PDA

View Full Version : Redsking/Giants

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Great damn game. That crowd is fired up.

maher_tyler
12-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I didn't realize Slowick was on the Skins staff until tonights game. Whats with Shanahan's love for that guy?

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Looks like someone just put their leg on backwards.

maher_tyler
12-03-2012, 09:31 PM
That same holding call is never called in Doom's favor ever!

bronco militia
12-03-2012, 09:38 PM
The giants should think about letting the skins score now

bronco militia
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
What awesome offense for the shanny's tonight ;D

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Great game by Skins defense!!

bronco militia
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Boom! That's game!

SoCalBronco
12-03-2012, 09:42 PM
But...but...Shanny never wins games in the second half of the season, so Washington could not possibly have won 3 in a row at this point....oh and despite making a big play to go get RG3, he's ruined my team....ruined it I tell you!!!111

/RedskinBronco

Maybe you won't be an ungrateful whiner now......I'm not holding my breath.

That One Guy
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM
I know Shanny's system creates holes for RBs but, man, Morris can break tackles like a mofo. Anyone projected in next year's 6th round that the Broncos could take a look at? That would be a huge difference maker on this team.

That One Guy
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
But...but...Shanny never wins games in the second half of the season, so Washington could not possibly have won 3 in a row at this point....oh and despite making a big play to go get RG3, he's ruined my team....ruined it I tell you!!!111

/RedskinBronco

Imagine if he didn't have to put half his team on IR.

bronco militia
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Holy ****...head butt guss was the last winning redskin QB on MNFB?

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 09:46 PM
That same holding call is never called in Doom's favor ever!

Doom get sit once in awhile but i agree. I think Doom being so short its easy for the OTs to put him in a choke hold as he passes by them.

SoCalBronco
12-03-2012, 09:47 PM

Good point....best defender and star TE on the IR, and he's won 3 in a row. That is somehow not good enough for some people.

maher_tyler
12-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I love how Shanny had the balls to let his Rookie QB throw on 2nd down to pick up the first basically ending any chance the Giants had of getting the ball. We have PFM and we run the ball 3 straight plays!

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Great game, the skins are fun to watch. I like their RB and QB.

baja
12-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Shanny is riding the back of another special QB to fame and fortune. Good for him.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Nice win for the Redskins....good for Shanny.

baja
PS relax So Cal j/k

SouthStndJunkie
At the end of the game, Eli Manning looked like he caught a massive whiff of a port o' poddy on the last day of Bonnaroo.

R8R H8R
12-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Darn good game. There is no way Shanny gets fired now. He and his son have done a heck of a job developing RG111. It was said that while Luck was more NFL ready than RG111 was at the time, but RG had more upside. I'm a believer now. As long as he can stay healthy, he will only get better and be a force.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 09:59 PM
The commentators are acting like the skins offense is unstoppable. They scored 17 pts

That One Guy
12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Darn good game. There is no way Shanny gets fired now. He and his son have done a heck of a job developing RG111. It was said that while Luck was more NFL ready than RG111 was at the time, but RG had more upside. I'm a believer now. As long as he can stay healthy, he will only get better and be a force.

RG3 has more mobility and, so far, I think he is the better decision maker. Maybe his guys are just getting more open or something but so many of his passes are in stride to a wide open receiver streaking across the field. He doesn't have to force near as many as it seems Luck does. I don't know if it's Luck doing so out of tunnel vision or necessity but it's just so much fun to watch RG3 pick a D apart like they're standing in place.

R8R H8R
12-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I love how Shanny had the balls to let his Rookie QB throw on 2nd down to pick up the first basically ending any chance the Giants had of getting the ball. We have PFM and we run the ball 3 straight plays!

Loved that. Classic Shanny. However, to be fair to Fox, the Broncos were in a completely different situation at the time. The Broncos were up 15 points at the time, not 1, and the sole purpose of the runs were to get the Bucs to spend all three of their time outs, which they did.

It was up to the defense to stop them from getting a TD or make them use all the remaining time scoring once, which they did neither.

TDmvp
12-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Ok ...

Im confused . Steve Young and others keep talking about its great to see this "new wrinkle" in styles of O's and how is some great new look to nfl football.

I mean wtf it's the same thing we did last year with Tebow and these talking heads are acting like its the first time we've seen any of this in the MODERN nfl...

I think it's a Tebow Witch hunt and they just hate him and don't want to mention him.
But they are saying all the same things and asking all the same questions they did to Tebow last year like they are new questions.
Like about causing indecision in the D with the fake hand off and whatnot...

I mean my god RG3 is Tebow only he can throw in rhythm and hit open wr's and he runs like a deer instead of a dump truck.

I'm not like a monster Tebownite but really Espn , we've seen all this stuff before this season.

TDmvp
12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
And i better get use of "Witch hunt" in a post rep :P:

That One Guy
12-03-2012, 10:09 PM
The difference is that it's just a wrinkle in the Skins O when they use the QBs mobility. The wrinkle for the Broncos last year was actually throwing it. Theirs isn't necessarily a gimmick.

RedskinBronco
12-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I was at this tremendous game.

**** you Mara!!!

colonelbeef
12-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Shanny is riding the back of another special QB to fame and fortune. Good for him.

you are a complete fool.

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I was at this tremendous game.

**** you Mara!!!

I think the Giants hav ea tough schedule coming up and The Skins are now only a game back.... Wow I would love to see the Skins do something. Funny I couldn't give a **** about them until they started playing good.

Have the Skins and Bears playing the same playoff weekend the Texans and Broncos play!!! Double header.

colonelbeef
12-03-2012, 10:14 PM

Yep- Redskins were projected to win 4 games and finish in last place in a tough NFC east, to be in contention with rookies and injuries up and down the roster, not to mention the handcuffing 18 million dollar penalty given to Snyder, is quite an accomplishment.

Shanahan knows what he is doing, nothing new here.

That One Guy
12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't watch until the end of the 3rd quarter so I just saw the highlights finally and that first TD for the Skins was pretty nifty. Whoever it was that scored just had to grab the floating ball out of the air and run it in.

LongDongJohnson
12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Ok ...

