PDA

View Full Version : McGahee to IR

MABroncoFan
11-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Per Jay Glazer. Done for the year.

baja
11-21-2012, 09:39 AM
That means we really want the roster spot. For who?

MABroncoFan
11-21-2012, 09:40 AM
I read Steve Slaton had an impressive workout yesterday.

Bmore Manning
11-21-2012, 09:41 AM

I saw the same thing.

CEH
11-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Who's our desiginated IR player that can come back? Ty Warren

I think this says Willis' injury more severe than first identified

Smiling Assassin27
11-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Slaton's not a workhorse or guy that can run between the tackles with any consistency. Get a bigger body.

DenverBroncosJM
11-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Lendale White

gyldenlove
11-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Lendale White

I thought he would have grown to 1700 pounds by now with the legal pot and some epic munchies....

RaiderH8r
11-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Well that's just f'ing dandy.

DenverBroncosJM
I thought he would have grown to 1700 pounds by now with the legal pot and some epic munchies....

Haha he might have. I really like JJ on the practice squad too

Kaylore
Oh man. That really sucks. Hopefully someone can step up.

ludo21
11-21-2012, 09:49 AM
woah, that sucks.

gotta hope the combo of our backs and most likely Slaton can get the job done.

WolfpackGuy
11-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Dammit!

Taco John
11-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Terrible news. Makes me sick to my stomach. McGahee's been a real stud for us these last two years, and it's disheartening to see him sidelined during such a season as this.

Hillman has some juice. Ball has some ability too. The question is if Moreno has been focusing on when he's up next, or pouting in obscurity. I like Slaton as a third or fourth option in this equation competing with Moreno.

I wonder if Ricky Williams would be willing to come out of retirement. Not my favorite option, necessarily, but something worth considering I think.

Smiling Assassin27
11-21-2012, 09:59 AM
is hightower healthy? he's 6-0 220 or so. slaton would be grumpy to holliday's sneezy.

Goobzilla
11-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Sucks. Next man up

MABroncoFan
11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Vic Lombardi‏@VicLombardi

Okay, here's the deal. Strong possibility he will be placed on IR today. But they may have option to reactivate him for AFC title game.

CEH
11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Still has the IR designation available but the team thinks he won't come back this year 100%

Mason says team hoping for the best out of Knowshown fearing the worst
They think he crumbles under the spotlight in a limited role

elsid13
11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome aboard JJ

dictionary
11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Vic Lombardi‏@VicLombardi

Okay, here's the deal. Strong possibility he will be placed on IR today. But they may have option to reactivate him for AFC title game.

Well that makes me feel slightly better about the whole situation. Thanks for posting the twitter updates, all!

Chris
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Aiiiiiii

Aiiiiyayaaaaaiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiyyyy yyyy

dictionary
11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Still has the IR designation available but the team thinks he won't come back this year 100%

I still hold the belief that Knowshown can be productive, especially in the Manning offense. I like that he is healthy, hungry to step up, and has learned a lot from McGahee's example.

Who knows? We all may come back Sunday evening/Monday morning singing the praises of Elway and Fox for stacking depth at running back. Which, as my alcohol riddled memory serves, has been an issue for Denver recently.

I will be the optimist for once. I want Knowshown to have the game of his life. I want Denver to obliterate KC in every phase of the game and control each aspect in doing so.

/endrant

MABroncoFan
11-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Lindsay Jones‏@bylindsayhjones

Just filed to @usatoday_nfl: Broncos expect to put McGahee on short term IR today. He'd be eligible to practice in 6 weeks, play in 8.

baja
11-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Terrible news. Makes me sick to my stomach. McGahee's been a real stud for us these last two years, and it's disheartening to see him sidelined during such a season as this.

Hillman has some juice. Ball has some ability too. The question is if Moreno has been focusing on when he's up next, or pouting in obscurity. I like Slaton as a third or fourth option in this equation competing with Moreno.

I wonder if Ricky Williams would be willing to come out of retirement. Not my favorite option, necessarily, but something worth considering I think .

IF he can still play and give us anyway need what McGahee did it would be awesome. The role would not be hard to grasp but highly doubt he's anywhere near playing shape.

oubronco
11-21-2012, 10:17 AM
It sounds like they might be going to ride it out with who they have

Moreno, Hillman, and Ball are not a real scary trio

BroncoMan4ever
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM

Not really. It is game 11. Let's say he is out a minimym of 7 weeks that means we get him back at the soonest the divisional round of the playoffs. And he would still need time to work back into game shape and be able to contribute. Better to shut it down and bring in someone else to help than rush him back.

Smiling Assassin27
11-21-2012, 10:20 AM
omon was listed behind the current 3 rb's on roster. he's the most like willis as a runner and in terms of size. i guess it'd be more of a lightning in a bottle thing with him, though.

Pony Boy
11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
I know the Giants worked out Joseph Addai a few weeks ago, does anyone know about his situation? Certainly would fit with Manning.

Atwater His Ass
11-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Sucks. Lost the best player we had at the weakest position on the roster.

Moreno may end up having a good game or two, but I have zero confidence that he can step up on the playoffs. At this point I'd rather go with Hillman starting and Ball spelling him, although also not very confidence inspirirng.

Chris
11-21-2012, 10:25 AM
We've made stars out of scrubs before.

Kaylore
11-21-2012, 10:29 AM
We've made stars out of scrubs before.

That was Shanny's thing. This is different.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
If they bring anybody in at RB. It really means they end of Moreano. The whole time he's been on the inactive list was, we thought, because he couldn't play SP. Now it would mean that he's been a complete waste of space. I do hope that he plays and plays well. We will see what the FO does.

I like the idea of Xavier Omon coming back. Hopefully he's kept himself in shape this whole time.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-21-2012, 10:33 AM
That was Shanny's thing. This is different.

True that.

bpc
11-21-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm not really down which sounds surprising. We knew when we signed McGahee he was a stop gap solution. It was our duty to ring out whatever juice he had left in the tank. We did that. He's always been an injury prone with fumbling issues and not much of a receiver. I thought many times early in the season that his fumbling issues were going to cause problems down the stretch and into the playoffs, either that or he would get injured at an inopportune time. Surprisingly both happened around the same time.

We're lucky that this happened with 6 games to go. We should have been giving Hillman more time earlier in the year. I understand that mentally he doesn't have the offense mastered but sometimes you need an event to drive that. Here it is. Personally, I've never been a fan of Knowshon. I thought he was going to be a bust when we selected him early. I am however interested to see if he has matured as a person at all or if he just spent the weeks being inactive jacking around or getting better. He previously didn't play fast, runs high and does careless things on the field. That said, there are some things I like better about him in a Manning offense than McGahee, mainly his hands out of the backfield though. That has always been his major plus. I don't know if it will happen but Moreno has 7-8 games to turn his career around. He needs to get comfortable that putting his shoulder down, a 3-6 yd running play is successful for Manning. We don't need all the dancing, juking himself out of yards.

The platform for Denver to build up to a better, more complete running game is there which what we will need to be a Super Bowl team... two games against KC, Oakland, Cleveland, Baltimore and Tampa Bay. I've said it this season... this team reminds me of our 1997 unit. Veteran savy QB, talented duo at WR, solid OL, big play, aggressive sack/turnover/big play defense and special teams. The major ingredient we are missing is confidence in the running game. That hasn't been resolved but I feel like McGahee was a ticking time bomb that went off thankfully before the playoffs. There is a change to recover.

It will be interested to see how the coaches manage this situation. It will make or break the season.

baja
11-21-2012, 10:35 AM
At this point I really want to see Kupe back, he will make a big difference to whoever we go with.

CEH
11-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Eligible to return list. Eligible to practice in 6 return in 8
Ready for AFCC game

fwf
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
I called this when we first learned of the injury.. no one believed me.. I also said his career as a Bronco is over, unfortunately. I still believe that too.

gyldenlove
11-21-2012, 10:39 AM
At this point I really want to see Kupe back, he will make a big difference to whoever we go with.

With Kuper at RG we have one of the best offensive lines in football - right there with San Fransisco. Magazu has really done a good job of getting his guys ready.

Atwater His Ass
11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
McGahee was definately a stop gap solution, and also not surprised he got hurt.

But he was effective to a degree and he had 26 receptions, so I cannot agree that he wasn't effective catching passes.

The issue is that there is such a drop off in talent from McGahee to everyone else on the roster. Outside of Manning, this is probably the position we could least afford to lose a starter. Wether someone steps up or not remains to be seen. These are the kinds of opportunities that new stars are born from. Let's see if anyone can take advantage of it.

