PDA

View Full Version : The Ginger Hammer wants to end kickoffs

Goobzilla
12-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Thoughts?

A snippet from PFT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/goodell-floats-novel-idea-for-replacing-kickoffs/

Sean Gregory of TIME writes that one of the options being considered for replacing kickoffs entails giving the ball to the team that would have been kicking off at its own 30, automatically facing a fourth down and 15 yards to go. The team can then choose to punt or go for it, via fake punt or otherwise.

In other words, the kickoff would be replaced with the punt, and the onside kick would be replaced with a fourth-down conversion roughly half the distance of Ray Rice’s recent catch-and-run.

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2012, 07:41 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xlA9bNk3b5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
12-06-2012, 07:49 AM
I see someone has an axe to grind.....

from the article - Goodell says the idea came from Bucs coach Greg Schiano.

the same guy who thinks it's OK to smack a QB on the end of game kneel down.....but keep posting it like it was Goodell's own idea, when all he did was say "Hey, one of our coaches suggested this to keep player head injuries down"

Goobzilla
12-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Doesn't matter who proposed it. Schiano has no stroke to make it to happen but Rog does.

Goobzilla
12-06-2012, 07:53 AM
I only posted a portion of the article with the link per OM guidelines. But feel free to infer what ever you want.

lolcopter
12-06-2012, 07:57 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120929070660/southpark/images/thumb/8/88/Sarcastaball13.png/640px-Sarcastaball13.png

Goobzilla
12-06-2012, 08:00 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120929070660/southpark/images/thumb/8/88/Sarcastaball13.png/640px-Sarcastaball13.png
Pretty much

errand
12-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Doesn't matter who proposed it. Schiano has no stroke to make it to happen but Rog does.

Isn't there a group of owners who are on the competition committee who determine any new rule changes to submit to the owners for approval before anything is implemented?

Rohirrim
12-06-2012, 08:03 AM
I think that Goodell needs to find a way to include interpretive dance into the games. That would be more appealing to the feminine crowd. The second quarter of every game could be an NFL version of Dancing With the Stars. Maybe they could also do a Survivor kind of thing, and fans could vote a player off the field who refused to eat bugs?

baja
12-06-2012, 08:08 AM
NFL is going through the same corporate cycle all large and successful corporations go through, IBM, Microsoft ETC. The NFL is in the mid stages of being micro managed by a herd of corporate suits each one trying to justify their job by submitting endless improvement ideas until it gets bogged down in complexity, loses what made it successful and becomes a bloated corporate dinosaur. I would say the NFL is more than half way there.

errand
12-06-2012, 08:13 AM
I only posted a portion of the article with the link per OM guidelines. But feel free to infer what ever you want.

When you call the commissioner "Ginger Hammer" it says you have issues with him to begin with.....then you post the portion that supports your take, implying that Goodell is some evil figure destined to destroy the players or the game. The fact is he just passed a head coach's suggestion onto whomever.

Keep in mind Goodell is under a lot of pressure from fans and players (and their union) to reduce head injuries.....and flying down the field 40 yards in 4.5-5 seconds weighing over 200-300 lbs smacking each other in the head causes head injuries sometimes.

If he says he is for the rule proposed by Schiano, he's an idiot who wants to turn the game into Sarcastiball....but if he dismisses it as a stupid suggestion, he's painted as the evil fiend who doesn't care about anything like player safety.

Goobzilla
12-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Whatever dude. Put your tinfoil hat back on

Requiem
12-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Errand is terrible.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2012, 08:24 AM
When you call the commissioner "Ginger Hammer" it says you have issues with him to begin with.....then you post the portion that supports your take, implying that Goodell is some evil figure destined to destroy the players or the game. The fact is he just passed a head coach's suggestion onto whomever.

Keep in mind Goodell is under a lot of pressure from fans and players (and their union) to reduce head injuries.....and flying down the field 40 yards in 4.5-5 seconds weighing over 200-300 lbs smacking each other in the head causes head injuries sometimes.

