PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Game tomorrow! Their owner is ginger camel-toe.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Time to pound the team owned by a fat page-boy with camel toe.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2012/0508/nfl_u_davis_wm_400.jpg

Old Dude
12-03-2012, 07:43 AM
The 2102 Oakland Raiders were officially eliminated from the playoffs yesterday.

Best they could now finish is 7-9.

Five AFC teams already have 8 or more wins: Houston, New England, Baltimore, Denver and Indianapolis.

Two teams, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, already have 7 wins. Oakland would need both of them to lose out in order to have any shot whatsoever. But they play each other in week 16, so that's not possible.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I don't like these short weeks. This is how players get hurt. Thursday football blows

baja
12-03-2012, 07:54 AM
If ever there was a definition of a trap game this is it;

Coming of a big win against a good team.

Playing an away game on a short week.

Playing a team we blew up earlier in the season.

Looking ahead to the most important game left on the schedule the following week in Baltimore.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Raiders have the worst scoring Defense in the NFL. So glad to be rid of the traitor Dennis Allen. Make him rue the day he donned silver and black.

ColoradoDarin
12-03-2012, 08:14 AM
I say we treat it as a 4th preseason game and play Brock.

bronco militia
12-03-2012, 08:14 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/lol-cranial-accessories.jpg

RedskinBronco
12-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Destroy the fade!!!

Taco John
12-03-2012, 08:49 AM
I don't like these short weeks. This is how players get hurt. Thursday football blows

I agree. The upside is that we have more time to prepare for Baltimore.

enjolras
12-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Selfishly I *love* thursday night games. Get to go out with buddies and have a great time.

As a fan of a team that could go far in the playoffs? Ya..they blow:)

RhymesayersDU
12-03-2012, 08:59 AM
I agree. The upside is that we have more time to prepare for Baltimore.

Yeah, I think the 10 days could be very beneficial. If we have to have a short week, doing it against the Raiders is probably best case scenario.

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 09:04 AM
So is DBM going to come in with her try at smack? I wonder if she even has the energy to try to do it with a straight face. Smack has to have meaning with feelings. Any sane Faiders fan knows reality and won't be even trying to pull a fast one. Soooo, expect her to be in later today. I want Mr. "Raiders will be a Top 5 offense" to roll on in? Was that RaiderBill1975?

gyldenlove
12-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I like the Thursday game, but I really wish we would have played at home. The away team is 7-8 so far this season in Thursday (and 1 Wednesday game) games.

We will win this game, Manning is not a guy who does the whole trap game thing, and with the number 2 seed still very much in the balance, I don't see them taking the foot off the gas.

On top of that, the Raiders are awful, since beating Kansas City in week 8, they have lost 5 in a row by a combined 93 points. That is roughly 19 points per game. In 4 of those 5 the other team has scored at least 34 points and in only one of those games have the Raiders scored more than 20.

My prediction for the score is Raiders 17 - Denver 42

socalorado
12-03-2012, 09:11 AM
I like the Thursday game, but I really wish we would have played at home. The away team is 7-8 so far this season in Thursday (and 1 Wednesday game) games.

We will win this game, Manning is not a guy who does the whole trap game thing, and with the number 2 seed still very much in the balance, I don't see them taking the foot off the gas.

On top of that, the Raiders are awful, since beating Kansas City in week 8, they have lost 5 in a row by a combined 93 points. That is roughly 19 points per game. In 4 of those 5 the other team has scored at least 34 points and in only one of those games have the Raiders scored more than 20.

My prediction for the score is Raiders 17 - Denver 42

What i would really love to see is Peyton and the boys get up on them 28-0 at halftime.
Play maybe one more series for a TD in the 3rd, and then get off the field, and let the rooks and scrubs finish the game.

spdirty
12-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Just win the mother ****er and no significant injuries please. I don't care how ugly it may be, a win here sets us up beautifully.

Boobs McGee
12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
:smashraid:raidersux:raiderssu:raidstink:alky::kun gfu::haw!: **** THE FAAAAAAAADE!!!!!!

ZONA
12-03-2012, 09:19 AM

Looking ahead to the most important game left on the schedule the following week in Baltimore.

That's what everybody said about playing Tampa, that it was a trap game.

Will you guys please shut up about trap games. These guys prepare, they play hard. Sometimes another team beats you. Any given Sunday remember? So please can we lay off the "trap game" stuff every week.

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 09:19 AM
What i would really love to see is Peyton and the boys get up on them 28-0 at halftime.
Play maybe one more series for a TD in the 3rd, and then get off the field, and let the rooks and scrubs finish the game.

first, that probably isnt happening by the 3rd (early) quarter and no way a coach puts in a rook with most of the 3rd quarter to be played. I would like to see a blowout where we do heavy rotation on defense early and then get to pull Manning and most of the OL with 7 minutes left. Plus, this will be Moreno's 3rd game and anytime to get him out before an injury is key.

