PDA

View Full Version : A week out & Ravens fans seem a tad pessimistic

Gutless Drunk
12-09-2012, 05:52 PM
"Said last week that they had no shot against Manning, haven't beat him in over a decade, and that was with some really good defenses. Combine that with the fact the Broncos have a solid defense and a couple great pass rushers, and I agree that it could get ugly. "

"Peyton Manning is going do something unspeakably horrible to this defense. Reed is going to try and play his same mind games, only to be two steps late to the ball. Lewis will play his same fake audible mind games, until the TEs burn him for 5 and 50. Manning is probably going to go deep all game, since he'll have all day to throw."

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum/showthread.php?100701-Peyton-on-10-days-rest-VS-Harbaugh-cam-Flacco-and-53-injured-mighty-men

"going against arguably the most explosive pass rusher in the NFL. If McKinnie doesn't start next week, Flacco could be injured/dominated. I mean, if there's no change, things could get really, really ugly next week as Peyton Manning will shred Pees' defense to pieces.'

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum/showthread.php?100710-Michael-Oher-vs-Von-Miller-Time-for-McKinnie&

"It does not matter if Ray comes back or not we lose. LMAO !! We could not stop Batch, We could not stop a rookie with less then 12 passes in his career. What makes you think we stop Peyton > Seriously, we are in jeopardy of losing 4 straight when all is said and done"

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49966-broncos-ravens-battle-of-the-masterminds-ray-if-he-comes-back-vs-peyton/

baja
12-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree, been saying for a few weeks Manning and the Denver D is going to shread this team.

Denver 36

Bmore 13

RhymesayersDU
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
It's easy for fans to go to the extremes one way or the other. Still a road game for us. Definitely winnable but will probably be close.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Prepare your anus, ratbirds.

baja
12-09-2012, 06:01 PM
It's easy for fans to go to the extremes one way or the other. Still a road game for us. Definitely winnable but will probably be close.

I don't often call blow outs but this one will be one. IMO

Requiem
12-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I expect a close football game. :)

Kaylore
12-09-2012, 06:05 PM
They're a team in decline but still dangerous especially at home. They're worse than their record, though by seasons end they'll take more losses and look like the 10-6, even 9-7 team they are.

RedskinBronco
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM
This Ravens team is garbage. Typical Shanarat defense kept them in the game.

Broncos 31 Ravens 10

Get it done.

edit: I was at the game. Kudos to Kirk Cousins, that's not easy to do.

POS secondary decisions by Madieu Williams and Me'Angelo Hall allowed for easy ravens scores in addition to typical shanarat defense when they needed a stop or max FG with score 21-20..

2 seed is right there for the broncos.

RhymesayersDU
12-09-2012, 06:38 PM

OK this just made me laugh out loud.

Al Wilson
12-09-2012, 06:50 PM
It's not going to be an easy game people. The ravens are like 16-1 in their last 17 home games.

SportinOne
12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Except for the fact that we have a weakness against great run games. So if they decide to play the keep-manning-off-of-the-field card and run the ball all over us, which will be magnified in annoyance and frustration by the times the announcers feel the need to point out the strategy, it could be a long game.

Hamrob
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Expect a heavy dose of Ray Rice. He will run for 120+ on us and 1-2 TD's. Ngata will cause plenty of problems up the middle. Still, Manning will be too much for them.

Denver 34
Baltimore 27

broncocalijohn
12-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Is the trap game everyone is speaking of? I mean, Ravens so easy and all.

XXXII&III
12-09-2012, 07:16 PM
One of the stats I heard during the game was that Ravens tend to come up with a big win following a loss. Hope we prove that stat wrong.

RedskinBronco
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
One of the stats I heard during the game was that Ravens tend to come up with a big win following a loss. Hope we prove that stat wrong.

That was supposed to happen today...it didn't.

First back to back losses for them in a few years, forget the exact stat but they had an impressive streak going.

I think the Broncos defense can handle the ravens; just hoping the offense doesn't stagnate during stretches as has been the case recently.

The ravens are not what they used to be, specifically on defense. Lots of chinks in the armor.

KipCorrington25
12-09-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is so cocky we never play well there and what happened to those blow outs the last 2 weeks everyone was predicting?

If we do win it will come down to the wire and be a war.

theAPAOps5
12-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah, this game will be far from easy. I expect it to be lively in the game thread.

bowtown
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah, this game will be far from easy. I expect it to be lively in the game thread.

Might be a couple of suicides before the first commercial break.

winstoncup bronco
12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I would say I am more concerned than pessimistic.

Baltimore has been a house of horrors for us as long as I can remember, and until we actually win there, I won't ever feel good about going there.

theAPAOps5
12-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Might be a couple of suicides before the first commercial break.

And "this team sucks" by go_broncos when anything remotely bad happens.

enjolras
12-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Baltimore has been a house of horrors for us as long as I can remember, and until we actually win there, I won't ever feel good about going there.

Really nobody should ever feel good about playing in Baltimore. It's a really tough place to play.

baja
12-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Really nobody should ever feel good about playing in Baltimore. It's a really tough place to play.

Manning does not agree with you.

UberBroncoMan
12-09-2012, 08:11 PM
They're ridiculously good at home. This will be a close one. Personally I think this game is in their favor going in. We're going to need to treat this like a playoff game.

errand
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM
It's not going to be an easy game people. The ravens are like 16-1 in their last 17 home games.

but then again, they haven't played us......^5

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 08:19 PM

Yep. Ravens are so much better there than on the road. Broncos have never won there ever I believe. But I'm pretty sure Manning has?

UberBroncoMan
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Yep. Ravens are so much better there than on the road. Broncos have never won there ever I believe. But I'm pretty sure Manning has?

Correct.

http://www.peytonmanning18.com/eachteam.html

7-2 305 192 62.9 2443 8.0 67 17 8 95.5

He's solid vs them. Definitely not bad but also not insanely good.

I like the 7-2 though.

Punisher
12-09-2012, 08:36 PM
3-2 Broncos Win

Gutless Drunk
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Broncos open up as favorites

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/nfl/2012-12-09/nfl-week-15-opening-point-spreads-lines-vegas-odds-cowboys-steelers-pats-49ers

baja
12-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Broncos at -1
I'm going to place a bet tomorrow. That will change

That is almost like free money.

UberBroncoMan
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
"Peyton's offenses have scored 112 points on the Ravens in their last four meetings, an average of 28 points a game. In all but one of those games, the Ravens had a pretty damn good defense at the time. They don't anymore. I would love to have some faith the Ravens could somehow pull this game out but I just don't see it."

Really interesting.

RedskinBronco
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
"Peyton's offenses have scored 112 points on the Ravens in their last four meetings, an average of 28 points a game. In all but one of those games, the Ravens had a pretty damn good defense at the time. They don't anymore. I would love to have some faith the Ravens could somehow pull this game out but I just don't see it."

Really interesting.

Ravens fans know this has been smoke and mirrors type year. A lot of heartache in charm city.

They escaped @Pittsburgh, @KC, @SD, vs. Dallas with essentially smoke and mirrors.

It's all on the Denver offense IMO. I see the defense doing just fine, but if the Broncos offense comes with an inconsistent game, the ravens will hang around and probably pull it out at home.

It's imperative that the Knowshon, Hillman and Decker types step up in this game and don't play with maddening inconsistency.

ZONA
12-09-2012, 09:22 PM
The Ravens will for sure run the ball, at least try to. The last thing they want is Von Miller doing what he does best.

Road games are harder in the NFL. But Broncos coming off a mini bye week and will be healthy and refreshed and will have those extra days to prepare for this team.

IMO, Broncos are the better team. The only way the Ratbirds beat Denver is if Denver does alot to help their effort by making mistakes. I expect our Defense will give them problems. I expect Denver to move the ball well and we'll probably score 2 or 3 TD's plus a few FG's.

If the Broncos don't turn the ball over, we win.

Broncos 27
Ravens 17

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I agree, been saying for a few weeks Manning and the Denver D is going to shread this team.

Denver 36

Bmore 13

Ravens play much better at home it will be a close game. The crowd and Ray Rice concerns me.

