PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be wrong...

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
My hats off to everyone in the organization. I was wrong about Manning and happy I was. The Defense has played beyond my expectations, Miller is just money.

Still...Manning must produce a championship, settling for anything less now won't do. The measure of greatness is not just division titles but playoff victories in combination with winning the last game of the season. Manning has maybe 2 good years left then we'll have to retool the offense all over again. So this short cut must pay off, it's the whole reason he was signed in the first place. I'm positive that Bowlen, Elway and Fox expect nothing less as well.

Today they all deserve praise, Manning deserves it, Miller deserves it, and the whole D most certainly deserves it. But I still feel in my gut and in my heart that until Manning hoists the Lombardi over his head the signing can't be called a complete success despite his great regular season comeback.

Maybe to some that's asking too much but since Manning cost the Broncos so much in so many ways and since his window of opportunity is so small nothing else will do. Call my expectations to high but that's how I see it.

The Broncos have to get one of their RB's or a combination to produce because without the threat of a running game I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. Thomas has made a big jump as a WR and the rest of the Receivers have done a serviceable job but it won't be enough.

Clinching early is great too but no guarantee of a championship. Manning's Colt teams did it many times and he only has one ring to show for it so the Broncos must not get complacent or take any games off the rest of the season. If they finish strong they could be the second highest seed in the AFC and get all their playoff games at home except the AFC Championship Game if the Texans get that far. So the remaining games matter and they must continue to improve in all phases of the game.

Congrats enjoy the win today Broncos Fans but they still have work to do. Like taking the Raiders to the Slaughter House on Thursday. GO BRONCOS!'

Requiem
12-03-2012, 03:21 PM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/gty_kotter_watn_3_mr_120815_ssh.jpg

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
:)

Gutless Drunk
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
"Manning cost the Broncos so much in so many ways"

hmmm...

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:26 PM

hmmm...

Money, cap room, draft picks, the future of the team, that is many ways isn't it?

Requiem
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
How did Peyton Manning cost us draft picks?

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM

The whole draft of 2012 would have been different had Manning not signed.

rbackfactory80
12-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Nice of you to man up. I was wrong too. Admitting we were wrong separates us from the constant bickerers and those who need to be right for their manhood.

Let's enjoy this ride while it lasts.

Requiem
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM

Ah . . . probably not. Brockie Boy was born to be a Bronco. Peyton doesn't sign? We still draft the Brockenator. Brocko Nation!!!

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Ah . . . probably not. Brockie Boy was born to be a Bronco. Peyton doesn't sign? We still draft the Brockenator. Brocko Nation!!!

Hopefully by the time he starts he'll be ready, he has the physical tools to be sure, he just needs to get a head for the game now.

baja
12-03-2012, 03:32 PM

Did you start the wave yesterday?

Gutless Drunk
Money, cap room, draft picks, the future of the team, that is many ways isn't it?

Money - It's not my money
Cap room - We had excess that we did not use.
Draft picks - Nope
The future of the team - Tebow (and that is what you mean) will never be a starting QB in the NFL.

bfoflcommish
you were also wrong about Luck..and tebow...and Elway...And Fox.

Ok Ill stop there

mkporter
12-03-2012, 03:33 PM
But I still feel in my gut and in my heart that until Manning hoists the Lombardi over his head the signing can't be called a complete success despite his great regular season comeback.

What other front office moves or strategies would you consider a complete success if they didn't result ultimately in a Super bowl? Pretty much any move that instantly gives you reasonable shot at a super bowl for a couple years should be considered a pretty fine move.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 03:33 PM

hmmm...

Good point.

Hey Mojoe, you do realize that nobody wanted to play with Tebow right? B. Lloyd left, Eddie Royal left.

Don't think for a minute that any of our recent FA acquisitions (Tamme, Dreesen, Adams, Koppen, Stokley, Bannan, Leonhard) would have hopped on board.

Jack Del Rio would have never came to Denver.

The Broncos would have been fighting it out with the rest of the AFC West losers trying to get a chance to be blown out in the playoffs again.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Nice of you to man up. I was wrong too. Admitting we were wrong separates us from the constant bickerers and those who need to be right for their manhood.

Let's enjoy this ride while it lasts.

I hate being wrong, I can't believe Manning, he's had an amazing comeback. I guess whether he wins the SB or not he deserves kudos. I'm glad he's on our team. He's hot and confident right now hopefully he can keep the fire burning into the playoffs.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
You guys brought Tebow into this discussion not me. I'm over it.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Good point.

Hey Mojoe, you do realize that nobody wanted to play with Tebow right? B. Lloyd left, Eddie Royal left.

Don't think for a minute that any of our recent FA acquisitions (Tamme, Dreesen, Adams, Koppen, Stokley, Bannan, Leonhard) would have hopped on board.

The Broncos would have been fighting it out with the rest of the AFC West losers trying to get a chance to be blown out in the playoffs again.