R8R H8R
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I really think the short week favors the Broncos in this case. The faders have too many holes to cover with just 2 days of practice. In some ways, this reminds me of Elway's only Thanksgiving day game; only it's the raiders going to slaughter.

The already defense starved Broncos had to go to Detroit to not only deal with Barry Sanders, but the "run and shoot" as well. They predictively got hammered and embarrassed because they just didn't have the time to prepare to make up for a lack of manpower.

I think the faders will face the same problem. Not enough talent, not enough time. The Broncos should win this one comfortably.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I tend to agree the short week favors the Broncos. Our defense is very good and so is our return game. Those are largely reactionary squads that are very protable. Manning basically runs the offense so even with a limited playbook he's better than the next guy.

Not saying we couldn't see a let down this game, but Oakland doesn't really have the things they need to give us problems.

Their rush offense is ranked fifth worse in the league.
They are the second worst team at sacking the QB in the nfl behind only Jacksonville.
They don't really get many turnovers.
They are in the bottom third for scoring offense this season.
They are below average at protecting Palmer from getting sacked and hit.

A lot of their weaknesses are areas where we are very strong. Not saying "any given Sunday" they can't surprise us. But Fox is actually pretty good on short weeks as I recall and it's not a good matchup for them - a team playing for literally nothing and a coach who is now on the hot seat.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM

Will you guys please shut up about trap games. These guys prepare, they play hard. Sometimes another team beats you. Any given Sunday remember? So please can we lay off the "trap game" stuff every week.

regardless of your ultimate point (which i agree with), who was saying Tampa was a trap game? I dont think anyone was saying that.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/lol-cranial-accessories.jpg

Looks like a young Steve Winwood

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2nClSDc2F-M/UJ6E-bu1wCI/AAAAAAAADEs/4cmiG3-S4CE/s1600/steve-winwood-12.jpg

socalorado
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
first, that probably isnt happening by the 3rd (early) quarter and no way a coach puts in a rook with most of the 3rd quarter to be played. I would like to see a blowout where we do heavy rotation on defense early and then get to pull Manning and most of the OL with 7 minutes left. Plus, this will be Moreno's 3rd game and anytime to get him out before an injury is key.

http://www.william-flew.co.nz/negative%20waves%20kellys%20heroes.jpg

Raidersbane
12-03-2012, 09:39 AM

I now feel compelled to declare each remaining game (including playoffs) a trap. Please forgive me!:-P

ludo21
12-03-2012, 09:46 AM
love TNF!!

fun times all around ;D

Just hoping for no injuries and a win of course.

prunch
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Upside of the Thursday game is that we have a week and a half to rest and prep for Baltimore. Perfect!

Also of note is Dennis Allen will not be the HC for the next 3 days. I think I read his dad is sick and he is at his side which sucks for Dennis .....

canadianbroncosfan
12-03-2012, 10:05 AM
There is no statistical reason K.C. should've been in the game with us, but they were.

I'm not writing this game off yet, but man would I love them to walk into the Black Hole and own the Fade like they did in Sept.

gyldenlove
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I tend to agree the short week favors the Broncos. Our defense is very good and so is our return game. Those are largely reactionary squads that are very protable. Manning basically runs the offense so even with a limited playbook he's better than the next guy.

Not saying we couldn't see a let down this game, but Oakland doesn't really have the things they need to give us problems.

They are the second worst team at sacking the QB in the nfl behind only Jacksonville.

A lot of their weaknesses are areas where we are very strong. Not saying "any given Sunday" they can't surprise us. But Fox is actually pretty good on short weeks as I recall and it's not a good matchup for them - a team playing for literally nothing and a coach who is now on the hot seat.

There are several other factors that would favour the Broncos in this upcoming game.

We played only 3 real quarters of football against Tampa Bay which should leave us with some plays from that game we didn't use on the field that can be reused without having to do serious install. The Raiders played 4 tight quarters with Cleveland.

Talent-wise and in terms of coaching we are well-ahead of the Raiders meaning in a game with less than usual game-planning we should win comfortably by just playing it by ear.

The only bad matchup we have against the Raiders will be Myers, he is their leading catcher and we usually tend to struggle against good tight ends, but on the flipside we have shown we can scheme against TEs, especially when we do not have to worry about playmakers on the WR and RB spot. With a short week it seems unlikely that Mcfadden and Jones will be ready to play and the Raider WRs are not very good. On the other hand we have a very good matchup with Thomas against their CBs. Von Miller has only 0.5 sacks in 3 games vs. Oakland, but Dumervil has 5 sacks in his last 4 against Oakland.

Beantown Bronco
12-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Only real advantage I see Oakland having is the lack of travel. IMO they should've had an away game yesterday to make up for being the home game in a short week.

