PDA

View Full Version : Broncos signed Hester

DBroncos4life
11-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Welcome Jacob Hester :)

@Denver_Broncos
The #Broncos have signed RB Jacob Hester to the active roster and added RB Jeremiah Johnson to the practice squad.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 09:43 AM
He reminds me of Ed McCaffrey.

Crushaholic
11-26-2012, 09:44 AM
:rofl: I was just going to bash them for signing Devin Hester. Trindon does very nicely, and Devin Hester is an absolute worthless WR...

Oh, yeah...Welcome back Jeremiah Johnson...:thumbs:

DBroncos4life
11-26-2012, 09:44 AM

Really he looks more like Hillis to me :giggle:

MABroncoFan
11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
If he's active on gameday, who does he replace - Ball or Hillman?

ColoradoDarin
11-26-2012, 09:48 AM
http://tiger.towson.edu/users/mmitch11/lombardi-trophy.jpg

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 09:48 AM

He will replace the hole that was left when Ed McCaffrey retired.

Crushaholic
11-26-2012, 09:49 AM

Hillman has shown me that he's the better RB...

Lestat
11-26-2012, 09:49 AM
it better be Ball. he's a bigger physical runner who can spell Knowshon and Hillman.
though i wonder if this will mean Gronk gets subbed out more since Hester is a running fullback.

Bigdawg26
11-26-2012, 10:03 AM

LOL!

DBroncos4life
11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
it better be Ball. he's a bigger physical runner who can spell Knowshon and Hillman.
though i wonder if this will mean Gronk gets subbed out more since Hester is a running fullback.

Ball is done like yesterday man. He was on the field for one offensive play that I counted.

spiralism
11-26-2012, 10:10 AM
If i recall correctly, Hester was pretty crap in SD?

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't like this move. Hester is a white fullback who's done nothing. Hopefully he won't need to see the field.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
If i recall correctly, Hester was pretty crap in SD?

So he ought to fit right in, even if he literally stands out.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't like this move. Hester is a white fullback who's done nothing. Hopefully he won't need to see the field.

You don't want to see the white power back?

Lestat
11-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Ball is done like yesterday man. He was on the field for one offensive play that I counted.

Ball is that dude who just hangs around until you finally accept him as a member of your group.

rugbythug
11-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Gronk never played hard to be subbed out more

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 10:20 AM

Ha! Cue Dave Chappelle

Lestat
11-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Gronk never played hard to be subbed out more

he's played some, just not a ton. you know what i meant!

DBroncos4life
11-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Ball is that dude who just hangs around until you finally accept him as a member of your group.

Or he hangs around because you don't find anyone to replace him I think it's pretty clear that when McGahee went down they activated Moreno and gave him the starting role over Ball he is about done as a Broncos. Honestly if it wasn't because he played SP teams he would be gone just like Matt Willis. Guys that just hang around because.

broncocalijohn
11-26-2012, 10:34 AM
http://tiger.towson.edu/users/mmitch11/lombardi-trophy.jpg

Now this is for bringing back Jeremiah Johnson obviously but what does Hester bring us? Is he just jumping on the Super Bowl bandwagon?

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Or he hangs around because you don't find anyone to replace him I think it's pretty clear that when McGahee went down they activated Moreno and gave him the starting role over Ball he is about done as a Broncos. Honestly if it wasn't because he played SP teams he would be gone just like Matt Willis. Guys that just hang around because.

But but but FWF told us there was no way Moreno was starting before Ball!

scorpio
11-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Broncos are definitely the whitest team in the league. Probably all driving around in their Honda Civics listening to Coldplay right now.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Was there any technical reason Hester wasn't signed last week?

bronco militia
11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Broncos are definitely the whitest team in the league. Probably all driving around in their Honda Civics listening to Coldplay right now.

ooof.....i've heard that band once

and that's racist!

:militia:

SonOfLe-loLang
11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Hester is a jack of all trades, master of none kind of back...and at least brings some power. I dont know what you guys are expecting, but i think the signing is fine.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Broncos have a virtual klan rally at the offensive skill positions.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Good move. Manning is to white Offensive players, as ketchup is to french fries.

They must not have been pleased with the game-tape that Hillman and Ball put up against the Chargers.

I'm guessing Ball is permanently deactivated before the Baltimore game. Manning never had a FB before...now he has two. strange.

Heyneck
11-26-2012, 11:08 AM

We already had our Great White Buffalo...

BroncoMan4ever
11-26-2012, 11:12 AM

Whatever wins games. If Coldplay and Mumford and Sons amps this team up more than Tupac and Kanye then so be it

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 11:13 AM
We already had our Great White Buffalo...

So the guys we have now aren't people who annoy you?

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Good move. Manning is to white Offensive players, as ketchup is to french fries.

They must not have been pleased with the game-tape that Hillman and Ball put up against the Chargers.

I'm guessing Ball is permanently deactivated before the Baltimore game. Manning never had a FB before...now he has two. strange.

Let's put things into a little perspective here....Peyton Manning probably goes for the white turkey meat at Thanksgiving dinner 9 times out of 10.

Eric Decker, Brandon Stokley, Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, Zane Beadles, Dan Koppen, Chris Kuper, and Chris Gronkowski is a pretty lethal white octet....Jacob Hester gives him a white nonet....toss in Peyton Manning and the circle of diez gringos is complete.

Heyneck
11-26-2012, 11:23 AM
So the guys we have now aren't people who annoy you?

Yup... well maybe Ball...

Gcver2ver3
11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I think that turnover against san diego was the last straw for lance ball... in even a limited role he would be mistake prone... and a guy with his limitations can ill afford making mistakes...

Lestat
11-26-2012, 11:25 AM

but ketchup isn't needed on good fries.

Heyneck
11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Let's put things into a little perspective here....Peyton Manning probably goes for the white turkey meat at Thanksgiving dinner 9 times out of 10.

Eric Decker, Brandon Stokley, Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, Zane Beadles, Dan Koppen, Chris Kuper, and Chris Gronkowski is a pretty lethal white octet....Jacob Hester gives him a white nonet....toss in Peyton Manning and the circle of diez gringos is complete.

You forgot about our long snapper!!! that dude is lethal!!! Browner I think?

Heyneck
11-26-2012, 11:26 AM
but ketchup isn't needed on good fries.

Soooo true!

pricejj
11-26-2012, 11:26 AM
This puts the Broncos in a bit of a predicament when McGahee comes back. If they cut Gronkowski he will run straight to his bro to give him the low down.

I guess FWF's favorite player (Lance Ball) is the odd man out.

Time to change up the terminology and shut both of those fools out of practice.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I think a Prius is closer to white folks. Mexicans claim the compact to mid size Hondas, preferably from the 90s

bpc
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Good check down guy, and somebody who can move the pile 3-4 yds. I thought he would be the best signing of the guys we brought in.

Hillman will not be the guy.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
You forgot about our long snapper!!! that dude is lethal!!! Browner I think?

Aaron Brewer....I think Peyton Manning made him shear off his Kid Rock haircut though.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Aaron Brewer....I think Peyton Manning made him shear off his Kid Rock haircut though.

Omg please tell me this is true.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Omg please tell me this is true.

I was joking....don't think it happened.

Heyneck
11-26-2012, 11:37 AM

Thats the one! :rofl:

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I was joking....don't think it happened.

I know he cut his hair but I was hoping it was because Manning made him do it.

LRtagger
11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/46/files/2012/08/6451746.jpg?1b161f

socalorado
11-26-2012, 11:45 AM
I think Hesters size is what they are looking at.
5-11 235lbs and can get the tough yards here and there.
DEN needs a red zone back that can get it in the end zone and get those 3rd and short conversions.

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 11:47 AM

Neither. He replaces Holliday/Gronk as the OMG RB.

lonestar
11-26-2012, 11:54 AM

so since John John and Mcoy like him and wanted to spend the money on him, you think it should not have been done?

cabronco
11-26-2012, 11:57 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/46/files/2012/08/6451746.jpg?1b161f

If you cropped the long hair out of the pic, he looks like Spencer Larsen. :giggle:

cabronco
11-26-2012, 11:58 AM
DEN needs a red zone back that can get it in the end zone and get those 3rd and short conversions.

I agree and hope he pans out for us..

baja
11-26-2012, 11:58 AM

That's just the type of player we needed. Glad we signed him. Hope he can do what you say.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
so since John John and Mcoy like him and wanted to spend the money on him, you think it should not have been done?

Wtf. We can't have an opinion on it? Just cause they are a great FO doesn't mean I have to agree with every single move they make.

Sometimes I just think you post to cause friction.

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
But but but FWF told us there was no way Moreno was starting before Ball!

