PDA

View Full Version : Oh wow. Shooting at the Chiefs facility.

Pages : [1] 2

CHANGSTER
12-01-2012, 08:33 AM
A scary and confusing situation has arisen this morning at Arrowhead Stadium.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX, who is in Kansas City, a Chiefs player and another person have been found shot in the teamís facility. Glazer doesnít specify the condition of the victims.

Glazer isnít revealing the name of the player involved until the family is notified.

Weíll be providing more details as they become available. The situation is contained and there is no ongoing threat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/01/shooting-at-the-chiefs-facility/

This is pretty nuts. Awaiting more info.

cutthemdown
12-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I hop eits not Charles i need him in fantasy football tomorrow.

cmhargrove
Terrible.

Winning and losing games is one thing, but it shouldn't be life and death. Dark times for the Chiefs.

oubronco
BOB?

GreasyQtip
12-01-2012, 08:39 AM
UPDATE 10:36 a.m. ET: Per KCTV, one shooting occurred at the facility and a related shooting occurred elsewhere. A player reportedly shot and killed his girlfriend then drove to practice facility and shot himself there.

Dutch
12-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Word out of a KC local is that it was Inside line backer, Maine black bear Jovan Belcher. Looks like a murder/suicide. That sucks.

Rocket 7
12-01-2012, 08:43 AM
UPDATE 10:36 a.m. ET: Per KCTV, one shooting occurred at the facility and a related shooting occurred elsewhere. A player reportedly shot and killed his girlfriend then drove to practice facility and shot himself there.

The name I'm hearing is Jovan Belcher per Chiefsplanet.

cutthemdown
12-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Wow this really puts the finishing touches on just a horrible year for the Chiefs.

Rohirrim
12-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Damn! That is bizarre.

bpc
12-01-2012, 08:55 AM
That sucks.

Don Flamenco
12-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Horrible

Hulamau
12-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Really ashame ... a real tragedy for both family's and a final tail spin on this hell hole of a season for Chief's fans. Condolences for all of the above.

bronco militia
12-01-2012, 09:03 AM
What a mess...RIP

Cache Glades
12-01-2012, 09:03 AM
NFL just had a press conference and Javon Belcher has been suspended by Roger Goodell for 4 games. Conduct detrimental to the league...

yerner
12-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Not to be morbid, but I wonder if he pulled a Junior Seau so they could at least study his brain.

crush17
12-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Terrible, awful, sad.

My heart goes out to the victim's families and out to the Chiefs players and fans. Just a horrible situation.

eddie mac
12-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Man that really puts this game into perspective. Terrible news.

Rock Chalk
12-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Wikipedia updates to this guy's page are far from classy.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Not to be morbid, but I wonder if he pulled a Junior Seau so they could at least study his brain.

Wtf dude.

Bigdawg26
12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow that is so sad! My heart goes out to the player's family and the other chief players.

eddie mac
12-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Apparently he committed suicide in front of Chiefs coaches.

chawknz
The name I'm hearing is Jovan Belcher per Chiefsplanet.

Yes, that's who it was. Geesh. :(

Hulamau

Not even an issue here, Jovan was a young player and a current depth chart starter to boot. Feel its safe to say, even at this very early stage of what is known that concussions had little to nothing to do with this one.

Really sucks in any event, and that he did it on a Saturday before a game really puts their defense in a tough situation tomorrow. Emotions will be running very low, no doubt, and little time to even game plan a little around his backup Brandon Silar starting ... assuming the suicide really if Jovan Belcher as early speculation seems to indicate?

Sounds like maybe some lovers quarrel murder/suicide ....Alas, a tragically permanent solution to a very transitory problem.

eddie mac
12-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Wow that is so sad! My heart goes out to the player's family and the other chief players.

My heart goes out far more to the innocent woman he killed.

Cache Glades
12-01-2012, 09:17 AM

"Next man up"

- Romeo

Hulamau
12-01-2012, 09:17 AM
My heart goes out far more to the innocent woman he killed.

That's for sure, no matter what he supposed she did or didn't do right in his view, murder/suicide was not the answer at all!

Cache Glades
12-01-2012, 09:20 AM
What a mess...RIP

ugh. he killed a girl apparently

Steve Sewell
12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
"Next man up"

- Romeo

^^ Could someone please ban this clown?^^

Conklin
12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Left behind a 2 1/2 month old :-(

oubronco
12-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Pro Football Writers ‏@PFWAwriters

RT @ESPNRadio980: Word out of Kansas City is that Javon Belcher killed his girlfriend then committed suicide in front of head coach and GM.
Retweeted by Michele Tafoya
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ColoradoDarin
12-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Wow, that just sucks. Prayers for the families and the entire KC organization.

oubronco
12-01-2012, 09:25 AM
And it's business as usual

Joe Person ‏@josephperson

Panthers interim GM Brandon Beane says league has advised team to travel as planned. Team charter leaves at 1:15 pm.

Ambiguous
12-01-2012, 09:27 AM

+1

Archer81
12-01-2012, 09:28 AM
"Next man up"

- Romeo

Banned. Not appropriate in the least.

:Broncos:

oubronco
12-01-2012, 09:29 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml

Tombstone RJ
12-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Pro Football Writers ‏@PFWAwriters

RT @ESPNRadio980: Word out of Kansas City is that Javon Belcher killed his girlfriend then committed suicide in front of head coach and GM.
Retweeted by Michele Tafoya

no way! yikes, bad, bad, bad times for kc.

oubronco
12-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

Before I go, if the NFL forces the Chiefs to show up tomorrow, and I were the Chiefs. I'd simply take a knee and walk off the field.

Flex Gunmetal
12-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Good lord. The team is in disrepair, but this will do more damage to that organization than any gameday disaster. In front of Romeo Crennel and Pioli??Such a shame he had to take someone down with him, how selfish. RIP.

maher_tyler
12-01-2012, 09:34 AM
As much as I have loved the misery of the Chiefs this year, this is not funny in the least bit. Anyone making jokes of this need to be banned!

RIP and prayers go out to the Chiefs organization!

crowebomber
12-01-2012, 09:36 AM
As much as I have loved the misery of the Chiefs this year, this is not funny in the least bit. Anyone making jokes of this need to be banned!

RIP and prayers go out to the Chiefs organization!

This.

ColoradoDarin
12-01-2012, 09:37 AM
I really feel for them right now. Imagine going through both Darrent Williams murder and the McDaniels era in the same season.

GreasyQtip
Here is an article about him from 2 weeks ago before the Broncos game

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Belcher%E2%80%99s-Drive-to-Succeed-Helps-Team-and-Self/a9d2436c-836a-4f66-9bb2-c6c89bcf2d80

In the holiday spirit, Belcher gave thanks to those who helped make his dream of playing in the NFL come true. “First and foremost, God. Family and friends just keeping me focused, coaches and just everyone.”

cutthemdown

Like the team does ever Sunday but on Saturday this time.

Steve Sewell
12-01-2012, 09:41 AM

Looks like you may need a little vacation from the board as well.

crush17
12-01-2012, 09:42 AM

Amazing anyone thinks comments like this are appropriate.

Flex Gunmetal
12-01-2012, 09:42 AM

You are doing a great impersonation of yourself.

Goobzilla
12-01-2012, 09:44 AM
This is bad news. Far from my favorite organization, but no one deserves this. If he really did it right in front of Romeo and Pioli how do those guys even think of being involved in a game tomorrow? They need counseling and time to process this terrible act.

