PDA

View Full Version : Which Bronco bugs you more: Knowshon or DJ?

montrose
11-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Hate, dislike, annoy, take your pick of the most applicable word.

Looking back through time, and culminating with some of the Moreno stuff today and DJ last week- I wonder what the pulse of the site is for these two relatively long-term Broncos.

Atwater His Ass
11-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Moreno by a land slide. He's never consistently produced. DJ is at least consistent if not spectacular and has worked hard playing adjusting for a different DC every year and playing all the LB positions.

I suppose if you're counting off field issues, obviously DJ wins that award.

baja
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
No bothered by either one.

KM has been humbled with his time on the scout team and inactive time.

They both are well liked by their team mates that is what matters to me.

BroncoMan4ever
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Did DJ even play today? I let slide those who contribute and Moreno had one of the best games of his career today. Granted he doesn't have many good games, but he stepped his game up.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Neither. Moreno came out the gate with a certain stench for me though. One because McDamnit pissed me off by drafting offense with his first ever pick, the other cause of KMs college team.

Atwater His Ass
11-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Did DJ even play today? I let slide those who contribute and Moreno had one of the best games of his career today. Granted he doesn't have many good games, but he stepped his game up.

DJ played at least a few snaps. He didn't make any plays and it's always hard to see who's in the game watching the TV feed.

Moreno was just average today for an NFL running back. Pretty sad if that is considered one of his better days. Honestly think that Moreno's NFL career is resting on how he performs the rest of this season. I would rate his day against KC as just enough to get the start next week. Nothing more, nothing less.

ZONA
11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
DJ played at least a few snaps. He didn't make any plays and it's always hard to see who's in the game watching the TV feed.

Moreno was just average today for an NFL running back. Pretty sad if that is considered one of his better days. Honestly think that Moreno's NFL career is resting on how he performs the rest of this season. I would rate his day against KC as just enough to get the start next week. Nothing more, nothing less.

What did you see from Moreno that he could have done better? Maybe a 2 or 3 plays but when yards were there I think he got them. When they weren't, pretty much no where to run. This OL is not really opening up many lanes recently.

baja
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM

He had some good runs and was very effective as a receiver. I though he had a good game. He hasn't been on the field for a long while and he has a lot of pressure on him as he is well aware this is his last shot. I give him a solid B

Atwater His Ass
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
What did you see from Moreno that he could have done better? Maybe a 2 or 3 plays but when yards were there I think he got them. When they weren't, pretty much no where to run. This OL is not really opening up many lanes recently.

He still hesitates that he LOS way too much for me. Granted he got limited reps in the game and had a few 10ish yard runs called back for holding, so I'll give him that and I like what I perceived as an increase in intensity from him.

I didn't say he played bad, but just average. He did well enough to earn the start for next week, but wasn't exceptionally great either.

gyldenlove
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Mike Adams is the only one who bothers me.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2012, 06:53 PM
DJ pisses me off more by his off the field crap and I think he is above average player. KM isnt worthy of his #14 pick and I only give him props on catching from the backfield and some decent blocking for the QB.

Swedish Extrovert
11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Moreno is frustrating to watch, but DJ is such an idiotic retard off the field, that it's hard to top.

Ratboy
11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't hate either of them. I think Moreno has been disappointing and not living up to his potential, but I still root for him. DJ has off the field issues, which is a huge negative, but I like him as a player.

ColoradoDarin
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM

Did you see where he tackled a KC OL instead of the RB today...

broncosteven
11-25-2012, 07:31 PM

Adams had a good game today, his stock has been dropping with me recently but he played one of his best games as a Bronco today.

gyldenlove
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Adams had a good game today, his stock has been dropping with me recently but he played one of his best games as a Bronco today.

His best game as a Bronco could be pretty poor - he has been a huge disappointment to me. He doesn't tackle well, he can't cover anyone, he is slow to diagnose and doesn't offer much run support. If Carter was healthy Adams would be getting splinters in his ass.

I thought he would be a decent all round safety with good fundamentals but lacking elite athleticism to make plays - which just isn't the case, his fundamental are ****.

broncosteven
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
KM pisses me off the most.

Dude's production has dropped ever since his rookie year. He consistently does the following: Dances in the backfield, runs up the backs of his blockers, trips over turf monsters, add to those facts that he does not have break away speed and thinks it is ok to drive drunk with plates that say "Sauced".

I would love to get some value out of him now that we need him. I sure hope he has his head out of his ass now that it is out that this is his last shot with the team.

lonestar
11-25-2012, 07:55 PM
He had some good runs and was very effective as a receiver. I though he had a good game. He hasn't been on the field for a long while and he has a lot of pressure on him as he is well aware this is his last shot. I give him a solid B

I was pleasantly surprised today Considering we played a damned good defense today.

IIRC he averaged over 4 yards a carry and was tripped up at least twice by his own men. I was not overly impressed by the OL blocking today.

That said DJ was a noshow today. I was not even sure he dressed today. But someone in the officlal DJ haters thread said he WR in a couple of plays.

lonestar
11-25-2012, 08:08 PM
KM pisses me off the most.

Dude's production has dropped ever since his rookie year. He consistently does the following: Dances in the backfield, runs up the backs of his blockers, trips over turf monsters, add to those facts that he does not have break away speed and thinks it is ok to drive drunk with plates that say "Sauced".

I would love to get some value out of him now that we need him. I sure hope he has his head out of his ass now that it is out that this is his last shot with the team.

