PDA

View Full Version : Darren McFadden re-injured ankle last night

Kaylore
12-07-2012, 10:27 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/darren-mcfadden-re-injures-ankle-in-loss-to-broncos/

According to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle, Raiders head coach Dennis Allen said McFadden was unable to finish the game Thursday night after re-injuring his ankle.

This is a five star talent with one star durability, sadly.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Saw him come up limping in the 2nd half...I figured he tweaked his ankle again. Raiders were toast anyway at that point.

NFLN showed an interesting graphic with all of the Raiders top 10 draft picks over the last 9 years (6 total).

Rolando McClain - 2010 (#8 overall)
Darrius Heyward-Bey - 2009 (#7 overall)
Darren McFadden - 2008 (#4 overall)
JaMarcus Russell - 2007 (#1 overall)
Micheal Huff - 2006 (#6 overall)
Robert Gallery - 2004 (#2 overall)

Mayock commented how none of those guys were worthy of a top 15 draft pick. Amazing. If Al Davis wasn't their GM, they would be loaded...as it is, they are fighting for the #1 overall pick again. You have to also consider, that they have been picking at the top of the 2nd round for most of those years too. Just simply amazing.

sgbfan
12-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Saw him come up limping in the 2nd half...I figured he tweaked his ankle again. Raiders were toast anyway at that point.

NFLN showed an interesting graphic with all of the Raiders top 10 draft picks over the last 9 years (6 total).

Mayock commented how none of those guys were worthy of a top 15 draft pick. Amazing. If Al Davis wasn't their GM, they would be loaded...as it is, they are fighting for the #1 overall pick again. You have to also consider, that they have been picking at the top of the 2nd round for most of those years too. Just simply amazing.

Did Mcfadden have the injury issues in college? Cause if he is healthy, with a decent OL, he is likely a top 5 NFL RB imo.

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2012, 11:15 AM
When McFadden is healthy he's the #1 RB in the NFL.

winstoncup bronco
12-07-2012, 11:35 AM

I saw this last night as well, and thought it was disingenuous.

Alot of those guys were drafted exactly where they were projected. Russell and Gallery were very highly regarded coming out, and for Mayock to say McFadden wasn't a top 15 prospect in 2008 is ridiculous. It's very easy in hindsight to look at those selections and say you would have done things differently, and for Mayock to come across like he did was unprofessional. I'll bet during those drafts he didn't say anything critical at the time.

Alot of times in those situations, a team gets burned because the player just busts, not because they reached, or didn't know what they were doing.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Not even close.

McFadden has only had 11 100 yard rushing games in his 5 year career. He has only broke 1,000 yards once (2010).

Without the 36 yard run, where (Champ only missed the tackle at the LOS because of the horrible field conditions), McFadden would have had 10 carries for 16 yards.

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Not even close.

McFadden has only had 11 100 yard rushing games in his 5 year career. He has only broke 1,000 yards once (2010). His career is on the downside. Yes he has straight line speed, but not much else.

Without the 36 yard run, where (Champ only missed the tackle at the LOS because of the horrible field conditions), McFadden would have had 10 carries for 16 yards.

I stand behind my opinion. You of course have yours.

Br0nc0Buster
12-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Knowshon laughs at McFaddens durability

My guess is his chicken legs have something to do with him never being able to stay healthy

Just isnt built for the rigors of the NFL

Drunk Monkey
12-07-2012, 12:10 PM

I would go as far as top 5 but not the best. A Peterson (when healthy) is second to none.

Dexter
12-07-2012, 12:13 PM

No way. I think he's good but I wouldn't take him over:

Ray Rice
Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Doug Martin

Edit, didn't read far enough to see the other comments. Didn't mean to pile on. We're all friends here right?^5

pricejj
12-07-2012, 12:13 PM
I stand behind my opinion. You of course have yours.

Even coming out of college, McFadden has always been a one-dimensional straight-line speed back.

Here are 7 RB's better than Darren McFadden (even when he's healthy, which is never):
1. Adrian Peterson (4.40 forty)
2. Chris Johnson (4.24 forty)
3. Marshawn Lynch (4.46 forty)
4. Arian Foster (4.68 forty)
5. Ray Rice (4.42 forty)
6. Maurice Jones-Drew (4.39 forty)
7. Jamaal Charles (4.38 forty)

x. Darren McFadden (4.33 forty)

Just because McFadden runs a few one-hundredths of a second faster forty than most of the guys on this list, doesn't make him a better back. I would even say that Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, and Doug Martin are better (and the list goes on and on).

McFadden has only ran over 150 yards once (against Denver in 2010, when we had the worst running defense in the NFL). In the 11 games McFadden has broke 100 yards (in 5 years), he had at least one 30-yard run. Without a very occasional big play, McFadden is not a very good running back...and that's not even considering his durability.

gyldenlove
12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
I saw this last night as well, and thought it was disingenuous.

