PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Lacy

Vine
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Alabama running back.

Normally, I am against using a first round pick on a rb, but if he were to survive to the end of the 1st round when Denver might pick, I want him.

Requiem
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Definitely not a first rounder.

DBroncos4life
12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Definitely not a first rounder.

Or in the right forum :thumbsup:

GreatBronco16
12-01-2012, 06:10 PM
When did Lacy say that he was entering the draft?

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I'd be fine with drafting the guy in the 3rd round or later, but there's no ****ing way the guy is worth a 1st rounder.

Vine
12-01-2012, 06:32 PM
It seems every Alabama rb is damn good, Lacy looks like the next great rb next in line from that pipeline.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-01-2012, 06:39 PM
I dunno. I do think he is a 1st Round back and would compete with Giovani Bernard to be the first back off the board. Right now, I'd think Green Bay would be very interested around Pick #25.

The guy is 6'0, 220. Runs in the low-mid 4.5s. Is going to have over 1200yds averaging more than 6 yards per carry in the SEC. He also has decent hands. And he's only a Junior in a timeshare with Yeldon whom is a future Top 10 back, or he'd have massive numbers. He was really good spelling Richardson last year as well and has substantial similarities to Trent.

If he's not a 1st Round back, I'm not sure what is.

Lestat
12-01-2012, 06:40 PM
bump that, i want Yeldon(yes i know he's a frosh), that dude is going to be a beast and they have some seriously wickedly good ones coming in this recruiting class.

BroncoMan4ever
12-01-2012, 07:12 PM
What about Montee Ball? Big strong back with a nose for the end zone.

Plus he is getting a 3rd round grade right now. Better to get a guy like that and get a MLB or dominant DT earlier in the draft

Lestat
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Plus he is getting a 3rd round grade right now. Better to get a guy like that and get a MLB or dominant DT earlier in the draft

only MLB i want early is named Teo and that mother is going top 15.
well Bostic from Florida is good too, but he's likely 2nd round more than 1st so that would still be early.

rugbythug
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
With the 32nd pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Denver broncos select-

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 07:17 PM
It these guys come out, it should be a much better year to draft a power back in the 2nd or 3rd round than last year.

Montee Ball is a senior
Levon Bell (MSU) is a junior
Bernard, Lacy, really any of these guys would go a long ways to helping to upgrade the RB position.

Vine
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM
With the 32nd pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Denver broncos select-

This.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 07:31 PM
I dunno. I do think he is a 1st Round back and would compete with Giovani Bernard to be the first back off the board. Right now, I'd think Green Bay would be very interested around Pick #25.

The guy is 6'0, 220. Runs in the low-mid 4.5s. Is going to have over 1200yds averaging more than 6 yards per carry in the SEC. He also has decent hands. And he's only a Junior in a timeshare with Yeldon whom is a future Top 10 back, or he'd have massive numbers. He was really good spelling Richardson last year as well and has substantial similarities to Trent.

If he's not a 1st Round back, I'm not sure what is.

I don't see it. That line makes everyone look great, but I just don't see the play-making ability of a 1st round pick. Then again the size (there's no way he's just 220) and speed combo may just be too tempting for teams. Should be interesting to see what the guy does at the Combine.

DivineLegion
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Production production production! I'll take Monte Ball.

BroncoMan4ever
12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
well Bostic from Florida is good too, but he's likely 2nd round more than 1st so that would still be early.

I would love a DT like Kawann Short from Purdue that can get push up the middle in the 1st. Bostic Would be a nice 2nd round pick but if Te'o isn't an option I want Kevin Minter from LSU in the 2nd. Then in the 3rd Montee Ball.

That One Guy
12-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I won't lie, I don't watch a whole lot of college ball closely so I don't know one guy from the next usually but I was rooting for Georgia tonight (F Saban) and that Lacy guy looked amazing. The line surely helped but the guy seemed to get 5 yards after the first guy jumped on his back. That one drive where I don't think Alabama threw the ball once and Lacy was averaging 12+ YPC was just insane.

He may not have the body of work to be a 1st round pick, I don't know, but boy he sure dominated that Georgia D at times.

Baba Booey
12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Much rather have Yeldon.

DivineLegion
12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
After tonight Ogletree might lose some draft stock, the guy got steam rolled all night long. Maybe we can steal Ogletree late in the second round.

Lestat
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Bernard would be my #1 RB if we have to take someone early. if it's later on i want Gillislee.

at DT since we won't get Star, either Shariff Floyd,Jonathan Jenkins or Sheldon RIchardson early.

Lestat
12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
After tonight Ogletree might lose some draft stock, the guy got steam rolled all night long. Maybe we can steal Ogletree late in the second round.

i doubt he lost much stock. he's like 220-225 playing LB on a safety frame.

pricejj
12-01-2012, 10:03 PM

It doesn't look to me like Ogletree would help the Broncos Defense out any...he's definitely not a 4-3 MLB. The Broncos need a good RB...hopefully they can get one in Free Agency.

There are a few NT's that I wouldn't mind taking with the 32nd pick in the draft...

Aftermath
12-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Absolutely not. Terrible thread. We dont even know if he will be in this years draft. Let's make a thread about every prospect we should draft!

Doggcow
12-02-2012, 12:23 AM
I like Rambo. He has a sweet name. I liked Major Wright too because he had a sweet name and he seems to be working out.

Ratboy
12-02-2012, 12:33 AM
No idea.

But we do need a running back that has the ability to take it to the house on a consistent basis.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-02-2012, 03:43 AM

Ball will be an interesting name to watch. What's interesting is that after last year's ridiculous season, he was a 3rd round pick because of speed limitations. A year later, he's had a much less impressive statistical season while adding considerable mileage to his tires. That said, to me, he looks better and the Wisconsin line is not nearly as good as last season. I think he's a late 2nd Round pick, but there's probably not a player in this draft whom will have as much riding on a 40 time as Ball will. I expect a 4.63 if he weighs in at 215-225.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-02-2012, 03:48 AM

I've been really impressed with Kevin Minter from LSU. If he declares and makes it to our pick in the late first, I think he has to be the selection as things stand now. Te'o probably goes Top 5 now with both the Chiefs and Raiders needing an ILB.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-02-2012, 04:00 AM
I would love a DT like Kawann Short from Purdue that can get push up the middle in the 1st. Bostic Would be a nice 2nd round pick but if Te'o isn't an option I want Kevin Minter from LSU in the 2nd. Then in the 3rd Montee Ball.

That would be a really nice draft. Short is my preferred DT in this draft, though he didn't take the Senior jump I was expecting. I had him as my #1 DT last year, so maybe I'm just being stubborn after a very good, not great senior year. I'm not convinced he'll make it to the late first, and if he doesn't, I think Sylvester Williams from North Carolina would be a great consolation prize. Personally, I do hope we go DT in Round 1, maybe even trade back a bit like last year.

As for Minter, I made a post before I saw yours about him. He's kind of an easy evaluation because he won't come out unless he's a 1st Round pick. So, we would either take him in R1 or he's not an option this year. Really good player though.

Ball in the 3rd would work. Has a lot of similarities to former John Fox backs Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster. I really think he'd have to be the 2nd Round pick though, and we might even have to move up a bit for that.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-02-2012, 04:11 AM

It's definitely a thought. I don't see how he goes in Round 1.

I'm not overly high on Ogletree. Taking college 34 ILBs that play in limited space and schemes, and projecting them to a 43 NFL style defense is pretty risky. Not to mention the off-the-field concerns.

He definitely appears athletic and probably is a 3 down LB, but what is the cost? He looked bad in the run game, and most RBs in the NFL are Lacy's size. I guess he could be a developmental talent if you think you could put another 10-15lbs on him while being able to keep his athleticism. His instincts are obviously good as well.

I'd still feel a little reluctant taking him in the last 2nd to play MIKE in a 43. There is definitely risk there regardless of early draft hype.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Bernard would be my #1 RB if we have to take someone early. if it's later on i want Gillislee.

at DT since we won't get Star, either Shariff Floyd,Jonathan Jenkins or Sheldon RIchardson early.

Doubt we take Bernard, he'd render Hillman completely useless. Fox probably does his usual thunder/lightning type thing, and looks for a 215+ lb thumper that can log 200 carries up the gut. Not sure that would be Gillislee either, though it is possible. You'd just like to see more of a load bearing history than one season of 240 carries for a potential between the tackles starter in the NFL.

There's a only a few guys I really view as John Fox style backs in this draft. Eddie Lacy would take a 1st Round pick, Stepfan Taylor and Montee Ball would take 2nd Round picks, and maybe a late round flier on Knile Davis or Marcus Lattimore where we stash them for a year while they heal up. Christine Michael is interesting as a late round/UDFA flier as well, he was kind of lost in Texas AM's new offense, but he has some ability.

This looks like a weak RB draft overall though, too many situational RBs.

2KBack
12-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Don't be fooled by Wisconsin backs:

Ron Dayne
PJ Hill
Anthony Davis
Brian Calhoun
John Clay

Now Monte Ball

DivineLegion
12-02-2012, 05:24 AM
It's definitely a thought. I don't see how he goes in Round 1.

I'm not overly high on Ogletree. Taking college 34 ILBs that play in limited space and schemes, and projecting them to a 43 NFL style defense is pretty risky. Not to mention the off-the-field concerns.

He definitely appears athletic and probably is a 3 down LB, but what is the cost? He looked bad in the run game, and most RBs in the NFL are Lacy's size. I guess he could be a developmental talent if you think you could put another 10-15lbs on him while being able to keep his athleticism. His instincts are obviously good as well.

I'd still feel a little reluctant taking him in the last 2nd to play MIKE in a 43. There is definitely risk there regardless of early draft hype.

You should read this.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/fat-camp-the-multiplicity-of-the-broncos-defense

Bacchus
12-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Alabama running back.

Normally, I am against using a first round pick on a rb, but if he were to survive to the end of the 1st round when Denver might pick, I want him.

No

DivineLegion
12-02-2012, 05:52 AM
I don't think Laceys spin move is going to be effective in the NFL, if anything it's going to get him killed.

Elway 4 Life
12-02-2012, 06:20 AM
I would rather have Yeldon or Gurley in a few years. If we did draft Lacey I wouldnt be upset.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-02-2012, 06:38 AM
DJ Fluker impressed me more than the running backs.

Vine
12-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Absolutely not. Terrible thread. We dont even know if he will be in this years draft. Let's make a thread about every prospect we should draft!

I see running back as Denver's biggest need going into next season. So, yeah, creating a thread about a running back is a terrible idea. 90% Lacy is coming out. Alabama won't miss a step with Yeldon coming afterword. If you don't like the thread, don't participate in it, but I don't see the point in bitching about the thread like a little ****ing crybaby.

Vine
12-02-2012, 09:30 AM
No

I am convinced by your insight. Maybe he is a bad idea afterall!

Requiem
12-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Likes omgs, i saw his SEC games last nite he's da best RB by fars likes lets drafts him guise!!!

Al Wilson
12-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Eddie Lacy in my opinion is going to be a great back at the next level. The way he's built he reminds of Terrell Davis. Has great game speed, can read blocks, and has very good vision. His blocking is also great, and he's a good recieving option out of the backfield. I hope we draft him

g6matty
12-02-2012, 10:16 AM
We need another WR bad. Who plays if DT or decker go down... Willis and Caldwell? Lol

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 04:43 PM
We need another WR bad. Who plays if DT or decker go down... Willis and Caldwell? Lol

Not nearly as bad as we need a dynamic running back or a play-making MLB. I would think there would plenty of options at the position in free agency if all we are looking for is a #3 type guy.

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Eddie Lacy in my opinion is going to be a great back at the next level. The way he's built he reminds of Terrell Davis. Has great game speed, can read blocks, and has very good vision. His blocking is also great, and he's a good recieving option out of the backfield. I hope we draft him

Terrell Davis was built nothing like Eddie Lacy. Are you being serious?

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Ball will be an interesting name to watch. What's interesting is that after last year's ridiculous season, he was a 3rd round pick because of speed limitations. A year later, he's had a much less impressive statistical season while adding considerable mileage to his tires. That said, to me, he looks better and the Wisconsin line is not nearly as good as last season. I think he's a late 2nd Round pick, but there's probably not a player in this draft whom will have as much riding on a 40 time as Ball will. I expect a 4.63 if he weighs in at 215-225.

That won't go ever well here after the whole Moreno thing. Though I can see the appeal of Ball in the 3rd round. He could end up being very good yardage grinding type back.

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't think Laceys spin move is going to be effective in the NFL, if anything it's going to get him killed.

No but his power and relative agility probably will be. I do think he'll be an effective NFL runner, just not high draft pick effective.

Al Wilson
12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Terrell Davis was built nothing like Eddie Lacy. Are you being serious?
He's taller than Davis, but his lower body built is similar to Davis, and he runs low like Davis did.

Agamemnon
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
He's taller than Davis, but his lower body built is similar to Davis, and he runs low like Davis did.

Did you actually watch Terrell Davis play? There's virtually no similarities between the two. Lacey is much more like Steven Jackson. Seriously, Lacey probably outweighs Terrell Davis by 30 pounds and is far more of a pure power back than a vision-based cutback runner.

Al Wilson
12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Did you actually watch Terrell Davis play? There's virtually no similarities between the two. Lacey is much more like Steven Jackson. Seriously, Lacey probably outweighs Terrell Davis by 30 pounds and is far more of a pure power back than a vision-based cutback runner.
I said he runs low like Davis did. I never said he is the same type of running back Davis was. And I said his low body build is similar to Davis. That's all. And he is 30 more pounds heavier cause he is taller than Davis was.

He's not just a power back, he can cut, and is agile/has the speed to take it the distance. You need to watch his highlights.

Lestat
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM

Eddie Lacy is built closer to Trent Richardson than TD.
not sure how you see that, not even close to the same build.

Vine
01-12-2013, 08:33 AM
He said he is going pro. I still want this guy, he is a ****ing beast. I don't think he will last to the last pick in the 1st round though.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't see him falling past the Steelers.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Would be possibly the worst way to spend a first round pick. As evidence to this, I present the previous decade in NFL history.

oubronco
01-12-2013, 10:24 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c0.0.851.315/p851x315/538436_10151066895094751_1518857654_n.jpg

Dedhed
01-12-2013, 10:25 AM
If we draft anyone from Alabama in the first round it should be Chance Warmack.

Lestat
01-12-2013, 10:46 AM
i'm cool with Warmack,Jones,Lacy or Millner in the first. Lacy doesn't look fast but he has wheels and he's a big bruising dude.
imagine Peyton back to being able to hand off the ball to the runner and utilize the offense like back in his Indy days with James.

Cito Pelon
01-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Montee Ball seems like a good chain-mover kind of guy that could be available in Rd 3.

Lestat
01-12-2013, 10:51 AM
if we're going lower tier RB in the 2nd or 3rd i want Gillislee or Bernard.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 10:54 AM
if we're going lower tier RB in the 2nd or 3rd i want Gillislee or Bernard.

I think Bernard sneaks into the first round.

Lestat
01-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I think Bernard sneaks into the first round.

i definitely agree but i hope not, but he's essentially the David Wilson of this draft, can do a little bit of everything, fast and explosive.

he'll be pretty young too and those fresh legs will have less mileage than most others.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 11:19 AM
i definitely agree but i hope not, but he's essentially the David Wilson of this draft, can do a little bit of everything, fast and explosive.

he'll be pretty young too and those fresh legs will have less mileage than most others.
The combine will be big for him. If he is in that 4.4 range I think he will be high on teams list. I can't see the Jags passing on him to begin the second round if he does fall. No way MJD is back and they need a RB bad IMO.

TheChamp24
01-12-2013, 11:54 AM
I'd be shocked if Lacy goes in the 1st to be honest.
And no, I don't want to go for a RB when we just spent a 3rd on Hillman and Moreno seems to be playing up now, plus we have Mcgahee as well for depth.

maher_tyler
01-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Give me Todd Gurley when he comes out. That guy reminds me of a faster version of McGahee. Having said that. I hope we go D with our first pick. Preferably MLB.

TonyR
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Damn, Lacy looked good last night...

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Starks also looked good at times. You could have driven a mack truck through some of those holes...

enjolras
11-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Damn, Lacy looked good last night...

No question our front-office just screwed this up.

strafen
11-05-2013, 10:01 AM

Maybe they've read the comments here in the OM and decided to heed the advice of the fans...

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2013, 10:03 AM

lol, whatever. You are probably one of the same people who are now all in favor of Moreno yet you were calling him a bust his rookie year. Congrats.

bronco militia
11-05-2013, 10:06 AM
FYI, the bears defense is terrible

TonyR
11-05-2013, 10:10 AM
He's averaged 109 yards/game the last 5 weeks, with a low of 82.

Greatspirits
11-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I wanted Lacy too, hopefully in the long run Ball will show some value.