I can't disagree with any of this.

pricejj

The draft probably would have went the exact same, exact Elway and Fox wouldn't have had the balls to draft Wolfe without Del Rio. They probably choose Reyes or Worthy.

Drunken.Broncoholic

Ok Ill stop there

I remember that Luck thread. After yesterday's win Luck became the ONLY number 1 draft pick rookie QB to win 8 in 12 or less starts. Hardly a "bust" so far

TheReverend
12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Jack Del Rio would have never came to Denver

You DO realize Del Rio signed with Denver almost 2 months before Manning signed and long before he was available?

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM

Ok Ill stop there

Yes to all you but you forgot RGIII, he may deserve Rookie of the Year maybe more than Luck.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
You DO realize Del Rio signed with Denver almost 2 months before Manning signed and long before he was available?

Seriously? Crap. Then maybe we would have had a chance to win the SB with Timmy. Guess we'll never know...

pricejj
12-03-2012, 03:45 PM
What's weird is, the Broncos would likely be 4th seed in the AFC right now, with Timon at the helm.

Our running game would be lights out, and the Defense would be lights out. We would kinda be like SF...who I think can beat NE handily.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry, this is complete bull****.

You imply that the signing Manning was some ultimate retarding of future success in the name of some remote shot at present glory. What future did we mortgage to sign Manning? If he left tomorrow, how would we be any worse off? How was this year's draft class some reflection on him?

Isn't the goal to win championships every year? Isn't getting arguably the greatest QB to ever play tha game a great step in that direction. You make it seem like there were two equal paths there.

There was only Plan A. Plan B would be to wallow in mediocrity

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
What's weird is, the Broncos would likely be 4th seed in the AFC right now, with Timon at the helm.

Our running game would be lights out, and the Defense would be lights out. We would kinda be like SF...who I think can beat NE handily.

Doubt this is true. We defied some serious ass odds last year to stumble to 8-8.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM

LOL

Mile High Mojoe
What other front office moves or strategies would you consider a complete success if they didn't result ultimately in a Super bowl? Pretty much any move that instantly gives you reasonable shot at a super bowl for a couple years should be considered a pretty fine move.

True, but now that we have 2 SB wins the only thing I see as a success is another one. That should be the standard always am I wrong? 2nd place sucks we've had plenty of those.

Drunken.Broncoholic

Theres broncos players who just said they would still be fighting for the west title in week 17 had he still been here. That ain't a future

baja
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM

You imply that the signing Manning was some ultimate retarding of future success in the name of some remote shot at present glory. What future did we mortgage to sign Manning? If he left tomorrow, how would we be any worse off? How was this year's draft class some reflection on him?

Isn't the goal to win championships every year? Isn't getting arguably the greatest QB to ever play tha game a great step in that direction. You make it seem like there were two equal paths there.

Not to mention there is nobody in the universe better to teach Osweiler the mental side of playing QB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
True, but now that we have 2 SB wins the only thing I see as a success is another one. That should be the standard always am I wrong? 2nd place sucks we've had plenty of those.

Personally I'd much rather have a double digit win season and some playoff success, even if not a SB, than have to endure a season that mirrors the chiefs chargers or raiders.

We're 2 years out from being the worst team in the league. Just 2 years have happened and they are in SB talks. People estimated it would take 3-5 years to clean up McDaniels mess. I'd say its a success already.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:52 PM

That's easy to say now but there was a lot of doubt about this move going in and I don't believe it was unfounded or crazy at all. All of us want the same result here, we can agree on that.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
You guys brought Tebow into this discussion not me. I'm over it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rdAv2t0oJxs/TqGiXhWTRfI/AAAAAAAAFpQ/2uzHBFBWkPw/s1600/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpeg

DBroncos4life
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Manning has more then two years of football left in him. ROFL!

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
The bottom line is I'm a Diehard Broncos Fan. I was wrong about Manning, frankly I still can't believe how well he's played. I fully expected to get spanked for admitting it, I'm glad I was wrong. I want a winner as bad as any Broncos Fan and a SB win even worse.

gunns
12-03-2012, 03:58 PM
The draft probably would have went the exact same, exact Elway and Fox wouldn't have had the balls to draft Wolfe without Del Rio. They probably choose Reyes or Worthy.

I don't know about this. They did pick Von Miller. Who knows a good defensive guy better than an a guy who had to play against them...Elway.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 03:58 PM
That's easy to say now but there was a lot of doubt about this move going in and I don't believe it was unfounded or crazy at all. All of us want the same result here, we can agree on that.

1) I didnt doubt it for a second

2) I still dont see why its an epic failure if he doesnt win a super bowl. You speak as if there was another path that also could have gotten us there. There wasn't. This was it.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Jekyll15Hyde is on my ignore list, he must be a real hater. I can't remember who you are but thanks for making my list.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Jekyll15Hyde is on my ignore list, he must be a real hater. I can't remember who you are but thanks for making my list.

Awwwww... That makes me happy

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
1) I didnt doubt it for a second

2) I still dont see why its an epic failure if he doesnt win a super bowl. You speak as if there was another path that also could have gotten us there. There wasn't. This was it.

Congrats you're right I'm wrong. There could have been another path but we'll never know what it was or if it would've worked. Turns out this worked pretty well, that's great. What more do you want from me? A public execution?

I don't totally agree with you that's all. It's simple, I love the Broncos and I want them to win, win it all. That's all I can say. That's the way I've felt all of my life, what more is there?

DENVERDUI55
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM

Manning doesn't cost anything. His 19 mil goes farther than that spent on FA and picks.

ghwk
12-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Personally I'd much rather have a double digit win season and some playoff success, even if not a SB, than have to endure a season that mirrors the chiefs chargers or raiders.

We're 2 years out from being the worst team in the league. Just 2 years have happened and they are in SB talks. People estimated it would take 3-5 years to clean up McDaniels mess. I'd say its a success already.

This. No matter what this season is a success for me and the team. I hate the hypocracy of mojo with "I am wrong..." only to be followed by a huge BUT statement "the season and the signing of Manning can't be considered a success unless we win a super bowl". So what you are really saying is you aren't wrong until we win the Superbowl.

F that opinion. Icing on the cake if we go that far. We were 5-11 team last year that got 3 of the luckiest wins in football. I have enjoyed every game this year, I have believed we could win every one. I never felt that way last year.

I don't know what rock you crawled out from under but go back until you learn to appreciate things more.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Manning doesn't cost anything. His 19 mil goes farther than that spent on FA and picks.

Again... yes, yes and still more yes. In hindsight it was brilliant but no one can say for sure that this team would be were it is today. Many fans hoped it would be so but didn't know it was a lock, that's BS. I still can't believe they clinched in Week 12, this season is one of the greatest stories in the history of the franchise. I'm totally on board. GO BRONCOS!!! GO MANNING!!

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
This. No matter what this season is a success for me and the team. I hate the hypocracy of mojo with "I am wrong..." only to be followed by a huge BUT statement "the season and the signing of Manning can't be considered a success unless we win a super bowl". So what you are really saying is you aren't wrong until we win the Superbowl.

F that opinion. Icing on the cake if we go that far. We were 5-11 team last year that got 3 of the luckiest wins in football. I have enjoyed every game this year, I have believed we could win every one. I never felt that way last year.

I don't know what rock you crawled out from under but go back until you learn to appreciate things more.

Again I'll repeat this... "It's simple, I love the Broncos and I want them to win, win it all. That's all I can say. That's the way I've felt all of my life, what more is there?"

I want a SB win, Manning was brought in to get us one, if he doesn't he hasn't achieved what he was brought in to do. Call it a partial success or a failure but winning it all has to be why he's here.

Since my heart failure I've decided that engaging in hate filled conversations isn't going to improve the quality of my life. If it makes some of you feel better about yourselves to attack me personally have at it, I won't return it now, I can't.

SonOfLe-loLang
Congrats you're right I'm wrong. There could have been another path but we'll never know what it was or if it would've worked. Turns out this worked pretty well, that's great. What more do you want from me? A public execution?

I don't totally agree with you that's all. It's simple, I love the Broncos and I want them to win, win it all. That's all I can say. That's the way I've felt all of my life, what more is there?

I think we're all in agreement that we want to win it all, i just dont see why it would be a greater failure if we dont. (as opposed to any other path)

crush17
This thread sucks.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I think we're all in agreement that we want to win it all, i just dont see why it would be a greater failure if we dont. (as opposed to any other path)

In those words it sounds better. I'll agree with you, I mean this sincerely now you're right.

lonestar
12-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Still...Manning must produce a championship, settling for anything less now won't do. The measure of greatness is not just division titles but playoff victories in combination with winning the last game of the season. Manning has maybe 2 good years left then we'll have to retool the offense all over again. So this short cut must pay off, it's the whole reason he was signed in the first place. I'm positive that Bowlen, Elway and Fox expect nothing less as well.
'

Maybe I missed something but why would we have to retool?

Everyone on the offense is young save maybe Ma Gahee, the receivers can still run routes, cathe the ball and run with it afterwards.
The OL still can block for runs and passing and last but not least RBs still carry the ball.

The only thing different is Manning will not be calling the plays in the play book.

Let's hope that Brock learns from his mentor and carries on, probably why John Drafted him. To learn and be ready when our HOF QB retires.

Nothing to retool.

ZONA
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about "retool" the offense in 2 years. We have some awesome young WR's, some nice young OLmen. Why don't you just say, we'll have to get another QB in 2 years. Well, I think that's the whole idea of grooming Brock is it not? He's got a 3 year window to learn behind Peyton (this year and 2 more, IMO).

