PDA

View Full Version : Winning with no drama making the season...boring?

Kaylore
12-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I was listening to Mike and Joel on the morning show talking about which two receivers we should have active on game day - Willis or Caldwell. They made a comment about how that's the kind of stuff they need to talk about to get people interested.

Now rewind to last year. We were in the middle of a win streak then as well, but the way we were winning and the sharp difference in opinions on Tebow made the season very rocky.

It also made if very interesting. We were getting national attention and everyone had their take, even Lady Gaga. Now our games are the given thirty second highlights and a blurb at the end of NFL shows.

I similarly remember how crazy it was in the worst part of McDaniels' second year. There was so much controversy it seemed pretty active.

I wonder if we have become bored/spoiled with the Broncos. Like we're all just waiting around for the postseason.

DarkHorse30
12-08-2012, 11:25 AM
not bored - mostly because of all the different playmakers this team is growing this year, and WANTING to watch the defense as much as the offense....this is a strange thing :thumbs:

stopgap
12-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Enjoying it. Don't need the drama.

ColoradoDarin
12-08-2012, 11:28 AM
A big part of it is that we wrapped up the division already because all the other AFCW teams suck badly this year.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-08-2012, 11:29 AM
HELL NO!!!! If you need that stuff go watch WWE $h!t.

razorwire77
12-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Knowshon Moreno is tearing this team apart!

stopgap
12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Knowshon Moreno is tearing this team apart!

lol

Pick Six
12-08-2012, 11:39 AM
It's not like we are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. We are winning games, but not blowing teams out (like some people, around here, are expecting). I enjoy watching Manning work, and look forward to turnovers that are created by the defense. It's been a long time since we've had a defense that could actually take the ball away from the other team...:thumbs:

v2micca
12-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Don't miss the drama. But I do miss having a competitive division. I found that I was looking forward to the Baltimore game far more than I was looking forward to the Oakland game. Seriously, a conference game carries the promise of more excitement than any of our traditional rivals this year because the rest of the AFC West sucks.

I just want beating Oakland and KC to mean something other than helping them get a higher draft pick. I want it to ruin there chance for the division or a play-off spot. I want it to drop their seeding in the play-offs. I want it to piss off their fan base rather than cause them to apathetically roll their eyes and start cheering for the draft.

That is the only drama I miss, fierce competitors dog fighting for positions in the play-offs.

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 11:41 AM
There was less drama in the Elway/TD days when we were usually up by thirty at the half and had to figure out drinking games to stay awake for the second half. ;D

Goobzilla
12-08-2012, 11:43 AM
At least here at the Mane we manufacture our own drama 24/7. Read a few threads and you'll have to remind yourself we're 10-3

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm loving every minute of it. Things are what they are supposed to be, that is, the Broncos are winning consistently again, have the division locked up and are positioning themselves for the playoff run.

as it should be.

El Guapo
12-08-2012, 12:38 PM
It's not boring at all. I'm looking forward to each and every game (especially this next one because I have tickets :D). I am a little intimidated by the Patriots (as much as I hate saying that); they seem to be our, and Peytons, nemesis.

peacepipe
12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
we need redskins & texans to win this week. would essentially set us up with a 1st rd bye.

baja
12-08-2012, 12:53 PM
You kidding? Most fun season in a long time.

baja
12-08-2012, 12:54 PM
we need redskins & texans to win this week. would essentially set us up with a 1st rd bye.

Skins win doesn't matter we still need to beat Ravens to get ahead of them.

Houshyamama
12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
What you miss is the drama, like missing a crazy ex girlfriend because it was never boring. We got ourselves a new, beautiful, perfect, mentally stable girlfriend, but you can't help thinking back on the crazy bitch from time to time and the good moments you shared (Bears game). Shame on you.

bombay
12-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Are you kidding? No clownshow or sideshow. We're back to what we should be: a top 5 franchise.

Archer81
12-08-2012, 01:23 PM
I'll take the boredom of having the division wrapped up before Christmas and fighting for the 2 seed.

:Broncos:

R8R H8R
12-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I voted for the 3rd option. Not because it is necessarily accurate, but because it is the closest answer to being accurate.

I have told anyone that asks that last year may have been the most fun of a ride for a season that I have ever seen, and i have been watching Bronco football since the early 80's. Just in the nature of those games and all the drama that enfolded at the end of those games, and then add in the Tebow circus, and you've got a real fun season.

However, I feel that this year's team is much like the 2 SB winning teams. Not in how they win and are constructed, but in how they conduct their business. They expect to win, and I think that is the way many fans think. I expect the Broncos to win every game, so if they don't blow teams away then I wonder what is wrong with them.

This team, like their SB winning counterparts, are very methodical and business- like their approach, and it explains why the team did not pop the corks after clinching the AFC West; and neither did I.

peacepipe
12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Skins win doesn't matter we still need to beat Ravens to get ahead of them.

Granted we still need to beat the ravens next week,but a loss to the redskins would give us a cushion to secure a bye week. A loss to the skins would put the ravens at 9-4.

CEH
12-08-2012, 02:20 PM
I get to witness one of the greatest QB of all time for 16+ Sundays

Best season since 1998. We go into almost every game with the better QB on the field

Hell to the no

BigPlayShay
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
The difference is expecting to win vs. hoping to win. I am enjoying this season just as much, but looking forward to the playoffs more than the next opponent. The drama is in how the seeding will shake out.

Paladin
12-08-2012, 03:11 PM
No!! Manning and Miller are fun to watch. Seeing Thomas and Decker grow up before our eyes is great. Having a Top 5 D and a Top 5 O is very exciting.

The Drama fanatics can go elsewhere if they need it.

I suspect other teams and the talking heads are jealous and/or peeved that the team from the Flyover Zone is a fugging good team. And they are still unsure why Manning chose Denver. (Frankly, I am happy he did, but I am not real sure why he did.)

gyldenlove
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying this season. Last year really only the last half of the season was interesting, it really turned around when we beat Oakland and KC in back to back weeks and we got in the race and San Diego ran into that long losing streak.

Requiem
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
We have one 8 games in a row. How can you not be excited?

extralife
12-08-2012, 03:33 PM
if you're bored watching Peyton Manning and Von Miller you're watching the wrong game.

Pick Six
12-08-2012, 03:49 PM
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!!

gunns
12-08-2012, 04:13 PM
If this is boring I want to be bored every week. Winning is never boring.
I could almost say last year was boring. Only had to watch the 4th quarter.

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
If this is boring I want to be bored every week. Winning is never boring.
I could almost say last year was boring. Only had to watch the 4th quarter.

I agree this is the most complete season we have had since 2005.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Myself I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for my team to self destruct like it has for near two decades.

For that trap games.

For that game kind of like last week they allowed a poor team thang around, giving them confidence with every play.

I'd love to see some 30 point wins, less backing off the throttle when we have the momentum and the lead. Thinking not to embarrass the ther team.

I say bury them because if they could they would do it to us, like Many have to us in the past.

errand
12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
How can you watch this team, with Manning doing what he does best....with Miller making noise for DPOY...with DT showing he is a beast, and Decker being a solid contributor....with Champ and the young DB's still playing solid to spectacular.....with our depth stepping up and contributing to our success...with Holliday making every return a potential feast TD or famine fumble and not think this season is exciting as hell?

Last season was exciting, but we were also beneficiaries of a series fortunate events like RB's running out of bounds and fumbling in OT, and the Raiders choking on final weekend to give us division crown etc.....

Punisher
12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
You kidding? Most fun season in a long time.

:thumbs:

Fedaykin
12-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I get plenty of Drama in real life.

In football, I want to see ASS KICKING.

Punisher
12-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I get plenty of Drama in real life.

In football, I want to see ASS KICKING.

lol This This

maven
12-08-2012, 05:05 PM
I agree it's boring. After watching the Broncos win all those super bowls the past 5 years this year is just boring.

Boogerboots
12-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Being a fan far away from the local market, I'm just glad to be able to watch the games on TV period. Most of the credit has to go to having PM on the roster. It boosted national exposure to even greater levels even when compared to last years wacky turn of events.

So for me its not boring at all. Just grateful to see my team win.

Kaylore
12-08-2012, 05:18 PM
For me there's less to talk about, but the games are more fun - if that makes any sense. I know we're going to find ways to win games. I know a play can made by anyone on all three teams. I look forward to seeing what way we're going win each week.

After the games, though, when discussing things, there isn't much to say. You can talk in generalities but there isn't much to gripe about and everything is pretty steady. In that sense, a team like the Jets is more interesting because of all the drama. Or the Niners, who created drama while they were winning.