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Ball can't do anything if he's not in the games...

razorwire77
11-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Eddie Lacy reminds me of Mike Anderson. Sure would be nice to have a prime Mike Anderson in this offense.

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Lacey sure look better than Trent Richardson lol!! Wow, it's so tough to know which guys are gonna be good in the NFL and which guys are struggle.

Mountain Bronco
11-05-2013, 10:50 AM
^^^ Agreed. Look at the RB's that have come out of Alabama and been busts lately. Picked up Lacy on my fantasy team and he has been great.

Punisher
11-05-2013, 11:31 AM
I was shocked we passed on Lacy given that hes like WAY WAY BETTER THAN Ball

BMORE
11-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I thought Ingram and Richardson were far better complete prospects coming out of college, but Lacy has had a very good showing thus far.

The knock on him was long term health concerns about that fused foot. Let us not forget Green Bay traded back in the second thinking they would get Ball, because Lacy was still on the board.

Agamemnon
11-05-2013, 11:39 AM
It's cute to me that people on this board don't know awful run defense when they see it. James Starks averaged pretty much the same per carry as Lacy. Lacy is playing well overall, but you guys are cracking me up. Oh and let's not pretend the medical issues magically went away. That was the real reason the Broncos passed on him after all.

Rohirrim
11-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Ogletree over Sylvester for the win! !Booya!

TonyR
11-05-2013, 11:46 AM
The knock on him was long term health concerns about that fused foot.

Yup, hard to knock the FO for passing on him considering this issue. But, frustrating to see him doing so well compared to Ball.

enjolras
11-05-2013, 11:47 AM
lol, whatever. You are probably one of the same people who are now all in favor of Moreno yet you were calling him a bust his rookie year. Congrats.

It's not like I started posting here yesterday. There is plenty of post history to look at. I have been pretty skeptical of Moreno (and I think with good reason). For several seasons the guy showed almost no burst. His running this year has been nothing short of remarkable, particularly given how bad he's been otherwise.

I think Ball may be a fine running back, but I've yet to see him run with the power and burst that Lacy routinely shows. The guy looks fantastic.

Drafting is hard, I get that. Sometimes you screw up. I think they screwed up.

BroncosfanGuy
11-05-2013, 12:06 PM
LAcy looked good, but let's remember street free agent Brandon Jacobs had a 22/106/2 TD line against Chicago's run defense earlier this year.

rmsanger
11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Lacy has looked good most of the year and it getting better. He's def far and away the best back from the past draft.

ludo21
11-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Ogletree over Sylvester for the win! !Booya!

ed reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Definitely upset we missed out on Ogletree... but hoping sly makes the leap next year

Requiem
11-05-2013, 12:39 PM
I was told by everyone Olgletree wasn't gonna be good.

Requiem
11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
It's cute to me that people on this board don't know awful run defense when they see it. James Starks averaged pretty much the same per carry as Lacy. Lacy is playing well overall, but you guys are cracking me up. Oh and let's not pretend the medical issues magically went away. That was the real reason the Broncos passed on him after all.

Anything that tarnishes your opinion would be "cute." Actually, it is just inconvenient for you that he is doing well.

Rohirrim
11-05-2013, 12:43 PM

I think it had more to do with his four game suspension for substance abuse and a DUI. Red flags. Fisher has always been willing to roll the dice on those guys. So far, it's working out.

Harvitz81
11-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Where would we have played Ogletree though. Would you drop Trevathan for him???

Tombstone RJ
11-05-2013, 01:00 PM
It's not like I started posting here yesterday. There is plenty of post history to look at. I have been pretty skeptical of Moreno (and I think with good reason). For several seasons the guy showed almost no burst. His running this year has been nothing short of remarkable, particularly given how bad he's been otherwise.

I think Ball may be a fine running back, but I've yet to see him run with the power and burst that Lacy routinely shows. The guy looks fantastic.

Drafting is hard, I get that. Sometimes you screw up. I think they screwed up.

fair enough but the point is we simply don't know if Ball is gonna pan out or not because the coaching staff is playing Moreno so much. As for Lacey, as I mentioned in another post even Starks looked good against that defense and the holes were huge. Granted, Lacey looks like he's gonna be good but I've also seen some flashes from Ball that is encouraging. IMHO, Ball needs more carries and that is difficult because Moreno is finally living up to the hype.

Agamemnon
11-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Anything that tarnishes your opinion would be "cute." Actually, it is just inconvenient for you that he is doing well.

Huh? My opinion is that, as usual, people on this board are ridiculously premature with how they judge rookies, both good and bad. Ball hasn't gotten to carry the load in a game once yet. Lacy has and has had some good games. What either turns out to be in the long run is still far from being seen. Bunch of ADD cases around here...

go_broncos
11-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Huh? My opinion is that, as usual, people on this board are ridiculously premature with how they judge rookies, both good and bad. Ball hasn't gotten to carry the load in a game once yet. Lacy has and has had some good games. What either turns out to be in the long run is still far from being seen. Bunch of ADD cases around here...

YOU SUCK..simple as that.never go against the front office..you are a type of person that doesn't say anything bad and it causes more harm than good.

I hope you are not like this in your real life and say as you see.

Requiem
11-05-2013, 01:07 PM

There is nothing wrong with people pointing out that Lacy has looked solid in his past few outings or mentioning that M-Ball has been pretty lackluster.

Agamemnon
11-05-2013, 01:18 PM
There is nothing wrong with people pointing out that Lacy has looked solid in his past few outings or mentioning that M-Ball has been pretty lackluster.

When people make snap judgments based on a few good games by one guy and a tiny sample size for the other, yeah there's something wrong. Ball may end up sucking. Lacy may end up in the Hall of Fame. But right now all I see is people jumping to conclusions and confirming their own biases. People shouldn't judge rookies so quickly. For good or bad. Let it play out.

And again, the Broncos passed on Lacy because of medical issues. They made that pretty clear. And the fact is that most of the other NFL teams felt the same way. That's why he fell. He was considered to have 1st round talent. But talent means nothing if you can't stay healthy. It should be interesting to see if he can prove all the medical staffs around the league wrong.

Agamemnon
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
fair enough but the point is we simply don't know if Ball is gonna pan out or not because the coaching staff is playing Moreno so much. As for Lacey, as I mentioned in another post even Starks looked good against that defense and the holes were huge. Granted, Lacey looks like he's gonna be good but I've also seen some flashes from Ball that is encouraging. IMHO, Ball needs more carries and that is difficult because Moreno is finally living up to the hype.

This exactly. Ball has looked fine so far aside from the early fumbling issues, but he's not gotten many carries and a large percentage of those he has gotten have been in sort yardage situations or when running the clock out. Not sure why people don't get that.

Prodigal19
11-05-2013, 01:26 PM
YOU SUCK..simple as that.never go against the front office..you are a type of person that doesn't say anything bad and it causes more harm than good.

I hope you are not like this in your real life and say as you see.

Your posts are oddly reminiscent of Incognitos dads'.

Requiem
11-05-2013, 01:29 PM
When people make snap judgments based on a few good games by one guy and a tiny sample size for the other, yeah there's something wrong. Ball may end up sucking. Lacy may end up in the Hall of Fame. But right now all I see is people jumping to conclusions and confirming their own biases. People shouldn't judge rookies so quickly. For good or bad. Let it play out.

And again, the Broncos passed on Lacy because of medical issues. They made that pretty clear. And the fact is that most of the other NFL teams felt the same way. That's why he fell. He was considered to have 1st round talent. But talent means nothing if you can't stay healthy. It should be interesting to see if he can prove all the medical staffs around the league wrong.

Lol. I look forward to not seeing you MMQB things as others are in the near future.

BMORE
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM

More like he wouldn't be a scheme fit at MLB.

BMORE
11-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Lacy has looked good most of the year and it getting better. He's def far and away the best back from the past draft.

Yeah Gio and Bell aren't slouches.

Bell who I really liked from the draft has looked fantastic. Pittsburgh is always playing from behind. And Gio looks electric when he touches the ball.

Lacy has run hard and has looked better than Ball. But as others pointed out, Chicago isn't stout vs the run, and Lacy struggled running this year at times, just as easy as he has run well.

Requiem
11-05-2013, 03:29 PM
More like he wouldn't be a scheme fit at MLB.

Which was equally as absurd. I stated FOREVER that he would be best at WILL, but could play MIKE. I have no doubts he could do what Woodyard and Trevathan are doing here. His play proves that.