I completely disagree with you that the entire offense needs to be retooled when Manning retires.

ZONA
12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Manning has more then two years of football left in him. ROFL!

Well it's wrong to say he doesn't but it's also foolish to say he does. You don't really know when QB's get to this age. He could play 2 more seasons after this year, maybe 3, I highly doubt 4 and I would say absolutely No Way to 5.

ScottXray
12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Maybe I missed something but why would we have to retool?

Everyone on the offense is young save maybe Ma Gahee, the receivers can still run routes, cathe the ball and run with it afterwards.
The OL still can block for runs and passing and last but not least RBs still carry the ball.

The only thing different is Manning will not be calling the plays in the play book.

Let's hope that Brock learns from his mentor and carries on, probably why John Drafted him. To learn and be ready when our HOF QB retires.

Nothing to retool.

Manning is a once every 25 year QB. In fact he is probably the best thinking QB that has ever played the game. A coach on the field, probably better at knowing what the defense is doing than anyone else on the team ( including the coaches).

A talent like his is not going to be easy to replace because of that. A pure drop back passing QB is not enough. Expecting that Osweiler will be able to perform like Manning is pretty unlikely. Unless he is in the Franchise category ( (a big IF) there will be significant drop off when he takes the reins after Manning. Manning is Manning becasue he is Dedicated and works harder than almost anyone else. Combined with his talent that gives him his
dominance. I have no idea if Osweiler ( or any other QB) we have or might get have that level of work ethic. I have heard that Luck is like Manning in that respect. It is starting to show in the results also.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Doubt this is true. We defied some serious ass odds last year to stumble to 8-8.

Orton started 1-4 and took all the 1st team snaps from Tebow throughout the offseason all the way to the bye week.

Theres broncos players who just said they would still be fighting for the west title in week 17 had he still been here. That ain't a future

Could be. One thing is definitely true. Manning has us fighting for a bye and the #2 seed. That would not have happened with Tebow. That might make the ultimate difference for us to be able to get to the Superbowl.

I don't know about this. They did pick Von Miller. Who knows a good defensive guy better than an a guy who had to play against them...Elway.

Like Rev said, Del Rio was here with or without Manning...so the draft would have gone the exact same. I think Fox and Elway kind of give Del Rio credit for finding Wolfe.

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 04:52 PM

SD would be leading the division with a 6-5 record if Tebow was in Denver. What part of horrible do people not understand?

He was figured out. Denver lost at home last year to the Chiefs 7-3. All the opposing teams had to do was rush three or 4 but not a full rush just keep Tebow in front of them and do not let him run. Drop everyone else into coverage and dare him to throw the ball. He can't complete a pass when its in coverage. He can't do it. Pittsburgh were the only ones towards the end of the season not to do this. Instead the stacked the LOS and blitzed often leaving their WR in 1 to 1 coverage.

Tebow has been figured out and he'll NEVER EVER be an effective NFL QB again.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24330961.jpghttp://img.izismile.com/img/img5/20120112/640/tom_brady_or_tim_tebow_640_07.jpghttp://shortsportshorts.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/tebow2.jpghttp://nflhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/vxfb1w.jpg

pricejj
12-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Manning is a once every 25 year QB. In fact he is probably the best thinking QB that has ever played the game. A coach on the field, probably better at knowing what the defense is doing than anyone else on the team ( including the coaches).

A talent like his is not going to be easy to replace because of that. A pure drop back passing QB is not enough. Expecting that Osweiler will be able to perform like Manning is pretty unlikely. Unless he is in the Franchise category ( (a big IF) there will be significant drop off when he takes the reins after Manning. Manning is Manning becasue he is Dedicated and works harder than almost anyone else. Combined with his talent that gives him his
dominance. I have no idea if Osweiler ( or any other QB) we have or might get have that level of work ethic. I have heard that Luck is like Manning in that respect. It is starting to show in the results also.

All Brock has to do is record absolutely everything that Manning does and says...then play it back for our next QB draft pick. Dynasty preserved.

Mile High Mojoe
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Obviously at this stage Brock just can't be compared to Manning. Manning is a whole other animal, not just a great player but a Coach on the field, he makes everyone look better. I sincerely hope Brock gets there but the talent on Offense with another QB at this point is an average to below average team. The OL has been a real strength and lets hope it continues. But other than Thomas and Decker possibly at WR none of the other skill position players are what you'll call great players. McGahee is nearly done, no RB we have at this point is going to step and play the way he has yet. I'm just honestly trying to be objective about it. Today if Manning goes down the D would have to carry the team and I'd say that Manning's play has helped to inspire them to play above their abilities as well.

Maybe Manning has more than 1 or 2 more years, it'll give Brock plenty of team to grasp the offensive.

LongDongJohnson
12-03-2012, 05:04 PM
We can tell you still miss tebow.