ChampJesusBailey
11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Tomlinson to come out of retirement.

fwf
11-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Not really. It is game 11. Let's say he is out a minimym of 7 weeks that means we get him back at the soonest the divisional round of the playoffs. And he would still need time to work back into game shape and be able to contribute. Better to shut it down and bring in someone else to help than rush him back.

This.

They're not going to give McGahee 20 carries in the AFC championship game after not playing a down for 7 weeks. Just shut it down

DenverBroncosJM
11-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Moreno is going to play a lot. He is our best blocker

Kaylore
11-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I called this when we first learned of the injury.. no one believed me..

You're a hero to us all.

Mogulseeker
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Peyton Manning has more rushing yards on the season than Knowshon.

fwf
11-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Lance Ball is the guy. We need him to do 3 things for us and thats it. And he doesnt even have to excel at them. Except the last one.

*Pass protect.
*Run hard between the tackles. Just get 3 yds to keep the D honest.
*Hold on to the Football.

I dont trust Hillman enough to handle the first two. And come on, Moreno hasnt even played.

Smiling Assassin27
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Get this guy on the phone, pronto:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/014/158/56244142_display_image.jpg?1308024781

pricejj
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Time to bring in Addai.

Mogulseeker
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Lance Ball is the guy. We need him to do 3 things for us and thats it. And he doesnt even have to excel at them. Except the last one.

*Pass protect.

I dont trust Hillman enough to handle the first two. And come on, Moreno hasnt even played.

Damn... did Moreno **** your sister of something?

I actually think Moreno would be the 1b option... yeah, he's been a healthy scratch, but he fits the mold of a 1-back better than anything we have right now, and that's not saying much.

Go with Moreno, with a heavy dose of Ball and Hillman.

bpc
11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
McGahee was definately a stop gap solution, and also not surprised he got hurt.

But he was effective to a degree and he had 26 receptions, so I cannot agree that he wasn't effective catching passes.

The issue is that there is such a drop off in talent from McGahee to everyone else on the roster. Outside of Manning, this is probably the position we could least afford to lose a starter. Wether someone steps up or not remains to be seen. These are the kinds of opportunities that new stars are born from. Let's see if anyone can take advantage of it.

*Traditionally* he has not really been a receiver out of the backfield, catching less than 2 per game on average for his career. The Manning offense is much more conducive to these stats with a 3 WR/1 TE offense, all the more reason that there are yards/big plays to be gained by somebody who can do it better. I'd argue that Moreno & eventually Hillman can gain more yards with those touches on pass downs. Can they block and keep the pass defense honest though, is the question.

Stagger Lee
11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I called this when we first learned of the injury.. no one believed me.. I also said his career as a Bronco is over, unfortunately. I still believe that too.

When does your source say that DeAngelo is reporting?

bronco militia
11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
You're a hero to us all.

LOL

hookemhess
11-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I wonder if Ricky Williams would be willing to come out of retirement. Not my favorite option, necessarily, but something worth considering I think.

I saw him at a Longhorns game about a month ago. He's already lost quite a bit of weight and doesn't look to be in playing shape.

Rabb
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I bet fwf is just a hoot at parties!

TonyR
11-21-2012, 11:02 AM

Link?

Heyneck
11-21-2012, 11:04 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LxKkbs1y1Oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heyneck
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM

*Pass protect.

^ Hilarious!

Bmore Manning
11-21-2012, 11:07 AM

I was really hoping Hunter would return... And Wolfe would move inside.

Stagger Lee
11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LxKkbs1y1Oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL

CEH
11-21-2012, 11:09 AM
This.

They're not going to give McGahee 20 carries in the AFC championship game after not playing a down for 7 weeks. Just shut it down

What they just did as far as the IR list contradicts everthing you just said about shutting it down for good

Way to pay attention to what they did

fwf
11-21-2012, 11:13 AM
What they just did as far as the IR list contradicts everthing you just said about shutting it down for good

Nope. They just chose that option bc they could. It didnt hurt anything to do the temporary IR. Theyre thinking maybe he could heal quicker, but I'm telling you, theyre not planning on his return this season.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Might it be too late to bring in someone unfamiliar with the offense (hell, I'm not even sure Moreno knows what's going on)? With that, seems like Addai, though not the best available FA, would at least get up to speed quicker than other options.

Beantown Bronco
11-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Hillman has some juice. Ball has some ability too.

