PDA

View Full Version : Coming Up: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Rohirrim
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
How the **** can they be the number one defense against the run and number 32 against the pass? They have the number 13 passing offense, while Denver's pass D is rated at 5. They have the 11th rushing offense while Denver has the 9th rated rushing D. On paper it looks good for the Broncos. Peyton needs to bust out for multiple TDs through the air. The Broncos D should be able to hold them down while PM takes them apart through the air. Pick DT for fantasy. ;D

RedskinBronco
11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
This is a decent team, I hope the broncos don't underestimate them. Schiano has done a great job there

Rohirrim
11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
This is a decent team, I hope the broncos don't underestimate them. Schiano has done a great job there

I'm not sure what to think. If you look at their schedule http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/tb/tampa-bay-buccaneers
they've beat the bad teams, and not by much, and lost to the better teams, but not by much. ???

CEH
11-27-2012, 02:58 PM
How the **** can they be the number one defense against the run and number 32 against the pass? They have the number 13 passing offense, while Denver's pass D is rated at 5. They have the 11th rushing offense while Denver has the 9th rated rushing D. On paper it looks good for the Broncos. Peyton needs to bust out for multiple TDs through the air. The Broncos D should be able to hold them down while PM takes them apart through the air. Pick DT for fantasy. ;D

Doesn't Peyton bust out multiple TDs through the air every game.

Rohirrim
11-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Doesn't Peyton bust out multiple TDs through the air every game.

Well...

Uhh

When I say multiple, I mean MULTIPLE. Like five or six. ;D

Inkana7
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
This is a solid team. Schianao is an asshole, but he coaches solid fundamentals and this is a really tough team.

Has anyone seen many games with these guys in it? I have only seen a little bit.

On Offense, they obviously run the ball frequently and effectively with Martin and they have some really good big play WRs getting thrown the ball by a big, strong-armed QB. Sound familiar? That's what made the Chargers so good for so many years when they were kicking our asses. This is gonna be a good test for our defense.

On defense, what they're good at is less clear. Their rankings are what they are, but from the eye test, it looks like they have a pretty poor pass defense, but one that always seems to make key interceptions, and they're really good at returning them for TDs.

It'll be a close, tough game, IMO. But it's also in Denver. We'll win this. Especially if Moreno can repeat his performance from last week.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-27-2012, 03:06 PM
V Jackson will have to be stopped. Averaging 20 yards per catch? That's a deep ball

ludo21
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
should be a close game, but they are terrible against the pass.

Freeman is bound to make mistakes agaisnt our D as well. Should be a win unless we turn the ball over

2KBack
11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Peyton goes for the single season passing TD franchise record this week....amazing that it is only 27

Jetmeck
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
V Jackson will have to be stopped. Averaging 20 yards per catch? That's a deep ball

That guy moves like molasses...just can't figure out how he will be a problem for us.

Old Dude
11-27-2012, 03:34 PM
How the **** can they be the number one defense against the run and number 32 against the pass?

Since their ypg surrendered ranks #30, I'm guessing their secondary has some major issues.

Manning is usually pretty good at expoliting that. At least he was back when he played against Denver as a Colt.

HorseHead
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Get them huffin' and puffin' with no huddle...

Tough team, physical.., it seems like they should have a sh-t load of high drafted d lineman, bunch of them hurt..

WR's will be a good challenge for us..

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Since their ypg surrendered ranks #30, I'm guessing their secondary has some major issues.

Manning is usually pretty good at expoliting that. At least he was back when he played against Denver as a Colt.

Aren't a couple DBs suspended too?

Bacchus
11-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I have both Peyton and Decker on my FF team... maybe I'll get a win this week.

comoose00
11-27-2012, 03:39 PM
The thing that stands out about their schedule is the total lack of secondaries for the teams that they have played. Plus V.Jackson doesn't scare me. Has he ever put up more than 60 yrds on us.

Jetmeck
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
The thing that stands out about their schedule is the total lack of secondaries for the teams that they have played. Plus V.Jackson doesn't scare me. Has he ever put up more than 60 yrds on us.

Exactly Jackson won't be a problem and he is their best.

Besides if Freeman tries to go deep I believe Von Doom will have something to say about that.

Martin will be a problem considering how pitifully we played the run last week.

Bacchus
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Jackson used to kill Denver. Go look it up.

Kaylore
11-27-2012, 03:59 PM
The offense is underrated. Their rush defense is overrated. If this game was in Tampa I would pick it as a loss. We can win, but it will be one of the more difficult games we'll play all year.

Bacchus
11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
The offense is underrated. Their rush defense is overrated. If this game was in Tampa I would pick it as a loss. We can win, but it will be one of the more difficult games we'll play all year.

I disagree. The Broncos will drop 40 on them. 41-23 is my prediction. They are a solid team but they are going on the road at mile high against Manning and Denver's defense. They will move the ball but their having to kick FG instead of TDs will be their undoing.

TonyR
11-27-2012, 04:06 PM
...I'm guessing their secondary has some major issues.

