PDA

View Full Version : How much work have you gotten done today?

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
These non-Sunday games kill me. I can't think about anything else, but how many hours before the game.

How about the rest of you workaholics? Have you been burning the proverbial midnight oil, like me?

A very important poll is forthcoming. I will make it anonymous, in case any of your employers are members here.

If you want to post an anecdote about how worthless you've been today, feel free. Here's mine:

I have had a spreadsheet open all day. I've added five rows to it, in one column. BAM! I'm exhausted!

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
The good thing is that tomorrow, I'll get loads of work done...

...other than the time I have to spend, reading about the game.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I didn't even notice that I am just a few posts short of 13K.

Weird.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Whoa! There's something shiny on my desk! Do you guys ever keep shiny things on your desks?

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Humumumumumum! Hummmmmmmmmmmmm!

That's a funny noise!

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm over 13K now. Cool!

It's sort of cloudy outside today.

Just an hour and forty-five more minutes.

Humumumumumum!

broncswin
12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Ups driver...no time to slack this close to x-mas...but I am wearing my bronco under shirt and my bronco socks!!! Gonna get done just in time for the game!!

Go Broncos!!

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Ups driver...no time to slack this close to x-mas...but I am wearing my bronco under shirt and my bronco socks!!! Gonna get done just in time for the game!!

Go Broncos!!

It would be awesome if you were a Browns fan. Then you'd be wearing your team colors every day!

Have you ever thought about that? That would be cool!

Humumumumumum!

Doggcow
12-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Helped my dad this morning.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Helped my dad this morning.

Awesome! Is there anything interesting you could say about it that would, say, keep me interested for about an hour and thirty minutes?

You should totally make another Broncos avatar - only this time, do the old logo!

Requiem
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Pretty sure real fans ask every day the Broncos play that aren't on Sunday's off from work.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EVWtq-_VYk8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

elsid13
12-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Today wasn't a problem. Tomorrow because of the late start on the east coast is another story.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Pretty sure real fans ask every day the Broncos play that aren't on Sunday's off from work.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EVWtq-_VYk8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Man, that sentence made almost no sense. Are you already drinking?

I work for myself!

I just added a sixth row to my spreadsheet. And I populated part of a second column with two more rows.

I'm pouring sweat! I didn't miss the kickoff with all of this work, did I?

No, still an hour and twenty-five minutes away.

Humumumumumum!

Requiem
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
i'll never tell you Dom. i have lerned that mOmrmens can't keep teH secerts.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Today wasn't a problem. Tomorrow because of the late start on the east coast is another story.

Aren't time zones crazy? I wonder who thought of time zones?

Humumumumum!

ColoradoDarin
Dropped my son off at school, took my daughter to breakfast, then to Toys R Us (and did my best to hide her Christmas presents, but she's a sharp 20 month old, she'll likely have forgotten what was in those boxes by the 25th), then off to J Crew to spend a gift card I got for my birthday and then finished up at Costco. Now the 3 of us are watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then off to bed for the 2 of them and game time for me!

Requiem
Dropped my son off at school, took my daughter to breakfast, then to Toys R Us (and did my best to hide her Christmas presents, but she's a sharp 20 month old, she'll likely have forgotten what was in those boxes by the 25th), then off to J Crew to spend a gift card I got for my birthday and then finished up at Costco. Now the 3 of us are watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then off to bed for the 2 of them and game time for me!

No mention of a bong hit anywhere in this story is depressing.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:55 PM
i'll never tell you Dom. i have lerned that mOmrmens can't keep teH secerts.

You HAVE been drinking!

I have all kinds of secrets bouncing around in my head!

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 03:57 PM

That's actually a great day!

I always feel like I need to shower after I go to Toys R Us. I swear there are some serious germs in that place!

I flew out to Denver with my daughter to go to the American Girl doll store a few weekends ago. It was for her 6th birthday. We spent two days, and it was the greatest, most horrible trip I have ever taken. If you've ever been to the American Girl store, you understand what I am saying.

ColoradoDarin
12-06-2012, 04:00 PM
No mention of a bong hit anywhere in this story is depressing.

High on life! I do wonder if MJ is part of the non-tobacco part of our health insurance....

ColoradoDarin
12-06-2012, 04:02 PM

I always feel like I need to shower after I go to Toys R Us. I swear there are some serious germs in that place!

I flew out to Denver with my daughter to go to the American Girl doll store a few weekends ago. It was for her 6th birthday. We spent two days, and it was the greatest, most horrible trip I have ever taken. If you've ever been to the American Girl store, you understand what I am saying.