I am hoping 27-20

Jetmeck
12-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Exactly going all the way back to the Sharpe deflection for a tD when he was a ratbird and played us......believe in the playoffs in 00.

Ratbirds had a killer defense back then but today's D is sad.

Should win this but no blow out.

JCMElway
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM

THIS

cutthemdown
12-09-2012, 10:52 PM

lol very nice.

cutthemdown
12-09-2012, 10:53 PM
If the Broncos can just realize the Raturds are just the Brown in disguise we should blow them out. Or you know win on a defelction, punt return, last second drive....something.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 11:15 PM
If the Broncos can just realize the Raturds are just the Brown in disguise we should blow them out. Or you know win on a defelction, punt return, last second drive....something.

That is a pretty good observation although the Ravens have a better run game and Flaco is more capable of having a huge game than Weedon. They are similar to Browns. The Browns are 4-2 in their last 6 games though.

R8R H8R
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
"Said last week that they had no shot against Manning, haven't beat him in over a decade, and that was with some really good defenses. Combine that with the fact the Broncos have a solid defense and a couple great pass rushers, and I agree that it could get ugly. "

"Peyton Manning is going do something unspeakably horrible to this defense. Reed is going to try and play his same mind games, only to be two steps late to the ball. Lewis will play his same fake audible mind games, until the TEs burn him for 5 and 50. Manning is probably going to go deep all game, since he'll have all day to throw."

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum/showthread.php?100701-Peyton-on-10-days-rest-VS-Harbaugh-cam-Flacco-and-53-injured-mighty-men

"going against arguably the most explosive pass rusher in the NFL. If McKinnie doesn't start next week, Flacco could be injured/dominated. I mean, if there's no change, things could get really, really ugly next week as Peyton Manning will shred Pees' defense to pieces.'

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum/showthread.php?100710-Michael-Oher-vs-Von-Miller-Time-for-McKinnie&

"It does not matter if Ray comes back or not we lose. LMAO !! We could not stop Batch, We could not stop a rookie with less then 12 passes in his career. What makes you think we stop Peyton > Seriously, we are in jeopardy of losing 4 straight when all is said and done"

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49966-broncos-ravens-battle-of-the-masterminds-ray-if-he-comes-back-vs-peyton/

Ha! It's good to know their fans are as flakey as some here on the Mane. They have a 2 game lead in the division, but they lose a couple of tough games and..."the season is lost, let's fire everyone including Harbaugh, Cam, and Pees, and just start over with new players. Oh, and Peyton Manning will carve up their overrated defense for 40 points(I wish)!"

lonestar
12-09-2012, 11:28 PM

Good post much the way I feel.

I know this is pretty much a totally different team than has went in there before, but it is almost the same crow team as before.

I hope that Manning Etal, can start a new tradition by kicking their asses for a change.

DenverBroncosJM
12-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I hope Holliday and Moreno show up, those two guys show up and we should win.

maven
12-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Broncos open up as favorites

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/nfl/2012-12-09/nfl-week-15-opening-point-spreads-lines-vegas-odds-cowboys-steelers-pats-49ers

I like this one. Take the Pack.

Packers at Bears (no line)

gunns
12-10-2012, 06:03 AM
You can live by that all you want, at least be pragmatic about the current situation. The defense is god awful without Suggs. Even if he does play he's playing with 1 arm and 1 leg and outside of setting the edge doesn't do much.

How is the offensive line supposed to stop Dumerville and Von Miller? Denver has a DC that actually knows what in the hell he's doing with his scheme and we've never beaten Manning before.

After years of folding when things have seemed certain I can't help but feel nervous. Hell I do for every game. But having Manning and Miller helps.

Elway 4 Life
12-10-2012, 06:35 AM
I expect Von/Doom to have big games against the ratbirds. Oher was getting manhandled by the Skins DE's. Flacco with time is dangerous but makes bad decisions when under pressure. If we can contain Rice and the rest of the RB's we will win pretty easily. Easier said than done but doable. Our secondary is far superior to Washingtons. Rice is the one guy I fear.

TheChamp24
12-10-2012, 06:53 AM
After previous years, I'm concerned playing in Baltimore. That place has kicked our butts before.
I just have a concern they will be able to run the ball, then stem play action off that.