Seems a little odd that they'd get to play at home twice in 5 days. I could've sworn that there was some official scheduling requirement that Thursday home teams had to travel the week before. Guess not.

gyldenlove
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
There is no statistical reason K.C. should've been in the game with us, but they were.

I'm not writing this game off yet, but man would I love them to walk into the Black Hole and own the Fade like they did in Sept.

KC are quite a bit better defensively than the Raiders, their biggest problem this season has been giving away the football and not scoring points - against us they managed to eliminate one of those problems.

The Raiders have scored some points, but allow a ton of points, they have no pass rush and no coverage - that is a much better matchup for us and one that is much more difficult for the Raiders to fix.

sinuous sausage
12-03-2012, 11:04 AM

it was true when you posted it in the other thread. and it's true meow

sinuous sausage
12-03-2012, 11:04 AM
p.s. the Raiders suck

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Only real advantage I see Oakland having is the lack of travel. IMO they should've had an away game yesterday to make up for being the home game in a short week.

Seems a little odd that they'd get to play at home twice in 5 days. I could've sworn that there was some official scheduling requirement that Thursday home teams had to travel the week before. Guess not.

True except for Oakland. Cops tend to like 50,000 nut jobs packed on a work night for 10,000 of them and therefore 20% less crime after the game. Those 10k tend to leave early or right after the game back to their trailer for eight hour sleep to prepare for their meaningless job.

baja
12-03-2012, 12:18 PM
it was true when you posted it in the other thread. and it's true meow

Ya when this thread showed up I figured it fit here better and Meow to you to ;D

Crushaholic
12-03-2012, 12:20 PM
It's Raiders HALF week. The black-and-silver morons don't even deserve a FULL week of smack...LOL

Paladin
12-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Fade lost three DBs to concussions yesterday. They are really wrecked on D.

ColoradoDarin
12-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Misdiagnosis, it turns out that they are just plain stupid...

:)

cmhargrove
12-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Raiders have the worst scoring Defense in the NFL. So glad to be rid of the traitor Dennis Allen. Make him rue the day he donned silver and black.

That's pretty rough. I actually like Dennis Allen and congratulate him on his promotion. Hopefully, he pulls the Raiders out of the **** pit so the rivalry means something again.

You can't be Luke without a Darth Vader. A spiky, make-up wearing, inbred thug Darth Vader...

baja
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM

Misplaced hate - He stays / no JDR

Bacillus Anthracis
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM

No. This is not a trap game for Denver. It's difficult to overstate just how bad the Raiders are. Not only are we one of the worst three teams in the league, we're continuing to get worse.

The team is on autopilot, just going through the motions. A few guys are still making the effort but by and large it's become a highly paid walk-through week after week.

After 12 games the quarterback and receivers aren't sure where they're supposed to be. It's pathetic. Truly, the best thing that can happen for us is to lose out and hope that Philly, Jacksonville, KC, and Carolina win one more each. Carolina's locked up. They'll kick our ass. And the Chiefs seem to have come out of their daze. So hopefully they'll beat us.

I can't imagine a scenario in which we beat you guys this week. That's how bad the Raiders are right now.

gunns
12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Let's start the football weekend with a win in Oakland, in the middle Washington get a victory, and the cherry on top of the weekend, end it with a Houston victory. Now that's perfection.

baja
12-03-2012, 01:26 PM

No! Because the very reasons you use are the reasons they are called trap games. Every regular season game going forward fits the definition of a trap game with the exception of Baltimore. ;D

....and another thing to keep in mind is you don't get to talk about " trap games " unless you are a really good team.

Kaylore
12-03-2012, 02:34 PM
No Raider fans posting? Curious...

broncofever
12-03-2012, 02:44 PM
No Raider fans posting? Curious...

Probably ran over their prison Internet usage time.

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 06:59 PM

They were basically the worst defense before the Browns game. They have been a wreck almost every weekend. This will just help them form an excuse as to why they don't have a Top 10 defense.

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 07:38 PM
God I'm so glad the Raiders hired Dennis Allen. Opened up the job for Del Rio, and they got a guy who has even less of a clue when it comes to being a head coach than Josh McDaniels.

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
No. This is not a trap game for Denver. It's difficult to overstate just how bad the Raiders are. Not only are we one of the worst three teams in the league, we're continuing to get worse.

The team is on autopilot, just going through the motions. A few guys are still making the effort but by and large it's become a highly paid walk-through week after week.

After 12 games the quarterback and receivers aren't sure where they're supposed to be. It's pathetic. Truly, the best thing that can happen for us is to lose out and hope that Philly, Jacksonville, KC, and Carolina win one more each. Carolina's locked up. They'll kick our ass. And the Chiefs seem to have come out of their daze. So hopefully they'll beat us.

I can't imagine a scenario in which we beat you guys this week. That's how bad the Raiders are right now.

You think the #1 pick is going to help you... Hilarious!

