PDA

View Full Version : Robert Ayers plays hours after learning of his fatherís death

BigPlayShay
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/25/robert-ayers-plays-hours-learning-fathers-death/17122/

Props to Ayers for playing through this with, I'm sure, a ton on his mind.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I remember when Keith Traylor played in the playoff game against KC in 1997 after learning his mother had died.

spdirty
11-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow. I couldn't do that. When my dad dies I'll be a mess for who knows how long. Well God bless him and his family.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow. I couldn't do that. When my dad dies I'll be a mess for who knows how long. Well God bless him and his family.

My dad died in 2001. Its surprisingly not that big a deal. It is when it happens but it is amazing how fast things go back to normal. The world keeps turning and life goes on.

Requiem
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Prayers for Robert and his family. Play in memory of him now!

Lestat
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
My dad died in 2001. Its surprisingly not that big a deal. It is when it happens but it is amazing how fast things go back to normal. The world keeps turning and life goes on.

cold as that sounds it's very true.
as much as sulking may seem to be the ideal thing, you can't do anything for them by being a mess.
the world doesn't stop for your pain and will have no sympathy for you.

the best thing you can do is cherish the time you had with them, honor their memory as best you can and hope that they're in a better place.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
as much as sulking may seem to be the ideal thing, you can't do anything for them by being a mess.

the best thing you can do is cherish the time you had with them, honor their memory as best you can and hope that they're in a better place.

Yeah, you still have bills to pay, still have to go to work and still have to be with your family.

spdirty
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Oh, not for me. My dad is my best friend, my boss, the man I look up to. Relationships are different for everyone, but it would be tough for me. Hope it doesn't happen for at least another 20-30 years.

Orange4Life
11-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I could tell in pregame he was extra fired up. In the tunnel before they came out he slammed his helmet on the ground. I wondered what was up.

HILife
11-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family.

broncosteven
11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Sorry for his loss. He obviously had a lot on his mind.

Hope he finds peace.

Atwater His Ass
11-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Don't know his relationship with his dad, but assuming it was good, that's a tough day for him out there.

SouthStndJunkie
11-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh, not for me. My dad is my best friend, my boss, the man I look up to. Relationships are different for everyone, but it would be tough for me. Hope it doesn't happen for at least another 20-30 years.

My dad passed away a little over a year ago and we were very tight.

It really sucks, but you've got no choice but to trudge forward.

It still bothers me a lot, but not a damn thing is going to change it.

Enjoy all the time you get to spend with him.

ZONA
11-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Understood. But there is this thing called grieving and it's totally fine if a person has to go through that emotional period for a little bit of time. We're not machines you know.

Jason in LA
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
This is an interesting topic. I guess every relationship is different. My father is 87. If he had abruptly passed away back when I was a child, it would have been extremely tough to get through, because I would have been younger and because it would not have been his time. If it happened now, it would be very tough, but I'd be able to manage because I know the end is going to come. Really looking at it, it's great he's still here, and he doesn't have any major health problems. He still drives well and is very active. Makes a few trips to Vegas a year. Damn, dude might be balling harder than I am. lol

Looking at my son, who is in the 11th grade, if I abruptly passes away, I think he'd be a mess. Like, it would screw up his world. That doesn't mean that my relationship with him is tighter than my relationship with my father. It's just at a different stage. I'm extremely involved in my son's life, and there are a few things that could really fall apart if I was all of a sudden out of the picture. 50 years from now, it would be a different story. He'd be sad, but I'm sure he'd be able to keep it pushing.

He plays football. If I abruptly passes away I'd hope he'd still play in the game, and play great.

fontaine
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Hope he gets through this ok.

His team mates were playing for him and it was great to see Manning and Co appreciate him on the sidelines.

Smiling Assassin27
11-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Hope he gets through this ok.

His team mates were playing for him and it was great to see Manning and Co appreciate him on the sidelines.

Couple of Tennessee Volunteers...Peyton's a classic leader. Cutler'd already be in the shower.

Kaylore
11-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Bump. Of course it's just on page two.

I'm sorry to hear his father passed away. I can't even imagine if my Father died suddenly.

Bronco Yoda
11-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Wow. That would be a tough thing to do.