TonyR
12-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Ebb and flow of the season would suggest they are due for a win and we're due for a loss. Especially since they're at home and the Broncos have to travel to the east coast. Let's hope the Broncos are good enough, focused enough, and mistake-free enough to win it.

sinuous sausage
12-10-2012, 10:52 AM

especially when I start sprinkling in my nude pics

sinuous sausage
12-10-2012, 11:00 AM
as has been noted, it's the Ratbirds at home. they're tough there anyway and I don't recall Denver ever having snuck out with a victory.

what better place than here, what better time than now? all hell can't stop us now.

Den 31 Bal 17

if VonDoom gets to Flaccid, he'll be good for multiple TOs and it won't matter that Ray Rice has a banner fantasy day. a convalescent D isn't something you want to field against PFM. they're one-and-done in the playoffs. good call with the 'Browns in disguise'

BroncsCheer
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Prepare your ani, ratbirds.

Fixed your post to make it multiple brown-eyes

:)

TonyR
12-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Broncos have a lot to prove, as silly as that may sound for a team with a 10-3 record. Clearly a very good team but they play in a terrible division, only beat 2 teams with a winning record, and lost to the best 3 teams they played. Need to win this one.

Kaylore
12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Peyton Manning's history > Broncos history?

We'll see, I guess. It appears Manning trumps our woes. However in some cases the two together were better. For example the Chargers have owned both Manning and us for the past several years. And yet united we destroyed the Chargers.

I think we can beat this team. They remind me of the Buccs except with a worse QB.

lonestar
12-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Ebb and flow of the season would suggest they are due for a win and we're due for a loss. Especially since they're at home and the Broncos have to travel to the east coast. Let's hope the Broncos are good enough, focused enough, and mistake-free enough to win it.

I suspect you are correct. Not sure if we can run the table. Do it think we are quite there yet with quality players and depth.

Have always believed it will be next year and the following year after a couple more quality drafts. And a UFA here or there.

cutthemdown
12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Flacco may not match up well unless Rice can gouge us, which is a possibility because he is so explosive and powerful. But Flacco just a sitting duck in the pocket. He is an old school style QB that plods along when he scrambles. If his protection breaks down enough for Doom and Miller to get in on him I think he will struggle big time.

On the other side I'm not sure Ravens will get to Manning enough to keep us from scoring about 28-31 points. I just don't think the Ravens can keep up with the Broncos.

lonestar
12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Peyton Manning's history > Broncos history?

We'll see, I guess. It appears Manning trumps our woes. However in some cases the two together were better. For example the Chargers have owned both Manning and us for the past several years. And yet united we destroyed the Chargers.

I think we can beat this team. They remind me of the Buccs except with a worse QB.

I sure hope you are correct the sum of two parts is enough to do it.

Our recent histories still whisper in my ear that the sky is falling.

gyldenlove
12-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I am pretty confident about this game, you can be damn sure Manning is telling his guys just how much he would like to have a week off while New England, Indy, Baltimore and Pittsburgh beat up on each other.

RedskinBronco
12-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I forgot that ray Lewis might be back. If I had ONE concern; it's the emotional lift he will bring

sinuous sausage
12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I am pretty confident about this game, you can be damn sure Manning is telling his guys just how much he would like to have a week off while New England, Indy, Baltimore and Pittsburgh beat up on each other.

methinks Pittsburgh misses this rodeo

sinuous sausage
12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I forgot that ray Lewis might be back. If I had ONE concern; it's the emotional lift he will bring

our old guy matches up better than their old guy

DBroncos4life
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Dude Tatum Bell carried him when Lewis had two good arms, Moreno's got this. ;)

DBroncos4life
12-10-2012, 12:48 PM
methinks Pittsburgh misses this rodeo

What is sad is how the Jets have a easier path to the playoffs then the Bengals or the Steelers.

Kaylore
12-10-2012, 12:52 PM

No he didn't. This is a popular myth in Bronco lore. Tom Nalen was carrying Bell with Ray Lewis draped on both of them, into the endzone.

Irish Stout
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Two words:

East Coast.