Im confused . Steve Young and others keep talking about its great to see this "new wrinkle" in styles of O's and how is some great new look to nfl football.

I mean wtf it's the same thing we did last year with Tebow and these talking heads are acting like its the first time we've seen any of this in the MODERN nfl...

I think it's a Tebow Witch hunt and they just hate him and don't want to mention him.
But they are saying all the same things and asking all the same questions they did to Tebow last year like they are new questions.
Like about causing indecision in the D with the fake hand off and whatnot...

I mean my god RG3 is Tebow only he can throw in rhythm and hit open wr's and he runs like a deer instead of a dump truck.

I'm not like a monster Tebownite but really Espn , we've seen all this stuff before this season.
So what if tebust ran some of the same plays. Tebust sucks. He had his time in the media last year. I rather have espn talk about QBs that can actually play.

baja
12-03-2012, 10:17 PM
you are a complete fool.

Thanks ColonBeef but I feel I have a ways to go yet.

baja
12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Yep- Redskins were projected to win 4 games and finish in last place in a tough NFC east, to be in contention with rookies and injuries up and down the roster, not to mention the handcuffing 18 million dollar penalty given to Snyder, is quite an accomplishment.

Shanahan knows what he is doing, nothing new here.

That is why he went out and mortgaged the farm for RGIII he knew he'd have been run out of town without him.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 10:22 PM
RG3 has more mobility and, so far, I think he is the better decision maker. Maybe his guys are just getting more open or something but so many of his passes are in stride to a wide open receiver streaking across the field. He doesn't have to force near as many as it seems Luck does. I don't know if it's Luck doing so out of tunnel vision or necessity but it's just so much fun to watch RG3 pick a D apart like they're standing in place.

Without really looking at it, I'm fairly certain Griffin doesn't really have multiple reads like Luck does. He's accurate and has a strong arm, but even i could tell his progressions were pretty simple...and they spendmost their time running. Griffin throws like 20 balls a game...Luck throws it 40-50

extralife
12-03-2012, 10:22 PM
coach doesn't have good players: what an idiot this coach is, he doesn't have any good players

coach has good players: what an idiot this coach is, he'd be nothing without good players

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 10:24 PM
That is why he went out and mortgaged the farm for RGIII he knew he'd have been run out of town without him.

That is part of it certainly, but you know he has been chasing Elway's replacement for 14 years. He knew he would never have a better chance and what other options did he have, select Tannehill?

baja
12-03-2012, 10:26 PM
coach doesn't have good players: what an idiot this coach is, he doesn't have any good players

coach has good players: what an idiot this coach is, he'd be nothing without good players

Would you trade Fox and JDR for Shanny and Jim Haslett straight up right now?

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 10:31 PM
That was a great game. I was really happy for Shanahan. I saw Slowick dicking around on the sideline probably trying to undermine Jim Haslett and get him fired the way he got Coyer fired.

Willynowei
12-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Without really looking at it, I'm fairly certain Griffin doesn't really have multiple reads like Luck does. He's accurate and has a strong arm, but even i could tell his progressions were pretty simple...and they spendmost their time running. Griffin throws like 20 balls a game...Luck throws it 40-50

A simple read option play involves reading guys in the box and deciding whether to hand it off, whether to keep it depending on the movement of a specified defender, and then who to throw it to.

The passing progression overall is simpler than 5 wide, but the total progression is roughly the same. Luck also has 16 picks.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
A simple read option play involves reading guys in the box and deciding whether to hand it off, whether to keep it depending on the movement of a specified defender, and then who to throw it to.

The passing progression overall is simpler than 5 wide, but the total progression is roughly the same. Luck also has 16 picks.

From what I gather, a "simple read option," is reading the safeties pre-snap, then reading the D-end. And we can assume he's done this his whole life. As far as the passes off play action, he seemed to be reading three guys on the same side of the field and checking them down one by one. (i know there's a term for that). It didnt seem overly complicted.

Luck also may have 16 picks, but 200 more attempts without much of a running game. They are both great (id prefer luck long term though)

TDmvp
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM
So what if tebust ran some of the same plays. Tebust sucks. He had his time in the media last year. I rather have espn talk about QBs that can actually play.

No $hit retard ? ... hence in my post I said RG3 can actually hit a open WR ...
Not once did I say Tebow is a good QB.
Tebow lovers and Tebow haters both complete morons.
I was making a statement on how taking heads are acting like the READ OPTION is new again ... Or asking if i was missing something.

But really Longdong you act like a uneducated teenager or a really stupid adult.
Please don't breed.

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM

/RedskinBronco

Seems many can say that about you and the hate on Bowlen. I said it before, RG3 will save Shanny a few years or maybe more. He had to get RG3 at all cost. Hopefully the missed draft picks won't hurt the Redskins future.

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Would you trade Fox and JDR for Shanny and Jim Haslett straight up right now?

Not at this point. Manning does not need a coach so I think Fox is probably a better fit for him since he is much less controlling. Haslett is a good DC although the skins defense isn't that good this year.

If I had Brock Ozweiler as my starting QB I might think about getting the Shannys back in here but as it is Denver is better off with Fox.

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 10:45 PM

Luck is being asked to carry his team with his arm (41 attempts per game). RGIII's passing is being used to simply complement their run game. It's two totally different situations.

That One Guy
12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
From what I gather, a "simple read option," is reading the safeties pre-snap, then reading the D-end. And we can assume he's done this his whole life. As far as the passes off play action, he seemed to be reading three guys on the same side of the field and checking them down one by one. (i know there's a term for that). It didnt seem overly complicted.

Luck also may have 16 picks, but 200 more attempts without much of a running game. They are both great (id prefer luck long term though)

Wow, I don't think that had clicked for me. I know part of that is RG3 only throwing it 10-15 times in some games but that's still a crazy difference. They're definitely going to have a seasoned QB next year in Indy.

maher_tyler
12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
That was a great game. I was really happy for Shanahan. I saw Slowick dicking around on the sideline probably trying to undermine Jim Haslett and get him fired the way he got Coyer fired.

Slowick makes McCoy look like a genius!

