomplishment, where we are is unbelievable.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 11:55 PM
I think you can understand why folks did not think the D would do a total 180 turn around inside a year.

Frankly none of the interior DL has played worth a crap in years past. Not having warren and carter was a huge loss. To some not having DJ was enough to throw in the towel.

Yet the kiddies have taken it up several notches. Vickerson has been outstanding and Wolfe has been much better as a rookie than anyone but a few though he could be.
WW, DT at LB have been an improvement, the UDFA DBs have been another shining spot. while having Miller become a complete OLB and a sack leader

Couple it all with having real coaches for a change and a DC with balls made the differences that most would not believe.

I thought getting in the top 15 would be an accomplishment, where we are is unbelievable.

I agree, I started a thread after the Houston loss I believe about how the defense could very well be a top 10 defense but I never in my life would have thought they would make it to #3. If Denver stays turnover free they will win the SB. This year it has been about the turnovers. If Denver takes care of the ball no one will beat them. Manning and this defense is just too good.

bases055
12-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Right now we are #4 in both categories, still awesome!

baja
12-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Right now we are #4 in both categories, still awesome!

We are the ONLY team in the top 5 in both Defense and Offense. No body else is even close.

bases055
12-10-2012, 12:43 AM
What I think is even better...think about it...we aren't in the top 5 in ANY Offensive/Defensive Passing or Rushing stats, which means balance.

We've lacked balance on both sides of the ball for a long time. We need improvement most in our offensive rushing game, which is awesome considering the quarterback we have behind center.

baja
12-10-2012, 12:45 AM
If you add the offensive and defensive rankings together for the top 5 teams it goes like this;

Offense listed first;

Broncos 4 + 4 = 8

Texans 5 + 6 = 11

Lions 2 + 19 = 21

Patriots 1 + 27 + 28

Saints 3 + 32 = 35

Defense listed first;

49'ers 2 + 12 = 14

Steelers 1 + 19 = 20

Seahawks 3 + 21 = 24

Bears 5 + 28 = 33

BoiseBluTurf
12-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Fox said from day one a rising tide raises all boats... this can't be illustrated any better than looking at the defense raise over the past 8 weeks (San Diego comeback aside) ... if you look back you see that in most cases the Broncos jumped out to leads and made the other team one dimensional... this lead to rushing yards and attempts down! Also leads to more pressures leading to turn over opportunities… another in a long list of the little known Manning Effect?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Fox said from day one a rising tide raises all boats... this can't be illustrated any better than looking at the defense raise over the past 8 weeks (San Diego comeback aside) ... if you look back you see that in most cases the Broncos jumped out to leads and made the other team one dimensional... this lead to rushing yards and attempts down! Also leads to more pressures leading to turn over opportunities… another in a long list of the little known Manning Effect?

Jumped out to leads? I always thought they've been coming out slow at the start of games. Then piling it on in the 2nd halfs

BoiseBluTurf
12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Jumped out to leads? I always thought they've been coming out slow at the start of games. Then piling it on in the 2nd halfs

Thats Fair... Jumped may be the wrong word... point still stands... they build leads making the other team focus on playing catch up.

sinuous sausage
12-10-2012, 11:02 AM

flacco is garbage

gyldenlove
12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
A new take on the Scotty Bowman rule of winning: if the sum of the ranks of your offense and defense is less than 10, you are probably going to win.

LetsGoBroncos
12-10-2012, 12:57 PM
That is almost unbelievable.

Makes it even more frustrating that we probably won't even get a bye....with those rankings along with our solid special teams you would think we would have home field throughout. Not playing on wild card weekend and then heading out on the road.

sinuous sausage
12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Makes it even more frustrating that we probably won't even get a bye....with those rankings along with our solid special teams you would think we would have home field throughout. Not playing on wild card weekend and then heading out on the road.

call me sane, but I think we're the odds-on favorite for the #2 seed.

NE has Hou tonight, then SF, @Jax, and Mia. I easily see two losses in that.

Balt has the fearsome Denver Broncos, NYG, and @Cincy. I easily see two losses in that as well.

No way Denver loses to either the Browns or Chefs if a bye is on the line.

pricejj
12-10-2012, 01:49 PM
If I was a team like the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Eagles, etc., I would be looking squarely at JDR as the top head coaching candidate heading into the offseason.

This could be the Broncos best chance to win the Superbowl.

LetsGoBroncos
12-10-2012, 02:34 PM
call me sane, but I think we're the odds-on favorite for the #2 seed.

NE has Hou tonight, then SF, @Jax, and Mia. I easily see two losses in that.

Balt has the fearsome Denver Broncos, NYG, and @Cincy. I easily see two losses in that as well.

No way Denver loses to either the Browns or Chefs if a bye is on the line.

I'm assuming we win out but I don't see NE losing. Sure, it could happen but I would be surprised if Houston beat them tonight and then basically all they have to do is win at home against SF next week and they get the bye. They aren't losing to Jacksonville or Miami.

Man, a bye then a home game sounds sooooo much better than a game against maybe Pittsburgh then a road game against NE

mkporter
12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Thats Fair... Jumped may be the wrong word... point still stands... they build leads making the other team focus on playing catch up.

I think the bigger factor is that Manning tends to stay on the field. We rarely go 3 and out. This gives our defense ample time to rest. We average 35 yds per drive this year, versus 25 yds per drive last year. That makes a big difference.