PDA

View Full Version : Raiders' Rolando McClain Released

Action
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
@NFL_RealUpdates
Reports are out that the #Raiders released 2010 8th overall pick LB Rolando McClain.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
An hour ago, Rolando McClain posted this on his Facebook wall: "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers"

Kyle Burger ‏@kyle_burger
Former Bama LB Rolando McClain no longer with OAK. He writes: I'm gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual 'team'.

For those wondering, after this year he has 2 more years on his contract. 2013: 4 million 2014: 5.8 million

Rohirrim
11-28-2012, 04:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fL6wbsGx9qw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
I called this happening weeks ago. :)

TheReverend
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Well... he and DJ would probably get along.

TonyR
11-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Another guy we all wanted who flopped...

The Joker
11-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow.

I make a point of not watching the Raiders very much, but through his first two years I thought he'd been doing pretty well for them? He had a great year statistically last season anyway, 100 tackles with 5 sacks and a lot of pass defenses... did his play just go to hell this year?

Wonder if there's an attitude issue?

TonyR
11-28-2012, 04:24 PM
I have to ask: would he be an upgrade at MLB for us? He has to be better than Brooking, right?

TheReverend
11-28-2012, 04:25 PM
I have to ask: would he be an upgrade at MLB for us? He has to be better than Brooking, right?

Yup.

KevinJames
11-28-2012, 04:26 PM
^just a guess but probably has something to with him being an idiot, see this picture for evidence.

http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3360381.1322779345!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.JPG

DBroncos4life

I think he is worse then Mays.

Action
I really liked McClain coming out of college. This whole bad attitude image he made is really odd, as he was one of the most high character guys at Alabama. I mean Trent Richard just called McClain his idol, and Trent is a very high character guy too.

I can't help but think it's the Raiders organization but if anyone were to know about McClain it's going to be the Broncos.

I expect Elway to look heavily into this...

Smiling Assassin27
11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Not so fast, my friend:

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

#Raiders have not waived MLB Rolando McClain. Yet. Waiver deadline for today passed, and he was not on the list.

Action
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM

Mays couldn't find a way to make a tackle or rarely be in position to make a tackle. McClain has talent.

McClain played in a 3-4 defense in college so he should be accustomed to shedding blockers as our defensive system requires.

McClain is younger than Brooking and obviously more physically talented... but Brooking is a smart and savy vet who knows where to be.

But like J.D. Walton, you have to ask yourself... what happens if Brooking get's hurt? DJ? Steven Johnson?

Action
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Not so fast, my friend:

You read his facebook posts?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
An hour ago, Rolando McClain posted this on his Facebook wall: "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers"

Smiling Assassin27
11-28-2012, 04:36 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Bingo. Thanks for the update. Let's (not) bring him in!

underrated29
11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Yes, he is a great player and better than our MLBs.....But he is also a F***** retard. Shooting a gun inches from a dudes head, execution style is just plain stupid. Especially when you are a millionaire football player.

Smiling Assassin27
11-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes, he is a great player and better than our MLBs.....But he is also a ****** retard. Shooting a gun inches from a dudes head, execution style is just plain stupid. Especially when you are a millionaire football player.

That ain't so crazy.

Sincerely,

Romo

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2005/10/13/image942489g.jpg

The Joker
11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Can't imagine anybody will claim him off waivers...

I'd be interested in him. Arguably our biggest need is a true MIKE, and coming out of college this guy was thought to be a prototype at the position. He's only 23 and obviously has a ton of talent.

It's entirely possible that he's gonna just turn out to be a bust, but we've done some good things coaching up the young guys this year on defense. I wouldn't be upset if we brought him in, would be funny to laugh at the Raiders if the guy turned into a quality starter for us.

Heyneck
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers".

We knew that about him long time ago. Don't want him anywhere near our team!

DBroncos4life
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Mays couldn't find a way to make a tackle or rarely be in position to make a tackle. McClain has talent.

McClain played in a 3-4 defense in college so he should be accustomed to shedding blockers as our defensive system requires.

McClain is younger than Brooking and obviously more physically talented... but Brooking is a smart and savy vet who knows where to be.