But it's not less fun or less exciting. It's just the in-between stuff isn't there.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Myself I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for my team to self destruct like it has for near two decades.

For that trap games.

For that game kind of like last week they allowed a poor team thang around, giving them confidence with every play.

I'd love to see some 30 point wins, less backing off the throttle when we have the momentum and the lead. Thinking not to embarrass the ther team.

I say bury them because if they could they would do it to us, like Many have to us in the past.

well should fox told Manning to stick it to the raiders last week at the end you do know that Dennis Allen was a former bronco and his father died so it wouldn't feel right if we ran it up on him

baja
12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
For me there's less to talk about, but the games are more fun - if that makes any sense. I know we're going to find ways to win games. I know a play can made by anyone on all three teams. I look forward to seeing what way we're going win each week.

After the games, though, when discussing things, there isn't much to say. You can talk in generalities but there isn't much to gripe about and everything is pretty steady. In that sense, a team like the Jets is more interesting because of all the drama. Or the Niners, who created drama while they were winning.

But it's not less fun or less exciting. It's just the in-between stuff isn't there.

Now I know you are kidding.

Have you been reading the Moreno threads? The OM will always find stuff to gripe about.

Hell now we are drafting a center with our #1. ;D

Kaylore
12-08-2012, 05:29 PM

Have you been reading the Moreno threads? The OM will always find stuff to gripe about.

Yeah it's weird to read the Mane and listen to callers after games. You'd think we lost every one.

errand
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM

....but which center should we draft with the 32nd pick?

Action
12-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I get where Kaylore is coming from.

At winning 8 games in a row, you're almost fully expecting the Broncos to win the next game...+ our schedule hasn't been the greatest. I know this Ravens game will be exciting.

Obviously it's more exciting when you go into games and truly not knowing what to expect... like last year.

But at this point in time, it's like even if the Broncos look like their struggling in the 1st half, a part of you kinda just knows they'll come back in the 2nd half. John Fox is great at half time adjustments.

The GAMES are still exciting to watch, don't get me wrong... but it's just human nature that a roller coaster season like last would have more ups and downs... no stability.

+ this year, there is so much more stability as an organization during the season...

baja
12-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Tom Nalen was drafted in round 7, 218 overall

errand
12-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Tom Nalen was drafted in round 7, 218 overall

I know you can find a good center in the later rounds....

I was being facetious....implying that the Broncos would be drafting 32nd after winning the Super Bowl....no need to draft a center that early if at all.

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I enjoy reading why people think we are not a legit threat to win it all more then anything. Hell we have a fool on this board that posts crap like that right after we win games. :rofl:

cutthemdown
12-08-2012, 06:27 PM

The one from Alabama

lonestar
12-08-2012, 07:53 PM
well should fox told Manning to stick it to the raiders last week at the end you do know that Dennis Allen was a former bronco and his father died so it wouldn't feel right if we ran it up on him

While I feel bad about his dad, he is a big boy now and they would have gladlY done it to us if they could have.

In fact I think one of our ass kickings last year waste raiders. Although it Might have been the year before..

In division games you kick them in the balls and then stomp on them. Leave no doubt in their minds who owns whom.

Take the crowd out of the game.

Of course I'm old school I remember a game where they crushed us 49-7 and the only reason we got seven was a kickoff return for a TD.

I was a south stander then and they stopped scoring on us in the quarters that we were defending the south goal. They would punt so they were out of range of the battery thowers. There were a few that had Steve Tensi arms and could hit a raider at about forty yards.

Those big assed D cells hurt when they hit.

So if your asking me for mercy for a raider, not happening.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I know you can find a good center in the later rounds....

I was being facetious....implying that the Broncos would be drafting 32nd after winning the Super Bowl....no need to draft a center that early if at all.

If M Pouncey were back in the draft. I'd take him in a heart beat at 32.

But I'd rather have BPA otherwise.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Let me add those south stands were made out of sheet metal and was over the opposing teams locker rooms.

During half time few if any went out for bathroom trips or food. Most stayed and stomped on the floor. Actually had a oak team official,come out and say they could not hear anything during half time. Said it was like being inside a bass drum.

Yeah we stopped for about 15 seconds. If anything it was worse.

