PDA

View Full Version : 119 yds, 1 td give it up !

Pages : [1] 2

Jetmeck
12-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Moreno dishin up some crow...........eat it !

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Bust. He was drafted by mcd. Therefore my vagina says bust.

Requiem
12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Haters gonna hate. Why? Because they have CP.

Agamemnon
12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm just glad we didn't cut the guy like so many jokers wanted. Dude is never going to live up to his draft spot, but he's far from the dog **** back so many OMers act like.

montrose
12-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Plus 48 yards receiving.

He seems to be running angry every carry. Even through the last few years he'd give you a highlight run ever so often, he never had the consistency he's playing with now. Don't want to overreact too much but right now he reminds me of the guy who played at Georgia that was a consensus first rounder.

Vine
Average game. 119 yards against the worst defense in the NFL is what an average running back would do on an average day against that team.

BroncoFanDoug
I'm just glad we didn't cut the guy like so many jokers wanted. Dude is never going to live up to his draft spot, but he's far from the dog **** back so many OMers act like.

This. We drafted him too high but he is very serviceable back and we are not over-paying him. Nuff said.

canadianbroncosfan
So glad I started him in Fantasy tonight!!

canadianbroncosfan
12-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Average game. 119 yards against the worst defense in the NFL is what an average running back would do on an average day against that team.

And his 48 yards receiving and a TD?

Sorry I think his performance tonight was above "average"

oubronco
On both Morenos TD run and the one first down Clark pushed him to the promised land, like get upfield knowshon oh **** it i'll do it for you

Good stuff
<!-- / message -->

Agamemnon

You are an idiot.

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
And his 48 yards receiving and a TD?

Sorry I think his performance tonight was above "average"

That's because you aren't a moron.

Lestat
12-06-2012, 08:46 PM
dude is a big help and will pay dividends in the playoffs.
his play will allow us to focus on other needs in the draft.

maven
You have to give him lots of props for his play today. Fox said this is his last chance when McGahee went down. And he's playing hard like it's last chance.

Requiem
I see Vine dropped by and dropped some blood out of his vagina.

Lestat
You are an idiot.

we don't always agree, but you're spot on with this!

maven
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM

It's one game. For where he was drafted he has sucked balls. Lets see him keep it up come playoff time.

Archer81
12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Solid game on a short week. Good job, Knowshon.

:Broncos:

Bronco X
12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
An easy argument that this was the best performance by a Bronco running back this season.

bronco militia
12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
played well on a ****ty field

Popps
12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Moreno has shown ability since he arrived in Denver, regardless of where he was selected or who selected him. Glad to see him pitching in again and helping us win another game.

The true key is the guy staying healthy because Hillman doesn't look capable of every-down work.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 08:50 PM
On 28 carries... He's an average running back. That is all he will ever be.

swaiy
Knowshon haters: He sucks. He falls down alot and doesnt follow his blocker. He also doesnt run hard and goes down on first contact. He needs to make the crucial 1st downs and move the chains. He also needs to move the pile.

*After the game he just did all of it in*

Knowshon haters: Well, well....B-b-but he did it against a bad team.

Keep moving those goal posts guys. No one is saying he is a future HOF but he has done exactly what they need him to do and its killing the haters to admit it.

BigPlayShay
No shoes lost? Seriously, tough effort by Knowshon. Ran with purpose.

Vine
You are an idiot.

Why the name calling? Can't we just disagree? I have known you on this board for some time, always respected your views, even agreed with a lot of things you say. I have come to expect insults from certain others in this forum, but coming from you, is quite surprising.

HAT
12-06-2012, 08:51 PM

To be fair...I think it was only oudoctorbroncosteven who called for the cut or 7th round trade.

I think.

Archer81

maven
An easy argument that this was the best performance by a Bronco running back this season.

Easy? No

Willis went for 122 yards, 33 yards receiving, and a TD.

Al Wilson
12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
The last 3 games he's played, he's definitely shown some growth. He's not dancing as much as he used to in the backfield; he sees the hole and goes, which is a good thing. In my opinion he had a very good game running the ball today, and his blocking is improving as well. Lots of positives that's for sure.

Requiem
The people who hate on him have BMI's in the 30s, listen to Brad Paisley and wear the same flanel shirts every day of the week. They are what we call ****ing losers.

swaiy

This thread appreciates your detailed synopsis, Captain Obvious.

Vine
12-06-2012, 08:53 PM
dude is a big help and will pay dividends in the playoffs.
his play will allow us to focus on other needs in the draft.

What, now the resurgence of km means that rb is no longer a high need? KM has performed adequately but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

maven
Moreno has shown ability since he arrived in Denver, regardless of where he was selected or who selected him. Glad to see him pitching in again and helping us win another game.

The true key is the guy staying healthy because Hillman doesn't look capable of every-down work.

Hillman needs to bulk the F up and he still wouldn't be an every down back.

Injuries is the key word since Moreno likes to break his vag.

Bronco X
Easy? No

Maybe not easy... but he lost a fumble in that game that briefly kept the Saints in the game. I still think you can make the argument.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
It's one game. For where he was drafted he has sucked balls. Lets see him keep it up come playoff time.

He's been really solid for three straight games. Christ, he didnt ask to be drafted there. Why does everyone have to throw that stupid caveat everytime he plays well

maven
12-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Maybe not easy... but he lost a fumble in that game that briefly kept the Saints in the game. I still think you can make the argument.

Good point! And yes heck of a game for Moreno today.

razorwire77
Really don't know how anyone can **** on KM's performance tonight. That last drive was his best series as a Bronco. Everyone in the building knew he was running and he was still grounded Oakland up. He's going to be the featured back the rest of the season. Hope his body holds up.

Requiem
He's been really solid for three straight games. Christ, he didnt ask to be drafted there. Why does everyone have to throw that stupid caveat everytime he plays well

Because they are stupid.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
This thread appreciates your detailed synopsis, Captain Obvious.

3.7 yards a carry. I didnt think that was too hard to understand. Against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Not impressed at ALL. I am impressed by him not getting hurt or losing his shoe though!

lolcopter
Easy? No

How many fumbles

maven

Solid first two games, finally had a breakout game today. Now, the effer needs to keep it up the next 4 games and get into the playoffs.

Only McDumbass would draft this guy #12 overall. A player with no ELITE skills.

Agamemnon
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
A lot of people in this thread don't seem to have any ability to assess running back play. They just want to look at his YPC and say "meh". The truth is that the guy produced a lot of yards after contact tonight. That is the true sign of quality running back play. Anyone can get yards when no one is hitting them.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
3.7 yards a carry. I didnt think that was too hard to understand. Against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Not impressed at ALL. I am impressed by him not getting hurt or losing his shoe though!

If Willis did this you'd be licking his nuts and talking about what a tough guy he is, getting all the tough yards. Why cant you just give the guy credit, he did a nice job tonight (and had 44 receiving yards as well). No one is calling him Marcus Allen, but it was a good game

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 08:58 PM

It was a solid game but the Raiders have the worst run defense in the NFL.

Requiem
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Tigers, Thunder and Flyers fan? Lol, GTFO.

SonOfLe-loLang
Solid first two games, finally had a breakout game today. Now, the effer needs to keep it up the next 4 games and get into the playoffs.

It wasnt like he was going to drop to the 6th round. Everyone had him as a first round back. Hardly the first, 1st round pick not to be a superstar. But at least he's still relevant to the Broncos

swaiy
If Willis did this you'd be licking his nuts and talking about what a tough guy he is, getting all the tough yards. Why cant you just give the guy credit, he did a nice job tonight (and had 44 receiving yards as well). No one is calling him Marcus Allen, but it was a good game

Lol I was just about to type something eerily similar to this. You just saved me the trouble.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 09:00 PM

I think he played a good game tonight. But I dont think "whoever" needs to eat crow as described by OP. This was one of his best games, but I believe, on 32 carries vs the Raiders with our line he should have done MUCH better.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Tigers, Thunder and Flyers fan? Lol, GTFO.

choke on a penis. Is there a problem with the teams I follow? Ive followed those teams for 16 years, including when OKC was Super Sonics.

SonOfLe-loLang
Here's the point:

People on this board have constantly questioned his toughness, drive, all that. And today he played TOUGH. Can the Moreno haters at LEAST give him today and not move the goal posts for once?

maven
It wasnt like he was going to drop to the 6th round. Everyone had him as a first round back. Hardly the first, 1st round pick not to be a superstar. But at least he's still relevant to the Broncos

I just want an ELITE back damnit!

Al Wilson
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Most of his runs were obvious running plays. He was at his best in the 4th on obvious running downs when the defense had atleast 8+ in the box. Add to the fact that our offensive line is not a good run blocking line. Alot of times they get blown off at the snap.

Requiem
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM
choke on a penis. Is there a problem with the teams I follow? Ive followed those teams for 16 years, including when OKC was Super Sonics.