But like J.D. Walton, you have to ask yourself... what happens if Brooking get's hurt? DJ? Steven Johnson?

I've found myself reading a couple of raiders boards over the last couple months and everything they say about him is bad. Literally they say the same thing about McClain as you just did about Mays!

Allen got the best season of his career out of Mays last year. So much that PFF (I'm not a huge believer in them) gave him one of the highest grades for a run stopping MLB. McClain on the other hand is playing like hot garbage. Yes he is more talented then our guys but his level of play isn't so there is no upside. I do trust JDR and Fox and would support them if they felt they could salvage his career. I just won't hold my breath though.

TonyR
11-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Can't imagine anybody will claim him off waivers...

Really? Talented, young player? Unless his attitude issues or whatever are too big and well known I'd think there'd be a lot of interest.

Beantown Bronco
11-28-2012, 04:53 PM
He'd be worth it for the upcoming Raiders game alone. You know he'd be playing out of his mind that game.

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Wasn't he supposed to be in jail until this month?

The Joker
11-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Really? Talented, young player? Unless his attitude issues or whatever are too big and well known I'd think there'd be a lot of interest.

Top 10 pick before there were set rookie contracts, I'd imagine he'll be expensive?

EDIT: Signed a 5 year, 40 million dollar deal. Don't know how that breaks down year to year though.

manchambo
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I would seriously consider him and KC's dl cast offs next year. Those teams are seriously dysfunctional and poorly coached. It is quite possible that some of these players would be much better with good coaching and a good environment.

Action
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I've found myself reading a couple of raiders boards over the last couple months and everything they say about him is bad. Literally they say the same thing about McClain as you just did about Mays!

Allen got the best season of his career out of Mays last year. So much that PFF (I'm not a huge believer in them) gave him one of the highest grades for a run stopping MLB. McClain on the other hand is playing like hot garbage. Yes he is more talented then our guys but his level of play isn't so there is no upside. I do trust JDR and Fox and would support them if they felt they could salvage his career. I just won't hold my breath though.

We play a different system from last year to this year, and I think this year's system is better suited for someone like McClain. Same thing could be effecting McClain, it's not like he didn't play well at all.

I mean the guy is 23 years old... came into the league at 21 into an organization like the Raiders... not very great things can happen when you're surrounded in that type of environment.

Elway puts a high grade on character and attitude so you're right, probably should hold my breath but I do think Elway will look deeply into this.

And this cut won't happen until next week so there's time to make some phone calls.

and even if Broncos do put in a claim, there's no guarantee he's falling to us.

manchambo
11-28-2012, 05:02 PM

I wouldn't claim him with that contract but I'd think hard about signing him if he clears.

baja
11-28-2012, 05:39 PM
If he clears wavers thus his contract is voided this is one time I'd say, "bring him in for a look".

We have a roster spot (cut the security blanket full back) and that is our position of greatest need. Besides it would be great to get a good MLB at the expense of Oakland.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Im all up for it. Let him come in earn his play time his garunteed salary is gone. Corrct me if im wrong but it wouldnt cost us to cut him if it didnt work iut

ColoradoDarin
11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
If JDR and Fox want him, then bring him in. I absolutely trust them when it comes to our defense.

bronco militia
11-28-2012, 05:56 PM
He was terrible in the last broncos raider game

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't think anyone claims him off waivers with that contract. So we will probably have an opportunity to pick him up if we want.

Lestat
11-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Wow.

I make a point of not watching the Raiders very much, but through his first two years I thought he'd been doing pretty well for them? He had a great year statistically last season anyway, 100 tackles with 5 sacks and a lot of pass defenses... did his play just go to hell this year?

Wonder if there's an attitude issue?

he is a ****ing moron. that's the issue and the Raiders are actually trying to fix their public image.

mopatt24
11-28-2012, 06:07 PM
The Raiders were terrible in the last Raiders Broncos game, hell they've been terrible for 10 years.

I'm all for bringing him in and hoping they do. Or he'll end up on the Patriots, which I dont want to see happen. The guy is very talented, and with coaches like JDR and Fox who specialize in defense, and are group of players, I'm sure he'll turn his young career around.
Hell, the Peyton Manning effect alone might do it.

Think about it, if it pays off. We sure up the MLB position which could pay huge dividends in the playoffs this year, and we can address other positions of need in the draft. Bring him in

TonyR
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal contains $23 million guaranteed. An annual $250,000 workout bonus is available in years two through five. 2012: $970,000, 2013: $4.005 million, 2014: $5.805 million, 2015: Free Agent http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5712/rolando-mcclain

errand
11-28-2012, 06:15 PM

What's with all this "we" ****? LOL.....

TonyR
11-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Raiders MLB Rolando McClain had his misdemeanor assault charges in Alabama dropped.McClain was sentenced to six months in jail after the May incident, but now he faces no jail time and is in no danger of being suspended by the NFL. McClain has been solid in run defense this season but has lost snaps to WLB Miles Burris in passing situations. Nov 18 - 11:04 AM http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5712/rolando-mcclain

TonyR
11-28-2012, 06:16 PM
What's with all this "we" ****? LOL.....

Come on, unless I'm misremembering I think most everybody loved this guy going into that draft.

BroncoMan4ever
11-28-2012, 06:17 PM
He was terrible in the last broncos raider game

What Raiders player played great that game?

errand
11-28-2012, 06:17 PM
^just a guess but probably has something to with him being an idiot, see this picture for evidence.

http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3360381.1322779345!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.JPG

Why, just the other day JDR was quoted as saying, "you can never have enough LB's that get into trouble"....

errand
11-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Come on, unless I'm misremembering I think most everybody loved this guy going into that draft.

I was leaning towards Thomas or Bryant at WR, Gronkowski if they went TE, Haden if they went CB, and Eric Berry or Earl Thomas if they went S, if memory serves me right....but honestly don't ever recall mentioning McClain as being someone I wanted the Broncos to draft in 1st round.

Bacchus
11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Sign McCalin, Babin and Okoya then collect the SB trophy.

illbroncsfn
11-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I recall liking McClain out of college and the only true concern at the time was he has crohn's disease....

broncosteven
11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't be happy about picking through raider trash but if the staff sees something in him they can work with and he isn't an IHOP type cap hit then I wouldn't be pissed if they took a flyer and signed him.

I don't know that we would get a chance, there are plenty other desperate teams out there Hell look how quick the jags picked up Babbin.

KipCorrington25
11-28-2012, 07:14 PM
I recall liking McClain out of college and the only true concern at the time was he has crohn's disease....

At least it's not what this guy has...

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jay-Cutler-in-Makeup.jpg

broncosteven
11-28-2012, 07:32 PM
At least it's not what this guy has...

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jay-Cutler-in-Makeup.jpg

Funny but I pictured him in more of goth type makeup look.

spiralism
11-28-2012, 07:42 PM
He's trouble cos he went to the Raiders. Don't blame him for wanting no part of that cascade of ****. Not only that but no team is as immersed in Gangland BS culture as the Fade. Guarantee if he lands on a real team the difference is night and day. Think he pulls this crap on Belicheat?

New Orleans bound. They've no problems with bad boys with talent, they'd be the first good team he'd get to and he'd behave. And by behave, i mean willingly aim for a players knees for a 10,000 dollar pay out.

Br0nc0Buster
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
lol at the token "sign him" when a first rounder gets cut

McClain is garbage, not to mention is dumber than a box of rocks

pass

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 07:55 PM

Many people thought he was great fit for the 3-4 we were running. We don't run a 3-4 anymore.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't think anyone claims him off waivers with that contract. So we will probably have an opportunity to pick him up if we want.

I think we would only be liable for his base this year, pro-rated.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/rolando-mcclain/

If so its something less than 300K for this year. That alone is worth it for the Raider game insight. If he doesnt work out, cut him at the end of the year. If he does, make him rework his contract next year (6.675).

His major roster bonus of $12M has already been paid.

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I think we would only be liable for his base this year, pro-rated.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/rolando-mcclain/

If so its something less than 300K for this year. That alone is worth it for the Raider game insight. If he doesnt work out, cut him at the end of the year. If he does, make him rework his contract next year (6.675).

