PDA

View Full Version : Opposing defenses learning it's worth risk to pressure Peyton Manning

baja
12-08-2012, 08:03 AM
From Oct. 15 to Nov. 11, the Broncos allowed Peyton Manning to be sacked one time.
Yes, just one time in four games, a run that included a trip to Cincinnati to face the Bengals, those same Bengals who are currently tied with the Broncos for the league's sack lead (39) even though Cincinnati has played one fewer game at the moment.
But that run is certainly over. And mixed in with all of the victories of late eight in a row and counting the Broncos have slipped back into their early-season pattern of letting Manning get hit more along the way.
Manning was sacked eight times in the Broncos' first three games this season, 10 times in the first five combined. Then came the four-game streak when Carolina got to him once, and that was it. The Broncos had it locked down, they said.
But defenses have not agreed of late. They have continued to turn up the heat since with the Raiders sending blitz after blitz at Manning for three sacks Thursday night. Manning has now been sacked eight times in the last four games, including the three from the Raiders and three from the Chargers.
Defenses know what Manning can do against the blitz. He is one of the best all-time throwing against the extra rusher. But they have also decided it's more than worth the risk.

Read more: Opposing defenses learning it's worth risk to pressure Peyton Manning - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22147039/opposing-defenses-learning-its-worth-risk-pressure-peyton?source=jBar#ixzz2ETcpS6TF
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

baja
12-08-2012, 08:04 AM
I would say this is priority 1 in things to get fixed.

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 08:07 AM
That's why I say that if we want to get three good years out of Peyton, we need to go high in the draft on offensive linemen, getting at least one that can start immediately, and get another through FA.

baja
12-08-2012, 08:13 AM
This is the little known litigation happy society effect.

DenverBroncosJM
12-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Kuper back at 100% fixes this

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 08:17 AM

I think we really need to upgrade at center.

baja
12-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I suspect Dan Koppen is wearing down.

bpc
12-08-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure drafting linemen fixes it. FA would be the best bet over the next 3 yrs if winning a championship is the goal. We need ready made guys to step in on the interior. Depth at WR/RB/TE is also critical this offseason.

baja
12-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Maybe Blake will be the guy

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm not sure drafting linemen fixes it. FA would be the best bet over the next 3 yrs if winning a championship is the goal. We need ready made guys to step in on the interior. Depth at WR/RB/TE is also critical this offseason.

Maurkice Pouncey started all 16 games in his rookie year for the Steelers. I think Barrett Jones could do the same thing for the team that drafts him.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Yes. Blitzing Peyton manning, what a novel concept! The reason teams back off it is cause he burns it so often. There's nothing to see here

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Yes. Blitzing Peyton manning, what a novel concept! The reason teams back off it is cause he burns it so often. There's nothing to see here

Other than how easy it was for a bad team like the Raiders to be successful at it.

mopatt24
12-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Since we drafted Blake last year, I think they'll bring in a Guard and Center in FA to compete. Drafting a player or 2 on offense with an " explosive " type ability, I see them doing. Think RB and WR

Lev Vyvanse
12-08-2012, 08:34 AM

This. He will fix the interior protections, even if he has to tell Ramirez what to do before each play. Once that happens this is a blueprint on how to get 50 points scored against your team.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Other than how easy it was for a bad team like the Raiders to be successful at it.

I wouldn't necessarily call that raider performance a "success"

Lestat
12-08-2012, 08:46 AM
some of it is the OL and some of it is Peyton going through his progressions and waiting for his routes to develop, which is admirable and a good quality for the QB to have.
but considering the state of the OL he needs to get the ball out quicker.

NFLBRONCO
12-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Rushing a QB was a good idea who knew. If it was me I'd add a younger slot wr and another rb first

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-08-2012, 08:51 AM
What's the common theme with all these teams that blitzed him?

They lost

Archie
12-08-2012, 09:08 AM

They lost

And Kuper was out!

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-08-2012, 09:14 AM
And Kuper was out!

Yep that too. Can't count how many times i saw Ramirez either ignore or whiff.

Kuper makes Koppen better, Ramirez brings Koppen down.

milehighJC
12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
The issue to me is not that teams will get enough sacks to slow the offense down, generally it looks to me like when teams blitz, Manning makes them pay - at least enough to keep a drive moving. I would have to go back and look at Oakland game again, but off hand I cant remember whether we had any drives stall because of a sack - simply because the Broncos kept picking up 3rd and longs.