I saw a lot. Of patience today setting up those decent blocks that he did have.

I know loads of folks hate the guy because Josh took him, but he is a decent RB ran with authority today IMO caught a few passes and while he he is not Ma Gahee I thought he looked good today. Much more than a third down RB that so many think he is.

That said I like BIG backs. 235+ guys that can take and give a beating.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
I do not have a problem with either of them. I guess I would have to say DJ because of his troubles. But he has stayed clean for quite awhile now so I am hoping he has turned the corner and is a better person now.

fontaine
11-26-2012, 04:59 AM

1. Stop tripping over his lineman - there were several runs where he just trips over his own lineman, TEs, and it just looks stupid and takes away any momentum.
2. Stop rolling up on the back of his blockers' knees. I think it was Koppen that was yelling at Moreno at the end of a play where he just rolled and fell right into the back of his knees. He kept doing the same against Dreessen as well.
3. Run north and south. How many times did you see Moreno fall, twist, or even run/stumble backwards?

The OL DID create holes except on the last drive when it was clear to everyone we were running out the clock. Except Moreno couldn't capitalize on even a single run because he was constantly running with no balance or feet.

I don't hate Moreno this season, he is what he is and that's a limited back who's got very poor feet and vision.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2012, 05:52 AM
They are both great people, but their fans are intolerable and dangerous. Legions of Morenomania zombies -- in a giant circlejerk over an 80 yard performance against the LolChiefs -- caused a massive pilot whale beaching due to the ultrasonic shockwave from their collective fapping.

TonyR
11-26-2012, 05:58 AM

Agree he's been a bit of a disappointment overall but he had a pretty good game against KC.

socalorado
11-26-2012, 06:41 AM
1. Stop tripping over his lineman - there were several runs where he just trips over his own lineman, TEs, and it just looks stupid and takes away any momentum.
2. Stop rolling up on the back of his blockers' knees. I think it was Koppen that was yelling at Moreno at the end of a play where he just rolled and fell right into the back of his knees. He kept doing the same against Dreessen as well.
3. Run north and south. How many times did you see Moreno fall, twist, or even run/stumble backwards?

The OL DID create holes except on the last drive when it was clear to everyone we were running out the clock. Except Moreno couldn't capitalize on even a single run because he was constantly running with no balance or feet.

I don't hate Moreno this season, he is what he is and that's a limited back who's got very poor feet and vision.

Yes, yes and yes.

Also, could someone in Denver next time you see slowshon tell him to stop dancing like an idiot when he gets a 1st down? Just the most rank, bush league, stupid, basketball through the legs idiocy from a true moron.
Just pathetic.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 07:06 AM
DJ endangered the lives of other people with his irresponsible behavior. Knowshon is just a spaz who loses his shoe all the time and gets tackled by turf. He works hard and does what he's supposed to. On the field DJ is better than Knowshon. But at least Knowshon doesn't repeatedly risk killing people.

Vine
11-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Need vagina sliding stone hands Decker in this poll.

lonestar
11-26-2012, 07:10 AM
I do not have a problem with either of them. I guess I would have to say DJ because of his troubles. But he has stayed clean for quite awhile now so I am hoping he has turned the corner and is a better person now.

You have no idea if he has stayed clean while suspended or not. Not even sure they test during that time frame.

But a leopard rarely changes his spots. We know of TWO DUIs how many others has he done without getting caught? Do you really think he has never driven after drinking except those two times?

Since he was taking PEDs then no doubt there will be a drop off in production after a period of time. How much? Time will tell..

Since he has never been the sharpest or straightest arrow in the quiver is he suddenly going get smart?

He was best at his WLB spot. It is unlikely he will beat WW out for the starting spot there.

He is due 7.7 mil next year, which he will never see considering he is not a all pro LB like mikey thought he was when he resigned him. He is good but not the good:

so he is traded (new team re does his contract).
We redo his contract commensurate with backup status.
they trade WW to make room for him
he is cut and we start a new era pretty much mikey free. (I say this because I think they do resign Clady because epoch the money he will want)

Yes I know that Kuper was mikeys but they saw fit to resign him and he was not top three pick anyway.

If he gets any playing time it is for trade purposes IMO.

cutthemdown
11-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Adams played well two weeks in a row IMO. He had covered gates a few times vs SD very well.

fontaine
11-26-2012, 03:03 PM
In fairness though, Moreno did bring a welcome burst of speed in the passing game and solid pass protection.

I just hope he stays healthy so he can have an extended run to show what he can do because having another player step up would be huge for us.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Adams played well two weeks in a row IMO. He had covered gates a few times vs SD very well.

Adams had a spectacular bat down in endzone. Can't ask for much more from the guy.

There are a few reasons why the Defense is #8 in scoring, and Adams is one of them.

pricejj
11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Stonehands Decker came up with some nice grabs against the Chiefs...and dropped a couple too.

Just when you are about to completely write him off, he comes through.

Bacchus
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
DJ endangered the lives of other people with his irresponsible behavior. Knowshon is just a spaz who loses his shoe all the time and gets tackled by turf. He works hard and does what he's supposed to. On the field DJ is better than Knowshon. But at least Knowshon doesn't repeatedly risk killing people.

I would bet 90% of the people in this forum have drunk and drove at some point. I'll bet Knowshon has done it too so this your reasoning is probably wrong unless you just mean because DJ got caught.