PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels a HC again?

Pages : [1] 2

Jesterhole
12-09-2012, 04:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/josh-mcdaniels-could-be-closing-in-on-his-second-chance-as-a-head-coach/

SouthStndJunkie
12-09-2012, 04:39 AM
Cleveland deserves to suck for a long time, if they are stupid enough to hire Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.

I'd keep current GM Tom Heckert and the jury is still out on head coach Pat Shurmur.

I might replace Pat Shurmur, but I think I'd keep Tom Heckert, as I like the young talent base he has assembled.

The Browns have new ownership, so new owner Jimmy Haslam may want to start fresh with his own hand picked crew....but don't make it Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.

Jesterhole
12-09-2012, 04:44 AM
I'd love McFail to end up in San Diego. With Rivers AND McD, they would easily be the douchiest team in the league.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 05:26 AM
McD really needs to try to get the KC or SD job!!

Broncos_OTM
12-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Not Cleveland any tean but them

baja
12-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Cleveland deserves to suck for a long time, if they are stupid enough to hire Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.

I'd keep current GM Tom Heckert and the jury is still out on head coach Pat Shurmur.

I might replace Pat Shurmur, but I think I'd keep Tom Heckert, as I like the young talent base he has assembled.

The Browns have new ownership, so new owner Jimmy Haslam may want to start fresh with his own hand picked crew....but don't make it Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.

Is Jimmy Haslam a poor man's Jerry Jones?

Never trust a grown man that calls himself Jimmy.

SouthStndJunkie
12-09-2012, 07:27 AM

I think that may actually be a Rule of Thumb.

It's hard to tell what kind of owner Jimmy Haslam will be, as he only bought the team a few months ago.

If he builds a new stadium and people call it Jimmy World, then we'll known if the NFL has another Jerry Jones on their hands.

Haslam was a minority owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers before he bought the Browns.

His dad made the family fortune with the creation and expansion of the Pilot Truck Stops and bought out and merged with the Flying J Truck Stops and is tied into the oil business.

His brother, Bill Haslam is the Governor of Tennessee.

SouthStndJunkie
12-09-2012, 07:32 AM

Now if Jerry Jones was named Jimmy, that would be understandable, as Jim Jones probably isn't the most desirable name.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Quick look at the Browns players that will be traded next year. T. Rich, Weeden, Harden, Jackson, Thomas, and Gordon are gone.

I think Moreno and a 3rd rounder could land us T.Rich and Jackson, that is if they don't get traded to the Pats.

Punisher
12-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Orton to the Browns?

Rohirrim
12-09-2012, 07:42 AM
If Josh learned anything from his experiences in Denver, he'll probably turn out to be a very good head coach somewhere. As long as he's not the GM too.

BroncoMan4ever
12-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I'd love McFail to end up in San Diego. With Rivers AND McD, they would easily be the douchiest team in the league.

Or we wind up with a Shanahan situation. I dislike the guy, but as an X and O's guy he is one of the best in football. He wasn't ready for the power Pat gave him and didn't know how to work with players and assistants. He more than likely has been humbled by the last few years. I really don't want to see him in the AFC West

Dr. Broncenstein
12-09-2012, 08:50 AM
McJoshie to San Diego is a fap-worthy fantasy. First order of business would be trading Rivers for Sanchez after a deal for Mallet fails.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Or we wind up with a Shanahan situation. I dislike the guy, but as an X and O's guy he is one of the best in football. He wasn't ready for the power Pat gave him and didn't know how to work with players and assistants. He more than likely has been humbled by the last few years. I really don't want to see him in the AFC West

Really, you believe that? Don't you think if he was one of the best X and O guys in the NFL he would have produced a better record than 6-24 his final 30 games?

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Be careful what you wish for. If McD is partnered with a competent GM... that could spell trouble in our division.

Pick Six
12-09-2012, 09:01 AM
If Josh learned anything from his experiences in Denver, he'll probably turn out to be a very good head coach somewhere. As long as he's not the GM too.

Cosigned.

Look, this was McDaniels first head coaching job. That doesn't mean that he will ALWAYS fail, as a head coach. Shanahan's first head coaching job didn't go very well, either. McDaniels had moments of brilliance, and moments of uberfail. Maybe he can go to Cleveland, and do something with Brandon Weeden...

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Really, you believe that? Don't you think if he was one of the best X and O guys in the NFL he would have produced a better record than 6-24 his final 30 games?

Dude was working wisth Orton and a bunch of rookies and a dumbass in Marshall. Don't let 2008 fool you. What Mike left for McD was nothing but polished turds.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Dude was working wisth Orton and a bunch of rookies and a dumbass in Marshall. Don't let 2008 fool you. What Mike left for McD was nothing but polished turds.

Dude he brought in Kyle Orton. You can't use Orton as an excuse whey he was the reason for Orton in the first place

Gutless Drunk
12-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Lol, Orton was his hand-picked choice.

I will wait until this coattail riding loser has any success sans Brady & Belichick before I start shaking in my boots about him in the AFC West.

NFLBRONCO
12-09-2012, 09:24 AM
I think if he does get a job hiring a GM too is best route. We are where we are today because of McD's flub. It showed how bad we needed a personnel guy since after SB years. I think we would of had more rings if we had Elway running the show all along.

BroncoMan4ever
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM

Look at Shanahan in Oakland. There is such a thing as being not ready for the top spot. Look at the offenses he has been part of that he was in chharge of. Record setting in points production. The guy is a subject to talent around him. Give him a team where a GM calls the shots and he can focus on the X and O of the game and good thingus are possible.

I hate him but don't think hihs 2 years are indicitive of what he coujd potentially do. Because of that I would rather him not be part of the AFC West

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM

Mike left him the 3rd ranked offense and number 1 Oline in the league. You McD lovers are hilarious. McD picked Orton.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Giving him a GM is not going to work. He will use that GM just like Xander's. his ego is way too big as an HC for a GM to control He sees himself as Belichick. Cut broncos sweater sleeves off for Christ sakes. Being an OC keeps his ego in check.

After all that bozo did with this team I can't believe there's people who still support him.

baja
12-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Dude he brought in Kyle Orton. You can't use Orton as an excuse whey he was the reason for Orton in the first place

Orion was an "Oh by the way" selection what made that deal was the 2 first round + a second rd. pick. He went after Tebow for a reason.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 09:42 AM

What you mean I can't use Orton as an excuse? He was hired to work with Cutler only for the other to have a fit because McD wanted (supposedly) to bring someone in to show him the system. Who was he supposed to get in April? Can't remember the FA class of QBs of that year... but by April bet the best ones weren't available. Orton was a throw in the trade.

Say what you want about McD, hate the prick too, but he got jabbed by a QB that obviously had an agenda after Mike was fired. Those 2 years... I think way more about the respect I lost for my then favorite player. If he hadn't been such a mental midget... who knows what would have been.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Mike left him the 3rd ranked offense and number 1 Oline in the league. You McD lovers are hilarious. McD picked Orton.

Dude... love to see that you actually falled for the smoke and mirrors that Mike left behind. And by no means am I a McD lover. Yeas Mike left a good offense behind... but it was much more about the system. The OL.. apart from Kuper and Clady sucked. Cutler, Marshall and Shefter got so much smoke blown up their ass by Mike that you could tell how entitled and but hurt they were once Mike got fired. And please lets talk about the Defense.

Your type... the one that can't step back and anaylze a situation objectively crack me up. Apart from Cutler, Marshall, Shefter, Royal (though now we know he was a product of the system), please keep telling me we had a great Offense. Tell me... where were they ranked scoring wise? I could care less how many times we can move it up the field, if we can't push it in, it's all for naught.

But keep telling yourself how good a team we had. lol

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 09:52 AM
What you mean I can't use Orton as an excuse? He was hired to work with Cutler only for the other to have a fit because McD wanted (supposedly) to bring someone in to show him the system. Who was he supposed to get in April? Can't remember the FA class of QBs of that year... but by April bet the best ones weren't available. Orton was a throw in the trade.

Say what you want about McD, hate the prick too, but he got jabbed by a QB that obviously had an agenda after Mike was fired. Those 2 years... I think way more about the respect I lost for my then favorite player. If he hadn't been such a mental midget... who knows what would have been.

McD created the need for a QB. He didn't want Cassel to show Cutler how to run his system he wanted Cassel to start. :rofl: He got burned and left with Orton. That is McD's problem. How you can blame anyone other then McD for creating the QB problem is beyond me.

Kaylore
12-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Lol number one Oline my ass.

Bronkota
12-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Giving him a GM is not going to work. He will use that GM just like Xander's. his ego is way too big as an HC for a GM to control He sees himself as Belichick. Cut broncos sweater sleeves off for Christ sakes. Being an OC keeps his ego in check.

After all that bozo did with this team I can't believe there's people who still support him.

Dude is a loser without Belichick, When Joshy was offensive coordinator last year with the Rams they averaged 12 points a game. I would love to see him in the AFC West.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:55 AM
One player I can understand. But when several players got upset it becomes the HC. McD had a big problem with star players. He did it in STL with Bradford and Jackson. An HC needs to understand his players instead of jumping at the chance to call them "the player" to the media. He's got zero people skills. Something he tries to emulate from Belichick but fails at cause his Legos are dropping out of his pocket.

Remember this was a clown who was going to let Champ Bailey walk.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 09:56 AM

Wait... you talking about Pizza Boy Xander? lol... yeah that sure is a strong willed GM we had going there. McD fired the Goodmans and stuck with Xander because he knew he could ride him to like a bitch!!! And you are right... dude is a walking ego... but that doesn't take about his ability from knowing X's and O's.
If McD has to deal only with the coaching aspect, and leave the GM duties to a strong willed and competent GM, that could spell trouble in our division.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Lol number one Oline my ass.

12 sacks given up all year. Least penalized in the game. Got production from several RBs and a cell phone slinger.

How is that not?

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 10:03 AM
McD created the need for a QB. He didn't want Cassel to show Cutler how to run his system he wanted Cassel to start. :rofl: He got burned and left with Orton. That is McD's problem. How you can blame anyone other then McD for creating the QB problem is beyond me.

Sure... allegedly he tried to trade for Cassel to start. But it NEVER happened! Can't believe you Cutler lovers (used to be a big one) still blame the coach for getting traded. For crying out loud... he dissed the owner... you know? the one that signs his checks! The one that said Chicago had better fans and the one that screwed over his team and wasn't even man enough to come by by the facility, turn in his playbook and say goodby to his teammates.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Dude... love to see that you actually falled for the smoke and mirrors that Mike left behind. And by no means am I a McD lover. Yeas Mike left a good offense behind... but it was much more about the system. The OL.. apart from Kuper and Clady sucked. Cutler, Marshall and Shefter got so much smoke blown up their ass by Mike that you could tell how entitled and but hurt they were once Mike got fired. And please lets talk about the Defense.

Your type... the one that can't step back and anaylze a situation objectively crack me up. Apart from Cutler, Marshall, Shefter, Royal (though now we know he was a product of the system), please keep telling me we had a great Offense. Tell me... where were they ranked scoring wise? I could care less how many times we can move it up the field, if we can't push it in, it's all for naught.

But keep telling yourself how good a team we had. lol

Cutler got SACKED 12 TIMES ALL YEAR. How is that more than half the Oline sucked? You'd expect at least 20 or more if they sucked. Weigmann was solid.

I'm not saying the team was perfect. They were 8-8. What I saying is McD gave himself problems by ignoring what was wrong with the team and fixing things that weren't broke. Which is the exact reason they went from mediocre to the WORST team in the league. No other team had more losses in a span from that 6-0 start to his firing.

baja

To be fair Josh "The Player" McDaniels has a part in cry baby Cutlers take my ball and go home attitude.

That being said I believe McD has mad potential if he can learn to not be an ass.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 10:07 AM
One player I can understand. But when several players got upset it becomes the HC. McD had a big problem with star players. He did it in STL with Bradford and Jackson. An HC needs to understand his players instead of jumping at the chance to call them "the player" to the media. He's got zero people skills. Something he tries to emulate from Belichick but fails at cause his Legos are dropping out of his pocket.

agree with this part completely... but this is not about then. It's more about now. You think someone is going to give him the keys to the car and not talk about his past experience? Hate the ****er like you! But I can recognize that he is a brilliant play caller when he was the pieces to play with. If he can stick to doing that and let the GM do his business, that is a dangerous proposition in our division.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Wait... you talking about Pizza Boy Xander? lol... yeah that sure is a strong willed GM we had going there. McD fired the Goodmans and stuck with Xander because he knew he could ride him to like a b****!!! And you are right... dude is a walking ego... but that doesn't take about his ability from knowing X's and O's.
If McD has to deal only with the coaching aspect, and leave the GM duties to a strong willed and competent GM, that could spell trouble in our division.

Ya but I don't think he can keep that in check when he is an HC. I mean who cuts their sleeves and copies someone? He wasn't trying to be McD. He's tries to be Belichick. Xander's was nothing but a pawn you're right. He was a capologist. He exposed himself as a spineless when he tried to blame everything on McD, yet never made an effort to speak up. I welcome McD to our division. He is a Mangini. A Weiss. A Crennell. A product of Belichicks coattail

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Cutler got SACKED 12 TIMES ALL YEAR. How is that more than half the Oline sucked? You'd expect at least 20 or more if they sucked. Weigmann was solid.

I'm not saying the team was perfect. They were 8-8. What I saying is McD gave himself problems by ignoring what was wrong with the team and fixing things that weren't broke. Which is the exact reason they went from mediocre to the WORST team in the league. No other team had more losses in a span from that 6-0 start to his firing.

It's called system. What coach, unless it was Kubes, was going to come in here and run the same system? None. Go over the 2008 roster and go over the real talented keep worthy players, I promise you can only chose maybe a dozen.

Smoke and mirrors my friend, smoke and mirrors.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 10:17 AM
It's called system. What coach, unless it was Kubes, was going to come in here and run the same system? None. Go over the 2008 roster and go over the real talented keep worthy players, I promise you can only chose maybe a dozen.

Smoke and mirrors my friend, smoke and mirrors.

I guess I just can't see him as an elite play caller. I look at the rams historic bad records they broke last year in their history. Away from NE he's shown me nothing to make me believe his entire existence is because of Belichick.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 10:23 AM
I guess I just can't see him as an elite play caller. I look at the rams historic bad records they broke last year in their history. Away from NE he's shown me nothing to make me believe his entire existence is because of Belichick.

Who did he have in STL? Their OL was crap, the WR and TE were crap. He only had Jackson and Bradford (jury is still out on this one). Sorry, but STL can't be used as an excuse for his play calling abilities. Just look at how he adapted this year and started running the 2 TE formation and RB. His play calling with the pats has nothing to the with Bellicheat. He has full control over that aspect of their team.

BroncoMan4ever
12-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Xanders was brought in as a glorified accountant. He never had power. You give him a GM with power and thngs are different

baja
12-09-2012, 11:30 AM
His signature move player wise was to trade up to take Tebow way before any other team was going to. I would love to see him reunite with Tebow so we all would get to see his plan played out. It would be interesting to watch just not in the AFC West please.

KipCorrington25
12-09-2012, 12:07 PM

He would trade Rivers for Ryan Mallett.