If he says he is for the rule proposed by Schiano, he's an idiot who wants to turn the game into Sarcastiball....but if he dismisses it as a stupid suggestion, he's painted as the evil fiend who doesn't care about anything like player safety.

Goodell cares SO MUCH about safety that he wants to add 2 more games to the yearly schedule, and adds weekly Thursday night games. You know, to avoid head trauma, or something.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Errand is terrible.

This.

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Errand is terrible.

I'm new here, but he already boils my blood. What a terrible human being.

jmz313
12-06-2012, 08:29 AM
its not a bad plan.... if you don't care about a drastic change to the Game. Kickoffs and the Onside kick are a huge part of the Game.

Imagine the flashbulbs popping at Superbowl 50 as the team lines up for the opening 4th down play..... yuck.

errand
12-06-2012, 08:36 AM
NFL is going through the same corporate cycle all large and successful corporations go through, IBM, Microsoft ETC. The NFL is in the mid stages of being micro managed by a herd of corporate suits each one trying to justify their job by submitting endless improvement ideas until it gets bogged down in complexity, loses what made it successful and becomes a bloated corporate dinosaur. I would say the NFL is more than half way there.

I would agree with most of this....

The NFL became our nation's favorite sport because of the intensity of the battle, the hatred between opposing teams, etc....

some proposed rule changes have helped it become a better game, like replay to get the call right (most of the time), and allowing OL to use their hands to improve pass protection, etc...and other have been head scratchers like moving the point of KO up which almost assuredly means a touchback (at least when playing in Denver against Prater)

One problem is the league knows offense sells tickets...nobody likes those Orton vs. Tebow 7-3 nailbiters, and when the NFL charges you an arm a leg and your first born to watch their product live, the fans will want to see TD's being thrown, and caught.....

so they try to tweak the game that allows offense to gain the upper hand....they protect the QB like he's a china doll, because again fans want to see Brady, the Mannings, and Brees...not their human rummage sale of back-ups like Mallet, Hanie, etc.

Now add in the player's union who are to represent their members, and want the NFL to do more in regards to reducing player injuries in a sport where injuries are going to happen regardless. And the biggest issue nowadays is head injuries and concussions and how to reduce them significantly.

The NFL is caught trying to provide the fans (the ones who pay them $$$ to pay the players etc.) the macho violent sport that they have come to love and support religiously and protect the players those same fans pay handsomely to see.

The title of the thread is misleading as it claims Goodell wants to eliminate KO's, when the fact is Schiano suggested it, and if it gets approved it will be the owners who approve it after the competition committee reviews it.....not Goodell.

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 08:39 AM

Goodell sucks big ole donkey dicks.

errand
12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Whatever dude. Put your tinfoil hat back on

the article clearly states that Schiano suggested it to Goodell...but you post the thread title that Ginger Hammer wants to eliminate kickoffs....calling Goodell a derogatory name, and stating it was his idea.

Yeah, no agenda here.....LOL

errand
12-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm new here, but he already boils my blood. What a terrible human being.

how am I a terrible human being?

Because I stated the fact that Goodell isn't the one who came up with the idea?

Read the article....it clearly says that Schiano suggested the rule. but feel free to think someone trying to mislead others with a thread title is a great guy and the one who called him out on it is the asshole.

errand
12-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Errand is terrible.

Says the board's version of Mean Girl's Gretchen trying to get Methwolfe as a catchy phrase like "Fetch"

LOL

Goobzilla
12-06-2012, 08:49 AM
the article clearly states that Schiano suggested it to Goodell...but you post the thread title that Ginger Hammer wants to eliminate kickoffs....calling Goodell a derogatory name, and stating it was his idea.

Yeah, no agenda here.....LOL
Just stop. It's embarrassing

errand
12-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Just stop. It's embarrassing

I admit...your thread title is embarrassing...since it's nowhere near the truth at all.