BroncoMan4ever
12-01-2012, 09:45 AM

I second this motion.

Archer81
12-01-2012, 09:45 AM

See you in a week.

Folks, comments like this wont be tolerated.

Kaylore
12-01-2012, 09:48 AM

That is so horrible.

Karenin
12-01-2012, 09:48 AM

God you're a ****ing clown.

Requiem
12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Can't even begin to put how sad this is into words. Just peace and prayers for all. So sad.

Bronc62
12-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Did Belcher (reserve LB) play at all last week against Broncos? I don't see his name in the stats.

Kaylore
12-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I really feel for them right now. Imagine going through both Darrent Williams murder and the McDaniels era in the same season.

Kenny McKinely took his own life during the McDaniels era. It wasn't during the season, but it was a tragic start to what would be a horrible year.

IA-Broncosfan53
12-01-2012, 09:54 AM
He did not start and recorded no tackles vs. Denver last week.

Terrible news. I hope their families can quickly find peace. RIP

IA-Broncosfan53
Can't believe some of the insensitivity not only on here but across the internet/social media.

OBF1
Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

Before I go, if the NFL forces the Chiefs to show up tomorrow, and I were the Chiefs. I'd simply take a knee and walk off the field.

Pretty much what they have been doing all along this season.

FearLanier
12-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Just said on the radio that Belcher had a gun and Pioli/Crennel were there, as well as Jamaal Charles.

Belcher never threatened any of the staff or personnel. In fact, he thanked both cops before he took his life.

Unbelievable and very sad.

gyldenlove
12-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Kenny McKinely took his own life during the McDaniels era. It wasn't during the season, but it was a tragic start to what would be a horrible year.

The obvious difference being that Kenny Mckinley was a troubled young man and not a murderer who took the life of a mother of an infant.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-01-2012, 10:05 AM
See you in a week.

I can't believe you even have to announce this. The immaturity in some comments are insane.

crush17
12-01-2012, 10:08 AM
There is no way any of these guys will be in any sort of condition to play/coach tomorrow.

Just no way. NFL should cancel this game.

BowlenBall
12-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Just said on the radio that Belcher had a gun and Pioli/Crennel were there, as well as Jamaal Charles.

Belcher never threatened any of the staff or personnel. In fact, he thanked both cops before he took his life.

Unbelievable and very sad.

I can't imagine how freaked out Pioli, Crennel, and Charles must be right now. How in the world can they be expected to coach/play a game tomorrow?

Feel horrible for his little girl, too. Hopefully, he saved enough money for her to be taken care of.

Broncos4Life
12-01-2012, 10:11 AM
There is no way any of these guys will be in any sort of condition to play/coach tomorrow.

Just no way. NFL should cancel this game.

This.

So sad. I mean if someone you knew blew themselves away in front of you, would you just go to work and try not to think about it tomorrow? And especially if it happened at work! They should just make this game up another time.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-01-2012, 10:12 AM
I hop eits not Charles i need him in fantasy football tomorrow.

Christ, you're a ****ing moron.

Peace to the families involved. This is so horribly sad, and astonishingly has nothing to do with football, fantasy or otherwise.

Tombstone RJ
12-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd hold the players and coaches in high esteem if they forfeited the game to the Panthers. What's the point of playing the game anyway? It would be incredibly tough if the team was competitive and perhaps in a playoff race or something, but this kc team is in shambles anyway.

Requiem
12-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Cut should get a lot more than a week vacation.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-01-2012, 10:14 AM
I can't believe you even have to announce this. The immaturity in some comments are insane.

This x100.

rugbythug
12-01-2012, 10:15 AM
This is awful!

BroncosMT
12-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Having a clinical background......there is no way that Romeo should be on the field tomorrow. What a tragic event and this will take a very long time to overcome. Since it happened at the facility my guess is it would be hard to even go there without triggering thoughts, feelings etc. I hope the NFL looks at this sensibly. What a horrible loss for the Chiefs.....you never want to see anyone have to come to that. Unfortunately people who have lost their sense of hope see that as the only way.

My heart and prayers go out to the families of both that were lost in the tragedy and to the baby of both.

spdirty
12-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Just can't imagine what that would be like, and hope I never will. No matter what we all think of them, it has to just be an unimaginable experience for Pioli, Charles, and Crennell. Terrible for an infant as well, gonna have to live with the fact that her dad did this to her and her mom.

Suicide is a terrible thing, but to do this, unreal.

Quoydogs
12-01-2012, 10:23 AM

See I have a hard time feeling bad for this guy. He made a choice to have a child, then kills the kids mom and off's himself. Sorry but that's just plain ignorant.

SportinOne
12-01-2012, 10:25 AM
This is bizarre and awful. The NFL is in a horrible spot now. There are only 16 games per year. Luckily for them, this one may be easy to cancel for two reasons:

1. The game is in KC. If it were in Carolina, their fans may cause more of a fuss over a missed game. KC's fans are in a way connected to the tragedy. I remember how i felt waking up and reading about Darrent Williams on the ESPN bottom line that morning. Like a huge punch to the gut.

2. Both teams are out of playoff contention. A cancelled game would have no implication on anything important, really, outside of fantasy stats.

With all the criticism that the NFL has taken lately, Goodell specifically, this is their big chance to do something that reflects well on them. It's a homerun, with no downside other than missed revenue and Charles' loss of fantasy points, which is hardly something to bend to. If they had the game, i doubt he would play anyway.

There is only one reason for them not to cancel this game, and that is money.

Do the right thing, Roger.

Broncoman13
12-01-2012, 10:25 AM
See you in a week.

I like Cutt... but agree completely with comments like this being not being tolerated. Thank you.

As for the Chiefs, there is no way the league can expect them to function tomorrow. Not sure what the answer is, but forcing them to play tomorrow is a poor choice. I'm not sure Romeo or Pioli will be okay in a week let alone a day. Feel bad for the Chiefs, nobody deserves to deal with this sort of issue.

SportinOne
12-01-2012, 10:26 AM
See I have a hard time feeling bad for this guy. He made a choice to have a child, then kills the kids mom and off's himself. Sorry but that's just plain ignorant.

I think the sentiment was directed towards the child, not the player.

chadta
12-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Wow, sorta puts the whole football thing into perspective eh. Thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

And I must add that I am totally embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as some of the totally classless a holes posting on here.

Tombstone RJ
12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't think the NFL should cancel the game, but I do think that kc should be incouraged by Goodell to forfeit the game. This would give kc a loss and carolina a win. This would solve a lot of issues that a cancelled game may cause. JMHO.

BowlenBall
12-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Better yet, declare it a scoreless tie -- as another poster said, they're both out of contention, so what does it really matter.

It seems needlessly cruel to make the Chiefs play tomorrow.

HorseHead
12-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Breaks your heart for the child..

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 10:40 AM
My heart breaks for that little girl. Not only growing up without a dad, but knowing that your dad killed your mom would be such a heavy burden to face as an adult.

Really think the Chiefs should forfeit tomorrow. Honestly, I think their fan base would probably prefer that they not play the game. I know if the Broncos were in a similar situation that's how I'd feel.

NorCalBronco7
12-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Horrible. My best goes out to the familes involved.

Fusionfrontman
Chilling article I just read on SI.com about it. In front of Pioli, Crennel, and others this guy took his life. Scary how one could feel so low he thinks he has no other choice. Just aweful. Thoughts and prayers going out to his family, his girlfriend's family, and all involved.