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 07:48 PM

I have a statistical reason why KC had a chance against Denver. What is Denver's record in K.C.?

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1013278_o.gif

baja
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
How lucky were we to for the first time in Broncos history drafting #2 in a draft that had Von Miller in it.

In one season we got Peyton Manning for free (player wise) and Von Miller.

I take Von and Peyton over Luck every time.

Am I dreaming? Pinch me.

sinuous sausage
12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
God I'm so glad the Raiders hired Dennis Allen. Opened up the job for Del Rio, and they got a guy who has even less of a clue when it comes to being a head coach than Josh McDaniels.

he'll have to move over once McCoy becomes available, because that dude is the fermented slime off the underbelly of Rosie O'Donnell. or something

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
he'll have to move over once McCoy becomes available, because that dude is the fermented slime off the underbelly of Rosie O'Donnell. or something

I honestly can't think of a better candidate to replace Allen. Do it Raiders! Do it!

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
How lucky were we to for the first time in Broncos history drafting #2 in a draft that had Von Miller in it.

Am I dreaming? Pinch me.

We will let you have your Senioritas touch your old skin. And no, you are not dreaming on this one.

Armchair Bronco
12-03-2012, 08:07 PM
When was the last time the Faiders were any good? I can't remember...

Punisher
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
All division games are rough especially in a short week

Archer81
12-03-2012, 08:11 PM

2002, when they made the SB.

:Broncos:

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM

They were kind of decent two years ago. The they fired their coach. Hilarious!

baja
12-03-2012, 08:15 PM
We will let you have your Senioritas touch your old skin. And no, you are not dreaming on this one.

Dude I'm beautiful all the women want me. Sometimes I have to hide just to get some peace. It's like I'm a rock star. :wave::wave:

Punisher
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Dude I'm beautiful all the women want me. Sometimes I have to hide just to get some peace. It's like I'm a rock star. :wave::wave:

ummmmmm prove it big boy

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Am I dreaming? Pinch me.

It is awesome and I do not think Peyton will retire until he passes Favre in every category and gets far enough ahead of Brady. He'll be in Denver at least 4 years barring injury of course.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Denver should be able to go into Oakland this season on a Thursday night and take care of business, even with the shortened week and travel time.

Oakland is not a good team this season....if Denver comes out and plays average to decent football and keeps the turnovers to a minimum, they should win the game.

If Denver can get the 'W' in Oakland and come out of it relatively healthy, they will have a nice 10 day break before taking on Baltimore.

These Thursday games aren't always the prettiest games, as teams don't have much time to heal up and don't get much practice time for them, so I'm not looking for style points....keep the injuries to a minimum and get out of town with a win.

Denver 24

Oakland 13

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2012, 08:39 PM

Looks like Slim Shady.

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM
It is awesome and I do not think Peyton will retire until he passes Favre in every category and gets far enough ahead of Brady. He'll be in Denver at least 4 years barring injury of course.

Brady's only a year younger than Manning while being around 15,000 yards behind him. If Manning passes Favre I don't think he has to worry about Brady. Brady almost certainly won't come close to Favre before he retires (he'd need to average well over 5000 yards a season for five straight seasons to surpass Favre by the time he's 40).

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 08:56 PM
:sunshine:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o20/speardog/Gifs/post-110658-1240494903.gif

Ugly Duck
12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Raiders have the worst scoring Defense in the NFL.

For this game we also have cornerbacks recently hired off the street, safetys playing CB, backups playing safety, a rookie & some guy named Omar Gaither that was hired last week playing linebacker. Manning is probably laughing his ass off right now, maybe even planning to smoke a bowl in the locker room before kickoff. It'll be a massacre. My only consolation is that, if the Broncos somehow manage to lose this game, it would be a huge embarrassment to all in Blue & Orange. I pray to Allah (the Merciful One) that it be so.....

DontBeMessin
12-04-2012, 06:50 AM
So is DBM going to come in with smack with a straight face.

Uuhhhhhh... You bet your spikey mullet I'm going to be talking smack!!!

DontBeMessin
12-04-2012, 07:05 AM

Kaylore you can take that list and shove it deep in your wide back-crack you store man balls!!! List means nothing when it comes to when we play each other. Either team could be winless, but when that whistle blows one of the longest rivalries in football history is unleashed in all it's FURY!!!

These teams play, and they play hard against each other and believe me - our coach didn't forget the arse whoopin you put on us last time, and neither does out players. We had to make some adjustments on the Corners department (since they absolutely suck Santa Ass [in the spirit of Christmas]), but be prepared... our OC needs to go and Allen is checking that out now. Palmer is calling plays (audible) in the second half of the game - AFTER we are behind. He doesn't have the weapons to win, but I can see that Allen is understanding that our OC is flippin horrible. OR DC is okay, but we can't work with what we have. We get decent corners and one good lineman and linebacker instead of rejects... we'll be in the playoffs....

