PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels a HC again?

Pages : 1 [2]

WolfpackGuy
12-10-2012, 08:19 AM
He threw away PRIME draft picks like they were trash, he cheated, and once teams figured out his pop gun offense, he lost.

A LOT.

I hope someone in the division makes the mistake of hiring him because that would mean 2 wins per year for the Broncos.

errand
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Wrong. Ralston led Denver to it's first winning season in 1973 at 7-5-2 and drafted Randy Gradishar, Riley Odems, Otis Armstrong, Thom Jackson, signed Joe Rizzo, Bob Swenson as college FA's, along with QB Charlie Johnson as a veteran FA, best QB to play for the Broncos in franchise history to that point.

I forgot the 1973 season where we had a chance to win division title, but a 4th down fake blew up in our faces and we ended up losing to the Raiders in the finale ....I knew he drafted those players.

He was not bad coach and he had an excellent idea of what Denver needed to make the next step.

I never said he was a bad coach...I said some members on here think he was a bad coach.

With the rather large exception of Craig Morton, Red Miller essentially took Ralston's players to the Super Bowl against Dallas in 1977 (season).

I'm sure there was more to it than that, but yeah, Miller had quite a few of Ralston's players on the team.....but then again Mike had many players from Reeves and Phillips.....but he also took them, mixed in some players he selected-signed and came away with 2 titles. Miller did the same with Rob Lytle, FS Bernard Jackson, QB Craig Morton, etc....

Years later OT Mike Current told me the players just couldn't stand his rah-rah, positive attitude bs approach to coaching, but no player said he was a bad x's and o's guy.

Never said they thought he was a bad X and O's guy.....I said they revolted against him.

Red Miller was an average HC at best and couldn't draft to save his soul. Rulon Jones seemed to be his only success out of 3 complete drafts of 15 rounds per draft.

Average coach? I'd give him more credit than that with two division titles, one AFC title and 3 playoff appearances (first 3 of our franchise)....my biggest complaint about him was his zany rotational RB rushing attack.

As for his drafts - Rob Lytle (RIP and was 1st player to have ever scored a TD in Rose Bowl and SB) scored our solitary TD in SBXII and Billy Bryan was very good center....Rulon Jones and Keith Bishop and Mike Harden weren't bad players either although Harden ended up being a POS off the field defrauding women he knew.

New England OC's have a track record here, and it isn't good.

McDaniels is main reason why you say this....Miller's record was 42-25 with an AFC title and our first 3 playoff appearances....he wasn't a superstar, but he was better than you're giving him credit for.

In bold...

errand
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
He threw away PRIME draft picks like they were trash, he cheated, and once teams figured out his pop gun offense, he lost.

A LOT.

I hope someone in the division makes the mistake of hiring him because that would mean 2 wins per year for the Broncos.

We're sweeping the division anyways, regardless....:wave: