PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Jammer repeatedly goes for knees

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 06:50 PM
I've looked at the play that cost us Willis for 6-8 weeks, and it is clear to me that Quentin Jammer deliberately went for McGahee's knee on that tackle.

So I went back and watched him in other games, and his signature move is to aim for the kneecap when he tackles.

The dude is a dirty player AFAIAC. The NFL should be fining guys for deliberately blowing out knees. How is this any different than a fine for helmet to helmet contact?

FearLanier
11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I've said this before and I think that the commissioner needs to protect defenders.

Especially defenseless hits.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Jammer led with his helmet and hit McGahee's knee so hard he was stunned for a minute or two.

baja
11-21-2012, 07:14 PM
You got links to those segments you watched.

That is quite a claim without offering evidence.

fwf
11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Jammer led with his helmet and hit McGahee's knee so hard he was stunned for a minute or two.

Well, guys who continuously lead with their head end up paying for it in the end with permanent brain damage. So if you dont like the guy, that might make you feel better.
I'll be watching next time. thanks.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 07:39 PM
DT had Jammer on the ground as Willis ran by. Jammer lunged forward from the prone position leading with his head. He didn't even try to use his arms. He blew out Willis' knee and clocked himself good too.

It was a premeditated leading with his helmet aimed right at McGahee's knee. Mission accomplished.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 07:41 PM
You got links to those segments you watched.

That is quite a claim without offering evidence.

I've got all the evidence I need...2 eyes, a TIVO, and NFL Game Rewind.

baja
11-21-2012, 07:44 PM

Which games? Can you share that or are you talking out your ass like you used to do on the DPO?

SportinOne
11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
I've looked at the play that cost us Willis for 6-8 weeks, and it is clear to me that Quentin Jammer deliberately went for McGahee's knee on that tackle.

So I went back and watched him in other games, and his signature move is to aim for the kneecap when he tackles.

The dude is a dirty player AFAIAC. The NFL should be fining guys for deliberately blowing out knees. How is this any different than a fine for helmet to helmet contact?

Alright. I mean.. you went back and watched what exactly? Every Chargers down this year?

fwf
11-21-2012, 07:50 PM

Whats the rewind? Is that the game with no stopage? If so, tell me where I can get that please

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Game Rewind is awesome. I paid about $90 for the season and I have on demand access to every NFL game from this season AND last season!

Works on my PC and my iPad.

It is blacked out while any NFL game is in progress. Most game are available about two hours after the end of the Sunday night game.

Search for it on the NFL.com site.

Edit: Correction. I paid $70 for the All Access Season Plus pass that runs through July 31 2013. Price is now $49. Well worth it if you're a football nut IMO.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Which games? Can you share that or are you talking out your ass like you used to do on the DPO?

I am not interested in swaying your opinion. You probably still think that Shannyham was an awesome coach after Elway retired.

But once I saw Jammer take out Willis, I kept my eye on him, and trust me. The hit on Willis wasn't an "accident" or an aberration. Jammer planned to hit Willis in the knee with his helmet.

But if you see it otherwise, fine by me!

baja
11-21-2012, 08:56 PM
I am not interested in swaying your opinion. You probably still think that Shannyham was an awesome coach after Elway retired.

But once I saw Jammer take out Willis, I kept my eye on him, and trust me. The hit on Willis wasn't an "accident" or an aberration. Jammer planned to hit Willis in the knee with his helmet.

But if you see it otherwise, fine by me!

I see. Your idea of a discussion is; I don't care what you think. I can't be bothered offering any examples for the claims I make but you go ahead and trust me on this.

That should work.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 09:11 PM
I see. Your idea of a discussion is; I don't care what you think. I can't be bothered offering any examples for the claims I make but you go ahead and trust me on this.

That should work.

So you're saying that I should spend a few hours making some videos and posting them on YouTube because YOU don't have a TIVO or a subscription to NFL Game Rewind?

Sorry, Baja, but I don't have time for that.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2012, 09:19 PM

Then are you ready to tell us about Tebow and your new assesment of him?

baja
11-21-2012, 09:19 PM
So you're saying that I should spend a few hours making some videos and posting them on YouTube because YOU don't have a TIVO or a subscription to NFL Game Rewind?