I think it's more lack of pass rush. Only 18 sacks on the season. Denver has 37 by comparison.

baja
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Why is it every time we play an NFC team away it's CBS's week for only one game and every time we play an NFC game at home it's Fox's week for only one game. Gezz.

CEH
11-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Denver is #2 in yards per carry at 3.6. TB is #1 at 3.4
Denver has had 302 attempts TB 264
Denver has only given up 5 TDs on the ground TB 9 TDs on the ground

I'd venture to say Denver is the better on defense both in rushing and passing

BroncoMan4ever
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Well...

Uhh

When I say multiple, I mean MULTIPLE. Like five or six. ;D

That is one thing I am still waiting for with Peyton. A monster 4+ TD game that he seemed to have every time he played against Denver

underrated29
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
That is one thing I am still waiting for with Peyton. A monster 4+ TD game that he seemed to have every time he played against Denver

Exactly! And it needs to go to anyone on our offense except for DT. Hopefully decker, decker, decker and some knowshon. I am playing for a first round bye this week. I need a Monster game (not from DT) to put it away.

LRtagger
11-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Is Tim crowder still starting for them?

Jetmeck
11-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Maybe with our old corners but this guy is a sloth.........I could run him down.

This is no way in hell he gets any YAC against us. A decent jumping CB will blanket him.

CEH
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I can't find it but Denver really hasn't given up a big run or pass all year

I could see TB breakng off a couple of each if the defense is not in their gaps and the secondary is not insync. They need to bring down the offensive player on first contact

These guys can put up points

Old Dude
11-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm predicting a shootout, but I think Denver's got a better defense, especially in the passing game. Add in home field and I'll say 34-28, Broncos.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
You guys should know they completely skull****ed our running game.

Josh Freeman is the best deep ball passer in the league right now.

If your pass rush comes to play you got this. If not, could be a high scoring affair.

2KBack
11-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Perhaps you should...in 12 career games against Denver he has never had a 100 yard day, rarely broke 50 yards actually and scored a total of 3 TD's.

oubronco
11-27-2012, 06:40 PM
As seen last week they better not take anyone lightly and play their "A Game"

baja
11-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Manning & DT go wild and Moreno is solid. D plays their best game of the year.

Broncos 42

Bucks 17

HAT
11-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Manning & DT go wild and Moreno is solid. D plays their best game of the year.

Broncos 42

Bucks 17

I don't know why people are worried about this game at all. Denver -7 is a gift and a half.

baja
11-27-2012, 07:11 PM
I'd like to know how points given up by the Denver defense against teams played compares those team's season points average. Anyone know if that stat. is kept and where it is.

baja
11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Something we will see one of these games is Holliday lined up as a WR on go routes. Manning will score on this until the D gives the corner some help which will leave DT & Decker one on one. Pick your poison. This game is the perfect place to do or should we save it for the playoffs?

ZONA
11-27-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm calling it a closer game then most would think. We are still going to be getting used to having no McGahee so I don't think our run game is going to be impressive. Probably decent but not great. We need to get that kicked into another gear. You simply can't be 1 dimensional against the better teams.

Broncos 26
Bucs 20

MagicHef
11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
You guys should know they completely skull****ed our running game.

Josh Freeman is the best deep ball passer in the league right now.

If your pass rush comes to play you got this. If not, could be a high scoring affair.

In deep accuracy, Freeman is 11th. Peyton is 2nd.

DivineLegion
11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
This is a solid team. Schianao is an a-hole, but he coaches solid fundamentals and this is a really tough team.

Has anyone seen many games with these guys in it? I have only seen a little bit.

On Offense, they obviously run the ball frequently and effectively with Martin and they have some really good big play WRs getting thrown the ball by a big, strong-armed QB. Sound familiar? That's what made the Chargers so good for so many years when they were kicking our asses. This is gonna be a good test for our defense.

On defense, what they're good at is less clear. Their rankings are what they are, but from the eye test, it looks like they have a pretty poor pass defense, but one that always seems to make key interceptions, and they're really good at returning them for TDs.

It'll be a close, tough game, IMO. But it's also in Denver. We'll win this. Especially if Moreno can repeat his performance from last week.

People think Schianao is a "dick", because Tom Caughlin didn't like Schianao asking his young team to play to the final second. What people forget is Schianao was the same head coach that gave one of his former Rutgers players who was paralyzed an NFL contract, and fulfilled a young persons dream that was all but shattered by the sport he loves. Good football coach, and good human.

NUB
11-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Denver's run defense is not as good as the stats portray; there's just been a lack of competition there. If Jamal Charles can gash eight/nine in the box (with Brady Quinn at QB), I'd be worried about Martin. That said, the Buccaneers have an awful pass defense and I expect Manning to tear it up. I think this is one of Denver's most interesting matchups all season.