24champ
12-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Xanders was a "GM" in name in Denver, he was brought in by Joe Ellis to help with doing contracts and the like. Xanders had no business being a GM in this league.

EmpireOrange
12-09-2012, 12:27 PM

This. Bowlen - god love him - did not do McD any favors by giving him the keys ahla shanny. He'll turn out to be a very good coach tho.

bowtown
12-09-2012, 12:33 PM
His signature move player wise was to trade up to take Tebow way before any other team was going to. I would love to see him reunite with Tebow so we all would get to see his plan played out. It would be interesting to watch just not in the AFC West please.

LOL at the idea of McDaniels and Tebow together scaring anyone. I would love it, if possible please clone them three times and put them on the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers.

fontaine
12-09-2012, 12:34 PM

Learning not to cheat, be a power hungry dipshiat and piss off other coaches doesn't make you good head coach.

It'll just mean McDaniels will grow from being an aids riddled sh*t stain to just an average ordinary sh*t stain.

BroncoDoom
12-09-2012, 01:35 PM

Wow. I didn't know these types ^^^ still existed...and judging by your avatar I can tell you have the mental capacity of a boy hitting puberty. In reality your probably a fat middle aged beer bellied bro with a addiction to Viagra and internet porn. Can we knock this dude back to NOOB status?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 01:44 PM
McDaniels wouldn't even put Tebow in with his job on the line. Stayed with Orton.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Wow. I didn't know these types ^^^ still existed...and judging by your avatar I can tell you have the mental capacity of a boy hitting puberty. In reality your probably a fat middle aged beer bellied bro with a addiction to Viagra and internet porn. Can we knock this dude back to NOOB status?

Hahahaha a butt-hurt Cutler apologist. Move on Sr, move on.

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Hilarious!

baja
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
LOL at the idea of McDaniels and Tebow together scaring anyone. I would love it, if possible please clone them three times and put them on the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers.

Oh I don't think it will work out but on the long shot it does I want no part of it in the AFC West

BroncoDoom
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Hahahaha a butt-hurt Cutler apologist. Move on Sr, move on.

Not at all. Just a intelligent fan who has loved Broncos football since 1980. I wish idiots like you were not part of this sport. SR

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
McDaniels wouldn't even put Tebow in with his job on the line. Stayed with Orton.

McD did a lot of stupid things, like moving up and trading for Tebow. But still, we are talking about X's and O's here. And McD is really good at that no matter what hatting homers around here think.

spdirty
12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
LOL nothing like a little Florio/Mcdip**** rumor to get the drama ramped up on this board.

I hope one of our dumbass division foes gives him a sencond chance. Would love to ramp up the hate in this division and see the team that Elway saved and rebuilt push his **** in twice a year. No mercy kneeldowns with that little asshole.

BroncoDoom
12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I love the censored swearing underneath the pervs lame avatar. What a juxtaposition! TE MODS OF THIS BOARD ARE ****ING VIAGRA ADDICTED IDIOTS TOO!

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Not at all. Just a intelligent fan who has loved Broncos football since 1980. I wish idiots like you were not part of this sport. SR

Wow... Don't tell? You have been watching Bronco football since 1980? Wow.. does that get you a special plate next to your headstone the day you are put to rest? Please! And you called me a boy hitting puberty. I have been watching Bronco football since 2000. Wasn't spoiled with growing up with Elway. Does that make me any less of a fan? Heck to the no! I am 28 now and have love Bronco football too ever since. I can step aside and look things objectively. If you know that word.

Just because I think McD is great X's and O's guy, sucks as a GM, but was stuck with a bad situation (expect for some pieces on O and Doom and Champ), makes me any less of a fan? Sorry to know you have a vag that irritates so easily.

Redneck, Hillbilly inbred like you should not be allowed to post here. Good to know you don't post often! Good day Sr, good day.

Action
12-09-2012, 02:10 PM
The hate in this thread is hilarious. Are people seeing what the Patriots offense is doing this year with both their TE's injured? Hernandez and Gronk has played in how many games together this year? Last year, Rams struggled and everyone laughed at McDaniels. Now, people are SCARED to play the Patriots because of their offense and no one even wants to mention McDaniels. He shut you guys up pretty quick within less a year.

Everyone was quick to jump to the gun last year when the Rams were struggling but didn't want to look at what's going on. This is what happens when you just point and laugh without looking at what's going on. They were severely injured last season and the offense that they practice in the shortened training camp didn't transition because everyone got injured.

McDaniels should be a very fine head coach, he just needed some room to grow.

And everyone talking about Orton being his "handpicked" QB is just as bad as people using the Moreno YPC stat.

The only QBs he had a choice of were of teams that were willing to pay the price for Cutler and there were not a plethora of QBs to choose from. The production he got from Orton was historical in itself.

The Broncos team that was left behind when Shanny left was not as good as people here are making it to be.

1st, they were an oline with attributes specifically for a zone blocking scheme... that's not going to work. And another reason they were able to perform so well was because of Rick Dennison, not Shanahan. Shanny pointed this out many times... yeah that Rick Dennison that's OC for the Houston Texans right now.

Fans can hate on McDaniels all they want but the ones with half a brain or more can see between the lines.

Heyneck
12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
The hate in this thread is hilarious. Are people seeing what the Patriots offense is doing this year with both their TE's injured? Hernandez and Gronk has played in how many games together this year? Last year, Rams struggled and everyone laughed at McDaniels. Now, people are SCARED to play the Patriots because of their offense and no one even wants to mention McDaniels. He shut you guys up pretty quick within less a year.

Everyone was quick to jump to the gun last year when the Rams were struggling but didn't want to look at what's going on. This is what happens when you just point and laugh without looking at what's going on. They were severely injured last season and the offense that they practice in the shortened training camp didn't transition because everyone got injured.

And everyone talking about Orton being his "handpicked" QB is just as bad as people using the Moreno YPC stat.

The only QBs he had a choice of were of teams that were willing to pay the price for Cutler and there were not a plethora of QBs to choose from. The production he got from Orton was historical in itself.

The Broncos team that was left behind when Shanny left was not as good as people here are making it to be.

1st, they were an oline with attributes specifically for a zone blocking scheme... that's not going to work. And another reason they were able to perform so well was because of Rick Dennison, not Shanahan. Shanny pointed this out many times... yeah that Rick Dennison that's OC for the Houston Texans right now.

Fans can hate on McDaniels all they want but the ones with half a brain or more can see between the lines.

This right here! Thank you!

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 02:13 PM

So now you are talking to yourself?

Action
12-09-2012, 02:19 PM
An HC needs to understand his players instead of jumping at the chance to call them "the player" to the media. .

Yeah I believe he stopped all that shortly after training camp of his 1st year.

Action
12-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Let me also add the team Shanahan left behind was, at it's core, filled with horrible characters.

To have a player that wished they would lose so the season would end (and they miss the playoffs) is just asinine.

That's why he's in Detroit now.

Action
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
And fans talking about hoping he coaches a team within this division... can you guys get any dumber?

You would really want a HC coaching a team that left our team on horrible terms in which the whole city never supported him while he was here? Even when he was winning? Did you not learn anything from the Shanahan/Raiders debacle?

Hamrob
12-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Any offensive minded coach needs an elite QB. That being said, I could see McD in Dallas, Carolina, SD, Cleveland.....or, How about this:

K.C.????

If he leaves the GM duties to a competent GM, and matures some, he can coach. I could see him and Lombardi together along with a top-notched DC. He's talented enough to convince another owner to give him a shot.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Patriots success = Belichick.

Not Bill O'brien. Not Mangini. Not Crennel. Not Weiss. Not Patricia. And Not McDaniels.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
And fans talking about hoping he coaches a team within this division... can you guys get any dumber?

You would really want a HC coaching a team that left our team on horrible terms in which the whole city never supported him while he was here? Even when he was winning? Did you not learn anything from the Shanahan/Raiders debacle?

I wish McD could coach all the teams in the AFC West besides Denver. He was 6-24 his last 30 games and he was arrogant, many of the players did not like him. And the only X and Os he was good at was the bubble screen which he ran to no end. The guy is the biggest turd Colorado has ever seen, even bigger than Dale Carter.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Look at Shanahan in Oakland. There is such a thing as being not ready for the top spot. Look at the offenses he has been part of that he was in chharge of. Record setting in points production. The guy is a subject to talent around him. Give him a team where a GM calls the shots and he can focus on the X and O of the game and good thingus are possible.

I hate him but don't think hihs 2 years are indicitive of what he coujd potentially do. Because of that I would rather him not be part of the AFC West

Shanny was 8-12 in oakland and fired way too early.

mCd's tenure ended in disgrace with all the ugly blowouts and the taping scandal.

I don't think his ego will ever allow him to be a great HC. Hell the dude even failed in St. Louis as an OC. Without Belly to tell him what to do and be the leader mCd is nothing.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM

You Are definetly in the minority if you cannot see the historic disaster McD did to this franchise

spdirty
12-09-2012, 02:49 PM

Yes I do. For the 1 or 2 years he coaches for a division foe I want to laugh at all of the stupid **** he does. I want to see the power struggles that will happen during draft day and free agency. I want direct revenge for the 2 years of hell he put us through. Competent assistants won't work with him. I want to see what whatever DC he gets (Wink Martindale?) try to stop Peyton Manning. I want to see this defense make his system look as retarded as it is without Brady, Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk. Remember, wherever he goes, he's not bringing any of his New England toys with him.

Why anyone gets scared by the thought of that immature little kid coming to the AFC West is hilarious. What the **** has he done without daddy Bill and Brady?

He's simply another failure from the Belichek coaching tree.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes I do. For the 1 or 2 years he coaches for a division foe I want to laugh at all of the stupid **** he does. I want to see the power struggles that will happen during draft day and free agency. I want direct revenge for the 2 years of hell he put us through. Competent assistants won't work with him. I want to see what whatever DC he gets (Wink Martindale?) try to stop Peyton Manning. I want to see this defense make his system look as retarded as it is without Brady, Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk.

Why anyone gets scared by the thought of that immature little kid coming to the AFC West is hilarious. What the **** has he done without daddy Bill and Brady?

Good point at running off competent coordinators. Nolan couldn't wait to leave.

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 02:54 PM

Being a good OC does not mean someone is ever going to be a good head coach. Overall the personality flaws McD exhibited while he was in Denver tell me he will probably never be a good head coach. Head coaches need to be masters of a lot more than X's and O's.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 02:57 PM

There was nothing redeeming about this guy.

mCd said that in game adjustments are overrated and he wouldn't adjust in game.

He totally wasted a ton of draft picks.

His 1st move as a HC was bringing a long snapper from NE. Maybe he pissed Cutler off 1st, I don't remember both happened so quickly.

He made Champ run conditioning sprints in TC.

Ran a decent DC off, then brought in a guy with no NFL experience to replace him.

Hired cheaters then didn't report when they cheated.

Want me to go on?

Bronkota
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Good point at running off competent coordinators. Nolan couldn't wait to leave.

I am sure his brother is ready to run an offense...

spdirty
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
The Patriots offense was just as deadly without him as it is with him. Interesting how much great players make a coach look smart.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Being a good OC does not mean someone is ever going to be a good head coach. Overall the personality flaws McD exhibited while he was in Denver tell me he will probably never be a good head coach. Head coaches need to be masters of a lot more than X's and O's.

Finally we agree on something! REP

He was terrible in St. Louis, he totally misused Steven Jackson and couldn't develop Sam Bradford. All he could do was CiDtL in Denver, St. Louis, and now NE.

Belly is the reason this douche has a gig. He should be coaching high school football.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 03:02 PM

Not Bill O'brien. Not Mangini. Not Crennel. Not Weiss. Not Patricia. And Not McDaniels.

Bill O'brien's friendship with Chip Kelly has more to do with what the Pats are doing on O then ****ing McDumbass.

errand
12-09-2012, 03:03 PM

How the **** did he have a 6-24 record over 30 games when his head coaching career was only 29 games?

He went 8-8 his first 16, then 3-10...that's an 11-18 record.

you hate him? OK...that's cool...but no need to make **** up about him.

Bigdawg26
12-09-2012, 03:05 PM

Yep! There is a reason why McDummy went back to the Pats after trying to be Belichick Jr. in denver (even down to AWFUL system he tried to build). Also, this is why none of the coaches from Belichick's tree turned into a even a decent head coach.

Requiem
12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
The hate and bitterness people still feel for Josh McDaniels is absolutely hilarious. Yes, he was poopy, but LOL.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 03:08 PM
How the **** did he have a 6-24 record over 30 games when his head coaching career was only 29 games?

He went 8-8 his first 16, then 3-10...that's and 11-18 record.

you hate him? OK...that's cool...but no need to make **** up about him.

HAHAHA I knew it did not sound right....:kiss:

I never let facts get in the way of a good argument though!

spdirty
12-09-2012, 03:24 PM
The hate and bitterness people still feel for Josh McDaniels is absolutely hilarious. Yes, he was poopy, but LOL.

I hope one day Peyton Hillis does bang his wife.

FearLanier
12-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Crennel was a pretty vital part of their SB winning teams. Their defense hasn't been the same without him and they haven't won a SB since he's been gone.

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 03:26 PM

I tend to think it's more Brady, but yeah...

elsid13
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM

Patriots success = Brady

Great teams have great QBs. Belichick looks like great head coach because he has great QB, give him Vince Young and he would look like an average NFL coach.

Requiem
12-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I hope one day Peyton Hillis does bang his wife.

Time to let go.

errand
12-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Just curious...if he has zero people skills why doesn't Brady also have a problem with him? As for the "he was going to let Bailey walk"....Mike let Elam,Sharpe, Berry and Atwater walk....so what's your point...bottom line is he didn't let Champ walk. As for his time as STL OC, all he had was Bradford and Jackson.

You want to hate him because he didn't fare very well as our HC....that's ok. 11-18 record with Spygate makes it understandable....but he also got rid of some clown players like Cutler and Marshall....Scheffler couldn't stay healthy either but all anyone wants to bitch about is Moreno missing some games. He traded away Hillis who was also a head case, one hit wonder.

People bitch about him, and they have reasons to be upset about his time here in Denver...nobody is arguing that.... but he also drafted or signed -

Beadles who is playing well now that he doesn't have to pass block for a journeyman or clown....

Tebow who some on here think single handedly led us to the division title and playoff win over Steelers....and while i think it was a combination of good play by him and the team and a little luck, he was a high character guy who was a breath of fresh air compared to the clown he traded in '09.

Thomas who has proven to be a beast, without the off field headaches....and is one of the hardest guys to stop on our team

Decker who is a pretty good WR in his own right......

Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers who has given us quality depth despite not living up to their lofty draft status

Tony Carter who was an UDFA in '09 for us....

Dawkins who helped us have a presence over the middle for the first time since Lynch retired...

sure he ****ed some things up...name a coach that hasn't. But his entire time here wasn't as complete a failure as some revisionists on here would have us believe.

Action
12-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I wish McD could coach all the teams in the AFC West besides Denver. He was 6-24 his last 30 games and he was arrogant, many of the players did not like him. And the only X and Os he was good at was the bubble screen which he ran to no end. The guy is the biggest turd Colorado has ever seen, even bigger than Dale Carter.