His major roster bonus of $12M has already been paid.

In that case I don't see him reaching us on the waiver wire.

baja
11-28-2012, 08:20 PM
lol at the token "sign him" when a first rounder gets cut

McClain is garbage, not to mention is dumber than a box of rocks

pass

Now I know I want him. ;D

TonyR
11-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Many people thought he was great fit for the 3-4 we were running. We don't run a 3-4 anymore.

I know they run a 4-3 this year, but what did the Raiders run last year? Because he put up pretty good numbers.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2012, 08:24 PM

We were at the time. He was a Mlb they thought could play in any defense as evidenced by a 4-3 team picking him. He was a great college LB. Was decent his first year. The chemistry with that team seems to be amiss

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 08:59 PM
We were at the time. He was a Mlb they thought could play in any defense as evidenced by a 4-3 team picking him. He was a great college LB. Was decent his first year. The chemistry with that team seems to be amiss

He doesn't have the speed and athleticism I personally prefer in a 4-3 MLB. The Raiders thought his other traits would make up for that apparently. I do think that he has the talent to be a solid 4-3 MLB, I just don't think it's the best fit for him.

lonestar
11-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Well... he and DJ would probably get along.

mental midget LB corps..

UberBroncoMan
11-29-2012, 05:15 AM
He'll be a Chief.

brantleymassey
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Are you insane. Joe Mays is the worst line backer in the nfl. He misses tackles, can't cover, he can't even rush the passer. You notice how much better the d is playing without him. Brooking is older and may not have the skill set as other lbs but he keeps the d alinged correctly. Mays could not run the more complicated defenses. Mcclain is more talented than both. He is faster, taller, longer and does not miss tackles. He is pretty good in coverage (14 deflections last year) mays (0). He can run complicated defenses. It is hard to run anything at oakland. come on guys it is the raiders. Dennis Allen was an ok d coordinator but Mcclain could florish under Del Rio. Plus there is no risk. He will not cost a lot, he could be released at the end of the year or he could be a great line backer with players and coaches around him. I like Brooking but what happens if he gets hurt.

baja
11-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Are you insane. Joe Mays is the worst line backer in the nfl. He misses tackles, can't cover, he can't even rush the passer. You notice how much better the d is playing without him. Brooking is older and may not have the skill set as other lbs but he keeps the d alinged correctly. Mays could not run the more complicated defenses. Mcclain is more talented than both. He is faster, taller, longer and does not miss tackles. He is pretty good in coverage (14 deflections last year) mays (0). He can run complicated defenses. It is hard to run anything at oakland. come on guys it is the raiders. Dennis Allen was an ok d coordinator but Mcclain could florish under Del Rio. Plus there is no risk. He will not cost a lot, he could be released at the end of the year or he could be a great line backer with players and coaches around him. I like Brooking but what happens if he gets hurt.

Trouble is there will be a lot of teams looking at it this way.

Maybe we should just trade for him and ask him to restructure next year.

The idea of getting him intrigues me.

TonyR
11-29-2012, 01:19 PM

It should. Along with RB the position is probably our biggest weakness. But the odds of it happening are probably extremely low.

baja
11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
It should. Along with RB the position is probably our biggest weakness. But the odds of it happening are probably extremely low.

That's what so intriguing the fact the position is such a glaring need.

Maybe they need a fullback or a 5th round pick since he's going to be released anyway.

Maybe we should just trade for him.

DBroncos4life
11-29-2012, 01:54 PM

Everything you said about Mays is word for word that Raiders fans say about McClain. If McClain is so good at covering then why is he taken off the field on passing downs?

Dedhed
11-29-2012, 03:20 PM

Speak for yourself.

baja
11-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Everything you said about Mays is word for word that Raiders fans say about McClain. If McClain is so good at covering then why is he taken off the field on passing downs?

Sure would like to know the real story on this guy.

broncogary
11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Trouble is there will be a lot of teams looking at it this way.

Maybe we should just trade for him and ask him to restructure next year.

There's this thing called the trade deadline.