BMORE
11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Which was equally as absurd. I stated FOREVER that he would be best at WILL, but could play MIKE. I have no doubts he could do what Woodyard and Trevathan are doing here. His play proves that.

Where would he fit? Who do you bench?

Agreed he could play Will, but WW was our starting Will prior to the draft.

Requiem
11-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Where would he fit? Who do you bench?

Agreed he could play Will, but WW was our starting Will prior to the draft.

Everything is based on circumstance. Trevathan moved to full-time WILL after WWIII got moved into MIKE.

I didn't envision the team having Danny as a full-time WILL this year. Which is why I advocated drafting Ogletree to give us flexibility with who we had. Whoever out of WWIII/Ogletree performed better, that is where you would place them.

I like Danny as a player, but I'd take Ogletree over him and a heartbeat. Long-term, I would probably take him over WWIII though, but he's my boi and I drafted that boi in OM Mock draft boi.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Thoughts as follows:

1. Eddie Lacy

Lacy is a special running back. As a forum, we had a lot of discussion on him leading up to the draft in a multitude of threads. Based on film study, I became convinced he was a better prospect than both Richardson and Ingram. I was very upset we took Ball over Lacy. The talent difference is massive. That said, we were told the medical (fused toe) was the reason he fell out of the 1st round, and the Broncos, in particular, passed on him in the 2nd. So, we have to see what happens over the length of this rookie contract. If the toe never proves to be a problem, a lot of front offices were wrong. I think most people expected Lacy to be the best RB from this draft in the short term.

2. Alec Ogletree

I liked him as an athletic SAM. He's been okay as a WILL. He's terrible in run defense at the point of attack, but excellent in coverage. St. Louis flips their LBs and plays nickel a ton, so he's basically in coverage a ton. He's part of the reason the Rams suck at run defense though. When he puts on 10-15 lbs of muscle, he's going to be elite.

3. Montee Ball

He's a better than average RB prospect, that was definitely a product of Wisconsin's system. He has stone hands, which probably won't change, but at some point he should be able to learn blitz pickup. Lacy is far superior in both areas. I think we should have drafted Lacy, we're in a short term minded Superbowl push anyway.

4. Judging Rookies

I don't think it's too early to make some judgments. Half the season is gone, and we've seen these guys in action. You can see their positives and negatives, which are mostly the same as they were on college tape. I mean, you look at Zac Stacy, and he's doing exactly what he did at Vanderbilt. Lacy is doing what he did at Alabama. Ogletree is doing what he did at Georgia. Ray Rice has clearly fallen off ala Shawn Alexander and Larry Johnson from massive usages dating back to Rutgers. I think that concern applies to Ball whom had massive usages at Wisconsin. Contrary to John Fox, I think it's a huge negative to have massive workloads in college, so I think Ball has a shorter shelf life than most RBs. At this point, I'm just hoping Ball isn't a stone handed version of Kevin Smith.

Requiem
11-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Good thoughts MUG, nice call on Lacy to the Packers. :)

ZONA
11-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I would say you have it totally backwards when it came to the Lacy pick. It's not long term people were concerned about. He'll eventually heal. It was the short term, not knowing if that problem toe would keep him off the field parts of this year. The Broncos went with the option they felt would give them the best talent but without risk of a current or lingering injury. And to be quite honest, you can't judge these guys in just 1/2 a season. Lacy is a starting RB getting all the carries. Ball had his chance early but made a few mistakes. Moreno has stepped it up big time and thus forcing Ball to 2nd string.

Sly_Eli
11-05-2013, 04:37 PM
I would say you have it totally backwards when it came to the Lacy pick. It's not long term people were concerned about. He'll eventually heal. It was the short term, not knowing if that problem toe would keep him off the field parts of this year. The Broncos went with the option they felt would give them the best talent but without risk of a current or lingering injury. And to be quite honest, you can't judge these guys in just 1/2 a season. Lacy is a starting RB getting all the carries. Ball had his chance early but made a few mistakes. Moreno has stepped it up big time and thus forcing Ball to 2nd string.

No, it is a long term issue with Lacy. The toe problem puts more stress on the rest of his leg/knee/hip and will progressively cause him more issues in the future. It was assumed that he would be fine at first but his health would deteriorate after a few years. Although most RB's don't do much after their first contract anyway, so I'm not sure why so many passed on him.