DBroncos4life
12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
No he didn't. This is a popular myth in Bronco lore. Tom Nalen was carrying Bell with Ray Lewis draped on both of them, into the endzone.

I hope your phone gets shut off LOL

swaiy
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Two words:

East Coast.

Ten days.

Gutless Drunk
12-10-2012, 01:21 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=47758

gunns
12-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I think we can do this and agree that we do need to win if for no other reason than we need to show we can beat a good team. But I'm not going to freak if we don't, being a wildcard isn't the end of the world. Just ask the 97 Broncos.

Regardless I STILL want Houston to win tonight. It's the Pats. Expose them.

Inkana7
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't think location or time will really matter. When it comes down to it, the better team will win, and our guys are focused in on this game. They'll come out playing as well as they can, and I think they're the better team, and will win.

cutthemdown
12-10-2012, 01:32 PM

You really can't tell when people are joking can you?

Kaylore
12-10-2012, 01:44 PM
You really can't tell when people are joking can you?

I know it wasn't a serious comment but people still repeat that like gospel. When you go back and watch the play, Tatum wasn't carrying anyone. Really when did he ever?

Steve Sewell
12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Prepare your anus, ratbirds. The Broncos are coming in dry.

Fixed

SpringStein
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Two words:

East Coast.

11:00 am starts this year:

At Cincy - W
At Carolina - W
At KC - Win

3-0 so far.

TonyR
12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
As of right now weather shouldn't be a big factor:

Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 30%. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Baltimore&state=MD&site=LWX&textField1=39.3008&textField2=-76.6106&e=1

Kaylore
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
As of right now weather shouldn't be a big factor:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Baltimore&state=MD&site=LWX&textField1=39.3008&textField2=-76.6106&e=1

My forecast shows a storm coming....and it's name is Von Doom....

cmhargrove
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM

Oh ****, you probably don't remember Ed Reed's annihilation of Moreno a couple years back. That will probably be in the back of Moreno's mind...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7XjMsnA9I1M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Moreno a weak link even though I juiced him for all those points last week in my fantasy league. I'm not sure i have the guts to start him 2 weeks in a row and against the Ravens. Even though they give up yards they still have a mentality of playing physical and IMO Moreno acts like he is tired after the first hit. Also is it just me or does he still look to the sideline all the time hoping to come out of the game lol. Maybe I am just imagining that. lol

cutthemdown
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
That is a pretty good observation although the Ravens have a better run game and Flaco is more capable of having a huge game than Weedon. They are similar to Browns. The Browns are 4-2 in their last 6 games though.

It was really just a joke about how the Ravens really just the old Browns franchise moved and renamed. Not really about this yrs Browns lol. But whatever I agree the Browns are better then the record indicates.

I think the Browns could thinks about wildcard next yr.

Dedhed
12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
While Ravens fans may be a tad pessimistic, this place is starting to resemble a Pats fan forum.

swaiy
12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
While Ravens fans may be a tad pessimistic, this place is starting to resemble a Pats fan forum.

The Broncos could win the SB 5 years in a row and these forums would never match the level of douchebaggery on those fprums.

edog24
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
I hate the ratbirds with a passion. I hope this is the one team we blowout this year.

DivineLegion
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
If WWIII, and Kuper play the Broncos have a good shot at winning. Without those two, meh...Ramirez will get Manning killed, and Ray Rice will have a Jamal Lewisesqe kinda day.

broncosteven
12-10-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is so cocky we never play well there and what happened to those blow outs the last 2 weeks everyone was predicting?

If we do win it will come down to the wire and be a war.

That is all I ask!

Archer81
12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Stop Rice. Pressure Flacco. Dont turn it over.

Make it so.

:Broncos:

Agamemnon
12-10-2012, 06:36 PM
We should totally dominate them, but we should've totally dominated a lot of teams this season. Slow starts and turnovers have gotten in our way far too often unfortunately.

Agamemnon
12-10-2012, 06:38 PM

The Broncos are clearly the better team at this point, so confidence is understandable. Really, the only way we lose to the Ravens is if we beat ourselves (totally possible mind you).

