PDA

View Full Version : Example of Manning's Greatness

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 12:40 AM
The perfect pass arrived in the third quarter of Sunday's 31-23 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. When Thomas approached the line of scrimmage, his eyes opened wide with anticipation. He recognized he could exploit coverage from Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David if Manning changed the play at the line of scrimmage.

Manning, the most cerebral of quarterbacks, saw the mismatch in an instant and quickly checked off. Thomas ran a perfect route, beating David and late double-team coverage by free safety Ahmad Black, to catch the touchdown.

"The pass was in the perfect spot between the two defenders," Thomas said. "That's the thing with Peyton. I'm just trying to get to the right spot on the field, because I know the ball is going to be there."

The touchdown, the second of the day for the Manning-to-Thomas connection, put the Broncos firmly in control 28-10. It left Manning beaming.

"What I liked about the second touchdown was that Demaryius was seeing the same thing I was seeing," Manning said. "He had another route and we changed it at the line. We were kind of on the same line. That was good to see that kind of communication and growth."

Read more: Broncos' Manning-Thomas connection evolving into something special - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22134431/broncos-manning-thomas-connection-evolving-into-something-special#ixzz2EFtCt9uw

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 12:41 AM
How many times do you watch a game and see a CB limping badly or leaves the game and you think this needs to be exploited but for some reason it never is? I think we can safely say when such instances occur Manning will be right on top of it.

enjolras
12-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Quibble: That was the third touchdown, made the score 21-10.

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 01:37 AM

Yeah, Miller made the score 28-10. How does a LBer get split out on a WR like that?

Action
12-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah, Miller made the score 28-10. How does a LBer get split out on a WR like that?

Happens all the time.

Bears will run a 4-3 even though you have like 4-5 WR's.

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Happens all the time.

Bears will run a 4-3 even though you have like 4-5 WR's.

I'd take a Urlacher/Thomas match-up any day of the week.

Mogulseeker
12-06-2012, 03:30 AM

Read closer:

"the second of the day for the Manning-to-Thomas connection"

Mogulseeker
12-06-2012, 03:31 AM
By the way, I just got your handle.... crazy because I'm a huge Les Miserables fan.

jerseyguy4
12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
By the way,...I'm a huge Les Miserables fan.
http://www.q8blend.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/disgusted-face.jpg

gyldenlove
12-06-2012, 09:02 AM

That is what you do in the cover-2, especially when you traded your best CB during the season and your 2nd best CB is suspended. The alternative would be to have the 4th best CB on the worst passing defense in the league cover Thomas - still a mismatch.

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 09:31 AM
By the way, I just got your handle.... crazy because I'm a huge Les Miserables fan.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Rabb
12-06-2012, 09:46 AM

please, tell us more about yourself

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
please, tell us more about yourself

LOL

fontaine
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
That's the one thing I want Brock Osweiller to learn from Manning.

The two are incomparable in talent, physical skills, arm strength etc but the one than Brock can do is work just as hard to learn coverages, pre snap reads, disguised fronts, pass rush tendencies etc.

THAT'S not dependant on talent, that's just working hard to learn and if Brock can do that in the next two years then I'll be happy with his preparation.

enjolras
12-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Read closer:

"the second of the day for the Manning-to-Thomas connection"

Huh? It was the second TD pass of the day to Thomas, the third overall (first was to Unrein). It sill made the score 21-10, not 28-10 (Miller did that).

enjolras
12-06-2012, 11:16 AM

:) It's a great book!

jerseyguy4
12-06-2012, 11:32 AM
That's the one thing I want Brock Osweiller to learn from Manning.

The two are incomparable in talent, physical skills, arm strength etc but the one than Brock can do is work just as hard to learn coverages, pre snap reads, disguised fronts, pass rush tendencies etc.

THAT'S not dependant on talent, that's just working hard to learn and if Brock can do that in the next two years then I'll be happy with his preparation.
100% disagree.

Physical talent - Peyton probably isn't even in the top 10 current QB's.
Mental talent - He's #1 of ALL time.

Brock may already be more physically capable than Peyton. But suggesting he can learn Peyton's mental game is ludicrous. That's like telling Einstein to teach some random burger flipper the inner workings of general relativity.

oubronco
12-06-2012, 05:29 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0rdWDi3Qv0I/ScSNlG42o3I/AAAAAAAAAII/VKsH5oSbkhE/S1600-R/1237516899813.jpg