DontBeMessin
12-04-2012, 07:07 AM

When we beat you twice in one season... Do you know when that was?

55CrushEm
12-04-2012, 07:16 AM
When we beat you twice in one season... Do you know when that was?

Yeah. You swept the division (6-0)......yet somehow finished with an 8-8 record. Bwahahaha!

baja
12-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Uuhhhhhh... You bet your spikey mullet I'm going to be talking smack!!!

Wrong team Messin. if you go to a Broncos game sporting both a mullet & Bronco gear they don't let you in the stadium.

55CrushEm
12-04-2012, 07:18 AM
2002, when they made the SB.

There were three years in a row where they were contenders....

2000 - They actually HOSTED the AFC Championship game....but lost to the Ravens.

2001 - Lost to the "tuck rule" in New England.

2002 - Finally made it to the Superbowl....but got crushed by TB.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Kaylore you can take that list and shove it deep in your wide back-crack you store man balls!!! List means nothing when it comes to when we play each other. Either team could be winless, but when that whistle blows one of the longest rivalries in football history is unleashed in all it's FURY!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdjtbmkjx61rp7g3w.gif

So your answer to my facts is basically "Nuh-uh! We're rivals! Fury!"

These teams play, and they play hard against each other and believe me - our coach didn't forget the arse whoopin you put on us last time, and neither does out players. We had to make some adjustments on the Corners department (since they absolutely suck Santa Ass [in the spirit of Christmas]), but be prepared... our OC needs to go and Allen is checking that out now. Palmer is calling plays (audible) in the second half of the game - AFTER we are behind. He doesn't have the weapons to win, but I can see that Allen is understanding that our OC is flippin horrible. OR DC is okay, but we can't work with what we have. We get decent corners and one good lineman and linebacker instead of rejects... we'll be in the playoffs....

So I should "prepare myself" for when you replace most of your players and a bunch of coaches on your team? Ok. I hope your team plays as hard as they did last time because that was hilarious.

ScottXray
12-04-2012, 07:45 AM
This IS a division game, and the Raiders want some pay back for the whooping we laid on them early this year. It also is a trap , in that
it is hard to really consider them as a threat at this point, due to many statistical problems they show. If the Broncos don't take them seriously
they will make this much harder than it should be, and there is the old saying
"That's why they play the game."

It is a short week, we have some injuries to contend with ( Woodyard, Stokes, possibly Von a little Dinged up, DT dinged also) and the team MAY be starting to look ahead a bit. I don't really think that the team will fail this test, but it COULD. Hopefully Peyton will keep the team focussed.

Every year we have had at least one game that we should win go topsy turvy. It would be nice to have that NOT happen this year.

Frankly we have 3 TRAP games left ( OAK,Cleveland, KC) , and no one should relax as of yet.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Cleveland isn't a trap game. They're becoming a decent team and have played in a tough division.

ScottXray
12-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Cleveland isn't a trap game. They're becoming a decent team and have played in a tough division.

True, but people will take them lightly because of the record , and it's a home game. I'm sure the coaches will talk them up, as they are getting better, but many will not take them as serious threats, especially if we
are still on a win streak when they come in.

jerseyguy4
12-04-2012, 08:05 AM
We're 10.5 point faves over Oakland, the biggest spread of the week.
Moneyline shows us 6 to 1 favorites to win outright. I like it.

pricejj
12-04-2012, 08:28 AM
For this game we also have cornerbacks recently hired off the street, safetys playing CB, backups playing safety, a rookie & some guy named Omar Gaither that was hired last week playing linebacker. Manning is probably laughing his ass off right now, maybe even planning to smoke a bowl in the locker room before kickoff. It'll be a massacre. My only consolation is that, if the Broncos somehow manage to lose this game, it would be a huge embarrassment to all in Blue & Orange. I pray to Allah (the Merciful One) that it be so.....

Allah is a Broncos fan, that's why sunsets are blue and orange.

baja
12-04-2012, 08:35 AM
True, but people will take them lightly because of the record , and it's a home game. I'm sure the coaches will talk them up, as they are getting better, but many will not take them as serious threats, especially if we
are still on a win streak when they come in.

Glad it's a home game.

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 08:38 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YmNr5eh35iQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boobs McGee
12-04-2012, 08:40 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWupN9h5N6s?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWupN9h5N6s?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7lAbpj3kxg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7lAbpj3kxg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

BowlenBall
12-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Allah is a Broncos fan, that's why sunsets are blue and orange.

Well, he was until we cut Ryan Harris....

TheReverend
12-04-2012, 08:44 AM
In accurate thread title.

A real game requires TWO teams.

DontBeMessin
12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
PFFT!!! I have seen (when Seasquawks were in our division) teams who were horrible step up to beat my Raiders when they were destined to the Superbowl... You have seen teams rise up to beat teams and push them out of the playoffs also... Don't get your hopes up too quickly...

