PDA

View Full Version : All praise to Bowlen & Elway. We have a great team and we will have a great team for awhile.

KevinJames
12-03-2012, 01:08 AM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/John+Elway+Pat+Bowlen+John+Fox+Introduced+ieNtgOTX u9vl.jpg

This is fairly lengthy so bare with me

Pat Bowlen has made some mistakes like his mistake in hiring Josh as a head coach, but you have to give him the credit he deserves. He didn't take long to realize that he made a mistake, he fired Josh McDaniels after his 2nd year. He brought in Elway, Elway hires Fox, drafts Von Miller. He managed to convince Peyton Manning to play in Denver for a chance at a Superbowl or two.

Elway bringing in Manning allowed him to cast aside Tebow who we all loved at times but most of realized that realistically it wasn't something that would last due to his style of play, any other QB brought in would of caused havoc among fans. Elway killed 2 birds in one stone.

McDaniels era looked grim when he was fired we thought it would be bad for awhile. 2 Years later looks at us. We are legit contenders #3 in D #5 in O

We are going to be good for a long time. We have a defense that is mostly young at key positions. We also have a whole lot of depth on defense. I don't see us regressing here, with another solid draft or two we could have the best defense in the NFL.

Our offense outside of Peyton and Stokely is young and growing up more and more every day. Peyton Manning should be able to play around 3 more years or so after this. That gives us 3 possibly 4 solid runs at the Superbowl provided we have good health.

Even when Manning hangs it up, we will still be a good team thanks the way our defense is shaping up.

I almost forgot to mention one of the most impressive units on the Broncos that gets overlooked by outsiders. After years of abysmal special teams the Broncos have gotten that part of the game figured out. We have one of the best return games in the NFL now, really great coverage, and kicking w/ BQ & MP.

We got an absolute steal when we got Trindon Holliday off of the waiver wire. Despite his occasional bobble he is a special player, one of the fastest in the NFL. Field position is huge in the NFL today. He has the ability to take it to the house every time, I think he will see some more time on offense as well.

AFC West should be ours for the next few years while we watch our rivals re-build we will be the machine that steam rolls them like the Patriots to their division.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-03-2012, 02:10 AM
You will have a great team as long as Manning is your QB. All bets are off after he retires which could be as soon as after next season.

bowtown
12-03-2012, 03:24 AM
You will have a great team as long as Manning is your QB. All bets are off after he retires which could be as soon as after next season.

And thus began the Era of Oz.

Rock Chalk
12-03-2012, 05:31 AM
And thus began the Era of Oz.

I really hope we aren't going with Oz as his replacement.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-03-2012, 05:49 AM

Lol. That has some potential to strain the infallible GM sentiment. Hope that kid isn't as dumb as his body art.

rmsanger
12-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Let's not get all whoa crazy crazy! They've made a few decent moves in FA signing and drafting VM and Wolfe. But for Elway it all boils down to 1 move Peyton. Other than that the crew hasn't done anything else that is a gamechanger.

As Peyton goes so goes the Broncos. Let's not go overboard and call them the fourth incarnation of god.

Drek
12-03-2012, 05:58 AM

You really think Elway isn't going to go with Osweiler as Manning's replacement?

C'mon son. Went out of their way to draft the guy in the 2nd round. Intentionally picked the young, raw, high upside guy with Osweiler instead of the more polished Cousins or Nick Foles, who has a similar skill set and size but more starting experience.

That is the big Elway gamble here, that Osweiler was worth departing from the "only plan A!" method of team building to get Manning's replacement on the roster.

That is when the big referendum on Elway as a GM will be held. Right now he's still using a lot of McDaniels era players and coaches, with a healthy handful of Shanahan era players as well. He's done a good job filling in around them, but the big moves were a no brainer FA signing if you could land him (Manning) and hitting the #2 overall pick out of the park with Miller.

The real sign of Elway being something special as an executive will be how well he identifies QB talent. If he's right on Osweiler this team is set up incredibly well for the next decade or more. If he's wrong he'll get at least one more shot at finding someone else, but this won't be a standout team for a few years while he does.

ColoradoDarin
12-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Peyton Manning has been making coaches look like geniuses for over 20 years, and making Elway into Executive of the Year.

Steve Sewell
12-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Hmm at his initial press conference he indicated that he wanted to play 4-5 more years.

Also your "prediction" pretty much guarantees that he'll be a Bronco well past next season.

Chris
12-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Let's not get all whoa crazy crazy! They've made a few decent moves in FA signing and drafting VM and Wolfe. But for Elway it all boils down to 1 move Peyton. Other than that the crew hasn't done anything else that is a gamechanger.

As Peyton goes so goes the Broncos. Let's not go overboard and call them the fourth incarnation of god.

Add Chris Harris as a RFA, getting the coaching staff to bring the best out of Vickerson, Woodyard, Ayers, Franklin, Beadles, Walton and even Rahim Moore. Building depth so we can have multiple effective personnel packages.

