PDA

View Full Version : Bucs CB Greg Schiano said CB Eric Wright will be suspended by the league for the next four games for

Quoydogs
11-26-2012, 12:48 PM
So what does this mean for us ?? I know nothing about Tampa but I'm hoping they are key players.

Per Schefter on FB

Requiem
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
The little known Aqib Talib go bye-bye effect.

Bmore Manning
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
They are pretty good defensively at stopping the run, they were never a stout pass defense..

They will pound the rock offensively and keep Peyton off the field.. To take advantage of their strengths and our weaknesses.

Archer81
11-26-2012, 01:06 PM
It would mean a lower tier pass defense just got marginally worse.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Is that the guy that used to roll around and **** the hos at night?

bronco militia
11-26-2012, 01:08 PM
don't forget that an appeal could delay the suspension later in the season.

g6matty
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
DT over or under 200 yards ?

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 01:13 PM
They are pretty good defensively at stopping the run

"Pretty good"? They're the best in the league.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/126/000023057/e.jpg

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
They are pretty good defensively at stopping the run, they were never a stout pass defense..

They will pound the rock offensively and keep Peyton off the field.. To take advantage of their strengths and our weaknesses.

No they aren't. It's that they have no pass rush and their secondary sucks so everyone throws on them at will. Also their offense is pretty potent so teams throw to keep up. Their rush defense is average.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM

No. It's a misleading statistic. They're ranked last in pass defense.

Requiem
11-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Teams can't run on them, so they pass the ball. Their linebackers are stout and have a good DL at stopping the run.

BigCurly1230
11-26-2012, 01:22 PM

Best. Post. Ever

Bmore Manning
11-26-2012, 01:27 PM

While they boast the lowest YPG average, better than Houston, 49ers, Chicago, Pittsburgh.. Etc.. They are by no means on par personnel wise as those teams and as dominant at stopping the run.

They have had many high scoring shootout type games this year were teams frankly abandon the run. As a poster knowledgable like yourself would agree the less opportunities is the less chances for homeruns. On paper they are good and I am not taking away from them being good, but they have surrendered some of the most rushing tds and just have a misleading perception as a STOUT RUN D.
They have one of the fewest total rushing attempts faced.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG

Bmore Manning
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
No they aren't. It's that they have no pass rush and their secondary sucks so everyone throws on them at will. Also their offense is pretty potent so teams throw to keep up. Their rush defense is average.

Wait your agreeing with me, I think you miss quoted..?

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
They're giving up 3.4 yds per rush. Best in the league.

Football outsiders has them as their #2 ranked rush defense.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Bmore Manning
11-26-2012, 01:43 PM
They're giving up 3.4 yds per rush. Best in the league.

Football outsiders has them as their #2 ranked rush defense.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

They have also faced the fewest rushing attempts and play in the pass happy NFC South! They are not a top unit against the run even from the eye test. Very misleading.. Good.. But not that good.

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 01:45 PM
They have also faced the fewest rushing attempts

You realize that ypg and ypc are two very different criteria. I understand that a low number of attempts can influence and taint their ypg. But ypc is a whole different metric.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
No need to change the game plan vs. the Bucs. Beating these guys should make the Broncos better and more confident heading into the last 2 road games of the season. A win against a good team is a great way to close out the 3rd quarter of the season.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Not trying bringing the Seahawks CBs into this but how is Aderol a PED? Cause it makes you pay attention? Gatorade fuels and hydrates your body. That's a PED too then

BroncoLifer
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Eazy-E sighting on the Mane!

2KBack
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Not trying bringing the Seahawks CBs into this but how is Aderol a PED? Cause it makes you pay attention? Gatorade fuels and hydrates your body. That's a PED too then

It's a stimulant.

That said, I don't like banning PED's because what is classified as a PED is arbitrary. Andro is, creatine isn't. Adirol is, caffeine isn't

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 02:18 PM
It's a stimulant.

That said, I don't like banning PED's because what is classified as a PED is arbitrary. Andro is, creatine isn't. Adirol is, caffeine isn't

Ya I don't understand it too much.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 02:21 PM
They have also faced the fewest rushing attempts and play in the pass happy NFC South! They are not a top unit against the run even from the eye test. Very misleading.. Good.. But not that good.

Exactly. This a team that has a terrible secondary and no pass rush so it is easier to throw on than to run against. Couple that with a high flying offense that puts up a lot of points, and you have a recipe for opponents throwing a lot. I would bet if they fell behind by a couple scores and faced a constant rushing attack later in the game, at altituge, that their "vaunted rush defense" would wear down very quickly and look below average.

They're 18th in scoring and last in pass defense. I doubt they are "really" any better than tenth in rush defense.

ColoradoDarin
11-26-2012, 02:25 PM

I drank 2 cups of coffee an hour before our Thanksgiving day football game, I need my PED - caffeine.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
If you look at the individual games, running backs are averaging around four yards per carry against them. It's just their attempts are really low per game.

ColoradoDarin
11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
The question is, is Peyton going to let his little brother pass for more yards against the Bucs? Let's go for 600!

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
If you look at the individual games, running backs are averaging around four yards per carry against them. It's just their attempts are really low per game.

I guess I just don't understand how that's possible when their ypc against is the best in the league at 3.4 per carry. Are you arguing that they are facing an unusual amount of QB and WR rushing attempts that go for less than 2 yards a carry?

BroncoBeavis
11-26-2012, 02:47 PM
You realize that ypg and ypc are two very different criteria. I understand that a low number of attempts can influence and taint their ypg. But ypc is a whole different metric.

You said taint.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I guess I just don't understand how that's possible when their ypc against is the best in the league at 3.4 per carry. Are you arguing that they are facing an unusual amount of QB and WR rushing attempts that go for less than 2 yards a carry?

They've played Cam Newton twice, and RG III, so yes. lol.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Just did a check. Teams that rushed for more than 20 attempts against them all averaged at least 5 yards per carry from their rushers, including the Skins, Giants, Vikings, Saints and Falcons. The Vikings gashed them with AD averaging 8 yards per attempt.

Their rush defense can be had if you keep at it.

oubronco
11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Hillman for 200 yds 3 TD's

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Hillman for 200 yds 3 TD's

If you're trying to guess his final numbers for all of 2012, you're probably pretty close.

oubronco
11-26-2012, 03:07 PM
If you're trying to guess his final numbers for all of 2012, you're probably pretty close.

c'mon bean don't be such a downer

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
c'mon bean don't be such a downer

How about the odds Moreno loses his shoe more times than he scores a TD?

baja
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Good thread

So we beat them right???

Bmore Manning
11-26-2012, 03:49 PM

LOL!