PDA

View Full Version : Jets hit new low as superfan 'Fireman Ed' quits his beloved team for season

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets-hit-new-low-as-superfan--fireman-ed--quits-his-beloved-team-for-season-030828017.html

Anzalone cited the coarsening of conditions at Jets games due to fans' anger at the team's struggles this season and the quarterback controversy between starter Mark Sanchez and backup Tim Tebow. Anzalone wears a Sanchez jersey to games and said he left Thursday's blowout loss to the New England Patriots at halftime due to heckling.

[Related: Jay Cutler deserves MVP consideration]

"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote. "… The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll – which is an outright lie – have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it's in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

See there are Jets fans Broncos fans....then there are Tebow fans. Never trust a Tebow fan...ever.

RhymesayersDU
11-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm glad TGN finally has a shoulder to cry on.

RIP SUPERFANS :(

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets-hit-new-low-as-superfan--fireman-ed--quits-his-beloved-team-for-season-030828017.html

See there are Jets fans Broncos fans....then there are Tebow fans. Never trust a Tebow fan...ever.

Tebow ain't worth the trouble and its his fans' fault.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm glad TGN finally has a shoulder to cry on.

RIP SUPERFANS :(

He'll be back. But its sad that stupida$$ Tebow fans want a limp Tebow over a decent QB.

SouthStndJunkie
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Going gets tough and the poor loser takes his helmet and goes home.

One of the Junkie's prouder moments as a fan was blowing him enormous amounts of **** when he was leaving the stadium by the South Stands after Denver beat his Jets in the AFC Championship Game.

He deserved it....you want to be an attention whore, then you'll get some attention.

OBF1
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
It is the fans fault period. Denver, New York.... New York, Denver, There is no difference. Yet some here still whine about it.

RhymesayersDU
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
He'll be back. But its sad that stupida$$ Tebow fans want a limp Tebow over a decent QB.

You're talking about Greg McElroy, right?

SouthStndJunkie
11-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I think I'd change my name to Fireman Ed too if my real name was Ed Analzone.

canadianbroncosfan
11-25-2012, 09:19 PM

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/huh2.jpg

OBF1
11-25-2012, 09:19 PM

One of the Junkie's prouder moments as a fan was blowing him enormous amounts of **** when he was leaving the stadium by the South Stands after Denver beat his Jets in the AFC Championship Game.

He deserved it....you want to be an attention whore, then you'll get some attention.

That must have been the 38-3 blow out Hilarious!

BroncoDoug
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
That must have been the 38-3 blow out Hilarious!

Negative ghost rider. That was the following year against Miami. Yhe jets game was a lot closer

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM

Check your avatar. Attention whore!?!

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Analzone. That's a German surname which translates to "the anus area."

bronco militia
11-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Tebow mania claims another victim....ed will be back once the jets cut the nfl's best teamate

razorwire77
11-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, right "retired." As soon as the Jets no longer suck anus he'll be right back to lead that sorry ass J-E-T chant.

NFLBRONCO
11-25-2012, 09:33 PM
great fan only around if good. I understand his displeasure or even make fun of the Jets but, to quit on them lame.

Goobzilla
11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Frontrunner dbag. That team is rotten with or without Tebow.

razorwire77
11-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Complete frontrunner. "Don't look at me anymore, don't look at me anymore, I just want to be a regular fan."

"OK look at me again and read my editorial about the downfall of civilization."

POS.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Tebow is doing God's work. One superfan at a time.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah, right "retired." As soon as the Jets no longer suck anus he'll be right back to lead that sorry ass J-E-T chant.

?

He is a "Superfan". He was there Since at least when the "tuna" took them to the playoffs. I'm sure he was there when they were picking top 10 year in and year out. That was NOT the reason hw retired this year. <Facepalm>

Archer81
11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
All of this would be terribly interesting...if we were Jets fans.

:Broncos:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
great fan only around if good. I understand his displeasure or even make fun of the Jets but, to quit on them lame.

Again he not quitting because the Jets suck. The jets have sucked for a long time. It the Stupida$$ Tebow fans that are Jets Jersey that is heckeling him.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Again he not quitting because the Jets suck. The jets have sucked for a long time. It the Stupida$$ Tebow fans that are Jets Jersey that is heckeling him.

Couldnt be that he was wearing a Sanchez jersey and Sanchez by all accounts is a bad quarterback?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
All of this would be terribly interesting...if we were Jets fans.

The reason I put this here is because we still have a couple of Tebow nut jobs here. I'm calling them out as the a-holes that they are.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Couldnt be that he was wearing a Sanchez jersey and Sanchez by all accounts is a bad quarterback?

Worse than Tebow?

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/TebowOverthrow.gif

Archer81
11-25-2012, 09:51 PM
The reason I put this here is because we still have a couple of Tebow nut jobs here. I'm calling them out as the a-holes that they are.

I must have missed that memo where you were designated purity enforcer for the fourth reich.

razorwire77
11-25-2012, 09:54 PM
It's my understanding he liked to talk some stuff on that there Twitter and maybe got more than he bargained for with some of the fans at the games as a result of it. It's not like he's some innocent bystander. Dude is an attention whore. I know the first thing that I want to do when I'm trying to keep a low-profile is to announce the "retirement" of my alter ego and pen an op-ed in the metro and call out fellow fans in a major online publication.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I must have missed that memo where you were designated purity enforcer for the fourth reich.

How nice a Nazi reference. I think Tebow fans are a-holes. What are you going to do about it. Tebow fans are a-holes for taking down a real fan of their team and not a fan of a curtain player.

broncocalijohn

I doubt he quit on the team. He quit on his fellow fans.

DomCasual
If I was a Jets fan, I would tell him not to let the door hit him in the butt on his way out.

That said - Tebow fans - ugh!

I like Tebow, the person. Last year was one I will always fondly remember. But good riddance to the whole process!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
It's my understanding he liked to talk some stuff on that there Twitter and maybe got more than he bargained for with some of the fans at the games as a result of it. It's not like he's some innocent bystander. Dude is an attention whore. I know the first thing that I want to do when I'm trying to keep a low-profile is to announce the "retirement" of my alter ego and pen an op-ed in the metro and call out fellow fans in a major online publication.

