PDA

View Full Version : Need more pass rush...............

Jetmeck
11-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Should have malled Quinn with that patchwork Oline they had today.....................

When this disappears we struggle and a lack of pass rush in the playoffs spell Doom for us. Just ask Tom what he thinks ?

Von Doom need to get on a tear these last few games.

theAPAOps5
11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Not sure if you noticed but they have been on a tear. Except for today they were negated by dink and dunk

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
YEah I saw the pass rush going at Quinn all game he did a good job getting rid of the ball and he checked down a lot. Plus the Chiefs stuck with the running game which will always help your pass protection.

Jetmeck
11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
yOU GUYS ARE FUNNY.................so we are ****ed in NE then.....................

AboveAverage
11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
They were more concerned with playing scared than trying to win the game.

- Conservative play calling
- 3 step drops
- 1 read throws
- Overly committed to the running game

All of this neutralized our pass rush, and scored 9 points. Congratulations Romeo, enjoy next year as a defensive backs coach.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Hard to get sacks when it's all run plays. Quinn was afraid. No better play to prove this than the screen play dumervil blew up.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 08:57 PM
yOU GUYS ARE FUNNY.................so we are ****ed in NE then.....................

Well, actually yes we are unless the offense comes to play. Denver will need to score 30+ on NE because their offense is so good. The last time they played that was not the defenses' fault. The offense needed to step up and play better and like they did most of the first half of the season they started slow.

KipCorrington25
11-25-2012, 09:00 PM
This game won't be going in the time capsule for future generations to understand the game... if it was the game would be abolished. Half the team mailed it in today and hopefully this is a wake up call.

jutang
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
9 pts not low enough for you?
Offense couldn't score any pts and with Prater missing the 2 FGs the Chiefs never were in obvious passing situations.

DBroncos4life
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Great thread. 2 sacks in 25 drop backs plus another 3 holding calls because our pass rushers would have sacked Quinn.

bronco militia
11-25-2012, 09:11 PM

Probably.....I think teams that attack the broncos front seven will eventually find huge holes to exploit. The chiefs almost got away with it.

bronco militia
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
But the pass rush was good today. Too bad the broncos couldn't force the chiefs into more passing situations.

And once again, I thought doom was the best pass rusher in the 4th quarter.

Mogulseeker
11-25-2012, 09:19 PM
We also didn't rush Von much today.

bronco militia
11-25-2012, 09:23 PM
We also didn't rush Von much today.

Von got caught inside on too many runs today. His lack of discipline created some big running lanes

Archer81
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Denver won today, right?

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
11-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Denver won today, right?

No they didn't score 56 like on Madden.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:16 PM
No they didn't score 56 like on Madden.

Well ****. Season's over I guess.

lonestar
11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
9 pts not low enough for you?
Offense couldn't score any pts and with Prater missing the 2 FGs the Chiefs never were in obvious passing situations.

Considering IIRC they have had only 4 TDs all year?

9 is to many.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Denver won today, right?

You know the Mane isnt satisfied until there's a Td on every drive and 3 sacks on every defensive stand. Oh, and super bowl teams never have off days. They play flawless football every second of every quarter.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 10:45 PM

9 is to many.

At least they didn't add to their TD total at all. I'm not too worried about 9 given up. More worried about the 17 put out. Offense seems to be sputtering last few games. Couple cylinders aren't firing.

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM

9 is to many.

Most points they have scored the last 5 weeks is 16. Which still means 17 would have been enough to win today...

Archer81
11-25-2012, 10:53 PM
You know the Mane isnt satisfied until there's a Td on every drive and 3 sacks on every defensive stand. Oh, and super bowl teams never have off days. They play flawless football every second of every quarter.

WOT? You mean Denver LOST games during their superbowl runs?

BLASPHEMY!

pricejj
11-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Should have malled Quinn with that patchwork Oline they had today.....................

When this disappears we struggle and a lack of pass rush in the playoffs spell Doom for us. Just ask Tom what he thinks ?

Von Doom need to get on a tear these last few games.

I don't care that Von didn't get a million pressures today. He needs to rest up a bit for the playoffs. I could care less if he breaks the single-season sack record, as long as we win the SuperBowl.

Am a lot more concerned that teams who run a lot, such as the Chiefs and Patriots can run at will against the Broncos Defense.

HAT
11-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Denver will be lucky to win 4 games all year and there is no way in hell they beat Pitt week 1.