No, never asked for anything like that.

A simple game date and approx. point in that game showing an example of your charge would be sufficient. You're not the only one with rewind or a TeVo ya know. Many of us here have that too, myself included.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2012, 09:20 PM

Dude, you made this thread and told us as fact he does this not only to willis but other players. Therefore, show the proof.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Then are you ready to tell us about Tebow and your new assesment of him?

I'll tell you this much...the Jets traded for Tebow without any intention of ever starting him. It was a pure PR stunt to sell jerseys. Period.

How can anyone suggest that the Jets wouldn't be a better team with Tebow starting? Sanchez is a freakin joke. Tebow would at least have the Jets competitive if he were starting.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
No, never asked for anything like that.

A simple game date and approx. point in that game showing an example of your charge would be sufficient. You're not the only one with rewind or a TeVo ya know. Many of us here have that too, myself included.

Well if we're not in agreement about the hit on Willis then there's no point in moving forward. We all know when that occurred: 2nd quarter with about 13:20 left to play.

Watch that play a few times and tell me what you think.

FISH
11-21-2012, 09:30 PM
DT had Jammer on the ground as Willis ran by. Jammer lunged forward from the prone position leading with his head. He didn't even try to use his arms. He blew out Willis' knee and clocked himself good too.

It was a premeditated leading with his helmet aimed right at McGahee's knee. Mission accomplished.

Agreed

baja
11-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Well if we're not in agreement about the hit on Willis then there's no point in moving forward. We all know when that occurred: 2nd quarter with about 13:20 left to play.

Watch that play a few times and tell me what you think.

I just watched the play several times. i don't see how you could draw any conclusion what so ever never mind intent to injure. No way you could determine that from that play. So I guess we are done here.

ZONA
11-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Well I'm not going to say he's dirty but if I was a defender in today's NFL, I mean, where the heck do you tackle a guy without getting a fine? You almost have to go for waist and lower. Especially if you are a corner and trying to tackle a guy much bigger and stronger then you. You don't tackle him high that's for sure. These guys don't play with any pads on their legs these days, that stuff is going to happen.

TD4HOF
11-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Little guys, or smaller ones, have been lunging at hulking halfbacks like that since the beginning of time.

boltaneer
11-22-2012, 03:10 AM
This thread sure failed...

Ratboy
11-22-2012, 03:36 AM

http://i.imgur.com/rTTHq.png

cmhargrove
11-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Little guys, or smaller ones, have been lunging at hulking halfbacks like that since the beginning of time.

This.

Defensive backs who are taking down larger RB's are taught to do this from about age 6. The d-back has to hit hard, and should be trying to put his shoulder pad on the lower thigh but this is an imperfect, high speed situation.

Every guy out on that field knows his knee could be ripped up in 20 unpredictable ways every single play. They love the sport, get paid well, and still choose to play.

If Willis doesn't speak up saing it was a dirty hit, then I have no beef with what Jammer did. It's just bad luck.

bowtown
11-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Bad poster returns, makes bad thread, disappears again.

Punisher
11-22-2012, 06:10 AM

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/185/broomswp.gif

baja
11-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Bad poster returns, makes bad thread, disappears again.

He's not so bad it's more that he takes some odd positions and rants about them endlessly at least that was his MO at the DPO. He was an interesting character to have around though and did make the occasional great point.

Come to think of it remember the long running arguments between TJ and Popps? Now neither one of them posts much anymore and this is the most promising season since 1996

lonestar
11-22-2012, 07:48 AM

Actually if some how you could find the time, lots of folks would like seeing it. I know I would.

Perhaps even the league would some how get the message. Not every inch of film is looked at and unless there is reason to do so. This moke will keep getting away with it, with more careers in jeopardy.

So take that FWIW.

Pony Boy
11-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Alex Gibbs approves of this thread ......

eddie mac
11-22-2012, 05:13 PM
I suppose that Willis can take some solace in the fact that he may have a minute possibility of playing beyond January whilst the bum CB from the Chuggers will be sitting at home again wondering whether his wank team will renew his contract for 2013.

Boltjolt
11-22-2012, 06:54 PM

All the evidense i need. Jammer isnt a knee hunter. Things happen in a violent sport.