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2012, 09:00 AM
PFFT!!! I have seen (when Seasquawks were in our division) teams who were horrible step up to beat my Raiders when they were destined to the Superbowl... You have seen teams rise up to beat teams and push them out of the playoffs also... Don't get your hopes up too quickly...

Am i the only one who doesnt see EXTREME VALUE in the #2 seed?

enjolras
12-04-2012, 09:06 AM

I'd rather have the fourth. Give me Houston instead of the Pats.

Old Dude
12-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I definitely want a first round bye if we can get it.

1. Automatic advance to division round. Even assuming Denver is heavily favored against a wild card team, there's always a chance of losing.

2. No injuries and and an extra week to heal and prepare.

3. Slightly better chance at home field in the event that the team advances to AFC Championship game.

Chris
12-04-2012, 09:17 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D2jSiY-Vo8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

55CrushEm
12-04-2012, 09:20 AM

Probably. Having a bye is huge. Guaranteed home game in the 2nd round, and and extra week to get ready for it.

kdissette
12-04-2012, 09:20 AM
im actually gonna miss the game for the zappa plays zappa show....hope we kick some ass but wont be too heartbroken if we dont...as long as no one gets injured

55CrushEm
12-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I'd rather have the fourth. Give me Houston instead of the Pats.

There is no guarantee that the 4th seed will play at the 1-seed in the second round.

If the 6th seed wins their first game (vs. the 3 seed).....then the 4-seed would go to the 2-seed.

Chris
12-04-2012, 09:22 AM
im actually gonna miss the game for the zappa plays zappa show....hope we kick some ass but wont be too heartbroken if we dont...as long as no one gets injured

I thought frank zappa was dead?

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 09:31 AM

We won the division last week. We can't miss the playoffs even if we lose every single game the rest of the year.

baja
12-04-2012, 09:41 AM

The value is not so much who you get to play, the greatest value is one less game to play to make your goal of a SB.

kdissette
12-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I thought frank zappa was dead?

his son dweezil plays with a band that plays a ton of his old material...its a great show especially compared to the **** that people pay to see live nowadays....goin to the fargo show and minneapolis show the next night its gonna be a good weekend for sure!!!!

Greatspirits
12-04-2012, 09:49 AM
These game are kind of dangerous, but with Peyton's experience we should be alright.

Crushaholic
12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
his son dweezil plays with a band that plays a ton of his old material...its a great show especially compared to the **** that people pay to see live nowadays....goin to the fargo show and minneapolis show the next night its gonna be a good weekend for sure!!!!

I remember Dweezil and sister Moon Zappa, from the old MTV days. I'm sure he DOES put on a good concert...:thumbsup:

pricejj
12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Well, he was until we cut Ryan Harris....

...and now the Texans are the #1 seed.

Eldorado
12-04-2012, 10:32 AM
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp305/orangeandblue08/raiderssuck.jpg

oubronco
12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
http://raddezigns.com/decal_pics/10290_Black.jpg

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't think Peyton will give a **** if it's a trap game, a divisional game, the Raiders, or any of the rest of that noise. He'll just want to see a first quarter performance out of this team that isn't pure crap.

So would I.

60 minutes, people. 60 minutes. The teams that go deep in the playoffs can play for 60 minutes. Regardless of opponent.

razorwire77
12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
No apprehension about this game at all. It will be a curb stomp, plain and simple. At least the Chiefs have some individual talent on defense, just no cohesion, coaching, or QB. The Faid will be starting a handful of guys on defense that will be playing for the Arena League next year, if there is still such a thing.

baja
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't think Peyton will give a **** if it's a trap game, a divisional game, the Raiders, or any of the rest of that noise. He'll just want to see a first quarter performance out of this team that isn't pure crap.

So would I.

60 minutes, people. 60 minutes. The teams that go deep in the playoffs can play for 60 minutes. Regardless of opponent.
That is why I think, should they make it, Pittsburg will be the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 10:54 AM
That is why I think, should they make it, Pittsburg will be the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

Peyton knows what it takes. And he knows the Broncos don't have it. Not yet, anyway.

baja
12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Peyton knows what it takes. And he knows the Broncos don't have it. Not yet, anyway.

Actually peyton is part of the problem in that regard. He has been a slow starter but that may again fall on the play calling. It does seem like it takes time for Manning to get his arm loosened up, I know that sounds silly but take a look at his early passes the seem a little slow arriving but as the game wears on he get progressively better. With the nerve and all it could be an issue.

Rohirrim
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Actually peyton is part of the problem in that regard. He has been a slow starter but that may again fall on the play calling. It does seem like it takes time for Manning to get his arm loosened up, I know that sounds silly but take a look at his early passes the seem a little slow arriving but as the game wears on he get progressively better. With the nerve and all it could be an issue.