Goobzilla
12-06-2012, 08:53 AM
This message is hidden because errand is on your ignore list.

There that's done. Would anyone like to discuss the actual content of the article?

baja
12-06-2012, 08:55 AM
There are many dangerous professions in the world.

Soldiers get extra pay for combat duty / Airborne duty and specialty forces like Rangers & Navy Seals get paid a premium.

Miners get paid a premium for working underground

Fireman are will paid because of the hazardous nature for the work

Oil Rig roughnecks are paid well beyond their skill level because of the hazards involved.

On average the NFL player gets paid more in a season than the average fan watching him perform makes in ten years. Yes the profession comes with risk but that is part of the reason they are so well compensated. There will always be career ending injuries you will never legislate them out of existence. let's hope the NFL ruling body understands this and avoids ruining the appeal for the sport through over regulation.

Kid A
12-06-2012, 09:04 AM

the same guy who thinks it's OK to smack a QB on the end of game kneel down.....but keep posting it like it was Goodell's own idea, when all he did was say "Hey, one of our coaches suggested this to keep player head injuries down"

I share the general cynicism about Schiano's victory formation antics, but he did have a player get paralyzed on a kickoff return, so not exactly weird or hypocritical for it to be a point of concern for him.

razorwire77
12-06-2012, 09:07 AM
It's only a matter of time before they are blowing the ball dead on turnovers to prevent blindside hits on QB's. Once that happens, I'm done with NFL football.

errand
12-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Soldiers get extra pay for combat duty / Airborne duty and specialty forces like Rangers & Navy Seals get paid a premium.

Oil Rig roughnecks are paid well beyond their skill level because of the hazards involved.

On average the NFL player gets paid more in a season than the average fan watching him perform makes in ten years. Yes the profession comes with risk but that is part of the reason they are so well compensated. There will always be career ending injuries you will never legislate them out of existence. let's hope the NFL ruling body understands this and avoids ruining the appeal for the sport through over regulation.

I agree...the violence of the sport is what makes it appealing to most fans...the hatred between rivals use to be epic, and even QB's were tough SOB's back in the day taking hit after hit. and injuries are going to happen regardless.

but the players and their union want better player safety because it helps them have longer careers and healthier retirements

and the owners want player safety because without the superstars, nobody will come out to watch the game which will directly impact their bottom line...better players playing instead of on sidelines usually means more $$$ for them

and the fans don't want their favorite players going thru what those former players like Seau have gone thru with the numerous concussions (well most don't)

My issue isn't that I approve of the rule suggestion...because I don't. the KO return is one of the most electrifying things in the world of sport. My issue is that the thread paints Goodell as the author of the idea...which simply isn't true according to the article. Goodell can't pass anything without the owners voting on it.

rule changes go thru a competition committee

The National Football League Competition Committee is a group of eight members chosen from the ranks of the NFL teams' head coaches and managers to oversee competition and suggest rule changes.

As of February 14, 2012, the members were:
Co-Chair: Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
Co-Chair: Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
- Ken Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals)
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants)
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans)

Notice a name that isn't on there?

errand
12-06-2012, 09:29 AM
I share the general cynicism about Schiano's victory formation antics, but he did have a player get paralyzed on a kickoff return, so not exactly weird or hypocritical for it to be a point of concern for him.

I agree, the article says it was suggested by Schiano in regards to player safety....and I have no problem with Schiano other than his antics on kneel downs....he seems like a nice guy otherwise. And most coaches have played the game before at some level or another, and would probably have good ideas for improving player safety.

My point is -

I am not for the idea of eliminating KO's...I happen to think it's one of the most exciting game/momentum changing plays in football, I am saying it wasn't Goodell who suggested the idea.....that Goodell has nothing to do with the rule being changed if it even gets that far as the NFL has a competition committee who submits new rule changes for the owners to approve or reject.