What does concern me is that the Broncos are one Manning injury away from not being a super bowl contender. Not that the Broncos are a one player team, they are not, but I don't see Hoss as being able to carry this team through Baltimore and New England, and the road to the SB goes through them. He might be able to get them through Cleveland and/or KC, but that's about it IMHO.

Seeing Oakland coming at Manning untouched was not a comfortable feeling, although I had to laugh when he saw at least one of those coming and dropped to the turf in a fetal position. Smart, very smart.

Lestat
12-08-2012, 09:24 AM
we have to have a top OL draftee next year, i was set on it being to replace Walton or Beadles but Beadles has gone beast mode at times this season.
looks like only C needs repairing.

both Blake and Walton will be coming off injured reserve trips.
that scares me.
if Moreno can keep it up we should be fine with he,Willis and Hillman.
do need to draft a slot though.

sgbfan
12-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Maurkice Pouncey started all 16 games in his rookie year for the Steelers. I think Barrett Jones could do the same thing for the team that drafts him.

Didn't Walton start 16 games as a rookie?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-08-2012, 09:28 AM
I thought Walton was progressing until the injury. Not sure how that injury will affect progression now. Another offseason to fill in the holes and add to this team? Next year will be a powerhouse

Kaylore
12-08-2012, 10:02 AM
This article is stupid. On a short week missing our best interior lineman (probably best lineman period) without being able to work on our hot reads and now "we're vulnerable to the blitz" despite not being so all year. And the Chargers issue was mis-communication. I welcome more blitz opportunities.

BroncsCheer
12-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Seeing Oakland coming at Manning untouched was not a comfortable feeling, although I had to laugh when he saw at least one of those coming and dropped to the turf in a fetal position. Smart, very smart.

I used to hate when he'd do that to the Broncos D (or any other team he played that I wanted to win) - now it's just another reason I SOOOOOOO glad he's on the Broncos and not an opponent

swaiy
12-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Its worth it to blitz anytime Ramirez is in the game. He might as well be wearing an Air Traffic Control vest and waving glowing wands at the defensive linemen to guide them in for a sack.

razorwire77
12-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Definitely an oversimplification presented in the article. If anything, Manning seems to struggle (if you even want to call it that) with static front sevens or variations of amoeba defense which can make it trickier to make line calls, protections etc.

I imagine Peyton would welcome the idea of exotic blitz packages and safeties flying into the box with 7 seconds on the play clock. Especially when Manny Ramirez goes back to the clubhouse and we get Kupe back.

sgbfan
12-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I thought Walton was progressing until the injury. Not sure how that injury will affect progression now. Another offseason to fill in the holes and add to this team? Next year will be a powerhouse

If we have a good year of FA and a draft like the last 2, this will be a very good team and one to be reckoned with. I don't know enough about the OL to know if Walton is the answer or not, but I do no we can't backtrack by getting another rookie C unless he is just a stud.

DarkHorse30
12-08-2012, 10:18 AM
What does concern me is that the Broncos are one Manning injury away from not being a super bowl contender.
and NE is one Brady injury ...etc, etc.

elite QBs make their team the best, and there is no team that has a backup that can step in without a fall off (except for Houston and Baltimore who have don't have elite QBs, IMO.)

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't necessarily call that raider performance a "success"

They hit Manning three times. Any one of those could have taken him out and ended our season. Fortunately, Peyton has been around long enough that he knows how to duck. I wouldn't want to see James Harrison getting shots at Peyton.

peacepipe
12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
The issue to me is not that teams will get enough sacks to slow the offense down, generally it looks to me like when teams blitz, Manning makes them pay - at least enough to keep a drive moving. I would have to go back and look at Oakland game again, but off hand I cant remember whether we had any drives stall because of a sack - simply because the Broncos kept picking up 3rd and longs.

What does concern me is that the Broncos are one Manning injury away from not being a super bowl contender. Not that the Broncos are a one player team, they are not, but I don't see Hoss as being able to carry this team through Baltimore and New England, and the road to the SB goes through them. He might be able to get them through Cleveland and/or KC, but that's about it IMHO.

