PDA

View Full Version : Broncos +10.5 over Chiefs

Bacchus
11-24-2012, 03:24 AM
http://bcove.me/jsg80yag

That .5 is always a dangerous # as it was when Denver was favored by 7.5 over S.D.

Check out the link above the guys seem to know what they are talking about.

In the past Denver has always been burned by the Chiefs at Arrowhead. I do think it will help that Chiefs fan is expecting a loss and if it starts to go bad they will turn on KC real fast.

I could see Denver winning 30-20 and not covering but then I wonder how in the heel KC is going to score 20 points.

Action
11-24-2012, 03:34 AM
Anything can happen in a football game (in regards to Chiefs scoring 20)... especially with our offense turning the damn ball over like it is. We spotted the Chargers 9 points last week on offense alone.

With that being said, it is crazy how the 49ers have had 4 games this year where they've allowed 6 points or less.

Bacchus
11-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Anything can happen in a football game (in regards to Chiefs scoring 20)... especially with our offense turning the damn ball over like it is. We spotted the Chargers 9 points last week on offense alone.

With that being said, it is crazy how the 49ers have had 4 games this year where they've allowed 6 points or less.

You are correct. I could see Denver winning 30-20 not covering the spread, the defense dominating the whole game and KC getting 10 cheap points..... But unlike most teams the Chiefs are worse than Denver turning the ball over of course most of that is Cassell.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Chiefs are going to go extremely run heavy with Quinn starting.

Romeo knows how to stop Manning.

Believe it or not this could be a low scoring game if the Chiefs don't turn it over.

Just kidding.

Donks 40, Chefs 10.

spiralism
11-24-2012, 07:28 AM
32-3. We don't run scores up and play a bit sloppy to do so when we have a big lead - see TD drives from NO, @ CAR, SD late on and OAK, which we could have easily broke 50.

Somewhat irritatingly, I've a fantasy matchup where i clinch playoffs with a win and Jamaal Charles is my main rb2 option. I don't want him to do well or expect him to...

DENVERDUI55
11-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Denver is actually -10.5. Double digit spreads in NFL can bite you because that is a lot of pts. Denver is that big of favorite on the road which doesn't happen much. I am taking them this week but I wouldn't be surprised to lose the bet.

Punisher
11-24-2012, 07:58 AM
24-20 Denver Wins.

Arrowhead is a rough place to play in even if their team is trash.

baja
11-24-2012, 08:12 AM
I think we got a good chance at beating the spread with all the injuries to KC's O line it will be very hard for them to score

lolcopter
11-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Denver wins 31-10

DENVERDUI55
11-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Big spreads suck. I took Atlanta to cover the 10 last week and AZ caused 2 TO immediately went up 10 to nothing and you spend whole game chasing the spread and end up losing by a few points.

bfoflcommish
11-24-2012, 08:43 AM
is there any way you can compare quinn to rivers, brees, newton?

can you see us not getting close to or over 30 like we've been over 5 weeks straight now?

i dont care about about how hard it has been playing in KC etc, Manning has offense in control, del rio and miller have defense under control, just do what they are supposed to do and the 10.5 could be covered twice.

i see a score about 31-13.

bfoflcommish
11-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Big spreads suck. I took Atlanta to cover the 10 last week and AZ caused 2 TO immediately went up 10 to nothing and you spend whole game chasing the spread and end up losing by a few points.

atlanta is overrated while arizona has a better than decent team. that spread was crazy to begin with. kc vs den is not in same ballpark

BowlenBall
11-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Any given Sunday... Absolutely everyone in the universe is picking Denver to win, and win big.

Ergo, Kansas City wins going away, 38-21.

baja
11-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Any given Sunday... Absolutely everyone in the universe is picking Denver to win, and win big.

the only way that happens is if manning were to get hurt so hush your mouth. ;D

v2micca
11-24-2012, 09:23 AM

Seriously, I hate this game because at this point in the season, the Chiefs aren't playing for anything and given the ugly situation with their fans may just be spoiling for a fight. I just want us to come out of this game with the win and without losing any more starters. Could care less if we covered.

baja
11-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Seriously, I hate this game because at this point in the season, the Chiefs aren't playing for anything and given the ugly situation with their fans may just be spoiling for a fight. I just want us to come out of this game with the win and without losing any more starters. Could care less if we covered.

I will go one step further. I would rather lose the game than have a key player injured for significant time.

lolcopter
11-24-2012, 09:54 AM

KC will be lucky to score 38 points for the remainder of the season

11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Donks D to Quinn:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lKfupO4ZzPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11-24-2012, 10:59 AM

This team is completely incapable of scoring 24, let alone 38, with Brady Quinn at QB.

We BENCHED Cassel last week and Quinn led us to 0 2nd half points. Not even in FG range.

BowlenBall
11-24-2012, 11:03 AM
This team is completely incapable of scoring 24, let alone 38, with Brady Quinn at QB.

We BENCHED Cassel last week and Quinn led us to 0 2nd half points. Not even in FG range.

No Bob, Brady Quinn is the second coming of...

... um....

...whichever quarterback Chiefs fans remember as being somewhat adequate.

Trent Green? Bill Kenney?

OBF1
11-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I have never been interested in a point spread, Count me happy with a Denver win of any size.

enjolras
11-24-2012, 11:45 AM

Nah.. Osweiler would still be the best QB on the field. Hell Decker might be the better option when compared to the crap the Chiefs have.

