PDA

View Full Version : Which of these would you not want to happen?

FearLanier
11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Of these choices, which one do you not want to happen the most? Rank the three in order of your choosing.

A. The Chiefs get a good coach like David Shaw and draft Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson.

-Chiefs are the worst team in the NFL in turnover ratio at -21. Matt Cassel alone is responsible for 21 turnovers, so without him the Chiefs are 16th in the NFL at 0. While Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are not generational talents, they are an immense upgrade to Cassel/Quinn.

B. The Raiders draft Jarvis Jones

-Jarvis Jones is said to be in the same league as Von Miller as a pass rusher. Justin Houston is the last good pass rusher from Georgia and has 14.5 sacks in his last 16 games. Jones is a level higher than him. Jones has over 22 sacks the last 2 years as a starter at Georgia. He would be paired with Richard Seymour.

C. Romeo Crennel is fired/retired from the Chiefs and returns to New England.

-New England has some nice pieces on defense, but they seem to lack coaching. Romeo has always had the best game plans for Manning (as seen on Sunday). New England has not won a SB without Romeo's leadership on defense and has consistently gotten worse. Romeo would surely make that defense immensely better.

bfoflcommish
11-28-2012, 12:51 PM
c,b,a

orange crusher
11-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Where's the option for chief fans bringing chief discussion to the forum? Your team is irrelevant.

Requiem
11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/GenericImages/2012/09/19/cutty-3_4_rx340.jpg?228a71852a22ff512d948fddff187818eb64 a894

Greatspirits
11-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I could care less about any one of these scenario's, I just don't want the Queefs to get Aaron Murray if he comes out.

Rabb
11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
D. We are too busy having a good season to worry about **** like this

bronco militia
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
d. Chiefs suck!

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-28-2012, 01:59 PM
No way Shaw walks away from the Cardinal.

Kaylore
11-28-2012, 02:09 PM
I guess C is the worst.

I don't care if the Raiders get a pass rusher like Jarvis Jones. They had Seymour in his prime and we dealt with it. They said Vernon Gholston was going to be awesome too. It would be interesting if Jones was as good as advertised and he, Miller and Houston, a poor man's Miller, were all in the same conference. Other teams have good players. I'm over that.

The Chiefs getting a good coach would actually be welcome. I think the AFC West is better football when the Chiefs aren't awful. I don't particularly care for any of the QB prospects this year and don't think any of them would be any good if they have any potential until a few years since they are all projects.

Crennell going back to New England would suck because it would give the Patriots a defense and they would be primed for another run. So "C" is my choice.

Old Dude
11-28-2012, 02:11 PM
d. Chiefs suck!

Are they even in our division anymore? It's hard to see that far down into the NFL's dark cobwebbed basement.

broncosteven
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Chef's are so far from being relevant I don't care what they do. They already hit bottom so any kind of move would be an improvement.

Ask me in 3 years if I am concerned about what kFc does. It cracks me up why you guys think losing for a high pick is a good thing. You still have to get a guy who can play QB at the NFL level and then develop him and put guys around him to help him out. Out side of a couple RB's you have nothing on the Offensive side of the ball.

The Raiders getting a pass rusher is also trivial, they can't pass defend or stop the run, and their O is terrible. One dude is not going to make that big an impact. They are also in a rebuild that will take them 3-5 years. They need a QB to groom as well.

bronco militia
11-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Are they even in our division anymore? It's hard to see that far down into the NFL's dark cobwebbed basement.

not sure...I can't see past the Raiders and Seahawks carcasses

Beantown Bronco
11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
He would be paired with Richard Seymour.

Because a 34 year old, on his last legs, Richard Seymour really scares anyone.

FearLanier
11-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Chef's are so far from being relevant I don't care what they do. They already hit bottom so any kind of move would be an improvement.

Ask me in 3 years if I am concerned about what kFc does. It cracks me up why you guys think losing for a high pick is a good thing. You still have to get a guy who can play QB at the NFL level and then develop him and put guys around him to help him out. Out side of a couple RB's you have nothing on the Offensive side of the ball.

Losing will create a change in the organization. That is the #1 reason why Chief fans want to lose. Having the 1st pick is a good consolation. And the Chiefs have good pieces for a rookie QB. Charles, Bowe and a solid OL to protect him. Moeaki has proven he's a solid TE when there is decent QB play, which has been rare for the past 2 years. Chiefs have been trying to build a good team for Cassel the last 3 years. There are pieces there.

The Raiders getting a pass rusher is also trivial, they can't pass defend or stop the run, and their O is terrible. One dude is not going to make that big an impact. They are also in a rebuild that will take them 3-5 years. They need a QB to groom as well.

I think their offense will be much better when they get Jacoby Ford back and have some draft picks.
Never underestimate the effect of a pass rusher. Aldon Smith, Tamba Hali, Von Miller, JPP and Jared Allen have made their teams much better by their presence alone.
But you're right they won't win the West or anything. But it would be a huge building block for them to get him.

