PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Stadium: AKA Manning's House

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Here's reason No. 150 why Peyton Manning is a lock for the Pro Football Hall of Fame: Back in the day, Moses parted the Red Sea. But only Manning can stop the wave in his home stadium.

Any old MVP candidate can pass for three touchdowns in a 31-23 victory against Tampa Bay. On this particular Sunday, however, Manning told 76,432 Broncomaniacs to sit down and shut up.

And they liked it.

"I'm all for excitement, but in a no-huddle offense, when you are calling something at the line, the quieter the crowd can be, it certainly is helpful," said Manning, explaining why he gestured for fans to behave themselves in mid-wave.

This is Manning's house. Oh, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen might have built it. But it's remarkable how hard and fast the new Denver quarterback has laid down the law around here, especially considering Manning came to town with a noodle arm.

Maybe somebody needs to write down the Manning House Rules. In fact, let's begin now:

1) Thou shalt not covet nachos at the concession stand while the Broncos have the football.

2) Please, before becoming an NFL referee, learn how to count to 12.

3) Be prepared to catch a pass, even while sitting on your rump.

4) Keep quiet when the master is at work. There will be ample time to cheer after Manning reaches the end zone.

5) No visiting team gets out of here alive.

Folks talk about tight windows for quarterbacks at this level. Tight window? There was a touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas where I swear Manning squeezed a football in a space no bigger than a mouse hole.

But it's his quirky football genius that really makes heads shake in disbelief.

And if we follow Manning's lead, there just might be enough room for every single Broncomaniac in the back seat of his Buick, for a ride all the way to the Super Bowl.

This is Manning's house. Wipe your feet before entering, and kindly memorize all the house rules ASAP.

Read more: Mark Kiszla: Mile High now Peyton Manning's house in Denver - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22112708/mark-kiszla-mile-high-now-peyton-mannings-house#ixzz2DyPHqMxQ

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

lonestar
12-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Actually decent writing for the hack that he normally is.

Had some humor in it. Maybe that is why he normally is a hack.

chawknz
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/5yu9hk.png

Pick Six
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/5yu9hk.png

LOL LOL LOL

i4jelway7
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
^ I LMAO @ that

Mountain Bronco
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
This shouldn't have been something that Manning had to explain and is the second time it has happened this year at least. During the Saint's game Broncos fans were doing the wave during offense and it was ridiculous and shows amateurism by the fans. Something as lame as the waive is for timeouts and should never appear when there is play on the field. Common Man.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
The cheering when the offense has the ball has been going on for years. A good chunk of the crowd doesn't know when to shut up.

Smiling Assassin27
12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Hell, we were all whispering and shushing ON OUR COUCH yesterday.

enjolras
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
This shouldn't have been something that Manning had to explain and is the second time it has happened this year at least. During the Saint's game Broncos fans were doing the wave during offense and it was ridiculous and shows amateurism by the fans. Something as lame as the waive is for timeouts and should never appear when there is play on the field. Common Man.

Is there such thing as a professional fan? Do all 76,000+ have to be professionals or can we sprinkle in some amateurs?

baja
12-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Is there such thing as a professional fan? Do all 76,000+ have to be professionals or can we sprinkle in some amateurs?

The old South Standers would have broken some arms for that shiit. ;D

Bacchus
12-03-2012, 03:01 PM
The old South Standers would have broken some arms for that shiit. ;D

I think they might have started doing just that.

Believe me I do not think this will happen again.

XXXII&III
12-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Southstanders started the wave yesterday.