They all suck.

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Here's the point:

People on this board have constantly questioned his toughness, drive, all that. And today he played TOUGH. Can the Moreno haters at LEAST give him today and not move the goal posts for once?

He did show some toughness and didn't dance or get injured. Props to him for a solid workman type effort.

Al Wilson
12-06-2012, 09:04 PM
He showed good vision, and made the right cuts. Anyone that watched him closely running the football would realize this.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Here's the point:

I dont hate Moreno at all, dont hate him for anything. Just dont think he is a starting running back in the NFL. He had a good game.

colorado jones
12-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Knowshon moved the chains this eve.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
They all suck.

Cool. Sorry I dont jump on bandwagons like yourself, I stick with the same teams through thick and thin.

swaiy
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
He showed good vision, and made the right cuts. Anyone that watched him closely running the football would realize this.

The only thing they watch is the NFL website, waiting for them to calculate the YPC so they can say, "See! He sucks!"

USMCBladerunner
12-06-2012, 09:07 PM
This was a good effort by Moreno. No turnovers, some good hard running. Many of the stuffs were on the line rather than on the RB. He did miss one blitz, but overall, he played pretty dang well. Good catches, some strong runs especially late in the game. He can't help that the Raiders are last against the run, he did his job today. That's all you can ask.

Vine
A lot of people in this thread don't seem to have any ability to assess running back play. They just want to look at his YPC and say "meh". The truth is that the guy produced a lot of yards after contact tonight. That is the true sign of quality running back play. Anyone can get yards when no one is hitting them.

I agree, he had a lot of yards after contact on many of his touches. He did have a nice game. Seriously, he is overdue for an injury. Has he ever gone 3 straight games with 20+ carries without getting dinged up? That is my biggest issue with him. Durability. Sometimes he lacks aggressiveness in hitting small holes, but his dancing does tend to make first defender miss. It is good he has played as well as he's had, because, Denver is really thin at rb right now.

Aftermath
The only thing they watch is the NFL website, waiting for them to calculate the YPC so they can say, "See! He sucks!"

You might be the biggest homer Ive seen post here. NO ONE can say a bad word about ANY OF MY BRONCOS!!!

Action
People talking about "average" game really either don't know **** about football or they're just completely biased against Moreno.

Since when does an RB get 167 offensive yards have an average game? Where in the NFL do you get 167 offensive yards and get graded an average game? Since when does a running back who has 4 plays in a game of 15 yards + get tagged with an average game?

Yeah, there are definitely a bunch of morons on this forum.

Requiem
12-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Cool. Sorry I dont jump on bandwagons like yourself, I stick with the same teams through thick and thin.

The sports posters and football themed bed sheets are living proof of that, aren't they boy?

baja
12-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Lots of guys in this thread do not understand what they are watching.

Moreno had a very good game in spite of;

Trying to run on a shiity field

Having defenders meet him in the back field due to poor line play.

Playing on the scout team and not having the advantage of practicing in this evolving offense. new stuff every week.

Getting tough yards and first downs when everyone in the stadium knew he was going to get the ball.

Unlike McGahee secured the ball all game long.

Km had a wonderful game too bad some here are unable to understand & appreciate it.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I like him in the passing game. I hope he continues to have games like this. I would love for him to turn his career around.

Archer81
12-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Moreno provided the balance you need in a road game. He did his job. He did not fumble. He got tough yards when they were needed. I dont see the point of a 3 year old argument.

So as I said before. Good job on a short week, Knowshon. Rest up. Ravens game is going to be tough.

razorwire77
12-06-2012, 09:12 PM

He broke 100 yards despite the run blocking on the right side of the line sucking penis all night.

Hamrob
12-06-2012, 09:12 PM
He played very well....especially on that last drive. However a "great" run for Nowshon is 10yds. That's the downside!

But, is he as good as Joseph Adai or Donald Brown....heck yeah!

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 09:13 PM
People talking about "average" game really either don't know **** about football or they're just completely biased against Moreno.

Since when does an RB get 167 offensive yards have an average game? Where in the NFL do you get 167 offensive yards and get graded an average game? Since when does a running back who has 4 plays in a game of 15 yards + get tagged with an average game?

Yeah, there are definitely a bunch of morons on this forum.

3.8 yards per carry is below average.

errand
Bust. He was drafted by mcd. Therefore my vagina says bust.

You're a vagina......

swaiy
You might be the biggest homer Ive seen post here. NO ONE can say a bad word about ANY OF MY BRONCOS!!!

You should work on your reading comprehension. By me calling you Captain Obvious, I was actually agreeing with your detailed analysis of Moreno being average. You can say what you want about the players. Just dont be surprised when someone calls you out.

Jetmeck
12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
It was a solid game but the Raiders have the worst run defense in the NFL.

If thats your answer our whole team sucked it then because we should have buried this sad Raider team.

errand
12-06-2012, 09:16 PM

Divisional road game....doesn't matter what the records are or the what the stats say....those games are always tough to win, period.

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 09:16 PM
If thats your answer our whole team sucked it then because we should have buried this sad Raider team.

I am not saying Moreno had a poor game. It was very workman like. Nothing special but he helped the team win. Moreno did kinda play like the whole team tonight. Very workman like, nothing special but got a nice victory.

swaiy
12-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I didnt want to make a new thread so I will just leave this here.

Manny Ramirez is terrible.

Aftermath
OH NOZ, I got neg-repped by the rep wh0re Requiem. Seriously, what kind of loser does that sh!t. I gots to keep my interwebz rep up!

Action

You are a damn idiot.

Our offensive line/play calling still has WAY too many running plays where the blocking breaks down.

Anytime a player gets negative or no gain you can usually pin that on the offensive line.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
You are a damn idiot.

Our offensive line/play calling still has WAY too many running plays where the blocking breaks down.

Anytime a player gets negative or no gain you can usually pin that on the offensive line.

Cool man!

errand
12-06-2012, 09:20 PM

How is it his fault that McD spent the 12th overall pick on him?

While he might not be deserving of where he was drafted, he's a decent RB who can help us win.....

Agamemnon
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
He broke 100 yards despite the run blocking on the right side of the line sucking penis all night.

You're wasting your time. People hating on Moreno after tonight are brainless dip****s who have zero understanding of how crappy our run blocking is much of the time.

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
:kiss:You are a damn idiot.

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
You're a vagina......

Best comeback. Nevah.

errand
12-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Why the name calling? Can't we just disagree? I have known you on this board for some time, always respected your views, even agreed with a lot of things you say. I have come to expect insults from certain others in this forum, but coming from you, is quite surprising.

Well that should tell you something then, huh?

swaiy
12-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Okay, the Big Bang Theory gif was well placed. Hilarious!

Action
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
3.8 yards per carry is below average.

Doesn't matter --- you don't gain 168 all purpose yards and get pegged an average game... you've got to be a damn idiot to do that.

Let's also be clear... anytime a running play generates negative or 0 yards it's generally on the offensive line. Our run blocking is not where it needs to be.

Kuper was also out.

So let's recalculate his yards taking out the negative yardage and no gainers:

-4 yards
-3 yards
-1 yard
3 carries for 0 yards

Readjust his stats and you have:

127 yards on 26 carries which would leave you 4.9 YPC.

That's a more realistic idea of what Moreno did when there wasn't a tacker coming at him behind the LOS.

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
You mean to tell me it's not normal for defenders to be wrapped around your RB while he receives the handoff? I'm a retard, and therefore I assumed it was knowshons fault. A guy picked 12th should be able to spin move, then hurdle, then fly over those linemen. Bust.

Action
12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Doesn't matter where he's picked at this point... you just have to look at what you have.

Some guys are expecting nothing short of Adrian Peterson until they say he's even had a good game.

errand
12-06-2012, 09:28 PM

Because it justifies their hatred for him....

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Doesn't matter --- you don't gain 168 all purpose yards and get pegged an average game... you've got to be a damn idiot to do that.

Let's also be clear... anytime a running play generates negative or 0 yards it's generally on the offensive line. Our run blocking is not where it needs to be.

Kuper was also out.

So let's recalculate his yards taking out the negative yardage and no gainers:

-4 yards
-3 yards
-1 yard
3 carries for 0 yards

Readjust his stats and you have:

127 yards on 26 carries which would leave you 4.9 YPC.

That's a more realistic idea of what Moreno did when there wasn't a tacker coming at him behind the LOS.

Ok you convinced me he had a great game. Go Broncos!

errand
12-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I think he played a good game tonight. But I dont think "whoever" needs to eat crow as described by OP. This was one of his best games, but I believe, on 32 carries vs the Raiders with our line he should have done MUCH better.

I remember many on here claiming Moreno could never be a 20+ carry RB...and yet since he's taken over, he's not had less than 20 per game.

Add in that he's averaging 120 total yards per start this season (91 ypg rushing and 29 receiving)

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I remember many on here claiming Moreno could never be a 20+ carry RB...and yet since he's taken over, he's not had less than 20 per game.

and if McGahee was healthy Moreno would be back working on the Scout Team.

Agamemnon
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM

Excellent point. ::)

errand
12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I just want an ELITE back damnit!

Yeah,well, you can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.

McDman
12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Has ran well in every game since his deactivation.

One thing that bothers me is there are at least two plays a game where he just falls down in the backfield without being touched. I know tonight had a bad surfacee but it is EVERY game.

It's crazy.

Cito Pelon
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM

Bobby Turner absolutely loved Moreno, said "he's the kind of back we look for, he has all the skills."

Nwp-Apap

With our line allowing him to be tackled for losses of at least 2 on over 5 plays tonight? The OL was actually a detriment to him tonight, as they have been the last three games.

Bacchus
Excellent point. ::)

It'll be great to have a healthy, rested McGahee when Denver plays in the AFC Championship game!!

errand
12-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Has he ever gone 3 straight games with 20+ carries without getting dinged up?

Yep...he just did. He's carried the ball 20, 20, and 32 times...averaging 91 rushing yards per start this season...

ScottXray
12-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah,well, you can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.

Good Stones reference!

pricejj
12-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Mothergrabbing Knowshon Moreno :strong: Big up

Strongest I ever remember seeing him run, stepping it up in a big way, at just the right time.

1. The dude's legs are back. His vision is there. Determination is sick.
2. Nearly flawless execution out of a single back set.
3. 26-yard gain on dump pass on 3rd and 10? Unreal.
4. Knowshon dragging defenders late in the game past the 1st down marker. Come get some!
5. The patented Knowshon hurdle-move? Yes, he hurdles players.

Even during OL breakdowns, he still gets yards. I'm so proud of #27. Glad you are a Denver Bronco homeboy. Great attitude...and plenty of skill.

This might be the Broncos best chance. Plenty of teams are going to be salivating for JDR.

Go get 'em Knowshon! Bronco salute :sunshine:

errand
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
He played very well....especially on that last drive. However a "great" run for Nowshon is 10yds. That's the downside!

But, is he as good as Joseph Adai or Donald Brown....heck yeah!

He had an 18 yard run today....

Cito Pelon
12-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Jebus. Really?

Nwp-Apap
12-06-2012, 09:52 PM
You are a damn idiot.

^this man speaks the truth.

You should make one of those analytical posts on Moreno's game to show he actually, in fact, played better than his stats show.

The OL was very poor tonight, in both pass protection and run blocking.

Nwp-Apap
12-06-2012, 09:54 PM

So are we lucky McGahee got hurt? You know, since Moreno is averaging more rush yards, reception yards, and much less fumbles.

I think we are better off with Moreno, so far. He is carrying the load better than McGahee had, and fumbling much less, while producing more..hmm

Heyneck
12-06-2012, 09:55 PM

struggled a lot tonight. Just look how many times KM was blown in the backfield.

errand
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Had McGahee not gotten injured....I agree Moreno probably never sees the field this year. But now that McGahee is injured, and basically showing he can be a workhorse 20+ carry RB...I don't think Moreno relinquishes the starting RB gig if/when McGahee returns.

Agamemnon
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
So are we lucky McGahee got hurt? You know, since Moreno is averaging more rush yards, reception yards, and much less fumbles.

I think we are better off with Moreno, so far. He is carrying the load better than McGahee had, and fumbling much less, while producing more..hmm

I'd say it's a lateral move except for the lack of fumbles. Moreno's ball security has been great, and that might be the thing we need most from our run game.

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM

Really, McGahee has twice as many carries as moreno and his average is 4.4 compared to Moreno's 3.6.

Compare that on a 300 carry season McGahee would get 1,320 yards while Moreno would pull in only 1,080. But go ahead and make up whatever story you want it is your post.

baja
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
This is a great thread to see who knows football and who doesn't yet.

People who know what they are seeing applaud Moreno's game tonight.

Those that do not diss him.

He wasn't Barry Sanders but he was pretty damn good.

Agamemnon
12-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Really, McGahee has twice as many carries as moreno and his average is 4.4 compared to Moreno's 3.6.

Compare that on a 300 carry season McGahee would get 1,320 yards while Moreno would pull in only 1,080. But go ahead and make up whatever story you want it is your post.

Stop ****ing obsessing over YPC. It's making you look stupid.

Kaylore
12-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I was amazed his shoe didn't come off. It's the first game ever.

Nwp-Apap
12-06-2012, 10:11 PM

Moreno's is 3.8 in his starts. McGahee also averages a fumble every 33 carries, compared to Moreno's fumble every 80 carries.

Compare that on a 300 carry season McGahee would fumble 9 times while Moreno would cough it up only 3 times. But go ahead and discount the importance of a RB with good ball security.

sinuous sausage
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM

You gotta be well taped-up around Raider pukes

Jekyll15Hyde
12-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I predicted that we would be singing his praises about now and while he wasnt an allstar tonight, he had a very good game. AND HE DIDNT LOSE A SHOE! holy ****.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Stop ****ing obsessing over YPC. It's making you look stupid.

I agree. There were still a few plays tonight where the play was getting blown up in the backfield (mostly ManRam and a few Koppen). You cant expect him to get out out those.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 10:29 PM
This is a great thread to see who knows football and who doesn't yet.

People who know what they are seeing applaud Moreno's game tonight.

Those that do not diss him.

He wasn't Barry Sanders but he was pretty damn good.

Yeah. Thats it. Or, Moreno didnt look much better than a average running
back tonight. I think you guys are just impressed because this was one of his best games running, but thats not saying much. The Raiders run defense is awful.

yerner
12-06-2012, 10:29 PM
it was a great effort. i think the dude gained alot of respect back in the locker room he may have lost after his early season struggles.

i really wish they had a guy that could come in and pound the rock, run heavy legged, for a few carries a game. short yardage and goal line is still concerning.

baja
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM
it was a great effort. i think the dude gained alot of respect back in the locker room he may have lost after his early season struggles.

i really wish they had a guy that could come in and pound the rock, run heavy legged, for a few carries a game. short yardage and goal line is still concerning.

I think that is why they picked up Jacob Hester

Action
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah. Thats it. Or, Moreno didnt look much better than a average running
back tonight. I think you guys are just impressed because this was one of his best games running, but thats not saying much. The Raiders run defense is awful.

No, that's it.

You sound like one of those people who think the only thing a running play involves is a running back.

I know you just had to read that sentence twice because you thought it was true.

Only team fans would say a player played average after gaining 168 offensive of yards.

Action
12-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Those who keep obsessing over 3.7 ypc and taking it at face value... do you really think he would have gotten 32 carries if he was literally getting 3.7 yards per carry?

Action
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
^this man speaks the truth.

You should make one of those analytical posts on Moreno's game to show he actually, in fact, played better than his stats show.

The OL was very poor tonight, in both pass protection and run blocking.

Good idea, I would have to make a thread that showed the break down of all his runs under like 2 yards.

Action
12-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah, and those people who are obsessing over the fact that Raiders run defense is so horrible he should have gotten way more... let's see if there are any running backs or teams that have performed worse than Moreno in terms of YPC against the Raiders

Ray Rice 13 carries 2.7 YPC
Trent Richardson 20 carries 3.6 YPC
Jamaal Charles 5 carries 0.8 YPC
San Diego as a team 20 carries for 1.6 YPC
Rashad Jennings 21 carries for 2.1 YPC
Michael Turner 11 carres for 3.0 YPC
Steelers as a team 20 carries for 2.7 YPC

YPC! The tell all stat!

sinuous sausage
12-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I was gonna say, do people actually know the Raiders run D is abysmal or do they just assume it? A fair assumption, to be sure, but maybe check it out before bagging on Knowshon's 170 yards

ZONA
12-06-2012, 11:44 PM

Yeah, I was shocked also.

Let me say to those who are trying to say Moreno's game tonight was nothing great. That on 32 carries he should have had more, or that his YPC is not high enough. Do you people actually watch the games. On almost every carry that he did not gain good yards, there was either a break down on OL assignment or an OLmen got flat out beat, like Manram did when he came off the line slightly to the right and the defender crossfaced him and went straight inside and nailed Moreno for a loss. You can't just look at stats people. You have to watch the game and break it down.

What I saw from Moreno tonight was this:

* I saw a conscious effort to get the 1st down when he saw he was close, rather then try to bounce outside for hopes of a big gain. He kept the chains moving.

* Protected the ball well

* Ran with pretty good vision and feel tonight

* Ran physical, not trying to avoid or juke too much, got the tough yards.

* Blocked pretty well and caught the ball well too

Nobody is trying to say Moreno is any kind of long term answer or anything like that. We're just trying to state the case, the dude had a damn good game.

Jetmeck
12-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah, and those people who are obsessing over the fact that Raiders run defense is so horrible he should have gotten way more... let's see if there are any running backs or teams that have performed worse than Moreno in terms of YPC against the Raiders

Ray Rice 13 carries 2.7 YPC
Trent Richardson 20 carries 3.6 YPC
Jamaal Charles 5 carries 0.8 YPC
San Diego as a team 20 carries for 1.6 YPC
Rashad Jennings 21 carries for 2.1 YPC
Michael Turner 11 carres for 3.0 YPC
Steelers as a team 20 carries for 2.7 YPC

YPC! The tell all stat!

That should shut the fools up, great post.

Listen up clowns KM is balling, giving this team his all.

Picking up blitzes, tough running and good for 20-30 yards a game

in passing.

O-line sucks lately, lets see how you do with no holes rarely and

sometimes a jail break in the backfield.

**** off....................

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 12:40 AM
That should shut the fools up, great post.

Listen up clowns KM is balling, giving this team his all.

Picking up blitzes, tough running and good for 20-30 yards a game

in passing.

O-line sucks lately, lets see how you do with no holes rarely and

sometimes a jail break in the backfield.

**** off....................

lol.. you are so angry. :giggle:

Action
12-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah, let me also add that the 167 Yards Moreno had were the most yards from scrimmage anyone from the Broncos backfield this year.

Yeah, that means McGahee hasn't gotten this many yards in a game this year.

Drek
12-07-2012, 02:40 AM
On both Morenos TD run and the one first down Clark pushed him to the promised land, like get upfield knowshon oh **** it i'll do it for you

Good stuff
<!-- / message -->

1. Its nice that Clark eventually did show up on that TD run because it was his damn fault that Moreno got wrapped up at the LOS when Clark failed to move his man out. He ended up pushing his defender who had Moreno wrapped while Moreno kept trudging forward.

2. On the first down reception Clark ran Moreno over when it looked like Moreno might have had the ability to break it back to the middle of the field and pick up more yardage.

Our line's run blocking was ****ing putrid last night. Moreno doing what he did was even more impressive thanks to their complete inability to open any real holes for Moreno. I can't recall a single running play where we had a blocker at the second level, but I can recall plenty where Moreno faced his first unblocked defender in the backfield.

Old Dude
12-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Never dreamed I'd see Moreno with 32 carries in a game. Didn't throw a shoe. Didn't fumble. Didn't get gassed or gimped. Actually finished strong.

And this transformation happened while he was supposedly on the practice squad?

More likely:

http://www.missionmission.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers.jpg

Punisher
12-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Plus 48 yards receiving.

He seems to be running angry every carry. Even through the last few years he'd give you a highlight run ever so often, he never had the consistency he's playing with now. Don't want to overreact too much but right now he reminds me of the guy who played at Georgia that was a consensus first rounder.

Yea time to go to CVS and buy some chill pills, KM is doing a good job so far so good.

ozomulsion
12-07-2012, 04:33 AM
69 yards after contact. Good for 2nd most of any Bronco RB over the last 4 years.

fwf
12-07-2012, 05:01 AM
He was awesome accept for a few blow assignments and being out of place a few time. I'm not ready to sign him to a long term contract tho. I want to see it play out before I make judgement.
Hopefully we can get a lead in these last few games so were able to spell him and keep him fresh for the playoffs.
Props again to the coaches. They kept this kid around and the benching seem to lite a fire , one and two kept him fresh. He's running as hard as an undrafted rookie at his first practice.

baja
12-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Moreno finally has got his head into the game. Gone is the showboating & pulling himself out every other play. Yes the light has finally gone on for Knowshon Moreno and he will get better by the week, oh he will have the odd bad play and maybe even a bad game but he is on his way to being a go to back.

2KBack
12-07-2012, 05:15 AM
I love how people love to use the overall team statistics of the opponent with zero context for their argument. Oakland has a terribly ranked run defense for the season...but lets look at some of the individual performances against the raiders this year...

T. Richardson: 20 carries 72 yards 3.6
R. Rice: 13 for 35 2.7
M. Turner: 11 for 33 3.3
R. Jennings/MJD: 22 for 50 2.3
Charles/Hillis: 9 for 27 3

They gave up huge busted games to Bush and Doug Martin (Martins 250 yards really skew the stats). Oakland is bad, but lets not pretend that they don't have the ability to clamp down on a runner, pro bowl runners as a matter of fact.

WolfpackGuy
12-07-2012, 05:17 AM
I have to say I'm starting to lighten up on the guy.

Great game despite Manny Ramirez getting repeatedly assraped while attempting to block air.

HorseHead
12-07-2012, 05:29 AM
I still think he's (KM) getting his legs underneath him...

I loved the screen pass for 27 yards in the 1st...

Couple of days for the guys to rest up, heal the nicks up..feels good..bring on Edgar Allan Poe's favorite team...

fwf
12-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Moreno finally has got his head into the game. Gone is the showboating & pulling himself out every other play. Yes the light has finally gone on for Knowshon Moreno and he will get better by the week, oh he will have the odd bad play and maybe even a bad game but he is on his way to being a go to back.

whats his contract situation?

socalorado
12-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Best preformance to date by Moreno. He still is beyond slow, and trips over himself, but he ran hard, didnt fumble and played the best game of his life. Good for him.
Still gonna wait on signing him to another contract though.
I am really happy he didnt showboat too. Just the stupid, wave his hand over his head thing, but thats perfectly acceptable considering.

<!-- / message -->

socalorado
12-07-2012, 06:09 AM
I have to say I'm starting to lighten up on the guy.

Great game despite Manny Ramirez getting repeatedly assraped while attempting to block air.

*Sighs*
This is why i keep preaching that DEN needs to address the O-line both in FA and in the draft.
Man, Ramirez sucks.

baja
12-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Three sacks on Manning and Richard Seymour didn't even play is not a good sign.

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2012, 06:21 AM
I hope nobody pulls a hammy jumping on the bandwagon. :)

CEH
12-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Not good enough I as told that if Denver does not average 4.0 ypc that the running game cannot win for us in the playoffs

j/k of course KM ran hard when it mattered.

This is what I've been trying to get across. Stick with the run. Up until the 4th qtr KM averaged less that 3.0 ypc but it takes a pounding on the defense especially with the hurry up and those 2 yard runs in the first turn into 6 yard runs in the 4th

This is why Willis' injury hurt the team cause he has the build and experience to pound the rock for 30 +

I hope KM can continue his success. He took quite a pounding last night with 30+ carries

Get in that tub Knowshown we need you

gyldenlove
12-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Three sacks on Manning and Richard Seymour didn't even play is not a good sign.

Not too bad, one was a clear blown blocking assignment by Ramirez, that happens with a backup lineman. One was Willis not adjusting his route to account for the all-out blitz, that happens with backup receivers and underscores just how important it is to have Thomas healthy. The last one was Manning slipping on the turf when he went to throw.

Clady did okay, Franklin had a few struggles when he was rushed wide, but seemed to adjust to it.

baja
12-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Not too bad, one was a clear blown blocking assignment by Ramirez, that happens with a backup lineman. One was Willis not adjusting his route to account for the all-out blitz, that happens with backup receivers and underscores just how important it is to have Thomas healthy. The last one was Manning slipping on the turf when he went to throw.

Clady did okay, Franklin had a few struggles when he was rushed wide, but seemed to adjust to it.

This is the time of year when you need your back ups to not miss assignments because they are gonna play with starters dinged up. They are not going to be all world but they need to know their assignments.

Requiem
12-07-2012, 07:07 AM
This is the time of year when you need your back ups to not miss assignments because they are gonna play with starters dinged up. They are not going to be all world but they need to know their assignments.

Hey, lets talk about 12-12-12 through 12-21-12.

Smiling Assassin27
12-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Moreno is averaging 24 carries, 91 rushing yards, and 29.3 receiving yards in three starts after Willis McGahee's season-ending injury.

You just can't argue with that. That's not spectacular but he's doing what the run game, absent an elite back in denver, has to do--create enough doubt in the defense that the play action is believable and effective. Overall, a good game by KM but the thing that still bothers me is that he's a liability in short yardage run plays. Defenses can cheat to pass defense because KM isn't enough of a threat to commit everyone up.

He ain't ever gonna be considered a guy who can break a long one but he's the best we've got and, assuming he stays healthy, can contribute.

Br0nc0Buster
12-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Maybe he will stick around next year afterall

Thing I like the most is he isnt fumbling like Willis was

Pretty good game
Stepping up when called on
Not sure why he hasnt played before Willis got hurt though
Kind of wierd to just all of a sudden have him go from 4th string to bell cow

Gutless Drunk
12-07-2012, 07:21 AM

Rock Chalk
12-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Moreno's performance was well, average.

32 carries for 119 yards is 3.7 ypc. That's very average.

BUT

On the last drive, Moreno was called upon to get first downs and keep the ball out of the raiders hands to kill the clock. And he came through.

2nd and 20? Draw play for 16 yards.

3rd and 1, first down for 2 yards.

This is also at the point in the game when the Raiders KNEW we were going to run. KNEW it and Moreno stepped up and got us enough yards to keep moving the chains.

Blocking up front was very sporadic throughout the game as well. On at least 4 of his 32 carries, the line had gotten blown up before he ever had a chance.

He still missed some holes, but he is running strong and in the clutch, when we needed him to move the chains, he did so.

Anyone bagging on that can eat a bag of dicks.

lolcopter
12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
lol that's not average, that's a very solid day. The last two weeks average maybe, but last night would have been a great night even without the TD

And NO TURNOVERS

Inkana7
12-07-2012, 08:41 AM
You just can't argue with that. That's not spectacular but he's doing what the run game, absent an elite back in denver, has to do--create enough doubt in the defense that the play action is believable and effective. Overall, a good game by KM but the thing that still bothers me is that he's a liability in short yardage run plays. Defenses can cheat to pass defense because KM isn't enough of a threat to commit everyone up.

He ain't ever gonna be considered a guy who can break a long one but he's the best we've got and, assuming he stays healthy, can contribute.

Not spectacular? That averages over 16 games to a 1400 yard rushing season.

Smiling Assassin27
12-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Not spectacular? That averages over 16 games to a 1400 yard rushing season.

Wow. It also averages out to 16,800 yards over 10 seasons--we have the NFL's 2nd leading all time rusher on board! Raise your standards. When has KM ever played 16 games, let alone run for 91 per game in them?

Dude is serviceable, we've agreed on that. But let's not turn him into a 1400 yard back, that's crazy talk.

razorwire77
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Wow. It also averages out to 16,800 yards over 10 seasons--we have the NFL's 2nd leading all time rusher on board! Raise your standards. When has KM ever played 16 games, let alone run for 91 per game in them?

Dude is serviceable, we've agreed on that. But let's not turn him into a 1400 yard back, that's crazy talk.

This. Why does it have to be a 180. At first 85 percent of the board referred to him as Slowshon or Noreno or a similar negative description. Everybody but Beantown Bronco and Drek wrote him off. Now a bunch of people are talking about him like he's going to be an important part of the Bronco franchise moving forward. He's serviceable. He's a less explosive Reuben Droughns. He is our best bet moving forward this season. Why can't there be a middle ground? With Moreno, I think it's a live in the moment type thing. He's strung together 3 decent games. He's held onto the ball, he shown us that he can grind out some tough yards between the tackles against bad teams. He's blocking and pass receiving have been stellar. The last offensive series last night was probably his most impressive series as a Bronco. I think the stretch where he was deactivated helped him get fully healthy.

That being said, we're not going to be able to pound Moreno for 20-25 carries against good defensive teams and I have serious doubts that he'll be able to hold up physically.

swaiy
12-07-2012, 09:02 AM
69 yards after contact against the Raiders. Not bad at all.

Dedhed
12-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Yeah, Ramirez was awesome tonight. Opening huge holes every play!

Holes into the backfield that is.

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Holes into the backfield

Isn't that the title of Bob's favorite movie?

lolcopter
12-07-2012, 09:14 AM

That being said, we're not going to be able to pound Moreno for 20-25 carries against good defensive teams and I have serious doubts that he'll be able to hold up physically.

He had 20 carries and 4 receptions against Tampa's #1 ranked run defense

Odds are he will get 20+ touches against the ravens next week

But for the sake of your argument those probably aren't "good teams" amirite?

Smiling Assassin27
12-07-2012, 09:14 AM
He's held onto the ball

This is the single most important thing.

2KBack
12-07-2012, 09:27 AM
This. Why does it have to be a 180. At first 85 percent of the board referred to him as Slowshon or Noreno or a similar negative description. Everybody but Beantown Bronco and Drek wrote him off. Now a bunch of people are talking about him like he's going to be an important part of the Bronco franchise moving forward. He's serviceable. He's a less explosive Reuben Droughns. He is our best bet moving forward this season. Why can't there be a middle ground? With Moreno, I think it's a live in the moment type thing. He's strung together 3 decent games. He's held onto the ball, he shown us that he can grind out some tough yards between the tackles against bad teams. He's blocking and pass receiving have been stellar. The last offensive series last night was probably his most impressive series as a Bronco. I think the stretch where he was deactivated helped him get fully healthy.

Moreno has touched the ball 24- 36 times over the last 3 weeks (4 days ago against the #1 Run defense in the league), for a total of 84 touches. He is finally getting the workload I've been hoping he would get. Those of us that have hoped he would get more opportunities have every right to be excited about the prospect.

Expect to continue to hear about it as long as people still react to every good game with statements like. "Well he's still slow," or "lets see him do it again."

We've had someone state that he needs to do it against someone other than KC....So he runs tough against the number 1 rush defense, so they change it to, lets see if he can do it again....so he does against a defense that is better against the run than the stats show...and this time we hear how he won't be able to keep it up. 3 straight weeks of starting, three strong contributions...3 Mondays of pushing those goalposts back.

razorwire77
12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
He had 20 carries and 4 receptions against Tampa's #1 ranked run defense

Odds are he will get 20+ touches against the ravens next week

But for the sake of your argument those probably aren't "good teams" amirite?

one decent team and the two worst teams in the league. I'm not really getting where you're going with this. So you're saying that feeding Knowshon Moreno the ball 20 or 25 times is a recipe for success against teams like the Ravens? Again, I'm not disputing that he's playing hard and playing well. I'm just disputing the idea that we're going to be able to continue to give him 20-25 carries a game. If anything, it means that Hillman has to be able to step up as the change of pace back.

lolcopter
12-07-2012, 09:37 AM
one decent team and the two worst teams in the league. I'm not really getting where you're going with this. So you're saying that feeding Knowshon Moreno the ball 20 or 25 times is a recipe for success against teams like the Ravens? Again, I'm not disputing that he's playing hard and playing well. I'm just disputing the idea that we're going to be able to continue to give him 20-25 carries a game. If anything, it means that Hillman has to be able to step up as the change of pace back.

You're wrong. Period. Moreno will continue to see 20 touch games throughout the duration of the season into the playoffs. Hillman definitely needs to step up and contribute, but Moreno has been this team's work horse back before, and he is currently it again right now. He's running with more decisiveness and burst than he's shown at any point prior in his career, so let's lay off the haterade and enjoy the quality football we have the privilege of watching right now.

2KBack
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM

Well the Ravens have given up a whole 50 fewer rush yards than KC this season, so lets just see where their rush D ranking as are after they Play the Redskins and their 200 yards a game. That way you can use the Ravens not being as good as we thought as your excuse for not giving Moreno credit. Since the single best Rush defense in the league only registers as "decent" for you.

razorwire77
12-07-2012, 09:48 AM
You're wrong. Period. Moreno will continue to see 20 touch games throughout the duration of the season into the playoffs. Hillman definitely needs to step up and contribute, but Moreno has been this team's work horse back before, and he is currently it again right now. He's running with more decisiveness and burst than he's shown at any point prior in his career, so let's lay off the haterade and enjoy the quality football we have the privilege of watching right now.

You do realize there is a difference between 20 touches a game (4-5 screen passes/safety valve passes, and 15-17 carries per game) and grinding a guy off tackle into the heart of a defense for 25-30 carries (like they did last night.) I'm not hating on the kid. Again, if you looked at my posts I think he's played as well as he has for his entire career. He's going to be the featured back for the rest of the season. I have my doubts that he can be a workhorse back at the pace they have used him the past couple of weeks.

lolcopter
12-07-2012, 09:51 AM
You do realize there is a difference between 20 touches a game (4-5 screen passes/safety valve passes, and 15-17 carries per game) and grinding a guy off tackle into the heart of a defense for 25-30 carries (like they did last night.) I'm not hating on the kid. Again, if you looked at my posts I think he's played as well as he has for his entire career. He's going to be the featured back for the rest of the season. I have my doubts that he can be a workhorse back at the pace they have used him the past couple of weeks.

You do realize he has had at least 20 CARRIES the past three weeks, right?

razorwire77
12-07-2012, 09:56 AM
You do realize he has had at least 20 CARRIES the past three weeks, right?

Ughh. Yes, that's the ENTIRE point. I question whether or not we can continue to run him at this pace without there being repercussions. I mean the kid came into his the starting role completely fresh from being deactivated, so it's been fine for a few weeks. But we've got 3 more regular season games and the playoffs to go.

baja
12-07-2012, 09:57 AM

He was in a shiity run offense (McD)

Had a serious injury that takes at least a year to recover from for most players

The light goes on at different times for different reasons

I'm expecting continued improvement from KM.

Since I hav been right about him all along you all better listen to me. ;D

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 10:01 AM

I dunno man..that's like 1500 rushing yards and 500 recieving yards if extrapolated over a season. I'd call that damn close to spectacular..