Seeing Oakland coming at Manning untouched was not a comfortable feeling, although I had to laugh when he saw at least one of those coming and dropped to the turf in a fetal position. Smart, very smart.every QB in the league is one injury away from not being a SB contender.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 11:24 AM

From what I saw Koppen was being bull rushed or flat beat by opposing interior DL guys. Beadles was also being abused. And frankly about the only OL guy that has improved has been Franklin. Clady has been beat for pressures allowed as well as sacks.

While I have not looked at average weights on OL guys for a couple of years, the better OLs in the past were about 10 pounds on average bigger than our existing average.

Have had real hope with proper coaching and some offseason weight gain (muscle) both Beadles and Walton would improve. Not sure if we have the time left to see that to fruiation. Also I'll beat this drum again I don't think we can afford Clady long term. Which future confounds the issues.

Someone better figure out how to beat the blitz or how to run the right hot routes.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
They hit Manning three times. Any one of those could have taken him out and ended our season. Fortunately, Peyton has been around long enough that he knows how to duck. I wouldn't want to see James Harrison getting shots at Peyton.

That's football, that's gonna happen. I don't think it's indicative of some huge problem. And I don't think the raiders really touched him in the second half

baja
12-08-2012, 11:37 AM

If (God forbid) Manning can't play it will be Heine playing not Osweiler. Heine is stashed on inactive for exactly the same reason Moreno was (also KM needed to heal up). Both were waiting to be needed while the younger guys get some experience. In Osweiler's case it was also to follow Manning around like a puppy in training.

Jetmeck
12-08-2012, 11:39 AM

They lost

Some of you guys love to jump ANYONE pointing out an issue.

If Raiders can get it done when they had only 14 sacks for the year before our game then got 3-4 against us what will say the
Ravens, Pats or Texans get ?

Valid point..............take your orange glasses off

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 11:40 AM
That's football, that's gonna happen. I don't think it's indicative of some huge problem. And I don't think the raiders really touched him in the second half

I don't think it's a "huge" problem either. I just think that if you really want to create a stable, championship team, start with the Oline. This Oline has improved, but it could certainly stand to be upgraded, especially at center. The Raiders are not a good team. No way in hell they should get to our QB three times. I figure we have two more years of Manning, tops. So, we should go after the best center available in the offseason. And that should be the top priority.

baja
12-08-2012, 11:48 AM
This place is funny. All of a sudden we need to draft a center high. We got Walton and Blake and a very serviceable Koppen. Walton will be back as a starter Blake is on a fake IR and will have another year of development. We are OK at center IOM. We do need to replace ManRam though.

Rohirrim
12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
This place is funny. All of a sudden we need to draft a center high. We got Walton and Blake and a very serviceable Koppen. Walton will be back as a starter Blake is on a fake IR and will have another year of development. We are OK at center IOM. We do need to replace ManRam though.

I'm talking about getting a top tier, first round quality center, like Pouncey. Not a third rounder, like Walton, a backup guard, like Blake, or a guy who is 33, and serviceable, like Koppen, but not the future. When we had an all-pro quality center in Nalen, the line was not just good at protecting, it projected its will on the opponent in every aspect of offense. Our line is just okay. I want it to be a force. Make your line better and you make your QB, your WRs, and especially your RBs, better as well.

Agamemnon
12-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Seems to me most of the sacks have been due to someone not being accounted for. That's mental errors that can and should be fixed fairly easily. I do agree with others that we need to upgrade our o-line, but for the sake of the run more than pass blocking.

Agamemnon
12-08-2012, 01:19 PM

When has Walton ever looked any better than average?

baja
12-08-2012, 01:43 PM

He showed good improvement from last year to this year. We have good line coaching now and these guys will get better. We already have an all pro LT and beast RT a pro bowl G and a vastly improved G (coaching?)

We only have 1 first round pick. My point is you do not need to spend it on a center, we have other needs. Walton will be coached up just like Beadles was, if not they will find another free agent like they did with Koppen.

Inkana7
12-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Before he got hurt.

errand
12-08-2012, 02:11 PM

They lost

This^

Gotta laugh at all the armchair internet quarterbacks who are telling Manning what he needs to do....

errand
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM

If Raiders can get it done when they had only 14 sacks for the year before our game then got 3-4 against us what will say the

Valid point..............take your orange glasses off

and some people just always have to find something anything negative about this team..... if we didn't allow a sack they would have been b****ing about Moreno's yards per carry.... or Decker doesn't get enough separation, etc.

it's almost as if people are looking for a reason for the Broncos to lose a game.... and never think that, "you know what we might win it all"

Old Dude
12-08-2012, 02:23 PM
We have to remember that this is still a work in progress.