How so? You mean the fireman hat. Hmmmmmm we had the "Barrel man", was he an attention whore. How about that guy with the #18 Jersry. Or there's that guys who wears that Broncos hat at work for the 74 week in a row with out washing it. He's an attention whore. Maybe Taco John is an attention whore for having an entire site just for Broncos news and dicussion. He must be the biggest "Attendtion whore" there is.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
How nice a Nazi reference. I think Tebow fans are a-holes. What are you going to do about it. Tebow fans are a-holes for taking down a real fan of their team and not a fan of a curtain player.

Follow this logic train. "Fireman Ed" wears a SANCHEZ jersey at a game where SANCHEZ played like hot garbage. SANCHEZ ran face first into his offensive lineman's ass and loses a football. He cpilots the Jets to a 30 point loss to a division rival on national TV. The latest example of the **** inferno that is the Jets starter at QB. Fireman Ed then complains Jets fans are uncivil and heckling him (GASP! NEW YORKERS ARE ASSHOLES? OHMAIGAWD NOWAI!) because he chooses to wear the jersey of a suck balls player.

The immediate conclusion you jump to is that Tebow superfans made Fireman Ed quit.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Tebowmania shot J.R.

NFLBRONCO
11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I doubt he quit on the team. He quit on his fellow fans.

ok thanks for clearing that up.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Tebowmania kicked my dog.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 10:09 PM
The immediate conclusion you jump to is that Tebow superfans made Fireman Ed quit.

I see it as tebow fans seeing the publicity the fireman gets. Seeing him wear a Sanchez jersey while getting all that face time upsets them. I've been to many sports games and I've only seen this type of in house heckling one other time. When someone wore an Orton jersey.

razorwire77
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
How so? You mean the fireman hat. Hmmmmmm we had the "Barrel man", was he an attention whore. How about that guy with the #18 Jersry. Or there's that guys who wears that Broncos hat at work for the 74 week in a row with out washing it. He's an attention whore. Maybe Taco John is an attention whore for having an entire site just for Broncos news and dicussion. He must be the biggest "Attendtion whore" there is.

Jesus calm down. The last I checked, Taco John, Barrel man, and that guy with the #18 jersey didn't announce the retirement of their alter ego via an op-ed in a major publication and in doing so break out the cliched "lost society" argument while trashing the fanbase of the team they root for. Go on gang green and see what they have to say about Fireman Ed. Apparently he liked to rant and drop four-letter bombs at people on Twitter. Dude was an attention whore at the stadium and apparently an attention whore on Twitter. Anyway, I'm done talking about Fireman Ed, Tebow and the suck ass Jets.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Tebowmania broke the leg lamp. On purpose.

Kid A
11-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Anzalone said he'll still attend games, just not wearing the helmet or to lead cheers on the stadium Jumbotron. He has been a Jets fan since 1975. The team has failed to win a Super Bowl during that time (its only championship came in 1968).

He's still going to games, just not as a mascot. I think the Jets fans, much like it was in Broncos Country during ugly stretches, break into factions to the point where his having a Sanchez jersey got over-politicized (he said that people were accusing him of being on the official Jets payroll because of his Sanchez support).

Granted, the guy does seem to like attention, but if he's honestly troubled by the way Jets fans are turning on each other at games, I can see why he might use his platform to make a statement. If they're lucky, Sanchize and Tebowmania could both be out of town by next year. How long the Jets roll with the Rex circus remains to be seen.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
I see it as tebow fans seeing the publicity the fireman gets. Seeing him wear a Sanchez jersey while getting all that face time upsets them. I've been to many sports games and I've only seen this type of in house heckling one other time. When someone wore an Orton jersey.

http://tinyurl.com/cpfynnq

canadianbroncosfan
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Worse than Tebow?

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/TebowOverthrow.gif

I see your Tebow overthrow and raise you a.....

http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Sanchez-Runs.gif

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Show me on this doll where Tebowmania touched you.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Follow this logic train. "Fireman Ed" wears a SANCHEZ jersey at a game where SANCHEZ played like hot garbage. SANCHEZ ran face first into his offensive lineman's ass and loses a football. He cpilots the Jets to a 30 point loss to a division rival on national TV. The latest example of the **** inferno that is the Jets starter at QB. Fireman Ed then complains Jets fans are uncivil and heckling him (GASP! NEW YORKERS ARE a-holeS? OHMAIGAWD NOWAI!) because he chooses to wear the jersey of a suck balls player.

Try to follow this Reasoning Bus. If you clicked the link it would have showed "Fireman Ed" in a #42 jersey. Does that me he was a #42 fan. No It meant that he was a fan of #42 who happens to be a Jet. Plus, the reason he "retired" this year was because He was being heckled by Tebow fans and he didn't want to get into a fight.

My contention is that Tebow fans are a-holes.

razorwire77
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Every time I see that gif, there is another nugget of win. . .Wilfork straddling the fallen Jet lineman in sort of a bad day at prison position. . .Sanchez face planting into the turf instead of trying to grab the DB with the ball. It just keeps giving.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Try to follow this Reasoning Bus. If you clicked the link it would have showed "Fireman Ed" in a #42 jersey. Does that me he was a #42 fan. No It meant that he was a fan of #42 who happens to be a Jet. Plus, the reason he "retired" this year was because He was being heckled by Tebow fans and he didn't want to get into a fight.

My contention is that Tebow fans are a-holes.

A conclusion not supported by the premises provided. And btw, the article that YOU posted stated "Fireman Ed" wearing a SANCHEZ jersey...

...Anzalone cited the coarsening of conditions at Jets games due to fans' anger at the team's struggles this season and the quarterback controversy between starter Mark Sanchez and backup Tim Tebow. Anzalone wears a Sanchez jersey to games and said he left Thursday's blowout loss to the New England Patriots at halftime due to heckling...