As far as Ball is concerned, he has definitely shown flashes, but the consistency isn't nearly there yet. He's a wreck pass blocking and receiving out of the backfield, which I think is a rookie thing. He hasn't looked terrible running the ball, but doesn't really know what to do if there's no hole and often goes down easier than he should. When the zone read play is set up well by the line he looks great, but that happens 1 out of every 5 runs. I'm sure we'll see more consistency as he gets more comfortable.

BMORE
11-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Everything is based on circumstance. Trevathan moved to full-time WILL after WWIII got moved into MIKE.

I didn't envision the team having Danny as a full-time WILL this year. Which is why I advocated drafting Ogletree to give us flexibility with who we had. Whoever out of WWIII/Ogletree performed better, that is where you would place them.

I like Danny as a player, but I'd take Ogletree over him and a heartbeat. Long-term, I would probably take him over WWIII though, but he's my boi and I drafted that boi in OM Mock draft boi.

I'm not knocking him nor when you picked him. Infact, I loved the idea of him playing Will in Cincy and said as much. Ogaltree wouldn't fit in a crowded situation that we entered in. WW at Will with Trevethan as his direct back up and the sub package NLB. All intentions were Irving to play Mike and we had Bradley as the back up plan. I don't think you can have enough coverage guys and he would have made a great asset to the team, but it's similar to our brass passing on David two years ago. And he's a stud.

BMORE
11-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Thoughts as follows:

1. Eddie Lacy

Lacy is a special running back. As a forum, we had a lot of discussion on him leading up to the draft in a multitude of threads. Based on film study, I became convinced he was a better prospect than both Richardson and Ingram. I was very upset we took Ball over Lacy. The talent difference is massive. That said, we were told the medical (fused toe) was the reason he fell out of the 1st round, and the Broncos, in particular, passed on him in the 2nd. So, we have to see what happens over the length of this rookie contract. If the toe never proves to be a problem, a lot of front offices were wrong. I think most people expected Lacy to be the best RB from this draft in the short term.

2. Alec Ogletree

I liked him as an athletic SAM. He's been okay as a WILL. He's terrible in run defense at the point of attack, but excellent in coverage. St. Louis flips their LBs and plays nickel a ton, so he's basically in coverage a ton. He's part of the reason the Rams suck at run defense though. When he puts on 10-15 lbs of muscle, he's going to be elite.

3. Montee Ball

He's a better than average RB prospect, that was definitely a product of Wisconsin's system. He has stone hands, which probably won't change, but at some point he should be able to learn blitz pickup. Lacy is far superior in both areas. I think we should have drafted Lacy, we're in a short term minded Superbowl push anyway.

4. Judging Rookies

I don't think it's too early to make some judgments. Half the season is gone, and we've seen these guys in action. You can see their positives and negatives, which are mostly the same as they were on college tape. I mean, you look at Zac Stacy, and he's doing exactly what he did at Vanderbilt. Lacy is doing what he did at Alabama. Ogletree is doing what he did at Georgia. Ray Rice has clearly fallen off ala Shawn Alexander and Larry Johnson from massive usages dating back to Rutgers. I think that concern applies to Ball whom had massive usages at Wisconsin. Contrary to John Fox, I think it's a huge negative to have massive workloads in college, so I think Ball has a shorter shelf life than most RBs. At this point, I'm just hoping Ball isn't a stone handed version of Kevin Smith.

Sometimes you were spot on, other times not so much. :)

BMORE
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Green Bay wanted Ball. There were several inside sources claiming they thought they could trade down and we'd take Lacy. They preferred Ball in their ZBS over Lacy. Montee may still prove to be the better player over time.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Sometimes you were spot on, other times not so much. :)

For sure. My biggest issue is with the smaller school guys, not enough exposure. I think collectively this forum did pretty well in evaluating the prospects especially pre-combine. I know there are some draft sites that do early work, but it always amazes me just how much the draftniks actually get right so early in the process. Really looking forward to seeing how we all do this time around.

BMORE
11-06-2013, 03:04 AM
For sure. My biggest issue is with the smaller school guys, not enough exposure. I think collectively this forum did pretty well in evaluating the prospects especially pre-combine. I know there are some draft sites that do early work, but it always amazes me just how much the draftniks actually get right so early in the process. Really looking forward to seeing how we all do this time around.

You leave my small school prospects alone!