PDA

View Full Version : Poll - How did KM hurt his Groin?

broncosteven
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
I got the email of the Bronco's injury report yesterday and saw this:
DENVER BRONCOS
QUESTIONABLE: CB Omar Bolden - Concussion.
PROBABLE: DE Robert Ayers - Groin; TE Virgil Green - Hamstring; G Chris Kuper - Ankle; RB Ronnie Hillman - Hamstring; WR Demaryius Thomas - Knee; RB Knowshon Moreno - Groin; CB Tracy Porter - Illness. DE Derek Wolfe - Quadriceps.

I was wondering how a guy who has been inactive the last 8 games is listed as probable so I thought I would start a poll to see what everyone thought was the cause for his injury.

Here are the poll options:

Turf monster strained it during practice
Ayers has the same injury, maybe we don't want to know...?
Koppen kicked him in the groin after he ran up his back in practice
Got "Sauced" and tripped over SOB's Dog (i.e. It's Grieses Fault)
Strained it dancing in the backfield
Fox kicked him in the groin for fumbling
Too much time on the Exercycle
NFL Uniforms are hard to put on
Strained it laughing all the way to the bank.
kFc Sucks KM will bust off 250 yards Sunday groin or no groin!

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Chronic intractable vaginitis.

razorwire77
11-24-2012, 11:26 AM
What's the over-under on the number of carries Moreno gets against the Chefs before he grabs said groin muscle, pulls himself out and spends the rest of the time on the bike? I'm going with two as the over.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-24-2012, 11:57 AM
What i don't understand is how some people think he isnt injury prone. Dude always has a groin or hammy pull

Jetmeck
11-24-2012, 12:06 PM
I mentioned this in another thred but he will go tomorrow and he plays well against the Chiefs and should go off against this pathetic version of the Chiefs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I mentioned this in another thred but he will go tomorrow and he plays well against the Chiefs and should go off against this pathetic version of the Chiefs.

I hope so. Only 3 backs and a groin can tweak at any time without any contact. Even hillman came up gimpy last week. You're right good thing it's the chiefs. Just hope they don't overlook them preparing for TB

Rohirrim
11-24-2012, 12:13 PM
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap...

errand
11-24-2012, 12:17 PM
how could he have injured his groin?

I'm guessing he practiced this week like everyone else on the team did?

Ya know, they do wear pads and actually tackle each other in practice too, right?

KipCorrington25
11-24-2012, 12:30 PM
What's the over-under on the number of carries Moreno gets against the Chefs before he grabs said groin muscle, pulls himself out and spends the rest of the time on the bike? I'm going with two as the over.

Or tapping his helmet to come out because he's winded after a tackle for loss.

Broncomutt
11-24-2012, 12:56 PM
In before Beantown reminds us he's statistically the greatest running back ever over a 18 month period....and he never fumbles.

Jetmeck
11-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Groin injury is ironic...............this guy is being called out....as in do you have a pair ?

Show up...Knowshon

Agamemnon
11-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Since he's listed as probable I tend to think it's nothing, but the dude really needs to start doing yoga or some other flexibility routine.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2012, 01:08 PM
If you are pinning your hopes on Knowshow becoming suddenly productive, prepare to be disappointed.

broncosteven
11-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I just hit 27,000 posts in this thread. I think it is is a sign that he will have a break out game Sunday...or bust out and get cut, still not sure.

Mogulseeker
11-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I picked:

Got "Sauced" and tripped over SOB's Dog (i.e. It's Grieses Fault)
Strained it dancing in the backfield
or
Too much time on the Exercycle

and
kFc Sucks KM will bust off 250 yards Sunday groin or no groin!

ZONA
11-24-2012, 01:39 PM
If you are pinning your hopes on Knowshow becoming suddenly productive, prepare to be disappointed.

I don't think anybody is pinning their hopes on him. We just know that we don't exactly have a nice stable of healthy backs right now.

Who else should we hope for? Hillman? Too small to take a full load and run between the tackles on a consistent basis. Ball? Should we place our faith in Ball? KM simply has the most versatility of all the backs on the roster right now. I'm not pinning my hopes on KM but I don't think we have much choice right now. We have to hope all 3 guys can get it done by committee.

Beantown Bronco
11-24-2012, 02:18 PM
In before Beantown reminds us he's statistically the greatest running back ever over a 18 month period....and he never fumbles.

Interesting. Never said anything close to either of those, but keep trying.

Beantown Bronco
11-24-2012, 02:22 PM
What i don't understand is how some people think he isnt injury prone. Dude always has a groin or hammy pull

Rookie year: 0 games missed to injury
2nd year: 3 games missed to injury
This year: 0 games missed to injury

I guess we're re-defining "injury prone" if one major injury last year that cost him a good chunk of the season makes him so.

Aftermath
11-24-2012, 02:28 PM
who f*&kin' cares?

Lolad
11-24-2012, 02:28 PM

I guess we're re-defining "injury prone" if one major injury last year that cost him a good chunk of the season makes him so.

He has been banged up his entire career in Denver. Every time he's hit he comes up limp

DivineLegion
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Chronic intractable vaginitis.

Why is this not an option!?!?!?!?!?

:giggle:

cabronco
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Or tapping his helmet to come out because he's winded after a tackle for loss.

LOL If they can get any kind of a positive game out of KM, it would be a big plus. I have never seen a rb tap out as much as Knowshon, it must be the lateral movement that tires him, I sure havent seen back to back big plays that usually warrants a rb coming out for a blow. I really hope he has a good game, and rest of the season because we need someone to step in and step up.

Beantown Bronco
11-24-2012, 02:32 PM
He has been banged up his entire career in Denver. Every time he's hit he comes up limp

More OMane myth.

One of the things I noted several times throughout Moreno's first two years was the way he always popped up super quickly after being hit and twisted/taken down in odd ways. It worried me because guys would still be holding on to his legs and it looked like he could get a sprained ankle that way. He never stayed down and always raced back to the huddle or sideline when he was relieved by C Buck.

Beantown Bronco
11-24-2012, 02:34 PM
I have never seen a rb tap out as much as Knowshon, it must be the lateral movement that tires him, I sure havent seen back to back big plays that usually warrants a rb coming out for a blow.

Watch any team that employs RBBC. It's hardly uncommon.

Broncomutt
11-24-2012, 03:16 PM
2009-- Denver Broncos running backs Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter have both been injured on the Broncos' first day of training camp.

2010-- Just as the previous season started, Moreno was injured. While running sprints, he injured his hamstring.

2011-- In three seasons, Moreno has missed 12 games due to several injuries, including a torn ACL that cost him the latter portion of the 2011 season. Thatís called injury prone.

Keep trying Bean.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-24-2012, 03:37 PM

All I remember is him coming up lame with hamstring issues with some of those games playing injured. Dude actually fell off an exercise bike.

Wasn't he injured right after he stopped holding out? I remember him coming out the gate hampered by a hamstring issue.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2012, 03:46 PM
More OMane myth.

One of the things I noted several times throughout Moreno's first two years was the way he always popped up super quickly after being hit and twisted/taken down in odd ways. It worried me because guys would still be holding on to his legs and it looked like he could get a sprained ankle that way. He never stayed down and always raced back to the huddle or sideline when he was relieved by C Buck.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0fvCOMn2z78/S73WhLACy1I/AAAAAAAADwI/jzwiVncV0Ek/s400/2.jpg

Don't stop. Beleeeviiinnnn...

Lestat
11-24-2012, 04:02 PM
what the **** did he do, get out of bed. i swear that dude gets hurt just stepping onto the field.

DENVERDUI55
11-24-2012, 04:42 PM

Sure maybe he didn't play in just 3 games but how many times did he play get hurt and not finish? That wouldn't show up in your cherrypicked stats. You don't get a label for no reason.

KipCorrington25
11-24-2012, 05:37 PM
2009-- Denver Broncos running backs Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter have both been injured on the Broncos' first day of training camp.

2010-- Just as the previous season started, Moreno was injured. While running sprints, he injured his hamstring.

2011-- In three seasons, Moreno has missed 12 games due to several injuries, including a torn ACL that cost him the latter portion of the 2011 season. Thatís called injury prone.

Keep trying Bean.

Not to mention he held out as a rookie and promptly got hurt in the first preseason game in SF.

OrangeSe7en
11-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Im holding out for the "What groin?" option.

broncocalijohn
11-24-2012, 05:58 PM

How many quarters did he miss? I know he has been injured during a game and then was back the next game.

Knuckle Dragger
11-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Groin injury is ironic...............this guy is being called out....as in do you have a pair ?

Show up...Knowshon

And hang on to the freakin ball :(

uplink
11-24-2012, 07:22 PM
He was about to gain more than three yards on a carry during 7-7 drills. Realizing this he got scared and tried to put on the breaks hurting his groin.

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2012, 09:24 PM
There is a difference between missing a start/game because of injury and taking yourself out because something is tweaked.. He takes himself out of the game a lot and limps around a lot, my perception could be wrong but that's what I remember.

Broncojef
11-24-2012, 10:34 PM
I can't remember a game where he didn't fumble and gimp out of the game.

Beantown Bronco
11-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Sure maybe he didn't play in just 3 games but how many times did he play get hurt and not finish? That wouldn't show up in your cherrypicked stats. You don't get a label for no reason.

Funny. I give cold hard stats.

Everyone on the other side of the fence gives "feelings and beliefs".

colorado jones
11-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Other- he tripped on his own flaccid labia.

DENVERDUI55
11-25-2012, 07:43 AM

No you give stats that don't tell whole story. Sure he has missed only 3 games but that does show games he started and sat out at least half of the game with a bruised vagina.

Beantown Bronco
11-25-2012, 08:22 AM
No you give stats that don't tell whole story. Sure he has missed only 3 games but that does show games he started and sat out at least half of the game with a bruised vagina.

And until anyone else can provide any empirical evidence of that happening in any statistically significant pattern, instead of simply providing anecdotal evidence, I win the "Omane myth" battle.

OrangeSe7en
11-25-2012, 09:11 AM
And until anyone else can provide any empirical evidence of that happening in any statistically significant pattern, instead of simply providing anecdotal evidence, I win the "Omane myth" battle.

You should really take down your Moreno poster...and take down your Mike Croel poster while you're at it.

Requiem
11-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Same usual suspects hating on Moreno, while their 300 pound guts hang over the buckles of their cowboy belts. Hahaha.

Beantown Bronco
11-25-2012, 11:31 AM
You should really take down your Moreno poster...and take down your Mike Croel poster while you're at it.

Great comeback. Solid evidence.

broncosteven
11-25-2012, 01:05 PM
He had a nice game vs team he has had his best 2 games against.

I am glad he came out and saved his job we needed his production today. He did trip a couple times today, but he didn't dance as much and when he did run up Franklin's back he made a cut and picked up 10.

The good thing is that he got the message that this was his last shot, he will never be a stud feature back but he can step in for one and contribute in the passing game.

Now I want him to continue to get better and help us win a SB.

DENVERDUI55
11-26-2012, 12:28 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/849145-knowshon-moreno-injury-oft-injured-rb-needs-reduced-role-in-broncos-offense

This is not the first time that Moreno has had problems with his hamstrings. He has battled various nagging injuries throughout his NFL career, but to his credit he has only missed three games in two seasons. There is a quote from the article.

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2012, 03:38 AM
Exactly what I said.