BroncoBeavis
11-25-2012, 10:29 PM

Really. Where were you for the 13 games Tebow started last year? You didn't notice any heckling?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 10:31 PM
I see your Tebow overthrow and raise you a.....

http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Sanchez-Runs.gif

What? You never seen a QB fumble.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/936724/fumble.gif

http://breakthehuddle.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/tebow-fumbles.jpg

BroncoBeavis
11-25-2012, 10:32 PM
A conclusion not supported by the premises provided. And btw, the article that YOU posted stated "Fireman Ed" wearing a SANCHEZ jersey...

...Anzalone cited the coarsening of conditions at Jets games due to fans' anger at the team's struggles this season and the quarterback controversy between starter Mark Sanchez and backup Tim Tebow. Anzalone wears a Sanchez jersey to games and said he left Thursday's blowout loss to the New England Patriots at halftime due to heckling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBza80I1c-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Unless you've won hardware this caliber of play will earn you a heckler or two.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Really. Where were you for the 13 games Tebow started last year? You didn't notice any heckling?

Heckling toward tebow or his fans? I will say if tebow fans weren't so MacGruder they would be taken just a bit more serious.

BroncoBeavis
11-25-2012, 10:34 PM

Comical. Hating Tebow so much they start making excuses for the Jets' piss poor starting QB. LOL

BroncoBeavis
11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Heckling toward tebow or his fans? I will say if tebow fans weren't so MacGruder they would be taken just a bit more serious.

You have to ask? Where were you?

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Comical. Hating Tebow so much they start making excuses for the Jets' piss poor starting QB. LOL

I believe he's not making excuses, but rather comparing the two ****ty QBs

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:38 PM

http://tinyurl.com/cocpaqg

BroncoBeavis
11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I believe he's not making excuses, but rather comparing the two ****ty QBs

No he compared a run of the mill fumble to the NFL sports blooper of the decade thus far.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM

We fell of the reasoning bus early didn't we? Your saying that a guy that was here during the playoffs to cheer his Jets is scaried of a couple of Pats fans sitting in his section. Hmmmmm, maybe, just maybe he was reacting to Tebow fans Jets jersey? Hmmmmm, maybe , just maybe.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
No he compared a run of the mill fumble to the NFL sports blooper of the decade thus far.

I will say that butt face fumble had to be the most ridiculous I've ever seen. It was cartoonish

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cocpaqg

Thank you for proving my point HOFers fumble footballs to, and he wasn't even touched. Oppppsssss

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Your probably looking for incomplete passes right now. that not the point of my gif. The point is to show the degree of how far behind Tebow is in throwing the ball.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:48 PM
We fell of the reasoning bus early didn't we? Your saying that a guy that was here during the playoffs to cheer his Jets is scaried of a couple of Pats fans sitting in his section. Hmmmmm, maybe, just maybe he was reacting to Tebow fans Jets jersey? Hmmmmm, maybe , just maybe.

If this is how you argue I can see why you lose alot of arguments.

I did not say a thing about Pats fans. Fireman Ed quit because of the flak he was getting from JETS fans. He is wearing a Sanchez jersey. He lives in or near NYC. He is surprised Jets fans are going to be pricks to him because he is wearing a bad QB's jersey? That the Jets organization is a complete joke, and that same Sanchez has led the Jets to a 4-7 record and his last game was a 30 point blowout to a division rival on national TV.

And you, like a chucklehead, decide it MUST be because of Tebow fans. Even though the article makes no mention of Tebow fans, and in fact only names Tebow as Sanchez' backup. Then furthering your chuckleheadedness, you decide to "call out" the nonexistent Tebow fans that are apparently haunting this board to this very day.

So admit you created this thread for no reason other than to show your ass and be a bit of a moron in calling out Tebow fans when Tebow is not a Bronco anymore, and any fan of him and him alone is gone.

BroncoBeavis
11-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Your probably looking for incomplete passes right now. that not the point of my gif. The point is to show the degree of how far behind Tebow is in throwing the ball.

PFM missed just as badly on one throw earlier today.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:49 PM

How does this ****ing matter in regards to the 2012 Denver Broncos?

canadianbroncosfan
11-25-2012, 11:26 PM

What I was rebutting is that as bad as Tebow is, Sanchez is by no means a clear cut better candidate as QB.

Also your Tebow fumble gif is not even on the same level of the debauchery that was that Sanchez fumble. He ran full speed into the ass of his Center and lost the ball. A lot different than being run down and getting the ball stripped.

However if we are getting into a gif war, I have to post this:

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sanchez-is-scared-3.gif

Taco John
11-25-2012, 11:31 PM
This story reminds me of the time I went to the AFC Championship game in 2006 when we were hosting the Steelers in Denver. There was a kid about 20 years old two rows ahead of me, and he was decked out in Plummer gear, including this awesome beard he had strapped around his face. Plummer was doing so awful that game that the kid started to get heckled in the stands a bit. By the third quarter, he had ripped off the beard, tossed his Plummer jersey under the seat, and was the loudest Plummer heckler in the section - it was like he was over-compensating.

Maybe that's what ole' Analzone should have done. Mark Sanchez is terrible. There's not many teams that he would start on. Maybe a franchise like the Chiefs who would find a rebound project like that cheap and promising. But for the most part, the guy is a known quantity: inconsistent, unable to manage the game, wilts under pressure.

I dont' know that Tebow would be any better, but I have a hard time believing that he could be any worse.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 11:37 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cmj2hxl

Blueflame
11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Negative ghost rider. That was the following year against Miami. Yhe jets game was a lot closer

The AFCCG vs the Jets (January 17, 1999; win 23-10) was one week after we played Miami (January 9, 1999; win 38-3) in the Division round. Then 2 weeks later (January 31), it was SB XXXIII vs the Falcons....

On the way to SB XXXII the postseason featured:
WC - December 27, 1997 - Jacksonville - win 42-17
Division - January 4, 1998 - @ KC - win 14-10
AFCCG - January 11, 1998 - @ Pittsburgh - win 24-21
SB XXXII - January 25, 1998 - vs. Green Bay - win 31-24.