This local radio guy Cecil Lammey was cackling the same thing. Dude went on, and on, and on, and on about it, I kid you not. Moreno gets no respect at all. Another radio guy Sandy Clough, was berating a caller that said Moreno was a better outlet back than Ball, Clough went on and on and on about it also bagging on Moreno. It's surprising how Moreno gets such little respect.

lonestar
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Wtf. We can't have an opinion on it? Just cause they are a great FO doesn't mean I have to agree with every single move they make.

Sometimes I just think you post to cause friction.

Sometimes you should not think.

Better yet post.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-26-2012, 12:05 PM

Better yet post.

That's it. Personal retorts when anything football related doesn't compute.

Requiem
11-26-2012, 12:05 PM

Better yet post.

Says the dude who was "fired" from being a moderator. You really don't have social skills. Step away from the iPad.

lonestar
11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
That's it. Personal retorts when anything football related doesn't compute.

See post 53. That should clarify my stance.

But I guess it is ok for you but not for me.

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Ball won't be deactivated, jebus.

ZONA
11-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, he's young at least. Sometimes guys when the get a new chance with a different team, things click for them. He is a bit like Hillis. I think Hillis had better hands but Hester has more speed. Both are physical inside runners who have some skill on the outside. Hester does pick up the blitz decent. I'm sure this was a precautionary move in case KM pulls up lame, which usually happens. They had to get somebody signed quick and get them working in the system, learning the plays and all that. Could not afford to wait 2 or 3 weeks and if Moreno went down, now your in real scramble mode. Better to have got this guy now, let him learn the plays for next few weeks and if KM goes out, you have a guy who at least knows some of the plays.

gunns
11-26-2012, 12:17 PM
He will replace the hole that was left when Ed McCaffrey retired.

Oh no. Eric Decker has filled that hole quite nicely....and the jersey too.

bronco militia
11-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Oh no. Eric Decker has filled that hole quite nicely....and the jersey too.

slut! :rofl:

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 12:25 PM

You forgot Jim Leonhard and Keith Brooking

gunns
11-26-2012, 12:32 PM
slut! :rofl:

And damn proud of it!

oubronco
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM

:militia::militia::militia::militia::militia:

TonyR
11-26-2012, 12:37 PM
A couple of good runs and Hester will be an instant Mane favorite!

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
You forgot Jim Leonhard and Keith Brooking

I was only talking about Peyton's preference for white offensive players....the defense has its fair share of crackers as well.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Not as popular as if he were to get hurt, drive drunk, fumble, be deactivated for half a season, then have a few good runs.

Requiem
11-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Does he do meth?

broncosteven
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM

I wonder if they don't inactivate Gronk and activate Hester.

Also could be insurance for KM, just because he had one decent game vs a team that he has had his best 2 games ever against doesn't mean he is a lock at that level or better the rest of the year.

Plus KM was McGshee's insurance so we have no backup plan should KM get hurt or fail to perform.

Not saying Hester is better than KM, just that if he is needed to pick up a few short yardage carries or pass pro he can step in.

broncosteven
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
I think that turnover against san diego was the last straw for lance ball... in even a limited role he would be mistake prone... and a guy with his limitations can ill afford making mistakes...

I don't think so, they ran him a couple times after that and he picked up a couple KM type runs.

I think KM was the feature back Sunday because he has had his 2 biggest games vs kFc and they were hoping to give him some confidence. I do think that KM performing kept Ball on the bench.

I bet vs Tampa we see more rotation at the RB position and a focus on the passing game. They have one of the best run stuffing D's in the league.

Tampa is a team we need to have a complete game against.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Was there any technical reason Hester wasn't signed last week?

He wouldn't have been able to do anything against the Chiefs, so why pay him for that week.

Also I agree the Prius is definitely more of a white person's car than the Civic. The Civic is just a good car, but the new 2012 Civics are not as good, I hear.

And I don't really listen to Cold Play. However being white and learning white people listen to cold play, I am going to explore the band further.

broncocalijohn
11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Says the dude who was "fired" from being a moderator. You really don't have social skills. Step away from the iPad.

LOL! You really think that old fart owns an iPad? He PMed me one time asking to respond by email. His address was ....@compuserve.com !

broncocalijohn
11-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Not sure about that. I think he needed to do that in a meaningless preseason game.

Cito Pelon
11-26-2012, 02:46 PM

Well, he has the Buick logo. Cut that hair! Cut that hair!

