PDA

View Full Version : FF Advice

Mountain Bronco
12-05-2012, 11:57 AM
At QB, should I start Luck versus Tenn or Newton versus Atl? Both at home. Luck has been great lately and Tenn is bad against the pass, but Newton even in a loss put up big numbers on the road versus Atlanta last game.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
While we're at it...in a PPR league, who is a better bet this week: Decker or Moreno?

bfoflcommish
12-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Luck and Decker

LongDongJohnson
12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Decker sucks. I say moreno.

spdirty
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Slight lean towards Luck and neither...that's gonna be hillman, tamme, dreesen, DT, and Denver's D racking up the points I hope...in a must win my opponent has Manning, Moreno, and Decker...this is the part of fantasy football that I hate.

My question is Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, or Justin Blackmon and then Tamme, Gates, or Dallas Clark?

bfoflcommish
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM

you trust moreno to put up 3 decent games in a row with this one being on the road? If this game goes as I hope decker will throw up early points and hillman getting playing time at end

maven
12-05-2012, 12:27 PM
At QB, should I start Luck versus Tenn or Newton versus Atl? Both at home. Luck has been great lately and Tenn is bad against the pass, but Newton even in a loss put up big numbers on the road versus Atlanta last game.

Cam Newton. Though I hope he tanks and burns this week and tossed 4 picks and runs for negative yardage.

maven
12-05-2012, 12:27 PM
While we're at it...in a PPR league, who is a better bet this week: Decker or Moreno?

Have anyone else? Because these two options are not stellar.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Have anyone else? Because these two options are not stellar.

Kenny Britt and im not very keen on him.

mkporter
12-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I say Luck and Decker also. Mike Nolan has done a good job scheming this year, so I think Luck is a better bet against a weak team. I have a gut feel that Decker will have a good game this week after being pretty lackluster for the last few.

maven
12-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I say Luck and Decker also. Mike Nolan has done a good job scheming this year, so I think Luck is a better bet against a weak team. I have a gut feel that Decker will have a good game this week after being pretty lackluster for the last few.

Newton has come on the past two weeks, and had an excellent outing versus the Falcons the 1st game. If it was my team, I would run with newton. Though as mentioned I hope i'm wrong and he sucks badddddd and fumbles and tosses picks.

maven
12-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Kenny Britt and im not very keen on him.

While scoring TD's the past couple of weeks, he doesn't get a lot of catches. He's a boom/bust. Knee injury and their other WR gets more involved.

Decker?

Shoe fell off. Seems Decker plays well when DT cannot get going. If DT gets going Manning doesn't even look his way and will supplement DT with the Tight ends.. Decker did though had a good game against Oakland last time and the Raiders have **** corners.

Moreno?
20 carries a game and 4 receptions. He has to get into the end zone one of these days. right? Definitely the most disappointing thing about him with the amount of touches he gets.

maven
12-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Just to add if Newton tosses a pick or fumbles he falls the eff apart. hehe Have fun making your selection OP.

gunns
12-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Hilarious!

maven
12-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Hilarious!

The past 4 weeks in FF he has sucked.

LongDongJohnson
12-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Hilarious!

What has decker done lately? Decker can barely get open. Plus he has butter fingers. I only say moreno because the raiders run D has been soft lately. Plus last time we played the raiders, we ran all over them.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Tennessee has some of the worst safety play in the NFL. Both Hilton and Avery can abuse them deep. The CBs are decent, so I do expect Wayne to be held somewhat in check on the intermediate throws. The Titans under their new OC want to throw the ball extensively these last few games to get a good look at Locker. This game has the makings of a shoot out, which is good news for Luck owners.

Meanwhile, Atlanta is one of the best defenses against the pass. Their entire secondary is good. They are also coming off a gameplan that completely shut down Jimmy Graham, not good for Olsen. Brandon LaFell, I believe, is out for this game as well. Newton already isn't the best passer and the Carolina O-line is banged up. Meanwhile, the Carolina defense is bad, and Ryan never struggles in back to back games. Newton can get you points by scrambling and scoring, but if the Falcons get up big, which is likely, he'll be forced to pass.

In this particular matchup, I'd say the odds are heavily in Luck's favor to be the higher scoring fantasy QB. Newton is much more riskier, but also has the better chance to hit a homerun (30+ points via multiple rushing scores).

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-05-2012, 06:18 PM

Moreno easily.

If the game is close, we'll want to run. If we get up big early, we'll want to run. There's little chance we fall behind or this turns into a shoot out. Thus, the odds favor Moreno.

Moreno's floor is probably 70 yards rushing and 2/10 yards receiving.

Decker's floor is 2/20 receiving.

Both probably have similar overall fantasy point ceilings: 100+ yards, 2 TDs, 4-5 receptions.

I think this is a no-brainer for Moreno personally. The risk is less while his ceiling is equivalent to Decker's.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Slight lean towards Luck and neither...that's gonna be hillman, tamme, dreesen, DT, and Denver's D racking up the points I hope...in a must win my opponent has Manning, Moreno, and Decker...this is the part of fantasy football that I hate.

My question is Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, or Justin Blackmon and then Tamme, Gates, or Dallas Clark?

Well, with Shorts dinged up, it's possible Blackmon gets Cromartie, whom will shut him down completely. I'm avoiding him. It's a toss up between Austin and Lloyd. Austin is probably safer, though Cincinnati has a decent secondary and pass rush. Lloyd might be relevant this game against Houston with both Gronk and Edelman out. He hasn't topped 45 yards receiving in a long time though. I think I'd go with Austin if I'm playing the odds.

As for TE, they all probably score similar. Gates has a tough matchup with Pittsburgh and their now-healthy safeties. Both Clark and Tamme have great matchups. Clark probably has more scoring potential, but with Stokley out, I think Tamme gets more overall targets. I expect both to score around 8 points.

Bacchus
12-05-2012, 06:54 PM
What has decker done lately? Decker can barely get open. Plus he has butter fingers. I only say moreno because the raiders run D has been soft lately. Plus last time we played the raiders, we ran all over them.

Decker has killed me the last 4 weeks. I have a choice between Demarco Murry and Decker this week. I again am going with Decker but again I'll probably regret it.

Nwp-Apap
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
If it's Decker vs. Moreno, you gotta go Moreno as he is guaranteed significant touches, Decker is not. Also helps that Oakland is worse against the run than they are against the pass. Then you factor in we will probably play with a decent lead from the 2nd quarter on, we will probably run quite a bit.

I think Moreno goes off tomorrow.

spdirty
12-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, with Shorts dinged up, it's possible Blackmon gets Cromartie, whom will shut him down completely. I'm avoiding him. It's a toss up between Austin and Lloyd. Austin is probably safer, though Cincinnati has a decent secondary and pass rush. Lloyd might be relevant this game against Houston with both Gronk and Edelman out. He hasn't topped 45 yards receiving in a long time though. I think I'd go with Austin if I'm playing the odds.

As for TE, they all probably score similar. Gates has a tough matchup with Pittsburgh and their now-healthy safeties. Both Clark and Tamme have great matchups. Clark probably has more scoring potential, but with Stokley out, I think Tamme gets more overall targets. I expect both to score around 8 points.

Thanks. Austin has been inconsistent since week 8, and Cincy has a tough secondary. I was considering Lloyd because of the Edelman injury and for Monday Night hope, just in case. Probably won't make my decision until Sunday morning with this little dilemma.

Think with Tamme I'll wait and see if Stokley is out or not before pulling that trigger.

Basically I need to either win this game or lose and hope the 5th place guy loses or lose and if the 5th place guy wins I need to outscore him by 3 points because of the tiebreaker. It's a pretty decent place to be in except he's playing a last place guy so he'll probably win. Really want to make the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues. So far I'm 2/3 and this one would be so nice.

g6matty
12-05-2012, 08:17 PM
The thing about luck is he only puts up huge numbers when playing from behind. I don't see Tennessee scoring much so that hurts pucks production. Arians try's to run a balanced offense to try and protect his young qb but when they start to get down a lot luck goes tebow and lights it up,

Newton has been hot lately plus I think atl will score putting newton in catch up mode forcing him to put up numbers. I'd go with scam this week

maven
12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Decker has killed me the last 4 weeks. I have a choice between Demarco Murry and Decker this week. I again am going with Decker but again I'll probably regret it.

wut? why? You run the RB.

maven
12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
If it's Decker vs. Moreno, you gotta go Moreno as he is guaranteed significant touches, Decker is not. Also helps that Oakland is worse against the run than they are against the pass. Then you factor in we will probably play with a decent lead from the 2nd quarter on, we will probably run quite a bit.