But reading the thread title, it suggests that Goodell just arbitrarily wants to eliminate the KO because he can....which is nowhere near the truth. If anyone hates Goodell, that's fine by me...but at least bitch about **** he's actually done...not **** some one else suggested to him.

Flex Gunmetal
12-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Errand is terrible.

Undeniable fact.

baja
12-06-2012, 09:38 AM
That is all well and fine errand. Personally I don't care who the person/people are that are in charge. My point is it is a delicate balance between keeping the aspects that give the game is massive appeal and the safety of the players. No easy job, I understand this.

Play2win
12-06-2012, 09:43 AM

I would much rather the sport go in the direction of Roman Gladiators. They get paid the money, now lets see some real ****ing carnage!!

broncocalijohn
12-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Thoughts?

A snippet from PFT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/goodell-floats-novel-idea-for-replacing-kickoffs/

Sean Gregory of TIME writes that one of the options being considered for replacing kickoffs entails giving the ball to the team that would have been kicking off at its own 30, automatically facing a fourth down and 15 yards to go. The team can then choose to punt or go for it, via fake punt or otherwise.

In other words, the kickoff would be replaced with the punt, and the onside kick would be replaced with a fourth-down conversion roughly half the distance of Ray Rice’s recent catch-and-run.

Lame. Part of the game is special teams. How about they back up kickoffs 5 yards to give the receiving team a chance to run it back? If you have 55 seconds left and a good returner, you will take that chance and run it out of the endzone. You won't if the ball is kicked 1 yard from the back of the endzone or completely out of the endzone. Special team players get very few chances (unless you are the KC or Oakland ST) to shine. Killing kickoffs, like in recent years, gives them almost no chance to shine and earn their money.

Players have been severly hurt on every type of football play. SHould those be eliminated too? Onside kicks, while rarely successful, is very exciting build up.

errand
12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
That is all well and fine errand. Personally I don't care who the person/people are that are in charge. My point is it is a delicate balance between keeping the aspects that give the game is massive appeal and the safety of the players. No easy job, I understand this.

and I agree with you....again my issue is the title of thread implies that it's a whim on Goodell's part...nothing about player safety or the fact it wasn't even Goodell's idea is mentioned in the title.

a more appropriate title would've been

Goodell : NFL coach suggests eliminating KO's for player safety

errand
12-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I would much rather the sport go in the direction of Roman Gladiators. They get paid the money, now lets see some real ****ing carnage!!

Not sure if I'd go that far, but I smell what you're stepping in....

the NFL is a violent sport, and it has millions of fans who love that it is a violent sport.....watching Atwater send Okoye 3 yards backwards is worth the price of admission alone.

The NFL owners coaches and players however want to reduce the risk and severity of injuries....in particular head injuries. hopefully they'll be able to without making it Sarcasticball.

errand
12-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Undeniable fact.

Someone is still butthurt......

ColoradoDarin
12-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Errand is terrible.

Truth is true.

Play2win
12-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Not sure if I'd go that far, but I smell what you're stepping in....

the NFL is a violent sport, and it has millions of fans who love that it is a violent sport.....watching Atwater send Okoye 3 yards backwards is worth the price of admission alone.

The NFL owners coaches and players however want to reduce the risk and severity of injuries....in particular head injuries. hopefully they'll be able to without making it Sarcasticball.

I would rather it be full Gladiator Carnage than Arena Football, that is for sure. Lets be honest, I still watch football for the fierce, bone-crushing hits... There just aren't as many of them anymore.

God do I miss, "You Got JACKED UP!!!"

baja
12-06-2012, 11:18 AM
and I agree with you....again my issue is the title of thread implies that it's a whim on Goodell's part...nothing about player safety or the fact it wasn't even Goodell's idea is mentioned in the title.

a more appropriate title would've been

Goodell : NFL coach suggests eliminating KO's for player safety

Oh in that case, "I dooooonnnt caaarrre"

That One Guy
12-06-2012, 11:32 AM
This is all because the NFL is tired of getting sued.