You're right that the Jest game was closer but they still would have needed 2 touchdowns to beat us so while it wasn't necessarily a beatdown like the Miami game was, it was still a solid win.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2012, 11:43 PM
The AFCCG vs the Jets (January 17, 1999; win 23-10) was one week after we played Miami (January 9, 1999; win 38-3) in the Division round. Then 2 weeks later (January 31), it was SB XXXIII vs the Falcons....

On the way to SB XXXII the postseason featured:
WC - December 27, 1997 - Jacksonville - win 42-17
Division - January 4, 1998 - @ KC - win 14-10
AFCCG - January 11, 1998 - @ Pittsburgh - win 24-21
SB XXXII - January 25, 1998 - vs. Green Bay - win 31-24.

You're right that the Jest game was closer but they still would have needed 2 touchdowns to beat us so while it wasn't necessarily a beatdown like the Miami game was, it was still a solid win.

I guess you dont remember that we were losing at halftime. Took an adjustment of McCaffrey and Smith to stay put instead of switching sides to make the deep slant route for the TD. Much scarier than the score represents. I was there and there were a decent amount of Jets fans in the stadium.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Check your avatar. Attention whore!?!

Please....elaborate further.

Are you referring to Shannon Sharpe, or to me?

Either way, I'll have a retort to put in your place.

Blueflame
11-26-2012, 12:17 AM
I guess you dont remember that we were losing at halftime. Took an adjustment of McCaffrey and Smith to stay put instead of switching sides to make the deep slant route for the TD. Much scarier than the score represents. I was there and there were a decent amount of Jets fans in the stadium.

Of course I remember being behind at halftime. The team came together in the second half and won "for John" as it was tacitly acknowledged that it was most likely his last home game. I wasn't in the stadium, but definitely recall the cameras panning to "Fireman Ed" in the stands (way too often to suit me, btw... ). It was a very gratifying win.

As a side note to the Fins game... in the days leading up to the game, wasn't sports media chattering that since Elway had his SB ring, maybe that year was Marino's turn? Seems to me ol' Dan was a "sentimental favorite" going into that game... and Miami wasn't such a huge underdog because we'd lost to the Fins in their house in December.

Taco John
11-26-2012, 01:21 AM
Please....elaborate further.

Are you referring to Shannon Sharpe, or to me?

Either way, I'll have a retort to put in your place.

I'm going to say both. I just want to hear both retorts... :devil:

Armchair Bronco
11-26-2012, 01:39 AM
How can Tebow possibly be any worse than Mark "Damaged Good" Sanchez?

Tebow resurrected a dead Broncos team, lead them to the playoffs, and then managed to win a playoff game. He did this playing for arguably the most conservative HC and OC tandem of the last decade.

Tebow is a leader on a team that has no leaders. He is a geniune WYSIWYG personality on a team full of fakers and charlatans, starting with their Head Coach Rex Ryan.

If he had the starting job, the Jets would start winning more games. Period.

And if his coaches would just let the guy throw the damn ball the way he threw it successfully in college, then he'd start throwing more tight spirals, too!

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm going to say both. I just want to hear both retorts... :devil:

I'm not even sure who this UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is....and they've been a member of site since 2004.

Has this poster previously changed their name or something?

You'd think in the nearly 8 years that said poster has been here, that I'd remember one single thing about them before right now.

I should probably go back and read some previous posts to see what this goofball is all about, but the small sample size in this thread tells me everything I need to know.

Blueflame
11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm not even sure who this UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is....and they've been a member of site since 2004.

Has this poster previously changed their name or something?

You'd think in the nearly 8 years that said poster has been here, that I'd remember one single thing about them before right now.

I should probably go back and read some previous posts to see what this goofball is all about, but the small sample size in this thread tells me everything I need to know.

I definitely recall doing a name change... IIRC, his original handle was "Ultimate Soldier"... it's probably entered in the "Who Changed Their Name" thread.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-26-2012, 06:05 AM
The Ultimate Teammate™ has caused such a divide in Jets Land that Fireman Ed, who supported the Sanchize in the QB battle by wearing his jersey (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8675816/new-york-jets-superfan-fireman-ed-hangs-helmet), has decided to hang up his helmet. To update the scoreboard, it's Zombies 1, LOLJets 0, and John Elway ∞, Zombies 0. TYJE.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/thank-you-romeo-crennel-lard

oubronco
11-26-2012, 06:37 AM
What I was rebutting is that as bad as Tebow is, Sanchez is by no means a clear cut better candidate as QB.

Also your Tebow fumble gif is not even on the same level of the debauchery that was that Sanchez fumble. He ran full speed into the ass of his Center and lost the ball. A lot different than being run down and getting the ball stripped.

Wilfork twisted and pushed the Tackle right into Sancheez, I think Wilfork had more to do with it than Sacheez just running into his ass

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 06:53 AM
But for the most part, the guy is a known quantity: inconsistent, unable to manage the game, wilts under pressure.

It's bizarre how much things have changed for Sanchez since his first two years in the league. He's really regressed in the two bolded areas above in particular.

His rookie season, in 3 road playoff games, he had a QB Rating of 90 while completing 60% of his passes for over 500 yds, 4 TDs and 2 INTs. He managed those games perfectly and certainly didn't wilt under the pressure of playing in the playoffs.

His 2nd year, he was awesome in the playoffs. Again, in 3 road games, he had a QB rating of 95.5, completing 60% of his passes for over 600 yds, 5 TDs and 1 INT.

The guy was a great game manager and rose to the occasion by playing even better in the playoffs. I don't know what his problem is these last two years, but he wasn't always this way.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm sure that Fireman Ed grated on all the fans around him and they grew tired and weary of his schtick years ago and losing has compounded this.

Generally, 'super fans' like Fireman Analzone feel a sense of entitlement, like the team somehow means more or belongs more to them than everyone else.