OBF1
11-29-2012, 04:09 PM
he is a ****ing moron. that's the issue and the Raiders are actually trying to fix their public image.

So is this stating he is an Orangemane poster???

broncogary
11-29-2012, 04:12 PM
So is this stating he is an Orangemane poster???

Speak for yourself.

baja
11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
There's this thing called the trade deadline.

Oh ya forgot about that little detail. ;D

DBroncos4life
11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Sure would like to know the real story on this guy.

I don't know. Maybe he was a case of so much good talent around him at Alabama and now he is being exposed. Maybe it is because he was on the Raiders and they ruin players. All I know is that everything I have seen the fans of the guy say makes me think that if we played the Pats and they went no huddle to keep him on the field it would be like Joe Mays all over again. Nothing I read about him let me to believe this is a surprise move at all to the Raiders fans.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3717829&postcount=12
This was 24 days ago. I kind of started to notice how much the Raiders fans wanted McClain off the roster around that time.

As I said before if JDR and Fox think he is worth the chance then do it. I think we have players we can cut and give the roster spot too as well.

baja
11-29-2012, 05:28 PM
He did score 23 on the wonderlick so there is that

Broncos_OTM
11-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Speak for yourself.

Yeah you didnt want manning either... soo..

TonyR
11-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Well, after reading this my interest has dropped dramatically...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/are-the-raiders-getting-their-act-together

broncosteven
11-29-2012, 08:20 PM

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/are-the-raiders-getting-their-act-together

Why do people think the NFL is better when teams like the raiders are relavant?

I want to see those losers in their costumes leave dejectedly in the 3rd quarter just like the kFc fans do. It is fun dominating the division and getting everything right while 2 teams are going to be shopping for HC's and at least one for a new GM, meanwhile the raiders keep trying to rebuild. I don't think Allen has the tools or experience to turn it around. I think he will one day be a very good coach, just not anytime soon.

All I care about is that the Broncos are winning games and have a legit shot at a SB.

lonestar
11-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Why do people think the NFL is better when teams like the raiders are relavant?

I want to see those losers in their costumes leave dejectedly in the 3rd quarter just like the kFc fans do. It is fun dominating the division and getting everything right while 2 teams are going to be shopping for HC's and at least one for a new GM, meanwhile the raiders keep trying to rebuild. I don't think Allen has the tools or experience to turn it around. I think he will one day be a very good coach, just not anytime soon.

All I care about is that the Broncos are winning games and have a legit shot at a SB.

The key in OAK is they have to take second or third tier talent for coaches becaus of the interference form the owners box. No self respecting qualified coach would take the grief.

baja
11-29-2012, 09:07 PM
The key in OAK is they have to take second or third tier talent for coaches becaus of the interference form the owners box. No self respecting qualified coach would take the grief.

That's not true anymore, Al's dead.

Rohirrim
11-29-2012, 09:11 PM

I've got to admit, Reggie McKenzie is showing some guts. He's showing the team that he doesn't care where they were drafted. Produce or adios.

broncosteven
11-29-2012, 09:14 PM

Not anymore, Al died.

I do think Allen will be given a couple years, his team hasn't been terrible, he could have come out and been worse than Romeo but he has done better with less talent.

I do think not having a young QB will hurt him. They are going to need to replace Palmer ASAP and won't be able to draft anything that will be better than him this year, they will have to hit bottom next year or find a better Vet.

I figure Allen will be lucky to finish at or near .400 after about 4 years and the Raiders will be forced to make a change but he will go on to better success at his next HC gig.

Bacchus
11-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Not anymore, Al died.

I do think Allen will be given a couple years, his team hasn't been terrible, he could have come out and been worse than Romeo but he has done better with less talent.

I do think not having a young QB will hurt him. They are going to need to replace Palmer ASAP and won't be able to draft anything that will be better than him this year, they will have to hit bottom next year or find a better Vet.

I figure Allen will be lucky to finish at or near .400 after about 4 years and the Raiders will be forced to make a change but he will go on to better success at his next HC gig.