It's the full package. Would we have the same record without Manning? No, but with Manning and without these guys I think we'd be lucky to have 5 wins.

bfoflcommish
12-03-2012, 08:42 AM

True, JDR has nothing to do with things either

TonyR
12-03-2012, 08:46 AM
No, no, no. Elway is a fail, and Bowlen a gutless drunk, because they didn't keep Timmy Try Hard...

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Add Chris Harris as a RFA, getting the coaching staff to bring the best out of Vickerson, Woodyard, Ayers, Franklin, Beadles, Walton and even Rahim Moore. Building depth so we can have multiple effective personnel packages.

It's the full package. Would we have the same record without Manning? No, but with Manning and without these guys I think we'd be lucky to have 5 wins.

This. There's players on this team that look great. Players that didnt look great under another Staff

socalorado
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Oz is a flat out beast. Watched him play at AZ ST, and hes the real deal.
He is huge, but very mobile and fast, and has a cannon.
Not worried at all.
Trust Elway, boys. He's got this GM stuff down.

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 08:57 AM

Thank you for starting the week of with one of the worst posts we will see. Manning is a game changer but if you don't have solid starters, you will be losing high scoring games. Does Jack Del Rio count for anything? How about Von Miller? Elway has been in charge for 2 seasons. For who he kept and who has he dumped, I feel pretty damn good on the future of this team.

So what are you, a Bowlen hater or a McDaniels apologist?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM

Thats probably true of half the elite teams in football.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM

We probably should, at least, see him play first before we deem him incapable.

edog24
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Not really. We won the west last year without a viable throwing qb and less talent on the D. At a minimum it looks like we will have a stranglehold on the west for years to come. :strong:

Crushaholic
12-03-2012, 09:16 AM
The era of free agency guarantees NOTHING. However, I intend to enjoy this season. Hopefully, it plays out like we all want to play out...:lombardi:

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-03-2012, 09:22 AM
The era of free agency guarantees NOTHING. However, I intend to enjoy this season. Hopefully, it plays out like we all want to play out...:lombardi:

That is true. But with certain teams that continue to have success year after year there's one common theme. A strong FO.

Durango
12-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Oz is a flat out beast. Watched him play at AZ ST, and hes the real deal.
He is huge, but very mobile and fast, and has a cannon.
Not worried at all.
Trust Elway, boys. He's got this GM stuff down.

This. With Elway, this team will remain on top, or contending for years & years to come.

I also watched Osweiler for nearly his entire college career and he will prove to be a great pick. I was honestly surprised when the Broncos selected him and equally surprised he hung around the draft boards as long as he did.

baja
12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/John+Elway+Pat+Bowlen+John+Fox+Introduced+ieNtgOTX u9vl.jpg

This is fairly lengthy so bare with me

Pat Bowlen has made some mistakes like his mistake in hiring Josh as a head coach, but you have to give him the credit he deserves. He didn't take long to realize that he made a mistake, he fired Josh McDaniels after his 2nd year. He brought in Elway, Elway hires Fox, drafts Von Miller. He managed to convince Peyton Manning to play in Denver for a chance at a Superbowl or two.

Elway bringing in Manning allowed him to cast aside Tebow who we all loved at times but most of realized that realistically it wasn't something that would last due to his style of play, any other QB brought in would of caused havoc among fans. Elway killed 2 birds in one stone.

McDaniels era looked grim when he was fired we thought it would be bad for awhile. 2 Years later looks at us. We are legit contenders #3 in D #5 in O

We are going to be good for a long time. We have a defense that is mostly young at key positions. We also have a whole lot of depth on defense. I don't see us regressing here, with another solid draft or two we could have the best defense in the NFL.

Our offense outside of Peyton and Stokely is young and growing up more and more every day. Peyton Manning should be able to play around 3 more years or so after this. That gives us 3 possibly 4 solid runs at the Superbowl provided we have good health.

Even when Manning hangs it up, we will still be a good team thanks the way our defense is shaping up.

I almost forgot to mention one of the most impressive units on the Broncos that gets overlooked by outsiders. After years of abysmal special teams the Broncos have gotten that part of the game figured out. We have one of the best return games in the NFL now, really great coverage, and kicking w/ BQ & MP.

We got an absolute steal when we got Trindon Holliday off of the waiver wire. Despite his occasional bobble he is a special player, one of the fastest in the NFL. Field position is huge in the NFL today. He has the ability to take it to the house every time, I think he will see some more time on offense as well.

AFC West should be ours for the next few years while we watch our rivals re-build we will be the machine that steam rolls them like the Patriots to their division.

Good summation.

I would add Manning is coaching the heck out of Osweiler (you see him and Manning on the sidelines going over charts and photos all the time) so we may well have our QB of the future ready to step in when Peyton does retire.

Also Holliday is much more than just fast, like all the great ones he seems to instinctively find the running lanes. I love how he hesitates after he catches the ball to scan the field for a running lane. He also has the God given ability to feel the pressure from behind and make a timely cut. I think he's going to be great one day soon.

baja
12-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I have a feeling Manning will be part of the organization after he retires as a player.

MagicHef
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM

Yes, but we have an FO that has made QB the #1 priority. I'm confident that will not change when Manning retires.