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 11:21 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Luck Griffin comparison

Griffin Pass Pct 67 to 55;
Griffin YPP 8.2 to 7.1
Tie TDs pass 17 each
Luck Int % 3.4 to 5.2
Griffin QB Rating 104.4 to 76.1
Griffin Rush 714 yards 8.8 ave 6 TDs to 216 yards 3.7 ave 5 TDs

The only way I think you can justify Luck over RGIII at this point is if you think RGIII will get injured running that offense.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Luck is being asked to carry his team with his arm (41 attempts per game). RGIII's passing is being used to simply complement their run game. It's two totally different situations.

You are so sadly mistaken. You think RGIII is a complimentary player? How many times have you watched him play?

He is one of the most dominating players in the NFL. Throwing the ball 41 times a game does not make you good, especially when you have 16 Ints.

Man-Goblin
12-03-2012, 11:32 PM
RGIII=Super Plummer with star upgrade
Alfred Morris=Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary love child
No first round pick until 2015+Haslett=8-9 win ceiling

maven
12-03-2012, 11:35 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Luck Griffin comparison

Griffin Pass Pct 67 to 55;
Griffin YPP 8.2 to 7.1
Tie TDs pass 17 each
Luck Int % 3.4 to 5.2
Griffin QB Rating 104.4 to 76.1
Griffin Rush 714 yards 8.8 ave 6 TDs to 216 yards 3.7 ave 5 TDs

The only way I think you can justify Luck over RGIII at this point is if you think RGIII will get injured running that offense.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

I'll take Luck over RG3.

SoCalBronco
12-03-2012, 11:37 PM

If by 8-9 win ceiling you mean 12 wins, I agree. Washington is doing okay right now without their top defender and their star TE. Just getting those guys back alone will make this an even better team. And they can use that money that would have went for picks to spend on veteran players (and they'll win their appeal or settle on favorable terms re: the league's BS cap cuts on them, so that will free up more cash). Success will be abundant in Shanny land as far as the eye can see. Get ready for it.

maven
12-03-2012, 11:38 PM

It's not like Shanahan has a great track record of #1 draft picks. They can still maneuver with their other selections and their owner is willing to spend $$$.

maven
12-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I was making a statement on how taking heads are acting like the READ OPTION is new again ..

Did they forget Cam Newton? Or is he out of flavor right now.

Man-Goblin
12-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Comparing Newton and Griffin is doing a disservice to Griffin. It's not even really close. The problem is both coaching staffs are retarding their QBs' development by calling a bunch of safety net read run crap. In the short term it can only get them hurt, and in the long term it will prevent them from being able to compete with elite quarterbacks like what Andrew Luck will become.

Man-Goblin
12-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Same with guys like Tannehill, to a lesser extent, I guess.

Inkana7
12-03-2012, 11:56 PM
If by 8-9 win ceiling you mean 12 wins, I agree. Washington is doing okay right now without their top defender and their star TE. Just getting those guys back alone will make this an even better team. And they can use that money that would have went for picks to spend on veteran players (and they'll win their appeal or settle on favorable terms re: the league's BS cap cuts on them, so that will free up more cash). Success will be abundant in Shanny land as far as the eye can see. Get ready for it.

This is cute.

Willynowei
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM

Which defender (d-end or linebacker) depends on the play. Reading the safeties pre-snap is the first thing you do as a pass first QB. 2 deep safeties indicate Cover 2 or Man 2. 1 deep indicates Cover 3 or Man-1. Corner alignment presnap indicates man align or zone, so you can almost always have a good idea presnap, though never certain. You cannot have one of the highest QB ratings in the game both in PA and in shotgun spread, unless you are very good at coverage reading.

The whole concept of a progression is exactly that - coverage reading and knowing which player has the best chance on his route vs. this coverage.

For example one of the things that distinguishes Peyton is his ability to make presnap reads, its why he's hard to sack or trick, you can't take ur safety in the box and have him try to sprint into man-2 coverage because that's impractical, these reads may seem simple but its what a QB has to do, and its what the good ones do well and the poor ones (sanchez, for example) can't do.

RedskinBronco
12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
You are so sadly mistaken. You think RGIII is a complimentary player? How many times have you watched him play?

He is one of the most dominating players in the NFL. Throwing the ball 41 times a game does not make you good, especially when you have 16 Ints.

+1

Action
12-04-2012, 02:15 AM

12 wins? Hilarious!

Building a team with veteran FAs? Oh yeah, because that formula has proven nothing but success in the NFL. Shanahan has a great track record of FA pick ups too doesn't he? You know, outside of financially putting the Broncos in a **** hole McDaniels had to take the heat for...

With a defense like that, non aggressive and non physical...

That's not winning in todays NFL.

Bacchus
12-04-2012, 02:15 AM

Also look at the NFC East. What have the Cowboys or Eagles done this year to make you think they are going to be good anytime soon. The Skins could get to 10-12 wins next season. After all Denver was 8-8 last year and they'll be 12-4 or 13-3 this year.

Action
12-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Also look at the NFC East. What have the Cowboys or Eagles done this year to make you think they are going to be good anytime soon. The Skins could get to 10-12 wins next season. After all Denver was 8-8 last year and they'll be 12-4 or 13-3 this year.

Cowboys don't have a bad team, they just have ****ty coaching and a ****ty owner/GM.

Eagles don't have a bad team either, something went wrong with the coaching.

None of these teams are a team you could look at and see as bad as the Raiders/Chiefs, and all these teams could easily have a winning season next year and you wouldn't exactly be surprised.

For the Redskins to get 12 wins, are you telling me you think they're as good or better than the Broncos?

LOL

LongDongJohnson
12-04-2012, 02:31 AM
No $hit retard ? ... hence in my post I said RG3 can actually hit a open WR ...
Not once did I say Tebow is a good QB.
Tebow lovers and Tebow haters both complete morons.
I was making a statement on how taking heads are acting like the READ OPTION is new again ... Or asking if i was missing something.

But really Longdong you act like a uneducated teenager or a really stupid adult.
Please don't breed.

Why so upset that they are not talking about tebow? Read option might not be new but its effectiveness is new. A tebow read option sucks and doesnt work. RG3 led read option is deadly. By not mentioning tebow, espn is doing him a favor.