Al Wilson
11-27-2012, 08:46 PM
This is going to be a Denver blowout. And I'll tell you why...The Bucs have the worst pass defense, and they have no name players in the secondary. They're going to focus on stopping the pass, and this will open up everything for the Broncos offense. They will run it and playaction will be open all day for some deep bombs. Also, our defense is very much underrated ... I trully think we have a dominant defense with #1 potential. I think this will be Denver's best game on offense, and the defense will be balling as usual.

RedskinBronco
11-27-2012, 08:50 PM
This is going to be a Denver blowout. And I'll tell you why...The Bucs have the worst pass defense, and they have no name players in the secondary. They're going to focus on stopping the pass, and this will open up everything for the Broncos offense. They will run it and playaction will be open all day for some deep bombs. Also, our defense is very much underrated ... I trully think we have a dominant defense with #1 potential. I think this will be Denver's best game on offense, and the defense will be balling as usual.

I hope you are right. Not only would help the broncos keep pace for Home Field in the AFC, but it would also help the redskins playoff push ;)

If the broncos are on top of their game, I could see a blowout as well. If the Broncos play like they have the past 3 weeks, I see it in the L column.

Heyneck
11-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm calling it a closer game then most would think. We are still going to be getting used to having no McGahee so I don't think our run game is going to be impressive. Probably decent but not great. We need to get that kicked into another gear. You simply can't be 1 dimensional against the better teams.

Broncos 26
Bucs 20

When was our running game regarded impressive this year with McGahee? If Moreno can repeat what he did last week, he will actually average more than Willis through the year. Plus... lets hope he doesn't put it on the ground, if he can accomplish that... well, that would be one of our most noticeable improvements.

I think we keep if close for the first half, then run away with it in the second!

canadianbroncosfan
11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Perhaps you should...in 12 career games against Denver he has never had a 100 yard day, rarely broke 50 yards actually and scored a total of 3 TD's.

!Booya!

canadianbroncosfan
11-27-2012, 09:17 PM
I can't find it but Denver really hasn't given up a big run or pass all year

I could see TB breakng off a couple of each if the defense is not in their gaps and the secondary is not insync. They need to bring down the offensive player on first contact

These guys can put up points

They sure did in the Houston game.

gyldenlove
11-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I have Peyton down for 4 TDs, 2 going to Decker, 1 to Thomas and 1 to Moreno.

baja
11-27-2012, 09:30 PM
When was our running game regarded impressive this year with McGahee? If Moreno can repeat what he did last week, he will actually average more than Willis through the year. Plus... lets hope he doesn't put it on the ground, if he can accomplish that... well, that would be one of our most noticeable improvements.

I think we keep if close for the first half, then run away with it in the second!

I think the opposite. We need to get up early on this team and we will game plan to do just that. The last thing we want is to let Martin get rolling, we do that by getting a couple scores early.

BowlenBall
11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Doug Martin is absolutely tearing it up right now, Josh Freeman has joined the ranks of pro bowl-worthy quarterbacks, and the Tampa Bay defensive front is pretty deep.

I say we lose a few fumbles early, dig ourselves a hole, then come roaring back in the 4th quarter to almost, but not quite, win the game.

Bucs 28, Broncos 26

Agamemnon
11-27-2012, 09:48 PM
The Broncos should dominate them. Whether or not they actually do is another matter entirely.

DENVERDUI55
11-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Why is it every time we play an NFC team away it's CBS's week for only one game and every time we play an NFC game at home it's Fox's week for only one game. Gezz.

The networks are determined by the road team and conference they are in. AFC is CBS and FOX is NFC.

baja
11-27-2012, 11:12 PM
The networks are determined by the road team and conference they are in. AFC is CBS and FOX is NFC.

No I know that but when we need a double header from Fox because we have an NFC team at home it's their turn for only a single game that week conversely when we need a double header from CBS to increase our chances for the away game at an NFC location of being televised over a wider area they are on their single game week. CBS and FOX alternate double header weeks as you know.

comoose00
11-27-2012, 11:28 PM

I knew the truth but want to show you I was right

10/9 3 catches for 34 yards no tds
11/27 2 catches for 25 yards no tds
first game dnp cause he was being a bitch and holding out
1/2 3 catches for 53 yards no tds
10/19 4 catches for 46 yards and 1 tds
11/22 4 catches for 56 yards no tds
9/14 6 catches for 73 yards and no tds
12/28 2 catches for 47 yards and no tds
10/7 3 catches for 84 yards and no tds
12/24 4 catches for 46 yards and no tds
11/19 3 catches for 39 yards and 1 tds
12/10 3 catches for 95 yards and no tds

so 37 rec for 598 yards and 2 tds over 11 games
for an average 3.36 catches 54.36 yards per game and .18 tds per game

that is down right scary

Bob's your Information Minister
11-27-2012, 11:39 PM
In deep accuracy, Freeman is 11th. Peyton is 2nd.

Freeman has more yards this year than anyone on deep balls.

lonestar
11-28-2012, 01:06 AM

Do not profess to being an expert but what I have seen of them mostly redzone channel on Sundays few if any of the catches Jackson has made are in stride going for the end zone.

Most of the ones I have seen he has had to work for the catch coming back for it and the QB is not a great passer. Has a strong arm but not "Manning" acurate.

Again a lot of VJs receptions the CB are almost no where to be seen. well not sticky close like our guys have been playing.

Still overall I think it could be a struggle. A close win or a blow out.

If Manning can get his rhythm EARLY and run their asses ragged at altitude come mid 3rd quarter and through the 4th we should pull away. Force them to pass and then let the dawgs out.

Bacchus
11-28-2012, 02:52 AM

I don't look up anything that is what I got you guys for!

bowtown
11-28-2012, 04:59 AM
I knew the truth but want to show you I was right

10/9 3 catches for 34 yards no tds
11/27 2 catches for 25 yards no tds
first game dnp cause he was being a b**** and holding out
1/2 3 catches for 53 yards no tds
10/19 4 catches for 46 yards and 1 tds
11/22 4 catches for 56 yards no tds
9/14 6 catches for 73 yards and no tds
12/28 2 catches for 47 yards and no tds
10/7 3 catches for 84 yards and no tds
12/24 4 catches for 46 yards and no tds
11/19 3 catches for 39 yards and 1 tds
12/10 3 catches for 95 yards and no tds

so 37 rec for 598 yards and 2 tds over 11 games
for an average 3.36 catches 54.36 yards per game and .18 tds per game

that is down right scary

Not sure if serious.

Rohirrim
11-28-2012, 05:28 AM
I just hope the Broncos get over this "slow start" bs. It's getting difficult to just make it through the first quarter of some of these games without breaking something.

baja
11-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Through the years, many a defensive coordinator in the NFL has lamented the two worst things you can give Peyton Manning: the lead and time to throw.
If he has both, it's pretty much a done deal, as seen in one 10-win season stacked up on another over the course of his career. Manning had nine consecutive 10-win seasons in his last nine years as a starter in Indianapolis. He is headed for a 10-plus-win season in his first year with the Broncos.
It comes to light because the Buccaneers are a defensive team that invites the pass with an engraved football.
The Bucs are No. 1 against the run in the league but last against the pass. Some teams have struggled to run it against the Buccaneers, and some teams haven't bothered

Peyton Manning is ranked No. 2 in this week's Tuesday Morning QB rankings. (Denver Post file)
to try all that much because they don't have to.
The Buccaneers have surrendered 51 pass plays this season of at least 20 yards. That's a temple-rubbing number for any defensive coordinator. Four teams have had at least six completions of 20 yards or more in games against the Buccaneers this season.

Read more: Peyton Manning, Broncos should go big with the pass vs. Bucs defense - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22075157/peyton-manning-broncos-should-go-big-pass-vs#ixzz2DXFkovrg
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

baja
11-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos

The hands of the best NFL wide receivers sculpt touchdowns out of thin air. The hands can grab a game, steal it away.
But to Champ Bailey, it's not always the hands of those receivers rising up, snatching footballs, that are the root of the problem.
"The big guys, you can't let them get their hands on you," Bailey said. "They want to play it physical, get their hands on you, get you away from them. Those guys are tough because they're big, strong and the ones that can run too are always the toughest. Always.
"Vincent Jackson is one of those guys. He's big, strong and fast, and if he gets his hands on you, it's trouble."
Jackson, a 6-foot-5, 230-pound Colorado Springs native, has been a familiar sight for the

Read more: Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22078430/bucs-wr-vincent-jackson-familiar-dilemma-broncos#ixzz2DXGHNP3d
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Rohirrim
11-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Manning should take a long shot to DT the first time the Broncos touch the ball. ;D

baja
11-28-2012, 09:45 AM
I would like to see Holliday as a receiver on the first possession and send him on a go route for the first three downs or until he hits one for a TD. That will set the tone for the rest of the game and give our opponents something to game plan for the rest of the way

ScottXray
11-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Manning should take a long shot to DT the first time the Broncos touch the ball. ;D

I would love to see Manning HIT a deep shot on the first series.

However, Manning seems to not get his accuracy down until he has had about a quarter of action. I believe that is at least part of the reason we have so many slow starts, and why we have turned the ball over so much ( usually in the first half). Most of Mannings picks have been 1st quarter. When the D can't get the other team off the field early on Manning tends to check down more also. His pressing early is a bad thing, since it usually leads to a 3 and out, early in games.

I'd rather they use some underneath stuff, easy quick throws early until PM gets his rythym. That requires the run game be somewhat productive early on to set up PA for the Deep throws.

Our O-line has got to control the line of scrimmage early on to allow PM the comfort level he has to have to "settle". We will need a better performance this week than the one we had against KC.

lonestar
11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
I just hope the Broncos get over this "slow start" bs. It's getting difficult to just make it through the first quarter of some of these games without breaking something.

I rarely sit down and watch the games from the beginning anymore. Usually DVR it and start about 45 minutes into the game. Since I have redzone going most of the time on another channel I have a clue in what has happened. It gives me the chance to fast forward through the crappy starts and all the commercials. By the end of the game I'm about even and finish on time.