I think it's a team thing, ergo, a coaching thing, more than just Peyton. It seems like most of the dropped passes happen in the first quarter as well. I think there must be some issue with the pre-focus routine, or something. This team hasn't looked good in a first quarter yet. Maybe I'm spoiled. In the Elway/TD days, we were usually three TDs ahead by the time the first quarter ended.

gyldenlove
12-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Prediction: Decker hauls in 10 catches, 90+ yards and 2 TDs.

IA-Broncosfan53
12-04-2012, 11:10 AM
KILL. MAIM. DESTROY!

DontBeMessin
12-04-2012, 11:42 AM
We won the division last week. We can't miss the playoffs even if we lose every single game the rest of the year.

I could care less about the Division really... We need to beat you at least ONCE this season. If your team goes out of our Division, then the best of luck to you...

Kaylore
12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I could care less about the Division really...

Well you're the one who brought up knocking us out of the playoffs. I thught I'd point out that became mathmatically impossible last week.

maven
12-04-2012, 11:57 AM
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp305/orangeandblue08/raiderssuck.jpg

Damn, i'd go if I lived in the Bay Area.

jerseyguy4
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I think it's a team thing, ergo, a coaching thing, more than just Peyton. It seems like most of the dropped passes happen in the first quarter as well. I think there must be some issue with the pre-focus routine, or something. This team hasn't looked good in a first quarter yet. Maybe I'm spoiled. In the Elway/TD days, we were usually three TDs ahead by the time the first quarter ended.
I think Peyton's strength in unraveling the defensive coverage takes time. It should get better as the game goes on. In the past, Belicheck had a knack of unveiling a different set of looks in the second half, essentially nullifying what Peyton unraveled through the first half. (I assume that could still work against Peyton/us today. ssshh, don't let that news out!)

Usually from what I have read, an OC will draft the first few offensive series. Play calling will obviously be adjusted on the fly, but a base script will be known by all and practiced heavily.

IMHO, the offense has athletically started a little flat. But it doesn't seem they are running the best scripts either.

DontBeMessin
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
MAN YOU LADIES ARE BORING!!!!!

Whatever happened to Raider Week and the site explodes into Raider banter and I get to pimp slap a couple of you for posting those so very rare "prison internet, you got early release" jokes (since your brain cells are unable to conjure up "free thought"...

It's like without The Pide Piper and Meck to have your backs (with there penises in it mind you) you all are just back to being a bunch of biotches...

sad...

baja
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM

Whatever happened to Raider Week and the site explodes into Raider banter and I get to pimp slap a couple of you for posting those so very rare "prison internet, you got early release" jokes (since your brain cells are unable to conjure up "free thought"...

It's like without The Pide Piper and Meck to have your backs (with there penises in it mind you) you all are just back to being a bunch of biotches...

sad...

Could be nobody here is worried about you shiity team

DontBeMessin
12-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Could be nobody here is worried about you shiity team

shiity? How many times did this shiity team let you beat them in the past two seasons?...

Just wondering...

broncocalijohn
12-04-2012, 01:06 PM
shiity? How many times did this shiity team let you beat them in the past two seasons?...

Just wondering...

Start your thread up. That is how it normally goes to rev up the posters here. But would we really believe what you type for smack? This game needed to be closer to the front end of the season not when we already clinched. Congrats on another non winning season. A full ten years of suckitude.

razorwire77
12-04-2012, 01:19 PM

Just wondering...

Just wondering. . . . Remember that one time at band camp last season where we sexually assaulted your team with a FB playing QB and running the same read option over and over and over again?

Well . . .Your team today is actually worst than that team was and now we have Peyton Manning.

But keep living in the past. Maybe dig up Jack Tatum's skeleton to play safety this week ???

baja
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Just wondering...
Stay current Messin, stay current.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM

Just wondering...

Are you implying they are the same teams?

Ugly Duck
12-04-2012, 11:23 PM
This IS a division game, and the Raiders want some pay back for the whooping we laid on them early this year. It also is a trap , in that it is hard to really consider them as a threat at this point, due to many statistical problems they show. If the Broncos don't take them seriously they will make this much harder than it should be...... no one should relax as of yet.

I can't figure out if you really believe Oakland has a chance in this game, or if you are just fooling yourself in an attempt to make the game more exciting. Of all your remaining games, this is the one to relax about.

Dude, this game is custom-made for a Manning showcase. Raiders are dead last in sacks, Peyton can just camp out & enjoy the scenery as his WRs run their routes. Linebackers, safeties & cornerbacks are in complete disarray... some are castoffs just hired off the street. Denver is favored by 10+...... you aren't seriously worried about this game?