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2012, 01:55 PM
take the over

uplink
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
The only way the chiefs can win is if the QB plays an amazing game and the broncos screw things up. Cassel has played a very good game in his life while with New England. So at least there is some history of him playing well. So I think the only way the Chiefs win is if Cassel plays, albeit a small chance. If Quinn plays the whole game there is no chance the Chiefs win.

DENVERDUI55
11-24-2012, 05:45 PM
atlanta is overrated while arizona has a better than decent team. that spread was crazy to begin with. kc vs den is not in same ballpark

While Atlanta is maybe overrated a bit Arizona is awful. This is perfect example they got 5 ints and were never really in the ballgame. You could tell Atlanta was going to win the whole time. Decent teams don't lose 6 in a row.

Old Dude
11-24-2012, 06:00 PM
The Chiefs could be 5-5 if they weren't -21 in turnovers.

Then again, Nebraska could have great fresh seafood if it wasn't landlocked.

KipCorrington25
11-24-2012, 06:25 PM
The Chiefs could be 5-5 if they weren't -21 in turnovers.

Then again, Nebraska could have great fresh seafood if it wasn't landlocked.

Is that why the sheep there are so nervous? Hilarious!

cutthemdown
11-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Denver 55 Chorfs 13

dsmoot
11-24-2012, 08:38 PM

This is a division game where the other team is bruising for respect. They have nothing to lose and low expectations from every one. Not a good situation for Denver. This is a perfect setup for the Denver team to come out flat and breath life into the Chiefs. If they can get Charles going early and control the clock ... Watch out.

lonestar
11-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I have never been interested in a point spread, Count me happy with a Denver win of any size.

So size does not matter after all. Hilarious!

lonestar
11-24-2012, 11:45 PM
This is a division game where the other team is bruising for respect. They have nothing to lose and low expectations from every one. Not a good situation for Denver. This is a perfect setup for the Denver team to come out flat and breath life into the Chiefs. If they can get Charles going early and control the clock ... Watch out.

Good post.

I just hope that Manning has turned the team around from the old Broncos under former HCs that seem to get trapped by the lowest teams.

11-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Division games means **** for Pioli's Chiefs.

Broncos came into Arrowhead and kicked our ass in 2009. So did the Chargers.

In 2010 the Raiders kicked our ass at Arrowhead.

This is the best Broncos team in awhile against a very bad Chiefs team.

Rape city.

baja
11-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Pride is a powerful motivator, Chiefs players will show up for this game. Rather they can hang with us remains to be seen. Charles has been know to eat us alive.

Let's hope our players are not as cocky as some of the fans.

OBF1
11-25-2012, 02:54 PM
I think we got a good chance at beating the spread with all the injuries to KC's O line it will be very hard for them to score

How many pesos this cost you Hilarious!

Like I stated earlier, I will take a win even if by a last second field goal.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
VEGAS WINS AGAIN!!! LOL

Kaylore
11-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Vegas always wins.

bronco militia
11-25-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't think the broncos have proved week in and week out to be two score favorites....

dsmoot
11-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Division games means **** for Pioli's Chiefs.

Broncos came into Arrowhead and kicked our ass in 2009. So did the Chargers.

In 2010 the Raiders kicked our ass at Arrowhead.

This is the best Broncos team in awhile against a very bad Chiefs team.

Rape city.

I guess you can't always be right Bob. This was the typical Arrowhead game for the Broncos even when the Chiefs aren't a good team.

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 06:30 PM
I guess you can't always be right Bob. This was the typical Arrowhead game for the Broncos even when the Chiefs aren't a good team.

He can't always be right but once would be cool.

DENVERDUI55
11-25-2012, 10:31 PM
VEGAS WINS AGAIN!!! LOL

Again? What do you mean by this?

lonestar
11-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Pride is a powerful motivator, Chiefs players will show up for this game. Rather they can hang with us remains to be seen. Charles has been know to eat us alive.

Let's hope our players are not as cocky as some of the fans.

I was thinking the same thing.

Looks like we were both correct.

Bacchus
11-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Again? What do you mean by this?

When the line is big like that it means most of the money was going on Denver. When Denver did not cover Vegas cleaned up.

bfoflcommish
11-26-2012, 08:16 AM
When the line is big like that it means most of the money was going on Denver. When Denver did not cover Vegas cleaned up.

yep..prater cost alot of bettors $$$. all he had to do was hit 1 of the fg's

DENVERDUI55
11-26-2012, 08:37 AM

No it doesn't you just proved you don't bet. The lines are set to get even money on KC and Denver and the book takes the 10 percent or the juice as they call it. I roll my eyes whenever someone says the books win or lose.

Tombstone RJ
11-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Prater missing the field goals, Manning INT, and the fact that on the last drive the Broncos should have scored a TD all affected the outcome. If Prater makes his field goals the Broncos win by 11 points. If the Broncos score a TD on the last drive the Broncos win by 12 points.

DENVERDUI55
11-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Prater missing the field goals, Manning INT, and the fact that on the last drive the Broncos should have scored a TD all affected the outcome. If Prater makes his field goals the Broncos win by 11 points. If the Broncos score a TD on the last drive the Broncos win by 12 points.

There always are what if's in gambling and the reason for that? The line makers are great at getting lines to where it is pretty much a coin flip.

Kaylore
11-26-2012, 09:09 AM
People think the oddsmakers know football or whatever. They don't. They know how other people bet on football. As people bet, the line moves.