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Maybe he will stick around next year afterall

Thing I like the most is he isnt fumbling like Willis was

Pretty good game
Stepping up when called on
Not sure why he hasnt played before Willis got hurt though
Kind of wierd to just all of a sudden have him go from 4th string to bell cow

For the umpteenth time - HE WAS COMING OFF OF AN ACL suffered last December. He was wearing a KNEEBRACE in preseason for god's sake.

And it wasn't like Willis was stinking it up. Moreno wasn't ready, they didn't need him real badly, and they sure wanted to see what the guy they traded up for (Hillman) could do.

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 10:06 AM

Actually it's one amazing team, one average team, and one below average team..

Yes, feeding Moreno 20+ times a games is a recipe for success, we have never lost when he carries it more than 20 times. There is no reason he won't continue to get a lot of touches, unless we're down early and have to start throwing the ball deep while playing catch up.

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Your doubts, so far, seem to be unfounded. No signs of injury or him even being hurt.

At thus point he is proving to be a better option in this offense than McGahee. He is producing more, running the clock out better in the 4th(thus dropping his YPC unfortunately) and fumbling once every 80 carries compared to McGahee's once every 33 carries.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Actually, 20 carries, 25 touches a game is a heavy workload, so yeah.

AP has 20 carries/gm this yr
Lynch 21/gm
Gore 17/gm
Foster 24/gm (and a 3.9 YPA)
Morris 19/gm

And those are some of the top attempts guys this year.

32 carries in a game is waaaaayyy up there. That's over 500 carries in 16 games.

baja
12-07-2012, 10:45 AM
For the umpteenth time - HE WAS COMING OFF OF AN ACL suffered last December. He was wearing a KNEEBRACE in preseason for god's sake.

And it wasn't like Willis was stinking it up. Moreno wasn't ready, they didn't need him real badly, and they sure wanted to see what the guy they traded up for (Hillman) could do.

Many of us have pointed that out several times but for some reason that doesn't seem to count when it comes to Moreno. Go figure.

WolfpackGuy
12-07-2012, 10:52 AM
32 carries is nothing.

TD had 47 touches against the Bills in 1997 after barely getting out of Denver because of a snowstorm.

Moreno has put in two solid efforts in a row.

Let's hope he keeps it up.

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
32 carries is nothing.

TD had 47 touches against the Bills in 1997 after barely getting out of Denver because of a snowstorm.

TD also had a relatively short career.

oubronco
12-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Overall, a good game by KM but the thing that still bothers me is that he's a liability in short yardage run plays.

Not a problem just line Clark up behind him and he will push him to where he needs to go it worked to perfection twice last night

DENVERDUI55
12-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would added 100 more yards at least in that time frame. His lack of speed showed me last night that the toss plays teams don't have to defense against him. He had a long gain on a toss left that his lack of speed cost a big gain. Lack of speed is fine when you have power which Moreno is short on too. He is playing hard and giving the team what he has got. He has been great in passing department and only slightly above average in the run game. Better teams that Denver will face in playoffs will be able to stack the box with the nickle package. The reason for all the fg last night in my opinion is lack of power run game that includes OL along with Moreno below average short yardage ability.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
32 carries is nothing.

C'mon dude, 32 carries over 16 games is 512 carries.

TD avg'd 21.2 carries/gm over his career. The 2008 yd season he had 392 carries, which is 24.5 carries a game.

The most carries in a season I remember is Larry Johnson with about 460.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 11:26 AM

While I will not go over the top for KM, you can't forget his receiving yards too. We would all be happy if KM contributed earlier in the season with 80 total yards. He is in there because of an injury and should be a starter. He had a few breakout runs and a couple of tough yards earned when he should have been down. Negative side, missed some outside grass space or danced a little too much at times. Overall, a good game and kept the game balanced especially on our last drive. He did everything he was asked to do. I still want Willis back for the playoffs but if he can get by the Ravens, we are looking pretty nice for that better seed.

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would ......

It's killing you that he's seizing his opportunity. At least try to pretend it isn't.

Br0nc0Buster
12-07-2012, 12:49 PM
The people who hate on him have BMI's in the 30s, listen to Brad Paisley and wear the same flanel shirts every day of the week. They are what we call ****ing losers.

lol

the more you dislike knowshon = the fatter you are

baja
12-07-2012, 01:01 PM
While I will not go over the top for KM, you can't forget his receiving yards too. We would all be happy if KM contributed earlier in the season with 80 total yards. He is in there because of an injury and should be a starter. He had a few breakout runs and a couple of tough yards earned when he should have been down. Negative side, missed some outside grass space or danced a little too much at times. Overall, a good game and kept the game balanced especially on our last drive. He did everything he was asked to do. I still want Willis back for the playoffs but if he can get by the Ravens, we are looking pretty nice for that better seed.

I will not be surprised if Moreno continues to start even when McGahee is healthy. McGahee will be subbed in on 3 and short and to spell KM. Not because McGahee is not 100% but because by the time McGahee returns KM is playing so well.

JakeZ01
12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would added 100 more yards at least in that time frame. His lack of speed showed me last night that the toss plays teams don't have to defense against him. He had a long gain on a toss left that his lack of speed cost a big gain. Lack of speed is fine when you have power which Moreno is short on too. He is playing hardwood knows? and giving the team what he has got. He has been great in passing department and only slightly above average in the run game. Better teams that Denver will face in playoffs will be able to stack the box with the nickle package. The reason for all the fg last night in my opinion is lack of power run game that includes OL along with Moreno below average short yardage ability.

Holman has speed...how is he doing? Methinks blocks have something to do with it. But I'm not stupid, so who knows?

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 01:37 PM
I will not be surprised if Moreno continues to start even when McGahee is healthy. McGahee will be subbed in on 3 and short and to spell KM. Not because McGahee is not 100% but because by the time McGahee returns KM is playing so well.

I dont see it. While Moreno did score near the goal line, we also failed at it on the previous drive. Could it have been the Oline? Sure but I am sure the confidence of getting that tough yard is with Willis McGahee. Moreno will be activated when he comes back, that I am almost positive. Now if he gets hurt between now and then, who knows.

Br0nc0Buster
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Holman has speed...how is he doing? Methinks blocks have something to do with it. But I'm not stupid, so who knows?

Not sure who knows
We can probably rule out the people who think his name is "Holman" though

Agamemnon
12-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would added 100 more yards at least in that time frame. His lack of speed showed me last night that the toss plays teams don't have to defense against him. He had a long gain on a toss left that his lack of speed cost a big gain. Lack of speed is fine when you have power which Moreno is short on too. He is playing hard and giving the team what he has got. He has been great in passing department and only slightly above average in the run game. Better teams that Denver will face in playoffs will be able to stack the box with the nickle package. The reason for all the fg last night in my opinion is lack of power run game that includes OL along with Moreno below average short yardage ability.

The reason for all the field goals was untimely sacks and Manning not being able to find his guy on multiple passes.

CEH
12-07-2012, 02:08 PM
By Knowshown standards it was a great game
By Magahee standards it was a good game
- Tommy Nalen

Denver will be satisified with Knowshown having great Knowshon games

baja
12-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I dont see it. While Moreno did score near the goal line, we also failed at it on the previous drive. Could it have been the Oline? Sure but I am sure the confidence of getting that tough yard is with Willis McGahee. Moreno will be activated when he comes back, that I am almost positive. Now if he gets hurt between now and then, who knows.

But that is exactly what I am saying McGahee might get those goal line carries but remember he had fumble issues the two games before he got injured.

Obviously it will come down to how well Moreno is playing at that time.

As Harbaugh likes to say, "The guy with the hot hand"

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM

McGahee has 4 TD's in goal-to-go situations in 2012. One on a reception.

16 attempts, 3 TD's rushing, one fumble lost.

Moreno:

5 goal-to-go attempts, 2 TD's rushing.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 02:27 PM
By Knowshown standards it was a great game
By Magahee standards it was a good game
- Tommy Nalen

Denver will be satisified with Knowshown having great Knowshon games

I heard 168 Yscm was the best day any back on the Denver roster had this year.

underrated29
12-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Lets not forget the 69 yards after contact....Willis cant touch those numbers either.

Popps
12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm sure someone mentioned this but Franklin was on the Fan and when asked about the two backs basically said they're the same guy from a style standpoint. I'd take WM over KM right now any day... but the drop-off hasn't been marked to this point. Let's remember, WM has had his struggles in a couple games this year as well.

People just need to get over it. He was drafted where he was drafted... and drafted by who drafted him. McDaniels may have been a poor coach/GM but he left us with a few valuable contributors to this team right now, like it or not. I mean... let it go. We're in the middle of an historic season.

Personally, I think it's awesome that we're getting SOME return out of what looked like a busted pick at one point.

DENVERDUI55
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
It's killing you that he's seizing his opportunity. At least try to pretend it isn't.