It takes a village to burn a blitz. The receivers have to make their hot reads and understand what's expected of them. The linemen and backs have similar chores. As more of the young people on offense get on the same page with Manning, things will heat up.

Lev Vyvanse
12-08-2012, 02:38 PM

Pats: 2
Texans: 3

milehighJC
12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
If (God forbid) Manning can't play it will be Heine playing not Osweiler. Heine is stashed on inactive for exactly the same reason Moreno was (also KM needed to heal up). Both were waiting to be needed while the younger guys get some experience. In Osweiler's case it was also to follow Manning around like a puppy in training.

Well, yeah, there is that. Funny how I absolutely forgot about Heine. He has faded SO far into the background (inactive will do that I guess) that I didn't even think about him, but you are right.

Point well taken about all contenders being an injury away from not being contenders. For what its worth, I still worry more about a Manning injury than the offense not being able to move the ball.

fontaine
12-08-2012, 03:04 PM
This article is stupid. On a short week missing our best interior lineman (probably best lineman period) without being able to work on our hot reads and now "we're vulnerable to the blitz" despite not being so all year. And the Chargers issue was mis-communication. I welcome more blitz opportunities.

Exactly, not to forget that Stokley was extremely limited and DT was off the field for the 2nd/3rd quarter when Oakland were blitzing. Otherwise a hot read to either one of those guys would have done enough damage to stop them blitzing again.

EDIT: first drive in the 3rd and DT came back.

Raiders first blitz: Manning intermediate to left sidelines to DT: Pass interference on Bartell, first down.

Raiders seconds blitz: Manning intermediate to left sidelines to DT: big first down 22 yard gain, Tamme and OL pick up blitz easy.

Raiders third blitz: Manning intermediate to right sidelines to Decker: OL + Tamme (lined up beside LT inline blocker) pick up blitz easy. Another big first down: 30 yard gain dropped right into the hands of Decker.

Raiders stopped blitzing then.
:)

winstoncup bronco
12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
and some people just always have to find something anything negative about this team..... if we didn't allow a sack they would have been b****ing about Moreno's yards per carry.... or Decker doesn't get enough separation, etc.

it's almost as if people are looking for a reason for the Broncos to lose a game.... and never think that, "you know what we might win it all"

I don't see what the big problem is with OP. I was surprised myself to see the Raiders get such good pressure. Maybe it's an aberration, but we'll know for sure next week at Baltimore.

And, oh yeah, for a guy that was apologizing back in January after the Broncos beat Pittsburgh, and for all the excuses that you made after we WON games last year, it's just a wee bit hypocritical of you to jump on OP like that.

CEH
12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Not sure Raiders sacked Peyton after halftime
ManRam's guy (Houston) was completely unblocked for one sack. A straight shot at Manning

lonestar
12-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Everyone was saying that Koppen was a huge upgrade over Walton when he went to IR. personally I did not see it but that was a battle I was not going to take on with all the other irons I have in the fire.

I'm hoping the Walton can pack on 10-15 pounds of muscle and get the coaching on how not to allow folks to bull rush him. I saw few times when someone flat got by him left or right, while I have seen both by Koppen when Manny has been in there. I do not remember that happening with Kuper.

That said I DO NOT think that Kuper was healed completely when they brought him back. There is I'm ok to go and there is 100% ready to go. I suspect that he was in between there somewhere. Because he was not the BLOCKER I remember from last year, when I watch his play. He was tentative and or slow getting his guy out of the way.

I have always said anytime you change players on the oline around you are really screwing up the chemistry in blocking folks. Instead of fast automatic reaction they have to THINK who is next to them and how he will pickup the guy coming loose On a blitz. Slightest hesitation in the NFL create sacks or TFL, not so much at the college level or below.

I'm not sure anymore if any of our OL are Super Bowl ready. Ofthe injuries had not happened and they had a full year playing together maybe. Clady is not what he was years ago better than the past couple of years but still not back to his own self. Franklin as much as I have seen with limited film watching seems to be the most ready one that is going right now.

Beadles has regressed on pass protect since Walton went down on run blocking especially as a pulling guard well thatnisa thing of beauty.

Time will tell the coaching staff is grading these guys and we will know when we know.

lonestar
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
ManRam's guy (Houston) was completely unblocked for one sack. A straight shot at Manning

I think that was a stunt they ran. With Manny engaged with some one else.

You have to remember Allen was in charge of these guys last year and I'm sure he had some tips to share.

winstoncup bronco
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM

That play was ridiculous. It was if he didn't know what to do next. Hard to believe a guy like that is on an NFL roster, let alone protecting a guy like Peyton Manning.

FearLanier
12-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm shocked teams aren't using Romeo's blueprint more.

In order to stop Manning you need to play in the nickel have 2 good pass rushers. Only rushing 4 is the key and that extra DB is extremely valuable.
Blitzing LB's is what gets you in trouble.

That's what Romeo did and it's also what the Steelers did when they beat Peyton in the playoffs a few years ago.

errand
12-08-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't see what the big problem is with OP. I was surprised myself to see the Raiders get such good pressure. Maybe it's an aberration, but we'll know for sure next week at Baltimore.

And, oh yeah, for a guy that was apologizing back in January after the Broncos beat Pittsburgh, and for all the excuses that you made after we WON games last year, it's just a wee bit hypocritical of you to jump on OP like that.

Apologizing for what? Please link where I apologized and made excuses for any Broncos win.

I stated facts....the Bears game is a loss if not for the Barber **** up of running out of bounds and fumble....the Broncos lost their last 3 games when all they needed was one solitary win, and it took the Raiders choking for us to even make the playoffs. And the star of the Steelers win was DThomas....who had 140 yards after the catch...but like the rest of the hero worshipers, you chose to think it was all Tebow.

baja
12-08-2012, 03:55 PM

You have to remember Allen was in charge of these guys last year and I'm sure he had some tips to share.

That's a really good point. I failed to consider that. If any coach would know the weakness of our O line it would be Allen.

Agamemnon
12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
He showed good improvement from last year to this year. We have good line coaching now and these guys will get better. We already have an all pro LT and beast RT a pro bowl G and a vastly improved G (coaching?)

We only have 1 first round pick. My point is you do not need to spend it on a center, we have other needs. Walton will be coached up just like Beadles was, if not they will find another free agent like they did with Koppen.

Walton and Beadles are mediocre. I'm amazed at the fact that so many on this board have deluded themselves otherwise.

baja
12-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Walton and Beadles are mediocre. I'm amazed at the fact that so many on this board have deluded themselves otherwise.

Granted but the issue being discussed currently is rather or not we should spend our #1 pick on a stud center.

cutthemdown
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Broncos will probably need to come up with a few more max protect options and look for big plays downfield. You could rip off a few of the Redskins plays where they literally have only 1 or 2 passing options because teams come after rg3. But skins getting some big chances downfield like that.

Also if teams come at Broncos that hard, like the Raiders did, it will leave them open to big runs. You saw it with Hillman but for some reason he made a move way to late, thought about it too much? something because he wiggled little.

winstoncup bronco
12-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Apologizing for what? Please link where I apologized and made excuses for any Broncos win.

I stated facts....the Bears game is a loss if not for the Barber **** up of running out of bounds and fumble....the Broncos lost their last 3 games when all they needed was one solitary win, and it took the Raiders choking for us to even make the playoffs. And the star of the Steelers win was DThomas....who had 140 yards after the catch...but like the rest of the hero worshipers, you chose to think it was all Tebow.

Still can't get through a post without mentioning that name can you? I know I sure as hell never said, implied or inferred it. My calling you a hypocrite has nothing to do with any one player.

I'm glad you're getting all defensive over what I posted, because you should be.

TheChamp24
12-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I find it hilarious people think its some huge deal.
We just blew an assignments. Ramirez didn't end up blocking anyone on one, and his guy went untouched for a sack.
Two other blitzes a guy wasn't picked up.

I mean, Manning was eating the blitz up. we had over 400 yards and 26 points. Should have had more points, but we stumbled in the red zone.

baja
12-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I find it hilarious people think its some huge deal.
We just blew an assignments. Ramirez didn't end up blocking anyone on one, and his guy went untouched for a sack.
Two other blitzes a guy wasn't picked up.