Victor
11-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Welcome Jacob Hester :)

http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/hurr-durr-derp-face-i-see-what-you-did-there-and-there.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
11-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, he's young at least. Sometimes guys when the get a new chance with a different team, things click for them. He is a bit like Hillis. I think Hillis had better hands but Hester has more speed. Both are physical inside runners who have some skill on the outside. Hester does pick up the blitz decent. I'm sure this was a precautionary move in case KM pulls up lame, which usually happens. They had to get somebody signed quick and get them working in the system, learning the plays and all that. Could not afford to wait 2 or 3 weeks and if Moreno went down, now your in real scramble mode. Better to have got this guy now, let him learn the plays for next few weeks and if KM goes out, you have a guy who at least knows some of the plays.

He doesn't need a great deal of reps to be capable of being used in short yardage/goal line situations, which is how he'd be used until he knows the playbook or he is needed in a more prominent role.

Heyneck
11-26-2012, 04:25 PM
bet Hester is not active the rest of the season unless one of our backs gets injured. Or... Ball keeps screwing up on the few opportunities he gets.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 04:31 PM
bet Hester is not active the rest of the season unless one of our backs gets injured. Or... Ball keeps screwing up on the few opportunities he gets.

You would think Hester could be of more value than Gronk pretty quickly. I don't recall a single play Gronk has made all season.

Heyneck
11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
You would think Hester could be of more value than Gronk pretty quickly. I don't recall a single play Gronk has made all season.

Well there is a reason Gronk is a FB and a reason Hester a RB. Willis got injured for the rest of the season, hence a reason to look for a healthy body encase we lose another back. I don't remember us losing a FB... do you?

I get your point... but if Gronk hasn't gotten a play while being knowing the full playbook, what makes you think that Hester will get here and suddenly we start using the FB?

I still think he will stay inactive unless someone gets injured.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I have no reason to believe Hester was signed here to be a fullback. I assume he's a bigger option that can gain tough yards, pass protect, and grab some balls out of the backfield (hillisesque, in this case, the white-to-white comparison is valid) while contributing on special teams. He may not be activated, but his signing is directly correlated with the fact that we lost a bigger inbetween-the-tackles back.

Punisher
11-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Nice Broncos did good looking in the junk yard for Holiday, hope we find another good piece here.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Well there is a reason Gronk is a FB and a reason Hester a RB. Willis got injured for the rest of the season, hence a reason to look for a healthy body encase we lose another back. I don't remember us losing a FB... do you?

I get your point... but if Gronk hasn't gotten a play while being knowing the full playbook, what makes you think that Hester will get here and suddenly we start using the FB?

I still think he will stay inactive unless someone gets injured.

Yeah, I think you're right. It will be weird to see Hester in the backfield. I wonder if he brings anything at all to the table. It will be interesting for sure. I doubt he's better than Lance Ball though, as much as it pains me to say that.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 05:11 PM
This has got to be the most rag-tag roster ever.

Offense:
1. Frankenstein QB
2. Cast-off former 1st round scout team sauced RB
3. Youngest player in the NFL RB
4. Hillis-lite white RB
5. WR with an achilles, now superstar
6. Married to country star, LisFranc WR
7. 36 year-old, out of football white WR
8. Broken ankle, cast-off, late-signing Center
9. Peg-leg guard
10. Deebo RT
11. Monstrous, basketball ACL LT
12. Beadles (nice name)

Defense:
13. Old man Brooking
14. Suspended for goat urine LB
15. UDFA All-Pro LB
16. Eatin' greedy fashion-maestro freak LB tweener
17. Danny Trev (5th round draft-pick)
18. The Dream
19. GOAT CB
20. Seizure CB
21. Two UDFA shutdown CB's
22. Wolfeman
23. 5'10" gun-toting sack champion
24. NT who gained 50 lbs. in the offseason
25. Retread, ancient backup NT on his 2nd stint in Denver
26. Eaton, CO Native DT
27. Delaware Blue Hen journeyman SS
28. former 1st round DE back-up on a mission

Special Teams:
29. waiver wire flip
30. punt blocking mofo
31. cannon-leg misfire kicker with a tribal tat
32. long hair long snapper
33. NFL punting family member

orinjkrush
11-26-2012, 05:36 PM

Offense:
1. Frankenstein QB
4. Hillis-lite white RB
9. Peg-leg guard
10. Deebo RT
12. Beadles (nice name)

Defense:
13. Old man Brooking
15. UDFA All-Pro LB
18. The Dream
19. GOAT CB
20. Seizure CB
22. Wolfeman
26. Eaton, CO Native DT