Soothes the nerves that way.

lonestar
11-28-2012, 12:34 PM
In most cases those teams with top five defense in some area or the other suck at the other side.

Not many are good at defending both the run and pass.

The ones with great run defenses like the buck since you can pass at will why even try to run. Thus the run D gets better and better each week.

Old Dude
11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
... Manning seems to not get his accuracy down until he has had about a quarter of action. I believe that is at least part of the reason we have so many slow starts, and why we have turned the ball over so much ( usually in the first half). Most of Mannings picks have been 1st quarter. When the D can't get the other team off the field early on Manning tends to check down more also. His pressing early is a bad thing, since it usually leads to a 3 and out, early in games.

I think it may be due to three factors. First, he's still in the process of developing rapport with his receivers. Timing is such a huge issue in this kind of offense. As the game goes on, they tend to get into more of a routine. Second - and especially after the first quarter Atlanta debacle in week 2 - I think he naturally plays a little more conservatively early in the game, probing the D and seeing how they react, in order to set up bigger plays later on. Third, for whatever reason, this offense looks much more effective when they go into hurry-up mode and they usually wait at least a quarter before picking up that pace.

It's frustrating, because the defense is much more effective when they can T-off with a lead.

On the other hand, I'm not going to complain too much about a top-five offense and a team that's on a six-game winning streak.

Play2win
11-28-2012, 01:02 PM
I think its also because, by the 2nd half, Manning has the opposing defense completely figured out.

CEH
11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I bet Tampa Bay will just grind it on the ground and pound the interior of our line

KC showed the blue print for how to slow Denver down

Bronco Yoda
11-28-2012, 04:11 PM
One any given sunday... but this really is a team we should beat with no problem. That is if we don't have the drops, TO's & missed FG's to contend with.

cmhargrove
11-28-2012, 04:16 PM
People think Schianao is a "dick", because Tom Caughlin didn't like Schianao asking his young team to play to the final second. What people forget is Schianao was the same head coach that gave one of his former Rutgers players who was paralyzed an NFL contract, and fulfilled a young persons dream that was all but shattered by the sport he loves. Good football coach, and good human.

Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face. He's a rookie NFL coach, and he has obviously learned not to insult his "fraternity of coaches."

He may be a tremendous coach and human being, but he screwed up when he sent his defenders after a game ending kneel. If this were to become his regular convention, teams would undoubtedly try "anything possible" to bury his teams at the end of the game. His players proably wouldn't appreciate what other teams could dream up that was "within the rules of play."

Fight hard, fight to the end, but a kneel down is a foregone conclusion. At that point, attempts to fight it out just become a "sore loser" mentality.

comoose00
11-28-2012, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=cmhargrove;3739441]Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

Just to be clear, Schiano didn't agree to anything. He was playing by the rules. He is trying to change the culture of a perennial bottom of the barrel team. I don't care if "old man rosy cheeks" liked it or not. League said there is no issues with it and that he was within the rules of the game.

If you don't like it then run the damn ball or do it to them if they are kneeling on the play. But to say he is an a-hole or anything else is little ridiculous.

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2012, 07:04 PM
I bet Tampa Bay will just grind it on the ground and pound the interior of our line

New England showed how actually and nobody could duplicate it til KC but they still couldn't win.

gyldenlove
11-28-2012, 07:19 PM

KC showed that you need pass rush and excellent coverage to slow down the Broncos offense, Tampa Bay has none of those things. It is like saying you need a good truffle and some nicely aged parmesan to make a good pasta dish to someone who has a budget of 3.50 to feed himself, it is true but it is useless info.

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face. He's a rookie NFL coach, and he has obviously learned not to insult his "fraternity of coaches."

He may be a tremendous coach and human being, but he screwed up when he sent his defenders after a game ending kneel. If this were to become his regular convention, teams would undoubtedly try "anything possible" to bury his teams at the end of the game. His players proably wouldn't appreciate what other teams could dream up that was "within the rules of play."

Fight hard, fight to the end, but a kneel down is a foregone conclusion. At that point, attempts to fight it out just become a "sore loser" mentality.

He did it to the cowboys too.

Jetmeck
11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos

The hands of the best NFL wide receivers sculpt touchdowns out of thin air. The hands can grab a game, steal it away.
But to Champ Bailey, it's not always the hands of those receivers rising up, snatching footballs, that are the root of the problem.
"The big guys, you can't let them get their hands on you," Bailey said. "They want to play it physical, get their hands on you, get you away from them. Those guys are tough because they're big, strong and the ones that can run too are always the toughest. Always.
"Vincent Jackson is one of those guys. He's big, strong and fast, and if he gets his hands on you, it's trouble."
Jackson, a 6-foot-5, 230-pound Colorado Springs native, has been a familiar sight for the

Read more: Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22078430/bucs-wr-vincent-jackson-familiar-dilemma-broncos#ixzz2DXGHNP3d

Everyhing else was true Jackson isn't in the same zip code as FAST....................

loborugger
11-28-2012, 07:48 PM

Ahhh... it's a football game & the clock is still running. I don't understand what everyone's case of the a$$ is on this one. Both NY and Dallas were up by a TD or less. If you can try and force a TO to win the game, why wouldn't you? Just because no one has tried it before doesn't make it wrong. This whole thing reminds of the whining by opposition players when Fran Tarkenton started to scramble instead of standing like a stone in the pocket.