And its to late on the breeding part.

Action
12-04-2012, 02:41 AM
I'm still honestly laughing at the fact there are people in here that love Shanny so much that they have convinced themselves Redskins are winning 12 games next year.

I really don't think people understand what it takes to win 12 games.

Look at the teams that win 12+ games every year and you're telling me you think the Redskins have the roster makeup for that?

Forget the roster make up, tho, they don't even have good enough COACHING to win 12 games.

All this without a 1st round pick until when? How many successful teams in the NFL do you have to see to realize you need to build through a draft and not FA's in order to consistently win?

12 wins.

http://www.pokerforums.org/attachments/general-discussion/2190d1342916241-johnny-seps-prop-bets-shenanigans-thread-george_takei_lols.gif

Action
12-04-2012, 02:46 AM
For example one of the things that distinguishes Peyton is his ability to make presnap reads, its why he's hard to sack or trick, you can't take ur safety in the box and have him try to sprint into man-2 coverage because that's impractical, these reads may seem simple but its what a QB has to do, and its what the good ones do well and the poor ones (sanchez, for example) can't do.

The "read" examples you gave seem simple, but reading an NFL defense is not simple.

And that example you just gave was using during the Atlanta game vs Manning where he threw all those picks. Atlanta did something very similar to that...a got an interception from it.

It also has a lot to do with the OC too... you basically have a 2 pair of eyes in your ear to tell you what to look for and what they're seeing.

Bacchus
12-04-2012, 02:55 AM
Cowboys don't have a bad team, they just have ****ty coaching and a ****ty owner/GM.

Eagles don't have a bad team either, something went wrong with the coaching.

None of these teams are a team you could look at and see as bad as the Raiders/Chiefs, and all these teams could easily have a winning season next year and you wouldn't exactly be surprised.

For the Redskins to get 12 wins, are you telling me you think they're as good or better than the Broncos?

LOL

I did say 10-12. They can most definitely get 10 wins next year. They can get 12 wins if they get some breaks and the defense plays better.

Bacchus
12-04-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm still honestly laughing at the fact there are people in here that love Shanny so much that they have convinced themselves Redskins are winning 12 games next year.

I really don't think people understand what it takes to win 12 games.

Look at the teams that win 12+ games every year and you're telling me you think the Redskins have the roster makeup for that?

Forget the roster make up, tho, they don't even have good enough COACHING to win 12 games.

All this without a 1st round pick until when? How many successful teams in the NFL do you have to see to realize you need to build through a draft and not FA's in order to consistently win?

12 wins.

http://www.pokerforums.org/attachments/general-discussion/2190d1342916241-johnny-seps-prop-bets-shenanigans-thread-george_takei_lols.gif

I said 10-12 and it has nothing to do with Shanahan. Did you see their QB play. They are a 9-10 win team next year and yes with breaks and improved defense they could possibly get to 12

Action
12-04-2012, 03:00 AM
I did say 10-12. They can most definitely get 10 wins next year. They can get 12 wins if they get some breaks and the defense plays better.

No, they're getting 10 wins if they get some breaks and the defense plays better.

Chiefs won 10 games in 2010.

Action
12-04-2012, 03:04 AM
I said 10-12 and it has nothing to do with Shanahan. Did you see their QB play. They are a 9-10 win team next year and yes with breaks and improved defense they could possibly get to 12

I've been following the Redskins all year.

Did I see their QB play? Yeah, the Redskins scored 17 points with the last score coming at the beginning of the 4th.

He threw for 163 yards and 1 touchdown.

What won the game was defense and the running game. Let's be clear on that. Let's be clear too that one of the touchdowns was a complete fluke play.

RG3 has played much better games than he did tonight.

Their division isn't as easy as it looks right now... the other teams that are struggling are a HC away from a winning season.

2KBack
12-04-2012, 06:05 AM
I still find it funny that people are so excited after last night. Washington was far more impressive in their wins over the giants last season, and they were 5-11. Washington owns NY, it's a divisional thing.

They said last night that the redskins are on pace to give up more pass yards than any team in history. Sounds about right. So begins the era of 7-9 win seasons in DC.

RedskinBronco
12-04-2012, 06:53 AM
I still find it funny that people are so excited after last night. Washington was far more impressive in their wins over the giants last season, and they were 5-11. Washington owns NY, it's a divisional thing.

They said last night that the redskins are on pace to give up more pass yards than any team in history. Sounds about right. So begins the era of 7-9 win seasons in DC.

I have to disagree on owning NY. They swept the skins 4 of the last 5 years. Last year they didn't even respect the skins and overlooked them. Make no mistake though, last night the giants were amped up and wanted it bad. Huge statement win by the redskins.

They may not win the division this season but it's going to be theirs starting next season barring any injury to RGIII

Bacchus
12-04-2012, 07:01 AM
I've been following the Redskins all year.

Did I see their QB play? Yeah, the Redskins scored 17 points with the last score coming at the beginning of the 4th.

He threw for 163 yards and 1 touchdown.

What won the game was defense and the running game. Let's be clear on that. Let's be clear too that one of the touchdowns was a complete fluke play.

RG3 has played much better games than he did tonight.

Their division isn't as easy as it looks right now... the other teams that are struggling are a HC away from a winning season.

He threw for 163 and ran for 80 and he dominated the game against the SB Champs. AND like you said he has played better this season.

TonyR
12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
This guy who emailed Bill Simmons last week nailed 1 and 2. Will be interesting to see if 3 and 4 also come to pass. I wouldn't bet against it.