I'm sure a good portion of Jets fans are overjoyed that he finally put his self-aggrandizing act to bed....hopefully for good. Put it to bed....the novelty wore off years ago and you've carried it on all these years because you get your rocks off getting attention and being on tv. Now your act looks even more ridiculous when the Jets are getting fisted 49-19, so now you've had enough because the fans blow you **** and you look silly doing it when getting pounded by 30 points.

I'd venture a guess and bet that Fireman Ed would love nothing more than to see the media and fans get on their collective knees in a groundswell of support and beg him to put his silly hat back on and morph back into his super fan costume and 'inspire' the team and fans once again.

Jay3
11-26-2012, 07:12 AM
I love how Tebow's haters always think a bunch of Tebow fans are filling the stadium, chanting things and now harrassing Fireman Ed.

Sanchez is the Jets' Orton. He's making a lot of fans furious and they're being vocal about it. The notion that Tebow is the reason for the hair-pulling is just as ludicrous as the notion that Orton was a viable starter for this team.

This team's success this year should put to bed any notion that Orton was not a huge weak link -- his lack of all around athleticism, clutchness, and leadership. The team wasted pretty much 2 seasons with him, and it was infuriating. I'm not saying that Peyton wouldn't be an upgrade over anybody, but all the losers who kept being satisfied with Orton were indeed infuriating. And if there had been a "Fireman Ed" wearing an Orton Jersey during the Raiders debacle, he might have caught some flak for it too.

The same thing is happening in the New York. It makes people crazy -- it's not a "Tebow circus." It's a "we hate losing with a guy who is not the future" circus.

Bacchus
11-26-2012, 07:16 AM

wow, that is great!

BroncoBeavis
11-26-2012, 07:28 AM
It's bizarre how much things have changed for Sanchez since his first two years in the league. He's really regressed in the two bolded areas above in particular.

His rookie season, in 3 road playoff games, he had a QB Rating of 90 while completing 60% of his passes for over 500 yds, 4 TDs and 2 INTs. He managed those games perfectly and certainly didn't wilt under the pressure of playing in the playoffs.

His 2nd year, he was awesome in the playoffs. Again, in 3 road games, he had a QB rating of 95.5, completing 60% of his passes for over 600 yds, 5 TDs and 1 INT.

The guy was a great game manager and rose to the occasion by playing even better in the playoffs. I don't know what his problem is these last two years, but he wasn't always this way.

I don't think this explains all of it, but a lot of it is lack of a running game. Jets were top 5 in rushing both of his first two seasons. They led the league in rushing attempts over those two years, while attempting the fewest passes. Last year their run game fell off a cliff and Sanchez has struggled since those ground and pound training wheels were removed.

RhymesayersDU
11-26-2012, 07:45 AM
http://m.deadspin.com/5963209/dear-fireman-ed-f+u+c+k-off-off-off?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

JakeZ01
11-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Tebow is doing God's work. One superfan at a time.

This.

JakeZ01
11-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Follow this logic train. "Fireman Ed" wears a SANCHEZ jersey at a game where SANCHEZ played like hot garbage. SANCHEZ ran face first into his offensive lineman's ass and loses a football. He cpilots the Jets to a 30 point loss to a division rival on national TV. The latest example of the **** inferno that is the Jets starter at QB. Fireman Ed then complains Jets fans are uncivil and heckling him (GASP! NEW YORKERS ARE a-holeS? OHMAIGAWD NOWAI!) because he chooses to wear the jersey of a suck balls player.

Pwnd

Rock Chalk
11-26-2012, 08:36 AM

Is Fireman Ed any different than Barrel Man?

Would you have treated Barrel Man that way?

Tombstone RJ
11-26-2012, 08:38 AM
His name is what is really unfortunate. Analzone, really? He should be a porn star with that name.

Rock Chalk
11-26-2012, 08:42 AM
His name is what is really unfortunate. Analzone, really? He should be a porn star with that name.

Dyslexic ****ers.

Its Anzalone, not Analzone.

Clearly Italian.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Woosh.

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 08:50 AM

Depends. Would he have an Orton or Tebow jersey draped over the Barrel?

bronco militia
11-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Dyslexic ****ers.

Its Anzalone, not Analzone.

Clearly Italian.

Analzone is being a pussy

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-26-2012, 09:08 AM

AHHHHHHHH !!!!! BOOO
lmfao

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/perineum_connection.gif

What a GIS for analzone might look like. Lol. Italians are silly.

ColoradoDarin
11-26-2012, 09:25 AM
He was just mad that Sanchez didn't run into his Analzone.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 09:27 AM

If Barrel Man would have scored as high on my doucheometer as Fireman Analzone did, then yes, I would have treated him the same way.

I always found Barrel Man to be a likable enough fellow.

The Fireman Ed incident took place many years ago in January of 1999....I was plastered all day and took umbrage at watching him try ply his schtick in Mile High Stadium and by chance we happened to be leaving at the same time.

I've mellowed out a lot since those days.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-26-2012, 10:26 AM
If Barrel Man would have scored as high on my doucheometer as Fireman Analzone did, then yes, I would have treated him the same way.

I always found Barrel Man to be a likable enough fellow.

The Fireman Ed incident took place many years ago in January of 1999....I was plastered all day and took umbrage at watching him try ply his schtick in Mile High Stadium and by chance we happened to be leaving at the same time.

I've mellowed out a lot since those days.

Soooooo, you'd rather stair at a half man's man for 3-3.5 then to hear maybe once every 5-6 minutes "J.E.T.S jets meta jets". I know people that can time out the low battery alert on their smoke detectors. But you can stand "J.E.T.S. jets jets jets jets". Maybe, just maybe you like watching that stuff (not that there's any wrong with that). I find the half man's guy more intrusive.

That One Guy
11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
That's nothing.

This one time, I was at a game in Detroit and I saw someone in a Clarette jersey. Oh, I made their life hell. I snuck up by them and secretly took a picture. Then I didn't do anything with the picture but keep it around for chuckles.

Seriously, who makes fun of someone for the name on their jersey?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
That's nothing.