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 08:01 PM

I bet we crush their run game. Most teams have not run that well on us.

errand
11-28-2012, 08:04 PM
How the **** can they be the number one defense against the run and number 32 against the pass?

Well one reason is because nobody tries to run the ball against them, as evidenced by them having the 5th fewest rushing attempts against them. Granted some of their success is their 3.4 yards allowed per carry (1st in NFL)...but the Broncos are just as good allowing 3.6 yards per opposing rush (2nd in NFL)

I think they're defense is a bit over rated....I mean why walk (rush) when you can fly (pass)....Manning is probably licking his chops right now as he surely knows that the Bucs allow 66.4% of pass attempts to be completed....8.11 yards per attempt....316 passing yards per game....have netted only 18 sacks....and opponents have a 90.7 QB rating against them

baja
11-28-2012, 08:16 PM
I bet we crush their run game. Most teams have not run that well on us.

KC & Houston did and NE killed us

cmhargrove
11-28-2012, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=cmhargrove;3739441]Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

Just to be clear, Schiano didn't agree to anything. He was playing by the rules. He is trying to change the culture of a perennial bottom of the barrel team. I don't care if "old man rosy cheeks" liked it or not. League said there is no issues with it and that he was within the rules of the game.

If you don't like it then run the damn ball or do it to them if they are kneeling on the play. But to say he is an a-hole or anything else is little ridiculous.

I do agree that it was a fair play within the rules, no argument there.

Different people make their own choice as to what is "within the rules," and what is honorable. If he continues trying to be a bully in a room of badasses, experience shows he will probably get his ass kicked, and no one will be around to shed a tear for him.

You can read plenty about him being an a-hole from his years at Rutgers if you want. Just Google him and it is pretty easy to find stories about how domineering and demeaning he was to many on his staff, and to quite a few NFL scouts trying to come look at his players. Anyway, we can feel different about this and it doesn't bother me.

errand
11-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Smacking the opposing QB on a ****ing kneel down is classless...it's the QB's equilvalent to a fair catch...(I won't run up the score if you don't tackle me)...but feel free to act like he's just a passionate coach

errand
11-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Denver's run defense is not as good as the stats portray; there's just been a lack of competition there. If Jamal Charles can gash eight/nine in the box (with Brady Quinn at QB), I'd be worried about Martin. That said, the Buccaneers have an awful pass defense and I expect Manning to tear it up. I think this is one of Denver's most interesting matchups all season.

We allow 3.6 yards per attempt despite the below average showing vs. a couple teams.....which is the 2nd best ypc average in the NFL...but yeah, we're overrated

CEH
11-28-2012, 08:31 PM
KC showed that you need pass rush and excellent coverage to slow down the Broncos offense, Tampa Bay has none of those things. It is like saying you need a good truffle and some nicely aged parmesan to make a good pasta dish to someone who has a budget of 3.50 to feed himself, it is true but it is useless info.

I was talking more about KCs offense
If KC could finish on offense they probably beat Denver

I think TB can pound it on the ground like KC but they have an offense to finish

Be interesting to see how TB's offense attacks Denver defense .

errand
11-28-2012, 08:40 PM

Well, look at it in a positive way...like the Broncos offense has reduced playing poorly by 35 minutes a game since we switched QB's....

errand
11-28-2012, 08:53 PM

It's called an unwritten rule....kind of like stealing bases in baseball when you're up by 6-7 runs in the 9th inning, or throwing the ball when you're up by 10 or more with 30 seconds to go in the game.....sure the rules say you CAN do it....but c'mon...everyone knows you don't smack the opponet's QB on a ****ing kneel down.

It was a classless thing to do, and it could lead to other teams taking a pot shot at his QB on day.

Agamemnon
11-28-2012, 09:01 PM
KC & Houston did and NE killed us

That's why I said "most".

cutthemdown
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Bucs good vs run, not good vs pass. Good think we don't need to run. Manning 300 yrds 3 tds.

Broncos 27 Bucs 17

loborugger
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=comoose00;3739535]

It's called an unwritten rule....kind of like stealing bases in baseball when you're up by 6-7 runs in the 9th inning, or throwing the ball when you're up by 10 or more with 30 seconds to go in the game.....sure the rules say you CAN do it....but c'mon...everyone knows you don't smack the opponet's QB on a ****ing kneel down.

It was a classless thing to do, and it could lead to other teams taking a pot shot at his QB on day.