I haven't been to one yet, my boy is almost 4 and really getting into the Bronco games this year (but he'll be asleep before kickoff), my girl is only 20 months, so no American Girl stores as of now. I'm sure they will be in my future and we're having another girl come February, so my house will probably become a doll house, but I'll try to delay that as much as possible.

Rohirrim
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I knew this was coming, so I took the day off. ;D

broncocalijohn
12-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Gotta admit, not a huge production day at my warehouse. Still working just to be truthful on my 3-4 hours. Nothing to do with the game today just lack of motivation. When I do start to work, I kick ass trying to catch up from my evil side of Mr. Goof Off. I will overcome.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I haven't been to one yet, my boy is almost 4 and really getting into the Bronco games this year (but he'll be asleep before kickoff), my girl is only 20 months, so no American Girl stores as of now. I'm sure they will be in my future and we're having another girl come February, so my house will probably become a doll house, but I'll try to delay that as much as possible.

It's a racket, man. We went with a budget in mind, and ended up blowing it out of the water. But it will be a trip that both of us will always remember, so it was worth it.

I love having a daughter! I'm a total sucker, though. I can be totally disciplined with my son. With my daughter, I cave. I have to get it under control by the time she becomes a teenager, or I'll be in trouble.

Watching games with your son is pretty incredible. Wait until he gets a little older, and can start asking reasonably-informed questions about it.

Requiem
12-06-2012, 04:07 PM
You HAVE been drinking!

I have all kinds of secrets bouncing around in my head!

Only a water with a lemon slice for me, sir.

I am trying to decide what to eat during the game.

The healthy part of me says baked fish, with a spinach salad.

The get fat and be gross part of me says ChiKen wings Or piZza.

DomCasual
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Only a water with a lemon slice for me, sir.

I am trying to decide what to eat during the game.

The healthy part of me says baked fish, with a spinach salad.

The get fat and be gross part of me says ChiKen wings Or piZza.

It's a football game! Go with the chicken wings and pizza!

Requiem
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I love wings. Hate pizza. *calls dominoes*

ColoradoDarin
12-06-2012, 04:13 PM
It's a racket, man. We went with a budget in mind, and ended up blowing it out of the water. But it will be a trip that both of us will always remember, so it was worth it.

I love having a daughter! I'm a total sucker, though. I can be totally disciplined with my son. With my daughter, I cave. I have to get it under control by the time she becomes a teenager, or I'll be in trouble.

Watching games with your son is pretty incredible. Wait until he gets a little older, and can start asking reasonably-informed questions about it.

It's something girls are born with, the ability to manipulate men with proper combinations of tears, pouty-ness, love and smiles... I am scared for my future.

Greatspirits
12-06-2012, 04:13 PM
I told myself I wasn't going to drink this week, (drank too much the past weekend) but I think I have a couple of beers left in the garage fridge, I might just drink those just to get rid of them.

broncocalijohn
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Thank God I have 2 boys. You know what we did this last weekend? Played 4 games in our Area Championship and won it all! That is right! While Fathers like you were pretend sipping hot tea at some doll store, my boys were kicking ass on the field breaking other 9 year old's dreams of going onto sectionals! 10 goals in 5 games for my oldest while my youngest 8 year old (yes, he kicks ass so much, he plays with the 9 year olds!) was goalie for all the games and even shut out a team that averaged over 7 goals a game. That was happening when you were picking out pink dresses for the barbie looking dolls in the cool sports car. Ugh!

No girls please as they grow up to be teenagers. Don't worry, though. My sons will take good care of your daughters for you Dads out there. ROFL!

extralife
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
come on, guys, don't pretend the stuff you do on any given day is productive anyway.

elsid13
12-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Aren't time zones crazy? I wonder who thought of time zones?

Humumumumum!

Gingers or Mormons

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I told myself I wasn't going to drink this week, (drank too much the past weekend) but I think I have a couple of beers left in the garage fridge, I might just drink those just to get rid of them.

ROFL!

I love your priorities and organizational skills.

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
come on, guys, don't pretend the stuff you do on any given day is productive anyway.

si

gyldenlove
12-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Finished analysing some pig scans I had left over from yesterday, tried to work out why it didn't work out the way I had predicted. Finished up my christmas cards and did a bit of house work when I got home.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Surgery x 3 this am. Had afternoon off sighted in my new rifle. Took my six year old to school skating rink function. Made it home five minutes ago. Cold beer in hand. It was such a good day, Ice Cube rapped about it. Hopefully the Donks don't spoil it.

Meck77
12-06-2012, 07:25 PM
3 hours on the tractor, couple hours of desk/phone time, and a costco run. Finished by 3:30. **** the raiders come on Broncos!