Cancel the game. This is a work related issue, therefore, cancel work tomorrow. Don't care if its the office or the NFL. You can't force people to go to work tomorrow.

Rocket 7
Lindaman said Belcher’s mother, who was visiting the couple and their 3-month-old daughter, witnessed the shooting and was being interviewed by police

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01/3943246/chiefs-player-kills-girlfriend.html#.ULo_ZM7vJZU.twitter#storylink=cpy #storylink=cpy

oubronco
12-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Wow

maher_tyler
12-01-2012, 10:51 AM
This is bizarre and awful. The NFL is in a horrible spot now. There are only 16 games per year. Luckily for them, this one may be easy to cancel for two reasons:

1. The game is in KC. If it were in Carolina, their fans may cause more of a fuss over a missed game. KC's fans are in a way connected to the tragedy. I remember how i felt waking up and reading about Darrent Williams on the ESPN bottom line that morning. Like a huge punch to the gut.

2. Both teams are out of playoff contention. A cancelled game would have no implication on anything important, really, outside of fantasy stats.

With all the criticism that the NFL has taken lately, Goodell specifically, this is their big chance to do something that reflects well on them. It's a homerun, with no downside other than missed revenue and Charles' loss of fantasy points, which is hardly something to bend to. If they had the game, i doubt he would play anyway.

There is only one reason for them not to cancel this game, and that is money.

Do the right thing, Roger.

How much you want to bet this game is played as scheduled tomorrow??

Goobzilla
12-01-2012, 10:54 AM
How much you want to bet this game is played as scheduled tomorrow??
Unfortunately, I think you're right further proving that Goodell is not human. People need time after s**t like this. If the Chiefs were to say we can't do it I wouldn't fault them at all.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 10:56 AM
What the heck is wrong with people. I can't imagine doing or seeing that. Especially with an infant you are now leaving parentless. I just looked at my 7 month old and 4 year old and the thought of what would happen to them if we were suddenly gone makes me get chills.

Why on earth did this guy feel e need to do all of these acts in front of people? I can't imagine the damage this guy did to the people he made witnesses. Guy makes me sick. But my heart goes out to his family and the families of all the victims including the the KC staff and police. Selfish people like this guy make me sick.

bpc
12-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Such a sad situation. Thoughts and prayers out to all involved.

Quoydogs
12-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I think the sentiment was directed towards the child, not the player.

I feel horrible for the kid.

rmsanger
12-01-2012, 11:06 AM
just saw the girl's FB page... Shame as she seemed so happy to be mother and the baby was cute as well!

I'll never understand some of the stuff people do to one another!

Paniero
12-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Wow, sorta puts the whole football thing into perspective eh. Thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

And I must add that I am totally embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as some of the totally classless a holes posting on here.

I feel like this at times on the KC board. Some people just don't get it.

Dexter
12-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Can't believe some of the insensitivity not only on here but across the internet/social media.

This. I'm not really sure how people think its okay to make a joke when an innocent young woman just got murdered and a 2 and a half year old lost both of her parents.

I really hope people stay classy on here.

My thoughts go out to the families involved and the Chiefs organization & fans.

It may be fun to poke fun at the Chiefs, but there should be no joking in regards to this sad situation.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I think what people need to understand is that most suicides are due to a bipolar condition and that condition is a biological event.

broncofever
12-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Truly a tragedy. Condolences to the family and prayers for that woman's family and the baby he left behind. And prayers and thoughts to the Chiefs and all those who witnessed the events. I can't even imagine the trauma and fallout from this. Peace to all.

elsid13
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Not even an issue here, Jovan was a young player and a current depth chart starter to boot. Feel its safe to say, even at this very early stage of what is known that concussions had little to nothing to do with this one.

Really sucks in any event, and that he did it on a Saturday before a game really puts their defense in a tough situation tomorrow. Emotions will be running very low, no doubt, and little time to even game plan a little around his backup Brandon Silar starting ... assuming the suicide really if Jovan Belcher as early speculation seems to indicate?

Sounds like maybe some lovers quarrel murder/suicide ....Alas, a tragically permanent solution to a very transitory problem.

Unfortunately as we are discovering with young soldiers and marines, age is not a factor. Repeated brain trauma can lead to some very bad things if not treated correctly or recognized early enough. This is sad story especial when you consider the innocent lives affected by this event.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I think what people need to understand is that most suicides are due to a bipolar condition and that condition is a biological event.

Suicide is. Murder suicide is something different. That's bringing an innocent victim into it.

delany
12-01-2012, 11:25 AM
This will not heal quickly for all the principles involved. So many lives touched by such a quick selfish act.

Paladin
12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Pretty much what they have been doing all along this season.

Take a hike. Grab a week off.

That One Guy
12-01-2012, 11:27 AM
--quoted post was unacceptable--

Holy...

delany
12-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Wow.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Dude.

This is out of hand.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-01-2012, 11:29 AM

An IP ban should just be a start to this ridiculous post

gunns
12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I just cannot imagine what must have been going on in his head to do that in front of his mother and then the coach and GM. My heart goes out to his mother and to Crennel and Pioli. Something that you won't or can't ever forget. So tragic.

That One Guy
12-01-2012, 11:31 AM

IP bans are slightly more effective than wagging a finger in his general direction.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Tragic. And weird. I can't imagine watching someone I care about shooting themselves in front of me. Though as far tomorrow's game, the show must go on

BowlenBall
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Hey mods... can we get the last few posts removed?

OOJack
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Do you understand how an IP ban is useless or do you just fake knowing how the internets works? Just saying...

However, I do agree that people just died and is not a time to be making fun of the situation. Condolences to the families...

Quoydogs
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM

WOW ! UMMM WOW Did you just really say that.

ColoradoDarin
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Champagne Powder already on my iggy... but it should enjoy a permaban.

Pick Six
12-01-2012, 11:38 AM

Mods, please quit giving this guy chances. He's been banned before, and WILL NOT learn...:flush:

Quoydogs
12-01-2012, 11:41 AM
The problem with them playing tomorrow is that they will not be in the right state of mind and that's when players get hurt or hurt other players. Neither of them have a hope for the playoffs cancel or concede the game.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Do you understand how an IP ban is useless or do you just fake knowing how the internets works? Just saying...

However, I do agree that people just died and is not a time to be making fun of the situation. Condolences to the families...

They banned mine at denverbroncos.com 2 years ago and I haven't been backed there since. So ya, it's more effective than just 1 week.

Popps
12-01-2012, 11:42 AM
So sad to read this. Prayers to the families and everyone involved.

To any Chiefs fans here... my condolences. We have dealt with tragedy here and know what you're going through. Thoughts are with you.

Pick Six
12-01-2012, 11:46 AM
The problem with them playing tomorrow is that they will not be in the right state of mind and that's when players get hurt or hurt other players. Neither of them have a hope for the playoffs cancel or concede the game.

Unfortunately, this is a money issue. It affects everybody from the advertisers, to people running the concessions, to the stadium security personnel. I'd be shocked, if that happened...

Bob's your Information Minister
12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
The franchise has hit rock bottom.

This is now the worst year ever for this team.

Broncoman13
12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Champagne Powder;3740915].
You may have some serious issues of your own if you think that was appropriate. Just stop, please.

colorado jones
12-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Shame on the posters who are making light if this.

You are now on KCStuds level.

Congrats.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM

The above post does not represent the Orange Mane or any Denver Broncos fans. This guy is a pathetic piece of trash who is an embarrassment to society and his family.

FearLanier
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Lee Hacksaw Hamilton ‏@hacksaw1090

"Chiefs captain Tamba Hali asked NFL to postpone game...NFL response "Play on"..do not understand this at all."

Unreal. Thanks GODell.

ak1971
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Lee Hacksaw Hamilton ‏@hacksaw1090

"Chiefs captain Tamba Hali asked NFL to postpone game...NFL response "Play on"..do not understand this at all."

Unreal. Thanks GODell.

You think your company would close if you offed yourself? I know mine wouldn't. Same thing.

Shananahan
12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
You guys realize that every time you quote this Champagne Powder idiot and throw your hands up in offended outrage and disgust you give him exactly what he's looking for, right?

Goobzilla
Stop quoting this turd. I realized my mistake and went back and deleted my post

DBroncos4life
I see this is bringing out the best in our posters.

gunns
12-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Quit responding to any of the inappropriate posts. We've got some attention ho's, quit feeding them

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
The dude was an attention-hungry coward. Murders his baby's momma and then turns the gun on himself in front of witnesses who will carry the memory to their graves. Be outraged at the clown who did it, not randos posting irreverent tosh on a football message board. Jeebus!

mwill07
12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
why has CP not been lifetime permabanned yet? Unreal.

Paladin
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
<TABLE id=post3740929 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 3740929"><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" class=thead>View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3740929) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_new.gif 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=13068)
Champagne Powder (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=13068) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because Champagne Powder is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This message is hidden because Champagne Powder is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Paniero
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm secretly a tranny

Neither the KC fans or your own board give you a second thought. Troll on.

crush17
12-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Seriously even if Champagne Powder is only "acting" like that on this board, the more you feed it, the worse it gets.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Some os the posts in this thread are just pathetically shameful...

Taco John
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
CP is banned...

broncofever
12-01-2012, 12:16 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jjNgn4r6SOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For what it's worth, Bridge over Troubled waters seems appropriate for this event.
Again condolences to all those effected by these events, family, friends, and to the people who witnessed both events may you find some peace because it is a helluva thing to see someone die or be murdered in front of you. That is nothing anyone should have to live with.

Quoydogs
12-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Ginger Hatchet is going to far if he lets this game go on. I think its time for a new commish if it happens.

Bronco Yoda
12-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Wow. What horrible news. Just saw it on NFL network.

Hulamau
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
This is bad news. Far from my favorite organization, but no one deserves this. If he really did it right in front of Romeo and Pioli how do those guys even think of being involved in a game tomorrow? They need counseling and time to process this terrible act.

Agreed here, Really feel for both Romeo who by all accounts is a great guy and well liked by most everyone in the locker room.

Hard to imagine how Romeo and Scott could be anything other than blown away in shock and dismay after he thanked Romeo and Pioli for all they have done for him and helped him with and then he still pulls the trigger right in front of them!

Even just the idea of them playing a game tomorrow is hard to fathom! A very sad story all around.

Goobzilla
12-01-2012, 12:23 PM
CP is banned...

Thanks Boss

DenverBound
12-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow... If this game gets played then the Ginger really is a heartless turd of a human being. Prayers up to all involved. Ecspecially belchers mom. I can't imagine what it must have been like to watch your son do something like this. Romeo and Pioli are going to be scarred for a long time. A long time.

bowtown
12-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I actually think they should play. I don't think that the horrible actions of one person should get to drive to a halt the economic engine that is a single football game. There are a lot of people relying on the income of that game. I think they should play it.

broncocalijohn
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Without reading all the comments, I wonder if Chiefs Planet are making fun of this shooting like they do for other team's tragedies. 2nd, Remember that this ahole murdered someone before taking his own life. When someone takes their own life like we have seen from our own franchise on suicide and how different posters view it. This guy isn't Seau. He is a murderer first. Regardless of his issues, he killed someone and then traumatized his coach and GM.

BTW, I had them winning tomorrow (I know crazy, huh?). Unless they get a good coach to take over for the game for their head coach, the emotions might be too much for the coaches and players.

broncocalijohn
12-01-2012, 12:33 PM
<TABLE id=post3740929 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 3740929"><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" class=thead>View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3740929) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_new.gif 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=13068)
Champagne Powder (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=13068) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because Champagne Powder is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This message is hidden because Champagne Powder is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

He has been banned so many times. He has been a permanent fixture on my Ignore list. And to think some people call others Pussies for using that great feature.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I actually think they should play. I don't think that the horrible actions of one person should get to drive to a halt the economic engine that is a single football game. There are a lot of people relying on the income of that game. I think they should play it.

+1

The Chiefs might be able to go out there and gut it out if they look at it as playing for the community. Times are tough for people: security guards, concessions, parking, restaurants, etc. would all lose out if they don't play, not just the NFL.

Bronco Yoda
12-01-2012, 12:35 PM
No way should they play their game tomorrow. Romeo, Pioli, Charles and others are going to need some help. Condolences to the Chiefs nation and families involved. It can't get much worse than this.

extralife
12-01-2012, 12:36 PM

because what would we ever do if our economic engine is halted. moneymoneymoneygodblessamerica

broncocalijohn
12-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Good lord. The team is in disrepair, but this will do more damage to that organization than any gameday disaster. In front of Romeo Crennel and Pioli??Such a shame he had to take someone down with him, how selfish. RIP.

I dont go to that cesspool site known as Chiefsplanet but I am sure some of their sickos are pissed that he didn't take out their GM and coach before shooting himself. Bank on it.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
because what would we ever do if our economic engine is halted. moneymoneymoneygodblessamerica

You're right, dude. People can just tell the landlord that it's the murderer's fault.

XXXII&III
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Forcing the Chiefs to play a day after such a horrible, traumatic event in their own facility is worse than heartless. They're professionals, but they're human beings first.

So, so sad. Having lived in Denver for a long time, I know from Columbine and the Aurora theater shootings, as well as our own Broncos deaths, that something like this affects not only those personally involved but the entire community as well.

My heart and condolences go out to the families, the Chief's organization, and all of KC. It's going to take a long time to heal.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 12:39 PM

This kind of tragedy > economics. Sorry.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 12:41 PM
You're right, dude. People can just tell the landlord that it's the murderer's fault.

People will survive the cancellation of one game. Come on now.

Victor
A very sad day for everyone involved. It will be a somber day at Arrowhead tomorrow for sure. My prayers go out to all.

bowtown

Great comment. Welcome to reality. What's your point?

BroncoFox
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
He may have been in a bad situation, but I have no sympathy for him. RIP? I hope not.. I hope he roasts in hell. His GF, dead. A young child left parentless. He almost certainly left a permanent psychological mark on the two coaches he decided to do this in front of as well. Selfish, and killed another.. the guy is evil.

Why do people want him to RIP?

I hope his gf does, and I feel awful for the child.

lonestar
12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
He has been banned so many times. He has been a permanent fixture on my Ignore list. And to think some people call others Pussies for using that great feature.

I rarely even look at his posts.

I personally have a bunch of numb nuts on IGGY. Which I find way more ignorant than this troll.

It eliminates reps from them positive or negative and PM 's..

I have no reason to waste my time reading their trolish posts. Nor do I waste any time or bandwidth for their cartoons or one liners.

I highly recommend the function..

FrankieTwoThumbs
This kind of tragedy > economics. Sorry.

Putting food on the table for your family > just about everything else. Unless you think the security guards were working a second job to pay for a new yacht.

bowtown
People will survive the cancellation of one game. Come on now.

They'll survive but it will hurt some of them. Why do the actions of one crazy guy get to dictate that if they don't have to?

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
They'll survive but it will hurt some of them. Why do the actions of one crazy guy get to dictate that if they don't have to?

Think for a moment. If a coworker at your job blew his brains out in front of you, would it be at all reasonable to expect you to come to work the next day?

HAT
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Cancelling the game would never fly. Never mind the local economics and breach of contract issues with advertisers.....

I'm sure there are several chiefs or panthers with incentive based contracts. You can't produce in 15 games what you can in 16.

Also....totally unfair to J-Ville as it would affect draft order of the top 3 spots.

Heyneck
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Wow... If this game gets played then the Ginger really is a heartless turd of a human being. Prayers up to all involved. Ecspecially belchers mom. I can't imagine what it must have been like to watch your son do something like this. Romeo and Pioli are going to be scarred for a long time. A long time.

Gingers have no soul!

Broncomutt
12-01-2012, 12:50 PM
He may have been in a bad situation, but I have no sympathy for him. RIP? I hope not.. I hope he roasts in hell. His GF, dead. A young child left parentless. He almost certainly left a permanent psychological mark on the two coaches he decided to do this in front of as well. Selfish, and killed another.. the guy is evil.

Why do people want him to RIP?

I hope his gf does, and I feel awful for the child.

Gotta agree with this. People feeling bad for a murderer.

bowtown
12-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Think for a moment. If a coworker at your job blew his brains out in front of you, would it be at all reasonable to expect you to come to work the next day?

Think for a minute about what a tremendous false equivalency this is.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-01-2012, 12:53 PM
I know when people die, I like to be around others feeling the same thing. I don't see why playing would be the most awful thing. If I'm crennel and pioli, I may not want to, but these guys should be together

HILife
12-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Damn, that's terrible.

SonOfLe-loLang

If I were crennel I probably wouldn't go, but using the analogy, should the entire company shut down?

Agamemnon
Putting food on the table for your family > just about everything else. Unless you think the security guards were working a second job to pay for a new yacht.

If this is such a huge issue, the NFL can cover it out of their own pockets. It wouldn't even scratch the billions of dollars of annual revenue the league rakes in. Forcing these guys to play the day after this tragedy would be unforgivable.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 12:56 PM
I know when people die, I like to be around others feeling the same thing. I don't see why playing would be the most awful thing. If I'm crennel and pioli, I may not want to, but these guys should be together

Yeah. Grief is weard

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 12:57 PM
If I were crennel I probably wouldn't go, but using the analogy, should the entire company shut down?

Romeo strikes me as a kind of guy who can handle something like this. He seems to just amble his way through turmoil

HAT
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM
If this is such a huge issue, the NFL can cover it out of their own pockets. It wouldn't even scratch the billions of dollars of annual revenue the league rakes in. Forcing these guys to play the day after this tragedy would be unforgivable.

And when the networks, advertisers and players with performance clauses come suing for breach of contract....Then what?

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Think for a minute about what a tremendous false equivalency this is.

Tremendous "false equivalency"? How so?

Quoydogs
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM

I think your missing the point. It's not about the shooter. I could careless about him.. He left that poor kid parent less and ruined the lives of many others. I think most people are thinking of the coaches that saw this and the players that knew him.. There comes a time when compassion out ways money. Just my 2 cents

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Romeo strikes me as a kind of guy who can handle something like this. He seems to just amble his way through turmoil

One of his players just blew their brains out in front of him. You have no clue how the guy is going to handle that. Come on now.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I think your missing the point. It's not about the shooter. I could careless about him.. He left that poor kid parent less and ruined the lives of many others. I think most people are thinking of the coaches that saw this and the players that knew him.. There comes a time when compassion out ways money. Just my 2 cents

Hardline capitalists don't seem to get that unfortunately...

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:06 PM
And when the networks, advertisers and players with performance clauses come suing for breach of contract....Then what?

The networks and advertisers would still get what they paid for as other games would be broadcasted instead of the Chiefs game. And the players union isn't going to say anything even if a few individual players are unhappy. Seriously, you're just pulling this crap out of your ass. No one is going to sue the NFL over canceling this game. The PR backlash that would result from such an action just makes it a non-issue.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 01:08 PM
One of his players just blew their brains out in front of him. You have no clue how the guy is going to handle that. Come on now.

Yes, but we all grieve in different ways. Maybe game day with the men who know him and his relationship with said player best will help him through it. I would say the choice is really up to him, and I don't think the league would force him to show up tomorrow if he felt he couldn't handle it.

That said, I'm pretty sure there are thousands of other peripherally-effected, poorer people who could use game day. I dunno the right answer.

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Really don't see the purpose of forcing two terrible teams to play a game immediately after this type of tragedy. Again, we're not talking the AFC championship here. Realistically, how many people are going to be at Arrowhead for this game? 45K? There's a certain amount of humanity in the workplace that should trump short term profit. I can't think of any profession that wouldn't allow for the grieving process.

extralife
12-01-2012, 01:13 PM

the NFL has billions of dollars. somehow I think they can find a way to cover a day's work for stadium employees

Hulamau
12-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Here is a thanksgiving picture from Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend and baby daughter .. what a senseless loss!31846

Quoydogs
I consider myself to be a pretty heartless person. When I first started working in mechanics I witnessed a guy buffing a tire and the tire blew up and pretty much showered his brains all over the shop and everyone of us in it. I couldn't go to work for a few day after because I would literately get sick to my stomach. 20+ years later I can still get fiscally sick if I think about it too much. So to say Romeo is strong enough to just suck it up is false . I've been there, as strong as I am it folded me and still does to this day. When you know someone personally and something like that happens to them right in front of you it's a life changing ordeal. I don't care how strong you are.

HAT
SOS is used for playoff tiebreakers also....Granted it's 5th or 6th on the list but as long as it's possible to come into the play....The league simply can't open itself up to that kind of liability.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Really don't see the purpose of forcing two terrible teams to play a game immediately after this type of tragedy. Again, we're not talking the AFC championship here. Realistically, how many people are going to be at Arrowhead for this game? 45K? There's a certain amount of humanity in the workplace that should trump short term profit. I can't think of any profession that wouldn't allow for the grieving process.

I see what you're saying, but grief is a very private thing, and I know in my experience that the world normally operating independently of my grief has snapped me out of it. The world would stop spinning if we grieved every calamity that happened. A murderous suicide happened to be a football player, and that's the only reason we're having this convo right meow. These types of things occur every day.

Again, I dunno what should be done, I'm but a lowly Maner, but it seems equally senseless for this ruffian to have any outsized, negative effect on people's lives, especially since that's probably what he most wanted anyway.

Add in all the logistical nightmares, and I don't think it heartless of the commish to at least keep the ball in motion for tomorrow.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Here is a thanksgiving picture from Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend and baby daughter .. what a senseless loss!31846

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckk that guy

frerottenextelway
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
They should play the game, but if any Chief player or coach wants to sit out, they should be able to without penalty or loss of pay. Everybody handles this sh_t differently.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
SOS is used for playoff tiebreakers also....Granted it's 5th or 6th on the list but as long as it's possible to come into the play....The league simply can't open itself up to that kind of liability.

If that's such an issue they can schedule a makeup game at the end of the season.

Pick Six
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
The Kansas City mayor thinks the game should be played...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103413/article/kansas-city-chiefs-player-fatally-shoots-himself-police-say?campaign=Facebook_news

Kansas City Mayor Sly James told The Associated Press he spoke to Pioli after the incident. He refused to discuss the general manager's emotional state, but the mayor said Pioli was "extremely concerned that fans of this team are not disappointed and not left in the cold."

"I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game," James said.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:29 PM
They should play the game, but if any Chief player or coach wants to sit out, they should be able to without penalty or loss of pay. Everybody handles this sh_t differently.

That's a terrible idea. Football players are all about machismo. They will all feel unspoken pressure to "man up" and play no matter how they are actually feeling.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I consider myself to be a pretty heartless person. When I first started working in mechanics I witnessed a guy buffing a tire and the tire blew up and pretty much showered his brains all over the shop and everyone of us in it. I couldn't go to work for a few day after because I would literately get sick to my stomach. 20+ years later I can still get fiscally sick if I think about it too much. So to say Romeo is strong enough to just suck it up it false . I've been there, as strong as I am it folded me and still does to this day. When you know someone personally and something like that happens to them it a life changing ordeal. I don't care how strong you are.

I agree, I didn't actually witness someone die next to me. But I have been on scene for a few fatal airplane crashes. Every detail of the scene is as vivid today as when it happened. All it taes is having something trigger the memory. It didn't impact me psychologically in that it folds me because there was no relationship personally for me. However, the fact that I recall it so clearly still makes me think it has to be so much more worse when it is someone you know and spend countless hours around day in and day out.

The fact that they were talking to him and trying to calm him down and weren't able to do anything, must be that much harder. I can totally understand why people would not want the game played.

I can also understand the NFL's position. There isn't any procedure that exists that would give the right solution. That said, if the game were to go on and Romeo Crennel, Scott Pioli, or any other player said I can't go. I wouldn't blame them.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk that guy

The guy was obviously mentally ill. Take it easy.

FearLanier
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
They showed footage of Romeo Crennel walking through the training facility after the accident. He looks completely dejected and shocked. It's as if he lost his own son.

Belcher was said to be close with Romeo too.

KipCorrington25
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
The Saints only played 15 games when Katrina hit right? So it's possible to cancel a game as might be best in this situation. Not for me to decide either way.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 01:32 PM
When you know someone personally and something like that happens to them right in front of you it's a life changing ordeal. I don't care how strong you are.

Agreed, but people handle that ordeal in every way under the sun

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 01:32 PM
The guy was obviously mentally ill. Take it easy.

Yeah, I mean seriously, the news reports can lead one to say he was "obviously" mentally ill. Even those news reports that say there was never any signs.

Yeah something has to go terribly wrong mentally to do that. But it is foolish to say it was obvious.

So yeah, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that guy.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 01:34 PM
The Saints only played 15 games when Katrina hit right? So it's possible to cancel a game as might be best in this situation. Not for me to decide either way.

Wrong, they played all 16. They just lost a "home" game when they traveled to New York to play the Giants, a game originally scheduled to be in New Orleans. Technically they lost all their home games, as they played in San Antonio that season.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I mean seriously, the news reports can lead one to say he was "obviously" mentally ill. Even those news reports that say there was never any signs.

Yeah something has to go terribly wrong mentally to do that. But it is foolish to say it was obvious.

So yeah, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun that guy.

It's obvious because it's the only explanation for why the guy did what he did. A mentally healthy person doesn't murder his girlfriend and then go and kill himself in front of his bosses. Come on now.

Quoydogs
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
The Kansas City mayor thinks the game should be played...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103413/article/kansas-city-chiefs-player-fatally-shoots-himself-police-say?campaign=Facebook_news

Kansas City Mayor Sly James told The Associated Press he spoke to Pioli after the incident. He refused to discuss the general manager's emotional state, but the mayor said Pioli was "extremely concerned that fans of this team are not disappointed and not left in the cold."

"I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game," James said.
Imagine that, a politician not wanting to lose revenue. WOW this surprises me.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 01:37 PM
It's obvious because it's the only explanation for why the guy did what he did. A mentally healthy person doesn't murder his girlfriend and then go and kill himself in front of his bosses. Come on now.

People snap, doesn't mean they were mentally ill before, or showed signs. Doesn't change the fact that what they did was selfish and pathetic.

sinuous sausage
12-01-2012, 01:37 PM
That's a terrible idea. Football players are all about machismo. They will all feel unspoken pressure to "man up" and play no matter how they are actually feeling.

They're grown men capable of rational decisions, and are probably the best authority on their own feelings. Maybe some wanna play to take their minds off the bad situation.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:45 PM
People snap, doesn't mean they were mentally ill before, or showed signs. Doesn't change the fact that what they did was selfish and pathetic.

When a person "snaps" that means they have become mentally ill. You get that right? And really, unless you have some direct experience with mental illness you have no idea what you are talking about.

For instance, the guy could have been a schizophrenic. Many schizophrenics have their first break with reality in their early to mid twenties. I'm not saying that's what happened mind you, I'm saying that judging the guys actions as selfish and pathetic without knowing anything about the situation is just dumb.

Kaylore
12-01-2012, 01:45 PM
There are some real assholes in this thread who should never be allowed back.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:46 PM
They're grown men capable of rational decisions, and are probably the best authority on their own feelings. Maybe some wanna play to take their minds off the bad situation.

Most people aren't very good at making rational decisions in times of trauma, grown men or otherwise.

HAT
12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
For those advocating cancelling game, I'm curious....What would your stance have been if this happened last Saturday?

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
When a person "snaps" that means they have become mentally ill. You get that right? And really, unless you have some direct experience with mental illness you have no idea what you are talking about.

For instance, the guy could have been a schizophrenic. Many schizophrenics have their first break with reality in their early to mid twenties. I'm not saying that's what happened mind you, I'm saying that judging the guys actions as selfish and pathetic without knowing anything about the situation is just dumb.

You have no idea what you are talking about either. That is what I am trying to say. I agree that something happened mentally. I disagree it was obvious.

His actions were selfish and pathetic, its dumb to even insinuate otherwise.

broncosteven
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Wow I just saw this. Very sad for his Girl friends family and Belcher's family. You want to take your own life that is one thing but to kill a 22 mother is beyond reproach.

I feel the most for the child who will grow up without a parent.

Senseless. Totally senseless.

Agamemnon
12-01-2012, 01:51 PM
For those advocating cancelling game, I'm curious....What would your stance have been if this happened last Saturday?

The same. As Bronco fan, I would've hoped they would schedule a makeup game somehow, but this is just a game. It's not nearly as important as people seem to think.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 01:54 PM
The same. As Bronco fan, I would've hoped they would schedule a makeup game somehow, but this is just a game. It's not nearly as important as people seem to think.

I agree on this. People are more important than a job, entertainment, or money. They need to take care of each other. If that means cancelling or forfeiting I would understand. That also goes for if it was any other team that this happened too, regardless of position and standing.

BroncsCheer
12-01-2012, 01:57 PM
The depths of this tragedy are exceeded only by the douchebaggery of a handful of posters.

Way to show true colors - leaving no doubt.

RedskinBronco
12-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow I just saw this. Very sad for his Girl friends family and Belcher's family. You want to take your own life that is one thing but to kill a 22 mother is beyond reproach.

I feel the most for the child who will grow up without a parent.

Senseless. Totally senseless.

My thoughts exactly.

broncosteven
12-01-2012, 02:20 PM

It would impact the draft more than anything.

The only time I saw games not being played were natural disasters and after September 11'th. We were to go to the Denver vs Colts game and had to reschedule the whole trip until later in the year.