"I was jacked leaving that room," Tebow said. "I didn't even want to visit another room. It was not enough time. We were excited, we were enthusiastic. There was passion. It was just intense, and it was ball, and it was juice. The juice level in that room was high, and it was awesome."

Bigdawg26
11-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I really liked Johnson in the preseason and last one. I would love to see a young backfield of Johnson and Hillman. Lance Ball is the most below average back I've ever seen. Mareno is the slowest shiftiest back in the league. He always looks like he's on skates. He runs like if Reggie Bush ran a 5 flat and had a bad ankle.

CEH
11-21-2012, 11:28 AM
The MCL is a 2-3 week injury. It's the fracture bone that is the real issue and who knows how long that will take to heal. Doctors can only guess at this team

All this move does is free up a roster spot for the rest of the season

broncosteven
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM

This is an accurate and fair assessment of KM, Kinda what I have felt all along.

THey have been too afraid to put him on the field thinking the game is too big for him and he would do something stupid.

I thought they tried to pump him up giving him some confidence in the last PS game and talking to the press about how good he is then when the season started his head got out of the game.

Now at least we know why he has been deactivated.

Old Dude
11-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Even if McGahee made a faster than expected recovery, I don't think Denver planned on having him suit up for another regular season game. If the Broncos couldn't beat Cleveland or KC at season's end without Willis, then that would say we have lot bigger problems anyway.

So the real downer is that they wouldn't have him available to play in the first (Wild Card) round.

That's just more motivation to pursue the #2 seed.

Tombstone RJ
11-21-2012, 11:51 AM
What's the deal with Slaton, or is that just bs?

Paladin
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I wonder if we might see Virgil Green as the number 4 RB. He is athletic and can run some, and has caught passes, and can be told whom to block. Gronk and Green would be a "jumbo" runnng game......

pricejj
11-21-2012, 12:02 PM
1. Slaton basically hasn't played in 4 years - forget that
2. No word about Addai, but he was decent before being limited by a hamstring last year. I would sign him and deactivate him for a couple weeks. If Knowshon blows, activate Addai.
3. J. Johnson is probably the best option, but there is no reason to bring him up from the practice squad just to be deactivated (which would eliminate his PS eligibility)

I think we're stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

baja
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
As another poster has already mentioned losing McGahee at this time could turn out to have a huge silver lining.

1 McGahee was wearing down it was noticeable. We saw the fumbles, the sluggish running. These things are signs of fatigue. If he does come back it will be with fresh legs.

2. Morano has had time to assess his future in the NFL. He was one of those players that thought being drafted very high translated into easy stardom so he developed an attitude and never seized his opportunity. I bet he feels differently now.

3. He has practiced every week on the scout team and has had been afforded the opportunity to be coached up.

4. If KM realized #2 and took advantage of #3 He will play with the mind set he has lacked all his short career.

5. KM knows this is likely his last shot at an NFL career

6. A focused KM has a perfect skill set for a Manning offense, running, receiving and blocking.

I have high hopes to see the Knowshon Morano we hoped for when he was drafted at #12. I will go on record saying he will surprise almost everyone here and kill it. I mean really kill it.

pricejj
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Well...Ronnie...the fate of this franchise rests on your narrow shoulders.

fwf
11-21-2012, 12:09 PM
I wonder if we might see Virgil Green as the number 4 RB. He is athletic and can run some, and has caught passes, and can be told whom to block. Gronk and Green would be a "jumbo" runnng game......

Ive seen nothing to indicate McCoy possess the creativity to make this happen. I agree with you though. They should be thinking far from the box.

Old Dude
11-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Link?

This is all I could find:

http://www.kffl.com/player/16224/nfl/steve-slaton

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/271048873995284480

Beantown Bronco
11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Ive seen nothing to indicate McCoy possess the creativity to make this happen.

He played Tebow at QB, didn't he? :)

cutman0122
11-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't know guys, I'm usually the pessimist but something feels different about this team this year. It's not going to be just up to the running backs to make this work. Everybody will have to step up a bit, especially the o-line. PFM's ways and the confidence that has swelled all around this team has got to account for something. There's a positive energy in this team that I think will allow them to respond and step up just a bit more. It's not often you get a chance like this at this level. I'm sure the "new" three Amigos are just chompin at the bit to prove their mettle. It just seems like everybody on the team has had their career leases renewed and are playing at a higher level. I like our chances that one out of three will not only emerge into something more than what their careers have shown thus far, but also carry us the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

Mile High Salute
11-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I have to think it would be hard for the Broncos to bring someone in off the street and have them play in this offense effectively. This isn't last year's offense with Tim Tebow. Whoever's playing RB is gonna have to know all the signals, audibles from Manning, blocking assignments, etc. It would be a pretty steep learning curve.