I think Moreno goes off tomorrow.

I would go with Moreno as well.

Bacchus
12-05-2012, 10:51 PM
wut? why? You run the RB.

I suppose. The Bengals are playing well and have a pretty good run defense. Dallas can seem to never stick with the running game.... and well Denver is playing the Raiders......... Yeah, I suppose I should go with Murray.

If I do go with Murray than my two starting RBs would be Murray and Green Ellis so they would be playing each other! LOL... make for an interesting game for me.

Broncobiv
12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
I have the exact same decision this week between Moreno and Decker in a PPR league.

My starting RB's are usually Richardson and Forte. I was prepared to sit Forte and start Moreno instead (easier matchup, Forte's injury concerns, Bush vulture). But then I chose to remove Decker from my flex and stick Moreno in there, starting all 3 RB's.

So yeah, Moreno over Decker.

Remember people, we're not saying Decker sucks IRL. This is FF!

Broncoman13
12-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Playoffs beginning! Joe Flacco at Washington or Tony Romo at Cincy? Romo worries me vs Cincy as the Bengals have a great pass rush and the Cowboys OL struggles to protect. Flacco hasn't played well lately either.

Also have a dilemma at WR. I have Wallace, Nelson, Amendola, Harvin, Austin and just picked up Tate. Nelson and Harvin are out. Tate is one starter, so should I go with Austin or Wallace. FAs currently available... TY Hilton, Givens, Britt, or Boldin. Just need one more.

spdirty
12-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Playoffs beginning! Joe Flacco at Washington or Tony Romo at Cincy? Romo worries me vs Cincy as the Bengals have a great pass rush and the Cowboys OL struggles to protect. Flacco hasn't played well lately either.

Also have a dilemma at WR. I have Wallace, Nelson, Amendola, Harvin, Austin and just picked up Tate. Nelson and Harvin are out. Tate is one starter, so should I go with Austin or Wallace. FAs currently available... TY Hilton, Givens, Britt, or Boldin. Just need one more.

Damn dude, the rankings I use have Wallace as the 42nd ranked wr this week and Austin as the 60th. Boldin is 23rd going with a great matchup against Washington. So pick up Boldin and take the steady production.

And go with Romo. Flacco's on the road where he sucks.

Mountain Bronco
12-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the input folks. Leaning towards Luck, but am concerned that with it being a division game it will be tight and they will have a conservative game plan. Also, Newton has just been awful at times this year and all the criticism of him this week will either elevate his play or full tank mode. He is so boom of bust.

maven
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I suppose. The Bengals are playing well and have a pretty good run defense. Dallas can seem to never stick with the running game.... and well Denver is playing the Raiders......... Yeah, I suppose I should go with Murray.

If I do go with Murray than my two starting RBs would be Murray and Green Ellis so they would be playing each other! LOL... make for an interesting game for me.

I thought you were going to flex Murray. Who is your other RB's(in addition to the Law Firm)?

maven
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Damn dude, the rankings I use have Wallace as the 42nd ranked wr this week and Austin as the 60th. Boldin is 23rd going with a great matchup against Washington. So pick up Boldin and take the steady production.

And go with Romo. Flacco's on the road where he sucks.

Yep, go with Romo.

Agree with Boldin and possibly Givens(plays well with Amendola out).

gunns
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
The past 4 weeks in FF he has sucked.

In week 12, he was 1 pt less than Moreno in the league I'm in. I'm very much aware of him sucking last week as he's in 3 of my leagues. But comparatively to other WR's, a list which would be quite long, he hasn't sucked half as much as most of them. As far as Moreno, compared to other RB's, he sucks. And for the season, I'd take my chances on Decker over Moreno all the time. Ok, that was kind of a vent towards Moreno. I'm done.

Doggcow
12-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I have Jacquizz Vs. Carolina, Avery Vs Tennessee, and Brown Vs. SD...

PPR. It's a rough one for me.

I have Avery in there now.

Broncoman13
12-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Bryce Brown!

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2012, 05:25 PM
In week 12, he was 1 pt less than Moreno in the league I'm in. I'm very much aware of him sucking last week as he's in 3 of my leagues. But comparatively to other WR's, a list which would be quite long, he hasn't sucked half as much as most of them. As far as Moreno, compared to other RB's, he sucks. And for the season, I'd take my chances on Decker over Moreno all the time. Ok, that was kind of a vent towards Moreno. I'm done.

On that note, I'm going with Moreno:)

Obviously we dont know how the game will play out, but considering Denver is the better team, with a potentially explosive offense, its possible they may spend more time running it at the end of the game. I think Decker may have the higher ceiling this game, but if the past two contests are any indication, Knowshon's gonna get them touches.

maven
12-06-2012, 09:10 PM
If you had Moreno and started him, like I said, did you make the right decision by playing him?

ColoradoDarin
12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I picked up Moreno a couple of weeks ago, tonight was the first time he's been in my lineup - thanks for the 21 points Knowshon!

Requiem
12-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Playing Moreno in the flex was a great decision. That is why I am the #1 seed and kicking ass.

Aftermath
12-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I picked up Moreno a couple of weeks ago, tonight was the first time he's been in my lineup - thanks for the 21 points Knowshon!

The only reason he tore it up is because Im playing against him in my league. Every week this has happened. Dont be too confident!

lolcopter
12-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the fantasy boost Knowshon! Hell of a flex play this week

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I sat Decker, and will play DeMarco Murray instead so we'll see if he does anything.

LongDongJohnson
12-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Luck and Decker

Hilarious!

You two were saying?

gunns
12-07-2012, 12:22 PM
On that note, I'm going with Moreno:)

Obviously we dont know how the game will play out, but considering Denver is the better team, with a potentially explosive offense, its possible they may spend more time running it at the end of the game. I think Decker may have the higher ceiling this game, but if the past two contests are any indication, Knowshon's gonna get them touches.

Glad you didn't listen to me. I'm thrilled with Moreno's performance, I just am still pessimistic about it being long term. I hope I'm wrong about that too. Obviously this is why I tanked it in two of my FF leagues this year and unfortunately it was both my money leagues. Went against my own philosophy to not play with my heart, play with my head.

Denver Bronco56
12-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I had Decker, Moreno, Prater and the Broncos D last night in my league ended up with 55 points i think. Now just hoping my other guys show up and i should easily win this week in my playoffs

maven
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM
thank you seachickens defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys start Cam Newton like i said?

Murray finshed better than Decker as I said.

Boldin lit it up today as I and another poster predicted.

Requiem
12-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I scored 126 points so far and I ain't done yet. I went hard.

I would have taken anyone in the OM leagues to the woodshed.

11-3. Over 1400 points scored. Yes, that is more than 100 a week. I GO SO HHHHHAARRRD

Jekyll15Hyde
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
thank you seachickens defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys start Cam Newton like i said?

Murray finshed better than Decker as I said.

Boldin lit it up today as I and another poster predicted.

Those ****ers have busted me out in both leagues I am in, and in both cases, a #1 seed being taken out by a #8. Wow a combined record of 19-7 and it is all for not.

lolcopter
12-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Currently up 130-71 with brees and tynes still going, feels good man

Related side note, holy **** David Wilson

SonOfLe-loLang
12-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Im up 75 in my quarter final with Welker to go. I still face pettigrew, ridley, and Foster though.

Requiem
12-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Im up 75 in my quarter final with Welker to go. I still face pettigrew, ridley, and Foster though.

No way you blow that kind of lead.

maven
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
In one of my leagues I need a TE.

Looking @ Pitta or Scheffler. Leaning towards Schef.

Mountain Bronco
12-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Pitta has been coming on strong and with Schef you never know if he is going to be targeted or Petigrew so that is an issue.