It is more important for Carolina and the teams that would impact Carolina's draft order more than for kc.

There will be guys that want to play and guys that don't I think the best thing would be a makeup game on Wildcard week and just play it for draft status. They wouldn't have to televise it outside of the 2 markets or show it on the current network as an early game on Saturdays when they usually don't start until 2pm Central.

Fusionfrontman
12-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I like the idea of making it up Wildcard weekend.

XXXII&III
12-01-2012, 02:34 PM
According to the KC media, after a meeting between league officials, the coaching staff and the team captains, they decided to go ahead and play tomorrow.

If that's their choice, I fully support it. It's up to them to know what they can handle and what they can't.

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Hopefully, the team captains were able to take a team vote. If they did and the majority wanted to play, that's good. As long as it's not being dictated by the Gingernozzle.

WakeUpCall
12-01-2012, 02:43 PM
It's been a hard day here in KC. Needless to say, there's not any concern about football right now, just disbelief and a lack of understanding about what could drive any person to do such a horrible thing. Lots of praying and concern around here.

I can't imagine how long it'll take for things to get anything close to normal again.

And I'm glad to see the people behind a rivalry like ours pull together at a time like this and focus on what's most important.

And thanks to the Mods for giving that clown a week off. Good call... The rest of you folks are awesome.. We'll go back to jawing some time in the future...

Kaylore
12-01-2012, 02:45 PM
According to the KC media, after a meeting between league officials, the coaching staff and the team captains, they decided to go ahead and play tomorrow.

If that's their choice, I fully support it. It's up to them to know what they can handle and what they can't.

I think that's the right choice and the right way to handle it.

Momentum
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
RIP to all involved

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 02:51 PM
It's been a hard day here in KC. Needless to say, there's not any concern about football right now, just disbelief and a lack of understanding about what could drive any person to do such a horrible thing. Lots of praying and concern around here.

I can't imagine how long it'll take for things to get anything close to normal again.

And I'm glad to see the people behind a rivalry like ours pull together at a time like this and focus on what's most important.

And thanks to the Mods for giving that clown a week off. Good call... The rest of you folks are awesome.. We'll go back to jawing some time in the future...
It sucks when things like this happen. It highlights the realities that we all get pretty obsessive over a game. What makes it so difficult, is it's not like you can cast the guy like a fallen hero (start the game with 10 on defense) or something like that. The guy was a murderer. Honestly, I'm not sure how you'd handle something like this. Not exactly in the PR handbook, or even in the Life handbook, if there is such a thing.

I hate the Chiefs franchise from a rooting standpoint, but I'd never wish this on anybody or any franchise. Reports are saying that Pioli is really torn up about this. Regardless of what Chief fans think about the job he's done, hopefully, people will root for the team to win this game and let the chips fall where they may.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-01-2012, 02:52 PM

You are a phony. Your avatar says "die in a fire a-holes". Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Hulamau
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM

Yep Aga, you would think that should go without saying!

Bigdawg26
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM

Yeah from looking at the picture it seemed like a beautiful family. No matter how much I don't like the chiefs football team, I would never wish anything that like this on anybody. Because let's be real, football is only a game. After they take off their jerseys, these are people with emotions, lives, and families. My heart really does go out to them. And I wish them luck with the game, but I don't know how they can play after what just happened.

Bigdawg26
12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
What a disgusting post...

You shouldn't entertain Internet cowards who hide behind their keyboards. I know he wouldn't say anything like that to their faces.

WakeUpCall
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
It sucks when things like this happen. It highlights the realities that we all get pretty obsessive over a game. What makes it so difficult, is it's not like you can cast the guy like a fallen hero (start the game with 10 on defense) or something like that. The guy was a murderer. Honestly, I'm not sure how you'd handle something like this. Not exactly in the PR handbook, or even in the Life handbook, if there is such a thing.

I hate the Chiefs franchise from a rooting standpoint, but I'd never wish this on anybody or any franchise. Reports are saying that Pioli is really torn up about this. Regardless of what Chief fans think about the job he's done, hopefully, people will root for the team to win this game and let the chips fall where they may.

At this point, with regard to JB, we're all questioning why, but not much past that. Our hearts are broken for the baby who's left behind, the mother who was in the house at the time and the people who had to see it (and we've been VERY critical of them before this). As for JB, we're mostly mad. Whatever we are in KC, we're not OK with a coward, and what he did is cowardly at best. He's very selfish, and he had many other choices.. So not much sympathy for JB, but plenty for the others around him.

And you're right, these are the tings that highlight how much we put on a game. I wish there were other ways to allow us to reflect on life outside of church and regular prayer.

I coach football, baseball and wrestling, and I see, especially in wrestling, a pressure put on young people that's almost unbearable for them. And I always ask the parents (who apply much of the pressure) and the kids to reflect on what's more important than "this" (whatever sport it is). I wonder if JB had enough of those talks? Perspective is everything! I recall having one of my wrestlers lose at State as he broke his arm, and him just saying he wanted to die. It was a "WOW" moment for me. He was good, very well could have won that match and been on the top of the podium, but it didn't happen.

So I'll ask all of us to reflect on what's most important, and it's not our rivalry. Think of family, the men and women serving, and those caring for those who serve...

Hulamau
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
The thing is, this game has zero consequences for anybody's potential playoff picture as far as I can tell. If there is ever a game to cancel that no one will really miss, this one ought to fit that bill as far as I can tell?

It seems clear the Chiefs are gonna get the number 1 draft pick regardless of the outcome of this game tomorrow.

JLesSPE
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
You shouldn't entertain Internet cowards who hide behind their keyboards. I know he wouldn't say anything like that to their faces.

That's bad enough it should be reported to authorities.

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
The thing is, this game has zero consequences for anybody's potential playoff picture as far as I can tell. If there is ever a game to cancel that no one will really miss, this one ought to fit that bill as far as I can tell?

It seems clear the Chiefs are gonna get the number 1 draft pick regardless of the outcome of this game tomorrow.

I agree, but with Carolina, they could pick anywhere from top 5 to number 11 or 12 depending on tiebreakers and what not. Winning or losing is a big deal for them and their fans.

Hulamau
12-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Just saw the vid of them hauling Javon Belchers $230,000 Bentley away from Arrowhead this afternoon.. I hope to heavens this selfish dude had the wherewithall and decency to at least have a proper will drawn up in case he kicked the bucket where his young daughter will get the proceeds from that classy ride and anyother assets he might have accumulated?!

Though for an undrafted FA to be buying a Bentley after only 4 years in the league might imply he was running though his cash at a very fast pace?? Maybe he was just leasing it ... still that's a big chunk of change and not the smartest move by an UDFA this early still in his career.

bowtown
12-01-2012, 03:20 PM

This

Meck77
12-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Murder suicide in Casper Wy on FRIDAY. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/dec/01/police-murder-suicide-happened-during-class/

I think it's important to note that this type of thing happens in our society daily. We only seem to show compassion/anger when it's so public. It's easy to say this is someone else's problem. The thing is it can happen to anyone.

Victor
12-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Murder suicide in Casper Wy. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/dec/01/police-murder-suicide-happened-during-class/

I think it's important to note that this type of thing happens in our society daily. We only seem to show compassion/anger when it's so public. This is a problem.