No one is saying he was great with his last stint at coaching. Belichick had 4 losing seasons and 1 winning season in his 5 years as the Browns head coach.

And the fact of the matter is, what he did he was obviously a stepping stone for him and something he COULD learn from as some other people with some brains in this thread have mentioned.

There is something in sports and life called progression and growth... sports fans seem to completely disregard this aspect and apparently disregard this aspect in their own lives which would explain the abundance of stupidity.

Action
12-09-2012, 03:40 PM
You Are definetly in the minority if you cannot see the historic disaster McD did to this franchise

What did my post have to do with me being blind of what he did to this franchise?

I suggest you are one of the people who thought he set this franchise 5 years back and we won the division the very next season?

I assume you are one of the idiots who post in the game thread every week that bring nothing but negative bull****?

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 03:40 PM
No one is saying he was great with his last stint at coaching. Belichick had 4 losing seasons and 1 winning season in his 5 years as the Browns head coach.

And the fact of the matter is, what he did he was obviously a stepping stone for him and something he COULD learn from as some other people with some brains in this thread have mentioned.

There is something in sports and life called progression and growth... sports fans seem to completely disregard this aspect and apparently disregard this aspect in their own lives which would explain the abundance of stupidity.

You do realize that most guys who fail as head coaches never turn it around later on right? Bringing up the examples of Shanahan and Belichick while ignoring dozens of guys who never showed anything after their first HC failure reveals a bit of intellectual dishonesty on your part.

errand
12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I mean who cuts their sleeves and copies someone? He wasn't trying to be McD. He's tries to be Belichick.

Well, perhaps after being humbled in his first stint as a HC, he realizes that he's Josh McDaniels, no matter how much he wanted to be Bill Belichick (intentional Wall Street reference)...who knows?

Action
12-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes I do. For the 1 or 2 years he coaches for a division foe I want to laugh at all of the stupid **** he does. I want to see the power struggles that will happen during draft day and free agency. I want direct revenge for the 2 years of hell he put us through. Competent assistants won't work with him. I want to see what whatever DC he gets (Wink Martindale?) try to stop Peyton Manning. I want to see this defense make his system look as retarded as it is without Brady, Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk. Remember, wherever he goes, he's not bringing any of his New England toys with him.

Well first off, Herenandez has been injured all season and he hasn't had Gronk or Hernandez on the same field. Gronk is obviously out for the year now.

Your whole argument is pretty crappy.

What has Belichick don't without Brady? What has Phil done without Kobe and Jordan and their supporting casts? What has Shanahan done without Elway and TD and Rod Smith and Ed and Sharpe? What has Coughlin done without Eli and his toys? What has Sean Payton done without Brees and his toys?? What has McCarthy done without Aaron Rodgers and his toys?

Theres a reason why Belichick hired McDaniels immediately...

Action
12-09-2012, 03:50 PM
You do realize that most guys who fail as head coaches never turn it around later on right? Bringing up the examples of Shanahan and Belichick while ignoring dozens of guys who never showed anything after their first HC failure reveals a bit of intellectual dishonesty on your part.

Yeah - however most of those coaches don't go back to coordinating at league leading levels.

I'm not saying McDaniels failed here means he'll succeed at his next stint... I'm using these examples to show that people CAN GROW.

And how many of those coaching failures were as young as McDaniels?

It's probably not even close considering he was one of the youngest HC's ever.

errand
12-09-2012, 03:51 PM

I honestly believe that Tebow threw the ball better in '10 than he did in '11....under McDaniel's tutelage.

Action
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I mean let's be honest, NFL fan bases are highly jaded especially the Broncos fan base. That whole Peyton Hillis debacle was hilarious... there were people on here that thought he was the second coming of Adrian Peterson and a 5 tool player Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I honestly believe that Tebow threw the ball better in '10 than he did in '11....under McDaniel's tutelage.

HA you bang on people all the time for getting facts wrong. McD was fired by the time Tebow played. McD nut huggers get all the facts wrong all the time.

errand
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM

One could argue that he knew Tebow wasn't ready in '10....he had a 4 year plan, but barely won enough games to make it to 2.

As for people saying coaches can't change...look at Tom Coughlin...he was considered a tyrant by some fans and players while in Jacksonville. He had decent teams, but nothing great...he learns from his failures and has become a potential HoF coach as NYG main man.....and he owns Belichick, which is something few current coaches can claim.

Doesn't mean McDaniels can become a good coach should he get a 2nd chance...but it also doesn't mean he won't either.

baja
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
What did my post have to do with me being blind of what he did to this franchise?

I suggest you are one of the people who thought he set this franchise 5 years back and we won the division the very next season?

I assume you are one of the idiots who post in the game thread every week that bring nothing but negative bull****?

You are relatively new here Action and you have been a welcome addition to the board. Let me give you a heads up about this board, with the exception of a precious few, this is not your glass half full / glass half empty type board. It is glass all full or glass all empty mentality.

Just read any game day thread to see what I mean.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Everyone talks about McDaniels people skills and ego and all that...

1st off, it's pretty obvious that most coaches have huge egos. I'm not sure why this is brought up with just McDaniels. Especially due to the fact that we had a HC with one of the biggest egos in the NFL prior to McDaniels (Shanny) I thought the fan base would be accustomed to it. There's really no difference in how McDaniels dealt with his ego and Shanahan deals with his. If Shanny disagrees with a coach, he's fired.

BB obviously has a huge ego too, but he deals with it a little differently from what I can see but who knows... Patriots are a winning team. If Patriots started to lose for whatever reason, we'd probably start hearing all sorts of negative crap.

You don't think Jim and John Harbaugh don't have egos? The list goes on.

And people skills...have you guys heard Belichicks interviews? Have you HEARD how he talks to his players during meetings? Go check it out. Maybe you'll learn something. If Patriots were a losing team you'd probably hear very similar things about BB.

McDaniels was young but he definitely has the X and O's in place... I believe if he's put in a position to grow he can succeed as an NFL HC.

24champ
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
McDaniels will be a head coach again, but given the short leash he was on in Denver...I'm not sure he wants to take over a rebuilding project in Cleveland.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
It's really sad that people are pinning Tebows success or failure with McDaniels considering he didn't get to coach him when he finally started.

errand
12-09-2012, 04:04 PM
He was 6-24 his last 30 games

His entire head coaching career was 29 games.....he finished 11-18.

errand
12-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Yes...so historic, we won the division twice in the two seasons since.

Again, I understand people not being huge fans of him...he did screw some things up. But he also brought in "team first" higher character players vs. coddling "me first" malcontent's like Cutler and Marshall.

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah - however most of those coaches don't go back to coordinating at league leading levels.

I'm not saying McDaniels failed here means he'll succeed at his next stint... I'm using these examples to show that people CAN GROW.

And how many of those coaching failures were as young as McDaniels?

It's probably not even close considering he was one of the youngest HC's ever.

Odds are very much against him, but you keep harping on the possibility of something happening in the future without any reason to think it actually will. Oh and there have been a lot of coordinators who have failed as head coaches only to return to being good coordinators once more. Hell we've had two DC's in the last three years that fit that description.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Actually if you have the energy to scramble through the last few game threads you'll see me callin out the clowns who over exxagerate a failed 3rd down or a manning incomplete pass.

I'm the exact opposite of what you just assumed about me. Which makes your take on McD even that much more out of touch IMO.

Action

No he didn't Hilarious!

He said a lot of things... but he showed growth. He said he wouldn't ever script the beginning of the game on offense and thought it was ridiculous. But guess what he started doing that was really successful? He started scripting plays.

That has led to the growth of the Patriots offense NOW as to why they can run such a high paced offense at blazing speed. Most Broncos fans can't see this tho as they are blind to anything relevant when it comes to McDaniels.

Yup. Who hasn't? I agree he screwed up a lot, but he maneuvered around the draft board like I've never seen.

Really? He made Champ run conditioning sprints because he wasn't in shape so McDaniels is the bad guy? He's making a professional NFL player run conditioning sprints, OH NO!

You do know that Champ was notorious for being out of shape at the beginning of the season but he always had enough talent to work his way back in. Reason being is, that Shanahan treated star players as if they deserved to work less hard than people who weren't as good.

Ran a decent DC off, then brought in a guy with no NFL experience to replace him.

Yup, a crappy move. Shanahan did that here too. So has Andy Reid. Probably has a lot to do with Broncos front office being complete crap at the time too.

Want me to go on?

No I don't, you sound like you're reading of the title of news articles or some headlines for the news... completely ridiculous considering we all know how stupid the media is.

DBroncos4life
His entire head coaching career was 29 games.....he finished 11-18.

Just like McD was FIRED before Tebow took over and had better passing numbers. Even though you claimed otherwise.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Everyone talks about McDaniels people skills and ego and all that...

1st off, it's pretty obvious that most coaches have huge egos. I'm not sure why this is brought up with just McDaniels. Especially due to the fact that we had a HC with one of the biggest egos in the NFL prior to McDaniels (Shanny) I thought the fan base would be accustomed to it. There's really no difference in how McDaniels dealt with his ego and Shanahan deals with his. If Shanny disagrees with a coach, he's fired.

BB obviously has a huge ego too, but he deals with it a little differently from what I can see but who knows... Patriots are a winning team. If Patriots started to lose for whatever reason, we'd probably start hearing all sorts of negative crap.

You don't think Jim and John Harbaugh don't have egos? The list goes on.

And people skills...have you guys heard Belichicks interviews? Have you HEARD how he talks to his players during meetings? Go check it out. Maybe you'll learn something. If Patriots were a losing team you'd probably hear very similar things about BB.

McDaniels was young but he definitely has the X and O's in place... I believe if he's put in a position to grow he can succeed as an NFL HC.

Anyone who performs any position at a high level needs to have an ego but people who succeed know how and when to keep it in check.

I think mCd thought he had to be a hard ass because he was younger than some of his players and he never played at the NFL level. He came in and laid down the law to guys who have been in the league longer than he was a coach. I doubt he does that the same way next time around.

He also proved to be immature by reveling in the win vs the Pat's like it was some sort of big deal. I have never seen a HC celebrate or get caught in a moment after his 5th win of the year, usually you only see that after a SB or AFC Championship victory. The game was too big for him, maybe the experience of failing at both Denver and St. Louis will temper his ego and maybe he will mature into a better leader his next go around but he has to prove that through his actions.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Actually if you have the energy to scramble through the last few game threads you'll see me callin out the clowns who over exxagerate a failed 3rd down or a manning incomplete pass.

I'm the exact opposite of what you just assumed about me. Which makes your take on McD even that much more out of touch IMO.

I haven't done research on you, nor have I followed or tracked you. I've followed McDaniels and tracked what he's done.

Not sure how you made a connection between what I know about you and what I know about McDaniels... other than the fact that you really don't have anything meaningful to say.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Nice healthy discussion we have here. Shame I'm out shopping with the ole lady.

I do agree patriots success also = Brady. Ownership to a degree too. Maybe some rouge video cameras also.

Until McD succeeds anywhere outside of NE ill have my opinion about him. Right now it's speculation vs results that have already happened. And those results say he sucks outside of NE

errand

That's true...some coaches reach their terminal positions as coordinators. Wade Phillips and Chan Gailey are servicable HC's...but excellent coordinators...Norv Turner is another example. Then again they said the same things about Belichick when he became Cleveland's HC...and Mike when he was fired from Oakland and went onto become SF's OC before landing in Denver'

I have noticed many on here talking about how McDaniels sucked except for when he had Brady as his QB...keep in mind he also helped Pats win 11 games after Brady got injured too. But please tell me, how many HC's have won anything consistently without a great QB?

HC's with talent win more than those who don't have talent...plain and simple.

Action
Anyone who performs any position at a high level needs to have an ego but people who succeed know how and when to keep it in check.

I think mCd thought he had to be a hard ass because he was younger than some of his players and he never played at the NFL level. He came in and laid down the law to guys who have been in the league longer than he was a coach. I doubt he does that the same way next time around.

He also proved to be immature by reveling in the win vs the Pat's like it was some sort of big deal. I have never seen a HC celebrate or get caught in a moment after his 5th win of the year, usually you only see that after a SB or AFC Championship victory. The game was too big for him, maybe the experience of failing at both Denver and St. Louis will temper his ego and maybe he will mature into a better leader his next go around but he has to prove that through his actions.

You've never seen a HC celebrate in season like that? You must haven't followed the NFL very long.

Also, I'm not sure how you can say the game was too big for him when HE WON THE GAME.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:17 PM

I do agree patriots success also = Brady. Ownership to a degree too. Maybe some rouge video cameras also.

Until McD succeeds anywhere outside of NE ill have my opinion about him. Right now it's speculation vs results that have already happened. And those results say he sucks outside of NE

Oh really? A coach struggles when he has no talent to run his plays?

What a huge revelation!

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Not sure how you made a connection between what I know about you and what I know about McDaniels... other than the fact that you really don't have anything meaningful to say.

You are speculating how I post in a game thread. And speculating how McD will be outside of NE. I've seen what he is without Belichick and Brady. I've seen him alienate Cutler and Bradford. There's "rumors" that during his first stint with NE Brady would go weeks without saying one word to him. Who knows of that's true

Action
12-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Odds are very much against him, but you keep harping on the possibility of something happening in the future without any reason to think it actually will. Oh and there have been a lot of coordinators who have failed as head coaches only to return to being good coordinators once more. Hell we've had two DC's in the last three years that fit that description.

No, he is not just a "good coordinator". He's returned this season as THE BEST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE LEAGUE. The odds are always against a coach in ANY situation, you do realize that?

However, he is young and has so much room for GROWTH which some people have no awareness of.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh really? A coach struggles when he has no talent to run his plays?

What a huge revelation!

I get it. You love him and I hate him.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
No he didn't Hilarious!

He said a lot of things... but he showed growth. He said he wouldn't ever script the beginning of the game on offense and thought it was ridiculous. But guess what he started doing that was really successful? He started scripting plays.

Elway told him that he should start scripting plays, I bet Bowlen was in the room when Elway told him. He only started scripting plays after losing games and not knowing how to staunch the losing.

That has led to the growth of the Patriots offense NOW as to why they can run such a high paced offense at blazing speed. Most Broncos fans can't see this tho as they are blind to anything relevant when it comes to McDaniels.

Pat's have always put up big points in the regular season, before him and after mCd. They were successful enough last year to make it to the SB, funny how when mCd showed up in their box they stepped on their dick again.

Yup. Who hasn't? I agree he screwed up a lot, but he maneuvered around the draft board like I've never seen.

It is value not movement that is important. Lots of people can place a call and make a move, getting quality players that are on your team more than 1 year is another thing all together.

Really? He made Champ run conditioning sprints because he wasn't in shape so McDaniels is the bad guy? He's making a professional NFL player run conditioning sprints, OH NO!

You do know that Champ was notorious for being out of shape at the beginning of the season but he always had enough talent to work his way back in. Reason being is, that Shanahan treated star players as if they deserved to work less hard than people who weren't as good.

It is how he rubbed it in his face and kept him out of practice.

Yup, a crappy move. Shanahan did that here too. So has Andy Reid. Probably has a lot to do with Broncos front office being complete crap at the time too.

