PDA

View Full Version : Denver will finish with the #2 seed.

bpc
12-02-2012, 04:41 PM
NE, Baltimore & Denver all tied up at 9-3. SF will beat NE in a few weeks, and Denver will run the table finishing off Baltimore to finish 13-3 with the #2 seed and a playoff bye week.

Back to Back AFC WEST CHAMPIONS!!!

extralife
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
thanks for ensuring we lose to the Browns or something

oubronco
12-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Like the enthusiasm

Doggcow
12-02-2012, 04:44 PM
With Balt losing that ****S us

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 04:47 PM
With Balt losing that ****S us

Denver takes care of business against Oakland they have 10 days off before Baltimore. Peyton's record is like 7-1 against the Ravens.

Inkana7
12-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I'll take whatever seed keeps us away from NE the longest.

Doggcow
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Denver takes care of business against Oakland they have 10 days off before Baltimore. Peyton's record is like 7-1 against the Ravens.

Exactly then Balt is 12-4 and denver loses tiebreaker to NE at 13-3. We NEED. Houston.

enjolras
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM

That would be the fourth seed. The second seed most likely means we land New England (at home) in the divisional round.

Rock Chalk
12-02-2012, 04:52 PM
NE, Baltimore & Denver all tied up at 9-3. SF will beat NE in a few weeks, and Denver will run the table finishing off Baltimore to finish 13-3 with the #2 seed and a playoff bye week.

SF cant even beat teh Rams.

Houston has a much better chance of beating NE than SF does.

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM

**** that. I want to play them as soon as possible. We have no business talking Super Bowl if we can't beat a team that is only really good at two things: forcing turnovers and scoring off of turnovers.

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 04:54 PM

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/gif/mwah.gif

razorwire77
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
**** that. I want to play them as soon as possible. We have no business talking Super Bowl if we can't beat a team that is only really good at two things: forcing turnovers and scoring off of turnovers.

This. People were saying the same thing in 2005. Let's get those motherf**kers.

Rock Chalk
12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll take NE in Denver. But I want nothing to do with going to Foxboro in January.

WolfpackGuy
12-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Bring on the fuggin Cheatriots!

Ratboy
12-02-2012, 04:59 PM
With the 4th seed locked up, I wonder if we start resting guys?

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 05:06 PM

Miami nearly beat the Pats today. The 49ers are way better than the Dolphins.

errand
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
With the 4th seed locked up, I wonder if we start resting guys?

Not if we can improve our seeding...4th seed is nice, but 2nd means a bye (McGahee comes back perhaps?) then a home game....giving Peyton and the Broncos two weeks to prepare for whomever we play.

TonyR
12-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Peyton's record is like 7-1 against the Ravens.

People seem to like stats like this but I think his record against the Ravens is almost completely meaningless. He got that record with different players against mostly different players. But I hope he makes it 8-1.

RhymesayersDU
12-02-2012, 05:10 PM

Beat me to it. I would not hitch your hopes to SF. But I think Houston definitely can.

TonyR
12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Miami nearly beat the Pats today. The 49ers are way better than the Dolphins.

I think his larger point is a good one though: can't really assume the Niners will beat New England.

bpc
NE could end up losing twice to Houston & SF. I have a feeling SF will beat them. They are a tougher team. St. Louis is a changed team under Fischer. They are not a great team but they are much tougher. Credit to them for a big OT win today.

Denver will win the #2 seed.

RhymesayersDU
People seem to like stats like this but I think his record against the Ravens is almost completely meaningless. He got that record with different players against mostly different players. But I hope he makes it 8-1.

While I agree with you to a point, have the Ravens had a major defensive scheme change recently? Because it could still be a somewhat valid point; maybe Peyton just understands what they want to do and has the ability to beat it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Eli will call Peyton and let him know how to beat Brady.

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM
thanks for ensuring we lose to the Browns or something

Fans have zero effect on games with predictions.

sinuous sausage
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM

dubious claim^

In other news: why the hell does Denver always play Baltimore in Baltimore?

RhymesayersDU
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
dubious claim^

Because the NFL, ESPN, CBS, FOX, etc hate the Broncos.

/omane logic

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 05:31 PM
I think his larger point is a good one though: can't really assume the Niners will beat New England.

I wouldn't assume anyone is going to beat New England, but the 49ers have as good a shot to do it as anyone else on their schedule.

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM

I agree to a point, but he knows how he has beat them in the past and that can help Denver beat them.

DENVERDUI55
12-02-2012, 05:38 PM
dubious claim^

So you think a message board thread can effect the outcome of a football game?

extralife
12-02-2012, 06:21 PM

thanks for that, I wasn't sure.

fwf
12-02-2012, 07:13 PM
We want the 2 and hope the pats get the 4. Our road is probably then Ravens at home, go to Houston, then beat the Pack or 49ers in New Orleans. I think Houston can beat the Pats at home in a huge game (their 1st) like that.

sinuous sausage
12-02-2012, 07:23 PM

oh absolutely. Have you never tried?

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 07:26 PM

My posts single-handedly carried the Broncos to victory in the 1997 Playoff game against the Steelers.

sinuous sausage
12-02-2012, 07:31 PM
My posts single-handedly carried the Broncos to victory in the 1997 Playoff game against the Steelers.

Ah, yes. I remember your fine work on that day.

I was tagged for the 2004 wild card round. Unfortunately I was just coming off a six day cocaine bender and my thoughts were elsewhere. My missing baby, for instance.

BroncoFanDoug
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM

We are going to need to play NE sometime to win the SB. I would rather play them at home.

Steve Sewell
12-02-2012, 08:00 PM

How do you explain the curse of Bob then?

lonestar
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
While I agree with you to a point, have the Ravens had a major defensive scheme change recently? Because it could still be a somewhat valid point; maybe Peyton just understands what they want to do and has the ability to beat it.

They will have Ray L back for our game their heart and soul, that scares me with the way we have been only showing up for a couple quartes a game.

theAPAOps5
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
They will have Ray L back for our game their heart and soul, that scares me with the way we have been only showing up for a couple quartes a game.

An old man LB coming back from a significant injury. Yeah that works out totally in their favor!

gunns
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Amen!

broncobum6162
12-02-2012, 08:58 PM
dubious claim^

I agree! I was thinking the same thing.....I don't ever remember them coming here..

broncobum6162
12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
We are going to need to play NE sometime to win the SB. I would rather play them at home.

Taco... we need a "like" button on this website....

theAPAOps5
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Taco... we need a "like" button on this website....

We do, its that little symbol between the yield sign and dot below the adopt a bronco. Its actually a like and dislike button! More robust than that silly old Facebook!;D

lonestar
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
An old man LB coming back from a significant injury. Yeah that works out totally in their favor!

Getting a leader back is huge, while he may not make the plays he like Manning does inspires others to play better.
With him calling out the defenses and changes just make the duel between him and Manning that much harder to win.

BroncoBeavis
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I have a bad feeling Harbaugh's Kaepernick move is going to piss away our shot at the #2.

jerseyguy4
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
No team frightens me, except NE.
I can't lie, I'm scared of Belichick. No coach has designed better defenses to play against Peyton. It's A1 critical we face them in Denver, so I vote we fight to bitter end to get the bye. (in case Elway was tabulating fan votes in order to decide on strategy)

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
No team frightens me, except NE.
I can't lie, I'm scared of Belichick. No coach has designed better defenses to play against Peyton. It's A1 critical we face them in Denver, so I vote we fight to bitter end to get the bye. (in case Elway was tabulating fan votes in order to decide on strategy)

NE doesn't scare me but, they expose our weaknesses on D best. Houston is next we have to step up and win. We are better then we were at that point though we'll see what happens.

Doggcow
12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a bad feeling Harbaugh's Kaepernick move is going to piss away our shot at the #2.

Kaepernick only looked good before teams got film on him. It was ****ing stupid. It might have been a good move in the playoffs. But you really showed your hand and ****ed your shot. Poor coaching. Plus Smith is better.

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM

Win out I like our chances

BroncoBeavis
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Win out I like our chances

NE needs to lose next week. After that I have no hope.

Old Dude
12-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Whatever will be, will be.

Raiders Thursday night. Then plenty of prep time for Baltimore. So I hope Oakland doesn't turn into a trap. And any season we sweep them is a good one in my book.

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2012, 09:34 PM

True only game I expect them to lose

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM

They play Houston and SF they could lose either or both of those games.

BroncoBeavis
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
They play Houston and SF they could lose either or both of those games.

I was really expecting the SF game more than Houston. But not so much anymore. Dumbass Harbaugh.

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Raiders Thursday night. Then plenty of prep time for Baltimore. So I hope Oakland doesn't turn into a trap. And any season we sweep them is a good one in my book.

Denver is sweeping the division this year biotch!

pricejj
12-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Surprised how easily the Broncos handled the Bucs. I think the Broncos gained confidence today, on both Offense and Defense.