Who is this "we" you speak of. Maybe you should speak for yourself, cause you're not speaking for me.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Just saw the vid of them hauling Javon Belchers $230,000 Bentley away from Arrowhead this afternoon.. I hope to heavens this selfish dude had the wherewithall and decency to at least have a proper will drawn up in case he kicked the bucket where his young daughter will get the proceeds from that classy ride and anyother assets he might have accumulated?!

Though for an undrafted FA to be buying a Bentley after only 4 years in the league might imply he was running though his cash at a very fast pace?? Maybe he was just leasing it ... still that's a big chunk of change and not the smartest move by an UDFA this early still in his career.

He signed a 1 year contract worth $1.97 million to play in 2012. So his first three years were at league minimum, which is much more than what he made at what I assume was the league minimum, which increases year after year and would have paid him around $500,000 in his third year.

His house was very modest compared to his choice in vehicle. I would hope that he had some money for his daughter....... I would hope. Luckily he qualified for NFL pension after playing the third game this season, in his fourth year. From what I understand you have to play, be inactive on the roster, or on PUP to for a minimum of three games to count for a season and you have to be in league 4 years to qualify.

So I would imagine she would get his pension benefits too.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-01-2012, 03:51 PM
wtf are people losing their sanity now.
i hope yalls dont go defending this pos who murdered his gf like the wwf fans defended Chris Benoit when he went nuts and killed his whole family.
killing your self is tragic enough murdering innocent people is another.
im sorry for the woman who was murdered by that pos and the baby who is left with out parents

Meck77
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Who is this "we" you speak of. Maybe you should speak for yourself, cause you're not speaking for me.

Thanks for making my point. I doubt you even bothered to click on the link of the teacher that was killed in WY. Not even a mention......

Anyway dude relax. I'm sure you are the kinda guy that rescues kittens out of trees. It was a general comment about society not specifically you.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for making my point. I doubt you even bothered to click on the link of the teacher that was killed in WY. Not even a mention......

Anyway dude relax. I'm sure you are the kinda guy that rescues kittens out of trees. It was a general comment about society not specifically you.

its tragic when anyone is murdered famous or not

broncocalijohn
12-01-2012, 04:19 PM

So with no bye weeks anymore, how would you feel as a Broncos fan that you would have to play on a Wed. and then Sunday just to fix this mess? They have to play. Either KC forfeits or the games must go on. It is one game but can screw up the whole league. Only way is if this two bottom feeders don't mind playing two games in 4 days. Hell, they aren't going anywhere for the playoffs.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
That got plenty of news coverage in Denver and was just as sad. But the reason we are talking about the Kansas City one is because this is a football forum and this event occurred in the subject that serves as the basis of this community, and it happened to one of this communities biggest rivals and most familiar opponent. This forum has no affiliation to Casper Wyoming, save for maybe the few residents who live near there, and Spider.

So to ask why this NFL event is getting discussed, while the just as tragic Casper event isn't doesn't surprise me at all. I guess I fail to see why its even considered wrong.

Now as a whole, why this story in "general" is getting so much coverage on the news channels, when events like this happen daily, I completely agree with you.

Bacchus
12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Wow, a lot of people got banned today. I am so glad I have not logged on until now or I'd probably be on vacation as well.

st.bernard
12-01-2012, 04:53 PM
It's one thing to kill yourself, it's quite another to take a life. Just an awful thing to happen to KC.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Wow, a lot of people got banned today. I am so glad I have not logged on until now or I'd probably be on vacation as well.

Well its really not hard. Just be classy and don't revel in others horrific misfortune. Some things are to be laughed at, events like this not so much.

I was surprised to see so many actually making jokes, except for Champagne Powder, he is just a bottom feeder.

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Well its really not hard. Just be classy and don't revel in others horrific misfortune. Some things are to be laughed at, events like this not so much.

I was surprised to see so many actually making jokes, except for Champagne Powder, he is just a bottom feeder.

Exactly, it's not ****ing rocket science. When a guy shoots his wife and mother of his 2 month old and then proceeds to shoot himself in front of a crowd, it's probably not appropriate to break out a "stay down bitch" or **** the Chiefs smack. I'm always amazed at the Internet douchebaggery that emerges from this these types of tragedy. Check out Chefplanet it's worse over there.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Who got banned?

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Steve Fesch knows best. That's why he has made millions of dollars. Learn his secrets to life and success.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Who got banned?

Cutthemdown, Champagne Powder, cache glades (whomever that is)

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Exactly, it's not ****ing rocket science. When a guy shoots his wife and mother of his 2 month old and then proceeds to shoot himself in front of a crowd, it's probably not appropriate to break out a "stay down b****" or **** the Chiefs smack. I'm always amazed at the Internet douchebaggery that emerges from this these types of tragedy. Check out Chefplanet it's worse over there.

Who cares really? It's just words on a screen. You're not any better than somebody making light of the situation just because you have "class" on a football message board.

If you really truly cared, you would be spending your time and resources at a battered women's shelter or helping out orphans.

bowtown
12-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Who cares really? It's just words on a screen. You're not any better than somebody making light of the situation just because you have "class" on a football message board.

If you really truly cared, you would be spending your time and resources at a battered women's shelter or helping out orphans.

Looks like Champaigne Powders alternate account was just revealed.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Cutthemdown, Champagne Powder, cache glades (whomever that is)

cutthemdown got screwed. He didn't type anything that was out of line.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Lets be good rival fans and spend a moment or two to remember the fallen

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xoxIVuY9cM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Goobzilla
12-01-2012, 05:40 PM

Just stop. No need to troll today.

Requiem
12-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Stars of David with a name? NO.

Kaylore
12-01-2012, 05:56 PM

No, he's a dick. He wishes for players to get injured.

razorwire77
12-01-2012, 05:58 PM

Actually, yes, yes I am.

Meck77
12-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Apa it was a general statement that we could all be a little more aware and compassionate to all human beings not just those who are murdered by famous people or famous people who commit suicide. I see the controversial of idea of universal compassion has rattled a few people....

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Lets be good rival fans and spend a moment or two to remember the fallen

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xoxIVuY9cM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how about no he committed MURDER!!!
his gf shes a victim lets remember her .
as for him no he can burn in hell and say hi to Chris Benoit while he is down there in hell .
are you people really going to act like wwf fans?
are you people going to feel sorry for that pos who murdered a human being ?
i dont care if he committed suicide or not. it was his gf the people he left behind his little girl. the people he did that act in front of .
lets morn for them not that idiot who killed him self after he TOOK ANOTHER PERSONS LIFE !!!!! i dont care if all of you people here flame me. i DO NOT LIKE MURDERERS !

Mogulseeker
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm going to say RIP to both his GF and him... any suicide is a tragedy. There must have been a dark place in his mind to get him to do this. That's a tragedy.

XXXII&III
12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
It *is* a tragedy, all the way around. I'm sad that whatever demons he had propelled him into choosing to kill the mother of his baby girl. And I'm sad that the end result was a horrific suicide in front of coaches who were trying to help him. Obviously he felt there was no other way out.... and for him, maybe he was right. But it forever marks those who are left behind.

theAPAOps5
12-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Apa it was a general statement that we could all be a little more aware and compassionate to all human beings not just those who are murdered by famous people or famous people who commit suicide. I see the controversial of idea of universal compassion has rattled a few people....

I get your point. Not trying to start an argument. That isn't what should be done in this thread.

Taco John
12-01-2012, 06:37 PM
It's not about having class on a football board. It's about having class.

We're not going to tolerate jokes in this situation. Instead, this forum is going to opt to show respect. Anyone who leaves the forum over this incident is addition by subtraction.