DENVERDUI55
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Again... yes, yes and still more yes. In hindsight it was brilliant but no one can say for sure that this team would be were it is today. Many fans hoped it would be so but didn't know it was a lock, that's BS. I still can't believe they clinched in Week 12, this season is one of the greatest stories in the history of the franchise. I'm totally on board. GO BRONCOS!!! GO MANNING!!

Ok lets go ahead and say that the signing was an abortion the size of the Redskins and Mcnabb marriage. If that happened Denver would be in the same spot as last year and that would be a team with a smoking hole at QB. We have a prospect with a year of NFL training under him and who knows how he will turn out. Sure Denver blew 19 Million on Manning but lets be honest they made more than that with his signing. This next offseason wouldn't be much different than last other than last year we absolutely know we did not have a legit NFL QB on the roster.

baja
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Obviously at this stage Brock just can't be compared to Manning. Manning is a whole other animal, not just a great player but a Coach on the field, he makes everyone look better. I sincerely hope Brock gets there but the talent on Offense with another QB at this point is an average to below average team. The OL has been a real strength and lets hope it continues. But other than Thomas and Decker possibly at WR none of the other skill position players are what you'll call great players. McGahee is nearly done, no RB we have at this point is going to step and play the way he has yet. I'm just honestly trying to be objective about it. Today if Manning goes down the D would have to carry the team and I'd say that Manning's play has helped to inspire them to play above their abilities as well.

Maybe Manning has more than 1 or 2 more years, it'll give Brock plenty of team to grasp the offensive.

Bull shiit! Brock will be better that Manning, he's taller, prettier and has a helmet that fits. Silly boy.

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Bull shiit! Brock will be better that Manning, he's taller, prettier and has a helmet that fits. Silly boy.

and they both have pretty boy, yuppie first names.

Brock and Peyton going to the club to play some squash.

DBroncos4life
12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Well it's wrong to say he doesn't but it's also foolish to say he does. You don't really know when QB's get to this age. He could play 2 more seasons after this year, maybe 3, I highly doubt 4 and I would say absolutely No Way to 5.

Sorry I don't agree. Manning is only getting better with age. He doesn't need a strong arm to do what he does, just his huge brain.

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Mile High Mojoe, big deal that you admit you were wrong. You are always wrong. This is probably the first time you have admitted it though. How is that opinion that Andrew Luck sucks and won't be anything in the NFL?

He cost us high draft picks for the next few years!

errand
12-03-2012, 06:04 PM

Really? Did Elway tell you who he would've targeted had Manning not signed with us?

lonestar
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM

My point was the rest of the O will be trained the right way. Thus the need to retool is absurd.

Add to that, manning is taking the rookie under his wing and teaching at every opportunity unlike in years past. I suspect that John saw something in this kid that told him he was worth the pick to replace Manning down the road.

Not saying he will, but so far John has hit just about every pick he has made. For now that is good enough for me.

As far as work ethic it is unlikely that those trained by Manning will slack off and perhaps even work harder because they know the kid needs their help. They will have tasted big wins and hopefully a couple more lombardis. Might be enough incentive to continue.

baja
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Really? Did Elway tell you who he would've targeted had Manning not signed with us?

To be fair we probably would have taken Brandon Weeden

theAPAOps5
12-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Good point.

EDIT: Below is my original post. I misspoke and said Royal signed after Manning. He did not, he knew Peyton was a very legit possibility and still left. Carry on with original post

Did you know that that just as the good Reverend pointed out about Del Rio, Royal with Cheese had not yet signed with Washington or San Diego. The Broncos still wanted him and they had Manning, yet he still left. It wasn't about money because he took a lesser deal with Whales Vagina than what the Redskins offered.

He wanted a change of scenery because in his eyes he needed it to revitalize his career. Turns out he just sucks, because he is the same in Whales Vagina.

SeedReaver
12-03-2012, 06:28 PM
My hats off to everyone in the organization. I was wrong about Manning and happy I was. The Defense has played beyond my expectations, Miller is just money.

Today they all deserve praise, Manning deserves it, Miller deserves it, and the whole D most certainly deserves it. But I still feel in my gut and in my heart that until Manning hoists the Lombardi over his head the signing can't be called a complete success despite his great regular season comeback.

Maybe to some that's asking too much but since Manning cost the Broncos so much in so many ways and since his window of opportunity is so small nothing else will do. Call my expectations to high but that's how I see it.

The Broncos have to get one of their RB's or a combination to produce because without the threat of a running game I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. Thomas has made a big jump as a WR and the rest of the Receivers have done a serviceable job but it won't be enough.

Clinching early is great too but no guarantee of a championship. Manning's Colt teams did it many times and he only has one ring to show for it so the Broncos must not get complacent or take any games off the rest of the season. If they finish strong they could be the second highest seed in the AFC and get all their playoff games at home except the AFC Championship Game if the Texans get that far. So the remaining games matter and they must continue to improve in all phases of the game.