"This might be one of your lazier skunk of the week picks. You aren't seeing the whole NFL landscape right now. Everyone is saying the Falcons haven't beat anybody, and everybody is saying that the Giants have righted the ship after the bye week. So let me tell you exactly what is going to happen the next 3 weeks: (1) the Falcons will beat the Saints and finally be considered the NFC's undisputed best team; (2) RG3 is going to make the Giants look silly, and everyone will be questioning the Giants and people will start jumping on the 'Redskins can still win the division' bandwagon; (3) next week the Giants lose to the Saints at home, and the Falcons crush the Panthers, only reinforcing the narratives; (4) in Week 15, the Giants go to Atlanta to play the Falcons in a game that has 'nobody believes in the Giants anymore' written all over it! That's when the Giants retake control of their own destiny using the exact same narrative they always use. It's all here, and it starts with Atlanta winning tonight, you of all people should see this." http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8694627/the-year-living-cautiously

2KBack
12-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I have to disagree on owning NY. They swept the skins 4 of the last 5 years. Last year they didn't even respect the skins and overlooked them. Make no mistake though, last night the giants were amped up and wanted it bad. Huge statement win by the redskins.

They may not win the division this season but it's going to be theirs starting next season barring any injury to RGIII

OVerlooking them game one is one thing...losing by 2 touchdowns in both games is another. The Giants may have been amped, but penalties killed them. The Skins are better than they have been, but last night was not the great indicator.

Cito Pelon
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
That is part of it certainly, but you know he has been chasing Elway's replacement for 14 years. He knew he would never have a better chance and what other options did he have, select Tannehill?

Well, he could have drafted one of these guys.

Skelton
Ponder
Dalton
Kaepernick

Not that any of them are all that super great, but he's spent two 2nd's, a 3rd, three 1sts, spent FA money on Grossman and Beck, and has Grossman and RG3 to show for it. And a 17-27 record, a couple of last place Div finishes, and 6-6 this year.

RG3 is a keeper, but cost the team 3 1sts and a 2nd. Is RG3 all that much better than some of those other guys that he's worth 3 1sts and a 2nd?

baja
12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, he could have drafted one of these guys.

Skelton
Ponder
Dalton
Kaepernick

Not that any of them are all that super great, but he's spent two 2nd's, a 3rd, three 1sts, spent FA money on Grossman and Beck, and has Grossman and RG3 to show for it. And a 17-27 record, a couple of last place Div finishes, and 6-6 this year.

RG3 is a keeper, but cost the team 3 1sts and a 2nd. Is RG3 all that much better than some of those other guys that he's worth 3 1sts and a 2nd?

If Shanny does the draft selections for Washington than RGIII was a gift.

bronco militia
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
No, they're getting 10 wins if they get some breaks and the defense plays better.

Chiefs won 10 games in 2010.

matt cassel=RGIII

right?

just curious... how did you come up with the 2010 chiefs as an example?

Gutless Drunk
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
We should sub-contract out our 6th round pick out to Shanny and have him pick us up a running back.

TDmvp
12-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Why so upset that they are not talking about tebow? Read option might not be new but its effectiveness is new. A tebow read option sucks and doesnt work. RG3 led read option is deadly. By not mentioning tebow, espn is doing him a favor.

And its to late on the breeding part.

God you're a moron. What is your IQ like 45 - 50 tops ?

Ok replace Tebow in the statement with Cam Newton like someone else did.
I'm not defending Tebow you retard , I don't even think Tebow is a good QB back , you're just to stupid to grasp that.

Moving on.

2KBack
12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
We should sub-contract out our 6th round pick out to Shanny and have him pick us up a running back.

While funny....doesn't work.

How many times did we fool the rest of the league with our late rounders that were so dominant in the Shanny run system. Portis was the only guy to go off to any sort of success and even he was less effective in a different system.

That One Guy
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM
While funny....doesn't work.

How many times did we fool the rest of the league with our late rounders that were so dominant in the Shanny run system. Portis was the only guy to go off to any sort of success and even he was less effective in a different system.

Droughns and Anderson were both still solid after leaving.

Hole or no hole, Morris has more fight in every run than Moreno has all season. I agree that Shanny's system is responsible for some of it but we don't have a RB on the roster of Morris' caliber.

2KBack
12-04-2012, 05:06 PM

Hole or no hole, Morris has more fight in every run than Moreno has all season. I agree that Shanny's system is responsible for some of it but we don't have a RB on the roster of Morris' caliber.

I love Mike Anderson, but no he wasn't. He had a total of 245 yards in 2 seasons away from Denver.

Droughns on the other hand did manage a thousand yard season post Denver, 1...before he faded out of the league.

Morris has good pop, I'm not denying that, but he is a product of the system, he doesn't create his own yards. Which is something we are demanding of Moreno. Unfortunately I see every Washington game. The misdirection offense coupled with the Shanahan run system gives him INSANE room to run. With RGIII defense just cannot attack the line of scrimmage the same way and the Oline really can take control.

That One Guy
12-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I love Mike Anderson, but no he wasn't. He had a total of 245 yards in 2 seasons away from Denver.

Droughns on the other hand did manage a thousand yard season post Denver, 1...before he faded out of the league.

Morris has good pop, I'm not denying that, but he is a product of the system, he doesn't create his own yards. Which is something we are demanding of Moreno. Unfortunately I see every Washington game. The misdirection offense coupled with the Shanahan run system gives him INSANE room to run. With RGIII defense just cannot attack the line of scrimmage the same way and the Oline really can take control.

I'm too lazy to look it up (and don't want to be PROVEN wrong) but I was under the impression I had seen him performing well in isolated games, if nothing else. I really thought he'd done better.

I don't recall the whole story about Droughns but I know he was insane his first year out. Either way, though, you're right that it wasn't really substantial. There for a while it seemed everyone coveted a Denver RB so I might've assumed they performed better than they actually did.

As for Morris, he regularly seems to be breaking tackles that none of our backs do. Yards 1-4 might be a product of Shanny's system but then yards 5-7+ usually require him to make some cuts or discard some tacklers. He does that well. McGahee is the only one I've seen play anything but two hand touch football from the RB position.

TheReverend
12-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Anderson amassed less than 250 yards in the two seasons he spent with Baltimore after leaving Denver.

Oh... and he got a TD. <---"a" as in singular.

But multiple fumbles, so good for him.

TheReverend
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Woops. Im late.

Repped.

RedskinBronco
12-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Shanarat is good for two things. Everyone knows they are:

1) Finding late round RB talent and developing them (this list goes on and on)
2) Scripting the first 15 plays (not that he does this anymore)

Kyle is proving to be quite the coach. He's doing real well and if I were him I would ride RGIII to "top coach" status

TheReverend
12-04-2012, 05:48 PM

...easily

RedskinBronco
12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
...easily

I thought the redskins overpaid...until I saw this kid in action. Unreal.