I wouldn't say that. I'm starting him in all my fantasy leagues and its in the playoffs. That being said lack of legit RB scares me going into the playoffs as teams can play nickle and dime D against us and not get lit up in running game. I still don't think Moreno is Adrian Peterson or the great savior but he is all we got and I wish him the best of luck. As I said before the reason our OL is getting killed on short yardage is they don't respect Morenos outside speed or lack of it.

DENVERDUI55
12-07-2012, 03:06 PM

He does but he is mentally lost and over his head and thinks too much when he gets the ball. Hillman isn't that explosive as soon as he takes the handoff like portis was. Both our RBs are a little slow hitting holes and it makes the OL look worse than they have been. Moreno is the guy and producing good enough for now but let's wait til we face a solid D. I know RB ranked whatever but their pass D sucks so teams don't run on them. Denver won't see a good D until the playoffs.

Popps
12-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I will say this, any fan here who thinks KM isn't important to us will get a brutal wake-up call if he goes down and Ball/Hillman have to carry the load.

Say your prayers, folks.

Action
12-07-2012, 03:15 PM
As I said before the reason our OL is getting killed on short yardage is they don't respect Morenos outside speed or lack of it.
Wrong.

Action
12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't think Moreno will get 32 touches again... that's a bit high. I'm actually surprised Hillman didn't get more carries considering he was running well.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Moreno:

Moreno would have 3 TD's in 5 attempts, had Franklin not fell, leaving his man unblocked on the 2nd and goal (where we had to settle for a FG).

Unrein ran right through the hole and Knowshon was right behind him. It was sad, because Franklin normally mauls in those situations.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
He does but he is mentally lost and over his head and thinks too much when he gets the ball.

Not anymore. The last couple games, Hillman has gotten markedly better. He doesn't hesistate anymore. he turns it upfield well, and is even bending it on cutbacks now. I think he was intimidated before, but he's not now because he sees Knowshon doing it.

It's only a matter of time, with the rookie.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm sure someone mentioned this but Franklin was on the Fan and when asked about the two backs basically said they're the same guy from a style standpoint. I'd take WM over KM right now any day... but the drop-off hasn't been marked to this point. Let's remember, WM has had his struggles in a couple games this year as well.

People just need to get over it. He was drafted where he was drafted... and drafted by who drafted him. McDaniels may have been a poor coach/GM but he left us with a few valuable contributors to this team right now, like it or not. I mean... let it go. We're in the middle of an historic season.

Personally, I think it's awesome that we're getting SOME return out of what looked like a busted pick at one point.

Moreno 20 TD's and 3000 Yscm in 41 games.

McGahee 9 TD's and 2500 Yscm in 25 games.

baja
12-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Moreno would have 3 TD's in 5 attempts, had Franklin not fell, leaving his man unblocked on the 2nd and goal (where we had to settle for a FG).

Unrein ran right through the hole and Knowshon was right behind him. It was sad, because Franklin normally mauls in those situations.

That field was causing all kinds of problems.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 03:46 PM
That field was causing all kinds of problems.

Oakland is the only team in the NFL that still has a baseball field turfed over for football. O.co. As Apa asked, what is O.co?

broncocalijohn
12-07-2012, 04:07 PM
McGahee has 4 TD's in goal-to-go situations in 2012. One on a reception.

16 attempts, 3 TD's rushing, one fumble lost.

Moreno:

We know what Moreno has done near the goal line for his career. Isn't very pretty and why many just wanted Tebow to be down there his first season.

McGahee is better than Moreno. Are you going to try to argue that one?

vbplaya
12-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that him and Peyton just were having a hard time last night? He kept being out of position on the field and when Peyton would do his post drive meetings he had to repeatedly call Moreno over. You could just see the frustration on Peyton with him all night.

As for his running ... it's odd ... when he first came into the league he did a lot of shooting forward too quick and not allowing the hole to open up ... now is seems like he's on the other side of the page ... he keeps waiting too long for holes to develop and sometimes the holes close up by the time he starts moving forward. I think I'd prefer him doing the other more ... at least then he has some forward momentum when he gets hit. Too often he's not moving forward when he's hit and can't fight through the tackle.

Action
12-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that him and Peyton just were having a hard time last night? He kept being out of position on the field and when Peyton would do his post drive meetings he had to repeatedly call Moreno over. You could just see the frustration on Peyton with him all night.

As for his running ... it's odd ... when he first came into the league he did a lot of shooting forward too quick and not allowing the hole to open up ... now is seems like he's on the other side of the page ... he keeps waiting too long for holes to develop and sometimes the holes close up by the time he starts moving forward. I think I'd prefer him doing the other more ... at least then he has some forward momentum when he gets hit. Too often he's not moving forward when he's hit and can't fight through the tackle.

No, this was a bit over exaggerated.

Peyton has given Moreno mad props in his interviews for the past 3 weeks.

2KBack
12-07-2012, 04:24 PM

Didn't see that at all....one time I saw Peyton call Decker to their debriefing, but that's it.

Action
12-07-2012, 04:26 PM
It honestly seems to me that Moreno and Peyton have good chemistry. Peyton loves people who works hard that's all Moreno has done this season and he's made a point to make it a point to the reporters.

What I see during the game is Moreno and Manning always communicating with each other. I see Moreno pointing out something on defense presnap and letting Peyton know what he sees and Peyton rallies something back at him.

Commentators and reporters talking about Peyton was shoving Moreno around like he was clueless are just stupid... Peyton was changing the damn play so yeah, he was trying to let Moreno know what he was changing it too... is it really that big of a deal?

vbplaya
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
It honestly seems to me that Moreno and Peyton have good chemistry. Peyton loves people who works hard that's all Moreno has done this season and he's made a point to make it a point to the reporters.

What I see during the game is Moreno and Manning always communicating with each other. I see Moreno pointing out something on defense presnap and letting Peyton know what he sees and Peyton rallies something back at him.

Commentators and reporters talking about Peyton was shoving Moreno around like he was clueless are just stupid... Peyton was changing the damn play so yeah, he was trying to let Moreno know what he was changing it too... is it really that big of a deal?

I actually didn't hear the commentators say anything about all that. This was just what I was seeing. To me it looked like they weren't on the same page for most of the night. When Hillman was out there and Peyton changed plays Hillman jumped to the right spot or Peyton directed him but Hillman responded immediately where I saw a few times where Moreno seemed to almost argue the movement that Peyton was instructing. Although I'm willing to concede that maybe Moreno was reading the defenders and felt he was in the right position for the play and that Peyton just read it another way. Hillman may not feel strongly enough about his reads yet to argue them with Peyton.

Anyway, that was the vibe I got last night ... I may be incorrect (and I'm sure that I'll get it from everyone) but that was what I saw during the game.

Let the "you're incorrect" replies commence. :rofl:

swaiy
12-07-2012, 04:45 PM

69 yards after contact. If he isnt fighting through tackles, I dont know how he is getting those yards.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 05:04 PM
We know what Moreno has done near the goal line for his career. Isn't very pretty and why many just wanted Tebow to be down there his first season.

McGahee is better than Moreno. Are you going to try to argue that one?

Moreno goal-to-go 2010 - 16 attempts, 5 TD's rushing, 1 TD passing, 0 fumbles
Moreno goal-to-go 2009 - 26 attempts, 6 TD's rushing, 2 TD's passing, 0 fumbles

I detailed McGahee's goal-to-go stats above. Moreno is clearly better in goal-to-go situations.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I guess those are "fake stats", like somebody said one time.

errand
12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
This is why Willis' injury hurt the team cause he has the build and experience to pound the rock for 30 +

Funny that you say this when McGahee hasn't carried the ball 30 times or more since Dec. 3, 2007

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I guess those are "fake stats", like somebody said one time.

It's ridiculous really, some people refuse to see what's in front of their own eyes.

Just because he's Knowshon Moreno they discount anything positive he does, and exaggerate anything poor or even average he does.

Honestly, I'm more comfortable with him starting than I am with McGahee in this offense. If this is the RB corps we go into next year with, Knowshon should, and most likely will, be the starter.

I expect him to continue to improve, he is still very young, and may yet prove worthy of that 1st round grade.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Funny that you say this when McGahee hasn't carried the ball 30 times or more since Dec. 3, 2007

ROFL!

McGahee takes himself out of offensive drives. You don't get 30+ carries doing that.

CEH
12-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Oop you're right and Adrian Peterson hasn't carried 30 times since 2008 so I guess you wouldn't want him to carry the ball either

Didn't say these RBs did carry said they had the build and expierence to carry 30 times. Many times Willis hit 28 times same as AD

I hope KM can keep it up we shall see

errand
12-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Oop you're right and Adrian Peterson hasn't carried 30 times since 2008 so I guess you wouldn't want him to carry the ball either

Didn't say these RBs did carry said they had the build and expierence to carry 30 times. Many times Willis hit 28 times same as AD

I never said that, but feel free to act like I did.