Congrats enjoy the win today Broncos Fans but they still have work to do. Like taking the Raiders to the Slaughter House on Thursday. GO BRONCOS!'
Jesus, give the guy props. He was a real tool, but he's being a class act even with you guys STILL hammering him. MHM, I appreciate you toning down your douchiness.

Turd_Ferguson
12-03-2012, 06:39 PM
That's easy to say now but there was a lot of doubt about this move going in and I don't believe it was unfounded or crazy at all. All of us want the same result here, we can agree on that..

DBroncos4life
12-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Did you know that that just as the good Reverend pointed out about Del Rio, Royal with Cheese had not yet signed with Washington or San Diego. The Broncos still wanted him and they had Manning, yet he still left. It wasn't about money because he took a lesser deal with Whales Vagina than what the Redskins offered.

He wanted a change of scenery because in his eyes he needed it to revitalize his career. Turns out he just sucks, because he is the same in Whales Vagina.

Royal signed five days before Manning signed with the Broncos.

errand
12-03-2012, 06:44 PM

Au contraire mother ****er!

Many of us told you morons that signing Manning would vastly improve the play of the WR's, TE's and OL....and that playing with a lead would make our defense better. You scoffed at that notion....

Many of us said that signing Manning would bring quality FA's to our team, and we signed guys who have made considerable contributions like Tamme, Stokley, Adams, Porter, Carter, Brooking, Dreesen, Holliday, Leonhard, Koppen, etc...you and your cronies scoffed at that notion too.

Many of us told you Elway had a plan to build this team into the SB contender it is, and it started with signing a 1st ballot unanimous choice HoF QB and trading away a great guy/bad QB....it was followed by signing key free agents to fill roles on this team that you and your clown friends called non talented...and ended with a very solid draft that netted us a starter and a couple of key reserves who have helped this team win the AFC West....and again you scoffed at that take as well.

Now you wanna come crawling back?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3HeyQbrqN4M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
12-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Jesus, give the guy props. He was a real tool, but he's being a class act even with you guys STILL hammering him. MHM, I appreciate you toning down your douchiness.

**** him!

He claimed all of those now blasting him were idiots when they told him that what has happened this season would happen..

He's just getting what he deserves...if he wants to "man up" then let him take his ass kicking like a man.

baja
12-03-2012, 06:52 PM
**** him!

He claimed all of those now blasting him were idiots when they told him that what has happened this season would happen..

He's just getting what he deserves...if he wants to "man up" then let him take his ass kicking like a man.

Do you even know what an ass kicking is? Somehow I doubt it.

theAPAOps5
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Royal signed five days before Manning signed with the Broncos.

****, I got it twisted. He knew Manning was a strong possibility and still signed with San Diego. My bad, thanks for the clarification.

errand
12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Do you even know what an ass kicking is? Somehow I doubt it.

i know i've ever been on the receiving end of one...

Blueflame
12-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Um... but which is it, Mojoe... "Happy to be wrong" (thread title) or "I hate being wrong." (Post #16)? It would seem that the 2 statements are rather contradictory...

theAPAOps5
12-03-2012, 07:13 PM

Probably got to be pretty fast by running way, didn't you? :angel:

bowtown
12-03-2012, 07:16 PM
EDIT: Below is my original post. I misspoke and said Royal signed after Manning. He did not, he knew Peyton was a very legit possibility and still left. Carry on with original post

San Diego .... test .... test ... Sandy Ego ... test ... is that a filter?

colorado jones
12-03-2012, 07:16 PM

The machismo is strong with this one.

errand
12-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Um... but which is it, Mojoe... "Happy to be wrong" (thread title) or "I hate being wrong." (Post #16)? It would seem that the 2 statements are rather contradictory...

Exactly...

He wants to enjoy the Broncos winning 9 out of 12 games and winning the AFCW, but realized "Doh!" he trashed this team, it's players, it's HoF QB's (Elway and Manning), the FO, the coaching staff and called those of us who didn't have likewise opinions of the team morons.

so he comes in here figuring he'll sorta admit he was kinda, maybe wrong, but leaves the door open to where he can come back and say the season wasn't really a success should Manning not help us win the SB

errand
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Probably got to be pretty fast by running way, didn't you? :angel:

HaHa...good one dude.

nope, generally I'm a level headed guy who doesn't get emotional about alot of things...and emotions running high is generally what leads to fights.

That and the fact that I'm not a pussy helps too, former Marine who is still in pretty damn good shape even at 51 years of age.....I don't start fights, but I don't run from them either...and if I know a fight is inevitable, I don't mind throwing the first punch.....

just saying.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 07:25 PM
To be fair we probably would have taken Brandon Weeden

They would have had to hurdle the Browns to do that.

theAPAOps5
12-03-2012, 07:26 PM
HaHa...good one dude.

nope, generally I'm a level headed guy who doesn't get emotional about alot of things...and emotions running high is generally what leads to fights.