As for the thread OP issue, Goodell basically adopts the idea when he passes it on like that. It could've been offered as an afterthought that Schiano suggested it as a way to say those involved in the game are offering these types of ideas.

If I make a thread saying Errand likes big black penis and then a few minutes later offer up that it was someone else's idea and I'm just passing it on - well, I'm kinda responsible for the thought at that point.

I agree that this is floating the idea to gauge fan response. It could also be to get some quotes from players/NFLPA types against the measure which the NFL can argue is them resisting safety measures.

chickennob2
12-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Also the same guy who had one of his players, Eric LeGrand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_LeGrand), paralyzed while making a tackle on a kickoff return.

R8R H8R
12-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I am not sure I like the idea, because it is pretty radical and foriegn to us. On the other hand, it would certainly attain the goal of replacing a high risk part of the game without losing the thrill of it. In fact, you can argue that this would be way more exciting because of the "go for it" part of the plan, and the fact that most kickoffs are non-returnable anyway.

Even if I do not agree with a particular rule change in a given year, I do appreciate that at least the NFL has proven over the years that they are willing to make changes to the game to either promote safety or make the game more exciting; unlike many other major sports.

With all that being said, I would really like the rules committee to consider moving the extra point back 5-10 yards back to at least have some level of anxiety when the kick is made. It is just too mundane as it is.

baja
12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I am not sure I like the idea, because it is pretty radical and foriegn to us. On the other hand, it would certainly attain the goal of replacing a high risk part of the game without losing the thrill of it. In fact, you can argue that this would be way more exciting because of the "go for it" part of the plan, and the fact that most kickoffs are non-returnable anyway.

Even if I do not agree with a particular rule change in a given year, I do appreciate that at least the NFL has proven over the years that they are willing to make changes to the game to either promote safety or make the game more exciting; unlike many other major sports.

With all that being said, I would really like the rules committee to consider moving the extra point back 5-10 yards back to at least have some level of anxiety when the kick is made. It is just too mundane as it is.

Here's an idea. Put a bulls eye target dead center of the goal posts (half way up / center ) with an electronic pressure sensor. If the ball hits the bulls eye extra points are worth 2 points and on field goals hitting the bulls eye nets you 4 points. ;D

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Here's an idea. Put a bulls eye target dead center of the goal posts (half way up / center ) with an electronic pressure sensor. If the ball hits the bulls eye extra points are worth 2 points and on field goals hitting the bulls eye nets you 4 points. ;D

and everyone seated in section __ gets a free order of nachos.

Jetmeck
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I admit...your thread title is embarrassing...since it's nowhere near the truth at all.

On this one thing I agree and I don't like the guy but he is correct

El Guapo
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM

Bingo.

That One Guy
12-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I know people are joking about it but I have wondered why they don't give a point or two if you can knock it through the uprights on kickoffs. That'd give the extra incentive to really boom it (or get someone that can) and cut down on the returns by a lot.

houghtam
12-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Pretty easy to convince the owners to adopt this...less special teams means fewer special teams players means smaller roster means bigger profits.

Make it happen, cap'n! Also can we cut players on the field to 7 and determine possession with a race to the ball?

baja
12-06-2012, 03:56 PM
With all the commercial time they could make all players go both ways that way they can cut the rosters in half

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I know people are joking about it but I have wondered why they don't give a point or two if you can knock it through the uprights on kickoffs. That'd give the extra incentive to really boom it (or get someone that can) and cut down on the returns by a lot.

I'd like this a lot. Would make weather a factor in another way too.

And if you miss the FG, and the ball sails out of bounds without hitting the end zone, the receiving team gets the ball at the 30.

oubronco
12-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Another way to pussify football

El Guapo
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM

Sounds like arena football.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Says the board's version of Mean Girl's Gretchen trying to get Methwolfe as a catchy phrase like "Fetch"

LOL

Who is Gretchen and what the hell is Mean Girl's?