No I don't, you sound like you're reading of the title of news articles or some headlines for the news... completely ridiculous considering we all know how stupid the media is.
This makes no sense? Trying to blame the media for mCd's EPIC FAILURE?

Action
12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
You are speculating how I post in a game thread. And speculating how McD will be outside of NE. I've seen what he is without Belichick and Brady. I've seen him alienate Cutler and Bradford. There's "rumors" that during his first stint with NE Brady would go weeks without saying one word to him. Who knows of that's true

I am speculating what he COULD do outside of NE. I've said that and made that very clear.

Any coach in a bad situation with no players with fail... this is such a horrible argument people try to use to their benefit.

Where did he alienate Bradford?

Are we still blaming the whole Cutler situation on McDaniels right now?

Jesus Christ you people will make up and say ANYTHING to defend yourself.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I am speculating what he COULD do outside of NE. I've said that and made that very clear.

Any coach in a bad situation with no players with fail... this is such a horrible argument people try to use to their benefit.

Where did he alienate Bradford?

Are we still blaming the whole Cutler situation on McDaniels right now?

Jesus Christ you people will make up and say ANYTHING to defend yourself.

Look it up. Bradford wasn't happy soon after the McD hire. Action your a fiesty one. I like that. Gettin yelled at by the lady though for summoning on my phone in the middle of Santana Row. Have to run

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
No, he is not just a "good coordinator". He's returned this season as THE BEST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE LEAGUE. The odds are always against a coach in ANY situation, you do realize that?

However, he is young and has so much room for GROWTH which some people have no awareness of.

You keep wanting to gloss over how his offenses have looked with other Brady-less teams. Why is that?

Action
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
I get it. You love him and I hate him.

No, I don't really have any feelings towards him. I really hated a lot of the things he did here but I know who to blame.

All I know is, right now the Patriots are scoring 36 PPG in the most balanced offense in the league. I respect that

errand
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
There was nothing redeeming about this guy.

Nothing? Not even drafting some key contributors who are currently leading this division winning team that's 10-3?

When did he tell you this? His game plan vs. us this season (no huddle running game) is being applauded by analysts throughout the NFL...and is one of the reason some of the clowns on here hope we don't have to face Patriots in post season

Wasted a ton of picks? which ones?...for Alphonso Smith, I'll counter with Demaryius Thomas.....Beadles, Decker, Ayers and Moreno

His 1st move as a HC was bringing a long snapper from NE. Maybe he pissed Cutler off 1st, I don't remember both happened so quickly.

How many bad snaps did we have in '09 with our new long snapper? Why anyone cares about that as much as you is beyond me. And Cutler was already pissed off that mike was fired....McDaniels wanting Cassell was just the excuse he needed to bolt for greener pastures...or have you forgotten you, me and all the other Broncos fans are nothing but 6's compared to Bears fans being 10's

Really? So you think Champ is above staying in top condition to do his job? I guess you think our best cover corner should be gassed come the 4th qtr...ok, whatever dude.

Ever occur to you that had Mike fired worse DC, McDaniels would never have been hired, and all the above bitches, moans and groans would never have took place?

you get no argument from me here...I hate that he cheated...although I'm more pissed that he lost the game he cheated in....j/k (it's a joke)

Want me to go on?

In bold

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
You've never seen a HC celebrate in season like that? You must haven't followed the NFL very long.

Also, I'm not sure how you can say the game was too big for him when HE WON THE GAME.

I have been watching football since 1973, I have never seen a HC goose step around the field and fist pump with the crowd after the 5th week of the year.

It wasn't like he was celebrating with a group of players or coaches, the way he did it, it looked like he thought he singlehandedly won the game. It was embarrassing.

I have seen guys like Harbaugh be happy about winning a game late in the season giving them a playoff berth but I cannot remember a guy celebrating in week 5 like mCd did.

Lestat
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
if a team hires him and allow him GM powers they deserve all the crappy luck they get.
if you hire him as a coach only and make him toe the line he might end up being a good coach.

gyldenlove
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM

The Patriots offense is doing what it is doing because of Tom Brady. Tom Brady was there before Mcdaniels, he won super bowls before Mcdaniels, Tom Brady was there after Mcdaniels and went to a super bowl.

Mcdaniels was a failure because he made bad personnel decisions, bad coaching decisions and failed to adapt his system to the players.

A lot of the poor decisions Mcdaniels made have been masked by the coaching style of Fox and signing of Peyton Manning, the way Mcdaniels left this team only a small miracle could turn it into a serious playoff contender so quickly.

When we went from Shanahan to Mcdaniels we tried to fix the things that wasn't broken and ignored all the parts that were shattered on the floor.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
You keep wanting to gloss over how his offenses have looked with other Brady-less teams. Why is that?

Well you can also look at his offense with Matt Cassel if that supports to cause.

But I'm not really glossing over it, I've addressed what happened with the Rams. And the production of KYLE ORTON.

The fact is, any coordinator needs a star QB to excel. So to sit here and judge him with what he did with Orton and Bradford to what he did with Brady is a stupid comparison in itself.

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
No, I don't really have any feelings towards him. I really hated a lot of the things he did here but I know who to blame.

All I know is, right now the Patriots are scoring 36 PPG in the most balanced offense in the league. I respect that

Nothing has changed about the guy. He can scheme with Brady and Co. so that they score lots of points. Doesn't change how underwhelming he's been when he doesn't have Tom Brady to rely on.

errand
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I mean let's be honest, NFL fan bases are highly jaded especially the Broncos fan base. That whole Peyton Hillis debacle was hilarious... there were people on here that thought he was the second coming of Adrian Peterson and a 5 tool player Hilarious!

The OM has been the one place where some epic takes have been uttered...

some notable ones were -

how "Brian Griese, when given protection is the NFL's most efficient QB- bar none"

...another was how the signing of Jake Plummer was a "mistake of colossal proportions"

...and how "Tebow will or could potentially revolutionize the QB position"

Un****ingbelievable...LOL

Action
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
The Patriots offense is doing what it is doing because of Tom Brady. Tom Brady was there before Mcdaniels, he won super bowls before Mcdaniels, Tom Brady was there after Mcdaniels and went to a super bowl.

This is such a misleading biased passage.

Go look at Tom Brady's stats and QB rating prior to McDaniels. And a huge reason why the Patriots won those SB's because they had elite defenses.

Tom Brady went to the Super Bowl with McDaniels too, but you fail to mention that. Why? Biased?

Mcdaniels was a failure because he made bad personnel decisions, bad coaching decisions and failed to adapt his system to the players.

The thing is, he shouldn't have been in charge of personnel decisions to begin with. I blame Bowlen or whomever was responsible for this.The front office...etc.. not giving a young head coach (32?) in his first stint a foundation to grow.

You can only adapt your system so much. What he ran was COMPLETELY different than Shanahan... team in the league have a system in place and draft players that FIT the system. That's a winning formula...

A lot of the poor decisions Mcdaniels made have been masked by the coaching style of Fox and signing of Peyton Manning, the way Mcdaniels left this team only a small miracle could turn it into a serious playoff contender so quickly

What has been masked exactly? I think everything he's done is pretty well documented.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Nothing has changed about the guy. He can scheme with Brady and Co. so that they score lots of points. Doesn't change how underwhelming he's been when he doesn't have Tom Brady to rely on.

This argument is poor, you can say that about ANYONE and ANY COACH. Why are you glossing over THAT?

And like I said, look at what he's done with Cassel when Brady went down and point to me any other OC in NFL history that has done that.

errand
12-09-2012, 04:38 PM

But there is that one small problem of the Patriots going 11-5 when Brady was injured....with the same Matt Cassell who is laughed at daily on here....who hadn't started a game since high school.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 04:38 PM
In bold

Nothing? Not even drafting some key contributors who are currently leading this division winning team that's 10-3?
Everyone hits on a few players, I am glad we got a few starters out of his short regime.

When did he tell you this? His game plan vs. us this season (no huddle running game) is being applauded by analysts throughout the NFL...and is one of the reason some of the clowns on here hope we don't have to face Patriots in post season

He said this in a presser. I watched just about every one of his pressers.

Wasted a ton of picks? which ones?...for Alphonso Smith, I'll counter with Demaryius Thomas.....Beadles, Decker, Ayers and Moreno

What about Bath, Richard Quinn, Olsen, McKinnley, Brandstater, Schulter, Cox, Olsen, Thompson, Kirlew?

How many bad snaps did we have in '09 with our new long snapper? Why anyone cares about that as much as you is beyond me. And Cutler was already pissed off that mike was fired....McDaniels wanting Cassell was just the excuse he needed to bolt for greener pastures...or have you forgotten you, me and all the other Broncos fans are nothing but 6's compared to Bears fans being 10's

I didn't complain about losing Cutler, Cutler is a douche who will never win a SB. I do think Marshal is a stud and though he was a head case his production this year speaks for it's self.

Really? So you think Champ is above staying in top condition to do his job? I guess you think our best cover corner should be gassed come the 4th qtr...ok, whatever dude.

I think he could have handled it better, even Tom Coughlin learned that you cant treat everyone the same way.

Ever occur to you that had Mike fired worse DC, McDaniels would never have been hired, and all the above b****es, moans and groans would never have took place?

Who cares what Mike did, It was a year removed from his poor DC choice. Bringing in a guy with no experience at the NFL level to run a D was a joke.

In Orange

Action
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
if a team hires him and allow him GM powers they deserve all the crappy luck they get.
if you hire him as a coach only and make him toe the line he might end up being a good coach.

This...

Hating McDaniels is like yelling at a 2 year old baby for getting his clothes dirty after eating.

errand
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
HA you bang on people all the time for getting facts wrong. McD was fired by the time Tebow played. McD nut huggers get all the facts wrong all the time.

I know that...but who was working and training and developing Tebow throughout the first 13 games clown? Or do you think Tebow never picked up the ball until he started week 14?

errand
12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
It's really sad that people are pinning Tebows success or failure with McDaniels considering he didn't get to coach him when he finally started.

Yeah, but McDaniels drafted him...worked with him, and was spending time developing him. Some on here act like Tebow never got any training or worked on his throwing motion until McDaniels was fired.

Agamemnon
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM
But there is that one small problem of the Patriots going 11-5 when Brady was injured....with the same Matt Cassell who is laughed at daily on here....who hadn't started a game since high school.

Matt Cassel took over a team that had gone undefeated in the regular season the year before. I'm not that impressed.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Everyone hits on a few players, I am glad we got a few starters out of his short regime.

McDaniels has "hit" on more starters in his 2 drafting periods (1 with no preparation) than Shanahan since 2000. (I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's close. He's definitely hit on more players than Shanny could in 2 or 3 years)

What about Bath, Richard Quinn, Olsen, McKinnley, Brandstater, Schulter, Cox, Olsen, Thompson, Kirlew?

McBath and Cox are currently playing for the best defense in the league.

Listing a player that killed himself is a bit illogical and desperate on your part.

Seth Olsen - 4th round 32nd pick
Brandstater - 6th round 1st pick
Kerlew - 7th round 25th pick
Thompson - 7th round 18th pick

Are you really that desperate as to list these late round picks? Are you attempting to say he screwed up because he failed on those picks in the late rounds? You do realize most players that drafted don't end up starting let alone players in the 4th round, 6th round, and 7th round.

errand
12-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Just like McD was FIRED before Tebow took over and had better passing numbers. Even though you claimed otherwise.

Tebow had a 50% completion pct as rookie...46% as a 2nd year player.

Again, are you trying to say that McDaniels drafted Tebow and then didn't give him any training whatsoever? Who was training Tebow when he was a rookie?

Action
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah, but McDaniels drafted him...worked with him, and was spending time developing him. Some on here act like Tebow never got any training or worked on his throwing motion until McDaniels was fired.

Yeah he did that under how he would run the offense. Tebows motion was greatly improved since he was drafted to when McDaniels got fired.

That's like blaming Alex Smith's failure on whomever was his HC/OC worked with him in his 1st and 2nd year.

Let's be honest, if Tebow succeed and was still here John Fox/McCoy would get all the credit and none would go to McDaniels. It's ass backwards.

McDaniels definitely had a lot to do with his development but what Tebow was doing under McCoy was completely different even though it was the same system... and then last year was just completely different. McCoy did Tebow no favors in his play calling to help his development.

errand
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM

Nobody said otherwise....however, some of us think he's just like any other HC. If he has a talented team, he can win....if he doesn't he won't. But the main argument was as an X and O's guy he is vastly superior than he is as a GM, draft expert...which is irrefutable

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I know that...but who was working and training and developing Tebow throughout the first 13 games clown? Or do you think Tebow never picked up the ball until he started week 14?

ROFL!LOL:giggle:Hilarious! Tebow wouldn't even have played if McD had not got fired. Stud and McCoy get all the credit for Tebow in the 10 season.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Tebow had a 50% completion pct as rookie...46% as a 2nd year player.

Again, are you trying to say that McDaniels drafted Tebow and then didn't give him any training whatsoever? Who was training Tebow when he was a rookie?
You got proven wrong ROFL!LOLHilarious! Keep trying though it's cute.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Matt Cassel took over a team that had gone undefeated in the regular season the year before. I'm not that impressed.

Oh and I wonder who was responsible for that offense last season? Again, you're just being biased. You do realize Matt Cassel threw for 97 total yards in college?

You're really being a hypocrite here and dodging the facts...

Coaching can't succeed without great players. You're saying you're not impressed with anything McDaniels did because he had good players.

If this is the case, you shouldn't be impressed with anyone who wins the Super Bowl.

Action
12-09-2012, 04:57 PM
I have been watching football since 1973, I have never seen a HC goose step around the field and fist pump with the crowd after the 5th week of the year.

It wasn't like he was celebrating with a group of players or coaches, the way he did it, it looked like he thought he singlehandedly won the game. It was embarrassing.

I have seen guys like Harbaugh be happy about winning a game late in the season giving them a playoff berth but I cannot remember a guy celebrating in week 5 like mCd did.

1st off, you said the game was too big for him yet he won... care to address that?

It was embarrassing because the game meant a lot to him? The players were happy for him too. I guess that doesn't matter.

Oh there have been many coaches with huge celebrations...some just can't maneuver like McDaniels because their so old/fat but it happens you're just being oblivious with your bias.

baja
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't have a dog in this hunt but the biggest mis play in this whole saga is on Pat Bowlen. He gave all that unchecked power to a 32 year old first time HC. A mistake of colossal proportions.

Action
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't have a dog in this hunt but the biggest mis play in this whole saga is on Pat Bowlen. He gave all that unchecked power to a 32 year old first time HC. A mistake of colossal proportions.

Yes, this...

errand
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Umm, he had just coached the Broncos to a come from behind OT victory over the Patriots and his former boss and mentor. I think it was an emotional win for him...you know, like Darth Vader getting the best of Obi Wan, etc.

Not to mention it put the Broncos at 5-0....after people said he wouldn't do much in Denver...forgive him for being happy about that.

Arkie
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM
This...

Hating McDaniels is like yelling at a 2 year old baby for getting his clothes dirty after eating.

Hiring a 2 year old baby to keep his clothes clean is about as silly as hiring McDaniels to lead a team.

errand
12-09-2012, 05:18 PM

You're probably right...