Your baseball example is poor because in that case, the one side is leading. A more pertinent example would be being down in the 9th by 6/7 runs. Would you be trying to steal bases? In most cases - yes. Unless of course, you are wanting to concede the game.

The reason you don't throw up by 10 in the last 30 seconds is because you are intentionally trying to run the clock out without turning the ball over - much easier to accomplish that with a running play.

And - what is the difference between trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble on a kneel down in the waning seconds of a competitive game and trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble (possibly hurting the player) on say 3rd and 8 in the 3rd quarter of a game where the score is 24-21? Either way, you are attempting to hit the guy hard enough to jostle the ball lose.

The only way that I see Schiano is wrong on this is this way - if he starts b****ing about people doing the same thing to him.

Afterall...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wiwdHRSBSSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
That's why I said "most".

OK We won "most" of our games except the ones we lost.

TD4HOF
11-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Bucks are gonna beat the shat outta us. 88-3.

DENVERDUI55
11-29-2012, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE=errand;3739607]

Your baseball example is poor because in that case, the one side is leading. A more pertinent example would be being down in the 9th by 6/7 runs. Would you be trying to steal bases? In most cases - yes. Unless of course, you are wanting to concede the game.

The reason you don't throw up by 10 in the last 30 seconds is because you are intentionally trying to run the clock out without turning the ball over - much easier to accomplish that with a running play.

And - what is the difference between trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble on a kneel down in the waning seconds of a competitive game and trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble (possibly hurting the player) on say 3rd and 8 in the 3rd quarter of a game where the score is 24-21? Either way, you are attempting to hit the guy hard enough to jostle the ball lose.

The only way that I see Schiano is wrong on this is this way - if he starts b****ing about people doing the same thing to him.

Afterall...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wiwdHRSBSSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I bet you would think differently if this weekends they hit our offensive linemen in the knees or worse manning in the same situation. It's a bs strategy that isn't going to work in the NFL and is going to cost someone their season with knee injury.

Kaylore
11-29-2012, 10:16 AM
For a crappy secondary, the Bucs are third in the NFL in interceptions. Only Chicago and the Giants have more. They are tied for third fewest sacks so it's obviously a coverage situation. They are + 11 in turnover differential.

uplink
11-30-2012, 02:00 AM
I still think the broncos were targeting Doug Martin with their initial pick in last years draft as the initial reports indicated. I think the previous year they though about trading back into the 1st round to get Ingram as well (they were working the phones and then stopped when Ingram was picked).

Rother8
11-30-2012, 03:01 AM
Fucthebucs!

SportinOne
11-30-2012, 03:02 AM
QBs they lost to:

Eli
Romo
RG3
Brees
Ryan

QBs they beat:

Newton X 2
Quinn
Ponder
Palmer
Rivers

No, they will not win this game unless we give it to them.

Bacchus
11-30-2012, 05:41 AM
QBs they lost to:

Eli
Romo
RG3
Brees
Ryan

QBs they beat:

Newton X 2
Quinn
Ponder
Palmer
Rivers

end/thread

maher_tyler
11-30-2012, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=loborugger;3739622]

I bet you would think differently if this weekends they hit our offensive linemen in the knees or worse manning in the same situation. It's a bs strategy that isn't going to work in the NFL and is going to cost someone their season with knee injury.

If they do it to us i say the next kneel down Fox tells everyone to cut block.

Kaylore
11-30-2012, 09:00 AM
QBs they lost to:

Eli
Romo
RG3
Brees
Ryan

QBs they beat:

Newton X 2
Quinn
Ponder
Palmer
Rivers

...Can't argue with that!

Kaylore
11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
I just went to the Buccs board and they are not optimistic. Most feel the defense they play is too simplistic, the secondary too crappy and the pass rush too weak. It does seem like a perfect storm for Manning to pillage their defense for all their worth.

cutthemdown
11-30-2012, 11:57 AM
For a crappy secondary, the Bucs are third in the NFL in interceptions. Only Chicago and the Giants have more. They are tied for third fewest sacks so it's obviously a coverage situation. They are + 11 in turnover differential.

Teams throwing on them a ton so i am not surprised they have a lot of picks. They can be had at the CB spot.

Old Dude
11-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not crazy about the fact that Denver has a road game just four days after playing the Bucs. Makes me wonder if there isn't a temptation to split some of the prep time or to at least pace themselves more than usual.

Of course, on the bright side, that game is against the struggling Raiders, who shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and the Thursday date will allow some extra prep and healing time for the Ravens the following week.

DENVERDUI55
11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm not crazy about the fact that Denver has a road game just four days after playing the Bucs. Makes me wonder if there isn't a temptation to split some of the prep time or to at least pace themselves more than usual.

Of course, on the bright side, that game is against the struggling Raiders, who shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and the Thursday date will allow some extra prep and healing time for the Ravens the following week.

Raiders field is going to be a mess too with all the rain and 2 games in 4 days.

Kaylore
11-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Raiders field is going to be a mess too with all the rain and 2 games in 4 days.