Beantown Bronco
11-28-2012, 02:29 PM
And the Chiefs have good pieces for a rookie QB. Charles, Bowe and a solid OL to protect him.

Bowe is a free agent at the end of the year. If they franchise him again, they'll have to pay him $12 mil. I don't see that happening.

Jetmeck
11-28-2012, 02:57 PM
D. We are too busy having a good season to worry about **** like this

:~ohyah!:

Bronco Yoda
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
At this point I'm actually rooting for the Chefs to win most of their remaining games. Do not want them picking in the top three, but it looks like they're going for the number 1 pick next year.

Rother8
11-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Of these choices, which one do you not want to happen the most? Rank the three in order of your choosing.

A. The Chiefs get a good coach like David Shaw and draft Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson.

-Chiefs are the worst team in the NFL in turnover ratio at -21. Matt Cassel alone is responsible for 21 turnovers, so without him the Chiefs are 16th in the NFL at 0. While Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are not generational talents, they are an immense upgrade to Cassel/Quinn.

-Jarvis Jones is said to be in the same league as Von Miller as a pass rusher. Justin Houston is the last good pass rusher from Georgia and has 14.5 sacks in his last 16 games. Jones is a level higher than him. Jones has over 22 sacks the last 2 years as a starter at Georgia. He would be paired with Richard Seymour.

-New England has some nice pieces on defense, but they seem to lack coaching. Romeo has always had the best game plans for Manning (as seen on Sunday). New England has not won a SB without Romeo's leadership on defense and has consistently gotten worse. Romeo would surely make that defense immensely better.
That makes zero sense to me. Find me a quarterback who has turned the ball over zero times this far into a season and I might finish reading your post. :rofl:
You need a quarterback. Don't get me wrong, your current qb sucks some asshole but you can't expect the dude to just not turn it over at all. Cassel doesn't take enough chances IMO

Bacchus
11-28-2012, 05:49 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me24lwbkdm1rcomw3o1_500.gif

broncosteven
11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Losing will create a change in the organization. That is the #1 reason why Chief fans want to lose. Having the 1st pick is a good consolation. And the Chiefs have good pieces for a rookie QB. Charles, Bowe and a solid OL to protect him. Moeaki has proven he's a solid TE when there is decent QB play, which has been rare for the past 2 years. Chiefs have been trying to build a good team for Cassel the last 3 years. There are pieces there.

I think their offense will be much better when they get Jacoby Ford back and have some draft picks.
Never underestimate the effect of a pass rusher. Aldon Smith, Tamba Hali, Von Miller, JPP and Jared Allen have made their teams much better by their presence alone.
But you're right they won't win the West or anything. But it would be a huge building block for them to get him.

Losing is bad and sets a terrible precedence, it is hard to turn that around when a team is demoralized as bad as kFc has been this year. The guys on your team are going to remember or be reminded for the rest of their careers that they did not hold a lead in regulation until week 9. One guy is not going to turn that around, you need a new GM, FO, HC, and then hit on a very good draft with at least one once in a lifetime type player to get back to being competitive.

kFc's OL is in shambles, you are starting Russ Hockstein for gods sake!

RB's are the only bright spot on this team, That said you still have a guy like Hillis who has been terrible.

Bowe is gone after this year, there were already trade talks during the season, I don't see how they could resign him after tagging him once. Plus he sucks, he drops too many passes and runs bad routes.

As far as the rest of your squad Baldwin is a bust, Breston has been terrible on a bad team. McCluster is undersized even for the slot. You need to fill a lot of holes here including finding a #1 WR for your rookie QB.

Moeaki is avg, maybe slightly above avg if he had a good QB, You need another pass catching TE. I don't know who the other scubs are that play TE and I have watched just about every kFc game this year. One avg guy won't be enough for your Rookie QB.

How can you argue Hali makes your team better? Where was he when KM was running on him? Same for Houston. Sure Houston got a sack but he has yet to take over a game like Von Miller has.

DL is full of busts and reaches, lots of holes here to fill this offseason.

LB's are a total joke in run stuffing and coverage. DJ is playing like **** under a defensive minded HC.

CB's Flowers and Berry have been burned more than they have made plays. There is no depth at CB at all.

You guys thought kFc would compete this year, you were wrong about that, you think if you draft your pick of QB, it will solve everything, your going to find out that is not going to be the case.

A franchise that has not developed a QB since Len Dawson is going to be able to find the right QB and develop him and compete in 2013 is insanity.

If I were you I would be hoping that your team won some games at the end of the year just so the young guys get the taste of losing out of their mouths, find the best GM in football and let him make the personnel moves. If you don't get a good GM and turn over the scouting, FO, HC, and position coaches it is going to take a good 5 years to rebuild.