Special Teams:
29. waiver wire flip
30. punt blocking mofo

pretty damn funny!

sinuous sausage
11-26-2012, 05:39 PM

you mean Buicks listening to XM Outlaw

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 06:00 PM

Offense:
1. Frankenstein QB
4. Hillis-lite white RB
9. Peg-leg guard
10. Deebo RT
12. Beadles (nice name)

Defense:
13. Old man Brooking
15. UDFA All-Pro LB
18. The Dream
19. GOAT CB
20. Seizure CB
22. Wolfeman
26. Eaton, CO Native DT

Special Teams:
29. waiver wire flip
30. punt blocking mofo

Dude, lol.

baja
11-26-2012, 06:04 PM

Offense:
1. Frankenstein QB
4. Hillis-lite white RB
9. Peg-leg guard
10. Deebo RT
12. Beadles (nice name)

Defense:
13. Old man Brooking
15. UDFA All-Pro LB
18. The Dream
19. GOAT CB
20. Seizure CB
22. Wolfeman
26. Eaton, CO Native DT

Special Teams:
29. waiver wire flip
30. punt blocking mofo

You should send that to woody Paige, really!

bronco militia
11-26-2012, 06:27 PM
He wouldn't have been able to do anything against the Chiefs, so why pay him for that week.

Also I agree the Prius is definitely more of a white person's car than the Civic. The Civic is just a good car, but the new 2012 Civics are not as good, I hear.

And I don't really listen to Cold Play. However being white and learning white people listen to cold play, I am going to explore the band further.

Don't do it man!!!!!

errand
11-26-2012, 06:28 PM

Gronkowski...all kidding aside, Hester said he figures he'll contribute on special teams and then take it from there.

TonyR
11-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Delaware Blue Hen journeyman SS

Well done! I'm particularly impressed you know this about Adams.

errand
11-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Broncos have a virtual klan rally at the offensive skill positions.

Heard there was an Arian Foster fan club called The Arian Nation.....

errand
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM

He's never scored a rushing TD....and averages 3.2 yards per carry....and considering 59 of his career 90 yards rushing came on 12 carries (1-12 vs. NE and 11-47 vs. DEN) he averages 1.9 yards per attempt on all his other carries.

food for thought.....

errand
11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Also I agree the Prius is definitely more of a gay, liberal, white person's car than the Civic.

fixed it for you....:~ohyah!:

errand
11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't recall a single play Gronk has made all season.

He caught the only pass thrown to him all season.....for 11 yards and a 1st down against Houston.

DBroncos4life
11-26-2012, 07:08 PM
What is funny about Hester the only good thing I can find about him is his SP teams play. So why keep Ball around? Why not drop Ball for Slaton.

lonestar
11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
LOL! You really think that old fart owns an iPad? He PMed me one time asking to respond by email. His address was ....@compuserve.com !

typical response, from the juvenile kiddies..

about 80% 0f my posts are from my iPad, 10 from my iPhone and the rest from my iMac .. an apple kind of guy..

as far as my email trust me folks this moron would have never got a PM from me.. I have several email accounts, none of which have anything to do with compuserve..

I see that dream has been sniping again, typical of a weasel.. Why was I fired as a MOD on another forum, because I disagreed with the direction that forum was going..

ask dream how many times I banned his sniveling ass.. for that matter how many times he has been banned here.. where I am not a mod.. I would think folks would get it by now..

That will say all there is to say about why he snipes at me.. trying to get back at me for doing my job as a mod..

Hamrob
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I have no reason to believe Hester was signed here to be a fullback. I assume he's a bigger option that can gain tough yards, pass protect, and grab some balls out of the backfield (hillisesque, in this case, the white-to-white comparison is valid) while contributing on special teams. He may not be activated, but his signing is directly correlated with the fact that we lost a bigger inbetween-the-tackles back.That's about my take as well. Although, I do belive he'll be active going forward. He's a good Special Teams player so he'll help us out there right a way. I read an article where it said that Fox and Co. put him through the paces on pass protection...and that he past with flying colors. They said he's extremely smart and picks stuff up very quickly. For picking up a guy off the scrap heap during the second half of the season...I think this kid can actually contribute and help us win games. If that turns out to be the case...another feather in Elway's cap!

Bacchus
11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
How many white guys are on the team now?

KipCorrington25
11-26-2012, 10:02 PM
How many white guys are on the team now?