Now it's time to despatch the Raiders in the Black Hole.

DBroncos4life
12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
It doesn't matter what seed we get. No team will want a part of us at home or on the road.

Jetmeck
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Eli will call Peyton and let him know how to beat Brady.

Bad ass beat the **** out of Brady pass rush is how the Giants do it. Last couple of weeks the pass rush has week as hell.........w/o it we are ****ed against Brady.

pricejj
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Bad ass beat the **** out of Brady pass rush is how the Giants do it. Last couple of weeks the pass rush has week as hell.........w/o it we are ****ed against Brady.

Not true. Freeman was harassed all day. The Broncos Defense relaxed when we were up 31-13 with 5 minutes left in the game.

Miller, Dumervil, Wolfe, and Unrein all were in Freeman's face. Tampa Bay is 4th in the NFL in sacks given up (Broncos are 3rd).

You're right about getting in Brady's face though. The interior DL is starting to figure it...Von Miller just always gets there first.

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Any news on Suggs?

baja
12-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Classic trap game. The very definition of trap game.

Short week to prepare

Coming of a convincing win against a good team

Playing a team we handled easily already this season

A huge game coming up the following week in Bmore.

Yup Classic trap game.

lonestar
12-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Classic trap game. The very definition of trap game.

Short week to prepare

Coming of a convincing win against a good team

Playing a team we handled easily already this season

A huge game coming up the following week in Bmore.

Yup Classic trap game.

let me add at OAK..

they have nothing to lose, playing for pride knowing they can screw up our playoff positioning..

plus the hate us..

pricejj
12-02-2012, 10:38 PM
It's pretty encouraging that the Broncos are still getting better every week.

1. DT's confidence, routes and ability to catch the ball are getting better all the time.
2. The Defense played great today in stopping the run, although I didn't expect that Doug Martin was fast enough to exploit the Broncos Defense on the outside like Jamaal Charles and Danny Woodhead.
3. Hillman had some nice runs, and seems to be gaining confidence with limited touches, as well.

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Not true. Freeman was harassed all day. The Broncos Defense relaxed when we were up 31-13 with 5 minutes left in the game.

Miller, Dumervil, Wolfe, and Unrein all were in Freeman's face. Tampa Bay is 4th in the NFL in sacks given up (Broncos are 3rd).

You're right about getting in Brady's face though. The interior DL is starting to figure it...Von Miller just always gets there first.

Didn't you hear? If a defense doesn't get many sacks they automatically failed to generate any pressure. It's a fact. ;)

Doggcow
12-02-2012, 11:48 PM
It's pretty encouraging that the Broncos are still getting better every week.

1. DT's confidence, routes and ability to catch the ball are getting better all the time.
2. The Defense played great today in stopping the run, although I didn't expect that Doug Martin was fast enough to exploit the Broncos Defense on the outside like Jamaal Charles and Danny Woodhead.
3. Hillman had some nice runs, and seems to be gaining confidence with limited touches, as well.

Danny Woodhead isn't fast.

Agamemnon
12-03-2012, 12:09 AM

And he didn't exploit the edge against us. Do people really not get that our defense gave up all those running yards against New England because they were basically running a hurry up offense the entire game and we just weren't prepared for it?

lonestar
12-03-2012, 12:42 AM
And he didn't exploit the edge against us. Do people really not get that our defense gave up all those running yards against New England because they were basically running a hurry up offense the entire game and we just weren't prepared for it?

Which probably means if we play them again we will be better prepared for it.

But then Brady and boy genius will probably have another trick up their sleeve, which we are not prepared for.

LongDongJohnson
12-03-2012, 12:42 AM

Against brady we need to stop the run. Thats how how they ****ed us the last 3 times we played them.
They have an elite power run game.

I have faith in our DBs but the front 7 cant allow the pats to run down their throats.

extralife
12-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Any news on Suggs?

yeah, he's been playing for three weeks now

Doggcow
12-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Which probably means if we play them again we will be better prepared for it.

But then Brady and boy genius will probably have another trick up their sleeve, which we are not prepared for.

If we can stop the run, the pats don't have receivers that can beat us.