We as fans have the benefit of hindsight to see that he was in over his head as a czar type of HC.....most look at things emotionally, and years later revise history.

Look at Dan Reeves....when he was first hired as our HC he led Broncos to 10-6 finish with an old QB nobody thought would be any good. His offense was considered cutting edge back in the day as he was former Cowboys OC...and he led us to 4 AFC conference title games winning 3.

But losing those SB's and clashing with Elway has led to people claiming he sucked as a head coach, that he couldn't draft, etc...because they are looking at the team emotionally.

McDaniels deserved to be fired for going 11-18 and cheating in SpygateII....but to say he will never be a good HC is specualtion (just as saying he will is) and that he did nothing good here in Denver isn't accurate at all.

Lestat
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
You're probably right...

We as fans have the benefit of hindsight to see that he was in over his head as a czar type of HC.....most look at things emotionally, and years later revise history.

Look at Dan Reeves....when he was first hired as our HC he led Broncos to 10-6 finish with an old QB nobody thought would be any good. His offense was considered cutting edge back in the day as he was former Cowboys OC...and he led us to 4 AFC conference title games winning 3.

But losing those SB's and clashing with Elway has led to people claiming he sucked as a head coach, that he couldn't draft, etc...because they are looking at the team emotionally.

McDaniels deserved to be fired for going 11-18 and cheating in SpygateII....but to say he will never be a good HC is specualtion (just as saying he will is) and that he did nothing good here in Denver isn't accurate at all.

he drafted some solid players but most of his reign here was negative. but without it we don't get Von or Elway. no Elway, no Peyton.

errand
12-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Exactly.

guess Bowlen figured he'd catch lightning in a bottle twice.

spdirty
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Well first off, Herenandez has been injured all season and he hasn't had Gronk or Hernandez on the same field. Gronk is obviously out for the year now.

Your whole argument is pretty crappy.

What has Belichick don't without Brady? What has Phil done without Kobe and Jordan and their supporting casts? What has Shanahan done without Elway and TD and Rod Smith and Ed and Sharpe? What has Coughlin done without Eli and his toys? What has Sean Payton done without Brees and his toys?? What has McCarthy done without Aaron Rodgers and his toys?

Theres a reason why Belichick hired McDaniels immediately...
The guys ego was so big he thought he could turn a high school quarterback into Tom Brady. But when he tried with Orton, Simms, and Bradford, it was a big damn failure. What the **** is it about recent history do you not understand? Is your first name Ben by chance? It would explain a lot if it was. The only reason why Tebow had any kind of success was because McCoy and Fox CHANGED THE OFFENSE into an ultraconservapuss type offense. If at any time you try to get Tebow to run McDaniels offense at quarterback, whether its with 1, 2, or 10 years of coaching before he steps on that field, it will end in failure. That is not the type of quarterback Tebow is. But McEgo thought, in his own mind, that he could.

Yeah, and in coming here he had more offensive talent than this team had seen in 10 years. He didn't want to work with that talent. Instead he wanted to get his own talent and go 2-8 to finish 2009 and 3-9 in 2010. I don't think you could screw this team up worse than he did if you tried.

What he did to this team is indefensable. And of course someone wants to try and defend it. Its a damn miracle what Elway was able to to in such a short period of time.

Look, I don't want to relive the McScandals era, it's too painful. I just hope he comes to the AFC West. With his eye for talent, and yes, as coach he will have a say in who they bring in here, and with his what, 20% success rate in the draft, as well as his coaching, it will be a lot of fun. My biggest hope is that he goes to Kansas City, with his dream quarterback, and we can watch and laugh as Kansas City continues to suck and their scarce fans continue to wear black when going to games.

oubronco
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM
The NE offense is not McDipshyt's it is Bellychick's and always has been

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
McDaniels has "hit" on more starters in his 2 drafting periods (1 with no preparation) than Shanahan since 2000. (I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's close. He's definitely hit on more players than Shanny could in 2 or 3 years)

McBath and Cox are currently playing for the best defense in the league.

Listing a player that killed himself is a bit illogical and desperate on your part.

Seth Olsen - 4th round 32nd pick
Brandstater - 6th round 1st pick
Kerlew - 7th round 25th pick
Thompson - 7th round 18th pick

Are you really that desperate as to list these late round picks? Are you attempting to say he screwed up because he failed on those picks in the late rounds? You do realize most players that drafted don't end up starting let alone players in the 4th round, 6th round, and 7th round.

This is about mCd not Shanny. You said for every Smith there was a DT, not true.

baja
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Exactly.

guess Bowlen figured he'd catch lightning in a bottle twice.

Except that as it turned out Bowlen had to fire his "coach for life" for the very same thing and creates the very same atmosphere for disaster with Shanny's replacement. Talk about your short memory!

Dr. Broncenstein
12-09-2012, 05:39 PM
The Belichick Trojan horse about to ride again. Can't wait to watch the predictable hilarity ensue.

errand
12-09-2012, 05:41 PM

So you think Cassell is just as talented as Brady? I don't...I think he's another Don Majkowski. That makes it impressive that a kid like him, the only known NFL QB to start a game after never having started one in college, was able to play as well as he did. some of that credit has to go to McDaniels

Hell, the Broncos handed the keys to a SB winning team to a guy who won a NCAA national championship and went 6-10. Meanwhile, McDaniels had a guy who hadn't started a solitary game in college and went 11-5.

I understand to an extent why most on here hate the guy...he didn't win enough games and he made some major mistakes...but give credit where credit is due.

He ****ed up some draft picks...sure. He also made some shrewd picks too in Thomas over Dez Bryant, Tebow over Jimmy Clausen, Decker when nobody thought he would return 100%.

when you start dismissing the things he did well, then you're just biased and will never look at the situation logically.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 05:47 PM
1st off, you said the game was too big for him yet he won... care to address that?

It was embarrassing because the game meant a lot to him? The players were happy for him too. I guess that doesn't matter.

Oh there have been many coaches with huge celebrations...some just can't maneuver like McDaniels because their so old/fat but it happens you're just being oblivious with your bias.

Being a HC and having say in personnel was too big for him. He could not adapt. He was in over his head. He thought winning was about him and he never put the team 1st.

He came out talking about building a tough and smart team and ended up producing a finesse team that did stupid things like try to throw a screen to a LT. I remember a loss to Indy where he kept running the same play over and over on 3rd and 1 and never converted. Why keep running KM wide on 3rd and short on a stretch play when you need one tough yard? Because he was willing to lose the game to prove a point. He could have called any number of short yardage plays to convert but kept calling the same exact play over and over in the same situation.

It is embarrassing that he thought beating a team we owned for years in week 5 was a big deal. I would never think of showing up anyone who helped me get to where I was in a situation like that. I have had a couple times where I had people above me fired who I respected and I have been promoted in their place. I never told them I would shake later then march around the office on a victory lap. That was bush league amateur hour.

errand
12-09-2012, 05:50 PM
This is about mCd not Shanny. You said for every Smith there was a DT, not true.

He didn't say that...I did.

You listing guys draft in 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round as wasted picks is laughable.....I named Smith because he traded a 1st rounder to get him.

He missed on Smith, but hit it out of the park with Thomas...or is that not accurate?

errand
12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Except that as it turned out Bowlen had to fire his "coach for life" for the very same thing and creates the very same atmosphere for disaster with Shanny's replacement. Talk about your short memory!

Mike going 24-24 over his last 3 seasons coupled with late season collapses and stubborn loyalty to his DC was cause enough for his dismissal...just as SpygateII and going 11-18 was cause enough for Josh getting canned.

Thank God Bowlen got the right guy this time around.....

colonelbeef
12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Idiocy.

The same personality flaws will continue to exist. He is not now, nor will he ever be a successful head coach.

Tell me, how has the New England offense changed exactly? The Pats were successful before he was a towelboy, were successful after he left the team without a dropoff, and continue to be successful.

The Pats are successful because of Belichick and Brady, not because of the coordinators. This has been proven ad nauseum. Whoever hires him deserves their impending failure.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 06:04 PM
He didn't say that...I did.

You listing guys draft in 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round as wasted picks is laughable.....I named Smith because he traded a 1st rounder to get him.

He missed on Smith, but hit it out of the park with Thomas...or is that not accurate?

He also missed on Quinn in the 2nd, the jury is still out but appears Tebow is a bust, he blew 2 picks to move back up and get Tebow, he threw away an extra pick to get Smith. He had 2 1st round picks both years and we end up with an RB who almost was cut (inactive for 8 games this year) a DE who is a backup, and one Star player who had Lis Franc(sp?) when he drafted him and took 2 years to develop.

Dick Juron drafted Urlacker, does that make him an allstar talent evaluator as well?

I like having DT and Beadles on the team and am glad that KM and Ayers are contributing but just imagine what a real talent guy could have done with all the picks mCd had over those 2 years!

errand
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
You got proven wrong ROFL!LOLHilarious! Keep trying though it's cute.

LOL....

Yeah, McDaniels never worked with Tebow at all.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1170592/index.htm

oubronco
12-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Both McDipshyt and Tebow suck and won't amount to anything

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
LOL....

Yeah, McDaniels never worked with Tebow at all.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1170592/index.htm
Yeah he had great game plans for Tebow during the 10 season ROFL!LOLHilarious!

errand
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
He also missed on Quinn in the 2nd, the jury is still out but appears Tebow is a bust, he blew 2 picks to move back up and get Tebow, he threw away an extra pick to get Smith. He had 2 1st round picks both years and we end up with an RB who almost was cut (inactive for 8 games this year) a DE who is a backup, and one Star player who had Lis Franc(sp?) when he drafted him and took 2 years to develop.

Dick Juron drafted Urlacker, does that make him an allstar talent evaluator as well?

I like having DT and Beadles on the team and am glad that KM and Ayers are contributing but just imagine what a real talent guy could have done with all the picks mCd had over those 2 years!

so pray tell, name the GM or HC that hits on most of their draft picks?

some draft years have more talent in them than others, like the '71 and '83 drafts had more good QB's in them than other drafts have had.

errand
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah he had great game plans for Tebow during the 10 season ROFL!LOLHilarious!

LOL...Has nothing to do with the debate....I said Tebow threw the ball better when McDaniels was his HC...fact is he did throw the ball better after working with McDaniels. Nothing was said about his plans for Tebow.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
so pray tell, name the GM or HC that hits on most of their draft picks?

some draft years have more talent in them than others, like the '71 and '83 drafts had more good QB's in them than other drafts have had.

Please tell me your not using the lack of draftable talent as an arguement as to the reason so many of his drafted players washed out.

Your hitting the bottom of the barrel.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
LOL...Has nothing to do with the debate....I said Tebow threw the ball better when McDaniels was his HC...fact is he did throw the ball better after working with McDaniels. Nothing was said about his plans for Tebow.

Tebow didn't throw the ball when McD was his coach Hilarious!LOLROFL!LOLHilarious! The fact is he PLAYED when McD wasn't his coach.

errand
12-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Please tell me your not using the lack of draftable talent as an arguement as to the reason so many of his drafted players washed out.

Your hitting the bottom of the barrel.

no, unlike you, I know the draft is a crap shoot....some players never pan out (Marcus Nash)...others take couple years to develop (Thomas)...others look good as rookies, then disappear (Croel). I'm sure if HC's had crystal b alls and the benefit of hindsight they'd have selected differently....but they don't. they draft the guy they believe will help their team in the areas they believe need upgrading

You evidently think every player picked should provide instant dividends and success

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Tebow didn't throw the ball when McD was his coach Hilarious!LOLROFL!LOLHilarious! The fact is he PLAYED when McD wasn't his coach.

I love how mCd built his "wild horses" package around Orton and NOT Tebow.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
no, unlike you, I know the draft is a crap shoot....some players never pan out (Marcus Nash)...others take couple years to develop (Thomas)...others look good as rookies, then disappear (Croel). I'm sure if HC's had crystal b alls and the benefit of hindsight they'd have selected differently....but they don't. they draft the guy they believe will help their team in the areas they believe need upgrading

You evidently think every player picked should provide instant dividends and success

My point isn't about drafting percentages it is about the choices mCd made. I thought this discussion was about mCd?

errand
12-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Really? He never threw the ball in practice at all during the '10 season? What did he do when the rest of the team was practicing?

See the way it works is you draft a player who may or may not be ready to play...either way he practices and works on his skills....and depending on what he's being taught and how well he retains the knowledge determines his success or lack thereof when he finally does see live action.

Tebow was being taught by McDaniels in '10.....when he got his chance to play, he took what he learned from McDaniels in practice and tried to apply it on the field of play. how that eludes you is beyond me, but like they say....you can't fix stupid.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
I love how mCd built his "wild horses" package around Orton and NOT Tebow.

Only thing worse then that is people defending McD for the things he did as the HC at Denver. LOL

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Only thing worse then that is people defending McD for the things he did as the HC at Denver. LOL

Funny how they ran out of things to defend him with so quickly.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Really? He never threw the ball in practice at all during the '10 season? What did he do when the rest of the team was practicing?

See the way it works is you draft a player who may or may not be ready to play...either way he practices and works on his skills....and depending on what he's being taught and how well he retains the knowledge determines his success or lack thereof when he finally does see live action.

Tebow was being taught by McDaniels in '10.....when he got his chance to play, he took what he learned from McDaniels in practice and tried to apply it on the field of play. how that eludes you is beyond me, but like they say....you can't fix errand

Tebow has worked with every QB guru under the sun and you think it's all McD ROFL!LOLHilarious! This is like giving Jerry Glanville credit for Brett Favre because he drafted him. LOL

Stud and McCoy allowed Tebow to play. They gave him the game plan to be successful during his games starting yet you think because McD worked with him for a few months he made the light click for Tebow and not McCoy who worked with QB's.

errand
12-09-2012, 06:46 PM
My point isn't about drafting percentages it is about the choices mCd made. I thought this discussion was about mCd?

so why you arguing that he made some poor choices...nobody said he didn't.

But he also made some good selections too....Thomas, Decker, Moreno, Ayers, Beadles, Cox, Walton, Bruton, McBath, and Tebow were good to decent choices. That's 10 out of 19 selections that made the cut....

add in that 8 of them helped us win division last year

4 are currently starting for this team while those that are not starting (save for the injured) are contributing too like Bruton and Ayers.

those listed that are not currently on our team are on other NFL rosters contributing to their respective teams success

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM

You know it's sad when they are trying to pimp him on developing Tebow into a 50% passer one season. ROFL!

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 07:07 PM
http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/

Nice little timeline there. As well as pics.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Hiring a 2 year old baby to keep his clothes clean is about as silly as hiring McDaniels to lead a team.

You're right, and that's an indictment of Bowlen or whomever made that final decision.

Let the baby eat and play with his food.

McDaniels should have never been given full GM power and keys to the whole team. Should have had a legitimate GM in place and not give him full power over coaching personnel.

You know, kind of like Kubiak in Houston right now.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
so why you arguing that he made some poor choices...nobody said he didn't.