(Good thing we have a bye this week to work on it. :thumbsup:)

cmhargrove
11-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Didn't we use Mitch Unrein as a fullback? Call him up, there's your "between the tackles" power back. You need one yard, you got it. You need ten yards, he'll get them one at a time.

Unrein! Unrein! Unrein!

nyuk nyuk
11-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Oh, crap. I had the feeling he was going to get an injury that dented into his playing time. Now we're about to reap our neglect of the offensive backfield. WHY did we not sign someone like Jacobs? These other guys are varying levels of clown.

Rohirrim
11-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Damn, this sucks! Willis has been the thunder to Peyton's lightning. :cuss:

razorwire77
11-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Sucks. At this point, I don't think you are going to get much out of a retread FA back. We've gotta hope that Moreno plays with the type of urgency that he showed in the preseason game where he knew he was fighting for a roster spot. That Moreno could give you 5-8 carries and catch some balls out of the backfield.

Imo though, this is really going to be about Hillman.
We've seen some glimpses of his speed when he catches an edge, but we've yet to see him make a really dynamic play in space where he makes a little jump cut and finds a crease and hits it (ala Jamal Charles.) He's not going to be an off tackle grinder. I think that's where Ball has to earn his money with his 5-8 carries.

But Hillman has to be able to hit that inside trap play and show better vision when Manning audibles into it. The lanes are going to be there. The game has to slow down for Ronnie though and he has to trust his abilities. Hopefully, repetitions and getting the lion's share of the first team reps this week will help that to happen.

Agamemnon
11-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I really don't get why they refuse to give Jeremiah Johnson a chance.

baja
11-21-2012, 01:28 PM

He winters in the high mountains and won't come down till spring.

pricejj
11-21-2012, 01:51 PM
He winters in the high mountains and won't come down till spring.

Yeah...but he can skin Grizz as fast as you can catch 'em.

MplsBronco
11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
As another poster has already mentioned losing McGahee at this time could turn out to have a huge silver lining.

1 McGahee was wearing down it was noticeable. We saw the fumbles, the sluggish running. These things are signs of fatigue. If he does come back it will be with fresh legs.

2. Morano has had time to assess his future in the NFL. He was one of those players that thought being drafted very high translated into easy stardom so he developed an attitude and never seized his opportunity. I bet he feels differently now.

3. He has practiced every week on the scout team and has had been afforded the opportunity to be coached up.

4. If KM realized #2 and took advantage of #3 He will play with the mind set he has lacked all his short career.

6. A focused KM has a perfect skill set for a Manning offense, running, receiving and blocking.

I have high hopes to see the Knowshon Morano we hoped for when he was drafted at #12. I will go on record saying he will surprise almost everyone here and kill it. I mean really kill it.

This is exactly how I feel, Baja. Something in my gut says Moreno replaces McGahee and Hillman/Ball maintain the same role. One of the biggest differences with this team has been McGahee catching swing passes in stride and with space. I want to see what Moreno can do with these opportunities. He has also shown in his career an ability to find the endzone even in the red zone. I thought he was starting to come on last year right before injuring his knee.

I've also noticed him quite often on the sidelines this year engaged in the game even though being in street clothes. I think his head is in the game and he is itching to get out there. I am actually excited to see what might happen. Hopefullly the coaches give him a legit shot and not just a carry here or there.

Bronc62
11-21-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm not really down which sounds surprising. We knew when we signed McGahee he was a stop gap solution. It was our duty to ring out whatever juice he had left in the tank. We did that. He's always been an injury prone with fumbling issues and not much of a receiver. I thought many times early in the season that his fumbling issues were going to cause problems down the stretch and into the playoffs, either that or he would get injured at an inopportune time. Surprisingly both happened around the same time.

Bronco fan for 50 years, seen a lot, and I have the same sentiment as bpc. Say it was Clady, D. Thomas, Decker, or heaven forbid Manning who were out for the year. Then I would be bigtime down.