Our Corners are playing out of their minds. I'm only worried about Hernandez, but we could throw Champ on him, Carter on Lloyd, Harris on Welker, and Porter on Edelman.

ghostofjosh
12-03-2012, 02:50 AM
As hot as they are...do we want a bye??? Weve seen the negatives of it

Punisher
12-03-2012, 04:41 AM
**** that were taking the 1st seed

fwf
12-03-2012, 04:59 AM
If I'm McCoy and Fox, I'm in the film room today watching tape on the pats and Houston and Baltimore. Raiders have very little chance next week.

jerseyguy4
12-03-2012, 06:39 AM
If I'm McCoy and Fox, I'm in the film room today watching tape on the pats and Houston and Baltimore. Raiders have very little chance next week.
Too far ahead. Play the game this week; win the game this week. Looking past that gets you out of rhythm

pricejj
12-03-2012, 07:16 AM

Woodhead posted a 4.33s and a 4.38s forty yard dash at his Pro Day. So yes, he is not only fast, but blazingly fast...much like Jamaal Charles.

Don't you remember all the 3rd and 19's the Patriots picked up against the Broncos? Yeah that was Woodhead running outside of left tackle.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 07:22 AM

The Patriots ran it right at Dumervil all day long. The Broncos would obviously be better prepared for it, should they meet the Patriots again...but (like the Chiefs), the Patriots are a good running team (8th in the NFL).

I am heartened by the fact that the Broncos Defense shut down Doug Martin, showing MUCH better pursuit, but it was also a home game. We'll see if the improvement stays.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 07:28 AM

Our Corners are playing out of their minds. I'm only worried about Hernandez, but we could throw Champ on him, Carter on Lloyd, Harris on Welker, and Porter on Edelman.

The only guy that can beat the Broncos over the top is Gronkowski. D.J. had a great pass Defensed against Dallas Clark...Danny Trev can help out too.

lonestar
12-03-2012, 09:33 AM

IF that about sums it up.

Just which HOF QB have we shut down with our out of their minds CBs.

When I see us shuting down Brady and company then I will believe it, till then I worry about it.

You seem to forget our OL is getting eaten alive by DT and NTs. Koppen has looked like a revoving door and Kuper does not seem much better. Clady and Franklin about the same.

NE has a great NT in wilfork and they have really upgraded their CBs this year.

They are going to be a force in the playoffs and IMHO our only chance of beating them is a home game at mile high IF manning can train his fans when to be quiet and when to be loud.

IMHO we are a few players away from greatness. Which means we have to get lucky until we get them.

canadianbroncosfan
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Anyone have any idea why N.E. is listed in #2 over Baltimore?

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf

And it's not just nfl.com that has them, espn, yahoo, tsn, all of them have N.E. over Baltimore.

Looking at the tie-breaker procedures for three clubs tied, it says

Three or more clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

of the three teams tied at 9-3, Baltimore is 1-0 (100%); N.E. is 1-1 (50%) and Denver is 0-1 (0%)

Beantown Bronco
12-03-2012, 10:19 AM

And it's not just nfl.com that has them, espn, yahoo, tsn, all of them have N.E. over Baltimore.

Three or more clubs

of the three teams tied at 9-3, Baltimore is 1-0 (100%); N.E. is 1-1 (50%) and Denver is 0-1 (0%)

According to what I've read, in a 3 team tie for playof seedings, the head to head criteria is ONLY applicable if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others. This has not taken place yet.

so you must go to the next criteria:

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference (NE is 8-1 and Balt is 8-2 in AFC games).

edog24
12-03-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't see NE losing to SF. I think the egomaniac screwed up SF's winning formula by inserting a too-green qb, just my opinion.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM

Three or more clubs

Head-to-head only applies (in a 3 team tie), if one team has a sweep over the other teams. That won't happen, because NE does not play Baltimore. Therefore, it is decided by conference record. NE only has one loss within the conference...so far.

Rock Chalk
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Conference record.

Three or more clubs

broncocalijohn
12-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Hey, it is so easy on paper, we got this!

sinuous sausage
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
IF

great poem

pricejj
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
The Broncos also have the added advantage of "pushing the leader". One slip up from NE and Baltimore, and they have to come to Denver in the playoffs.

The Broncos are breathing down the necks of the AFC. Don't flinch heh heh. :strong:

rmsanger
12-03-2012, 12:16 PM
If I had to put money on it then I would say we come in the 3rd seed.

canadianbroncosfan
12-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Head-to-head only applies (in a 3 team tie), if one team has a sweep over the other teams. That won't happen, because NE does not play Baltimore. Therefore, it is decided by conference record. NE only has one loss within the conference...so far.

Huh?