He is worth that and then some.

That One Guy
12-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Anderson amassed less than 250 yards in the two seasons he spent with Baltimore after leaving Denver.

Oh... and he got a TD. <---"a" as in singular.

But multiple fumbles, so good for him.

I'll remember things in such a way that I'm right and feel good about myself and my knowledge of football. You remember them however you want.

:)

Action
12-04-2012, 07:25 PM
matt cassel=RGIII

right?

just curious... how did you come up with the 2010 chiefs as an example?

An example of a couple breaks and a a solid defense can win you 10 games.

I am not comparing the Redskins roster to the Chiefs roster, I'm comparing the idea of winning 10 games.

Willynowei
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
The "read" examples you gave seem simple, but reading an NFL defense is not simple.

And that example you just gave was using during the Atlanta game vs Manning where he threw all those picks. Atlanta did something very similar to that...a got an interception from it.

It also has a lot to do with the OC too... you basically have a 2 pair of eyes in your ear to tell you what to look for and what they're seeing.

A defense can do something impractical to trick a read option offense in the same way, such as loading the box but bailing out or sprinting a guy down at the last second.

Pre-snap reads are not inherently easier in the offense Rg3 runs than a pass first offense, that is all I'm saying.

Tombstone RJ
12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I thought the redskins overpaid...until I saw this kid in action. Unreal.

He is worth that and then some.

The biggest downside to RG3 is can he stay healthy? Dude can take a lick, that is for sure but those types of hits take a toll after a while.

Kudos to Shanny and the Skins, and the Skins defense too!

That One Guy
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
The biggest downside to RG3 is can he stay healthy? Dude can take a lick, that is for sure but those types of hits take a toll after a while.

In.. maybe it was the first game of the season, RG3 was running and got rocked by someone. He got up crying to the ref about the player leading with his helmet. Apparently Shanny had a sitdown with him afterward and explained the rules and how he'd get lit up like that if he didn't get down. A week or two later, RG3 started running out of bounds 3 or 4 yards before anyone could touch him. Fast forward to now, it looks like he's back to getting hit more so I don't know what's going on. It seemed clear early on that he was intent on staying healthy and not getting needlessly rocked but if he takes the Vick route and just tries to take the beating, he'll end up with the same injury issues that Vick has.

Tombstone RJ
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
In.. maybe it was the first game of the season, RG3 was running and got rocked by someone. He got up crying to the ref about the player leading with his helmet. Apparently Shanny had a sitdown with him afterward and explained the rules and how he'd get lit up like that if he didn't get down. A week or two later, RG3 started running out of bounds 3 or 4 yards before anyone could touch him. Fast forward to now, it looks like he's back to getting hit more so I don't know what's going on. It seemed clear early on that he was intent on staying healthy and not getting needlessly rocked but if he takes the Vick route and just tries to take the beating, he'll end up with the same injury issues that Vick has.

If there's one coach who can develop RG3 into a passer it's Shanny. I think right now Shanny is in a "save my job" phase and he's letting RG3 run roughshod over opposing defenses. But yah, Shanny simple can't allow RG3 to continue to take those big hits when he's outside the pocket doing his improvised awesome RG3 stuff. It's fun to watch and the team will win playing that game, that is, right up until RG3 is sidelined with an injury and then game over.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 05:32 AM

all national media types ask that question and that's fine, it's logical.

But this guy is different. He is too smart to get himself hurt and right now like you said shanny is using his athleticism to exploit defenses.

The thing is, unlike the inaccurate Vick or Vince Young, RG can throw with deadly accuracy.

This is what has Steve Young and Gruden for example salivating. RG3 CAN be a deadly pass QB first but right now they just are exploiting what defenses are confused with.

and also, in case you guys don't know. His favorite player/idol growing up was John Elway. Same as mine :strong:

edit: and growing up, he wanted to be a denver bronco

Bacchus
12-05-2012, 05:40 AM

But this guy is different. He is too smart to get himself hurt and right now like you said shanny is using his athleticism to exploit defenses.

The thing is, unlike the inaccurate Vick or Vince Young, RG can throw with deadly accuracy.

This is what has Steve Young and Gruden for example salivating. RG3 CAN be a deadly pass QB first but right now they just are exploiting what defenses are confused with.

and also, in case you guys don't know. His favorite player/idol growing up was John Elway. Same as mine :strong:

Well, he should not sign an extension and when he becomes a FA he comes to Denver and lives out a childhood dream!!!!

CEH
12-05-2012, 07:25 AM

As a Skins fan you can only hope that this is the case. He still is not doing what Luck is doing from the pocket so the current offense is dictating his easy throws and higher completion rate

I think until he does what Luck is doing the jury is still out that he can make all the throws from the pocket

I read a stat (not sure its true but can be verified with detailed analysis) that prior to the Cowboys game RGIII had failed to convert a 3rd and 8 or longer all year with the pass. That right there would tell me has more to prove to me that he can throw consisently from the pocket

Looking into more detail Redskins are very very poor on 3rd and 8 or longer.
I'd say RGIII must show he can convert these must throws before I say he's an accurate passer let alone "deadly". Luck is consistently moving the chanins from the pocket. RGIII not so much

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 08:36 AM
CEH, I watch every broncos and every redskins game. Believe me, he is just as accurate as luck and reads defenses just as well if not better.

Luck has no running game but that's why some say rg3 has a higher ceiling. He forces defenses to respect his run ability. I don't think you can use that against him. It's all the talk about the change in prototypical qb.

What separates rg3 is he is a deadly accurate passer in pocket and out of pocket. You cannot say the same for Vick, vince young, cam newton, tim Tebow or any other running qb that people thought would change the qb position.

Rg3 is that guy. Believe me, he is so deadly accurate and reads defenses so well. THAT is what scares the living **** out of opponents.

The giants had a scared gameplan. They didn't want rg3 to have the ball, despite the suck of the skins pass defense

CEH
12-05-2012, 08:39 AM
CEH, I watch every broncos and every redskins game. Believe me, he is just as accurate as luck and reads defenses just as well if not better.