I can't remember a team like this years Colts that has been able to turn things around after drafting 1st overall. The Colts hit on a can't miss prospect, there are none of those in this years draft, they also drafted well in the rest of the rounds and have gotten great production out of a lot of those guys. It is hard to count on Rookies making the transistion to the NFL.

Face it your team is the worst in the league and it is going to take a long time and a lot of things to go right before anyone is concerned about them any time soon.

Bronco Boy
11-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Boom roasted.

Atwater His Ass
11-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't really care per se what anyone in the division does, but it does make for more meaningful entertaining football when the division is more competitive across the board.

dictionary
11-28-2012, 07:27 PM

Bacchus! You sweet swilling brother of the bottle, this made my day. Thanks and rep!

FearLanier
11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Losing is bad and sets a terrible precedence, it is hard to turn that around when a team is demoralized as bad as kFc has been this year. The guys on your team are going to remember or be reminded for the rest of their careers that they did not hold a lead in regulation until week 9. One guy is not going to turn that around, you need a new GM, FO, HC, and then hit on a very good draft with at least one once in a lifetime type player to get back to being competitive.

kFc's OL is in shambles, you are starting Russ Hockstein for gods sake!

RB's are the only bright spot on this team, That said you still have a guy like Hillis who has been terrible.

Bowe is gone after this year, there were already trade talks during the season, I don't see how they could resign him after tagging him once. Plus he sucks, he drops too many passes and runs bad routes.

As far as the rest of your squad Baldwin is a bust, Breston has been terrible on a bad team. McCluster is undersized even for the slot. You need to fill a lot of holes here including finding a #1 WR for your rookie QB.

Moeaki is avg, maybe slightly above avg if he had a good QB, You need another pass catching TE. I don't know who the other scubs are that play TE and I have watched just about every kFc game this year. One avg guy won't be enough for your Rookie QB.

How can you argue Hali makes your team better? Where was he when KM was running on him? Same for Houston. Sure Houston got a sack but he has yet to take over a game like Von Miller has.

DL is full of busts and reaches, lots of holes here to fill this offseason.

LB's are a total joke in run stuffing and coverage. DJ is playing like **** under a defensive minded HC.

CB's Flowers and Berry have been burned more than they have made plays. There is no depth at CB at all.

You guys thought kFc would compete this year, you were wrong about that, you think if you draft your pick of QB, it will solve everything, your going to find out that is not going to be the case.

A franchise that has not developed a QB since Len Dawson is going to be able to find the right QB and develop him and compete in 2013 is insanity.

If I were you I would be hoping that your team won some games at the end of the year just so the young guys get the taste of losing out of their mouths, find the best GM in football and let him make the personnel moves. If you don't get a good GM and turn over the scouting, FO, HC, and position coaches it is going to take a good 5 years to rebuild.

I can't remember a team like this years Colts that has been able to turn things around after drafting 1st overall. The Colts hit on a can't miss prospect, there are none of those in this years draft, they also drafted well in the rest of the rounds and have gotten great production out of a lot of those guys. It is hard to count on Rookies making the transistion to the NFL.

Face it your team is the worst in the league and it is going to take a long time and a lot of things to go right before anyone is concerned about them any time soon.

Dwayne Bowe publicly stated he wants to remain a Chief. And he has less drops than D. Thomas and Eric Decker this year.

The Broncos were also the 2nd worst team in the league not too long ago. A past record means nothing when a new GM or coach comes him.

A lot of the players, such as Flowers, Houston and DJ, have played much better than you imply them playing.

And our OL had 3 starters on the injury list for that week. They've done an exceptional job even with a QB who holds the ball for 10 seconds.

Chiefs have some good pieces, Mr. Broncosteven. :thumbsup:

ColoradoDarin
11-28-2012, 07:45 PM

A. I'm just glad that none of the top QBs this year are in the same area code as Luck or RG3, so go ahead and lose out.

B. Whomever the raiders draft won't be good because after next year they'll be changing coaching staffs yet again. I've spent every draft day for the last 10 years worrying that the raiders would hit on an amazing player, but then JaMarcus, Gallery, Heyward-Bey and McClain don't disappoint (me).

C. Romeo can't make all those ex-players walk through that door again.

Lestat
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
A is the only one that scares me. Jones is going to be a beast but it will take more than him to help the Raiders right now. that's 3-4 seasons away from meaning anything if it happens.

the Chiefs though, if they get a really good coach and he can revamp the culture then they could be a problem.

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 08:06 PM
None of those possibilities scare me particularly.

Heyneck
11-28-2012, 08:13 PM
What I would really be afraid of would be of seeing the MLB from ND end in our division.

Bacchus
11-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Bacchus! You sweet swilling brother of the bottle, this made my day. Thanks and rep!

Estel Getty and myself are drinking rum and cokes as I type this. You're welcome to join us. Although, she drinks the **** straight!!