Dedhed
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
The Broncos are clearly the better team at this point, so confidence is understandable. Really, the only way we lose to the Ravens is if we beat ourselves (totally possible mind you).

I was referring more to the comments week in and week out that we're going to demolish teams, and then the constant whining about how bad we are when we only win by 2 TDs.

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I was referring more to the comments week in and week out that we're going to demolish teams, and then the constant whining about how bad we are when we only win by 2 TDs.

Yeah like the KC would lose to Alabama then they hold us to what 17 points? something like that? Ravens are too good to be demolished often but anything can happen i guess. Most likely its a tough game and if we win it will be by less then 2 tds.

Old Dude
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Ravens fans are kind of spoiled. They'd consider an eight point loss to Denver as "being demolished."

TonyR
12-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Broncos have a lot to prove, as silly as that may sound for a team with a 10-3 record. Clearly a very good team but they play in a terrible division, only beat 2 teams with a winning record, and lost to the best 3 teams they played. Need to win this one.

Legwold should start sending me a commission:

Their winning streak is certainly impressive, as is their current offensive and defensive standing. They are the only team in the league ranked in the top five in both. But their 10 wins have come against teams that are a combined 39-65 (.375).

While the Broncos have no control over the troubles the teams in their own division continue to have, or even over their schedule, their current resume is also the teams they have played, nothing more, nothing less.

The three teams that have defeated the Broncos are a combined 32-7 (.821), two of those on the road in New England and in Atlanta.

Read more: Question lingers in NFL: Are Broncos built to win on road in playoffs? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22170087/question-nfl-lingers-are-broncos-built-win-road#ixzz2EqfNWsrG
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

TheChamp24
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
What I take from those losses to be honest, is we shot ourselves in the foot those games, still clawed our way to make it a game, and just narrowly lost.
We have gotten better as a team since those games against Houston, New England and Atlanta.
Blown coverages, costly turnovers, just crushed us.
What I seriously like about the games we've played is since the 2nd half of the Chargers game, we have won 3 of the games outright by 2+ scores, 3 other games had a team score in "garbage" time to make it closer, and then the Chiefs game.
6 wins this year have been by 2 or more scores this year.
We just definitely can't afford to come out so slow in games to the likes of Houston, NE, Atlanta, etc.

2KBack
12-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Legwold should start sending me a commission:

Read more: Question lingers in NFL: Are Broncos built to win on road in playoffs? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22170087/question-nfl-lingers-are-broncos-built-win-road#ixzz2EqfNWsrG
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I'm not a fan of this perspective....Some of the teams Denver beat are dangerous teams, the Bucs play everyone tough, as does Carolina actually, and despite all their turmoil the Saints have the ability to beat any team. Take away the losses to Denver and a lot of these team look better.

TonyR
12-12-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm not a fan of this perspective....Some of the teams Denver beat are dangerous teams, the Bucs play everyone tough, as does Carolina actually, and despite all their turmoil the Saints have the ability to beat any team. Take away the losses to Denver and a lot of these team look better.

I hear ya. We can only beat who we play. Winning 8 straight is impressive regardless who you beat. But, at the same time, all of those teams have losing records because they just aren't very good. Tampa, for example, just lost at home to a terrible Eagles team starting a lot of rookies and backups. You mention the Saints and Panthers. They're 5-8 and 4-9, respectively. I'm thrilled with what this team has done and where they are. I just think this Baltimore game will be a good indicator of what/who we really are. I want to see us beat a good team on the road.

2KBack
12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
I hear ya. We can only beat who we play. Winning 8 straight is impressive regardless who you beat. But, at the same time, all of those teams have losing records because they just aren't very good. Tampa, for example, just lost at home to a terrible Eagles team starting a lot of rookies and backups. You mention the Saints and Panthers. They're 5-8 and 4-9, respectively. I'm thrilled with what this team has done and where they are. I just think this Baltimore game will be a good indicator of what/who we really are. I want to see us beat a good team on the road.

The Saints and Carolina both beat Atlanta, and NO only lost to Green Bay by 1 point. New England is crushing fools, but lost to Arizona. There is just too much that goes into each game to do too much digging into the opponents of your opponents.