That and the fact that I'm not a p***Y helps too, former Marine who is still in pretty damn good shape even at 51 years of age.....I don't start fights, but I don't run from them either...and if I know a fight is inevitable, I don't mind throwing the first punch.....

just saying.

As I read your reply I was pretty sure you got I was kidding around. But then you went into detail about why, and unnecessarily too! So now I am not sure if you knew I was kidding!

theAPAOps5
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
They would have had hurdled the Browns to do that.

You don't think that was a very real possibility?

baja
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
They would have had to hurdle the Browns to do that.

I think Elway would have traded up. He was the most NFL ready QB and no way he goes with Tim Tebow, that much is clear now.

theAPAOps5
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
San Diego .... test .... test ... Sandy Ego ... test ... is that a filter?

No but it sure made you think there was one didn't it! My use of Whales Vagina started when I made the gameday thread.

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
To be fair we probably would have taken Brandon WeedenROFL!

Wes Mantooth
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Mojoe,
I need to see the following in writing:
1. Suck for Luck was a worthwhile endeavor.
2. Pac 12 (not 10) is a credible conference.
3. Tebow is not a starter and was never our future.

baja
12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
ROFL!

Didn't say I would have liked it just what we likely would have done had we miss out on Manning.

BroncoBeavis
12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Good point.

This is Epic Fail.

B Lloyd was stuffed on a flight for St Louis by the Front Office well before his first full game of the season with Tim. Adams signed with us the same day Royal signed with the Chargers to 'escape' Turrible Timmy. The Broncos cut Stokely a couple years ago, right before year two of Kyle Orton's Pro Bowl stint in Denver, thinking his best days were behind him. Now suddenly Manning's the only way we could've possibly lured him off of his Denver area couch.

And the best part.... JDR signed in January, while Peyton was still wearing the Horseshoe and Elway was still saying stuff about Tebow having earned the starting job going into next camp.

Edit: I see Rev hit that last point. Still, it was icing on the steaming pile.

errand
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
As I read your reply I was pretty sure you got I was kidding around. But then you went into detail about why, and unnecessarily too! So now I am not sure if you knew I was kidding!

Wasn't sure if you were kidding or not...so figured I'd elaborate

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mgiNWQcXG-Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 09:55 PM
All Brock has to do is record absolutely everything that Manning does and says...then play it back for our next QB draft pick. Dynasty preserved.

Hilarious!

So much truth in this post. I honestly don't believe Osweiler will ever be the starting QB for the Broncos. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what my gut tells me. Manning will play for 3-4 years, and Elway will see a QB he likes more than Osweiler before the guy really gets a chance.

R8R H8R
12-03-2012, 11:12 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mgiNWQcXG-Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was Champ himself that came to Tebow's defense when these comments were made. The jets season is now lost and you can't blame that on Tebow. The blame goes to Rex, Sanchez, and other "terrible" players. Tebow is a bystander in this mess, and its obvious they have many other problems, of which Tebow is the least of them, IMHO.

Mogulseeker
12-03-2012, 11:52 PM

Okay, that was actually kinda of funny.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Exactly...

He wants to enjoy the Broncos winning 9 out of 12 games and winning the AFCW, but realized "Doh!" he trashed this team, it's players, it's HoF QB's (Elway and Manning), the FO, the coaching staff and called those of us who didn't have likewise opinions of the team morons.

so he comes in here figuring he'll sorta admit he was kinda, maybe wrong, but leaves the door open to where he can come back and say the season wasn't really a success should Manning not help us win the SB

I'm guilty as charged, everything you said is true.

Again... I've owned what I've said. My opinion wasn't the same as yours and as it turns out I wasn't right about Manning as you and many others on the OM were.

I freely admit that my frustration with the Broncos failures over the last several years brought me to a boiling point this offseason. I was taking the losing seasons way to hard. The QB position has really been tough to cope with. My standards have been to high and I have taken the games way to seriously.

After my heart issue in May I realized just in time that I can't afford to have the same attitude today. My temper flared out of control way too much. I just can't do it anymore, after being hospitalized and coming close to death and a painfully long 2 month recovery I had to reevaluate what's really important and what isn't.

I'm trying not to take the Broncos games so personal, I can't waste any more of my life being angry and hateful because it literally could kill me.

So if you and the others on here want to brow beat me go ahead, I'm not going to react to it because I'm done being angry and hateful. You won't see me in here trying to be a wreaking ball anymore. I'm done it's not worth it. I apologized to anyone in here I've offended I was a 1st class ass clown sometimes no doubt about it.

That said I'm happy for the teams success and Manning's because I've been a Fan for 40 plus years. No one will be more happy than me to see Manning and the team win a 3rd SB, no one.

theAPAOps5
12-04-2012, 12:14 AM
We are all grade A ass clowns at times. It's the orange mane, it isn't intramurals! Hope you are on the upswing and back on the right path now. Sorry to hear about the health scare.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2012, 12:19 AM
We are all grade A ass clowns at times. It's the orange mane, it isn't intramurals! Hope you are on the upswing and back on the right path now. Sorry to hear about the health scare.