I'd like to think that we affected those half time adjustments just a bit.

UberBroncoMan
12-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I got used to not being in the spotlight during the Shanahan era. The craziness of the McD/Tebow era was interesting but hardly something I grew used to. What we have right now is pretty much what I'd expect out of the Broncos. Back to normal.

The Joker
12-09-2012, 04:52 AM
It's got less in terms of up and down excitement but this is just the calm before the storm... just you wait until January and the days leading up to the playoff game/games.

For the first time since 2005 we have a team genuinely capable of winning a Superbowl, and over the next two months we're going to either experience the euphoria of achieving that goal or the heartbreak of coming up short.

****'s gonna get real pretty soon.

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 06:32 AM
In all honesty the games during this winning streak have not been that exciting. But that is fine it's all about the victories. Next weeks win will be exciting enough i am sure.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Bad teams have drama.

There's 3 others in the west to if someone needs some sick motive to follow a football team.

enjolras
12-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm enjoying the season in the abstract. While actually watching the games? Ya, it's pretty boring to be honest. This week should be different. For the last 7 weeks, however... there hasn't been a single moment where I really thought the Broncos might not win.

Gutless Drunk
12-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Not boring at all this year. Last year I about feel asleep numerous times watching the two yards and a cloud of punt offense,

Bacchus
12-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Not boring at all this year. Last year I about feel asleep numerous times watching the two yards and a cloud of punt offense,

You are so right there. Last years games were almost unwatchable.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
It is so much more fun this year. Last year we had 55 minutes of crap and 5 minutes of miracles.

I think playing for a 2 seed is much more exciting than hoping to back into the playoffs where you knew we were going to get killed if we got deep into them.

Anyone remember last year when ESPN Pregame did 30 minutes on Tebow with no comercials? They haven't done that before or since.

Hamrob
12-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Playing losing teams can be boring, but I'm still nervous about us stepping into a trap game.

broncocalijohn
12-09-2012, 06:56 PM
We have Manning! He gives up 3 quarters of excitement over 1 quarter from last season.

broncosteven
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
We have Manning! He gives up 3 quarters of excitement over 1 quarter from last season.

55 minutes of misery followed by 5 minutes of miracles!

lonestar
12-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Sure would like those three quarters to start when the game does. Instead of the last 3.

Fedaykin
12-09-2012, 08:31 PM

Not to mention a D that is exciting to watch, instead of just a 11 guys getting pwned by rookie QBs like it has been for years.

lonestar
12-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Not to mention a D that is exciting to watch, instead of just a 11 guys getting pwned by rookie QBs like it has been for years.

Make that any QBs over the last decade.

It is nice to have a FO that believes in defense. One can only hope the JDR sticks with us till Fox retires and he takes his place.

While I love us having high scoring games, I also love no scoring against us.

I'm hoping that we continue to upgrade our LOS players. As I firmly beleive that is where most games are won and lost.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Let me add those south stands were made out of sheet metal and was over the opposing teams locker rooms.

During half time few if any went out for bathroom trips or food. Most stayed and stomped on the floor. Actually had a oak team official,come out and say they could not hear anything during half time. Said it was like being inside a bass drum.

Yeah we stopped for about 15 seconds. If anything it was worse.

I'd like to think that we affected those half time adjustments just a bit.

My uncle got stuck in a bathroom stall from the stomping. Knocked the door off its foundation

troya900
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm enjoying every second of watching Manning lead OUR team. There is no way in hell I could be bored. I mean we have what maybe 1-2 years more of Manning after this season. I only hope Osweiler or whoever steps in after Manning can be half as good.

baja
12-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I really don't know what is more fun, watching Peyton orchestrate this offense or the beauty of the defense reacting as one mind or the surgeon like precision of the special teams play on both sides.

lonestar
12-09-2012, 11:18 PM
My uncle got stuck in a bathroom stall from the stomping. Knocked the door off its foundation

It got bad some games. People actually jumping up and down, not to mention back then not many shoes while rubber soles on them. Most were leather and really hard materials like the heels on cowboy boots.

The only time it was not loud was when most were in snow gear the snow boots had the rubber type soles. I always took bathroom breaks near the kickoffs or after the teams came back on to the field.

When I did go down I stuffed paper in my ears. As to not suffer hearing loss. That came in handy when I was a sonar operator while in the Nvay.