/lonelystar_bronco jhzz beef curtains

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-25-2012, 11:15 PM
if they went for it on 4th and yard or inches like a desperate team should of done they could of maybe scored a couple of field goals maybe ,but they went with punts instead .1-9 and the season is over what is there to lose.
none the less we won they lost so ha

SoCalBronco
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Bjoern Werner is a great pass rusher, but I think he'll definitely be in the first round if he comes out and I don't think we're going to use our top pick on an end.

lonestar
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Denver will be lucky to win 4 games all year and there is no way in hell they beat Pitt week 1.

/lonelystar_bronco jhzz beef curtains

Just another juvelinile post.

I never said we will be LUCKY to win 4 games.

IIRC I said I thought that would be our win total, considering learning totally new schems on both sides of the LOS.

Considering at the time we had the 2nd hardest schedule,

Considering PM has one of the most complex offenses he runs in the NFL and getting the offense on the same wave length would be tough before the bye week. If at all this season, they one 3 players on O that had a clue was Stokely, Tamme and PM. That leaves 8 other players plus subs to get into the swing.

Our WRs last year were less than stellar because of the scheme we ran and bth needed to learn precision in the routes. Not to mention that DT still did not know the full route tree.

I guessed that we would win top end 7-9 games if a lot of pieces fell together just right.

As for PIT I thought they would be more motivated than they showed up being. But then again a good portion if their starters were not playing again either.

Research it asshat and disprove this post.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-25-2012, 11:23 PM
also the DEFENSE didnt let them score any TD. excellent day for them dont you think

Action
11-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Just another juvelinile post.

I never said we will be LUCKY to win 4 games.

IIRC I said I thought that would be our win total, considering learning totally new schems on both sides of the LOS.

Considering at the time we had the 2nd hardest schedule,

Considering PM has one of the most complex offenses he runs in the NFL and getting the offense on the same wave length would be tough before the bye week. If at all this season, they one 3 players on O that had a clue was Stokely, Tamme and PM. That leaves 8 other players plus subs to get into the swing.

Our WRs last year were less than stellar because of the scheme we ran and bth needed to learn precision in the routes. Not to mention that DT still did not know the full route tree.

I guessed that we would win top end 7-9 games if a lot of pieces fell together just right.

As for PIT I thought they would be more motivated than they showed up being. But then again a good portion if their starters were not playing again either.

Research it asshat and disprove this post.

All this doesn't change the fact that you were completely WRONG.

Atwater His Ass
11-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Dink and dunk and constant running of the ball by KC. I'd be more concerned with Denver's lack of stopping the run when they knew it was coming than not getting a ton of pressure against a team not taking much chances passing the football.

lonestar
11-26-2012, 01:22 AM
All this doesn't change the fact that you were completely WRONG.

So I guess that every prediction you have made is correct.

I have admitted lots of times that ia was wrong. I have no issues doing that.

I made an educated guess not based on emotion like loads of kiddies on here do..

The latest about us kicking KCs ass.

I was afraid of a letdown and KC having loads of talent. What they lack is discipline and probably coaching. I have always picked KC to win late in the year in KC. Used to have a great loyal fan base, maybe not so much this year.

Any models I have based my opinions of have all been believing that it took manning players years to develop a symbiotic relationship with him.

Seems he has shortened it this year.

Yes I was wrong, but have logic on my side.. Crap happens.

2KBack
11-26-2012, 05:29 AM

9 is to many.

You recall poorly

Jesterhole
11-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Tough to sack the QB with the offense they ran. Quinn dropped back 25 times, and most of those were three step drops. We got 2 sacks, which is 15% of the pass plays, which isn't bad. Plus, they were running the ball with authortiy, so it's not like the rush could just tee up...

In the end, KC scored 9 points, so any critism of the defense needs to be tempered by the results.

CEH
11-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Tough to sack the QB with the offense they ran. Quinn dropped back 25 times, and most of those were three step drops. We got 2 sacks, which is 15% of the pass plays, which isn't bad. Plus, they were running the ball with authortiy, so it's not like the rush could just tee up...

In the end, KC scored 9 points, so any critism of the defense needs to be tempered by the results.

Did Brady complete a forward pass over 8 yards in the air? I remember a couple quick hitters inside the tackles but you're right he never really dropped back. When he did he just chucked it up to noone

As we saw it's pretty hard to go 80 yards with that type of offense. Something will unravel along the way