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Scheff gets some looks with all the other TE banged up in Detroit but still i think i would go with Pitta. Even though Broncos closed Meyers down that was mostly because he stayed into block. Over the yr though broncos have given up plenty to the TE spot. Just my opinion though.

I was set at TE early in the yr when Vernon Davis was going off but now TE for me a mess. I started Dressen a couple times and got 1 good game out of him. Then I picked up brandon meyers and got several good games. I was lucky to win my playoff game with him throwing at a 0. I was saved by picking up Moreno and having the balls to start him over Ryan Mathews who has been a bust for me.

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 05:02 PM
So rg3 on the shelf most likely. Damn that really kills my team. Now I have to start Matt Ryan vs the Giants. I just dont think he is going to do that well vs them. Hell I am considering picking up Carson Palmer who someone dropped a week ago to make room for Bryce Brown on his roster.

What do you guys think Palmer vs the Chiefs, Or Matt Ryan vs the Giants?

SonOfLe-loLang
im trying to decide who i bench between spiller/moreno/r.bush right now.

cutthemdown
LOL but then I would be starting 2 Raiders and that can't be smart.

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=SonOfLe-loLang;3751352]im trying to decide who i bench between spiller/moreno/r.bush right now.[/QUOTE

Who are the Bills playing?

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 05:04 PM
My worry with Moreno, even though i will probably have to start him as my flex, is that ravens play physical and he has a history of leaving games banged up.

maven
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes with the Scheff pick it obviously depends if Pettigrew is down. Pitta will have a good game, then nothing.

I've noticed with Vernon Davis ever since Kap has taken over he's tanked. Myers had that huge game and like you said tossed a goose egg last week(unavailbale though)

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes with the Scheff pick it obviously depends if Pettigrew is down. Pitta will have a good game, then nothing.

I've noticed with Vernon Davis ever since Kap has taken over he's tanked. Myers had that huge game and like you said tossed a goose egg last week(unavailbale though)

Just my luck my TE are Davis and Meyers. I dropped Gresham from cincy earlier in the yr and that was probably a mistake.

Davis tanked way before they switched qbs though.

Detroit feeding CJ the ball because they are out of it and he has a chance to break Rices record.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=SonOfLe-loLang;3751352]im trying to decide who i bench between spiller/moreno/r.bush right now.[/QUOTE

Who are the Bills playing?

Seattle, but Fred Jackson is out this week.

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=cutthemdown;3751355]

Seattle, but Fred Jackson is out this week.

I would probably start Spiller just because Moreno is more of a flex option IMO. Spiller probably a low end 1, or a solid number 2 starting RB.

Also Spiller IMO capable of bigger plays.

maven
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
im trying to decide who i bench between spiller/moreno/r.bush right now.

Spiller goes against the seachickens, BUT Fred Jackson is done for the year.

To add: I have SPiller and if I had Moreno, I would run Spiller.

maven
12-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Just my luck my TE are Davis and Meyers. I dropped Gresham from cincy earlier in the yr and that was probably a mistake.

Detroit feeding CJ the ball because they are out of it and he has a chance to break Rices record.

I didn't think of that, but they do not have a lot of weapons on offense so Scheff should get a lot of targets(assuming pettiigrew is out).

maven
12-11-2012, 05:25 PM

A lot of people did that and he finally came on. There's really only been 3 TE's worth a **** this year and it was gronk, Gonzo, Graham. You could possibly throw in Heath Miller and Hernandez probably rotted on someone's bench all year.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Spiller goes against the seachickens, BUT Fred Jackson is done for the year.

To add: I have SPiller and if I had Moreno, I would run Spiller.

I think im gonna go Spiller too....but would you take Reggie Bush (against JAX) or Moreno

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Between Bush and Moreno, off the top of my head i would take Moreno. But i havent paid close attention to Bush last few weeks. I just feel when it comes down to being a close call go with the team that has the better offense/qb combination.

You almost know moreno will get a few redzone carries and a chance for a td. Miami sometimes doesnt get into the redzone but a few times a game.

Spiller over Moreno
Moreno over Reggie Bush

But what do you think.

Matt Ryan vs the Giants
Carson Palmer vs the Chiefs.

cutthemdown
12-11-2012, 07:05 PM
A lot of people did that and he finally came on. There's really only been 3 TE's worth a **** this year and it was gronk, Gonzo, Graham. You could possibly throw in Heath Miller and Hernandez probably rotted on someone's bench all year.

At the time i felt Vernon Davis had finally reached start every week no matter what zone. Wow I just cant believe an athletic stud like him doesnt get more involved. It makes me want to say the coaching staff in San Fran not that great when it comes to offense.

Does anyone doubt V Davis ability? Not me i would kill to see him with manning. Could you imagine a TE like that going down the seam drawing safetys away from DT? We should really think about that. Not Vernon Davis obviously but looking for a really athletic stud TE.

broncos-rock
12-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Who would you start Moreno/Murray/Charles/Morris? Can only start two. Defense between giants against falcons or Ravens against broncos. What do you think?

Thanks Guys!!

TD4HOF
12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
I'd go w Ryan over Palmer just based on overall rank.

Def agree w Spiller>Moreno>Bush.

I picked up Moreno right away n it saved me last week, started him over Mathews :)

OK, Brass Tacks:

RB (2) Murray, Moreno, Mathews, Alex Green?

WR (1) Hobbled Nicks, Britt w tough Jets passing D or Antonio Brown?

TE (1) Rudolph, Sheffler or V Davis?

Lotta money riding on this. Ahhh boy.

maven
12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
At the time i felt Vernon Davis had finally reached start every week no matter what zone. Wow I just cant believe an athletic stud like him doesnt get more involved. It makes me want to say the coaching staff in San Fran not that great when it comes to offense.

Does anyone doubt V Davis ability? Not me i would kill to see him with manning. Could you imagine a TE like that going down the seam drawing safetys away from DT? We should really think about that. Not Vernon Davis obviously but looking for a really athletic stud TE.

I look at the guys pulling the trigger. You have Smith and now Kap. And as you said the coaches aren't featuring him.

You add Vernon Davis to Denver, bam.

maven
12-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Matt Ryan vs the Giants

I just couldn't start Palmer for the playoffs knowing I have Matty Ice. The last Chiefs game Palmer didn't go for a lot of points. And I don't expect a high scoring affair thus affecting Palmer's statistics.

spdirty
12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
So rg3 on the shelf most likely. Damn that really kills my team. Now I have to start Matt Ryan vs the Giants. I just dont think he is going to do that well vs them. Hell I am considering picking up Carson Palmer who someone dropped a week ago to make room for Bryce Brown on his roster.

What do you guys think Palmer vs the Chiefs, Or Matt Ryan vs the Giants?

**** Palmer, save the roster spot and go Ryan and be confident about it. FBG has ryan as the 3rd best qb this week where Palmer is ranked 12th. You should feel good about having him as your backup qb.

maven
12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
I think im gonna go Spiller too....but would you take Reggie Bush (against JAX) or Moreno

My problem with Reggie is the touches. They just aren't there. He did all right against the Niners, but no TD. And as mentioned the Dolphins offense is awful. The only reason you would consider playing him is because the Jags are coming to town and Bush had some success last week.

I just like how Moreno gets the touches, which leads to opportunities and thus last week finally scored. Moreno could've had another TD if Franklin didn't blow his block on the goal line. Moreno is the back for Denver. More so than when Willis was carrying the rock. Young, fresh Moreno verus Willis who had to be spelled more(tired and older).

maven
12-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Who would you start Moreno/Murray/Charles/Morris? Can only start two. Defense between giants against falcons or Ravens against broncos. What do you think?

Thanks Guys!!

That's a nice set of quad RB's. Your defense matchups this week are bad though.

maven
12-11-2012, 09:44 PM
**** Palmer, save the roster spot and go Ryan and be confident about it. FBG has ryan as the 3rd best qb this week where Palmer is ranked 12th. You should feel good about having him as your backup qb.

That is one hell of a backup.

Hilarious!

spdirty
12-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I'd go w Ryan over Palmer just based on overall rank.

Def agree w Spiller>Moreno>Bush.

I picked up Moreno right away n it saved me last week, started him over Mathews :)

OK, Brass Tacks:

RB (2) Murray, Moreno, Mathews, Alex Green?

WR (1) Hobbled Nicks, Britt w tough Jets passing D or Antonio Brown?

TE (1) Rudolph, Sheffler or V Davis?

Lotta money riding on this. Ahhh boy.

Murray, Moreno, nicks, tight end, I'd lean to Davis, just because of the matchup.

spdirty
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Thanks Guys!!

Charles/Moreno. Drop One of those defenses, and grab Miami, jets, Cleveland, cincy, titans, or Detroit off the waiver wire.

maven
12-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Charles/Moreno. Drop One of those defenses, and grab Miami, jets, Cleveland, cincy, titans, or Detroit off the waiver wire.

I'd also wanna know who his WR's are because I would consider flexing a RB. You could easily run any of those backs.

The Skins could lean heavily on Morris or with Cousins starting Cleveland throws everything to stop the run.

I like Murray versus the Steelers since both are battling for playoffs.

Charles could have a wild day versus Oakland.

Moreno will get the touches and could be in for a big game.

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 02:01 AM

Yeah i have decided. Besides he was my starter when i drafted him. I will trust my original thoughts on him and hope he doesnt have one of the stinkers he had a few times late in season this yr.

But what do i do if the reports suddenly say rg3 playing?

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm going to drop the Jets defense, grab Detroit. The cards look absolutley horrible trying to protect the QB and Skelton isnt that good. I think 3 sacks and a turnover is a minimum expectation.

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 02:07 AM

Thanks Guys!!

Dont start a defense vs Manning. Every once in awhile he takes sacks and throws picks but not very often. I would go with giants but matt ryan might take care of ball well in that one. Work the waiver wire for the jets or the lions if you can and play the matchups vs Titans or Ariz.

RB i would go with Charles and Morris IMO. Charles is an every week starter just because he literally can go 80 yrds on any defense. He wont every week, but he does them in bunches. Morris runs so hard and with rg3 banged up he gets a boatload of work.

I like Moreno and I have to start him because Ryan Mathews just unplayable IMO now. But i worry about Moreno taking a hit and getting his mangina twisted into the hot tub for some rehab.

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
If I can win 2 more games and win this thing it will be at least 1500 bucks.

spdirty
12-12-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm going to drop the Jets defense, grab Detroit. The cards look absolutley horrible trying to protect the QB and Skelton isnt that good. I think 3 sacks and a turnover is a minimum expectation.

Yeah Detroit and Miami look like the top 2 defenses this week.

If RG3 plays go Ryan. Hopefully the Giants put up the points and force the Falcons to throw. It's the playoffs. They have a tough matchup at Cleveland. It's not worth the risk. I have Ryan in all 3 of my leagues so I know how much it sucks when he throws up a stinker. But it's the best safest play for you.

spdirty
12-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Damnit, freaking Gates really screwed me this year. So at tight end I have Gates and Pitta, and can grab Pett, Olsen, Scheff, Tamme, or Dreesen.

I grabbed Pitta, just because we suck against opposing tight ends. But Olsen is starting to look good, has had a solid last couple weeks. Has been getting plenty of targets lately.

maven
12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Damnit, freaking Gates really screwed me this year. So at tight end I have Gates and Pitta, and can grab Pett, Olsen, Scheff, Tamme, or Dreesen.

I grabbed Pitta, just because we suck against opposing tight ends. But Olsen is starting to look good, has had a solid last couple weeks. Has been getting plenty of targets lately.

Broncos have allowed just one touchdown in the last four games giving up an average of 34.8 yards per game to TEs.

I picked up Pitta/Schef. Will wait on if Pettigrew is out.

maven
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
If I can win 2 more games and win this thing it will be at least 1500 bucks.

So close I can taste the $$$$$$$$. My opponent has Dez Bryant. Not sure if he's going to play and as of now he's already benched him.

maven
12-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I have David wilson on the pine. Wondering if Bradshaw is out will I start him over Spiller. Decisions decisions.

mkporter
12-12-2012, 11:40 AM
But what do you think.

Matt Ryan vs the Giants

Gotta go Ryan. I've had him all year, and while he's been unreliable recently, he's still a better option.

TD4HOF
12-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Murray, Moreno, nicks, tight end, I'd lean to Davis, just because of the matchup.

Yeah the RBs are rather easy...TEs a crapshoot...am very wary of Nicks..reports out of NY saying he's really hurting. Got a gut feeling about Antonio Brown but it'll suck if Nicks does better from the bench.

TD4HOF
12-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I have David wilson on the pine. Wondering if Bradshaw is out will I start him over Spiller. Decisions decisions.

Isn't F Jackson hurt? Spiller is the pick...defenses will be more ready for Wilson now.

spiralism
12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Right, I'm in my fantasy league semi as top seed and have Garcon, Jennings, Decker, Austin and Colston as WRs available.. What two do i go with? Using Moreno as Flex so i'm just picking two as imo my WR stable is a serious flaw - it's pretty crap in all fairness.

Rest of team is Newton at QB, Rice and Charles RBs, Gonzalez TE, Prater K and Broncos DEF, im fairly happy with the rest of the lineup but in a real pickle as to who i go with at WR

Mountain Bronco
12-12-2012, 12:36 PM
All of your WR are all solid, but inconsistent. Garcon has been good lately though, but with RGIII uncertain he is a tough play. Decker is inconsistent as well as of late, not getting in the endzone. Austin and Colston are also both hit or miss and on teams with lots of WR, but Austin could have upside now.

spiralism
12-12-2012, 01:52 PM
All of your WR are all solid, but inconsistent. Garcon has been good lately though, but with RGIII uncertain he is a tough play. Decker is inconsistent as well as of late, not getting in the endzone. Austin and Colston are also both hit or miss and on teams with lots of WR, but Austin could have upside now.

Im leaning Austin/Colston for that reason. Hoping Colston sees targets against TB's garbage pass defence but the others im not sure of at all. Jennings has been a total bust for me and has done little other than repeatedly piss me off. I know well im going to bench the **** against Chicago though and he'll come up with 140 yds and 2 TDs. Decker has done the square root of **** all since about week ten now. Garcon was looking good til RG3 got hurt, now i don't trust him with Cousins possibly throwing to him and Haden on shutdown duty. Austin is very risky against that Steelers D too though. Ugh. Not only that but my friend who was one spot above me in waiver priority picked up Danario Alexander for his 5th place playoff semifinal. FML

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 01:54 PM

I played Meyers thinking the same thing last week. Then Oak left TE in to block on 21 pass plays lol. Oh well. How is Balt at protecting the strong side? Will Pitta have to block all day? maybe teams are giving up the TE to save the QB? broncos may not be a feast for TE anymore.

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 01:59 PM
So close I can taste the $$$$$$$$. My opponent has Dez Bryant. Not sure if he's going to play and as of now he's already benched him.

The teams in my league really strong because its a 3 player keeper. Same 12 guys going on 15 yrs now. The league is 20 yrs old. I take that back there have been about 3-4 new guys come in over the last 15 since i joined, but they have to take over the existing franchise, so really the keeper aspect never changes.

I am worried because my opponent this week has Brady, but hes going against san fran so maybe he gets slowed down.

Also he has Foster, but he is finally losing carried to tate and IMO they are sort of saving him for playoffs. I bet foster only gets 18-20 carries.

I have a good chance but my main guys are Marshall and Calvin Johnson, jammal Charles. i will have to have big games from them again to win. They have been great most of the yr but i am worried about Cutler being dinged.

phibacka31
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Here's the situation...

I've got: Decker, Nicks, Torrey smith and could pick up Denario Alexander if i chose to. Which two? I've got ray rice and Martin at RB, Brady at QB, Myers at TE, Denver D, Justin Tucker K

Aftermath
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
need advice: 12 team PPR
QB - Luck or Kaepernick
RB - good here, got Lynch and Rice
WR - which 4 - DT/Fitzgerald/Nicks/Jennings/Harvin/D.Alexander/Givens
TE - Im good here got Gresham if hes healthy

so basically what QB and what 4 WRs

Aftermath
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Here's the situation...

I've got: Decker, Nicks, Torrey smith and could pick up Denario Alexander if i chose to. Which two? I've got ray rice and Martin at RB, Brady at QB, Myers at TE, Denver D, Justin Tucker K

I like Alexander alot, more than Smith. But thats just me.

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 10:37 PM
need advice: 12 team PPR
QB - Luck or Kaepernick
RB - good here, got Lynch and Rice
WR - which 4 - DT/Fitzgerald/Nicks/Jennings/Harvin/D.Alexander/Givens
TE - Im good here got Gresham if hes healthy

so basically what QB and what 4 WRs

I would stick with Luck, you know he isn't getting benched. WR Harvin/Jennings on the shelf right? Nicks banged up Fitz on a horrid offense. I still think with what you have DT/Fitz/D.Alexander/Nicks

Aftermath
12-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Jennings has been back for 2 weeks now. With Nelson out, they have to throw to somebody besides Cobb. I dunno maybe hes still hurt. But Fitzgerald gets like 1 point a week lol.
Thanks

JCMElway
12-12-2012, 11:17 PM
OK all,

Brandon Myers vs. KC, or J Gresham @ Philly?

Wes Mantooth
12-13-2012, 01:17 AM
OK all,

Gresham.

Broncoman13
12-13-2012, 06:06 AM
OK all,

I would probably go with Gresham as well.

My question... Flacco vs Broncos or Romo vs Steelers?

Also, need two WRs. Miles Austin, Amendola, Wallace, Boldin, Givens, Golden Tate or I could pick up Britt off waivers. Thinking Austin and Wallace.

Semi final game for me as well and worth big money! Win this week and I am guaranteed at least $400. Winner should take home around $900. Third place will take home around $200 or so, but the two teams in the other division are stronger... Team I am playing against this week has RGIII who has really carried him. Love RGIII, but wouldn't mind if he were stuck in the pocket this week and had a 10 point game!!!

Baba Booey
12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
For the life of me I cannot decide between Dalton and Kaepernick. Please, God, help me out.

SoDak Bronco
12-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Here are my big question marks with Gronk out... Dallas Clark or Scheffler,
Wr's- Decker, Cobb, Torrey Smith,bench.. Dez Bryant, Greg Jennings
Rb's- Ray Rice, Alfred Morris...bench Knowshon, Mathews
Kicker- prater or I could pick up Hanson
Def-Detroit or Houston

SoDak Bronco
12-13-2012, 09:30 AM
For the life of me I cannot decide between Dalton and Kaepernick. Please, God, help me out.

I would go Kapernick, New England will give up some big TD runs to him, he has more upside IMO

Smiling Assassin27
12-13-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/

broncos-rock
12-13-2012, 11:41 AM

I've got another dilemma for wo....britt, Bryant, or Torrey smith? No flex spot in our league.
Picked up the giants defense but bengals or Titans are still available. Thoughts?

Baba Booey
12-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Go with the Bengals. Their d-line will wreak havoc.

I'm weary of starting Bryce Brown for that very reason, but I have no choice.

Smiling Assassin27
12-13-2012, 11:49 AM
giants have to go to atlanta where the falcons can run it up in bunches--see denver game. bengals are the pick going against a rookie qb and d-jax out and the team basically mailing it in. oh yeah, and the bengals defense is really good.

i don't see britt having a great day this week with cromartie on him. bryant's gonna have trouble catching and holding the ball even if romo puts it on the money. smith won't have an easy day but boldin's been a beast lately and will be the focus of the broncos' db's, IMO. Smith might get loose for a couple of big gainers, cuz they will take shots.

spdirty
12-13-2012, 11:59 AM
I've got another dilemma for wo....britt, Bryant, or Torrey smith? No flex spot in our league.
Picked up the giants defense but bengals or Titans are still available. Thoughts?

Torrey and bengals. The Torrey one is easy, but those defense options aren't the best. And my advice is just based off of the rankings I use.

broncos-rock
12-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Garçon was available so I picked him up! Guess I will start him and Torrey smith

Requiem
12-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Semi-Finals Game. Playing a guy I have decimated twice. He is riding Adrian Peterson hard. Other than that he doesn't really have much.

QB: Newton, Dalton
RB: Forte, S. Jackson, Moreno, M. Bush (Cut DeAngelo Williams, Andre Brown went on IR)
WR: Marshall, Garcon, M. Wallace, M. Williams
TE: V. Davis
K: Jason Hanson, Blair Walsh
ST/D: Bears
Head Coach: John Fox, Denver Broncos (5 points for a win)

I need advice on my two RB (not even considering Bush) and my two WR/Flex option. Bold is who I am going with, but I am not sure on Jackson. Any advice would be appreciated. Winner of this game is guaranteed at least $200.

You also get additional $ if you win Total Points and if you have the most points scored per category thru the whole season. I'm tops in Defense, second for kicker (behind the guy who has New England), Top 2 for WR and Flex.

Any help would be appreciated.

SoDak Bronco
12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Garçon was available so I picked him up! Guess I will start him and Torrey smith

How is Garçon available in your league??!! Lol that is crazy

gyldenlove
12-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Dennis Pitta or Chris Givens?

Smiling Assassin27
12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Dennis Pitta or Chris Givens?

ppr or standard?

i think pitta's gonna get a lot of catches on sunday. givens is the only deep threat so will probably get yards and big plays.

mkporter
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Ok guys, here's another:

-Decker or Lance Moore (vs TB) --My league has a stronger weight towards receiving yards (1pt per 8yds)

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL any league that drafts a coach as a position if friggin lame.

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Ok guys, here's another:

-Decker or Lance Moore (vs TB) --My league has a stronger weight towards receiving yards (1pt per 8yds)

I'd go with moore. Decker cooling off and Moore facing the bucs crappy pass d. Sure Ravens aren't great but i think Broncos will try and run the ball as much as they can, while New Orleans is throwing 40 times a game. Also Bucs good against run so Moore will see lots of action in the passing game. He probably gets 6-10 targets. Now what he does with them is fantasy roll the dice.

Requiem
12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
LOL any league that drafts a coach as a position if friggin lame.

Troll harder bitch!

Hercules Rockefeller
12-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Flex spot- Wayne against the Texans or Alfred Morris against Cleveland

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 03:05 PM
LOL at having a coach for a position. Don't get mad that its stupid.

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Are you a ppr? Also what coach are you starting? Hilarious!

maven
12-13-2012, 04:39 PM

I have to admit, I haven't seen that b4?

maven
12-13-2012, 04:39 PM

Now that is an interesting dilemma...

Smiling Assassin27
12-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Now that is an interesting dilemma...

not great options but the browns are a bad ass defense. without rg3, they're just gonna play run and dare kirk cousins to beat 'em. Luck has the most pass attempts in the league, so he's gonna look for Wayne a lot, IMO.

maven
12-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok guys, here's another:

Decker has been **** for the past 5 weeks(1 TD past 5 games). Bigger knock on Decker is his yards are putrid. Ravens do not feature great corners and the game could be high scoring.

Now what happened with Moore last week? Just sucked along with Colston. But, at least Moore if he doesn't get a TD can grab some yards. Have to like the matchup with Moore at home versus the Bucs(horrible pass defense). Saints run offense is horrible so they will have to pass. Maybe throw in the bounty being over the team is more cheered up.

maven
12-13-2012, 04:53 PM
not great options but the browns are a bad ass defense. without rg3, they're just gonna play run and dare kirk cousins to beat 'em. Luck has the most pass attempts in the league, so he's gonna look for Wayne a lot, IMO.

I agree with this. If Cousins is starting, all focus should be to stop the skins ground game.

I'm just a heavy RB guy and always prefer them(flex as well). But, as you mentioned this looks like Reggie Wayne is the clear choice. Would really have to think if RG3 plays.

maven
12-13-2012, 04:54 PM

And if the Texans get up on them HEAVY passing by Luck to bail the Colts out to try and win.

maven
12-13-2012, 05:03 PM
How is Garçon available in your league??!! Lol that is crazy

How was Denario Alexander available as someone else mentioned?Hilarious! I've been riding that mofo forever. Credit Norv Turner for finding another giant WR.

Broncobiv
12-13-2012, 05:28 PM
PPR league, 1 point/10 yards

Last week I sat Decker in favor of Moreno. Worked out great, even though Decker had a good PPR game. This week, I think I'll do the same...do you agree? Even though Decker finally came back to life last week with 8/88, Moreno still has the guaranteed touches.

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 05:38 PM
If you are PPR go with Wayne over Morris. I don't think Housten defense playing well and Browns are better then people think. With rg3 hobbled and Garcon the only pass option they may be able to load up to stop the run. But really this is a close call to make. Just be happy you have 2 good options, both of which will probably score 10 fantasy points at least.

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I have to admit, I haven't seen that b4?

There is a reason you haven't seen it b4. It's lame.

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Requiems league also has a position for owner. You get 5 points when their team wins just like the coach! Next yr they plan on adding a position for GM. Req is against it though he wants to add oline positions and give points based on pancake blocks.

Requiem
12-13-2012, 08:34 PM

Why is it stupid?

This is a league that has been going on since the early 90s, back when it was all on paper and figured out by hand, long before anyone here was going on Yahoo or ESPN doing their PPR leagues online. It was the league my dad used to be in. My boss happens to run the league, and is friends with my dad, so he invited me to take the place of a person who no longer worked where we do. So I did.

I think having a coach is a unique aspect to the game. Handfuls of games have been decided this year on whether or not the team someone had won or lost. It is an added dimension and it also implicates draft strategies. It also is another way to score cash -- if you pick the team who has the most regular season wins -- you get the pool of cash associated with the head coaching position.

It was not something I created or came up on my own. It was decided long ago when I was picking studs like Randy Moss, Carl Pickens, etc.

I really enjoy the league. It is tradition and brings up good memories of my father and I growing up. I was always excited to visit him on the weekends and get the latest FF league print off that had hand drawn covers of the match-ups and personalized characters that were based off your team name. Pretty cool if you ask me.

But if you insist on being a petty asshole, be my guest. It is just a matter of time before you make fun of the death of an NFL player and get another vacation. :)

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 09:29 PM
You are right about one thing i probably will get banned again. Good try though trying to blame your dad so i would say something about him and get banned. Keep trolling. :)

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Which one was it that did it for you Req? The I hope its not Charles I need him in fantasy tommorrow, or the other one. Because Charles got me like 15 points and I won my game! I may have been banned but i was happy! So far this week i am going againt Bryce Brown and he is laying an egg right now!

As far as your league goes whatever is fun I guess is ok. So i take back it being lame ok! it's just silly but as long as Req has funsies its all good.

cutthemdown
12-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Ok Req I bet i can go longer without being a douchy dickhead then you can. We will see who can go longer without disrespecting someone or being an asshole.

Requiem
12-14-2012, 07:08 AM
You are right about one thing i probably will get banned again. Good try though trying to blame your dad so i would say something about him and get banned. Keep trolling. :)

You do not have very good reading comprehension. There was no blame placed. I was merely pointing out that the rules established for this league happened two decades ago. I had no input on the manner because I was 5 years old when it started.

So I ask you once again, why is having a head coach/team dumb? How is it any different than having a team's special teams or defense? People who have the Texans, Pats, Broncos, Falcons, etc. have more points because of wins from those teams than some people do who put out horrendous defenses -- like a guy who has started the Saints every game. Some games are close, some games are blowouts. In the games that are decided by 5 points or less, who you have as a coach plays an important role on whether or not you win or lose. Makes the league unique.

As I said before, you don't have a reason for it being "stupid." You are just being your usual self. Zebras can't change their stripes, eh?

Smiling Assassin27
12-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Josh Freeman (v New Orleans) or Aaron Rodgers (v Da Bears)?

Freeman's going against the worst pass d in the league but the Bears d is in shambles right now too.

maven
12-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Josh Freeman (v New Orleans) or Aaron Rodgers (v Da Bears)?

Freeman's going against the worst pass d in the league but the Bears d is in shambles right now too.

Could Freeman have a bigger game? Why yes. If I had money on the line since we are in the playoffs? I'm going with Rodgers because I trust him more. Matchup regardless.

maven
12-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Isn't F Jackson hurt? Spiller is the pick...defenses will be more ready for Wilson now.

I doubt I will make the switch, but Wilson running the ball if Bradshaw is out can put up big #s. There is nobody behind Wilson if Bradshaw is down. I've been riding the Spiller horse all year so why change now, right? Just a possible switch I'm contemplating.

gyldenlove
12-14-2012, 12:45 PM
ppr or standard?

i think pitta's gonna get a lot of catches on sunday. givens is the only deep threat so will probably get yards and big plays.

ppr with custom scoring.

Smiling Assassin27
12-14-2012, 01:00 PM
ppr with custom scoring.

it looks like amendola's gonna play, which means he'll probably get most of hte targets from bradford and most of the catches. if amendola's out, givens becomes a better option.

Doggcow
12-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I doubt I will make the switch, but Wilson running the ball if Bradshaw is out can put up big #s. There is nobody behind Wilson if Bradshaw is down. I've been riding the Spiller horse all year so why change now, right? Just a possible switch I'm contemplating.

Do you not have a flex position? I feel like Spiller has been an RB1/2 all year and Wilson would easily replace someone's flex.

maven
12-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Do you not have a flex position? I feel like Spiller has been an RB1/2 all year and Wilson would easily replace someone's flex.

Spiller is my flex. And he is a RB1/RB2 quality player. I have like what Wilson has shown. Fresh legs and the potential to be the only guy has me intrigued.

cutthemdown
12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
You do not have very good reading comprehension. There was no blame placed. I was merely pointing out that the rules established for this league happened two decades ago. I had no input on the manner because I was 5 years old when it started.

So I ask you once again, why is having a head coach/team dumb? How is it any different than having a team's special teams or defense? People who have the Texans, Pats, Broncos, Falcons, etc. have more points because of wins from those teams than some people do who put out horrendous defenses -- like a guy who has started the Saints every game. Some games are close, some games are blowouts. In the games that are decided by 5 points or less, who you have as a coach plays an important role on whether or not you win or lose. Makes the league unique.

As I said before, you don't have a reason for it being "stupid." You are just being your usual self. Zebras can't change their stripes, eh?

The reason I feel it is dumb is because coaches don't go on the field and play. Special teams and defenses, ummm they actually go on the field and play football.

Requiem
12-14-2012, 02:37 PM
The reason I feel it is dumb is because coaches don't go on the field and play. Special teams and defenses, ummm they actually go on the field and play football.

Coaches coach the game, which is an important aspect of football. Gameplans have an immense impact on the outcome of games. Players are responsible for execution of such plan. You can stop being petulant whenever you please. Trying to bait me into a pissing contest on something I had no control over in fantasy football is childish. Grow up.

Smiling Assassin27
12-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Bradshaw officially out.

New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons after missing practice for a third straight day with knee and foot injuries.

Broncoman13
12-14-2012, 04:13 PM
We had coaches in the OM league about 10 years ago... It was fun. I liked it.

maven
12-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Bradshaw officially out.

nice! It gives me options.

maven
12-14-2012, 10:41 PM
We had coaches in the OM league about 10 years ago... It was fun. I liked it.

There are games you win by a point, lose by a point. Throw in a coach it adds some strategy. I wouldn't completely overhaul my strategy, but it would make you select one eventually. You wouldn't want to end up with Dennis Allen.:~ohyah!:

cutthemdown
12-14-2012, 10:53 PM
The best way to break ties in fantasy is to just go to the bench and each team picks highest scoring player.

Broncoman13
12-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Why not bench scoring as opposed to a single player?

cutthemdown
12-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Why not bench scoring as opposed to a single player?

I have seen that as well.

Aftermath
12-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Miami or St. Louis? And Luck or Kaepernick?

cutthemdown
12-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Miami or St. Louis? And Luck or Kaepernick?

Both Miami and St Louis playing teams who give up points to defense/ST

For some reason I would go with the Fish. Mostly because i see Adrain Peterson having a big day and maybe Ponder not throwing much.

Hard to sit luck but the Texans defense better then NE made them look. Also NE defense really not that good so Kaepernick probably scores some points even in a loss.

Looking at my site i use, who i think are very good, they say Miami and Luck and I would probably have to agree with that.

Broncoman13
12-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Need WR help. Need to start two.

Wallace
Austin
Amendola
Boldin
Givens
Tate

Wondering if Champ will be matched up on Boldin? Kind of have a feeling that JDR may decide to put the faster Carter on Torrey Smith with help over the top and then Champ on Boldin. Thoughts?

spiralism
12-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Posted earlier about a receiver dilemma i had.

Went with Colston and Garcon but with RGIII out im strongly reconsidering the latter. Kirk Cousins throwing and Haden covering is a serious worry.

So my options are for WR2:
Decker
Garcon
Jennings
Austin

Thoughts? Difficult choice..

maven
12-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Posted earlier about a receiver dilemma i had.

Went with Colston and Garcon but with RGIII out im strongly reconsidering the latter. Kirk Cousins throwing and Haden covering is a serious worry.

So my options are for WR2:
Decker
Garcon
Jennings
Austin

Thoughts? Difficult choice..

I would have went with Austin, but now it looks like Dez is going to play. Who are you leaning towards?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Roddy white is active. Gotta play him right?

Boobs McGee
12-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Gotta play roddy white yes!

Here's a question, kaepernick or Eli Manning? Does the rookie qb shine? The person im playing has two giants receivers starting.

spiralism
12-16-2012, 10:12 AM
I would have went with Austin, but now it looks like Dez is going to play. Who are you leaning towards?

Decker. Pitt have too good a D for Austin to get much imo but was thinking about it, with Dez likely in i don't like it. Even if Romo isnt throwing much to Dez he's just going to look for Witten. Baltimore's secondary is in rag order and id like to think Decker will remove his head from his ass now. Jennings is a downfield threat, not much good with Rodgers getting about 2 seconds to throw - he goes to cobb with the short stuff.

BigPlayShay
12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Aaron Rodgers (@ Bears), or josh Freeman (@ NOLA) today?

spiralism
12-16-2012, 10:24 AM

Freeman all day. Rodgers tends to beat CHI but doesnt put up huge numbers. Freeman had a ridiculous outing in week 7 against the Saints garbage defence

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 10:24 AM

Wat

Why do you even carry 2QBs with Rodgers rostered? Rookie mistake

BigPlayShay
12-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Wat

Why do you even carry 2QBs with Rodgers rostered? Rookie mistake

League rules that you carry 2 @ the position.

Had Freeman in the lineup. I'll stick with that, thanks spiral.

maven
12-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Gotta play roddy white yes!

Here's a question, kaepernick or Eli Manning? Does the rookie qb shine? The person im playing has two giants receivers starting.

Manning. Kap hasn't shown me anything worth starting.

maven
12-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Decker. Pitt have too good a D for Austin to get much imo but was thinking about it, with Dez likely in i don't like it. Even if Romo isnt throwing much to Dez he's just going to look for Witten. Baltimore's secondary is in rag order and id like to think Decker will remove his head from his ass now. Jennings is a downfield threat, not much good with Rodgers getting about 2 seconds to throw - he goes to cobb with the short stuff.

It's a tough one and I don't like your options, but I can't disagree with your pick.

To add: I'm sure you're debating the boom/bust with Decker.

Boobs McGee
12-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Manning. Kap hasn't shown me anything worth starting.

I thought the same thing at first, but then I look at the matchups. Atlanta's pass defense is stout, NE's D is suspect. Eli has been decent in the past few weeks, but production wise, so has Kaepernick. AND the person I have is starting two giants receivers, so any points are almost negated if he throws TD's. ****.

spiralism
12-16-2012, 10:43 AM
It's a tough one and I don't like your options, but I can't disagree with your pick.

To add: I'm sure you're debating the boom/bust with Decker.

It's rotten yes, im the top seed and i really want this, i do not want to bomb out Atlanta Falcons style.

Certainly am, i'm only hoping he's due more than anything. 8 or 9 points wouldnt be disastrous if the slack is picked up elsewhere.

Broncoman13
12-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Boldin, Austin, Amendola or Givens?

Requiem
12-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Pick Three: Knowshon Moreno, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Pierre Garcon or Mike Williams (Tampa Bay)

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Broncoman13
12-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Pick Three: Knowshon Moreno, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Pierre Garcon or Mike Williams (Tampa Bay)

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Knowshon, Wallace, BMarsh. BMarsh will bounce back I think. 70 yards and a TD.

Broncoman13
12-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Boldin, Austin, Amendola or Givens?

Anybody, please! Just need one more to go with Wallace. Help fast!!!

Requiem
12-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Knowshon, Wallace, BMarsh. BMarsh will bounce back I think. 70 yards and a TD.

Marshall had more than that last week. He had like 22 points. Or do you mean against the last time he played GB?

That is who I decided to roll with (had in). I can't justify Garcon with RGIII out -- even though Cousins tossed him a TD and Williams is usually hit or miss -- but he is playing the Saints.

maven
12-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Marshall had more than that last week. He had like 22 points. Or do you mean against the last time he played GB?

That is who I decided to roll with (had in). I can't justify Garcon with RGIII out -- even though Cousins tossed him a TD and Williams is usually hit or miss -- but he is playing the Saints.

Moreno, Marshall, Wallace. Roth actually looks for him. Garcon against Haden and new QB. I would say you made the right choice.

maven
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Anybody, please! Just need one more to go with Wallace. Help fast!!!

Boldin or Austin.

maven
12-16-2012, 11:07 AM
I thought the same thing at first, but then I look at the matchups. Atlanta's pass defense is stout, NE's D is suspect. Eli has been decent in the past few weeks, but production wise, so has Kaepernick. AND the person I have is starting two giants receivers, so any points are almost negated if he throws TD's. ****.

Eli just tossed a picHilarious! Who did you go with?

To add: It's early.

Requiem
12-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Third and one and you throw? GTFO.

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 11:31 AM
League rules that you carry 2 @ the position.

Had Freeman in the lineup. I'll stick with that, thanks spiral.

Good luck with that

maven
12-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Decker no TD, then Moreno no TD.

Requiem
12-16-2012, 11:57 AM
**** Adrian Peterson.

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Such a freak

Boobs McGee
12-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Eli just tossed a picHilarious! Who did you go with?

To add: It's early.

Thankfully went with Kaepernick! Eli is on my bench with -1 right now Hahaha.

maven
12-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Thankfully went with Kaepernick! Eli is on my bench with -1 right now Hahaha.

smart move. I have the giants on and they are playing that jeckyl and hyde. Today, just awful.

Boobs McGee
12-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Ya, they've been really hit or miss this year it seems fantasy wise. I didnt play their D Either, went witj the skins at the last minute!

Requiem
12-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I failed today. Blair Walsh is on my bench. Started Jason Hanson.

maven
12-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I failed today. Blair Walsh is on my bench. Started Jason Hanson.

7 points so far. Nothing crazy.

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Why are you carrying two kickers? jfc

Requiem
12-16-2012, 12:52 PM
7 points so far. Nothing crazy.

15 in our league. Longer field goals are worth more points. Dude I am playing has Decker and Peterson. Houston's D/ST -- I'm getting raped. Down by about 25. I can only hope Cam Newton goes crazy.

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 01:57 PM
omg AP

lolcopter
12-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Good call ITT about starting Freeman over Rodgers

BigPlayShay
12-16-2012, 03:25 PM

Yup, it cost me.

broncos-rock
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the advice going to the Shedra bowl next week.....:strong:

Aftermath
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Had a pretty good year. My 3 teams all made the semi-finals. Lost 2 today and won 1. So 1 team in championship and 2 in the 3rd place game. Dude I was playing in my big money league had RG3 and picked up Bradford at the last minute. Boy did that ruin my day, the guy currently has 167 points lol.

lolcopter
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm riding Knowshon all the way to a championship victory

BOOM BABY

Br0nc0Buster
12-17-2012, 11:35 AM
I am generally of the opinion that you dance with the ones who got you there, but I am considering benching Trent Richardson in favor of Knowshon Moreno for the championship game

The other RBs I usually start are Doug Martin and Marshawn Lynch, and I wont be benching either of them

Decisions decisions

I only benched Richardson once and that was when he played at Balt, but he put up over 100 yards and a touch so I am afraid to bench him again

lolcopter
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I would bench lynch against SF over t-rich for sure

I currently am starting SF d/st @ SEA, but strongly considering NYG @ balt

Edit: nvm lynch has been on a tear lately

SoDak Bronco
12-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Won by 4 pts after he had Shonn Green in tr game, pumped I made the
Championship, hoping Gronk plays this week!

cutthemdown
12-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I lost 107-111 Oh well see ya next yr.

broncos-rock
12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Need a defense for the championship.....I have cinci and they are playing Pittsburgh. Available are giants, chargers, Falcons, or redskins. Any advice?

Aftermath
12-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Need a defense for the championship.....I have cinci and they are playing Pittsburgh. Available are giants, chargers, Falcons, or redskins. Any advice?

I like Carolina/Miami/ and Indy just cuz they are playing the Queefs!

Aftermath
12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Hell, SD or NYJ will probably be good as well. Both their offenses are atrocious.

Broncobiv
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
1 PPR, 1 point 10 yards, 6 points TD

For the past couple of weeks, my decision has been between Moreno and Decker. This week, with both playing so well and going against the Browns at home, I'm starting them both.

But this means I need to bench one of my former starters. So, who would you start between:

Trent Richardson @ DEN (would never think about benching him, but Denver's D is stout and he is not getting good yardage lately...TD's have been plentiful, however).
Reggie Wayne @ KC (usually a very good PPR play but has only averaged 4 catches/game over the past 3, and failed to reach 10 points in 2 of those games)

Aftermath
12-19-2012, 08:44 PM
I'd go with Wayne bc of PPR. I just can't see Trich getting a bunch of yards. But he may score. That's a tough one.

maven
12-19-2012, 08:51 PM
1 PPR, 1 point 10 yards, 6 points TD

For the past couple of weeks, my decision has been between Moreno and Decker. This week, with both playing so well and going against the Browns at home, I'm starting them both.

But this means I need to bench one of my former starters. So, who would you start between:

Trent Richardson @ DEN (would never think about benching him, but Denver's D is stout and he is not getting good yardage lately...TD's have been plentiful, however).
Reggie Wayne @ KC (usually a very good PPR play but has only averaged 4 catches/game over the past 3, and failed to reach 10 points in 2 of those games)

Richardson is a viable threat in the red zone to score TD's. Wayne has been all over the map this year. Not seeing a ton of output because I expect them to win. CB will be Flowers on him.

Me, I would go Richardson/Wayne/Moreno

maven
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Have to look at the matchups. I would bench Cincy. I like Chargers from that list.

maven
12-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I lost 107-111 Oh well see ya next yr.

No payout for 3rd place?

maven
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM

I currently am starting SF d/st @ SEA, but strongly considering NYG @ balt

Edit: nvm lynch has been on a tear lately

Neither are good options on Defense for you.

maven
12-19-2012, 09:00 PM

It's FF. But, I would never have started Freeman over Rodgers. Freeman is well Freeman.

maven
12-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm riding Knowshon all the way to a championship victory

BOOM BABY

Pretty crazy isn't it. I couldn't have picked him up in my leagues. I'm sure those who did are ballin.

maven
12-19-2012, 09:02 PM

NEVER for this year.

Broncobiv
12-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Richardson is a viable threat in the red zone to score TD's. Wayne has been all over the map this year. Not seeing a ton of output because I expect them to win. CB will be Flowers on him.

Me, I would go Richardson/Wayne/Moreno

Just to clarify (based on your explanation and negative view this week towards Wayne), did you mean Richardson/Decker/Moreno? Thanks!

broncswin
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
QB dillema: stafford, Schaub, Wilson...need1

Flex: Moreno, Wayne, sproles...need1

WR: megatron, Wayne, roddy...need 2

Non ppr.......championship game!!

maven
12-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Just to clarify (based on your explanation and negative view this week towards Wayne), did you mean Richardson/Decker/Moreno? Thanks!

Yes, I did contradict somewhat of what I'm saying. I'm just not sold on Decker and would go with Wayne. Now Haden, I presume, plays DT thus freeing up Decker.

It's a choice you have to make. As we have seen if DT gets bottled up/not making catches Manning moves immediately to Decker and targets him. Now do you see Wayne as a "second" receiver on the Colts team? That is your answer(he's not). Though I'm sure you are aware of the dud he put up last week, especially seeing how they had to throw.

broncswin
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM

maven
12-19-2012, 09:37 PM

Quick take:

Stafford
Moreno
CJ, Wayne

Have to watch White since he's injured. Sproles against Dallas he can put up points. Schaub is a possibility as well.

I would have to research more.

broncswin
12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Ya...have fought this all year... Peterson and Martin have bailed me out on most weeks

maven
12-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Ya...have fought this all year... Peterson and Martin have bailed me out on most weeks

I wouldn't call them bailing you out. Excellent runners and the team focused on running with no swaps. Martin will be a much higher pick next year. Like yourself, Martin has carried me. Hell of a back.

Rother8
12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
I got a real bitch.
T-rich or CJ2k at Green Bay. Trent's only hope is a garbage touchdown plus he's bad mouthing coaches and might see a carry decrease especially towards garbage time for the browns.

CJ is playing for a new contract again and he too could bring me a garbage touchdown but different from Trent is he'll get actual real nfl running back yardage... One game out of 3.

Bottom line I hate both these guys but Trent more so. (Check out his laughable ypa this year) Any opinions?

maven
12-19-2012, 10:20 PM
I got a real b****.
T-rich or CJ2k at Green Bay. Trent's only hope is a garbage touchdown plus he's bad mouthing coaches and might see a carry decrease especially towards garbage time for the browns.

CJ is playing for a new contract again and he too could bring me a garbage touchdown but different from Trent is he'll get actual real nfl running back yardage... One game out of 3.

Bottom line I hate both these guys but Trent more so. (Check out his laughable ypa this year) Any opinions?

In Cleveland, everyone is playing for their job.

Break it down. Trich versus Denver or CJ2K versus Green Bay. What are you leaning towards? I know who I would like in these matchups.

Aftermath
12-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Moreno, Calvin, Roddy. I guess Stafford but I'm still deciding on starting Bradford(matchup), Wilson, or Kaepernick over him. I could see him sucking.

Aftermath
12-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I got a real b****.

TRich. IMO

Rother8
12-19-2012, 11:25 PM
In Cleveland, everyone is playing for their job.

Break it down. Trich versus Denver or CJ2K versus Green Bay. What are you leaning towards? I know who I would like in these matchups.

They'll likely be in the same situations in their respected games - not running unless either early or if by some fluke they find themselves in the game after half.

I'm leaning towards Trent for the garbage touchdown really. I think that's more likely than the titans getting Cj enough carries to get his yards since hes not the red zone threat Richardson is. Even though the Titans should be playing keep away from a rodg (like the browns) they are so bad I don't see it happening. Playing for the touchdowns seems to be the better play to me.

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Got to start 3 of these WR.

Miles Austin vs NO

Amendola vs TB

Decker

Cruz vs BALT?

broncswin
12-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Decker..Cruz..austin

underrated29
12-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Got to start 3 of these WR.

Miles Austin vs NO

Amendola vs TB

Decker

Cruz vs BALT?

Amendola- Tampa is giving up tons to opposing QBs and WR-is it ppr? If its not ppr than austin. If it is PPR Amendola all the way 6 catch game average

Decker- because we are going to rape cle

Cruz- Im going against him in my superbowl but this should be a good matchup and he has a better QB imo

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Amendola- Tampa is giving up tons to opposing QBs and WR-is it ppr? If its not ppr than austin. If it is PPR Amendola all the way 6 catch game average

Decker- because we are going to rape cle

Cruz- Im going against him in my superbowl but this should be a good matchup and he has a better QB imo

PPR league I think I'm doing the same 3. I think Austin will have a good game but I have been on wrong side of him all year. When I played him awful and he did great on my bench.