Bronc62
11-21-2012, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=baja;3733197]
This is exactly how I feel, Baja. Something in my gut says Moreno replaces McGahee and Hillman/Ball maintain the same role. One of the biggest differences with this team has been McGahee catching swing passes in stride and with space. I want to see what Moreno can do with these opportunities. He has also shown in his career an ability to find the endzone even in the red zone. I thought he was starting to come on last year right before injuring his knee.

I've also noticed him quite often on the sidelines this year engaged in the game even though being in street clothes. I think his head is in the game and he is itching to get out there. I am actually excited to see what might happen. Hopefullly the coaches give him a legit shot and not just a carry here or there.

Note who's leaping across the goal line in my avatar. That's what I hope to see two or three times this Sunday.

Action
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM

Well, that's not for sure yet since there is a whole practice week left.

But they can't put him back on the practice squad if he doesn't meet expectations and they probably want to guarantee him back for next year, that's one thing to consider.

baja
11-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Yep! Nice post and good points (swing passes and attitude change)

fwf
11-21-2012, 02:27 PM
BTW. If Ball turns out to be a beast for us his nickname has to be Wrecker doesnt it? Maybe not.

Someone should photoshop an oversized Peyton behind the line with a string hanging from hand with Lance's picture on the other end plowing thru the Chiefs line like a Wrecking Ball.

Agamemnon
11-21-2012, 02:29 PM
BTW. If Ball turns out to be a beast for us his nickname has to be Wrecker doesnt it? Maybe not.

Someone should photoshop an oversized Peyton behind the line with a string hanging from hand with Lance's picture on the other end plowing thru the Chiefs line like a Wrecking Ball.

If Ball turns out to be a beast for us, I predict the world will end soon after. That has to be one of the signs...

swaiy
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Does Ball have that naked video of you jumping into an ice cold river?

baja
11-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes show us the video but please wear some cloths.

Agamemnon
11-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Does Ball have that naked video of you jumping into an ice cold river?

Who told you?

Smiling Assassin27
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=MplsBronco;3733334]

Note who's leaping across the goal line in my avatar. That's what I hope to see two or three times this Sunday.

Steve Atwater? :thanku:

fwf
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes show us the video but please wear some cloths.

Alright man. I can do this. If we make it to New Orleans, i'll get that video made.. If i dont, then I will expect and demand a life time ban from the mane. You have my word.

baja
11-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Alright man. I can do this. If we make it to New Orleans, i'll get that video made.. If i dont, then I will expect and demand a life time ban from the mane. You have my word.

You all ready gave us your word - post the vid.

CEH
11-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Jacob Hester ?

Pony Boy
11-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Jacob Hester ?

2KBack
11-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Hester was awesome in college...of course like every RB in the NFL was awesome in college

The Joker
11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qSAKHLbCUGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

extralife
11-21-2012, 05:35 PM

you like Mor<b>e</b>no so much that you don't even know his name.

errand
11-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Peyton Manning has more rushing yards on the season than Knowshon.

umm, no he doesn't...

Moreno has 8 carries for 15 yards and a 1 TD....Manning has 17 carries for 13 yards...but feel free to continue to make **** up.

Agamemnon
11-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Hester was awesome in college...of course like every RB in the NFL was awesome in college

Except for Lance Ball.

(I couldn't resist.)

errand
11-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Really? Because he's not that good.....sure he's better than Joe Whothehell, but he's not better than Hillman, Moreno, or Ball at any one aspect of his job other than perhaps being faster than they are.

I can't believe this **** I'm reading on here with people wanting Ricky Williams or Mike Anderson to come out of retirement (I hope like hell you're joking) but then turning around and saying Knowshon shouldn't play because he hasn't been activated the past 8 weeks....like missing two or three seasons is a better option?

Knowshon while being an inconsistent RB is a still an athletically gifted RB who can and has made plays for us before. I believe he and the other RB's will have some success vs. the KC Chiefs and down the stretch.

I for one wouldn't be too surprised if Moreno or Hillman become the feature RB the rest of the season and put up some decent numbers, and makes several big plays for us in the passing game as well......