El Guapo
12-07-2012, 08:52 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377092/ and http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0008277/. Yes, I've seen the movie but I couldn't quote it like the hoser above. :D

ColoradoDarin
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
We need to get back to the point of this thread. And that is how terrible errand is.

Goobzilla
12-07-2012, 09:19 AM
We need to get back to the point of this thread. And that is how terrible errand is.
LOL

spdirty
12-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I would be for it for the purpose of player safety if the commissioner/owners didn't always contradict themselves by wanting the 18 game season and all the Thursday night games.

Play2win
12-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I sure enjoyed football a hell of a lot more, when it wasn't nearly so "safe"

bronco militia
12-07-2012, 11:38 AM
time and the ginger hammer gets the ksk treatment:

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rogtime.jpeg

Crushaholic
12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
The thread title may not be completely accurate, but I love the name "ginger hammer". That is all...:)

RaiderH8r
12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377092/ and http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0008277/. Yes, I've seen the movie but I couldn't quote it like the hoser above. :D

Well I just don't understand Errand at all. I mean...well...I just....this needs to be digested before I can muster comment.

Action
12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
The only play that they need to get rid of is the FG after a touchdown.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM

well thats a cool ideal also if a kicker did boom it thru the uprights for a point or 2 the offense can start on the 25 in return

broncosteven
12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Why don't they just move the kickoff point up another 5 yards?

What I don't understand is how late in game or if your down big with a lot of time left you could attempt an onside kick and steal a possesion. I know it is rare to get one but if we don't get the one in Miami last year Tebow is probably out of football by now and we pick real high again.

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 04:26 PM
time and the ginger hammer gets the ksk treatment:

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rogtime.jpeg

God Damn, Seau had a huge brain!!

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Why don't they just move the kickoff point up another 5 yards?

What I don't understand is how late in game or if your down big with a lot of time left you could attempt an onside kick and steal a possesion. I know it is rare to get one but if we don't get the one in Miami last year Tebow is probably out of football by now and we pick real high again.

Why don't they work on improving the equipment. I read somewhere that players have to use Ridell helmets because they are the NFL sponsor BUT there are much better helmets out there. I also heard that if the NFL made it mandatory for players to use mouth pieces that might help with concussions. Lets look into these areas before ****ing up the game anymore than they already have.

broncosteven
12-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Why don't they work on improving the equipment. I read somewhere that players have to use Ridell helmets because they are the NFL sponsor BUT there are much better helmets out there. I also heard that if the NFL made it mandatory for players to use mouth pieces that might help with concussions. Lets look into these areas before ****ing up the game anymore than they already have.

I totally agree.

BTW I saw a former player somewhere Maybe NFL Live (I am old and have had a couple concussions) talking about this and they said to play without helmets.

He said players use any armor as a weapon and if you took it away they wouldn't lead with their heads.

I agree, there should be more R&D to solve the issue. I am not a fan of kicks, there are maybe 5 good returners in the NFL and I feel a good return is cheap points. Real teams can drive to score.

ZONA
12-07-2012, 11:05 PM

They have ALREADY cut down on the kick off returns a great deal when they moved where the ball is kicked from. Honestly, if you watch the games, 80% of the kicks are not returned. There needs to be no extra gimmicky **** like giving points for kickoffs going through the goal posts or giving the scoring team a 4th and 15.

This is all stupid. It's fine now. It's been 2 seasons now with the new kick off location. How do they know this isn't enough. They need to wait 10 years or so and then they can study how many injuries have been reduced.

Let's not get totally stupid freaky about this ****. Leave the F'n game alone.

Goodell wants to **** with kicks offs, have games every week in London. Get this ****er out of there. He's not good for the game.

Old Dude
12-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I think they should have a rule that you don't get to go for extra points after you pass the 45 point mark.