BowlenBall
12-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Oakland Raiders, 2003-2012

2003: 4-12 (lost to the Broncos twice)
2004: 5-11 (split with the Broncos)
2005: 4-12 (lost to the Broncos twice)
2006: 2-14 (lost to the Broncos twice)
2007: 4-12 (split with the Broncos)
2008: 5-11 (split with the Broncos)
2009: 5-11 (split with the Broncos)
2010: 8-8 (beat the Broncos twice, goodbye Josh McDaniels)
2011: 8-8 (split with the Broncos)
2012: 3-9 (lost to the Broncos once so far....)

Broncos 12, Raiders 7

Archer81
12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Division games are always unknowns. Sometimes you beat a team 37-6. Other times you are down 24-0 at halftime to end up winning it 35-24. And then you end up in dogfights when you dont expect it (17-9). Oakland though is a complete mess defensively. Not sure how focused Allen is going to be. Raiders offense is banged up and toothless.

Denver would need to try to lose this game. Which could happen, you never know. But I find it unlikely. Denver 35, Oakland 10. Its 35-3 until late when Oakland gets a junk TD.

Blueflame
12-05-2012, 03:07 AM

Of all 32 NFL teams, do you know which one has owned the Sea-chickens the most often? (Hint: that team's playing Thursday night but ain't wearing silver and black). There's only one AFC West team that does not own an all-time win/loss advantage over Seattle.

Playoffs are no longer "hopes" but a certainty as of last Sunday... we needed either a Broncos win or a Bolts loss to clinch a playoff berth... and got both. With 4 games left to be played, no other division team can match our 9 wins.

canadianbroncosfan
12-05-2012, 03:09 AM

sad...

Can I ask something? Just how strong is that prison hooch you're obviously drinking? I remember someone starting a thread here a few weeks ago praising how good our team was, do you recall who that was DBM?

Also, with only something like 15 minutes a day allowed for internet access in the pen., why do you spend so much time on a Broncos message board?

ScottXray
12-05-2012, 06:01 AM
I can't figure out if you really believe Oakland has a chance in this game, or if you are just fooling yourself in an attempt to make the game more exciting. Of all your remaining games, this is the one to relax about.

Dude, this game is custom-made for a Manning showcase. Raiders are dead last in sacks, Peyton can just camp out & enjoy the scenery as his WRs run their routes. Linebackers, safeties & cornerbacks are in complete disarray... some are castoffs just hired off the street. Denver is favored by 10+...... you aren't seriously worried about this game?

No I'm not , but I have seen the Raiders give this team all it can handle before now, too many times, to think that it will be a walk in the park. Smack talk by fans is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't affect anything on the field. Too many times the talk here has been all about how bad the raiders
are and that it will be SO easy the coming game, then we whine and bitch in horror as the Broncos get beat, sometimes Badly, by an inferior Raiders team. And make no mistake, the Raiders ARE an inferior team right now.

The Players cannot think like fans because EVERY NFL team is composed of the BEST players that colleges can produce. Oakland, KC and even Jacksonville can beat any other team in the NFL, on any given sunday. Footballs bounce in funny ways, and a careless attitude is one prime way to get that kind of thing going for the other team.

Rohirrim
12-05-2012, 06:09 AM
I saw a local sports guy interviewing Champ yesterday, asking him about the Black Hole. Champ said he loves to go in there and hear the fans booing them, and then later, he likes it even more when they quiet the crowd. Ha!

DontBeMessin
12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Start your thread up. That is how it normally goes to rev up the posters here. But would we really believe what you type for smack? This game needed to be closer to the front end of the season not when we already clinched. Congrats on another non winning season. A full ten years of suckitude.

When you have been kicking all the teams in the NFL for as long as we have, Karma is destined to catch up!!!

THREAD STARTED!!!

Thanks...

Bacchus
12-05-2012, 08:20 AM
When you have been kicking all the teams in the NFL for as long as we have, Karma is destined to catch up!!!

THREAD STARTED!!!

Thanks...

Really? You chumps stopped kicking anyone's ass in the 80's.

Oh I wonder how things would have fared for you guys if Davis would have been able to pull off that trade for Elway?

broncocalijohn
12-05-2012, 08:50 AM

THREAD STARTED!!!

Thanks...

So that is the excuse. Denver has one of the best records since 1977. How long has it been since you had some sort of dynasty? Lesbo, puhleeeeeeeeeze!

Ugly Duck
12-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Too many times the talk here has been all about how bad the raiders are and that it will be SO easy the coming game, then we whine and b**** in horror as the Broncos get beat, sometimes Badly, by an inferior Raiders team. And make no mistake, the Raiders ARE an inferior team right now.

I hear you & agree.... but there are varying degrees of disparity between talent levels. Few games are played when that disparity is more pronounced than it will be for tomorrow's game. With near-certainty, you can say this one is in the bag.

Kaylore
12-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Well apparently Woodyard and Stokely both might be out. And remember we're without McGahee, so it's not like we aren't nicked up either...