Thanks I appreciate it. I had to make some drastic changes and I stil fall on my butt now and then but I have improved.

Bacchus
12-04-2012, 01:10 AM
It was Champ himself that came to Tebow's defense when these comments were made. The jets season is now lost and you can't blame that on Tebow. The blame goes to Rex, Sanchez, and other "terrible" players. Tebow is a bystander in this mess, and its obvious they have many other problems, of which Tebow is the least of them, IMHO.

I agree, Chip made a pretty good case for Tebow. The Jets cannot start him now because their season is lost.

Durango
12-04-2012, 01:32 AM

What?? Manning may be around for three to four seasons, and Elway will probably continue to build the offense through the draft and free agency. This comment makes no sense.

The idea that Manning has 'only one ring' is laughable. The teams he took to the play-offs in large part were one man shows much like the Elway Bronco teams of the 80's. The fact that he got a ring at all is testament to his ability to put a team on his shoulders and carry them further than they ever would've gotten without him.

For once, he has what seems to be a championship level defense to compliment the offense, and he has some great pieces offensively that will get even more potent in the next two or three seasons.

Manning cost the Broncos 'so much in so many ways' means what, exactly? As far as I can tell, the guy is worth every dime.

You seem determined to rationalize why the Broncos won't go far, and I can only assume that's because you predicted Manning wouldn't work out somewhere down the line.

Super Bowl or bust is the mantra of all 32 teams. Only one actually carries home the prize. Manning won't win it every year of course, but I'm betting Denver is seriously in the conversation every single year he is here, and that makes it more than worthwhile.

Go follow Cleveland. They need fans who can explain why they can't do anything. Lord knows, they haven't found the answer yet. We have.

Broncos4Life
12-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Mods, Please send this thread to the horses ass! Please!

All the guy had to say was I was wrong, I'm glad we're kicking ass! But instead all the douchiness comes off with a bit of,"I wish the Broncos would have started playing like ****, and Manning playing like he played against ATL. Throwing pick all over the place and having a hard time throwing to his right or wherever.......

Geeeeez.....STFU dimwit!

ps. Hope you wont take the games to serious anymore. The Mane has lost a few good guys the past few years. At least you don't have to deal with TT's cardiac style of play anymore. That **** was literally killing me too. Welcome back.:bronxrox:

socalorado
12-04-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm guilty as charged, everything you said is true.

Again... I've owned what I've said. My opinion wasn't the same as yours and as it turns out I wasn't right about Manning as you and many others on the OM were.

I freely admit that my frustration with the Broncos failures over the last several years brought me to a boiling point this offseason. I was taking the losing seasons way to hard. The QB position has really been tough to cope with. My standards have been to high and I have taken the games way to seriously.

After my heart issue in May I realized just in time that I can't afford to have the same attitude today. My temper flared out of control way too much. I just can't do it anymore, after being hospitalized and coming close to death and a painfully long 2 month recovery I had to reevaluate what's really important and what isn't.

I'm trying not to take the Broncos games so personal, I can't waste any more of my life being angry and hateful because it literally could kill me.

So if you and the others on here want to brow beat me go ahead, I'm not going to react to it because I'm done being angry and hateful. You won't see me in here trying to be a wreaking ball anymore. I'm done it's not worth it. I apologized to anyone in here I've offended I was a 1st class ass clown sometimes no doubt about it.

That said I'm happy for the teams success and Manning's because I've been a Fan for 40 plus years. No one will be more happy than me to see Manning and the team win a 3rd SB, no one.

Well, it took 4 pages but you admit you are/were wrong, and now you can move on.
Now seriously dude, just relax and enjoy.

TheReverend
12-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Hilarious!

So much truth in this post. I honestly don't believe Osweiler will ever be the starting QB for the Broncos. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what my gut tells me. Manning will play for 3-4 years, and Elway will see a QB he likes more than Osweiler before the guy really gets a chance.

I've been very high on Osweiler for a year now, but even so, I feel the same way. I can appreciate the better safe than sorry approach as well.

DENVERDUI55
12-04-2012, 07:14 AM
****, I got it twisted. He knew Manning was a strong possibility and still signed with San Diego. My bad, thanks for the clarification.

No big deal Royal sucks and he knows he couldn't beat any of our WR out. MMM original post is a passive aggressive backhand at this season we are having. I am not buying his thread.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
i was scared mannings neck would go snap broke now i feel bad we brung him in.
also felt sorry for poor lil Timmy. its the uber nice guy persona he reeks that made me go awwwww.
too bad being a nice guy in the NFL doesn't make you elite or near elite.
Tebow ,the only pro football red-shirt QB.
he was fun to watch at least