They have other problems like the lowest revenue producing stadium in the NFL.
Anyone wants them relevant just move them back to Los Angeles.

baja
11-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Abraham is killing 64

baja
11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
LOL now 64 faks an injury to get off the field and away from Abraham

lonestar
11-29-2012, 10:55 PM
That's not true anymore, Al's dead.

Son is stepping up and doing much the same thing. Just made threats to the team and coaching staff a week or so ago.
Like father like son.

lonestar
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Not anymore, Al died.

See post above it was widely reported on NFLN IIRC. His son is now in charge and publicly made the statements.

Something that is the kiss of death worse than giving a vote of confidence.

There is something wrong in the owners box.

baja
11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Son is stepping up and doing much the same thing. Just made threats to the team and coaching staff a week or so ago.
Like father like son.

I disagree. The Raiders are cleaning house at great expense. Mackenzie is a good GM. Raiders will be good in a couple of seasons. The son is still an unknown.

Since Reggie McKenzie took over he has released 27 players from the previous regime.

Bacchus
11-30-2012, 05:51 AM
I disagree. The Raiders are cleaning house at great expense. Mackenzie is a good GM. Raiders will be good in a couple of seasons. The son is still an unknown.

Since Reggie McKenzie took over he has released 27 players from the previous regime.

What proof do you have that he is a good GM? I'll need to see some drafts first and foremost anyone can release sucky players. He has released 27 players who has he brought in that was any good?

Rohirrim
11-30-2012, 07:30 AM
^
See post #2.

Smiling Assassin27
11-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Not released, apparently:

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson

--->RT @JayGlazer: Raiders are NOT releasing Rolando McClain, instead however the team has suspended him for conduct detrimenta

RaiderH8r
11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
If he's cut bring him in for a look. The guy had talent in college and it is really hard to gauge WTF is going on when it comes to the ****show in OAK. That said, Mcclain did do some dumb **** so I'm skeptical. If we brought him in though he'd be surrounded by pros and I assume we'd protect ourselves contractually. If not, he's not worth it. But if the talent and desire are there and the contract is right we might be able to get some performance out of the guy and address a big need. But skeptical.

baja
11-30-2012, 11:26 AM
What proof do you have that he is a good GM? I'll need to see some drafts first and foremost anyone can release sucky players. He has released 27 players who has he brought in that was any good?

How would one "prove" that?

The consensus around the league was that the Raiders made a very good choice with Mackenzie

cutthemdown
11-30-2012, 11:51 AM
How would one "prove" that?

The consensus around the league was that the Raiders made a very good choice with Mackenzie

Right now Mckenzie just cleaning house. Cutting fat contracts and getting the books in order. he will ne 2-3 yrs before we can really judge him because the team in such a mess.

Even McFadden may be on his way out sooner then later.

cutthemdown
11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
he didn't get cut. He's suspended.

lonestar
11-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Son I'd not an unknown he has been involved in the running of the team for awhile.
He did not just start when the biggest problem died. You have to know that jr learned it all from his dad since he was not to the best of my knowledge on another teams. Only worked for the raiders.

The biggest indicator was a few weeks ago him going public (media) saying that this team was unacceptable. Which we all know it is not. But it is something that you keep in house. PERIOD. If you look back at the history of the NFL few if any owners speak to the press good or bad. They allow the FO to be the mouthpiece.

Him and the owner of the titans where pissed off about the same time.

While I like Allen I'd do not think he was ready. But since they are the raiders top notch HC or coordinators will not go there because of the interference from the owners box.

Gruden was the last one and he managed to get himself traded to a franchise that wanted experts running the team and not yes men for the owner.

broncocalijohn
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM

Sounds more like McDaniels to me. Releasing 27 players is putting a lot of pressure on himself as he is probably an egomaniac and wants the credit with his own players. This, if at all, will take a few years. Raiders still have to wait for being anything good in this league.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
McClain is a pure 34 TED LB, meaning two down thumper that does not play in space. He's not a fit for any 43 defense IMO. I've always viewed him as identical to Bart Scott. I actually think he'd be a downgrade on both Mays and Brooking in our 3-3-5 styling, even in that limited role.

Atwater His Ass
11-30-2012, 05:09 PM
First round draft picks are a lot easier to make expendable when you're not the regime who drafted him.