http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50131687/ns/sports-college_football/

SonOfLe-loLang
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Everytime i see his name, i think of "The Manzier!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZJ8Jxt9qrM

RhymesayersDU
12-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Johnny Heisman.

Man, his cut of the billions of dollars of marketing revenue is going to be sweet... Oh wait.

crush17
12-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Kid is exciting to watch, for sure.

baja
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM
bring him for a look

Kaylore
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
His family is trademarking Johnny Football.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Where does his skill set get him drafted?

baja
12-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Is this the new Tebow?

SouthStndJunkie
12-08-2012, 08:16 PM
I thought the voters got it right.

Manti Te'o is a nice inspirational story and he had a great year, but if he would played on any other team than Notre Dame, he wouldn't have gotten as much consideration.

If Manti Te'o would have had the exact same season for an undefeated Alabama, Ohio State, or LSU type team, I doubt he would have gotten an invite to New York. I know the Honey Badger got an invite, but I doubt he would have if he didn't make an impact in the return game like he did.

That isn't discounting the season Te'o had, as it was a trying year for him off the field and a special year on the field....but it's going to take an insane season for a pure defensive player to break through and win it.

I know Charles Woodson won it in 1997, but he got a lot of extra hype by having an impact as a punt returner and playing some WR....looking back, I'm actually surprised Peyton Manning didn't win it, but as a Michigan fan, I was geeked that Charles Woodson ended up winning it.

I think Woodson had 8 INTs, a TD rushing, a couple TDs receiving and his Heisman moment taking a punt return to the house against Ohio State, as well as picking off a pass in that game.

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I thought the voters got it right.

Manti Te'o is a nice inspirational story and he had a great year, but if he would played on any other team than Notre Dame, he wouldn't have gotten as much consideration.

If Manti Te'o would have had the exact same season for an undefeated Alabama, Ohio State, or LSU type team, I doubt he would have gotten an invite to New York. I know the Honey Badger got an invite, but I doubt he would have if he didn't make an impact in the return game like he did.

That isn't discounting the season he had, as it was a trying year for him off the field and a special year on the field....but it's going to take an insane season for a defensive player to break through and win it.

I know Charles Woodson won it in 1997, but he got a lot of extra hype by having an impact as a punt returner and playing some WR....looking back, I'm actually surprised Peyton Manning didn't win it, but as a Michigan fan, I was geeked that Charles Woodson ended up winning it.

I think Woodson had 8 INTs, a TD rushing, a couple TDs receiving and his Heisman moment taking a punt return to the house against Ohio State, as well as picking off a pass in that game.
If Suh couldn't win after his season he had I didn't think Te'o had much of a chance.

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm happy for TA&M. They had a great intro season to the SEC, well deserved.

g6matty
12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I need lonestars insight on manziel. The draft guru should know

Lestat
12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Manziel is in the Russell Wilson mold. small in stature but really solid pro translating passing skills. he's in the early stages of his career but if he can keep making progress as a passer and improve his game instinct like he continued to do later on in the season he'll be a beast.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
If Suh couldn't win after his season he had I didn't think Te'o had much of a chance.

if he and Mathieu couldn't do it it wasn't going to happen.
Suh was a freak beast in his final season and the honey badger was good as well(just not good enough)

SouthStndJunkie
12-08-2012, 08:46 PM
When a pure defensive player ends up winning the Heisman, they will have complied a medley of stats that make voters drool....a buttload of sacks, a lot of tackles for loss, and a few TDs.

chanesaw
12-08-2012, 09:14 PM
The Heisman is a sham. Defensive players deserve just as much of a shot at it as offensive players. Until they rectify that it will remain a sham.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Yawn.

Pony Boy
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
He reminds me of Eddie McCaffrey

SoCalBronco
12-08-2012, 10:23 PM

So you've got a bromance with Manziel, that's nice. He and his family are only interested in money from the copyright of Johnny Dumb Ass. He'll never make it in the league. Numbnuts ran a gimmick system in a gimmick league. Elway is too smart to fall for this nonsense. He'll probably be drafted by Tanahan for the roll-out, even though mentally he's numbnuts. Little Mikey will ruin him...just like he ruined RG3. What you fanbois don't realize is Elway's not going to pay first round salary for gimmick QBs, especially this dumb ass.

GoHAM
12-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Horrible Heisman year, I don't think anybody deserved it this year.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 11:07 PM
So you've got a bromance with Manziel, that's nice. He and his family are only interested in money from the copyright of Johnny Dumb Ass. He'll never make it in the league. Numbnuts ran a gimmick system in a gimmick league. Elway is too smart to fall for this nonsense. He'll probably be drafted by Tanahan for the roll-out, even though mentally he's numbnuts. Little Mikey will ruin him...just like he ruined RG3. What you fanbois don't realize is Elway's not going to pay first round salary for gimmick QBs, especially this dumb ass.

He seems to have lots of bromances. I guess when you are a kiddie that happens a lot.

SoCalBronco
12-08-2012, 11:09 PM
He seems to have lots of bromances. I guess when you are a kiddie that happens a lot.

I've got only 3 and I'm 32. :)

lonestar
12-08-2012, 11:12 PM

Does he play for Denver?

If you are think I remotely call myself a draft guru. You have a mildly distorted view of life.

Some where down the line after I have watched more than 30 minutes of college ball. I might comment, but as of now I've never commented on upcoming players this year.

matty you need to get a life. OCD much?

peacepipe
12-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Manziel is in the Russell Wilson mold. small in stature but really solid pro translating passing skills. he's in the early stages of his career but if he can keep making progress as a passer and improve his game instinct like he continued to do later on in the season he'll be a beast.

More like a modern day Doug flutie.