But he also made some good selections too....Thomas, Decker, Moreno, Ayers, Beadles, Cox, Walton, Bruton, McBath, and Tebow were good to decent choices. That's 10 out of 19 selections that made the cut....

add in that 8 of them helped us win division last year

4 are currently starting for this team while those that are not starting (save for the injured) are contributing too like Bruton and Ayers.

those listed that are not currently on our team are on other NFL rosters contributing to their respective teams success

Your going to get wood stuck under your fingernails scratching that hard against the bottom of the barrel.

Yes he opened his bronco career with 6 straight wins and picked 3 starters we still have 2 years later. Everyone wins games and hits on draft picks.

The facts are already stated in this thread why he was a poor HC, not sure why you can't see that he was an utter and complete failure as an HC while he was here and that his moves were suspect at best and down right failures at worst.

I am glad he and Tebow are gone and mCd's Total and Epic Failuire made it crystal clear to Bowlen that he needed a GM who knew football and personnel. I am so glad Elway wanted to stay a Bronco for life and came back as a GM. His moves have shaved years off the ugly rebuild we would have faced if we brought in the wrong GM and HC. Elway's choice of John Fox and their decision to see what they had in house last year really made this year possible. Being prepared and ready for the shot at PM was more prep than outright luck.

Go Broncos.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Are there people really questioning the NE offense this year and last? Are people that low on the intelligence scale to just post without any knowledge?

So the Patriots offense is much better this season than last, considering they're also running a different system.

Let's not mention Patriots are running at an extremely balanced attack averaging 285.5 passing yards per game and 140 rushing yards per game and #1 in total yards per game. Yeah, that's a whole 30 more rushing yards from last year to this year, and there were genius Broncos fans talking about McDaniels not liking to run the ball.

Let's not also add the fact that their 2 top offensive skill players are injured this season with their offensive line having the injury bug.

Oh yeah, an McDaniels is in control of the offense and BB delegates his work... BB has more input on the defensive side of the ball.

But yeah, we can all just base our posts off of emotion and how hurt we were about what happened here in Denver.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:21 PM

Yeah, I can plug Shanny's name in there with almost any other coach.... how about you address the multiple other things I've corrected you on. Such as Cox and McBath playing on the BEST DEFENSE IN THE NFL.

Wrong. The only thing that has run out is your IQ points. You've failed to address anything you've been corrected on and failed to address any post with depth. Your posts rely on "headline" language such as "EPIC FAILURE."

Nothing really much beyond that.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Are there people really questioning the NE offense this year and last? Are people that low on the intelligence scale to just post without any knowledge?

So the Patriots offense is much better this season than last, considering they're also running a different system.

Let's not mention Patriots are running at an extremely balanced attack averaging 285.5 passing yards per game and 140 rushing yards per game and #1 in total yards per game. Yeah, that's a whole 30 more rushing yards from last year to this year, and there were genius Broncos fans talking about McDaniels not liking to run the ball.

Let's not also add the fact that their 2 top offensive skill players are injured this season with their offensive line having the injury bug.

Oh yeah, an McDaniels is in control of the offense and BB delegates his work... BB has more input on the defensive side of the ball.

But yeah, we can all just base our posts off of emotion and how hurt we were about what happened here in Denver.

I am sure Belly realized that it was the lack of a run game last year that hurt them in the SB and he addressed it. I don't think Belly has the freedom you think he does but I would love to read any articles you have that prove that mCd is in charge of the O and free to do as he wishes.

If anything mCd's lack of balance in his Denver and St. Louis offenses prove he is not the one running the ballanced attack and it is coming from Belly.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Being a HC and having say in personnel was too big for him. He could not adapt. He was in over his head. He thought winning was about him and he never put the team 1st.

You said the game was too big for him in reference to the NE game in which he WON but you're sidetracking now.

Yes, he was way in over his head with his responsibilities as a young HC but you should be mad at the people who let him have that power.

He never put the team 1st? What in the hell are you even talking about with this giberish?

He came out talking about building a tough and smart team and ended up producing a finesse team that did stupid things like try to throw a screen to a LT.

So? It's called creativity. Sometimes things fails sometimes they work...that's what happens... you know kind of like throwing to a defensive tackle running a flat route for a touchdown? Where he has to catch the ball over his shoulder?

I remember a loss to Indy where he kept running the same play over and over on 3rd and 1 and never converted. Why keep running KM wide on 3rd and short on a stretch play when you need one tough yard? Because he was willing to lose the game to prove a point. He could have called any number of short yardage plays to convert but kept calling the same exact play over and over in the same situation.

You do realize we do the same damn thing now? So is McCoy trying to prove a point and not win the game because his ego?

It is embarrassing that he thought beating a team we owned for years in week 5 was a big deal. I would never think of showing up anyone who helped me get to where I was in a situation like that. I have had a couple times where I had people above me fired who I respected and I have been promoted in their place. I never told them I would shake later then march around the office on a victory lap. That was bush league amateur hour.

You seem to be someone who will never understand this. I cannot explain that to you with just logic because understanding this takes a bit more of logic and you seem to be missing some huge parts of your brain.

Your situation is nothing even comparable to McDaniels, so don't even try that BS. LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Pete Carroll and the Seattle DBs had an answer to that potent patriot offense.

Brady threw it 58 times. Ridley had 16 carries. Hardly balanced there

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 07:33 PM
I am sure Belly realized that it was the lack of a run game last year that hurt them in the SB and he addressed it. I don't think Belly has the freedom you think he does but I would love to read any articles you have that prove that mCd is in charge of the O and free to do as he wishes.

If anything mCd's lack of balance in his Denver and St. Louis offenses prove he is not the one running the ballanced attack and it is coming from Belly.
http://www.footballscoop.com/news/7637-how-chip-kelly-influenced-the-patriots-no-huddle

The Boston Globe came out with an interesting piece early this morning, explaining how Chip Kelly helped influence New England's use of the no-huddle.

The relationship between Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien all started with pick up basketball games between two east coast coaching staffs.

While Kelly was at the University of New Hampshire, the staff would sometimes travel up to Brown to talk schemes, and play the occasional pick up basketball game. It was there that Kelly started to share no huddle ideas with Brown assistant coach Bill O'Brien, and their friendship carried over to when Kelly went to Oregon and O'Brien joined the Patriots staff.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4731845/mcdaniels-didnt-meet-with-oregons-kelly

New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on Tuesday said he has never worked with Oregon coach Chip Kelly on improving the Patriots' no-huddle offense.

The Boston Globe reported on Tuesday that Kelly had met with Patriots coaches three times over the past two years, and that he "told the Patriots he was moving to a no-huddle that only used one word to signify everything involved in a play."

McDaniels, who spent last season as offensive coordinator for the Rams, rejoined the Patriots during the 2011 playoffs.

"I for one have actually never met Chip," McDaniels said in a conference call Tuesday. "I know Chip was around here maybe once or twice this spring. I never had an opportunity to sit down and speak with him, so I don't really have personally any relationship with Chip."

Seems like McD gets a lot of credit for stuff he doesn't really do.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM

McDaniels stated numerous times here that he loves to run the ball. This year isn't the 1st year McDaniels has shown he likes to run the ball... how about you go do some damn research?

New England has ALWAYS ran the ball with McDaniels. As a matter of fact, in every single year he's been OC there, they've always been top 8... this year they're #2 and the last year he was there they were 4... this is in reference to how many times they run the ball a game.

In the past 3 years when he wasn't there, they have dropped in that category and dropped to a low last year to 17th in the league.

When he was here, he ran the ball as much as he could but our blocking didn't transition well... as he was trying to run zone and power blocking at the same time and it wouldn't work... personnel issue. We were still 14th in the league in rushing attempts though.

Yeah, if you followed St. Louis and saw the injuries to that line, you'd understand why they couldn't run the ball or do anything for that matter.

Learn something, how about trying adding some HARD DATA or EVIDENCE to something.

Gutless Drunk
12-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Remember when he called the Ryan Clady left tackle screen play?

That was awesome.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.footballscoop.com/news/7637-how-chip-kelly-influenced-the-patriots-no-huddle

The Boston Globe came out with an interesting piece early this morning, explaining how Chip Kelly helped influence New England's use of the no-huddle.

The relationship between Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien all started with pick up basketball games between two east coast coaching staffs.

While Kelly was at the University of New Hampshire, the staff would sometimes travel up to Brown to talk schemes, and play the occasional pick up basketball game. It was there that Kelly started to share no huddle ideas with Brown assistant coach Bill O'Brien, and their friendship carried over to when Kelly went to Oregon and O'Brien joined the Patriots staff.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4731845/mcdaniels-didnt-meet-with-oregons-kelly

New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on Tuesday said he has never worked with Oregon coach Chip Kelly on improving the Patriots' no-huddle offense.

The Boston Globe reported on Tuesday that Kelly had met with Patriots coaches three times over the past two years, and that he "told the Patriots he was moving to a no-huddle that only used one word to signify everything involved in a play."

McDaniels, who spent last season as offensive coordinator for the Rams, rejoined the Patriots during the 2011 playoffs.

"I for one have actually never met Chip," McDaniels said in a conference call Tuesday. "I know Chip was around here maybe once or twice this spring. I never had an opportunity to sit down and speak with him, so I don't really have personally any relationship with Chip."

Seems like McD gets a lot of credit for stuff he doesn't really do.

Who said McDaniels invented their no huddle?

Action
12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Pete Carroll and the Seattle DBs had an answer to that potent patriot offense.

Brady threw it 58 times. Ridley had 16 carries. Hardly balanced there

You can't be this stupid... do you stay true to your name and stay drunk all the time?

So you're going to try and tell me the Patriots offense isn't balanced because of one game this season?

So you're saying that one game has more meaning than their SEASON as a whole?

Action
12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Did someone really just come in this thread and try to disprove the fact that Patriots have a balanced offense by posting one game in which they had to go unbalanced because they couldn't run?

Seriously? I hope this guy isn't a representation of the general Broncos fan.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
You can't be this stupid... do you stay true to your name and stay drunk all the time?

So you're going to try and tell me the Patriots offense isn't balanced because of one game this season?

So you're saying that one game has more meaning than their SEASON as a whole?

I'm just giving an example of a team punching them in the face. You're projecting again.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I can plug Shanny's name in there with almost any other coach.... how about you address the multiple other things I've corrected you on. Such as Cox and McBath playing on the BEST DEFENSE IN THE NFL.

Wrong. The only thing that has run out is your IQ points. You've failed to address anything you've been corrected on and failed to address any post with depth. Your posts rely on "headline" language such as "EPIC FAILURE."

Nothing really much beyond that.

How do the fact that Cox and McBath are not here on OUR team prove your point? My point is that mCd's guys washed out more than not.

Cox was involved in a heinous act that pointed to his character. mCd came in talking about having character guys and cleaning house to those that werent. Currently Cox is listed as 2nd on the depth chart, he is not starting on the best D in the league.

McBath was terrible when he was here. He was CUT by us then CUT again by Jacksonville. McBath is listed as the THIRD Safety on the depth chart and has no stats for this year that I can find.

Just because these guys are on San Fran doesn't make them good. They either had charater issues or were just outright cut, multiple times. I don't see how adding these 2 mistakes to your argument bolsters your case. It clearly weaken's it.

I have spent the last 2 hours going into depth about mCd's failures. At this point I feel your blind to just how bad the mCd era was.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Did someone really just come in this thread and try to disprove the fact that Patriots have a balanced offense by posting one game in which they had to go unbalanced because they couldn't run?

Seriously? I hope this guy isn't a representation of the general Broncos fan.

Why don't you just shut the **** up. All I pointed out was a Seattle team that stopped their potent offense. And did it while Brady threw 60 dam times.

GTFO tryin to spin this ****

Action
12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm just giving an example of a team punching them in the face. You're projecting again.

What is the point of this? Yeah, they struggled against a team... and?

Action
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Why don't you just shut the **** up. All I pointed out was a Seattle team that stopped their potent offense. And did it while Brady threw 60 dam times.

GTFO tryin to spin this ****

You fail to mention that you also said this

Hardly balanced there

As if you just disproved the fact that the Patriots offense is unbalanced.

come on son, are you drunk?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
What is the point of this? Yeah, they struggled against a team... and?

The point is he can be stopped. You're afraid about me being a general broncos fan while you could be mistaken for a patriots fan.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 07:52 PM
McD just rides the coat tails of things others around him at NE comes up with and some how he turns it into HC jobs. Not a bad gig if you can get it I guess.

Anyone that defends McD is on a KCstud level.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
How do the fact that Cox and McBath are not here on OUR team prove your point? My point is that mCd's guys washed out more than not.

Because they obviously have talent? So you're telling me pointing out that he selected players that are currently playing for the best defense in the NFL has nothing to do with what he did as a GM? I mean he DID SELECT those players?

They washed out more than not? You do realize that the draft is filled with only a small amount of players that make it right? You do realize that almost all teams select players that wash out more than not?

Didn't someone say 10 of the 19 players he selected are playing?

Cox was involved in a heinous act that pointed to his character. mCd came in talking about having character guys and cleaning house to those that werent. Currently Cox is listed as 2nd on the depth chart, he is not starting on the best D in the league.

Who said he's starting but he gets PT. I watch the 49ers, he's on the field. Again, you aren't digging deep enough. Cox is their 3rd CB...enough said.

McBath was terrible when he was here. He was CUT by us then CUT again by Jacksonville. McBath is listed as the THIRD Safety on the depth chart and has no stats for this year that I can find.

He's on the team? What part of this don't you understand?

Just because these guys are on San Fran doesn't make them good. They either had charater issues or were just outright cut, multiple times. I don't see how adding these 2 mistakes to your argument bolsters your case. It clearly weaken's it.

I have spent the last 2 hours going into depth about mCd's failures. At this point I feel your blind to just how bad the mCd era was.

No you have made numerous mistakes, and you haven't gone into any sort of depth. All you post is generalities with no depth.

Action
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
The point is he can be stopped. You're afraid about me being a general broncos fan while you could be mistaken for a patriots fan.

Yeah, I think I've posted enough around here to make it clear that I'm not.

And no one said they can't be stopped.

But, they're the best offense in the league which is why the 49ers and Patriots game will be highly viewed.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 07:57 PM
McD just rides the coat tails of things others around him at NE comes up with and some how he turns it into HC jobs. Not a bad gig if you can get it I guess.

Anyone that defends McD is on a KCstud level.

I didnt think there were anyone left. Now I wonder of there are any John Ralston supporters left

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
McDaniels stated numerous times here that he loves to run the ball. This year isn't the 1st year McDaniels has shown he likes to run the ball... how about you go do some damn research?

New England has ALWAYS ran the ball with McDaniels. As a matter of fact, in every single year he's been OC there, they've always been top 8... this year they're #2 and the last year he was there they were 4... this is in reference to how many times they run the ball a game.

In the past 3 years when he wasn't there, they have dropped in that category and dropped to a low last year to 17th in the league.

When he was here, he ran the ball as much as he could but our blocking didn't transition well... as he was trying to run zone and power blocking at the same time and it wouldn't work... personnel issue. We were still 14th in the league in rushing attempts though.

Yeah, if you followed St. Louis and saw the injuries to that line, you'd understand why they couldn't run the ball or do anything for that matter.

Learn something, how about trying adding some HARD DATA or EVIDENCE to something.

Still waiting for your link(s) proving mCd runs the Pat's O.