Ed McCaffrey and........................

hookemhess
11-26-2012, 11:09 PM

Offense:
1. Frankenstein QB
4. Hillis-lite white RB
9. Peg-leg guard
10. Deebo RT
12. Beadles (nice name)

Defense:
13. Old man Brooking
15. UDFA All-Pro LB
18. The Dream
19. GOAT CB
20. Seizure CB
22. Wolfeman
26. Eaton, CO Native DT

Special Teams:
29. waiver wire flip
30. punt blocking mofo

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/seinfeld.gif

Bacchus
11-27-2012, 12:40 AM
I think Hester is a good signing. He has experience at FB and HB, he is very good in pass protection and he is a good receiver. That being said, Gronkowski has played 5 plays in the last 4 games. Why doesn't Denver just cut him and let Hester fill that part and Denver can sign a young prospect that is out their unsigned right now? Gronk has added nothing to this team and his future prospect is that he will continue to add nothing. Go sign a player that might be able to help.

lonestar
11-27-2012, 01:06 AM
I think Hester is a good signing. He has experience at FB and HB, he is very good in pass protection and he is a good receiver. That being said, Gronkowski has played 5 plays in the last 4 games. Why doesn't Denver just cut him and let Hester fill that part and Denver can sign a young prospect that is out their unsigned right now? Gronk has added nothing to this team and his future prospect is that he will continue to add nothing. Go sign a player that might be able to help.

Fwiw have seen gronk making plays on STs.
So perhaps his value there is what they are looking for.

DENVERDUI55
11-27-2012, 01:20 AM

The New England Patriots think they can compete for that title.

Bacchus
11-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Fwiw have seen gronk making plays on STs.
So perhaps his value there is what they are looking for.

I guess Hester is a good special teams player as well. It just seems that Gronk is wasted space at this time. Aren't there special teams players out there that may have potential to be starters one day?

broncosteven
11-27-2012, 10:58 AM
typical response, from the juvenile kiddies..

about 80% 0f my posts are from my iPad, 10 from my iPhone and the rest from my iMac .. an apple kind of guy..

You realize Apple is primarily used by liberals. You are going to lose your conservative card and be forced to vote Democrat if you don't sell those liberal kiddie toys and buy an old IBM PS2 ASAP.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-27-2012, 11:04 AM
I see that dream has been sniping again, typical of a weasel.. Why was I fired as a MOD on another forum, because I disagreed with the direction that forum was going.. .

What forum were you a mod in?

gyldenlove
11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
You realize Apple is primarily used by liberals. You are going to lose your conservative card and be forced to vote Democrat if you don't sell those liberal kiddie toys and buy an old IBM PS2 ASAP.

The PS2 may be the least American computer ever build - most of them were actually build IN America, nothing American is build in the States anymore.

lonestar
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM

My first computer was a sinclair7. That meant I had a whooping 7K to use.
Graduated to Vic 20 which was a huge upgrade, commodore 64, then moved into the hard stuff 256 IBM clone whose name I forgot but it had about a 7 inch screen.

From there to a IBM with a 10 mega byte hard drive on to the bigger 20mb.

I learned DOS way back and did not like my friends "toy" Mac.

Had a bunch of high end Dell units toshiba laptops. Then I saw a demo on a Mac book pro when my daughter went to college. And that was the end of windows based units.

I currently have two Big MACs one in storage as it is to big for my desktop. It does have windows and most of the business programs loaded on it but since i retired no longer need them. When I got my 21" iMac also got a top end airport for my router and backup.
I use my iPad do do most of my email and forum stuff. As it resides in the library and bedroom.

I'm no longer a power user like I was when I was in business so just use them for basics.

But I love my apple products. Looking to trade in my iPhone 4 for the 5.

Would never see myself going back to windows and all the hassles with viruses they seem to get.

Let's just say I'm ahead of the conservative curve.

Btw I'm a registered democrat. I'm a free thinker unlike some of the DUMOCRATs on here.

lonestar
11-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I guess Hester is a good special teams player as well. It just seems that Gronk is wasted space at this time. Aren't there special teams players out there that may have potential to be starters one day?

Hey I'm all for upgrading where ever we can, was just saying I saw him in a lot of ST either in on the tackle or near contain.

One was interesting IIRC last week he was on top of the pile and instead of getting up he rolled/moved forward causing the guy on the bottom to roll over at least once.

Not only was in in on the tackle was leaving an impression on him after the whistle.