Alot of those guys were drafted exactly where they were projected. Russell and Gallery were very highly regarded coming out, and for Mayock to say McFadden wasn't a top 15 prospect in 2008 is ridiculous. It's very easy in hindsight to look at those selections and say you would have done things differently, and for Mayock to come across like he did was unprofessional. I'll bet during those drafts he didn't say anything critical at the time.

Alot of times in those situations, a team gets burned because the player just busts, not because they reached, or didn't know what they were doing.

The only one in the group I would say was obviously overdrafted and at the time was considered to definitely not be a top 10 pick was Darrius Heyward-Bay, he was pretty consensus predicted to be a 2nd round type talent who got boosted up because of a really fast 40 yard time.

I think the Raiders have been burned much more by poor coaching, lack of consistency and lack of professionalism than anything. I don't remember seeing a Raider team that really played like they cared about football for the last 10 years. The poor discipline, the lack of development has been a result of the poor atmosphere.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Without McFadden's 165 yard game against Denver in 2010 (he had a 57 yard TD), he still wouldn't have reached 1,000 yards.

Rabb
12-07-2012, 12:24 PM

Yeah, I tend to agree with you...he's at least in the discussion. When he is healthy, they guy is just unreal.

Thankfully for us, he's not healthy most of the time.

Rabb
12-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Without McFadden's 165 yard game against Denver in 2010 (he had a 57 yard TD), he still wouldn't have reached 1,000 yards.

You realize he only played in 13 games that year, right? Or are you ignoring the "when he's healthy" part of this?

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 12:33 PM

no he isnt but he is a very good Running Back that teams would love to have on their roster. I do love his easy drop at the beginning of the game.

SleepingTiger
12-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Even coming out of college, McFadden has always been a one-dimensional straight-line speed back.

Here are 7 RB's better than Darren McFadden (even when he's healthy, which is never):
5. Ray Rice (4.42 forty)

Just because McFadden runs a few one-hundredths of a second faster forty than most of the guys on this list, doesn't make him a better back. I would even say that Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, and Doug Martin are better (and the list goes on and on).

McFadden has only ran over 150 yards once (against Denver in 2010, when we had the worst running defense in the NFL). In the 11 games McFadden has broke 100 yards (in 5 years), he had at least one 30-yard run. Without a very occasional big play, McFadden is not a very good running back...and that's not even considering his durability.

c'mon, I hate the raiders like any other Broncos fan. McFadden isn't Tatum bell. The guy has speed, vision, power and decent moves. To say he has only straight line speed is crazy. Without injury, I would rank AP #1 and McFadden #2a, Arian Foster #2b

rmsanger
12-07-2012, 12:54 PM
He's top 5 back when healthy but I'm not going top 3. I'd take AP, Foster, MJD, and Rice over him.

Earlier this year I would have said McCoy, Charles, Lynch, and Forte as well. He belongs in the discussion with them and Doug Martin, Richardson, and maybe Spiller coming on.

sgbfan
12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
He's not Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster, but he's right up there with Charles, Johnson, Lynch, Rice, etc... if healthy. But he's not healthy ever, so its all speculation.

Houshyamama
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM

Hilarious!

Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Ray Rice
Chris Johnson
LeSean McCoy

I could go on.

http://i.imgur.com/YbmNt.jpg

One, I repeat ONE thousand yard rushing season in five years. He's never played more than 13 games in a season. He has many talents I'm sure, but one of those is not staying healthy. 4.5 yds/carry for his career. Very good, but #1 runningback in the NFL? Let's not get carried away here.

Edit: So I didn't read the other comments....

Lycan
12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
http://riddlerreviews.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/glass.jpg

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2012, 03:22 PM

5. Ray Rice (4.42 forty)

DOOOOOOOOONNNNTTTT CAAAAAAAAAARRRREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like McFadden dude!

Headless Hessian Rider
12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
No way. I think he's good but I wouldn't take him over:

Ray Rice
Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Doug Martin

Edit, didn't read far enough to see the other comments. Didn't mean to pile on. We're all friends here right?^5

If we talk about a potential durabilty then i would take

Terell Davis:strong:

pricejj
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
c'mon, I hate the raiders like any other Broncos fan. McFadden isn't Tatum bell. The guy has speed, vision, power and decent moves. To say he has only straight line speed is crazy. Without injury, I would rank AP #1 and McFadden #2a, Arian Foster #2b

Tatum Bell is actually a pretty good comparison for McFadden up to this point in his career.

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I've got eyes and I know football and I like McFadden when he's healthy (his health is a real issue). But he's got great vision, power and speed and he catches the ball like a WR.

I'll take McFadden, period.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
DOOOOOOOOONNNNTTTT CAAAAAAAAAARRRREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like McFadden dude!

That's cool! :sunshine: