PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Woodyard's injury?

baja
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Heard he was on crutches after the game.

Quoydogs
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM

That's not good.

Action
12-03-2012, 01:23 PM

No, but he would not have practiced today. He DNP on the injury report today. Matt Willis was DNP too.

He'll probably miss the Raider game (Woodyard)...

EDIT

It's just an Ankle Sprain and Fox said he shouldn't be out too long.

socalorado
12-03-2012, 01:52 PM
No, but he would not have practiced today. He DNP on the injury report today. Matt Willis was DNP too.

He'll probably miss the Raider game (Woodyard)...

EDIT

It's just an Ankle Sprain and Fox said he shouldn't be out too long.

Whew!

beanerbronco
12-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Fox said he was day to day in the post game press conference

Chris
12-03-2012, 01:56 PM
How many yards would a woodyard throw if a woodyard could throw yards?

UberBroncoMan
12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Woodyard has been great, but luckily that's one spot we have good depth at in Danny and DJ.

Pick Six
12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Allow him to heal up, and unleash him on the Ravens. That sounds like a plan, to me...:strong:

Rabb
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
How many yards would a woodyard throw if a woodyard could throw yards?

In this system?

baja
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
ya if he has to miss a game couldn't come at a better time.

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 02:57 PM

DJ Williams said "Don't worry about it."

Boobs McGee
12-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Don't want to start a new thread, so maybe someone can tell me...when Von went down yesterday (holy ****balls I was nervous), did we find out what it was? Injury? Wind knocked out? Ball shot?

Action
12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Don't want to start a new thread, so maybe someone can tell me...when Von went down yesterday (holy ****balls I was nervous), did we find out what it was? Injury? Wind knocked out? Ball shot?

No, it's usually not reported what injuries happen if they come back in and they aren't listed on the Injury Report that week.

But from what it looked like, he was just gassed and out of wind. He said the weight gain would hurt his stamina this season...

Requiem
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Quick and speedy recovery, WWIII!

Boobs McGee
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
No, it's usually not reported what injuries happen if they come back in and they aren't listed on the Injury Report that week.

But from what it looked like, he was just gassed and out of wind. He said the weight gain would hurt his stamina this season...

Gotcha. Thanks!

enjolras
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
weight gain would hurt his stamina this season...

He was stretched pretty good on that play. Ended up on his knees and then bent all the way backwards to the ground. It looked pretty painful to be honest.

baja
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Good thing he's young

or maybe the yoga is paying off.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
He was stretched pretty good on that play. Ended up on his knees and then bent all the way backwards to the ground. It looked pretty painful to be honest.

This. Looked bent backwards to me, but he came back, so I'm not too worried.

enjolras
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iGwUS.jpg?1

Que
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
That's not good.

You know you are having a really good season when we are worried about WW being hurt. I mean last year it would have been a collective yawn here on the OM. Dude has really stepped up.

Quoydogs
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM

He had a hip flexer what ever the hell that is in the 1st or 2nd week and was rubbing the same spot. Hoping all is well.

ZONA
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Just because a player goes out for a play, doesn't mean they were injured. Hurt on the play, yes, but something can hurt for a few minutes but doesn't mean you are injured. Ever stub your big toe or smack your finger or bang knee caps with somebody. Hurts like heck for a few minutes but you're not injured. He cam back into the game and played well after that. That should tell you he wasn't hurt. No need for panic, just relax.

Action
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iGwUS.jpg?1

Yeah this happens all the time, and there's been much worse. This happens to Dumervil on almost every play.

Probably fatigued gassed...cramps... if you've participated in sports before you'd know how this feels and why he's being stretched.

DENVERDUI55
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Give WW the week off. DJ stood up in practice today and in his best Billy Martin voice said "I'm good to drive and keep the ship straight!"

Heyneck
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Woodyard has been great, but luckily that's one spot we have good depth at in Danny and DJ.

Sorry but DJ got playing time and was invisible. His only noteworthy play was preventing that pass to Clark on a crucial drive.

lonestar
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Sorry but DJ got playing time and was invisible. His only noteworthy play was preventing that pass to Clark on a crucial drive.

While I did not watch for him spefically, that was my impression.

Looking at the box score DT had three solo tackles dumb ass had two assisted tackles.

SeedReaver
12-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Doug Martin gashed us on a few plays... It would be interesting to see who's at fault on those longer runs. However, just because a player is invisible does not mean they aren't doing their job. I mean, now that you mention it, I really didn't see a whole lot of Champ either.

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Are you honestly saying that DJ isn't good depth at WLB? Seriously?

Paladin
12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Martin's longest run was for 9 yards. Gashing? Don't think so.....

Moreno had a longer run on the number 1 run D.....