Now your down to blaming injuries for his failures in St. Louis?! mCd under utilized Jackson with the Rams and ended up getting fired after a single season. If it were not for Belly mCd would be out of work. Guys showing promise don't get fired after one season. mCd ran the worst offense in the NFL last year. Good coaches find ways to be successful. mCd never proved in Denver he could adapt to advesity nor did he prove that he could be patient enough to make an informed decision.

Remember how he went through an entire TC running a 3-4 base D then after losing a couple LB's he tried to start the season with a 4-3? Rather than let the next man up do his job he panic'ed and changed out the entire scheme at the last minute. The D was confused and out of position because they didn't have time to work on the 4-3. When he finally switched back to what they practiced in TC they started playing better.

Good coaches trust their players and get them in position to play well, mCd has yet to do this outside of Belly's sphere of influence.

Action
12-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Funny, again, how it's the same people who won't pass up the chance to laugh and point at McDaniels when he struggles but once he's coordinating the best offense in the league, and the very team every damn Broncos fan is scared to play, you guys don't mention his name.

You guys remind me of those fans who get shut up quick when you get proven wrong or you lose at something you were so passionate about. It's like you bottle up those emotions and just wait for the next opportunity...

I remember there were some people in here talking about how he would screw up the NE offense by the addition of Brandon Lloyd. Broncossteven being one of them.

I laugh at the fact the Patriots offense is so good and how they were able to score 190 points over a 4 game span (that's 47.5 ppg)... I laugh because I know somewhere in the Denver fan base because there is a hater in so much anger and tears inside due to another man is succeeding.

http://i.imgur.com/ZtI0V.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Funny, again, how it's the same people who won't pass up the chance to laugh and point at McDaniels when he struggles but once he's coordinating the best offense in the league, and the very team every damn Broncos fan is scared to play, you guys don't mention his name.

You guys remind me of those fans who get shut up quick when you get proven wrong or you lose at something you were so passionate about. It's like you bottle up those emotions and just wait for the next opportunity...

I remember there were some people in here talking about how he would screw up the NE offense by the addition of Brandon Lloyd. Broncossteven being one of them.

I laugh at the fact the Patriots offense is so good and how they were able to score 190 points over a 4 game span (that's 47.5 ppg)... I laugh because I know somewhere in the Denver fan base because there is a hater in so much anger and tears inside due to another man is succeeding.

So it's all McDaniels and no Belichick? I'm not afraid of those clowns. I want them to play Denver first in the playoffs. Shanahan owned the patriots. It wasn't until McD came through that this team has struggled against them.

Action
12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Still waiting for your link(s) proving mCd runs the Pat's O.

Seriously? You need links to know he's the offensive coordinator? You didn't do enough research of when he got hired by the Broncos to know how much control he had of the Patriots offense? You need links to show you that he calls the plays?

Now your down to blaming injuries for his failures in St. Louis?! mCd under utilized Jackson with the Rams and ended up getting fired after a single season.

Yes I'm blaming injuries, you do realize he wasn't the HC right?

Steven Jackson was injured on the VERY 1ST PLAY they ran last season, do you realize that? Do you realize he was playing injured last season? The whole coaching staff got removed, not just Josh McDaniels... let's put some DEPTH to what we're saying here.

Again, you are WRONG here once again, because you simply can't do any research and you have no knowledge of what goes on in the NFL.

If it were not for Belly mCd would be out of work. Guys showing promise don't get fired after one season. mCd ran the worst offense in the NFL last year. Good coaches find ways to be successful. mCd never proved in Denver he could adapt to advesity nor did he prove that he could be patient enough to make an informed decision.

Again, you're speaking in generalities. you do realize that he wasn't the HC right?

Why are you so quick to give all the credit to McDaniels for the Rams offense and none for the Patriots offense?

Remember how he went through an entire TC running a 3-4 base D then after losing a couple LB's he tried to start the season with a 4-3? Rather than let the next man up do his job he panic'ed and changed out the entire scheme at the last minute. The D was confused and out of position because they didn't have time to work on the 4-3. When he finally switched back to what they practiced in TC they started playing better.

I don't ever remember McDaniels starting the season running a 4-3.

Good coaches trust their players and get them in position to play well, mCd has yet to do this outside of Belly's sphere of influence.

again speaking in generalities with no actual depth or meaning to anything.

Action
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
So it's all McDaniels and no Belichick? I'm not afraid of those clowns. I want them to play Denver first in the playoffs. Shanahan owned the patriots. It wasn't until McD came through that this team has struggled against them.

Where do you get the idea that's it's all McDaniels and no Belichick? What does this even have to do with the post you quoted?

Shanahan owned the Patriots, he's a different COACH... how is that even brought up for comparison?

We only played one game against the Patriots when he was here and we won... what the **** are you even talking about?

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Because they obviously have talent? So you're telling me pointing out that he selected players that are currently playing for the best defense in the NFL has nothing to do with what he did as a GM? I mean he DID SELECT those players?

They washed out more than not? You do realize that the draft is filled with only a small amount of players that make it right? You do realize that almost all teams select players that wash out more than not?

Didn't someone say 10 of the 19 players he selected are playing?

Who said he's starting but he gets PT. I watch the 49ers, he's on the field. Again, you aren't digging deep enough. Cox is their 3rd CB...enough said.

He's on the team? What part of this don't you understand?

No you have made numerous mistakes, and you haven't gone into any sort of depth. All you post is generalities with no depth.

9 out of 19 guys are still in the NFL, only 7 are contributing to OUR team (I don't care that they are backups or journeymen for someone else), only 3 are starting full time. Are you saying this is above avg because I sure don't think so.

What mistakes have I made? Not counting 2 backups that are not on our team helping us win?

I have gone into all sorts of depth pointing out multiple flaws in mCd's talent evaluation, coaching, player management, game management, philosophy, and the fact that he hired and allowed a staff member to cheat without reporting it. Then I pointed out his failure with the Rams, leading the leagues worst Offense and all you can say to that is "Injuries"!

You are the one down to one argument, you haven't gone into any detail refuting my points and cannot provide links to back up your claims that mCd runs the Pat's O with a free hand.

Give it a rest, the guy failed in Denver, he failed in St. Louis and now he is back under the guy who gave him his break in the league and suddenly he is a hot prospect again.

What makes you think this guy isn't a bum and riding coat-tails? the fact he has 9 guys out of 19 playing in the NFL?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Where do you get the idea that's it's all McDaniels and no Belichick? What does this even have to do with the post you quoted?

Shanahan owned the Patriots, he's a different COACH... how is that even brought up for comparison?

We only played one game against the Patriots when he was here and we won... what the **** are you even talking about?

Your entire arguement here is based on the fact that McDaniel is the reason the patriots are succeeding. When in fact he has ****bird to do with it. I give Belichick 100% credit for their success.

Saying every dam bronco fan is scared of that team?

Action
12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
9 out of 19 guys are still in the NFL, only 7 are contributing to OUR team (I don't care that they are backups or journeymen for someone else), only 3 are starting full time. Are you saying this is above avg because I sure don't think so.

Yes, well below 50% of players who are drafted don't last in the NFL.

7/19 probably isn't the best but I'd put that somewhere in the middle to below average of the league.. and again, I personally don't put much stock into his 1st draft considering he had no time to prepare and his GM was complete garbage and probably didn't prepare **** either.

What mistakes have I made? Not counting 2 backups that are not on our team helping us win?

I've pointed it out all over the place but I'm pretty sure you're brain doesn't have enough room to remember.

I have gone into all sorts of depth pointing out multiple flaws in mCd's talent evaluation, coaching, player management, game management, philosophy, and the fact that he hired and allowed a staff member to cheat without reporting it. Then I pointed out his failure with the Rams, leading the leagues worst Offense and all you can say to that is "Injuries"!

Are you really trying to ignore injuries? can you be this stupid? How about you go look at their injuries last season maybe you'd understand. Even Sam Bradford was injured.

You are the one down to one argument, you haven't gone into any detail refuting my points and cannot provide links to back up your claims that mCd runs the Pat's O with a free hand.

Go do RESEARCH.

Give it a rest, the guy failed in Denver, he failed in St. Louis and now he is back under the guy who gave him his break in the league and suddenly he is a hot prospect again.

Yeah, suddenly, he's the best offensive coordinator in the league!

What makes you think this guy isn't a bum and riding coat-tails? the fact he has 9 guys out of 19 playing in the NFL?

9/19 is higher than the draft average, so you can shut that up... if you didn't know that (which you clearly didn't) you don't know **** about football as a whole and can only reference to what's going on with the Broncos... your knowledge of what goes on with other teams are really limited which explains your generalities.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Your entire arguement here is based on the fact that McDaniel is the reason the patriots are succeeding. When in fact he has ****bird to do with it. I give Belichick 100% credit for their success.

That is why I posted the no huddle articles. Other people come up with the system and McD comes out looking smart for some reason.

And no I'm not scared of the Pats. :strong:

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Seriously? You need links to know he's the offensive coordinator? You didn't do enough research of when he got hired by the Broncos to know how much control he had of the Patriots offense? You need links to show you that he calls the plays?

Yes I'm blaming injuries, you do realize he wasn't the HC right?

Steven Jackson was injured on the VERY 1ST PLAY they ran last season, do you realize that? Do you realize he was playing injured last season? The whole coaching staff got removed, not just Josh McDaniels... let's put some DEPTH to what we're saying here.

Again, you are WRONG here once again, because you simply can't do any research and you have no knowledge of what goes on in the NFL.

Again, you're speaking in generalities. you do realize that he wasn't the HC right?

Why are you so quick to give all the credit to McDaniels for the Rams offense and none for the Patriots offense?

I don't ever remember McDaniels starting the season running a 4-3.

again speaking in generalities with no actual depth or meaning to anything.

Ok so it was later than the start of the year but this proves he jumped into a 4-3 rather than stay the course and let the next man up do his job. I sure thought he did this sooner for a couple weeks before switching back to his base 3-4
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16364749

Belly has been the constant with the Pats, again if mCd had success outside of Belly's system I would agree with you that he had designed and is running the system independent of Belly.

Action
12-09-2012, 08:26 PM

No, I'm not saying he's the sole reason the Patriots are succeeding. I'm saying he's a big reason why the offense is playing so well, BETTER than last year even though they have MORE INJURIES to STAR PLAYERS including their 2 BEST PLAY MAKERS.

Yeah, I've read over and over that people don't want to face the Patriots...

Action
12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok so it was later than the start of the year but this proves he jumped into a 4-3 rather than stay the course and let the next man up do his job. I sure thought he did this sooner for a couple weeks before switching back to his base 3-4

Belly has been the constant with the Pats, again if mCd had success outside of Belly's system I would agree with you that he had designed and is running the system independent of Belly.

Every system requires talent, and he hasn't coached any team with as much talent as the Patriots, so again, you're not giving a fair shake to the idea. Every single coach needs talent to succeed... period.

Yeah it was later in the year, and without looking at that article he switched over because they were STRUGGLING.

and again, I've agreed that he's made coaching mistakes and I've already said that the defense should have been handled by someone out with little influence of McDaniels... I've SAID this yet I'm not sure why you try to make this a point?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 08:29 PM
No, I'm not saying he's the sole reason the Patriots are succeeding. I'm saying he's a big reason why the offense is playing so well, BETTER than last year even though they have MORE INJURIES to STAR PLAYERS including their 2 BEST PLAY MAKERS.

If McDaniels took another job instead of in NE, there's no doubt in my mind that NE would be having the same success. He can throw whatever Xs and Os he wants that sticks to a chalkboard, but without Brady and Belichick he wouldn't be the best OC in the league.

And there's 2 broncos fans right here that already established we ain't afraid

Action
12-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Did you even read that ****ing article? You're talking so much crap about how he went to the 4-3 but did you read?

The Jets arrived in Denver with the NFL's No. 1 rushing attack and left ranked No. 2, but their patience eventually won the day. With a big fourth quarter on the ground, they finished with 129 yards rushing on 30 carries to go with two rushing touchdowns.

What went right: The Jets were unsettled offensively when the Broncos opened the game in a 4-3 defense. Their first 10 rushes went for only 22 yards and they had only one run in the first quarter for more than 5 yards.
The Jets favor the middle of the field in the running game, usually pounding away at the center of a defense. When they couldn't, it pushed them into predictable passing situations that are far more manageable for any defense.
Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez threw his first interception of the season in the first quarter on a second-and-7 play and was sacked in the first quarter on a third-down play.
"They gave us everything known to man up front," Jets coach Rex Ryan said of the Broncos. "You
have to give them credit, they found some creative ways. They put a ton of people down there and challenged us to make throws on the outside."
For a while, the strategy worked nicely. The Broncos led 10-7 at halftime and Sanchez, with the game squarely in his lap, had thrown two interceptions before the second quarter was done.
What went wrong: Vickerson was unable to finish Sunday's game because of a groin injury, and the Jets are eternally patient on offense. Ryan believes in the cumulative effects of running the ball and will keep pounding away at a defense as long as the score will allow it.

He went to 4-3 because of the Jets rushing attack...he was adjusting to how their offense ran the ball.

I'm done... you're a joke. You posted a damn article only to make yourself look like a damn fool.

Do you remember that game? Do you remember why we lost? Do you remember we had Mark Sanchez on 4th down and he just heaved it and we committed a PI while Holmes was on the ground? This was like a 45 yard PI call on 4th down. Do you remember that part or you only remember McDaniels mistakes?

The game plan worked as to what it was supposed to do, and once again you are WRONG in your analysis...

I can't believe I wasted my time with you. I'm out.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes, well below 50% of players who are drafted don't last in the NFL.

7/19 probably isn't the best but I'd put that somewhere in the middle to below average of the league.. and again, I personally don't put much stock into his 1st draft considering he had no time to prepare and his GM was complete garbage and probably didn't prepare **** either.

I've pointed it out all over the place but I'm pretty sure you're brain doesn't have enough room to remember.

Are you really trying to ignore injuries? can you be this stupid? How about you go look at their injuries last season maybe you'd understand. Even Sam Bradford was injured.

Go do RESEARCH.

Yeah, suddenly, he's the best offensive coordinator in the league!

9/19 is higher than the draft average, so you can shut that up... if you didn't know that (which you clearly didn't) you don't know **** about football as a whole and can only reference to what's going on with the Broncos... your knowledge of what goes on with other teams are really limited which explains your generalities.

mCd had plenty of time to prepare for both drafts, he was hired in January.

Remember his 1st season where he said he only had a small number of names on his draft board?

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14860818

I know the Goodmans were fired later but mCd and Xanders were there and mCd should have known who he wanted to target.

Action
12-09-2012, 08:40 PM

Ok I couldn't resist, this was posted as soon as I edited my last post... one more thing to make you look like a damn fool.

You do realize that the draft process is a year long process not a 3-4 month long process? Let's remember that he was just coaching before and not scouting...

I can't believe you just said that he had enough time to prepare since he was hired in January....scouting takes ALL YEAR.... do you realize how many things he had to get set up right after getting hired as HC on TOP of preparing for the draft from scratch?

Jesus Christ, are you a bright one... I hope you are Drunken are a minority.

24champ
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM

Remember his 1st season where he said he only had a small number of names on his draft board?

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14860818

I know the Goodmans were fired later but mCd and Xanders were there and mCd should have known who he wanted to target.

Bull****, McD had no time to prepare for that draft. Plus Xander's had absolutely no business running a draft, much less scouting for players. He was not brought on for his eye of talent. It's not McD's job to know who to target, he was brought on to coach the team, and he has said he looked forward to working with the goodmans until Ellis had to dump the Goodman's. It put us behind the eight ball.

Cito Pelon
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
For the hell of it, I looked up what BALT drafted with the 3 picks Denver traded for Tebow.

Sergio Kindle 43d pick
Ed *****on 70th pick
Dennis Pitta 114th pick

Denver COULD have got Linval Joseph (46th), Carlos Dunlap (54), Terrance Cody (57), Navorro Bowman, Major Wright, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez, Geno Atkins. Having 3 of those guys rather than Tebow prolly would have worked out better.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Did you even read that ****ing article? You're talking so much crap about how he went to the 4-3 but did you read?

The Jets arrived in Denver with the NFL's No. 1 rushing attack and left ranked No. 2, but their patience eventually won the day. With a big fourth quarter on the ground, they finished with 129 yards rushing on 30 carries to go with two rushing touchdowns.

What went right: The Jets were unsettled offensively when the Broncos opened the game in a 4-3 defense. Their first 10 rushes went for only 22 yards and they had only one run in the first quarter for more than 5 yards.
The Jets favor the middle of the field in the running game, usually pounding away at the center of a defense. When they couldn't, it pushed them into predictable passing situations that are far more manageable for any defense.
Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez threw his first interception of the season in the first quarter on a second-and-7 play and was sacked in the first quarter on a third-down play.
"They gave us everything known to man up front," Jets coach Rex Ryan said of the Broncos. "You
have to give them credit, they found some creative ways. They put a ton of people down there and challenged us to make throws on the outside."
For a while, the strategy worked nicely. The Broncos led 10-7 at halftime and Sanchez, with the game squarely in his lap, had thrown two interceptions before the second quarter was done.
What went wrong: Vickerson was unable to finish Sunday's game because of a groin injury, and the Jets are eternally patient on offense. Ryan believes in the cumulative effects of running the ball and will keep pounding away at a defense as long as the score will allow it.

He went to 4-3 because of the Jets rushing attack...he was adjusting to how their offense ran the ball.

I'm done... you're a joke. You posted a damn article only to make yourself look like a damn fool.

Do you remember that game? Do you remember why we lost? Do you remember we had Mark Sanchez on 4th down and he just heaved it and we committed a PI while Holmes was on the ground? This was like a 45 yard PI call on 4th down. Do you remember that part or you only remember McDaniels mistakes?

The game plan worked as to what it was supposed to do, and once again you are WRONG in your analysis...

I can't believe I wasted my time with you. I'm out.

Funny how you chopped that, They moved to it because Ayers was hurt and he didn't trust his depth.

With three defensive starters missing linebacker Robert Ayers, safety Brian Dawkins and cornerback Andre Goodman the Broncos tossed aside their usual 3-4 alignment on defense Sunday in favor of a four-man front, with three linebackers.

Read more: Broncos go big on D with surprising 4-3 formation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16364749#ixzz2EcXvE100
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Look I have been here since 2005, I have been a Bronco fan since before you probably were born, I have seen Floyd Little play, I lived in Denver during the 1st winning season, I lived through the SB defeats, the SB Wins, the Griese saga, the Plummer years and was mocked here for thinking signing mCd was a mistake. I was proven right about mCd. I bet 5k of my posts were defending myself during 2009 and 2010 for not drinking the mCd kool-aid.

The guy was fired for failure as a coach and the way he aquired talent. Remember the great trade he pulled while Xanders was out getting pizza for Voltron?

mCd is in the only system and coach he has ever had success in.

Facts are he failed as an HC, he failed as an OC and ended back where he started, with a team who made it to the SB last year without him, a team that has had success for over 10 years now.

Until mCd goes somewhere else and proves he can succeed without Belly I am considering him a failure.

errand
12-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I didnt think there were anyone left. Now I wonder of there are any John Ralston supporters left

Well to be honest I've supported every Broncos HC....including Ralston.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Bull****, McD had no time to prepare for that draft. Plus Xander's had absolutely no business running a draft, much less scouting for players. He was not brought on for his eye of talent. It's not McD's job to know who to target, he was brought on to coach the team, and he has said he looked forward to working with the goodmans until Ellis had to dump the Goodman's. It put us behind the eight ball.

He said he was excited about working with Cutler also. Your right the firing of Goodman's hosed things up, as I said back then mCd jumped in and brought out his Pat's hand book and said this is how we are going to run the draft and they did it even though he should have had told Bowlen to get him a true GM. He thought he could do it all and he learned real fast he couldn't.

errand
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
. It wasn't until McD came through that this team has struggled against them.

McDaniels owns the Patriots too....he's 1-0 lifetime against them as Broncos head coach.

Fedaykin
12-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Darth Hoodie has propped up Hoodie Jr's rep enough again to make him useful as an agent of chaos for another team.

He'll be sent off again.

Durango
12-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Just mentioning the name of that pile of s**t gathers dark clouds over even the best memories of hat dark age.

My God I wish you McDaniels people would just form a club so you can hand job each other.

errand
12-09-2012, 08:59 PM

Well to be fair, you have implied this as well......

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
McDaniels owns the Patriots too....he's 1-0 lifetime against them as Broncos head coach.

I wasn't referring McD coaching losses against them. Just that the success we had against them dropped soon after that

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Well to be fair, you have implied this as well......

You can go through this entire site and see posts of mine calling out fans who are scared of them. I find it embarrassing and even said I was glad pats fans don't frequent this site and see the suck up fest

But not one of those posts implied "every dam broncos fan"

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Well to be honest I've supported every Broncos HC....including Ralston.

I wasn't alive back then. Wished I had lived the majority of life back then though. Today's world just doesn't seem as happy to live in. I would've enjoyed the 60s

errand
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
For the hell of it, I looked up what BALT drafted with the 3 picks Denver traded for Tebow.

Sergio Kindle 43d pick
Ed *****on 70th pick
Dennis Pitta 114th pick

Denver COULD have got Linval Joseph (46th), Carlos Dunlap (54), Terrance Cody (57), Navorro Bowman, Major Wright, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez, Geno Atkins. Having 3 of those guys rather than Tebow prolly would have worked out better.

Hindsight is always 20/20.....just like how many RB's were selected ahead of MJD? Terrell Davis? Add in that we could also have had Ed Reed instead of Ashley Lelie. It happens sometimes....

errand
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I wasn't referring McD coaching losses against them. Just that the success we had against them dropped soon after that

Ok, and how is that his fault?

errand
12-09-2012, 09:20 PM
You can go through this entire site and see posts of mine calling out fans who are scared of them. I find it embarrassing and even said I was glad pats fans don't frequent this site and see the suck up fest

But not one of those posts implied "every dam broncos fan"

I know you're not scared to play them...neither am I. i think we should be 13-0 to be honest and that we'll win it all. However you have posed the question why a lot of fans on here are afraid to play them...which implies that there are a lot of fans who are afraid of them.

Honestly, how many times have you heard members on here say they don't want to travel to Foxboro in post season?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Ok, and how is that his fault?

I never implied it was. I just said we've had success against them, up to the point of owning them, and it was only until recently that we've had problems playing them

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:24 PM
I know you're not scared to play them...neither am I. i think we should be 13-0 to be honest and that we'll win it all. However you have posed the question why a lot of fans on here are afraid to play them...which implies that there are a lot of fans who are afraid of them.

Honestly, how many times have you heard members on here say they don't want to travel to Foxboro in post season?

True. But even saying alot is not saying every single one of them. There's 3 of us in the last few pages here that's said they aren't. You me and DBlife. I'm sure there's plenty more. Maybe it's just the ones who say they are afraid are just more vocal in saying it

errand
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I wasn't alive back then. Wished I had lived the majority of life back then though. Today's world just doesn't seem as happy to live in. I would've enjoyed the 60s

Well google the Dirty Dozen Denver Broncos....and you'll find out that Ralston was basically fired due to a player revolt.

Some on here think he was a bad coach....but he led this team to their first winning season when he went 9-5 in 1976. He was replaced by Red Miller in 1977 who was fired after 1980 after finishing 42-25 including playoffs and 1 AFC title....ironically he too was a former NE OC whose QB was named Morton

errand
12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
True. But even saying alot is not saying every single one of them. There's 3 of us in the last few pages here that's said they aren't. You me and DBlife. I'm sure there's plenty more. Maybe it's just the ones who say they are afraid are just more vocal in saying it

I'm sure he was embellishing it when he said every fan....but the point was that there is a reason why some of them fear the Patriots....and McDaniels scheming for them is one of the reasons.

Hell remember some on here hated Manning before he became a Bronco.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Well google the Dirty Dozen Denver Broncos....and you'll find out that Ralston was basically fired due to a player revolt.

Some on here think he was a bad coach....but he led this team to their first winning season when he went 9-5 in 1976. He was replaced by Red Miller in 1977 who was fired after 1980 after finishing 42-25 including playoffs and 1 AFC title....ironically he too was a former NE OC whose QB was named Morton

Ya I did some homework on that. I've come to respect your opinions on here over reading alot of your posts. I do find it interesting that you are somewhat in defense of McD, yet clearly sees the disaster that Tebow brought. No McD no Tebow.

Of course no Tebow, probably no Manning. Ha!

errand
12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I never implied it was. I just said we've had success against them, up to the point of owning them, and it was only until recently that we've had problems playing them

Re-read your post...you did imply that the Broncos lost their dominance of Patriots after we hired McDaniels...well one could argue we lost it when they hired Elway as VP or Fox as head coach too.

I think we can compete with them if we limit our mistakes offensively and play solid defense. Keep in mind our secondary struggled covering Welker last time....and we uncharacteristically gave up a lot of rushing yards too.

I think Carter and Harris have improved immensely and so has our rush defense....and our offense isn't turning the ball over as much either.
I think the Patriots don't want to see us come January.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm sure he was embellishing it when he said every fan....but the point was that there is a reason why some of them fear the Patriots....and McDaniels scheming for them is one of the reasons.

Hell remember some on here hated Manning before he became a Bronco.

I hear ya on that.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Re-read your post...you did imply that the Broncos lost their dominance of Patriots after we hired McDaniels...well one could argue we lost it when they hired Elway as VP or Fox as head coach too.

I think we can compete with them if we limit our mistakes offensively and play solid defense. Keep in mind our secondary struggled covering Welker last time....and we uncharacteristically gave up a lot of rushing yards too.

I think Carter and Harris have improved immensely and so has our rush defense....and our offense isn't turning the ball over as much either.
I think the Patriots don't want to see us come January.

Or implying when shanahan left. Mistakes are the killer. Once one happens it seems to open the flood gates and they attack. Can't afford DT fumbling on the way to the endzone. Also I'm confident with no Mays and more playing time from the DBs you mentioned

errand
12-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Ya I did some homework on that. I've come to respect your opinions on here over reading alot of your posts. I do find it interesting that you are somewhat in defense of McD, yet clearly sees the disaster that Tebow brought. No McD no Tebow.

Of course no Tebow, probably no Manning. Ha!

I'm not defending McDaniels....he deserved to be fired, and I supported the next guy they hired in Fox.

I think he was a young immature kid who got too much power and was in over his head. Kind of like some of these players who get $$$$ and then act like idiots.

but I think it's inaccurate to say his time in Denver was a total failure as he drafted some solid to dominant players who are helping this team contend for a title...kind of like Ralston was hated by players and fans alike...but he drafted many of the guys who made up the Orange Crush defense like Jackson, Gradishar, etc....

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm not defending McDaniels....he deserved to be fired, and I supported the next guy they hired in Fox.

I think he was a young immature kid who got too much power and was in over his head. Kind of like some of these players who get $$$$ and then act like idiots.

but I think it's inaccurate to say his time in Denver was a total failure as he drafted some solid to dominant players who are helping this team contend for a title...kind of like Ralston was hated by players and fans alike...but he drafted many of the guys who made up the Orange Crush defense like Jackson, Gradishar, etc....

As an olive branch I will give you that mCd drafted 3 starters, one of which more than made up for running Marshal off (DT). To find anything else positive in his tenure other than our ability to draft Miller with a real GM, with a real PLAN that didn't use the Patroit way as his blueprint.

If mCd goes on to a new job and excells then I will be happy for you and maybe even Action. I just don't see it happening right away.

Durango
12-09-2012, 10:56 PM

Wrong. Ralston led Denver to it's first winning season in 1973 at 7-5-2 and drafted Randy Gradishar, Riley Odems, Otis Armstrong, Thom Jackson, signed Joe Rizzo, Bob Swenson as college FA's, along with QB Charlie Johnson as a veteran FA, best QB to play for the Broncos in franchise history to that point.

He was not bad coach and he had an excellent idea of what Denver needed to make the next step. With the rather large exception of Craig Morton, Red Miller essentially took Ralstons players to the Super Bowl against Dallas in 1977 (season).

Years later OT Mike Current told me the players just couldn't stand his rah-rah, positive attitude bs approach to coaching, but no player said he was a bad x's and o's guy.

Red Miller was an average HC at best and couldn't draft to save his soul. Rulon Jones seemed to be his only success out of 3 complete drafts of 15 rounds per draft.

New England OC's have a track record here, and it isn't good.

cutthemdown
12-09-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm not super impressed with Josh Mcdaniels play calling anymore. Sure NE kicks ass but its all because Brady is an amazing QB. Period. He didn't impress in St Louis or Denver IMO. I'd love to see him in SD. That would be awesome.

fontaine
12-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Who the hell gives a crap whether McDaniels is a good OC or not?

There are plenty of decent OCs in this league, especially when they get a hall of fame/elite QB and plenty of others who suck at being head coaches.

10 pages of a thread to say as long as McDaniels doesn't have to bring in personnel, do any kind of GM duties, help on Defense, develop players, or bring in coaches then he'll make a good HC?

He's like the Brian Griese of Head Coaches.

oubronco
12-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Just mentioning the name of that pile of s**t gathers dark clouds over even the best memories of hat dark age.

My God I wish you McDaniels people would just form a club so you can hand job each other.

Amen Brotha

oubronco
12-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Who the hell gives a crap whether McDaniels is a good OC or not?

There are plenty of decent OCs in this league, especially when they get a hall of fame/elite QB and plenty of others who suck at being head coaches.

10 pages of a thread to say as long as McDaniels doesn't have to bring in personnel, do any kind of GM duties, help on Defense, develop players, or bring in coaches then he'll make a good HC?

He's like the Brian Griese of Head Coaches.

That's an insult to Griese

bronco militia
12-10-2012, 07:04 AM
unless Tom brady and Bill Belicheck are coming to cleveland, there's no reason in the world to ever hire Josh Mcdaniels.

55CrushEm
12-10-2012, 07:21 AM

I'm no McD lover.....but that offense was only 3rd in yards......far from that in scoring, IIRC.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-10-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm no McD lover.....but that offense was only 3rd in yards......far from that in scoring, IIRC.

Well since there's a thread here every week basing our offense and defensive ranks by total yards I felt that was appropriate.