They beat them in week 3

canadianbroncosfan
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
According to what I've read, in a 3 team tie for playof seedings, the head to head criteria is ONLY applicable if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others. This has not taken place yet.

so you must go to the next criteria:

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference (NE is 8-1 and Balt is 8-2 in AFC games).

That makes sense.

I guess the head to head will come into play after week 15. If Baltimore beats us, they'll pretty much wrapped up the #2, if we beat them, we need help from Houston and San Fran to get to #2.

pricejj
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Huh?

They beat them in week 3

I forgot. So that means we have to finish with a better win-loss record than NE...and so does Baltimore.

If NE loses on Monday night, the Denver/Baltimore game in week 15 will have BIG ramifications.

bpc
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Bump

ZONA
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Oh yeah, take care of business next 2 weeks and then it's a week off, luvin it

long beach bronco
12-17-2012, 06:36 AM
If the Broncos win their last two games and Houston looses their last two which could happen (Vikings, at Colts), we get the number one seed. Wouldn't that be something!!!

Requiem
12-17-2012, 06:39 AM
So if we beat the Browns and Chiefs we get the #2 seed? Nice.

SeedReaver
12-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Well, we are 3-0 against arguably the toughest division in the AFC: the North. We have beat the 3 possible playoff teams from the North in the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals. With a cleanup of the Browns, we will go 4-0 against a gauntlet of a division.

Breakdown:

Division games (6 total): 5-0
AFC North (4 total): 3-0
NFC South (4 total): 3-1
AFC E/S 1st place 2011 (2 total): 0-2
Total: 11-3

Greatspirits
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
If the Broncos win their last two games and Houston looses their last two which could happen (Vikings, at Colts), we get the number one seed. Wouldn't that be something!!!

Don't see that happening but you never know, we just need to care of our business!

55CrushEm
12-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Don't see that happening but you never know, we just need to care of our business!

Me neither. But Minnesot is hanging onto that 6-seed right now, and Peterson is having a monster year. Unfortunately, Houston is good vs. the run and Christian Ponder sucks.

In the final week, Indy might have Pagano back, and that would give them an emotional boost.

One can hope!

I hope Houston goes 0-2, and Denver and NE go 2-0. That way Den/NE would be 1/2 respectively, and we wouldn't face the Cheaters until the AFC title game.

edog24
12-17-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm mixed on this. I like where we are right now.

It seems like we would (if we win out) would play NE first at home. I like that, we are are fresh off the bye, get the cheaters out of the way first, keep rolling on through to the SB. I don't think Hou will win a playoff game this year, their D looks soft right now.

broncocalijohn
12-17-2012, 09:40 AM
BPC , good bump! It actually is coming.

oubronco
12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
As long as we get to play NE at home I think we have a chance

55CrushEm
12-17-2012, 09:52 AM

I'd still rather not play them at all. They are a bad matchup for us.

The edges of our defense (DEs, OLBs, CBs) are solid. It's the interior of our defense that is average/poor (DTs, MLB, safties).

With Gronk back.....I just don't want to play NE.....ANYWHERE.

I'd be more comfortable going into Houston.

I'm convinced that the winner of the Den/NE divisional game will go into Houston and win.....and then onto the Superbowl.

Chris
12-17-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd still rather not play them at all. They are a bad matchup for us.

The edges of our defense (DEs, OLBs, CBs) are solid. It's the interior of our defense that is average/poor (DTs, MLB, safties).

With Gronk back.....I just don't want to play NE.....ANYWHERE.

I'd be more comfortable going into Houston.

I'm convinced that the winner of the Den/NE divisional game will go into Houston and win.....and then onto the Superbowl.

I'm convinced that the winner of the Den / NE divisional game will win the superbowl.

Rock Chalk
12-17-2012, 11:11 AM

This ****ing assclown was way off.

What a dick.

Lolad
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
This ****ing assclown was way off.

What a dick.

Lol... We all make mistakes

mwill07
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Patriots high-tempo schtick won't work in Denver. 2 reasons:

it's really tough to go no-huddle on the road. Crowd noise makes getting the calls out at the line really tough.
Patriots will feel the effects of 5280 much more than Broncos will if they try to play fast. I dare them to try this for 4 quarters...guarantee they will be huffing/puffing in Q4 while we are still fresh.

combine these two reasons with Joe Mays being off the field, DJ Williams being on the field, and I give our D a good chance at keeping Brady & company in check. Hell, I don't even care about Gronkowski. Pitta just hung 7-125-2 on us...BFD. Gronkowski/Herenandez will get theirs, as long as the rest of the team is contained, we will be ok.