Luck has no running game but that's why some say rg3 has a higher ceiling. He forces defenses to respect his run ability. I don't think you can use that against him. It's all the talk about the change in prototypical qb.

What separates rg3 is he is a deadly accurate passer in pocket and out of pocket. You cannot say the same for Vick, vince young, cam newton, tim Tebow or any other running qb that people thought would change the qb position.

Rg3 is that guy. Believe me, he is so deadly accurate and reads defenses so well. THAT is what scares the living **** out of opponents.

The giants had a scared gameplan. They didn't want rg3 to have the ball, despite the suck of the skins pass defense

His 3rd down passing at 8 yards or more is piss poor. I just looked at all their games play by play. He's converted maybe 4 through the air.

If he's deadly accruate I'd expect a better 3rd down %

"Deadly accraute" to me means you should be able to convert these 3rd down at a way better rate.

What say you.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 08:55 AM
There are a lot of factors that go into 3rd and long. Luck has 16 interceptions, so he seems more in the Brett favre sling it all over mold.

You can't go wrong with either qb IMO. However, if we are talking stats, griffin has luck beat in every category except yards and pass attempts.

Still, the main point I'm making is he is so accurate and smart and that's what separates him from other "running" QBs.

We will find out over the next few years. But even steve young sees more steve young in rg3 than another Vick, young or newton. Thats my point, respected football people see the difference.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 09:07 AM

/RedskinBronco

I just saw this. Why do you try so hard to be a ****ing troll? I tried to be civil with you; but forget it.

Go suck a shanny. He hasn't won jack **** here and I still doubt he does. I know this from the Denver days not even his even more pathetic skins days.

Jesus

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 09:15 AM
I just saw this. Why do you try so hard to be a ****ing troll? I tried to be civil with you; but forget it.

Go suck a shanny. He hasn't won jack **** here and I still doubt he does. I know this from the Denver days not even his even more pathetic skins days.

Jesus

You're such a douchebag.

First off - what kind of douche has two favorite teams?

Second - "When Mike Shanahan has his QB, he wins Superbowls" - Steve Young, Monday Night

Third - :lombardi::lombardi::lombardi:

CEH
12-05-2012, 09:20 AM
There are a lot of factors that go into 3rd and long. Luck has 16 interceptions, so he seems more in the Brett favre sling it all over mold.

You can't go wrong with either qb IMO. However, if we are talking stats, griffin has luck beat in every category except yards and pass attempts.

Still, the main point I'm making is he is so accurate and smart and that's what separates him from other "running" QBs.

We will find out over the next few years. But even steve young sees more steve young in rg3 than another Vick, young or newton. Thats my point, respected football people see the difference.

Is he a better passer than Vick and Young not doubt but even Steve Young said becuase of the offense they are running right now his throws are not that difficult to make but on the money down he is way below par for a QB whose "deadly" accurate

You should be excited but next year will be the real litmus test for RGIIII and the 3rd down rate from the pocket must improve before I'd buy into the fact that he is the QB that can be here for the next 10 years and that is really what you want from a franchise QB. A chance to play for the Super Bowl every year for 10+ years

I'm pretty confident in saying Luck is that QB right now

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 09:22 AM
You're such a douchebag.

First off - what kind of douche has two favorite teams?

Second - "When Mike Shanahan has his QB, he wins Superbowls" - Steve Young, Monday Night

Third - :lombardi::lombardi::lombardi:

First - coming to the defense of your buddy?

Second- let's see it. No excuse now.

Third- see young's quote. HOF QBs

I didnt start ****. This jackass won't let go and trolls all day about his little shanny. I left him alone and let him and his opinion alone.

He just chooses to instigate and troll around

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 09:26 AM
First - coming to the defense of your buddy?

Second- let's see it. No excuse now.

Third- see young's quote. HOF QBs

I didnt start ****. This jackass won't let go and trolls all day about his little shanny. I left him alone and let him and his opinion alone.

He just chooses to instigate and troll around

Oh please. He almost won a Superbowl with Jake ****ing Plummer.

Name a more successful coach without HOF QBs or GTFO, please.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 09:34 AM

Whatever, I'm not getting into childish crap. I've had enough of his trolling.

And to answer your question: gruden, tomlin and cowher are 3 recent coaches that are better than shanahan.

If we are taking this a little longer back: I'll take gibbs and parcells.

I'm sure I am leaving some out but Gibbs even won with 3 different QBs.

I'm done with this thread; not getting into trolling crap. Just answered your question though.

Bacchus
12-05-2012, 09:40 AM

:bash::punched:

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 10:13 AM

And to answer your question: gruden, tomlin and cowher are 3 recent coaches that are better than shanahan.

If we are taking this a little longer back: I'll take gibbs and parcells.

I'm sure I am leaving some out but Gibbs even won with 3 different QBs.

I'm done with this thread; not getting into trolling crap. Just answered your question though.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious! Hilarious!

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm actually still laughing about this...

A guy who hasn't even broken triple digit wins, was fired half a decade ago and only gets RUMORED to return because he's on MNF weekly.

2 guys who's hands were held by Dick LeBeau and still don't sniff his wins

Another guy who had a large market presalary cap dynasty and got the **** kicked out of him in the modern game.

At least Parcells is debatable. Though for your "HOF QB" crack, you certainly don't mind that the most dominant player in the entire league back then was LT.

Action
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
His 3rd down passing at 8 yards or more is piss poor. I just looked at all their games play by play. He's converted maybe 4 through the air.

If he's deadly accruate I'd expect a better 3rd down %

"Deadly accraute" to me means you should be able to convert these 3rd down at a way better rate.

What say you.

This is an example of why you can't just look at stats.

From a physical/throwing the ball standpoint, he is pretty accurate (I wouldn't say "deadly" but he's up there in the NFL in terms of accuracy). His ability to throw an accurate football is high.

But in the statistic of completion %, there is so much more than goes into it than the ability to throw a football accurate. Decision making, play calling..etc. The mental part of the game is a huge part of completion %...

baja
12-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Oh really. What was the score.

Oh, that's right he never actually got to that game that he almost won.

There really isn't much difference between you & So Cal and the fans of Tebow, both groups are ridiculous nut huggers.

Kaylore
12-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah we didn't "almost win a superbowl" in 2005. We almost played competitive in the AFCCG before we crapped the bed. Everything went wrong in that game.

CEH
12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
This is an example of why you can't just look at stats.

From a physical/throwing the ball standpoint, he is pretty accurate (I wouldn't say "deadly" but he's up there in the NFL in terms of accuracy). His ability to throw an accurate football is high.

But in the statistic of completion %, there is so much more than goes into it than the ability to throw a football accurate. Decision making, play calling..etc. The mental part of the game is a huge part of completion %...

All I'm sayig is his 3rd down % when he has to pass is not very good . It is what it is. Shanny has said many a time a QB is judged on wins and converting 3rd downs

Hey he's fun to watch and I don't have a dog in this fight but facts are facts

He's not Tebow so he will improve in this area. In fact he must improve in this area

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah we didn't "almost win a superbowl" in 2005. We almost played competitive in the AFCCG before we crapped the bed. Everything went wrong in that game.

Exactly. Everything went wrong in that game.

If not we're in the Superbowl against one of the worst Conference Champions since Oakland represented the AFC.

I say again more emphatically for the slow kids: He almost won a SB with Jake-****ing-Plummer

Tombstone RJ
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
lol

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2012, 04:29 PM

If not we're in the Superbowl against one of the worst Conference Champions since Oakland represented the AFC.

I say again more emphatically for the slow kids: He almost won a SB with Jake-****ing-Plummer

I still replay that Champ "almost" pick from that first drive in my head. If there was ever a microcosm of that game, it was that play.

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I still replay that Champ "almost" pick from that first drive in my head. If there was ever a microcosm of that game, it was that play.

So true... or the ball literally hitting Nick Ferguson in the head.

baja
12-05-2012, 04:45 PM
What I remember about that game was we could not get off the field on third down and especially 3rd and long. That was Shanny's Achilles heal, he thought he was so strong on offense that he didn't need a good defense. That loss was more about lack of defense than it was about Plummer. But alas we have had this argument 10,000 times.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 05:48 PM
What I remember about that game was we could not get off the field on third down and especially 3rd and long. That was Shanny's Achilles heal, he thought he was so strong on offense that he didn't need a good defense. That loss was more about lack of defense than it was about Plummer. But alas we have had this argument 10,000 times.

Could not resist replying to this post. I remember the same exact issue which wouldnt you know it plagues the shanny skins!

The giants converted on like 90% of first half 3rd downs including an embarrassing 3rd and 20 conversion.

Shanny should send a gift basket to the giants for a scared gameplan of running the ball because rg3 is in their heads. Reminds me of shanny in all those playoff blowouts to Peyton and the colts. Peyton was in his head and it didn't help that he constructs clown defenses

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Could not resist replying to this post. I remember the same exact issue which wouldnt you know it plagues the shanny skins!

The giants converted on like 90% of first half 3rd downs including an embarrassing 3rd and 20 conversion.

Shanny should send a gift basket to the giants for a scared gameplan of running the ball because rg3 is in their heads. Reminds me of shanny in all those playoff blowouts to Peyton and the colts. Peyton was in his head and it didn't help that he constructs clown defenses

Dude... you just beat the ****ing world champs and you want to b**** about the coaching of that game like you lost?

Such a ****ing douchebag.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Dude... you just beat the ****ing world champs and you want to b**** about the coaching of that game like you lost?

Such a ****ing douchebag.

LOL maybe because im not a blind homer. I look at what my team does well and what they need to improve on. Just like I am on this board

Btw, stay classy tiger. Really you need to calm down, you are coming off as a guy with many, many issues.

baja
12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
LOL maybe because im not a blind homer. I look at what my team does well and what they need to improve on. Just like I am on this board

Btw, stay classy tiger. Really you need to calm down, you are coming off as a guy with many, many issues.

Well keep in mind the more he posts the more he gets to say "Buy my Book" via his shiny new avatar. You will see his posting frequency trend upward now.

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Plenty calm. Your bull**** is just laughably inept and you deserve to be trolled like the incompetent butch that you are

Action
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM

Sorry, but you don't almost win the Super Bowl when you don't even participate in the event.

John Fox almost won the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme. Now that's an accurate statement.

colorado jones
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Oh please. He almost won an AFC Championship Game with Jake ****ing Plummer.

FYP... But I agree with your point.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Plenty calm. Your bull**** is just laughably inept and you deserve to be trolled like the incompetent butch that you are

LOL

Ok honey; it's time for you to suck a shanny. Enjoy your night sweetheart!

Btw, you should become a skins fan so that you can feed your shanny obsession and be able to mingle with normal society

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 07:52 PM
LOL

Ok honey; it's time for you to suck a shanny. Enjoy your night sweetheart!

Btw, you should become a skins fan so that you can feed your shanny obsession and be able to mingle with normal society

No thanks. Multiple teams are for women.

RedskinBronco
12-05-2012, 08:03 PM
No thanks. Multiple teams are for women.

Oh wow! what an insult hahaha

like i said...many, many issues.

that comment explains a lot about your childhood, dad issues and well a lot of other things. It's ok, let it ALL out.

TheReverend
12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Oh wow! what an insult hahaha

like i said...many, many issues.

that comment explains a lot about your childhood, dad issues and well a lot of other things. It's ok, let it ALL out.

Okay man...

TonyR
12-06-2012, 07:08 AM
One Point Favoring Andrew Luck over Robert Griffin III...

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/12/one-point-favoring-andrew-luck-over.html

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2012, 02:39 PM
One Point Favoring Andrew Luck over Robert Griffin III...

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/12/one-point-favoring-andrew-luck-over.html

Interesting read. I'd still take Luck over RG3 even if RG3 gets ROY. The one thing this article does not consider in the voting is that Luck has the Colts winning with a younger team and no running game. The Colts could very well be a Wild Card team where as the Skins are on the outside looking in right now. I'd definitely vote Luck in over RG3.