Just curious why, if experience and build is what warrants a RB to get 30+ carries, Moreno is the one that carried the ball 30+ for the Broncos and McGahee hasn't

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 07:03 PM

Just curious why, if experience and build is what warrants a RB to get 30+ carries, Moreno is the one that carried the ball 30+ for the Broncos and McGahee hasn't

The 25 year old Moreno must have the build amd experience! :strong:

CEH
12-07-2012, 07:10 PM

I'd say 30 lbs and the same speed and the ability to pick up the blitz without Manning having to redirect him is a good start

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Coach Fox is getting tired of the questions about Moreno. He sounds exasperated, says, "We had him stashed for just this kind of scenario, he's doing great, what more can I say? He's doing great and that's what we expected." Then somebody asks him, "But, was that what you expected?" Jebus, the media is like this board.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 07:33 PM

Adrian Peterson has averaged 19.3 carries per game for his career.

85 games, 1640 carries. Do the math.

NUB
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
3.5 YPC isn't great. It isn't even average.

The good things about Moreno right now are that A) He isn't taking himself out of games anymore, now that his draft status obviously means nothing and B) He isn't fumbling the ball. Add in some consistent ball carries -- 30+ is high for any back -- and that's good enough for the playoffs. Other than that he's playing like his usual self. I don't quite understand the theatrics of some posters here.

HAT
12-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Coach Fox is getting tired of the questions about Moreno. He sounds exasperated, says, "We had him stashed for just this kind of scenario, he's doing great, what more can I say? He's doing great and that's what we expected." Then somebody asks him, "But, was that what you expected?" Jebus, the media is like this board.

It's funny how people think KM wasn't. #2 on the depth chart all along.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 07:51 PM

The good things about Moreno right now are that A) He isn't taking himself out of games anymore, now that his draft status obviously means nothing and B) He isn't fumbling the ball. Add in some consistent ball carries -- 30+ is high for any back -- and that's good enough for the playoffs. Other than that he's playing like his usual self. I don't quite understand the theatrics of some posters here.

Looking at the stats for 2012, only 24 guys are above 4.0 YPC in 2012, and two of them are QB's (Cam Newton and RG3).

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 07:57 PM

3.8 during his starts. The Broncos as a team also average 3.8

baja
12-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Stats stats stats

Use your eyes fellas

The kid was injured suffered a powerful lesson in humility and decided to do it the coaches way. He'll only get better. He might stumble but he is finally ready to play in the NFL.

Talk about a serendipitous season. The will of Manning is driving the bus, hang on.

NUB
12-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Looking at the stats for 2012, only 24 guys are above 4.0 YPC in 2012, and two of them are QB's (Cam Newton and RG3).

Here's the list. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt)

Are you going to argue that Moreno is being above average? Seems to me everyone who has said he is being average are the most even minded evaluators.

3.8 during his starts. The Broncos as a team also average 3.8

That isn't a good thing.

DENVERDUI55
12-07-2012, 08:09 PM
You guys have to admit whether you love him or not Slowshon is the most unathletic athletic guy you have ever seen.

Jetmeck
12-07-2012, 08:18 PM
You guys have to admit whether you love him or not Slowshon is the most unathletic athletic guy you have ever seen.

What I'll admit is we need him and he is getting the job done as well as McGahee was.

Running hard....quit your bitchin and understand where we would be without him right now ?

baja
12-07-2012, 08:19 PM

It is a mystery. Maybe he has an inner ear problem.

baja
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Maybe he has draftedtoohighitious

DarkHorse
12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
I can't stand the guy, i'm over him. Had a good game last night but needs to do a hell of a lot more than 1 game for me to acknowledge that he's much more than a bum on this team.

Play out the rest of the year like last night and I may get out my plate and fork - till then.....

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 08:58 PM

Moreno is doing exactly what Bobby Turner drafted him to do, be a solid all-around tailback. Moreno didn't mature right away, now maybe he's got the picture right.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I can't stand the guy, i'm over him. Had a good game last night but needs to do a hell of a lot more than 1 game for me to acknowledge that he's much more than a bum on this team.

Play out the rest of the year like last night and I may get out my plate and fork - till then.....

A bum, eh? 20 TD's is a bum somehow in somebody's mind. Yeesh, Moreno is the highest TD per touch RB on the team.

Moreno has 20 TD's on 635 touches, McGahee 9 TD's on 454 touches. Do the math. Moreno has more TD's per touch.

DENVERDUI55
12-07-2012, 09:26 PM
A bum, eh? 20 TD's is a bum somehow in somebody's mind. Yeesh, Moreno is the highest TD per touch RB on the team.

Moreno has 20 TD's on 635 touches, McGahee 9 TD's on 454 touches. Do the math. Moreno has more TD's per touch.

I've been waiting for someone to post that stat. LOL Now why doesn't Willis get to use his career body of work and Moreno does?

Cito Pelon
12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I've been waiting for someone to post that stat. LOL Now why doesn't Willis get to use his career body of work and Moreno does?

Because they're Denver Bronco tailbacks.

Jebus dude, I thought you would be intelligent enough to recognize that.

JakeZ01
12-07-2012, 10:10 PM

Pwnd.

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Here's the list. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt)

Are you going to argue that Moreno is being above average? Seems to me everyone who has said he is being average are the most even minded evaluators.

That isn't a good thing.

No it is not. But it does mean Knowshon is playing as well as one can expect, given our OL.

baja
12-07-2012, 10:19 PM
No it is not. But it does mean Knowshon is playing as well as one can expect, given our OL.

I want to see what Moreno can do with a healthy Kuper blocking for him.

Nwp-Apap
12-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I want to see what Moreno can do with a healthy Kuper blocking for him.

I would like to see this as well.

Perhaps this extended week will allow us to see Kuper in Maryland in 8 days.

TomServo
12-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Good for KM. no more crappy touchdown celebrations. no more crappy first down celebrations like three weeks ago. just do your job like the third rounder he should have been and freakin work hard. when he scored that TD i watched him to see if he would celebrate like we were down 45 points to the raiders or be the anti cam newton. and Damn! the kid looks like he's learned. Three weeks ago he was passing the ball between his legs after a simple first down. Tonight(thurs) he did his job. he missed an assignment that got PM sacked but Owell it happens.

DENVERDUI55
12-08-2012, 03:15 AM

What does that have to do with his stats? You were arguing stats but it fits your argument better if you don't use Willis career stats. Stats from years ago mean nothing now for either one. Arguing with stats is flawed argument anyway and doesn't show whole story or Rating Bell would still be in the league.

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2012, 05:33 AM
By my count, we've had 5 OMany myths about Moreno obliterated in this thread and 5 "movings of the goalpost" by the haters.

Good stuff.

2KBack
12-08-2012, 06:11 AM

Okay....Career.

Moreno: TD every 31.75 touches

McGahee: TD every (well I'll be) 31.75 touches. Which includes years where he was the goalline back behind Rice.

Look how statistically not sucky Moreno is...unless Willis is equally as sucky.

JakeZ01
12-08-2012, 07:39 AM

Someone has issues.

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't say that. I'm starting him in all my fantasy leagues and its in the playoffs. That being said lack of legit RB scares me going into the playoffs as teams can play nickle and dime D against us and not get lit up in running game. I still don't think Moreno is Adrian Peterson

Could we possibly move the goal posts any more?

First it's: Moreno should be out of the leauge, he's worthless, etc.

Now it's: He's no Adrian Peterson.

Well no sh*t. If that's our benchmark and anything less than being the absolute best RB in the NFL is a failure, then I don't know what to say to you. It's a moronic statement at best.

baja
12-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Could we possibly move the goal posts any more?

First it's: Moreno should be out of the leauge, he's worthless, etc.

Now it's: He's no Adrian Peterson.

Well no sh*t. If that's our benchmark and anything less than being the absolute best RB in the NFL is a failure, then I don't know what to say to you. It's a moronic statement at best.

At some point there will be no avoiding the huge plate of crow sitting in front of some of these guys, DUI55 being at the head of the table.

Requiem
12-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Trolling has been DUI55's thing since he got here. No biggie. The guys hating on Moreno are clowns. They have been clowns since he was drafted. :)

Heyneck
12-08-2012, 09:47 AM

NO MORE!!!
The crap rolls out your mouth again
Haven't changed, your brain is still gelatin
Little whispers circle around your head
Why don't you worry about yourself INSTEAD!!!

Bronco Yoda
12-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Props to KM. Played a good game. He kept his feet under him for the most part. No turnovers and a lot of fight. I don't expect him to break a big one (he is what he is) just move the chains and that's what he did. I'd actually like to see him gain a little more weight.

JakeZ01
12-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I expect moreno to start breaking big runs actually. The tebow effect from last year will pay off. Decker and thomas are good blockers.