Seed, try again.....

theAPAOps5
12-03-2012, 07:09 PM
A few years ago Champ had an injury and was on crutches. I remember after that game Vic Lombardi MC'd Champs benefit "Gala" and later said that judging by how he walked at that event there was no way he played. Champ ended up playing and playing pretty well.

The Broncos always put their players on crutches and/or in boots when they sprain an ankle. By taking weight off and then later isolating the ankle they think it helps healing occur faster.

So while its never good to hear a guy is on crutches, don't get too worried either. The thing that worries me the most is its a short week. But at least we have DJ who can come in and be the 11th man on the field. Sure he will just run into the backs of the DL and not really do much but he will ensure they get all 11 players out there!

:)

Boobs McGee
12-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Just because a player goes out for a play, doesn't mean they were injured. Hurt on the play, yes, but something can hurt for a few minutes but doesn't mean you are injured. Ever stub your big toe or smack your finger or bang knee caps with somebody. Hurts like heck for a few minutes but you're not injured. He cam back into the game and played well after that. That should tell you he wasn't hurt. No need for panic, just relax.

No ****? Thanks for clearing that up! I've NEVER played football, stubbed my big toe, OR known the difference between being hurt and injured!

Whenever a superstar goes down, then comes out of the game, and is being looked at by the training staff, ESPECIALLY when he's our best defensive player, I'm going to be ****tin bricks.

You must've never had an injury (or been hurt) and come back in because you're tough and want to play through it, because your team needs you. Ever stubbed your toe, or banged your knee against someone else's, and it hurt like Hell (and you actually BROKE it) but you had to keep doing whatever it is you were in the middle of because it was important?

He strikes me as the type of tough man who would pay through an injury. So go **** your condescending self, I was trying to figure out if it was significant.

baja
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
No ****? Thanks for clearing that up! I've NEVER played football, stubbed my big toe, OR known the difference between being hurt and injured!

Whenever a superstar goes down, then comes out of the game, and is being looked at by the training staff, ESPECIALLY when he's our best defensive player, I'm going to be ****tin bricks.

You must've never had an injury (or been hurt) and come back in because you're tough and want to play through it, because your team needs you. Ever stubbed your toe, or banged your knee against someone else's, and it hurt like Hell (and you actually BROKE it) but you had to keep doing whatever it is you were in the middle of because it was important?

He strikes me as the type of tough man who would pay through an injury. So go **** your condescending self, I was trying to figure out if it was significant.

Must be a week of turkey leftovers that is making so grouchy.

Heyneck
12-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Are you honestly saying that DJ isn't good depth at WLB? Seriously?

Nope! I think DJ is great depth. He is just not performing to his capabilities. Example last game. When Woody went down, I thought it was time for DJ to step up. Danny was the one that ended up having a bigger impact. At the end of the day, I feel more comfortable with Danny taking on the increased roll rather than DJ. He is still rusty. But you are right... we have good depth. I just thought DJ had a bad game.

BroncoSexyDaddy
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Nope! I think DJ is great depth. He is just not performing to his capabilities. Example last game. When Woody went down, I thought it was time for DJ to step up. Danny was the one that ended up having a bigger impact. At the end of the day, I feel more comfortable with Danny taking on the increased roll rather than DJ. He is still rusty. But you are right... we have good depth. I just thought DJ had a bad game.DJ is out of playing shape.It will take a couple of games to kick the rust off.

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Nope! I think DJ is great depth. He is just not performing to his capabilities. Example last game. When Woody went down, I thought it was time for DJ to step up. Danny was the one that ended up having a bigger impact. At the end of the day, I feel more comfortable with Danny taking on the increased roll rather than DJ. He is still rusty. But you are right... we have good depth. I just thought DJ had a bad game.

DJ has pretty much never performed to his abilities. If he had we'd probably be talking about a multiple pro bowl guy with a decent shot at the HoF some day.

Boobs McGee
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Must be a week of turkey leftovers that is making so grouchy.

No, the turkey is magnificent. Condescending Assholes are what are make me grouchy.

Heyneck
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
DJ has pretty much never performed to his abilities. If he had we'd probably be talking about a multiple pro bowl guy with a decent shot at the HoF some day.

True that! But like you said... for being a backup, his talent and skills should make him more than solid.

*You HoF comment made me barf in my mouth a bit, but I see where you are coming from. Too bad. Thank God Woody was given his chance and is running away it!

BroncoMan4ever
12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
DJ Williams said "Don't worry about it."

Why is he warming up his spot on the bench for Woodyard to comfortably rest this week?

bowtown
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Why is he warming up his spot on the bench for Woodyard to comfortably rest this week?

No, because he's going to chauffeur Woodyard around this week, so he can rest his foot. He's going to drive him to the store if he needs groceries, to the pharmacy for fresh bandages, to/from the bar...

baja
12-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Wesley Woodyard's injury could affect both defense and special teams
POSTED: 12/04/2012 12:01:00 AM MSTBy Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post

Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard sprained an ankle against the Buccaneers on Sunday. (Denver Post file)
Today's question about the Broncos comes from George W. in Miami. To submit a question for consideration, send an e-mail to The Denver Post's Jeff Legwold.

Q: How much will (Wesley) Woodyard's injury affect the Broncos on a short week?

A: George, Woodyard suffered a sprained ankle in the second half of Sunday's win over the Buccaneers and did not return to the game.

He remained on the sideline for the remainder of the win, however, but his ankle was not re-taped after the team's training staff had examined it. The Broncos face a condensed timetable this week as they will practice for the first time this week on Tuesday, have another workout Wednesday and then leave for Oakland where the Broncos play Thursday night.

Woodyard received treatment following the game. He was in the team's Dove Valley complex Monday for treatment as well. Broncos coach John Fox said Monday he wouldn't know how much Woodyard would practice until he arrived to the team's complex Tuesday.

"He has played really good football for us," Fox said. "We'll just evaluate. It's an ankle sprain. It's not anything serious as far as if it will require a lot of time. We'll see how he feels (Tuesday)."

But Woodyard's value to the team could be seen in the moves the Broncos had to make once he left the lineup Sunday.

Woodyard, since being placed into the starting lineup because of D.J. Williams' suspensions to open the season, has been one of the most active players in the defense.

Read more: Wesley Woodyard's injury could affect both defense and special teams - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22116663/wesley-woodyards-injury-could-affect-both-defense-and?source=jBar#ixzz2E5ptTuXU
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

bowtown
12-04-2012, 06:37 AM
Wesley Woodyard's injury could affect both defense and special teams
POSTED: 12/04/2012 12:01:00 AM MSTBy Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post

Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard sprained an ankle against the Buccaneers on Sunday. (Denver Post file)
Today's question about the Broncos comes from George W. in Miami. To submit a question for consideration, send an e-mail to The Denver Post's Jeff Legwold.

Q: How much will (Wesley) Woodyard's injury affect the Broncos on a short week?

A: George, Woodyard suffered a sprained ankle in the second half of Sunday's win over the Buccaneers and did not return to the game.

He remained on the sideline for the remainder of the win, however, but his ankle was not re-taped after the team's training staff had examined it. The Broncos face a condensed timetable this week as they will practice for the first time this week on Tuesday, have another workout Wednesday and then leave for Oakland where the Broncos play Thursday night.

Woodyard received treatment following the game. He was in the team's Dove Valley complex Monday for treatment as well. Broncos coach John Fox said Monday he wouldn't know how much Woodyard would practice until he arrived to the team's complex Tuesday.

"He has played really good football for us," Fox said. "We'll just evaluate. It's an ankle sprain. It's not anything serious as far as if it will require a lot of time. We'll see how he feels (Tuesday)."

But Woodyard's value to the team could be seen in the moves the Broncos had to make once he left the lineup Sunday.

Woodyard, since being placed into the starting lineup because of D.J. Williams' suspensions to open the season, has been one of the most active players in the defense.

Read more: Wesley Woodyard's injury could affect both defense and special teams - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22116663/wesley-woodyards-injury-could-affect-both-defense-and?source=jBar#ixzz2E5ptTuXU
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

This entire article in one sentence:

Don't know if Woodyard is going to play on Thursday or not, but he plays defense and special teams.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 08:00 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/12/3/3721932/broncos-raiders-monday-injury-report

The entire team did not practice Monday, but because of NFL rules, Fox had to submit an injury report. So during his conference he said "in our imaginary practice, Wesley Woodyard did not practice, Mathew Willis did not practice, Stokely was limited - figure that one out-"

It was pretty funny.

Beantown Bronco
12-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Ever stubbed your toe, or banged your knee against someone else's, and it hurt like Hell (and you actually BROKE it) but you had to keep doing whatever it is you were in the middle of because it was important?

Vinegar Strokes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/USIR-UlwcWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boobs McGee
12-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Vinegar Strokes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/USIR-UlwcWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hahahahahaaaaaaa ok that just brightened my day

baja
12-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard was not participating at the beginning of practice Wednesday, making it appear that he will not start and might not play in Thursday's game at Oakland.
Woodyard suffered a sprained ankle in the second quarter of Sunday's 31-23 victory against Tampa Bay, and he did not return.
D.J. Williams is expected to replace Woodyard. Williams, a starter since his rookie season in 2004, missed the first nine games of the season because of two suspensions.
Broncos coach John Fox will discuss Woodyard's injury and Williams' availability after practice.
Mike Chambers: 303-954-1357, mchambers@denverpost.com or twitter.com/mchambersdp

Read more: Broncos' Wesley Woodyard not practicing, unlikely to play at Oakland - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22130131/broncos-wesley-woodyard-not-practicing-unlikely-play-at#ixzz2EDHic1Bo

BroncsCheer
12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
The Broncos always put their players on crutches and/or in boots when they sprain an ankle. By taking weight off and then later isolating the ankle they think it helps healing occur faster.

Where did you pick this up, APPY?

BroncsCheer
12-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Also, guess we'll find out what DJ brings now.....

g6matty
12-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I hope dj plays his ass off so we can rub it in lonestars face

Tim
12-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Woodyard is clearly the leader of the defense and defensive special teams so hopefully dj can fill in fine, between him trevathan and Irving they will be fine

g6matty
12-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't get why we can't start dj and woodyard next to each other . What does brooking offer that dj doesn't. I'm 100% sure dj is superior in every aspect of the game.

BroncoMan4ever
12-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't get why we can't start dj and woodyard next to each other . What does brooking offer that dj doesn't. I'm 100% sure dj is superior in every aspect of the game.

Leadership and intelligence is what Brooking brings.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Where did you pick this up, APPY?

I wanted to find the story but so far have been unlucky. Problem is that I can't remember the outlet that talked about it.

g6matty
12-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Dj used to b team captain and call the plays. Doesn't add up

BroncoMan4ever
12-05-2012, 10:06 PM

DJ was captain and play caller because he was the best LB on the team and the only LB that never left the field. This season he hasn't shown leadership or intelligence. Brooking limited athletically as he is has shown leadership and intelligence. It isn't a big surprise that once Brooking Replaced Mays that the defense hit its stride.

lonestar
12-05-2012, 10:44 PM

Definitely something that dumb ass does not bring to the table.

Would have loved to have him in his prime, there were few better. Not flashy just a blue collar guy that punched his time card and always showed up.

lonestar
12-05-2012, 10:50 PM

Used to be that's the key. It all started to go down hill with that first DUI. After they took the captain spot away he was not the same.
He has never been a Mensa candidate so it was no surprise that after a few weeks of him calling the plays in 07 that they knew he did not have it and allowed someone else to call the front seven defense. He did not hae the capacity to make a change after seeing the offensive set up if they were in the wrong D.

Great drag down tackler but hardly the run stuffer you need at MLB. His forte is WIL no other spot as a LB.

lonestar
12-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope dj plays his ass off so we can rub it in lonestars face

Well he fubared it when he had a chance last week a whooping 2 assisted tackled. Whereas Danny T nailed it with 3 solo tackles in limited time on the field.

G your bromance for dumb ass is showing.

You need to be more objective about players.

lonestar
12-05-2012, 10:59 PM

That is it in a few words, you do not get it.

Dj is the better athlete no doubt about it, but MLB is a thinking mans position. He does not GET IT.

g6matty
12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
How are you so sure brooking brings leadership to the team. He's been picked up mid season and forced into the starting spot because we had the worst MLB in the NFL. The only reason you're saying he's a leader is because he's old as **** , that doesn't make him team captain

Wes Mantooth
12-05-2012, 11:44 PM
How are you so sure brooking brings leadership to the team. He's been picked up mid season and forced into the starting spot because we had the worst MLB in the NFL. The only reason you're saying he's a leader is because he's old as **** , that doesn't make him team captain

I forget, how did our D do while he was starting?

Bacchus
12-06-2012, 12:44 AM

Brooking was acquired in the Preseason not the mid season and he is noted for his leadership on and off the field.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GYltxqyJC0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bOP2A3a3Eow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah you are right. He looks like a total follower. No one should ever doubt your football knowledge again.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2010/0914/nfl_a_brooking2_600.jpg

baja
12-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Broncos leading tackler Wesley Woodyard (sprained ankle) will not play in Thursday night's game at Oakland. The weakside starting linebacker did not participate in practice Wednesday and did not make the team flight.
Broncos coach John Fox, however, said he isn't worried because Woodyard has occupied what is one of the team's deepest positions. His backups are rookie Danny Trevathan and veteran D.J. Williams, a former starter who was suspended during the first nine games this season.Williams returned Nov. 18 against the San Diego Chargers.

Read more: Denver Broncos' Wesley Woodyard out against Raiders - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22134262/denver-broncos-wesley-woodyard-out-against-raiders?source=jBar#ixzz2EHXMjwf6

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2012, 06:32 AM
No need to rush him out there tonight. Get him healthy for the Ravens where we'll definitely need him.

pricejj
12-06-2012, 07:38 AM

So let him play for 20 plays a game, instead of 40. No one is saying Brooking doesn't have value. I just don't think he should be taking 75% of the snaps at MLB. Especially since, over the last 3 games, his production has largely resembled Joe Mays production.

Kaylore
12-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Fox was saying Trevathan would get a lot of time. I'm curious if that means DJ is playing Mike, or worse, getting benched.