PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow ripped by unnamed Denver Broncos player

orangemonkey
12-04-2012, 07:19 AM
"When Tim was here, we saw the issues up close," the unidentified player said. "The Jets didn't, and now they are seeing the problems, too."

Then this: "I feel really, really bad for Tim. He's a good person, just not an NFL quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000104880/article/tim-tebow-ripped-by-anonymous-broncos-player

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Tebow should take the Flutie route and head for Canada.

WolfpackGuy
12-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I would say Eddie Royal, but he he's gone.

Decker?

NFLBRONCO
12-04-2012, 07:56 AM
DMT

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 08:09 AM
"When Tim was here, we saw the issues up close," the unidentified player said. "The Jets didn't, and now they are seeing the problems, too."

Then this: "I feel really, really bad for Tim. He's a good person, just not an NFL quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000104880/article/tim-tebow-ripped-by-anonymous-broncos-player

When Tim was here, we saw the issues up close," the unidentified player said

Hmmmm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/sports/football/jets-ugly-win-over-cardinals-comes-with-sanchez-on-sideline.html?_r=0

Apparently you have to bring Tim Tebow to town as backup to finally figure out that your starting quarterback is effing terrible.

In the second quarter, fans started chanting for the 24-year-old McElroy, a seventh-round selection of the Jets’ in the 2011 draft from Alabama. As he started warming up behind the bench, MetLife Stadium pulsed with excitement.

“It’s tough to kind of gauge the energy, obviously,” McElroy cracked. “I didn’t have a decibel meter.”

It was loud, and it got louder: the Jets’ defense, which forced nine three-and-outs in 14 drives, held, giving them the ball at their 31 with 4 minutes 48 seconds left in the third quarter. Sanchez hugged McElroy and said, “Go get ’em.” When McElroy jogged onto the field, the crowd bathed him in a standing ovation.

It's obvious this McElroy kid is locker room poison. The Kyle Ortons and Mark Sanchezeses of the league simply wouldn't suck if it weren't for these toxic backup QB's and their insane fanbases. LOL

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 08:20 AM

I agree.

With his amazing work ethic if he had even the sliver of a prayer of developing he would have progressed by now. He is pretty much the same player as when he came into the league.

baja
12-04-2012, 08:24 AM

That is actually a really great idea.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 08:27 AM
If I was this unnamed player I would be more focused on the Raiders on Thursday night.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2012, 08:29 AM
If I was this unnamed player I would be more focused on the Raiders on Thursday night.

Yes, I hope two sentences answering a reporter's question doesn't take him away from preparation and film study! It probably took a whole 30 seconds!

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Yes, I hope two sentences answering a reporter's question doesn't take him away from preparation and film study! It probably took a whole 30 seconds!

What do you think a Patriots player would have said if asked?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Donnnnnnnnn't caaaaaaaaaaaaare.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Donnnnnnnnn't caaaaaaaaaaaaare.

Well you should. Comparing the teams records over the last decade says Denver should takes notes.

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Hmmmm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/sports/football/jets-ugly-win-over-cardinals-comes-with-sanchez-on-sideline.html?_r=0

Apparently you have to bring Tim Tebow to town as backup to finally figure out that your starting quarterback is effing terrible.

It's obvious this McElroy kid is locker room poison. The Kyle Ortons and Mark Sanchezeses of the league simply wouldn't suck if it weren't for these toxic backup QB's and their insane fanbases. LOL

You do realize you are talking about Jets fans, right? When the Jets played their last game at Shea Stadium, the fans were pulling off seat pieces and throwing them at the players.

FlaBroncosFan
12-04-2012, 08:42 AM

He has great feet???

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Well you should. Comparing the teams records over the last decade says Denver should takes notes.

And that is based on their not answering questions about Tim Tebow? The secret to their success is revealed at last!

DBroncos4life

I bet if this was about Orton for Cutler you wouldn't care..

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Good point. We should be especially sure to follow their lead when it comes to how they deal with the press and answering direct questions. That'll totally make a difference on the scoreboard and the W/L column.

Strong take.

Kaylore
He has great feet???

LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 08:56 AM

That's why going into Tebows first game against the patriots denver had a 6-1 record against them over this said decade?

Oh and we tried to cheat too

In getting sick of broncos fans being so scared of the patriots. Sack up

Lycan
12-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I just don't see why one of our players felt the need to comment on this. How hard is it to just keep your mouth shut?

What do you gain from anonymously slandering a player we have nothing to do with anymore?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 09:19 AM
That article should say player(s). "Multiple" players? "A second player"?

It's more than one that assumed we suck with tebow.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I just don't see why one of our players felt the need to comment on this. How hard is it to just keep your mouth shut?

What do you gain from anonymously slandering a player we have nothing to do with anymore?

Really is that simple. Teams that are the class of the league act like it on and off the field.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 09:40 AM
You do realize you are talking about Jets fans, right? When the Jets played their last game at Shea Stadium, the fans were pulling off seat pieces and throwing them at the players.

I think that's kinda the point. Or at least part of it.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 09:42 AM

It isn't slander. It's the way that player saw things.

DENVERDUI55
12-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Slander? That isn't slander just a player calling it like he sees it in the lockerroom. Tebow isn't viewed as highly as the teboners view him on here.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 09:45 AM

Exactly. These players aren't slandering him as a person. Saying he is not an NFL QB somehow gets translated as saying he's such a horrible person and cancer in the locker room.

Lestat
12-04-2012, 09:50 AM
That is actually a really great idea.

his pride won't let him. even though it's a good idea he wouldn't do it because he sees himself as a NFL QB.
the people around him tell him he's a NFL QB and the media sensation that follows him keeps telling him he just needs a chance to shine.

if a coach would actually sit him down and bottom line it for him and spell out moving to RB,FB.H-back and how he could thrive he would be a heck of a NFL player.

problem is the Jets wanted him for marketing purposes and didn't foresee Sanchez sucking it up like he has(even though everyone else saw it coming from 50 miles away)

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
That's why going into Tebows first game against the patriots denver had a 6-1 record against them over this said decade?

Oh and we tried to cheat too

In getting sick of broncos fans being so scared of the patriots. Sack up

Giving up damn near 90 points in two games will do that to a guy. Then follow up by letting them march up and down the field all game, giving up a league record number of first downs.

Tim Tebow or Peyton Manning aren't the reason we win or lose (so far lose) to the Patriots. It's because Gronknandez isn't quite the same as Benjamin Watson. And they exploit probably our biggest weakness on defense.

If we beat the Pats it will be because our defense finally broke the secret code.

Lestat
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Exactly. These players aren't slandering him as a person. Saying he is not an NFL QB somehow gets translated as saying he's such a horrible person and cancer in the locker room.

as much as people will get offended by this(not that i really care in this instance).
if he wasn't a christian there would be no Tebowmania.
there have been many QB's like him before who didn't get nearly the public support to be a NFL QB that Tebow did and still does.
they use almost every excuse in the book for him, "Cam and RGIII are similar QB's and they get to play and excel, if they'd let Tebow play so would he."

i have absolutely no issue with people loving that he's a good christian man.
but if he was a atheist or pagan he wouldn't be propped up and hailed as needing the chance, there would be no Tebow chants for him.
you take out the highly public religious aspect and he's just another great college QB who has no business playing QB in the NFL.

this is no different than politics when people start in on "oh, well he's a good honest christian and a family man." bump that, what is he going to do in office? what are his philosophical and politic views on the current state of affairs and in the future.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Giving up damn near 90 points in two games will do that to a guy. Then follow up by letting them march up and down the field all game, giving up a league record number of first downs.

Tim Tebow or Peyton Manning aren't the reason we win or lose (so far lose) to the Patriots. It's because Gronknandez isn't quite the same as Benjamin Watson. And they exploit probably our biggest weakness on defense.

If we beat the Pats it will be because our defense finally broke the secret code.

Secret code starts with Mays being off the field. I'm just not scared of that team. It's embarrassing to see a fanbase quiver at another. It would be ugly if more pats fans posted on this site. I dont see patriot fans being scared of the giants.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Secret code starts with Mays being off the field. I'm just not scared of that team. It's embarrassing to see a fanbase quiver at another. It would be ugly if more pats fans posted on this site. I dont see patriot fans being scared of the giants.

Apparently you don't remember how happy all of Broncodom was back in January, 2006 when the Steelers prevented the likelyhood of a 3rd annual Bronco New Year ass-raping in Indy. :)

Goobzilla
12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
as much as people will get offended by this(not that i really care in this instance).
there have been many QB's like him before who didn't get nearly the public support to be a NFL QB that Tebow did and still does.
they use almost every excuse in the book for him, "Cam and RGIII are similar QB's and they get to play and excel, if they'd let Tebow play so would he."

but if he was a atheist or pagan he wouldn't be propped up and hailed as needing the chance, there would be no Tebow chants for him.
you take out the highly public religious aspect and he's just another great college QB who has no business playing QB in the NFL.

this is no different than politics when people start in on "oh, well he's a good honest christian and a family man." bump that, what is he going to do in office? what are his philosophical and politic views on the current state of affairs and in the future.

I'm Agnostic and a Tebow fan, what does that say about me? This team was dead in the water last year, Timmy took us on a miracle run and gave us memories that will last a lifetime. Yet people still want to throw dirt on him and I don't get it. His religion is a non-factor to me.

UberBroncoMan
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Secret code = pressure on Brady. Always has been, always will.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm Agnostic and a Tebow fan, what does that say about me? This team was dead in the water last year, Timmy took us on a miracle run and gave us memories that will last a lifetime. Yet people still want to throw dirt on him and I don't get it. His religion is a non-factor to me.

This is what I don't get about any Broncos who not only talk ****, but do so anonymously. Not only are they cowards, but they were apparently fine with 5-17 and January tickets home booked in early October.

The second everything isn't Manning-driven sunshine and unicorns,this same type of person is going to be trouble in the locker room.

Taco John
12-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I like Tebow a lot, but I was not sad to see him go. He brings with him more distraction than I've ever seen a single player ever bring. Anyone here can remember how badly his fans bashed on Elway. Here we have the guy who practically built the franchise, and has now miraculously turned our team's fortunes around - and none of the Tebow set were willing to give the guy the benefit of a doubt on the question.

I'm not sad to see Tebow gone at all.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Secret code = pressure on Brady. Always has been, always will.

I'll agree, but it has to be middle pressure. Brady will step up through an edge rush all day, knowing his best weapons are waiting for him over the cushy middle.

TD4HOF
12-04-2012, 10:27 AM

+1

We had such a fun year. Tebow was terrific for us.

IA-Broncosfan53
12-04-2012, 10:27 AM
The last 5 games of Tebow's Bronco career is enough of a sample size to realize whoever said this quote is completely right. Who among us watched the Bills/Chiefs games week 16 and 17 and thought Tebow would ever be capable of winning anything in this league without stellar talent surrounding him?

Drunk Monkey
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM

What he should do is formally ask to change positions this off season. He should thank everyone that gave him a chance as a QB but acknowledge he can contribute better as a H back or TE or what ever. If he doesn't he will be out of the league next year or the following year.

Lestat
12-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Tebow is a great person and i personally don't have any issue with him as a person. i just don't think he's a NFL QB but as a person he's the guy you want to marry your daughter.
he gave us a jolt that was much needed and got us to the playoffs.

but you look at most of the people who hyped him up and were huge fans of his(even in polls for preference of him vs Peyton) most liked him more for his religious beliefs than his overall play. you even had politicians trying to solicit his endorsement for them. he started a new trend that wasn't even knew and had been done by many people before him and highlighting it all was people saying "see, see, there's something you can't explain about him. he's ordained by God."

Gutless Drunk
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Tebow is a great person and i personally don't have any issue with him as a person. i just don't think he's a NFL QB but as a person he's the guy you want to marry your daughter.
he gave us a jolt that was much needed and got us to the playoffs.

but you look at most of the people who hyped him up and were huge fans of his(even in polls for preference of him vs Peyton) most liked him more for his religious beliefs than his overall play. you even had politicians trying to solicit his endorsement for them. he started a new trend that wasn't even knew and had been done by many people before him and highlighting it all was people saying "see, see, there's something you can't explain about him. he's ordained by God."

and that is why people are so irrationally delusional in regards to his skill set. By ascribing spiritual influence to his athletic feats, their entire belief system is at risk shall he not succeed.

IA-Broncosfan53
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
And Drunken, Broncos have no answer for tight ends, or small shifty running backs. Broncos fans have ever right, including myself, to be petrified to play them in the playoffs. This is why I wouldn't mind being the 4 seed. Champ on Wayne, run a zone and we will be fine vs. one demensional Colts. Would much rather play the Texans than the Pats second round, because let's face it, Pats arn't losing the rest of the way. Even if they do, the confidence I have to beat the Ravens at home is stemmed from what precedent?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2012, 11:16 AM

Because he was asked a question by a reporter? And decided to answer it honestly?

If he'd said, "we'd be in the same spot right now with Tebow that we are with Manning," everything would be hunky dory. But since he didn't lie, since he did tell the truth, he has no class.

Got it. ^5

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2012, 11:18 AM

That's nice.

You're the exception.

And again, it's not "throwing dirt on him" to say he doesn't have the skillset to be a professional-level quarterback. It's telling the truth. Players see it. Coaches see it. Front offices see it. We saw it last year. The Jets are seeing it this year. Every team saw it last year, and that's why we got nothing more than a fourth round pick for him.

But sure. EVERYONE is wrong. Everyone. They're just "throwing dirt."

Archer81
12-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm not entirely sure a Bronco player said anything to a reporter at all. Seems the formula is Tebow + "anonymous player" + reporter with a deadline = instant trouble making article.

:Broncos:

bronco militia
12-04-2012, 11:22 AM
+1

We had such a fun year. Tebow was terrific for us.

+2

**** YOU KYLE ORTON! :cuss:

Pick Six
12-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I wish Tebow aspired to be a running back or tight end. I can see Tebow ABSOLUTELY helping a team out, in those roles. He has a great presence, on the field. He's JUST.NOT.AN.NFL.QUARTERBACK...

bronco militia
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM

The only thing I fear is our coaching staff. So far, they don't have a clue how to beat the Pats.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm not entirely sure a Bronco player said anything to a reporter at all. Seems the formula is Tebow + "anonymous player" + reporter with a deadline = instant trouble making article.

No it's probably legit but it was probably off the record and the reporter IS looking to write something that could possibly be nationally relevant. Likely it was a casual conversation and the player was just honest and made a few comments as he was putting his deoderant on.

baja
12-04-2012, 11:32 AM
The only thing I fear is our coaching staff. So far, they don't have a clue how to beat the Pats.

Clearly Belichick & staff are better than Fox & staff (they are better than about any other team as well) and will have a new wrinkle if and when we meet again but I think our coaches learned a lot from the first game. The Broncos are night and day better than that last meeting. We will have a lot more film on them this time around. I think the Broncos are a more complete team and a better team. This difference in the game will be rather or not our coaches can match the challenge of Belichick and company.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 11:32 AM

Yeah the coaching staff should remove those plays where we keep fumbling. I don't think they are working.

Lycan
12-04-2012, 11:34 AM

Okay, maybe slander is the wrong word, and I actually share the same opinion, Tebow is not a very good QB. He can make some things happen but he has a long way to go to be an NFL QB.

I just have a problem with one of our players talking about it to the media. It seems like a distraction, as you can bet other players are going to be asked about it now.

Because he was asked a question by a reporter? And decided to answer it honestly?

If he'd said, "we'd be in the same spot right now with Tebow that we are with Manning," everything would be hunky dory. But since he didn't lie, since he did tell the truth, he has no class.

Got it. ^5

Nope, I would much rather he just not say anything at all. There is literally nothing to be gained from this. We wouldn't be talking about this if the player had just said no thanks to this question.

I believe in no gods, and I'm not defending Tebow. I'm just saying that this is stupid.

bronco militia
12-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah the coaching staff should remove those plays where we keep fumbling. I don't think they are working.

yeah, it was just the turnovers that killed the broncos in 3 straight games

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 11:43 AM
And Drunken, Broncos have no answer for tight ends, or small shifty running backs. Broncos fans have ever right, including myself, to be petrified to play them in the playoffs. This is why I wouldn't mind being the 4 seed. Champ on Wayne, run a zone and we will be fine vs. one demensional Colts. Would much rather play the Texans than the Pats second round, because let's face it, Pats arn't losing the rest of the way. Even if they do, the confidence I have to beat the Ravens at home is stemmed from what precedent?

I just don't like pretending to be the best. You want to win the Super Bowl you have to beat the best. Just like I have no problem talking smack to raven fans next week. Even though Denver has never won in Baltimore. We backed into the playoffs with our tails between our legs. Going 0-3. It showed when they played the patriots. The players looked scared then. This year they'll bring some swag into the game, and swag helps bring wins.

Mountain Bronco
12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I like Tebow a lot, but I was not sad to see him go. He brings with him more distraction than I've ever seen a single player ever bring. Anyone here can remember how badly his fans bashed on Elway. Here we have the guy who practically built the franchise, and has now miraculously turned our team's fortunes around - and none of the Tebow set were willing to give the guy the benefit of a doubt on the question.

I'm not sad to see Tebow gone at all.

Ding ding we have a winner.

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Clearly Belichick & staff are better than Fox & staff (they are better than about any other team as well) and will have a new wrinkle if and when we meet again but I think our coaches learned a lot from the first game. The Broncos are night and day better than that last meeting. We will have a lot more film on them this time around. I think the Broncos are a more complete team and a better team. This difference in the game will be rather or not our coaches can match the challenge of Belichick and company.

The Pats are easy to beat. It's simple: Smack Brady. Again and again and again. Brady's weakness is his ego, and his temper. **** with either of those things and he starts losing it. I'm sure Belichick knows that. That's why he gameplans quick throws and solid protection. The whole offense, hell, the whole team (not to mention Bellychick's coaching career) is based on Brady.

baja
12-04-2012, 11:57 AM
The Pats are easy to beat. It's simple: Smack Brady. Again and again and again. Brady's weakness is his ego, and his temper. **** with either of those things and he starts losing it. I'm sure Belichick knows that. That's why he gameplans quick throws and solid protection. The whole offense, hell, the whole team (not to mention Bellychick's coaching career) is based on Brady.

That is why I say it will come down to coaching/game plan. The Broncos will have to find a way to slow down their running game and the TEs and the middle of the field is our weakest area of defense. Maybe DJ will be up to the task by then cause clearly we heed help in the middle.

IA-Broncosfan53
12-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Elvis better play at a higher level than what he is right now if we are going to get to Brady. Teams have been chipping him lately and he has no answer for that since he is only a one technique bull rusher. (NFL rewind has made me a much more informed fan). Not to mention Elvis's inability to keep contain, although it's always difficult to know exactly which player has edge responsibility.

Dollar for dollar, Elvis without question the least productive player on the roster. One could make the argument he focres teams attention away from Von, but last 3 weeks teams have executed play after play right over Elvis and Bannan..

Dont get me started on how pathetic Bannan has been in the month of November. I might make my own thread about that. Dude is slow off the ball, gets ran over must of the time and embarrassed by a guys like Vickerson and Wolfe by comparison in terms of production . LOCK UP VICKERSON!

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I just don't like pretending to be the best. You want to win the Super Bowl you have to beat the best. Just like I have no problem talking smack to raven fans next week. Even though Denver has never won in Baltimore. We backed into the playoffs with our tails between our legs. Going 0-3. It showed when they played the patriots. The players looked scared then. This year they'll bring some swag into the game, and swag helps bring wins.

I just always remember back that that Broncos/Colts/Pats love triangle we had going on in the mid 00's.

We owned the Pats in those days. Then those Pats owned the Colts. While those Colts utterly dominated us.

Sometimes it's just about teams matching up well (or not) Over the last few years we've shown a particular weakness that the Patriots are super-equipped to exploit. If it comes down to that again, I hope we find a way to plug that gaping hole well enough for one game. But given my preference, I'd hope we don't have that game. Especially @ Foxboro. blech

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 12:03 PM
That is why I say it will come down to coaching/game plan. The Broncos will have to find a way to slow down their running game and the TEs and the middle of the field is our weakest area of defense. Maybe DJ will be up to the task by then cause clearly we heed help in the middle.

I think it's coverage. Give Von and Doom the time and they'll mess Brady up. Brady has to have nobody to throw to, at least for the time it takes for the pass rush to work. But like Peyton, he's such a good passer that he can throw it into a shoe box from twenty yards away. You can't mix it up on D and show him something he hasn't seen. He's seen it all. It has to be tight coverage for three seconds, and use some stunt rushes. Rush from all angles. He has to get hit early. That's the only time I've ever seen Brady lose it. When he's getting smacked a lot.

IA-Broncosfan53
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
We should employ a 3-4 or possibly nickle when we play New England. I dont know how else we are going to contain their weapons, since in our base we dont match up well. I hope the coaches are already thinking about New England, it seems inevitable to me that game will decide who represents the AFC in New Orleans regardless of what round it occurs in.

baja
12-04-2012, 12:11 PM
I think it's coverage. Give Von and Doom the time and they'll mess Brady up. Brady has to have nobody to throw to, at least for the time it takes for the pass rush to work. But like Peyton, he's such a good passer that he can throw it into a shoe box from twenty yards away. You can't mix it up on D and show him something he hasn't seen. He's seen it all. It has to be tight coverage for three seconds, and use some stunt rushes. Rush from all angles. He has to get hit early. That's the only time I've ever seen Brady lose it. When he's getting smacked a lot.

We tried that the last game and he killed us in the short passing game and running game. Just killed us the first half but something changed in the second half the defense made some adjustments and we almost came back on them.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Soooooo, now giving an opinion is now "slander". (Facepalm)

Cito Pelon
12-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I agree.

With his amazing work ethic if he had even the sliver of a prayer of developing he would have progressed by now. He is pretty much the same player as when he came into the league.

Has he really been working to improve his passing skills? I've heard a few radio guys claim he doesn't believe he needs to.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I just always remember back that that Broncos/Colts/Pats love triangle we had going on in the mid 00's.

We owned the Pats in those days. Then those Pats owned the Colts. While those Colts utterly dominated us.

Sometimes it's just about teams matching up well (or not) Over the last few years we've shown a particular weakness that the Patriots are super-equipped to exploit. If it comes down to that again, I hope we find a way to plug that gaping hole well enough for one game. But given my preference, I'd hope we don't have that game. Especially @ Foxboro. blech

Ha yep I totally remember that. It was some sort of twisted triangle. It didnt shy me away from wanting to hand the colts asses in their face though. What would feel that much more special. Beating Houston or beating the patriots? Both are sweet but it would feel incredible to knock Brady out of the playoffs

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 12:17 PM
We tried that the last game and he killed us in the short passing game and running game. Just killed us the first half but something changed in the second half the defense made some adjustments and we almost came back on them.

Yep. If you can't keep those coverages tight you're toast. He's just too accurate of a passer. I think a player like Von makes all the difference in the world against the Pats. He might turn out to be our Pats killa. We're a much better team than we were last year. And Von was a rookie. Our secondary is much improved. I really like our chances this time around. Of course, this could be all for naught. We might end up looking at our old buddy, Kubes. ???

Play2win
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM

That was before the emergence of Tony Carter and Chris Harris.

Jetmeck
12-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Full of chit.

I'm basically Atheist.

The guy is class.

The guy works his ass off.

Stays out of trouble.

Saved a worthless season for us and won a playoff game.

Anyone and I mean anyone bagging on the guy needs to look at themselves in the mirror first.

DBroncos4life
12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Full of chit.

I'm basically Atheist.

The guy is class.

Stays out of trouble.

Anyone and I mean anyone bagging on the guy needs to look at themselves in the mirror first.
Mirror mirror on the wall please help Tebow learn how to throw a ball.

baja
12-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Yep. If you can't keep those coverages tight you're toast. He's just too accurate of a passer. I think a player like Von makes all the difference in the world against the Pats. He might turn out to be our Pats killa. We're a much better team than we were last year. And Von was a rookie. Our secondary is much improved. I really like our chances this time around. Of course, this could be all for naught. We might end up looking at our old buddy, Kubes. ???

I think that match up favors us, we should win that game.

Teams that concern me the most in the AFC

1. Pittsburg.

2. New England

3. Houston

4. Baltimore

5.Colts

bronco militia
12-04-2012, 12:43 PM

1. New England

2. Houston

3. Baltimore

4. Pittsburg.

5.Colts

fixed

baja
That was before the emergence of Tony Carter and Chris Harris.

Yes I was accounting for that when I said we are a much better team now.

I think we should be considered the favorite to represent the AFC in the SB.

As of today the Yahoo playoff simulator has us as the 2nd seed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=WinningPct

Drunken.Broncoholic
Full of chit.

I'm basically Atheist.

The guy is class.

Stays out of trouble.

Bagging on the guy? It's funny even when someone goes out of their way to say how nice a human being he is, if they follow that up with pointing out his horrendous completion percentage, it all of a sudden bagging on the guy.

He can't throw. Plain and simple. Bag it and bank on it.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 12:44 PM

this is no different than politics when people start in on "oh, well he's a good honest christian and a family man." bump that, what is he going to do in office? what are his philosophical and politic views on the current state of affairs and in the future.Disagree completely. I can't stand religion, and Tebow's zealotry was a huge negative or me. Still loved him as a player.

Cam and RGIII aren't anything like Tebow. Tebow, despitte being, perhaps the best college QB ever was an underdog in the NFL. I don't see where that's ever been the case before.

Despite everyone dogging him he still proved successful when given the chance. Watching Hoge backpedal on Tebow every week last year was one of the most rewarding spectacles I've seen in sports.

maven
Tim Tebow calls injured teen

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8708243/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-responds-tweets-calls-injured-matt-hardy
New York Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow, who didn't play Sunday because of sore ribs, reached out Monday night to an upstate New York teenager who is hurting a lot more than he is.

Responding to a Twitter campaign that went viral, Tebow called Matt Hardy, a 17-year-old Shenendehowa High School student hospitalized with injuries suffered Saturday night in a two-car crash. Two fellow students were killed in the accident, Chris Stewart and Deanna Rivers, according to reports.

Play2win
He helped us get PFM. For that I'm grateful. But, I'll probably remember Bubby Brister as a Bronco more often than I ever would Tebow.

baja
12-04-2012, 12:47 PM
fixed

You fixed MY opinion? How psychic of you

baja
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
He helped us get PFM. For that I'm grateful. But, I'll probably remember Bubby Brister as a Bronco more often than I ever would Tebow.

Hard to believe but to each his own.

Threads for Tebow 10,000

Threads for Brister 0

Play2win
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes I was accounting for that when I said we are a much better team now.

I think we should be considered the favorite to represent the AFC in the SB.

As of today the Yahoo playoff simulator has us as the 2nd seed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=WinningPct

Isn't it grande, instead of the late season fade, we are just now starting hit our stride.

These next couple of months, could be the most fun Broncos fans have had in years.

broncosteven
12-04-2012, 12:53 PM
At this point in Tebow's career anyone that thinks he is going to be a successful NFL QB is just fooling themselves.

He doesn't practice well then he struggles early in games. Even the Pitt Playoff win he was having a rough 1st quarter until things started clicking, and even after getting up on Pitt, he couldn't close out the game with a sustained drive to end it in regulation.

The last 5 games of the 2011 regular season are the real Tim Tebow, he was **** in the Chicago game, it took 2 bonehead plays by a guy now out of football to win that game and give us the eventual Division crown.

Some one here said a couple years ago that Tebow is not going to be able to stay healthy the way he runs, he will take shots on the ribs and it will cost him. Well guess what, he spends 2012 as a gimick running back and broke his ribs, missing is one chance this year to take over for Schanze(?)

I guess my spite for him boils down to the kFc loss in the last game of the year losing 3-7 at home with the playoffs on the line. I am glad he is not our problem and we have a QB who gives us a legit shot at winning a SB this year, and next year, and hopefully the year after that.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
The last 5 games of the 2011 regular season are the real Tim Tebow,

So by this rationale, Drew Brees is a terrible QB who doesn't deserve to start, right?

Play2win
12-04-2012, 01:03 PM

5 years from now, I will have almost forgotten tebow was ever a Bronco. Tebow will be an afterthought, if ever even that. But, I will still remember Bubby, Gus, and Brian as Broncos and their moments and memories throughout the years.

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 01:04 PM

1. Pittsburg.

2. New England

3. Houston

4. Baltimore

5.Colts

I think it's still NE at the top of the list, afaic anyway.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 01:06 PM
5 years from now, I will have almost forgotten tebow was ever a Bronco. Tebow will be an afterthought, if ever even that. But, I will still remember Bubby, Gus, and Brian as Broncos and their moments and memories throughout the years.

That's pretty sad.

oubronco
12-04-2012, 01:10 PM
So by this rationale, Drew Brees is a terrible QB who doesn't deserve to start, right?

LOL So now Tebow is comparable to Brees Hilarious!

baja
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
That's pretty sad.

Maybe he missed the amazing improbable wins Tebow provided last season???

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM

Yep, you totally nailed it. Out of the park.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Drew Brees was awful until they drafted Rivers. They did draft Rivers for a reason you know?

broncosteven
12-04-2012, 01:22 PM

Way to take it out of context.

bronco militia
12-04-2012, 01:30 PM
You fixed MY opinion? How psychic of you

you're welcome

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Drew Brees was awful until they drafted Rivers. They did draft Rivers for a reason you know?

Ya. That reason was Bree's health. Smh

12,348 yards. 80 TDs. 61 ints an average QB rating in the mid to high 80s.

How the hell can you say Bree's 2004 and 2005 seasons were awful, yet think tebow is great?? 65% completion Percentage is "awful"? What is a percentage in the mid 40s then?

This is just ridiculous.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Way to take it out of context.

The context was that any poor stretch of games means that a QB has been found out and will never again have success in the league. You provided it, I simply pointed out how absurd it is, and others have clearly recognized how absurd it is; even if they completely lack the ability to see the actual comparison I made.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
LOL So now Tebow is comparable to Brees Hilarious!

Wow, you're dim.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Yep, you totally nailed it. Out of the park.
Equally Dim.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 01:45 PM
The context was that any poor stretch of games means that a QB has been found out and will never again have success in the league. You provided it, I simply pointed out how absurd it is, and others have clearly recognized how absurd it is; even if they completely lack the ability to see the actual comparison I made.

Comparing a QBs bad stretch of games to another QBs bad stretch of games automatically brings in the 2 QB's skill sets to the equation. One can throw, getting himself out of a slump, the other cant, resulting in not even getting on the field.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Comparing a QBs bad stretch of games to another QBs bad stretch of games automatically brings in the 2 QB's skill sets to the equation. One can throw, getting himself out of a slump, the other cant, resulting in not even getting on the field.

I can't even begin to explain how awful this assumption is.

Punisher
12-04-2012, 01:56 PM
"And Tebow i got to get this point across, I LIKE YOU! Your a nice guy Your a great athlete. The greatest body the greatest physique in our business. But like John Elway said and now pay attention because this is important to you Tebow. Just because you couldn't make it as a Bronco doesn't mean your career is over" - Slick Ric AFC West Champion

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 01:58 PM
I can't even begin to explain how awful this assumption is.

I'm assuming he hasn't been able to get on the field as a starting QB this year? Ok.

An awful assumption would be saying Brees was horrible as a charger. He was very good those last 2 years. He was let go because of his shoulder. Not cause he "sucked"

maher_tyler
12-04-2012, 02:15 PM
The problem isn't Tim Tebow. It's his fans and the media that create the circus. I agree fully with un-named player. He is a great person just not a good QB. The thing with Tim though is he will never give up. His only option before long might be the CFL. Perfect place he would get the reps. He's wasting his time being a back up every where he goes in the NFL. Not going to correct much sitting on the bench and not getting first team reps in practice. Not only that, he plays on the punt coverage team. I feel embarrassed even if he doesn't. Why go through this same BS every year?

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm assuming he hasn't been able to get on the field as a starting QB this year? Ok.

I don't think you understand the meaning of assumption.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 02:18 PM
He is a great person just not a good QB.

If you're of the opinion that wins matter, he's a better QB than 55% of the starter in the league.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't think you understand the meaning of assumption.

You have the definition of the first 3 letters down to a tee

Here's an example of using the term assume.

Just cause one QB who can throw plays out of a slump, don't assume another QB who can't will.

Mile High Salute
12-04-2012, 02:21 PM

If McGahee and Thomas don't pee down their leg that game, the Broncos win. Hopefully the Broncos can lock up the #2 seed, though. I like our chances against them much better at Mile High.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
You have the definition of the first 3 letters down to a tee

I think you were meaning to imply that I embody the first three letters; instead you showcased the fact that you do.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I think you were meaning to imply that I embody the first three letters; instead you showcased the fact that you do.

I've never proclaimed I am not.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I've never proclaimed I am not.

That's your best OM take ever.

Drunk Monkey
12-04-2012, 02:35 PM
The problem isn't Tim Tebow. It's his fans and the media that create the circus. I agree fully with un-named player. He is a great person just not a good QB. The thing with Tim though is he will never give up. His only option before long might be the CFL. Perfect place he would get the reps. He's wasting his time being a back up every where he goes in the NFL. Not going to correct much sitting on the bench and not getting first team reps in practice. Not only that, he plays on the punt coverage team. I feel embarrassed even if he doesn't. Why go through this same BS every year?

Wouldn't it make more sense to switch positions? I think most people agree he can run the ball (not sure if he can catch). He doesn't have to go to Canada to play, just needs to be better at a position then the next guy. That is not going to happen at QB.

errand
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM

While I agree they should just say "no comment.." ...it isn't slander if it's true

DENVERDUI55
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
If you're of the opinion that wins matter, he's a better QB than 55% of the starter in the league.

Yet he can't beat out the worst starter in the league.

mwill07
12-04-2012, 02:40 PM

that's how I think this plays out.

When I think of past QB's with a similar career arc of what I expect Tebow's to be, I think of Doug Flutie. Both guys are highly charismatic, Heisman winning athletic QB's with a fatal flaw at the NFL - for Flutie, it's his size. For Tebow, it's his accuracy. Same guy though.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 02:41 PM

An awful assumption would be saying Brees was horrible as a charger. He was very good those last 2 years. He was let go because of his shoulder. Not cause he "sucked"

Of course those last two years were years 4 and 5 of Drew's NFL career. Look at Drew's first season starting and his QBR looked quite Tebowesque.

Dedhed
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Yet he can't beat out the worst starter in the league.

True, but Brady couldn't beat out Bledsoe either.

errand
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM
This is what I don't get about any Broncos who not only talk ****, but do so anonymously. Not only are they cowards, but they were apparently fine with 5-17 and January tickets home booked in early October.

The second everything isn't Manning-driven sunshine and unicorns,this same type of person is going to be trouble in the locker room.

I'm sure if they asked about Orton they would have been critical too...problem you have is your boy toy is a pretty popular guy always in the spotlight.....Orton isn't. He's gone back to his obscure life and nobody cares about him anymore.

baja
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM

For a guy that claims Tebow is completely forgettable you sure talk about him a lot. When is the last you posted something about Bubby Brister?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
For a guy that claims Tebow is completely forgettable you sure talk about him a lot. When is the last you posted something about Bubby Brister?

Huh? You have me confused with the other drunk.

Ambiguous
12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Maybe he missed the amazing improbable wins Tebow provided last season???

Maybe. Or realized that the only reason they were so improbable, was because Tebow is an absolute dog**** QB who can only crack a special teams roster.

Just because he was so mind numbingly horrible for 90% of the game does not make those games a miracle.

errand
12-04-2012, 02:59 PM

Threads for Tebow 10,000

Threads for Brister 0

Brister was out of football by the time OM came to be......

broncosteven
12-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Then lets look at all of 2011 Regular season games started, tell me if this is a QB you would want starting your team?

Don't pull the McCoy wouldn't let him loose argument, McCoy has proved he can call a great game when he has a QB who can execute.

Miami 13/27 161 yards. Miracle win 18 points scored

Detroit 18/39 172 yards. Blow out loss 10 points scored

Raiders 10/21 124 yards. Blow out WIN 38 points scored, nearly had more rushing yards than passing with 118 yards on the ground.

kFc 2/8 69 yards (TWO completions) Win, 17 points scored 43 yards on the ground

Jets 9/20 104 yards 17 points scored

Chuggers 9/18 143 yards OT win, 16 points scored

Vikes 10/15 202 yards passing. 35 point scored

Bears 12/19 115 yards, 13 points scored

Pats 11/22 194 yards, Blow out loss 23 points

Bills 13/29 185 yards, Blow out Loss 14 points scored

kFc 6/22 60 yards With playoffs on the line, scores 3 points

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Tim Tebow calls injured teen

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8708243/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-responds-tweets-calls-injured-matt-hardy
New York Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow, who didn't play Sunday because of sore ribs, reached out Monday night to an upstate New York teenager who is hurting a lot more than he is.

Responding to a Twitter campaign that went viral, Tebow called Matt Hardy, a 17-year-old Shenendehowa High School student hospitalized with injuries suffered Saturday night in a two-car crash. Two fellow students were killed in the accident, Chris Stewart and Deanna Rivers, according to reports.

see thats why i love that guy as a human being. too bad on the quarterback side of the coin he needs alot of work

LongDongJohnson
12-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Then lets look at all of 2011 Regular season games started, tell me if this is a QB you would want starting your team?

Don't pull the McCoy wouldn't let him loose argument, McCoy has proved he can call a great game when he has a QB who can execute.

Miami 13/27 161 yards. Miracle win 18 points scored

Detroit 18/39 172 yards. Blow out loss 10 points scored

Raiders 10/21 124 yards. Blow out WIN 38 points scored, nearly had more rushing yards than passing with 118 yards on the ground.

kFc 2/8 69 yards (TWO completions) Win, 17 points scored 43 yards on the ground

Jets 9/20 104 yards 17 points scored

Chuggers 9/18 143 yards OT win, 16 points scored

Vikes 10/15 202 yards passing. 35 point scored

Bears 12/19 115 yards, 13 points scored

Pats 11/22 194 yards, Blow out loss 23 points

Bills 13/29 185 yards, Blow out Loss 14 points scored

kFc 6/22 60 yards With playoffs on the line, scores 3 points

Sounds like a winning qb to me.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
It's amazing to me how angry people get during a Tebow discussion - for and against.

I love Tebow. He's only ever worked hard for whoever he played for, including us.

I admit I was not a fan of the draft pick. I felt like it was another McDaniels waste where we gave up a lot of picks to trade into the first round and basically all we have to show for it long term is Omar Boldin.

That said, I am very grateful for Tebow's time here. I enjoyed him because he wasn't Kyle Orton and provided one of the most exciting playoff games in Broncos memory.

I don't understand why I can't think he won't work out, but still like him and wish him the best. It's like you either have to believe he's awesome and will be good and attack anyone that makes any kind of criticism, or attack him at every turn and attack anyone that hoped for him to do well.

He's not a Bronco so I don't care a ton. But I wish him the best.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2012, 03:50 PM
It's amazing to me how angry people get during a Tebow discussion - for and against.

I love Tebow. He's only ever worked hard for whoever he played for, including us.

I admit I was not a fan of the draft pick. I felt like it was another McDaniels waste where we gave up a lot of picks to trade into the first round and basically all we have to show for it long term is Omar Boldin.

That said, I am very grateful for Tebow's time here. I enjoyed him because he wasn't Kyle Orton and provided one of the most exciting playoff games in Broncos memory.

I don't understand why I can't think he won't work out, but still like him and wish him the best. It's like you either have to believe he's awesome and will be good and attack anyone that makes any kind of criticism, or attack him at every turn and attack anyone that hoped for him to do well.

This

Jetmeck
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM

exactly.......

Jekyll15Hyde
12-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Of course those last two years were years 4 and 5 of Drew's NFL career. Look at Drew's first season starting and his QBR looked quite Tebowesque.

Keep that rationale going and holding your breathe. The rest of us already know you have no ability to evaluate talent at the position.

Orange_Beard
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM
How close do you need to be to see Tebow's flaws?

Orange_Beard
12-04-2012, 04:03 PM

How is that ripped?

Sounds pretty fair.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM

Don't pull the McCoy wouldn't let him loose argument, McCoy has proved he can call a great <s>game</s> sideline Chinese take-out order when he has a QB who can execute.

FIFY :)

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Ya. That reason was Bree's health. Smh

12,348 yards. 80 TDs. 61 ints an average QB rating in the mid to high 80s.

How the hell can you say Bree's 2004 and 2005 seasons were awful, yet think tebow is great?? 65% completion Percentage is "awful"? What is a percentage in the mid 40s then?

This is just ridiculous.

Oh, guess you never watched him play his first 5 or so years. I did, and he sucked.

Archer81
12-04-2012, 04:17 PM
How is that ripped?

Sounds pretty fair.

It sounds made up.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Tebow is now a jet ill show passing interest in him like kubes and shanny hope they succeed in what they want to do xcept vs the broncos

baja
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Huh? You have me confused with the other drunk.

Opps Sorry. All drunks seem the same to me. ;D

baja
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Brister was out of football by the time OM came to be......

See that proves it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Oh, guess you never watched him play his first 5 or so years. I did, and he sucked.

Huh?? He was a rookie in 2001. You claim he sucked his first "5 or so years". That would include 2004 and 2005. He played in 1 game in 2001. And I never ever saw him have a 2 completion game performance.

See this is what I'm talking about. Some People are clueless and will spin anything to make tebow look better

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Opps Sorry. All drunks seem the same to me. ;D

Ha! I get the same feeling with sober people.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Huh?? He was a rookie in 2001. You claim he sucked his first "5 or so years". That would include 2004 and 2005.

See this is what I'm talking about. Some People are clueless and will spin anything to make tebow look better

Sucks to never see him play brah.

He sucked until Rivers was drafted, fact.

San Diego was the easiest out in the league while he played for them.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Brees went from chump to champ overnight.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM

2004 Brees has a 65.5% completion percentage. 3,159 yards passing 27 TDs 7 ints with a QB rating of 104.8.

Those are numbers Tebow could only dream about. Yet Brees sucked and tebow didn't?

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
2004 Brees has a 65.5% completion percentage. 3,159 yards passing 27 TDs 7 ints with a QB rating of 104.8.

Those are numbers Tebow could only dream about. Yet Brees sucked and tebow didn't?

I don't know. Apparently we wont get a chance to see because all the hate, jealousy, and obsession.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't know. Apparently we wont get a chance to see because all the hate, jealousy, and obsession.

You forgot all those coaching staffs that try to sabatoge him and want Their losses piled up.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM

Wasn't Phyllis drafted in 2004?

Look at 2003 (Drew's 3rd NFL season)

67 passer rating. 57% completion. 15 picks to 11 TDs.

Like he said, Chump to Champ.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM

So how many QBs are worse than Vince Young?

Or we can micro this down to one season since that's what your basically basing Tebows record on. Most of us agree that Orton sucks ya? Well I think Orton sucks. He went 10-5 his rookie year with the worst QB rating in the league. What's the percantage of wins did he get?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Wasn't Phyllis drafted in 2004?

Look at 2003 (Drew's 3rd NFL season)

67 passer rating. 57% completion. 15 picks to 11 TDs.

Like he said, Chump to Champ.

Nice you skip over 04 05. Beavis you are missing the point here. Rb is saying Brees sucked HIS ENTIRE time as a charger. I'm saying he put up a couple good years and was let go because of health uncertainty

55CrushEm
12-04-2012, 04:57 PM

If I recall correctly, Brees sucked his first 3 years in the league (2001-2003).....that's precisely WHY they drafted Rivers.

Yet, this seemed to light a fire under Brees's ass......as he played great in '04 and '05.....with Phyllis sitting on the bench for 2 years.

However, the shoulder injury in the final game vs. Denver made the decision to let Brees walk that much easier.

55CrushEm
12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Nice you skip over 04 05. Beavis you are missing the point here. Rb is saying Brees sucked HIS ENTIRE time as a charger. I'm saying he put up a couple good years and was let go because of health uncertainty

Yes. This. The question I always had is why it took drafting Rivers to seem to "wake up" Brees.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 05:00 PM

I said above he sucked until Rivers was drafted. Doesn't matter, Tim never got three full seasons of qb play looking like dog crap.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 05:02 PM

I thought he was saying Drew sucked so bad he caused them to draft Phyllis, which I recall to be the way it happened. Then Phyllis waited in the wings while Drew caught fire.

I think the shoulder issue caused SD to deal Drew to NO after '05 and keep Phyllis, from what I remember. But that's not why Phyllis was drafted. That was because Drew consistently smoked chubbies his first two seasons starting.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I said above he sucked until Rivers was drafted. Doesn't matter, Tim never got three full seasons of qb play looking like dog crap.

Then why can't he beat out a QB who's crap? Seems to me tebow should've shown at least something in the preseason for that staff to consider him a starter. I watched his games and saw nothing. Not one TD. There's nothing to lose now if they played him, but he got injured.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
I thought he was saying Drew sucked so bad he caused them to draft Phyllis, which I recall to be the way it happened. Then Phyllis waited in the wings while Drew caught fire.

I think the shoulder issue caused SD to deal Drew to NO after '05 and keep Phyllis, from what I remember. But that's not why Phyllis was drafted. That was because Drew consistently smoked chubbies his first two seasons starting.

I'm not disagreeing that he blew his 2nd and 3rd year. I guess he and I were debating 2 different things

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Then why can't he beat out a QB who's crap? Seems to me tebow should've shown at least something in the preseason for that staff to consider him a starter. I watched his games and saw nothing. Not one TD. There's nothing to lose now if they played him, but he got injured.

He starts 16 games and leads a team to a playoff win and that is nothing to look at?

Bacchus
12-04-2012, 05:09 PM

Actually, he could make millions upon millions spreading his religion. He should just give up football.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
He starts 16 games and leads a team to a playoff win and that is nothing to look at?

Going 2-8 in completed passes along the way? We're just gonna have to accept that we have 2 different opinions on him. And I apologize that I overlooked "until they drafted rivers". Totally blew that on my part.

You did say he sucked for 5 or so years so that's why I was including 04 and 05. 2005 would his 5th year

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Nah. If they started Tebow now Rexy might as well put in his resignation. Imagine had Fox let Kyle go til week 13 last year. At some point you cross the idiot's point of no return.

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 05:14 PM
And I apologize that I overlooked "until they drafted rivers". Totally blew that on my part.

No sweat^5

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Going 2-8 in completed passes along the way? We're just gonna have to accept that we have 2 different opinions on him. And I apologize that I overlooked "until they drafted rivers". Totally blew that on my part.

The number that should shock you there is 8 attempts. If you want to argue starting a game 2 for 8 disqualifies you from the NFL let me know. I'm pretty sure I could get most NFL QBs kicked out of the club.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Nah. If they started Tebow now Rexy might as well put in his resignation. Imagine had Fox let Kyle go til week 13 last year. At some point you cross the idiot's point of no return.

Rex is pretty much gone regardless. Actually thinking he's got 3 good QBs now pretty much rolled him into senility.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Rex is pretty much gone regardless. Actually thinking he's got 3 good QBs now pretty much rolled him into senility.

I think you're right. He's done. Not sure if he knows it or not.

2KBack
12-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Actually, Brees wasn't so bad in his first season starting. Not great by any stretch, but good enough to see promise, 61% completion, 17 TDs to 15INTs, 3200 yards.

He regressed and dealt with a lot of injuries in the second year, which is the one everyone I suppose is referring to since his Rating in his 3rd starting season was the same as MAnnings this year.

errand
12-04-2012, 05:49 PM

yeah, cuz people who think he actually can be an NFL QB aren't bat **** crazy ****s.

What are the odds that all of us and his team mates and scouts and analysts and FO people and coaches are wrong about him, and you are right about him?

extralife
12-04-2012, 05:52 PM
tim tebow is never going to start another NFL game unless jacksonville decides to turn their football team into a dog and pony show for ESPN face time. sorry, guys.

errand
12-04-2012, 05:57 PM

Really?

Everyone who even watches NFL casually can see that even on his worst day, Drew Brees has immense talent and would succeed no matter what team he was on.

Everyone who even casually watches the NFL can see that Tebow on his best day still isn't anywhere near as good as he should be by now and probably never will be any good.

Quoydogs
12-04-2012, 06:02 PM

I would love to slurp on his sweating ball sack?

errand
12-04-2012, 06:07 PM

Clowns like you make me wonder if you even watch the NFL at all....

umm, the Chargers drafted Eli Manning, who was considered as great a prospect as his brother was coming out of college....he refused to play for them and they traded him to NYG who had drafted Rivers.

Brees led SD to a 12-4 record in 2004.....he was then franchised in 2005...where they quadrupled his salary to $8mil for one solitary season

The next season the chargers offered him a 5 year $50mil contract that paid him a base salary of $2mil and was heavy with incentives...he decided that they weren't as committed to him as he thought they should be, so he went on the open market and signed with NO.

broncosteven
12-04-2012, 06:12 PM
The number that should shock you there is 8 attempts. If you want to argue starting a game 2 for 8 disqualifies you from the NFL let me know. I'm pretty sure I could get most NFL QBs kicked out of the club.

Why is McCoy suddenly calling so many passes this year?

Could it be he has a QB who can complete them?

Hmmmm

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Clowns like you make me wonder if you even watch the NFL at all....

umm, the Chargers drafted Eli Manning, who was considered as great a prospect as his brother was coming out of college....he refused to play for them and they traded him to NYG who had drafted Rivers.

Brees led SD to a 12-4 record in 2004.....he was then franchised in 2005...where they quadrupled his salary to $8mil for one solitary season

The next season the chargers offered him a 5 year $50mil contract that paid him a base salary of $2mil and was heavy with incentives...he decided that they weren't as committed to him as he thought they should be, so he went on the open market and signed with NO.

Excuse me, I should state it more clearly so dumb-asses like you can follow. Yeah I know they drafted Eli and traded genius. Way to pick apart the argument. //sarc//

errand
12-04-2012, 06:53 PM

No,,,the context is that lack of success after some initial success and then no success afterwards is equal to being figured out

or in layman's terms - little success + no success = figured out

errand
12-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a winning qb who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat and who the NFL figured out by season's end to me

Now it's correct!

errand
12-04-2012, 07:19 PM

Really?

I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be?

In 2004, Drew Brees in his 3rd season starting (4th season in league) had 65.5% comp....over 3,100 yards passing and threw 27 TD's to 7 INT's QB rating of 104.8 Chargers won the AFC West, he won Comeback Player of the Year, and made the Pro Bowl...and he's never looked back since....even won a SB ring.

You sir are the one legged man who ignorantly decided to enter an ass kicking contest.

errand
12-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Stupid is as stupid types.....

errand
12-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Those are career numbers Tebow could only dream about. Yet Brees sucked and tebow didn't?

Fixed it for you....:wave:

rbackfactory80
12-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Really?

I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be?

In 2004, Drew Brees in his 3rd season starting (4th season in league) had 65.5% comp....over 3,100 yards passing and threw 27 TD's to 7 INT's QB rating of 104.8 Chargers won the AFC West, he won Comeback Player of the Year, and made the Pro Bowl...and he's never looked back since....even won a SB ring.

You sir are the one legged man who ignorantly decided to enter an ass kicking contest.

Read my first post on the subject. I was guessing on the amount of years. My initial post was he sucked until Rivers, which is fact.

errand
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
If I recall correctly, Brees sucked his first 3 years in the league (2001-2003).....that's precisely WHY they drafted Rivers.

they didn't draft Rivers...they acquired him in a trade with the NYG, after the guy they did draft Eli Manning refused to play for them ala Elway and Colts.

Agamemnon
12-04-2012, 07:32 PM
The way people **** on Tebow. It's just bizarre...

Agamemnon
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I agree.

How does a guy progress playing in different schemes every season of his career? I really don't get why people think a spread option QB is just going to pick it up with absolutely zero stability. He may simply suck, it's true, but to say he should have progressed by now is the epitome of ignorance.

errand
12-04-2012, 07:36 PM

For the last time...they drafted ELI ****ING MANNING...and Brees signed with New Orleans as a FREE AGENT after 2005 season. And if the Chargers were of the mindset that Brees sucked so badly, why did they make him their franchise player for 2005 season paying him 4 times his regular salary ($8mil)

After the 2005 season, the Chargers offered Brees a 5-year, $50 million contract that paid $2 million in base salary the first year and the rest heavily based on performance incentives. Brees evaluated the incentive-based offer as a sign of no confidence by the Chargers and promptly demanded the salary a top 5 "franchise" quarterback would receive.

After the Chargers refused to increase their offer, Brees met with other teams. The New Orleans Saints and the Miami Dolphins were interested. New Orleans made an offer that included $10 million in guaranteed money the first year and a $12 million option the second year. Miami was unsure if Brees' shoulder was completely healed and doctors suggested the team not sign him because of the injury.[18] The Dolphins ended negotiations and traded for Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper instead. Brees signed a 6-year, $60 million deal with the Saints on March 14, 2006.

errand
12-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Excuse me, I should state it more clearly so dumb-asses like you can follow. Yeah I know they drafted Eli and traded genius. Way to pick apart the argument. //sarc//

Then why did you post several posts stating they drafted Rivers?

And you have the unmitigated gall to call someone else a dumbass?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
How does a guy progress playing in different schemes every season of his career? I really don't get why people think a spread option QB is just going to pick it up with absolutely zero stability. He may simply suck, it's true, but to say he should have progressed by now is the epitome of ignorance.

There's people that say Hillman should've progressed already and he's still a rookie. To give a 3rd year player an excuse not to progress I just don't get. I've seen QBs progress after sitting their first year, without ever even throwing one pass. Tebow has played in enough games that would result in some sort of progression.

errand
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Read my first post on the subject. I was guessing on the amount of years. My initial post was he sucked until Rivers, which is fact.

You said you watched him for his first 5 years or so...that would mean 5, 6, or 7 seasons.....and you stated he sucked.

His first season starting the Chargers went 8-8 (two years after being 1-15) with him tossing 17 TDs against 16 ints while passing for over 3,200 yards and completing 60.8% of his passes.

If that sucks, then you should be arguing with us against Tebow instead of gargling his balls.....

The only year he played poorly in was 2003...his 3rd year in NFL, 2nd year of starting...after that he put up franchise QB like numbers virtually EVERY season afterwards....which means he didn't suck save for the one solitary season he played poorly, and you're an idiot.

as for the Rivers thing...keep in mind Rivers held out for most of the 2004 training camp, and Brees was franchised by the Chargers (cuz that's what you do to players who suck) in 2005. Rivers did not cause Brees to suddenly become a better QB.

errand
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
The way people **** on Tebow. It's just bizarre...

Well it's just as amazing how people dismiss or cast aspersions against other great future Hall of Fame QB's just to defend his non-throwing ass.

The list grows every time too...first it was Elway, then Manning, now Brees....

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2012, 08:14 PM
For the last time...they drafted ELI ****ING MANNING...and Brees signed with New Orleans as a FREE AGENT after 2005 season. And if the Chargers were of the mindset that Brees sucked so badly, why did they make him their franchise player for 2005 season paying him 4 times his regular salary ($8mil)

Uh, because as we've been over, 2004 was Drew's breakout year. Derp. They could've tagged him again, BTW. And they probably would have if not for the injury.

But anyway, have fun arguing worthless technicalities. The point remains that if you believe you have a blue chip 25 year old Top-5 QB, you don't go out and spend your #1 draft choice on another one. Especially one who says he doesn't want to play for your ****ty franchise. LOL

errand
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Uh, because as we've been over, 2004 was Drew's breakout year. Derp. They could've tagged him again, BTW. And they probably would have if not for the injury.

But anyway, have fun arguing worthless technicalities. The point remains that if you believe you have a blue chip 25 year old Top-5 QB, you don't go out and spend your #1 draft choice on another one. Especially one who says he doesn't want to play for your ****ty franchise. LOL

Yes you do, if he's Eli Manning, who some experts believed would be better than his elder sibling Peyton....but then again you think Tebow is a good QB who will revolutionize the position....so in fairness to you, you don't know **** about QB's so you can't help it.

Agamemnon
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
There's people that say Hillman should've progressed already and he's still a rookie. To give a 3rd year player an excuse not to progress I just don't get. I've seen QBs progress after sitting their first year, without ever even throwing one pass. Tebow has played in enough games that would result in some sort of progression.

Very few quarterbacks come out of the draft who are forced to play in three different offense in three years are going to progress. Progression isn't just something that automatically happens with quarterbacks. Especially when it comes to guys who didn't play in pro-style offenses in college.

I'm not saying that three years in the same system with the same coaches would have necessarily made Tebow a great passer, but the lack of stability surrounding him since he was drafted certainly makes any assessment of the guy skewed. Of course with Tebow everything is skewed. I've never seen such a hyper-criticized, over-analyzed developmental player in my life.

maher_tyler
12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Very few quarterbacks come out of the draft who are forced to play in three different offense in three years are going to progress. Progression isn't just something that automatically happens with quarterbacks. Especially when it comes to guys who didn't play in pro-style offenses in college.

I'm not saying that three years in the same system with the same coaches would have necessarily made Tebow a great passer, but the lack of stability surrounding him since he was drafted certainly makes any assessment of the guy skewed. Of course with Tebow everything is skewed. I've never seen such a hyper-criticized, over-analyzed developmental player in my life.

He would be wise to go to the CFL. He's never going to have a legit shot at being a starting QB in the NFL. If he can progress enough in the CFL then maybe a NFL team will give him a shot.

Drunk Monkey
12-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Am I the only crazy ass hole that thinks his only football future is as something besides a QB?

rbackfactory80
12-05-2012, 03:51 AM
You said you watched him for his first 5 years or so...that would mean 5, 6, or 7 seasons.....and you stated he sucked.

His first season starting the Chargers went 8-8 (two years after being 1-15) with him tossing 17 TDs against 16 ints while passing for over 3,200 yards and completing 60.8% of his passes.

If that sucks, then you should be arguing with us against Tebow instead of gargling his balls.....

The only year he played poorly in was 2003...his 3rd year in NFL, 2nd year of starting...after that he put up franchise QB like numbers virtually EVERY season afterwards....which means he didn't suck save for the one solitary season he played poorly, and you're an idiot.

as for the Rivers thing...keep in mind Rivers held out for most of the 2004 training camp, and Brees was franchised by the Chargers (cuz that's what you do to players who suck) in 2005. Rivers did not cause Brees to suddenly become a better QB.

That wasn't my first post in this thread so you fail yet again. Your last sentence is pure nonsense revisionist history. Watch the movie again if you get a chance.

canadianbroncosfan
12-05-2012, 03:57 AM
He would be wise to go to the CFL. He's never going to have a legit shot at being a starting QB in the NFL. If he can progress enough in the CFL then maybe a NFL team will give him a shot.

Why bother? You realize CFL players make like zero money. He'll make 10 times as much warming a bench in the states than he would playing up here.

Blueflame
12-05-2012, 04:21 AM
Am I the only crazy a-hole that thinks his only football future is as something besides a QB?

Nope... more than just a few of us have noted that he has the skills to be a truly elite NFL player at FB or TE.

Bacchus
12-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Wow, there is still no one topic that moves a thread like Tim Tebow that is for sure.

I hope this is his last year. Dude, give up football and go make your millions preaching your religion. You'll be more famous than ever!

DBroncos4life
12-05-2012, 07:59 AM
That wasn't my first post in this thread so you fail yet again. Your last sentence is pure nonsense revisionist history. Watch the movie again if you get a chance.

Do you have any quotes from players telling the media that Brees sucked during his first three years in the NFL?

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Do you have any quotes from players telling the media that Brees sucked during his first three years in the NFL?

Is getting benched for Doug Flutie evidence enough that some people had their doubts?

And let's not give too much credence to the recent media Anonymous Player Quote phenomenon. It wasn't that long ago that that sort of tabloid journalism would've never made it to print.

It'd be pretty ridiculous to think you couldn't have found someone to say something bad about 2003 Drew Brees, especially off the record.

Drunk Monkey
12-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Nope... more than just a few of us have noted that he has the skills to be a truly elite NFL player at FB or TE.

How long is it going to take for him to realize that? At what point does Timmy say OK I tried but couldn't get it done as a QB. I am not getting playing time because my coached have no faith in my ability to play QB.

LongDongJohnson
12-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Tim tebow sucks at being an nfl qb. Fact or fiction?

If you ask me, its pretty obvious this guy has no future in the nfl as a qb. The guy has been reduced to punt protector. Qbs that dont suck dont waste their skills protecting punters.

errand
12-05-2012, 07:19 PM

...or better yet, any quotes from Brees himself where he states that the acquisition of Phillip Rivers is what made him become a very good QB instead of the normal progression of an NFL QB being in his 3rd season of starting.

errand
12-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Is getting benched for Doug Flutie evidence enough that some people had their doubts?

And let's not give too much credence to the recent media Anonymous Player Quote phenomenon. It wasn't that long ago that that sort of tabloid journalism would've never made it to print.

It'd be pretty ridiculous to think you couldn't have found someone to say something bad about 2003 Drew Brees, especially off the record.

While I'm sure some people might have had doubts about him, most sane people would have figured he was just a normal NFL player who sometimes hits the sophomore wall....it happens. The bottom line is you and your cronies are really trying to absolve your boy toy Timmy of sucking by pointing out one not so great season by Drew Brees.

What eludes you boneheaded clowns is that despite not having a great season in 2003, you could still see he had the potential to be a very special player in the NFL...and he has shown he is indeed a very good player every year since then.

Tebow on the other hand has yet to show anyone any skills that lead them to believe he'll be even an adequate NFL QB...let alone revolutionize the position.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
...or better yet, any quotes from Brees himself where he states that the acquisition of Phillip Rivers is what made him become a very good QB instead of the normal progression of an NFL QB being in his 3rd season of starting.

Pure awesome. So a 67 passer rating in your second year of starting is just part of a normal NFL progression. LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Pure awesome. So a 67 passer rating in your second year of starting is just part of a normal NFL progression. LOL

Not anymore than punt protecting in your 3rd season. Hardly part of ANY QBs normal progression.

JakeZ01
12-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Rex Ryan thinks Sanchez gives him the best chance to win....so....if he thinks Tebow sucks, I know Tebow is good.

errand
12-06-2012, 01:04 AM

Why not? You seem to think going from below 50% completion pct. to punt protector is going to revolutionize the QB position

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Also, Brees' limitations were realized by everyone in the league; he was a third round pick.

Timmy was a first round pick.

One of these things is not like the other.

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2012, 07:42 AM

If that were true, someone would've made him one by now. He didn't resist becoming a freaking punt protector, so why do we assume he'd reject playing some FB or TE?

And I really want to know how this OMane myth ever really gained steam. You're definitely not the only one who's suggested such a move and assumed he'd be elite at it, so I'm not trying to pick on you. Just because the guy is big, strong and can run over people, I don't see how that makes him a given to be some elite TE or FB. Plenty of guys can do those things and they're nowhere near elite. Why is Tebow all of a sudden different?

Just because the guy works hard and is a good athlete, it doesn't mean he can all of a sudden just be elite at positions he's never played before.

Punisher
12-06-2012, 07:43 AM

Yet, this seemed to light a fire under Brees's ass......as he played great in '04 and '05.....with Phyllis sitting on the bench for 2 years.

However, the shoulder injury in the final game vs. Denver made the decision to let Brees walk that much easier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance" (where "ignorance" stands for: "lack of evidence to the contrary")

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2012, 07:51 AM
If that were true, someone would've made him one by now. He didn't resist becoming a freaking punt protector, so why do we assume he'd reject playing some FB or TE?

He thinks doing something temporary that isn't really offensively involved -- like punt protecting -- shows he's willing to do anything to get on the field, and he can bide his time while trying to live his dream of being a QB. Problem is, he's not a QB.

HE needs to volunteer it. His army of idiot supporters would make for a firestorm for any coach that moved him without him being vocal about a desire to move positions.

errand
12-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Also, Brees' limitations were realized by everyone in the league; he was a third round pick.

Timmy was a first round pick.

One of these things is not like the other.

I think he was selected with 1st pick of 2nd round......

baja
12-06-2012, 08:10 AM
After checking my carefully kept records it is confirmed the name "Tim Tebow" has been in a thread on the front page for 137 consecutive weeks.

When will it end?

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2012, 08:34 AM
After checking my carefully kept records it is confirmed the name "Tim Tebow" has been in a thread on the front page for 137 consecutive weeks.

When will it end?

At least 5 years after he retires, since that's when he's going to be inducted into the HOF as a HB/TE hybrid without ever having played the positions.

errand
12-06-2012, 08:37 AM

When will it end?

Well we never thought the Griese threads would stop but they eventually did....same with the Hillis and Cutler threads.

The Tebowmania will eventually go away, but it might take longer as he is the least talented guy that for some reason has many many believers in him.

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Tebows "demotion" says more about Ryan than it does Tebow. Even the Tebow haters know the jets would be in a better position now if Tebow started.

Dedhed
12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Really?

Everyone who even watches NFL casually can see that even on his worst day, Drew Brees has immense talent and would succeed no matter what team he was on.

Everyone who even casually watches the NFL can see that Tebow on his best day still isn't anywhere near as good as he should be by now and probably never will be any good.

And yet another hating dimwit completely misses the point. Do you guys have a running competition for who can make the most emotionally charged illogical takes regarding Tebow?

TDmvp
12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
This crap still ?
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

errand
12-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Tebows "demotion" says more about Ryan than it does Tebow. Even the Tebow haters know the jets would be in a better position now if Tebow started.

Yeah, because that's how you stay employed as a head coach in the NFL....sabotage your team deliberately by not playing the better player....LOL

errand
12-06-2012, 11:14 AM
And yet another hating dimwit completely misses the point. Do you guys have a running competition for who can make the most emotionally charged illogical takes regarding Tebow?

then please enlighten us all on why your boy isn't starting for the Jets who arguably have the worse starter in the NFL?

Look at the QB's who have put Tebow on the bench...

Kyle Orton...had to play like **** before Tebow was given a chance

Mark Sanchez....is playing like **** and the Jets turn to Greg McElroy....I can understand you claiming the Broncos didn't see the light, but the Jets? How bad can a Jets QB play and still keep his job? Depends on if his back-up is Tim Tebow evidently.

But keep ****ing that snake while your boy Beavis holds the tail.

Dedhed
12-06-2012, 12:06 PM
then please enlighten us all on why your boy isn't starting for the Jets who arguably have the worse starter in the NFL? I have no idea. Just like I had no idea why Fox and Co thought Orton was a better option last year.

Look at the QB's who have put Tebow on the bench...

Kyle Orton...had to play like **** before Tebow was given a chance

Mark Sanchez....is playing like **** and the Jets turn to Greg McElroy....I can understand you claiming the Broncos didn't see the light, but the Jets? How bad can a Jets QB play and still keep his job? Depends on if his back-up is Tim Tebow evidently.

But keep ****ing that snake while your boy Beavis holds the tail.
None of this has anything to do with points I've made here, or is an actual point itself, which is par for the course coming from you.

You're a spewer of hypothetical, circular, and fraudulent reasoning that lacks any coherence or connection to a cogent argument.

Rohirrim
12-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Tebow should just retire and go back to converting those heathen Catholics in the Phillippines.

Steve Sewell
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
"I love Tim...but I'm going to slam him anonymously in the media."

Stay classy, anonymous NFL players.

DBroncos4life
12-06-2012, 12:36 PM

Or maybe said player didn't want to deal with the loyal zombie troll army that is Tebow fans on his social network pages.

Play2win
12-06-2012, 12:53 PM

I think you are looking in the wrong direction if you want that to happen LOL

orangemonkey
12-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Or maybe said player didn't want to deal with the loyal zombie troll army that is Tebow fans on his social network pages.

Precisely. Tim Tebow and his supporters have become circus clowns. As a legit NFL starter why put your name in the press only to have it jointed with this circus act? When questions come up asking to compare this years QB leader (team) vs last years, there is no problem with honest answers from the locker room. Nothing in the article was incendiary towards Tebow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I know why he's not starting.

He sucks.

The people that have "no idea" of why he's not starting have all their common sense flowing down to their raging boners for the guy.

Dedhed
12-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Don't you think that would be easier to accomplish by not saying anything? Derp!

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, because that's how you stay employed as a head coach in the NFL....sabotage your team deliberately by not playing the better player....LOL

I didn't say it was sabotage. He clearly is just a moron. Nfl coaches can be wrong about a player, you know?

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 01:43 PM

He sucks.

The people that have "no idea" of why he's not starting have all their common sense flowing down to their raging boners for the guy.

He actually doesn't suck. So there is that.

CEH
12-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I didn't say it was sabotage. He clearly is just a moron. Nfl coaches can be wrong about a player, you know?

To me it's looking like Ryan and Soprano didn't want Tebow to begin with
Either way Ryan's and/or Tebow's time in NY will come to an end soon.

One coach wrong sure, the entire NFL except possiblyJAX not sure I buy into the misevaulation of TRT

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
He actually doesn't suck. So there is that.

I wasn't including how the jets punt protection has been this year.

Steve Sewell
12-06-2012, 02:17 PM

Or maybe if you genuinely like someone and consider them a friend, say nothing at all to media members about said friend?

And btw I think Tebow sucks. But if I were a player and thought of him as a friend, I just would decline to comment on his playing ability.

Dedhed
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM

He sucks.

The people that have "no idea" of why he's not starting have all their common sense flowing down to their raging boners for the guy.Classy.

We know! You can judge a QB based on 8 passes, we get it! You're smarter than everyone.

But some of us have to look at all the evidence of him as a starting QB to get the idea. If you can manage to do that you can only come to one conclusion if you look at it objectively; The kid wins games!

DBroncos4life
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Don't you think that would be easier to accomplish by not saying anything? Derp!

Man people are still doing the reddit/ rage thing huh?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Classy.

We know! You can judge a QB based on 8 passes, we get it! You're smarter than everyone.

But some of us have to look at all the evidence of him as a starting QB to get the idea. If you can manage to do that you can only come to one conclusion if you look at it objectively; The kid wins games!

1-4 down the stretch. I watched every one of his plays during the jets preseason. I saw nothing. Nada. Not even one TD. And this regular season? Well I've seen him take sacks in the redzone. Punt protect. And a few 3 yard runs with a couple passes thrown in. Hardly the powerhouse that is perceived by some.

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I wasn't including how the jets punt protection has been this year.

I wouldn't expect you to include most things in this argument actually. Your mind is made up, sadly. I really am not concerned by it. There are alot of idiots on both sides of this argument who blame the other side for doing what they do. In short, if you have a strong opinion on either side of the Tebow debate you are a barely functioning retard.

It is too early to tell, he has been successful, and the Jets experiment is a failure of the coaches, not Tebow.

When you grow up, come find me and we will talk.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't expect you to include most things in this argument actually. Your mind is made up, sadly. I really am not concerned by it. There are alot of idiots on both sides of this argument who blame the other side for doing what they do. In short, if you have a strong opinion on either side of the Tebow debate you are a barely functioning retard.

It is too early to tell, he has been successful, and the Jets experiment is a failure of the coaches, not Tebow.

When you grow up, come find me and we will talk.

Comparing someone's strong opinion to mental retardation. And you're asking me to grow up?

Keep pretending its always someone else's fault. Rex Ryan never wanted Tebow. Woody Johnson did for publicity reasons. Rex is telling Johnson to **** off

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Comparing someone's strong opinion to mental retardation. And you're asking me to grow up?

Keep pretending its always someone else's fault. Rex Ryan never wanted Tebow. Woody Johnson did for publicity reasons. Rex is telling Johnson to **** off

A strong opinion with little evidence IS retarded. What do you call it?

JakeZ01
12-06-2012, 07:57 PM
And Rex Ryan never wanting him matters very little. He is the guy who said Sanchez gives him the best chance to win. So.. He is retarded, like you:)

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
A strong opinion with little evidence IS retarded. What do you call it?

Little evidence?? Lol my evidence are his performances.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-06-2012, 08:02 PM
And Rex Ryan never wanting him matters very little. He is the guy who said Sanchez gives him the best chance to win. So.. He is retarded, like you:)

Um ya it does. It's the one of the reasons he's not playing. The other being he sucks. Don't give me the wins arguement either. Vince young has a better win percentage and what's he doing?

Go back to the gator threads.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Jake you have been pwned here. You may leave now