Punisher
11-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Is this the time Knowshon steps up and shows everybody hes a prime time player? Or should we get Addai on the phone lol

extralife
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
I can't believe this **** I'm reading on here with people wanting Ricky Williams or Mike Anderson to come out of retirement (I hope like hell you're joking) but then turning around and saying Knowshon shouldn't play because he hasn't been activated the past 8 weeks

knowshon shouldn't play because he sucks. that's about that.

he might get a chance, I don't know, but I'd rather call Addai (he sucks too but at least Peyton trusts him) or, yes, dangle a bag of primo weed in front of Ricky.

errand
11-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Is this the time Knowshon steps up and shows everybody hes a prime time player? Or should we get Addai on the phone lol

Well, depending on how he performs with how ever many carries he gets, this one game might be his last chance to make an impression. who knows?.....he might lay an egg, and be released during off season or he might rip off 400-500 yards and catch 30 passes and have 8-10 total TD's down this 6 game stretch and enter 2013 camp as our #1 RB.

Here's hoping whatever happens he'll help this team win our next 9 or 10 games....

Ratboy
11-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Although McGahee fumbles a lot in the worst situations, this is a big hit to our offense.

I hope Moreno gets in there and runs his ass off.

errand
11-21-2012, 06:22 PM
knowshon shouldn't play because he sucks. that's about that.

he might get a chance, I don't know, but I'd rather call Addai (he sucks too but at least Peyton trusts him) or, yes, dangle a bag of primo weed in front of Ricky.

so you'd rather we sign two RB's that suck who haven't played in a couple of seasons, and are probably out of shape vs. letting Knowshon, who despite being inactive for the past 8 weeks, has been practicing pretty well according to his team mates?

I'm not saying you're stupid...but, wouldn't you have to be?

extralife
11-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Ricky was pretty good in limited action last year.

of course his teammates are going to say he "has been practicing pretty well." what the hell do you expect them to say: "Knoshown? You're asking me about that guy? Really? ELL OH ELL, lets just say the cones are pretty boss defenders when he's toting the rock, know what I mean?"

Knoshown has been inactive for 8 weeks because he sucks. Being inactive is not a plus in his favor, it means the coaches looked at him and went "I think it would benefit the team if we paid this guy to wear a track suit on our sidelines." You want to talk about RBs who haven't played in a couple of seasons, KM is your guy.

Hamrob
11-21-2012, 09:29 PM
I think we will sign Hester. Why? He's a big back. 235lbs.......ala Magahee.

Our guys....Ball, Moreno, Hillman, Johnson are all small backs. We need a banger....and it's not Gronkowski.

DBroncos4life
11-21-2012, 09:32 PM
umm, no he doesn't...

Moreno has 8 carries for 15 yards and a 1 TD....Manning has 17 carries for 13 yards...but feel free to continue to make **** up.

Sack yards dude.

extralife
11-21-2012, 10:33 PM
sacks count against passing statistics in the NFL.

ZONA
11-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I think we will sign Hester. Why? He's a big back. 235lbs.......ala Magahee.

Our guys....Ball, Moreno, Hillman, Johnson are all small backs. We need a banger....and it's not Gronkowski.

You don't necessarily need a big back. Ray Rice is not a big back, Just need somebody who fights for yards but knows how to hold on to the rock. You can be smaller and still physical, there are plenty of guys on other team who are like that. Moreno is physical enough, just don't know if his bad luck with injuries means he's not durable enough. He'll get his shot Sunday pretty sure.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2012, 08:18 AM
sacks count against passing statistics in the NFL.

Kneel downs then. He had a run of 6 yards against the Panthers and finished with 4 yards. Same with Pittsburgh run of 7 finished with 3.

Heyneck
11-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Ricky was pretty good in limited action last year.

of course his teammates are going to say he "has been practicing pretty well." what the hell do you expect them to say: "Knoshown? You're asking me about that guy? Really? ELL OH ELL, lets just say the cones are pretty boss defenders when he's toting the rock, know what I mean?"

Knoshown has been inactive for 8 weeks because he sucks. Being inactive is not a plus in his favor, it means the coaches looked at him and went "I think it would benefit the team if we paid this guy to wear a track suit on our sidelines." You want to talk about RBs who haven't played in a couple of seasons, KM is your guy.

Got this one all saved up... you are going to be eating crow in the near future.

Broncos_OTM
11-22-2012, 06:48 PM
So is he dobe for the playiffs too?

errand
11-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Kneel downs then. He had a run of 6 yards against the Panthers and finished with 4 yards. Same with Pittsburgh run of 7 finished with 3.

Regardless of why....mightysmurf said he had more yards rushing this season than Moreno did....I proved he didn't.