Yeah I feel better about the team with the QB who knows a no-huddle better than anyone than I do about the team debating whether to play their second string QB.

lonestar
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
QBs they lost to:

Eli
Romo
RG3
Brees
Ryan

QBs they beat:

Newton X 2
Quinn
Ponder
Palmer
Rivers

Which we have been known to do. Let hope we show up and play 60 minutes worth of quality football.

We have to be more aggressive in the first quarter IMO. Spotting the other team a lead will come back to haunt us somewhere down the line.

Hit the hard first and again 3 more time and allow doom and Von to get after the QB.

Run them into the ground so they have nothing left in the tank from mid 3 rd quarter on.

SportinOne
11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Which we have been known to do. Let hope we show up and play 60 minutes worth of quality football.

We have to be more aggressive in the first quarter IMO. Spotting the other team a lead will come back to haunt us somewhere down the line.

Hit the hard first and again 3 more time and allow doom and Von to get after the QB.

Run them into the ground so they have nothing left in the tank from mid 3 rd quarter on.

Simply having and opening drive touchdown would put me very much at ease, that's for sure.

Old Dude
11-30-2012, 07:41 PM
I just went to the Buccs board and they are not optimistic. Most feel the defense they play is too simplistic, the secondary too crappy and the pass rush too weak. It does seem like a perfect storm for Manning to pillage their defense for all their worth.

Meanwhile, I've been reading some of the blogs and sportspages from down there and it's all the same. I don't think I've ever seen such gloom & doom press for a team with a 6-5 record that's won four of their last five.

DENVERDUI55
11-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah I feel better about the team with the QB who knows a no-huddle better than anyone than I do about the team debating whether to play their second string QB.

I can honestly say this is the first year that I have felt like Denver has had a great chance at winning every game we have played so far. I expected to lose Atlanta and NE but felt we had a chance in them. I haven't worried about the games we are supposed to win this year as Manning doesn't have all those 10 win years losing to mediocre to bad teams. I'm going to the thursday night game tickets were as cheap as 12 dollars. You know Oakland is awful when tickets to one of your most hated rivals are dirt cheap.

Bacchus
12-01-2012, 03:05 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1349732/vonmiller.gif
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7NoWw76YMdr_8woxp2VA8tl5LXm3RO tnX93O9x_0pi43RafNOHqAU0ZtZ

Bacchus
12-01-2012, 03:14 AM
http://i.nflcdn.com/static/site/4.11/img/logos/teams-matte-69x47/TB.png (http://www.orangemane.com/teams/profile?team=TB)20http://i.nflcdn.com/static/site/4.11/img/logos/teams-matte-69x47/DEN.png (http://www.orangemane.com/teams/profile?team=DEN)34
Knowshon Moreno (http://www.orangemane.com/player/knowshonmoreno/79619/profile), or No-shon Moreno, the Denver Broncos (http://www.orangemane.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) win at home. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://www.orangemane.com/teams/tampabaybuccaneers/profile?team=TB)' secondary has allowed receivers to run around like kids at a public swimming pool. The worst pass defense in the league faces the NFL's MVP through 12 weeks -- on his home turf, no less. Offensively, Vincent Jackson (http://www.orangemane.com/player/vincentjackson/2506400/profile) faces Champ Bailey (http://www.orangemane.com/player/champbailey/2499489/profile) and a team he's never fared well against. The Bucs must get Doug Martin (http://www.orangemane.com/player/dougmartin/2532899/profile) going early to have a chance. #TBvsDEN (https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23TBvsDEN)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000102704/article/week-13-predictions-giants-top-redskins-ravens-bury-steelers
(https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23TBvsDEN)

SPORTSWRITER
12-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Peyton goes for the single season passing TD franchise record this week....amazing that it is only 27

It sure is! I truly believe that had John Elway played his whole career with Mike Shanahan as his head coach, he would have thrown a lot more TD passes. Dan Reeves seemed to be a standard-set, run-run-pass Coach, like the Tom Landry-coached Cowboys. Staubach finally convinced Landry to pass more, or let him run the ball. Shanahan really opened things up for the Broncos' offense!

Rohirrim
12-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Players You Need to Know This Weekend

Tampa Bay cornerbacks E.J. Biggers (No. 31) and Leonard Johnson (No. 29). Nice, easy Sunday ahead for these fellows, walking into Denver to face a red-hot Peyton Manning. It shouldn't have been this way, of course. The starting Bucs corners in this playoff-preparedness test should have been Aqib Talib and Eric Wright, but their PED usage led to Talib being traded and Wright being benched. So it's Biggers, a seventh-rounder from Western Michigan in 2009, and Johnson, an undrafted rookie from Iowa State, in the most important game of the year for the Bucs, who are in a six-team race for the last NFC playoff spot.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/30/nfl-game-plan-week-13/index.html#ixzz2DoSjexO2

3. Something's got to give in Denver. The Bucs average 32.6 points a game in their last six, Denver 30.5. Love this game.