This one time, I was at a game in Detroit and I saw someone in a Clarette jersey. Oh, I made their life hell. I snuck up by them and secretly took a picture. Then I didn't do anything with the picture but keep it around for chuckles.

Tebow fans......unless its Tebow then blasphemy!!!!!

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 10:44 AM

A monk in the middle of a vow of silence would have trouble not making fun of someone in a Brodie Croyle jersey.

BroncoBeavis
11-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Soooooo, you'd rather stair at a half man's man for 3-3.5 then to hear maybe once every 5-6 minutes "J.E.T.S jets meta jets". I know people that can time out the low battery alert on their smoke detectors. But you can stand "J.E.T.S. jets jets jets jets". Maybe, just maybe you like watching that stuff (not that there's any wrong with that). I find the half man's guy more intrusive.

The worst is when they bring that f'ing cheer into the Mens pisser at the game to annoy the locals. Everyone should just step away from the trough and walk over and hose whoever that asshole is down. Mighta been this Analzone now that I think about it.

RhymesayersDU
11-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Thread is comedy. The guy hates Tebow so much that he stops at nothing to defend Sanchez/Fireman Ed. He even goes so far as to say a guy who liked Barrel Man is gay. But clearly, it's the Tebow fans who are crazy.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Both extremists need to be shown the door.

BroncoBeavis
11-26-2012, 10:47 AM
A monk in the middle of a vow of silence would have trouble not making fun of someone in a Brodie Croyle jersey.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLGi1k-ToLXoxQALwsLH9FeT95Kq2llnff-cRdRyVcXqE6qscW

I should pick up one of these on $4.99 clearance and wear it to the next game just to test the theory. :)

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2012, 10:56 AM

That post literally made no sense.

Each and every individual on this board is a little dumber for having read it.

bronco militia
11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLGi1k-ToLXoxQALwsLH9FeT95Kq2llnff-cRdRyVcXqE6qscW

I should pick up one of these on $4.99 clearance and wear it to the next game just to test the theory. :)

:thanku::giggle::giggle:

I still see Clarrett jerseys on game days :rofl:

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
:thanku::giggle::giggle:

I still see Clarrett jerseys on game days :rofl:

I'm one of those. Best 5 dollars I ever spent.

RaiderH8r
11-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Mah! He peed a little.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-26-2012, 11:07 AM
btw this guy never quit on the team
http://mlblogsbaseballsnatcher.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/barrel20man20yell12.jpg rip sir lets win one more superbowl for him

canadianbroncosfan
11-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Tebow fans......unless its Tebow then blasphemy!!!!!

I call bull****.

I wore a Tebow jersey to the opening day Raiders game last year and got ragged on by Raider/Broncos fans alike when tailgating. Didn't hear anything at the end when the Stadium was chanting for Tebow to start.

Point is, regardless who's name is on who's jersey, when that person isn't up to snuff, people are going to talk ****, it's what people do. This is by no way exclusive to Tebow fans.

AKBroncofan
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
He should have just hung up the hat when they traded for Tebow. This will happen everywhere until Tebow actually goes to a team that starts him. When that happens his fan base will see that the guy can't be a QB in the NFL. Shout out to Elway for having a spine and getting rid of this guy.

Archer81
11-26-2012, 11:57 AM
He should have just hung up the hat when they traded for Tebow. This will happen everywhere until Tebow actually goes to a team that starts him. When that happens his fan base will see that the guy can't be a QB in the NFL. Shout out to Elway for having a spine and getting rid of this guy.

Wow. Totally right. I mean, the backup QB on a struggling team is never more popular than the starter in tough losses...

JakeZ01
11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
I like tebow. But thats because I'm not a moron.

gunns
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Poor Ed. Sounds like he's experiencing last years OM, but in public.

BroncoBeavis
11-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Wow. Totally right. I mean, the backup QB on a struggling team is never more popular than the starter in tough losses...

Sanchez is just super unfortunate that he was hit with the double-whammy of fanatical Teboners just when he thought he'd finally rid himself of those rabidly incorrigible Brunellingians.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/23/the-jets-give-mark-brunell-first-team-snaps/

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Can't buy a 32oz soda in New York. Thanks Tebowmania.

RedskinBronco
11-26-2012, 07:51 PM
This is so pathetic. So what if Fireman Ed is wearing a Sanchez jersey.

I really doubt that Fireman Ed was the instigator in these altercations. This is also not about Tebow, it's classless and absolute trash fans who shouldn't even be allowed at games.

This is so pathetic. I feel bad for Fireman Ed and I also hope Tebow gets the **** out of NY. He doesn't deserve this BS either and frankly neither does Sanchez.

DivineLegion
11-26-2012, 08:15 PM

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8675816&city=newyork

He wore Sanchizes jersey not just for support of his starting QB, but for their similar backgrounds as sons of fire fighters as well. This is also the first season he's worn a Sanchize jersey.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 08:21 PM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key%5Bname%5D,value%5BANALZONE%5D&set=key%5Bnumber%5D,value%5B15%5D&set=key%5Bdisplaysize%5D,value%5B500%5D&load=url%5Bhttp://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/pNFL-12530868_customback.chain%5D

Christmas recommendation for fireman Ed.

errand
11-26-2012, 09:33 PM
If I was a Jets fan, I would tell him not to let the door hit him in the butt on his way out.

That said - Tebow fans - ugh!

I like Tebow, the person. Last year was one I will always fondly remember. But good riddance to the whole process!

He said he's still going to the games...he'll just move to another section and not wear the helmet.....so he's not giving up on the team. He's just tired of having to put up with the circus

errand
11-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Oh, you poor little man....you think it's the jersey that causes everyone to laugh at you don't you?

errand
11-26-2012, 09:53 PM

What did Weber ever do to you?

BroncoBeavis
11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
What did Weber ever do to you?

Simms actually. But thanks for playing.

BroncoBeavis
11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
He said he's still going to the games...he'll just move to another section and not wear the helmet.....so he's not giving up on the team. He's just tired of having to put up with the circus

The fake fireman who scrambles up his buddy's back to lead Jests cheers is tired of the circus too.

Where are all the people who just hate to suck?

Taco John
11-26-2012, 11:55 PM
The fake fireman who scrambles up his buddy's back to lead Jests cheers is tired of the circus too.

Where are all the people who just hate to suck?

They're in Kansas City.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-27-2012, 01:20 AM
why are Tebow fans stuck on hyper drive stupid. i was a fan of Tebow but i wasnt obsessed to a level like macgruder and his fellow crazy fans who are on the verge of being crazy stalkers . hope Tebow has 911 on speed dial some of his fans are just insane

RedskinBronco
11-27-2012, 05:39 AM
why are Tebow fans stuck on hyper drive stupid. i was a fan of Tebow but i wasnt obsessed to a level like macgruder and his fellow crazy fans who are on the verge of being crazy stalkers . hope Tebow has 911 on speed dial some of his fans are just insane

See I don't see this as Tebow fans being obsessed. IMO, this is classless trash people looking for an excuse to act like morons.

DivineLegion
11-27-2012, 05:55 AM
See I don't see this as Tebow fans being obsessed. IMO, this is classless trash people looking for an excuse to act like morons.

Despite being a pure fellow Timmy is batting 100% on the trashy fan following, what could it mean?!?! The only thing that is saving us from Armagedon is Merrill Hodges unwillingness to join the bandwagon.

Agamemnon
11-27-2012, 10:52 AM
So some Jets/Tebow fans have decided to act like assholes and that's Tebow's fault? Hilarious!

StugotsIII
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM

"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote."

I've had dealings with this guy before....he does not respect other fans...he tries to be a loud mouth bully and it's all backfiring now.

The guy is a classless hack.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Poor Ed. Sounds like he's experiencing last years OM, but in public.

Rep!

NUB
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't think is wholly about Tebow so much as it is about how bad Sanchez sucks. And I like Sanchez. I thought he'd turn out this season like Eli Manning, but he has completely regressed and lost his composure. Tebow is a way better fit for that offense right now and I don't think I could buy any argument to the contrary. But it appears Rex Ryan is gonna captain that ship to the bottom of the ocean no matter what. Jets'll probably clean house come the end of the season. Dunno who they'd go after in this flimsy draft, though.

Taco John
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't think is wholly about Tebow so much as it is about how bad Sanchez sucks. And I like Sanchez. I thought he'd turn out this season like Eli Manning, but he has completely regressed and lost his composure. Tebow is a way better fit for that offense right now and I don't think I could buy any argument to the contrary. But it appears Rex Ryan is gonna captain that ship to the bottom of the ocean no matter what. Jets'll probably clean house come the end of the season. Dunno who they'd go after in this flimsy draft, though.

Hard not to agree with that. I'm perplexed at why Tebow isn't starting yet. I guess it's not like the Orton situation where our investment in him was really minimal. Starting Tebow means the utter end of Sanchez, and zeroing out his trade value (is he a FA? not sure). Either way, though, I can't see how Rex Ryan makes it another season as their coach. I'd think this was a straw worth grasping for.

BroncoBeavis
11-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Hard not to agree with that. I'm perplexed at why Tebow isn't starting yet. I guess it's not like the Orton situation where our investment in him was really minimal. Starting Tebow means the utter end of Sanchez, and zeroing out his trade value (is he a FA? not sure). Either way, though, I can't see how Rex Ryan makes it another season as their coach. I'd think this was a straw worth grasping for.

Hard to believe but they just reinked Sanchez this offseason. For way more than anyone else would be willing to take on.

JakeZ01
11-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Sanchez is the reason they suck.watch a jets game. If I wore a josh mcdaniels jersey to mile high, I wouldn't **** out about the abuse.it's deserved. Sanchez is the orton of the east...if I were a jets fan I would be livid. Let tebow play...

SonOfLe-loLang
11-28-2012, 09:00 AM
"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote."

I've had dealings with this guy before....he does not respect other fans...he tries to be a loud mouth bully and it's all backfiring now.

The guy is a classless hack.

Yeah, ive heard a bunch of stories about him squashing anyone who tries to get in on his power. Not to mention, the free tix and such.

I used to go to Jets games in the 1980's (he was around, but it was pre-fireman), but there was a guy in a klecko jersey that used to lead the chant on the other side of the field. That poor guy got nothing! Anyone from the tri-state area remember him? He used to wave a towel to signal the cheer was coming

Rohirrim
11-28-2012, 09:08 AM
I haven't watched Sanchez enough to know about all the attacks on him, but I did watch the Jets game against Miami a few weeks ago. What stood out to me was how many dropped passes there were and how many times his receivers were in the wrong place. It was kind of startling. I don't see Sanchez getting any help out of that offense. Maybe that's why Ryan doesn't go with Tebow. He realizes it wouldn't make any difference because his players on offense suck. Sanchez' top receivers are Stephen Hill and Jeremy Kerley. His top TE is Konrad Reulan. Who the **** is that? You might ask. ;D

Taco John
11-28-2012, 09:24 AM
I've had Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" pumping through my head for the last three days now, with, of course, the replacement lyric being "Anal Zone." I think I'm about to go crazy.

Archer81
11-28-2012, 09:30 AM
I've had Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" pumping through my head for the last three days now, with, of course, the replacement lyric being "Anal Zone." I think I'm about to go crazy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8vuZ8jSVNUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
11-28-2012, 09:39 AM

Do you sing it with that sweet falsetto note... "Highway ^TOOOOOOOO the Anal Zooooowuwoooone.... gonna take a ride...."

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2012, 11:58 AM
speakin of ass hole Tebow fans does anyone else think macgruder future has him buying a 38 and a copy of the catcher in the rye

broncocalijohn
11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, ive heard a bunch of stories about him squashing anyone who tries to get in on his power. Not to mention, the free tix and such.