I mean, Manning was eating the blitz up. we had over 400 yards and 26 points. Should have had more points, but we stumbled in the red zone.

It's more about getting Maning hurt. That said love the way he hit the fetal position when he saw the guy barreling down on him. It was a big relief

CEH
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM

No stunt they just overloaded Frankins' side.it's the 2nd highlight on the game highlights on NFL.com. The DT lined up between ManRam and Koppen angled down and shot the A gap. Houston was in the B gap and there was a rusher in the C gap that Franklin picked up. Houston rushed untouched from the B gap with Ramirez and Koppen blocking the A gap. On the other side 2 rushers picked up by Beadles and Clady

lonestar
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM
No stunt they just overloaded Frankins' side.it's the 2nd highlight on the game highlights on NFL.com. The DT lined up between ManRam and Koppen angled down and shot the A gap. Houston was in the B gap and there was a rusher in the C gap that Franklin picked up. Houston rushed untouched from the B gap with Ramirez and Koppen blocking the A gap. On the other side 2 rushers picked up by Beadles and Clady

Thanks it was me of the plays I did not replay as I was watching the game.

Jetmeck
12-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Listen up whether you admit it or not doesn't mean chit.

Pitiful Raiders got 3-4 sacks when they had all of 14 for the season before that...............

Get this fixed or playoff teams will turn Manning into a bobble head.

Sick of the band wagoners calling people out for pointing to obvious problems that need addressed if we want another SB trophy.

Been a fan for 40 years and went through a living hell in Chief country with the first three SB losses.

Anyone doubting my allegiance can kiss my ass, if thats not good enough my fist is next......................

ZONA
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Yes, I agree. Kind of amusing that teams are "learning to like blitzing Manning" but the outcome has been the same, they lose the game. And let's be honest here, when you're a pass first team, of course defenses will blitz more often then a team that runs the ball more then they do pass.

I'm not sure I buy this teams are blitzing more. Just because we've had a few more sacks doesn't mean they are blitzing more. It could mean, on those 1 or 2 plays they did a good job in coverage and there was no place to throw the ball or somebody got beat up front. It happens. The other team gets paid to play also and they have good players too.

ZONA
12-08-2012, 07:56 PM

Pitiful Raiders got 3-4 sacks when they had all of 14 for the season before that...............

Sick of the band wagoners calling people out for pointing to obvious problems that need addressed if we want another SB trophy.

Been a fan for 40 years and went through a living hell in Chief country with the first three SB losses.

Anyone doubting my allegiance can kiss my ass, if thats not good enough my fist is next......................

Explain "fix". If a guy gets beat up front, he got beat. Plain and simple. Doesn't mean he didn't know his blocking assignment. Sometimes coverage is good, the receivers don't get open, that gives the defense time to get to the QB. Sometimes the QB holds the ball a little too long, he's looking to make the play instead of throwing the ball away. Also, there is the fact that we had an injury on the OL. So you're not as good up front as you normally are.

I don't buy this mentality that there is something to fix. I think it mostly comes down to executing your assignment, not getting beat, not getting greedy. Sometimes plays are not there to make.

Let's not over react to a few more sacks. If we had score TD's in the redzone this week instead of some FG's, the score would have been like 30 something to 14 and nobody would be talking about anything except how we dominated the Raiders. Let's not freak out and say there is this broken thing that needs fixing. Of course teams are always practicing and trying to improve but that doesn't apply to statement about something that is totally broken and needs to be fixed.

DBroncos4life
12-08-2012, 07:58 PM

:rofl: You mad bro? You going to internet punch us? You didn't post we need to do this better or we need to get better at this after games last year. Hilarious! Pretty clear why :thumbs:

Dutch
12-08-2012, 09:15 PM
That's a really good point. I failed to consider that. If any coach would know the weakness of our O line it would be Allen.

Another point to consider would be the fact that Allen had just buried his father a couple of days before. If people don't think those guys were trying to win one for their coach, you're crazy. Extra motivation from a team looking for anything positive to hang their hat on at this point of the year. As far as I'm concerned, nothing here to get the panties in a bunch over. As usual.8')

errand
12-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow...ok, so according to Jetmeck, the Raiders getting 18 sacks in 13 games means they suck at pass rushing....but the Broncos allowing 19 sacks in 13 games means they suck at pass blocking.