I used to go to Jets games in the 1980's (he was around, but it was pre-fireman), but there was a guy in a klecko jersey that used to lead the chant on the other side of the field. That poor guy got nothing! Anyone from the tri-state area remember him? He used to wave a towel to signal the cheer was coming

Sounds a lot like The Leprauchan for Denver but I hope to God Broncos never give that Jackhole anything of value as his most prized asset for himself is being shown on the big screen. Makes me miss Barrel Man more and more. Great guy and was about being a great fan and making everyone have that home field advantage feeling.

broncocalijohn
11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
speakin of a-hole Tebow fans does anyone else think macgruder future has him buying a 38 and a copy of the catcher in the rye

I really think he will watch The Fan with Snipes and think that is a good idea for his love affair with Tebow. At least MacGruder left within days of his departure. Let us hope he is gone for good.

Popps
11-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah, this guy put himself in the limelight. So, in a place like NY... shouldn't be surprised that it just might backfire.

That said, I also sort of understand his point. People are getting killed in NFL stadium parking lots these days. I wouldn't put my life on the line for Mark Sanchez, either... no matter how much I loved my team.

As for Tebow, he is what he is. But don't tell me if he was inserted as a starter that you wouldn't watch. We all would... just to see what happened. Can you blame Jets fans for being upset that the kind never saw the field considering the train-wreck they're watching?

In any case, it's just nice to be free of a QB controversy, finally.

Mile High Mojoe
11-28-2012, 01:56 PM

This

Beantown Bronco
11-28-2012, 02:15 PM
As for Tebow, he is what he is. But don't tell me if he was inserted as a starter that you wouldn't watch. We all would... just to see what happened.

I'd watch.....but not until halfway through the fourth quarter.

Old Dude
11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Sanchez isn't very good, but he's just part of the problem there.

They don't have a legitimate pass-rusher and with Reevis out, their secondary has been exposed.

They took a big hit on the O-Line and their "power" running game has fizzled.

Sanchez lost his best receiver and no one has stepped up. Except for opposing defensive backs who are stepping up to grab the INTs.

Add in all the media scrutiny they invite (as if being in that market wasn't bad enough to begin with).

If Tebow hadn't had damaged ribs, I think they might have given him a shot last week. But I don't think anyone could do much with that team right now.

The funny thing is that they have a pretty soft schedule from here on out and could still stumble to three more wins - just enough to drop them out of prime drafting position.

It would be a really sad situation if I gave a damn.

errand
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM

not sure what "power" he has....but then again some "fans" can become somewhat iconic like the Hogs in Washington, the Crazy Ray in Dallas, Barrelman in Denver, and that fat slob Big Dawg Thompson in Cleveland.

And I think they are regular season ticket holders, and don't get a hand out from the team or the owner....now maybe he gets free sodas or nachos, but that's nothing much in my opinion....afterall one of the reasons he's stopping his schtick is due to people thinking he's on the Jets payroll.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-28-2012, 05:10 PM
not sure what "power" he has....but then again some "fans" can become somewhat iconic like the Hogs in Washington, the Crazy Ray in Dallas, Barrelman in Denver, and that fat slob Big Dawg Thompson in Cleveland.

And I think they are regular season ticket holders, and don't get a hand out from the team or the owner....now maybe he gets free sodas or nachos, but that's nothing much in my opinion....afterall one of the reasons he's stopping his schtick is due to people thinking he's on the Jets payroll.

My best guess is he wears the Sanchez jersey because the team asked him to

he's most certainly on the payroll...he's been featured in their in stadium videos and such

RhymesayersDU
11-28-2012, 06:25 PM
My best guess is he wears the Sanchez jersey because the team asked him to

he's most certainly on the payroll...he's been featured in their in stadium videos and such

He claims he isn't. Also, more than a few Broncos fans appear in Broncos videos. Notably DiscoMan. I don't think (but don't know for sure) they're paid. I guess my point is being in a video doesn't guarantee a check.

RedskinBronco
11-28-2012, 06:26 PM
If it's true that he is a bully, then he deserves what he got.

I don't know the guy, but if he instigating then he is just as classless as any asshole instigating him.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-28-2012, 11:29 PM
He claims he isn't. Also, more than a few Broncos fans appear in Broncos videos. Notably DiscoMan. I don't think (but don't know for sure) they're paid. I guess my point is being in a video doesn't guarantee a check.

Of course he won't say he is, but I'd be willing to bet he is. And most jet fans assume the same. And these videos were fireman Ed centric. Not shot at games

DenverBrit
11-29-2012, 09:01 AM

Elway's last home game. Not the prettiest, but a sentimental win. :thumbsup:

errand
11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Of course he won't say he is, but I'd be willing to bet he is. And most jet fans assume the same. And these videos were fireman Ed centric. Not shot at games

So you really don't know, do you?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-29-2012, 12:47 PM
So you really don't know, do you?

I never claimed i did? oh, i see why you said that, but I was just making an assumption. And i assume it to be true.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Some sports teams don't like the attention a fan can bring. Look at Clipper Darrell. L.A. Told him to put a lid on his passion for the clippers.

v2micca
11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Just how bad are things for the Jets right now.....Well, bad enough that NY Daily News sports writer Filip Bondy has apparently given up writing about them and is so desperate for content he submits detailed fantasies of the the Jets having lured Peyton Manning this past off season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1210632 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/bondy-missing-mann-article-1.1210632)

That's pretty sad.

Blueflame
11-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Just how bad are things for the Jets right now.....Well, bad enough that NY Daily News sports writer Filip Bondy has apparently given up writing about them and is so desperate for content he submits detailed fantasies of the the Jets having lured Peyton Manning this past off season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1210632 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/bondy-missing-mann-article-1.1210632)

That's pretty sad.

Every team that expressed interest in acquiring Manning has to be looking at the Broncos' huge offensive improvement and thinking "What if..."

The situation the Jest are in was entirely predictable... most of us saw it coming months ago. Even though Tebow isn't a good enough QB to win the starting job outright, his presence on the bench behind an "almost-certain-to-struggle" starter was always going to result in a QB controversy and chaos for the team, its management and its fans.

The article pretty much validated Elway's judgment and hints at a wish that he'd been the one making the decisions for the Jest.