PDA

View Full Version : So where are a all those D J Williams haters ???

baja
11-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Q: I know this is early, but did you get any sense if how the Broncos used D.J. Williams against the Chargers will be the way they use him for the rest of the season?
A: Glenn, as expected, the Broncos worked D.J. Williams into the lineup quickly. He was in uniform against San Diego in the first game after his reinstatement from two suspensions.
And Williams entered Sunday's game against San Diego on the fourth defensive snap it was when the Broncos went to the nickel (five defensive backs) for the first time in the game. Williams lined up alongside Wesley Woodyard in the two linebacker spots in that formation.
That was Williams' role, for the most part, in the defense for the remainder in the game and he was in the lineup primarily on first or second down (he had 15 snaps in that situation).
When the Broncos faced a more open formation from the Chargers offense, like a three-wide receiver set, or were in third-down or other long-yardage situations, they put rookie Danny Trevathan next to Woodyard in the nickel.
The Broncos like Trevathan's abilities in coverage while Williams gives them a little more bulk in the middle of the field on early downs, when a running play is more of an option for an offense. That figures to be the rotation in the near future.
The Broncos also used a four-linebacker set for a selection of snaps Sunday with Williams in the game and he also played in the team's short-yardage unit that was used against the Chargers in some third-and-short looks. In all Williams played 21 snaps.

Read more: Broncos wasted no time getting D.J. Williams into the lineup - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncosspecial/ci_22028179?source=jBar#ixzz2CnucXzFk
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

pricejj
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
D.J. played 21 snaps and had 5 tackles (including 1 TFL). He fought hard on running plays, tackling the runner for probably about an average of 2 yard gain (if that). D.J. played smart in coverage too.

He and Brooking rotated series for the most part. Trevathan would come in a lot on 3rd down. Everybody played well.

D.J. tackles with violence and authority, which is good to see. I picture him taking over most of Brooking's snaps, maybe even as soon as this game against the Chiefs. However, Brooking is still valuable in certain situations.

I love all of the Bronco LB's. They each bring something to the table, and are playing at a high level.

Bacchus
11-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Waiting for LoneStar to post

Play2win
11-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Instead of RBBC, we got MLBBC...

Could work, tho'... :thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
11-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Waiting for LoneStar to post

Tanahan......Numbnuts.

Rinse repeat.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Glad he is still your hero..

If he had not come out and played well his trade value would have dropped even more..

I had said in another thread he played well, not a super star levels some seemed to think he would be....

and so did Brooking and Trevathan..

That would be about 25% of the defensive snaps if the 21 is correct, had a couple good plays but still nothing like Woodyard is doing.. Or Miller for those that still think DJ is the best pure LB on the team..
Defense T-A SCK INT FF
C. Bailey 8-0 0.0 0 0
V. Miller 6-0 3.0 0 2
W. Woodyard 5-3 0.0 1 0
T. Carter 4-1 0.0 0 0
E. Dumervil 4-2 1.0 0 1
C. Harris 3-0 0.0 0 0
K. Vickerson 3-0 0.0 0 0
D. Williams 3-1 0.0 0 0
J. Bannan 2-1 0.0 0 0
R. Moore 2-1 0.0 0 0
R. Ayers 1-1 0.0 0 0
K. Brooking 1-0 0.0 0 0
D. Bruton 1-0 0.0 0 0
D. Trevathan 1-0 0.0 0 0
M. Unrein 1-0 0.0 0 0
J. Leonhard 0-0 0.0 1 0

I'm hoping that y'all know he will not be a Bronco next year as we need a MLB and he is not the guy..

Unless hey go cheap and ask him to redo next years contract also..

lonestar
11-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Tanahan......Numbnuts.

Rinse repeat.

real class for a mod..

expected more from you..

BroncoMan4ever
11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Still dislike him and think he is overrated. Didn't do anything amazing. Made the tackles he was supposed to which for any player is a good thing. And he looked better than the senior citizen we have been lining up at MLB. Does he need a medal for that?

lonestar
11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Waiting for Lonestar to post

Fixed that for you..

Requiem
11-20-2012, 03:53 PM
SoCalBronco is 50x the mod you ever were. DAFT DOODLE.

pricejj
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
It doesn't seem efficient to be looking towards the sideline every play, to see if you have to come out, especially against a hurry-up Offense. All the running back and forth from the sideline would pretty much negate any advantage you might have had from resting a player.

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. They'll probably continue substituting until New England (or somebody else) forces them not to.

They have all kinds of fools running in and out...Leonhard, Bruton, DJ, Trevathan, Ayers, Jackson, etc.

I guess it pretty much fits the Offense, who have Tamme, Stokley, Ball, Hillman, Green, and now Moreno, substituting.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Still dislike him and think he is overrated. Didn't do anything amazing. Made the tackles he was supposed to which for any player is a good thing. And he looked better than the senior citizen we have been lining up at MLB. Does he need a medal for that?

You have to remember there are a lot of folks that still love the departed HC that DAFTED him and then resigned him to a contract worthy of a super star..

and that because he led the team in tackles for several years he must be great.. the only thing that proved was he was the best of a very poor Defense..

Time to move on IMO..

HAT
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Tanahan......Numbnuts.

Rinse repeat.

Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Shanahan....Jizz, repeat.

pricejj
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm hoping that y'all know he will not be a Bronco next year as we need a MLB and he is not the guy..

The Broncos would be unwise to change-up the Defense much from where it is now...most improved in the NFL, and (soon to be) top 10 in scoring (again). The Broncos operate very little out of the traditional 4-3 set.

There won't be any really good FA MLB's. There is little possibility they spend a 1st dround draft pick on an ILB. Nope, don't see it this year.

They have to get starters out of the 2013 draft, because the 2012 draft has only produced one starter. I am guessing RB will be a top priority in the draft. They would probably also consider NT to battle Vickerson and Bannan (though they are having good years). LB is way down the list. This team is so freaking loaded, it's going to be difficult to get a roster spot. They should trade the whole back-end of the draft to move up with their first 2 picks.

baja
11-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Glad he is still your hero..

If he had not come out and played well his trade value would have dropped even more..

I had said in another thread he played well, not a super star levels some seemed to think he would be....

and so did Brooking and Trevathan..

That would be about 25% of the defensive snaps if the 21 is correct, had a couple good plays but still nothing like Woodyard is doing.. Or Miller for those that still think DJ is the best pure LB on the team..
Defense T-A SCK INT FF
C. Bailey 8-0 0.0 0 0
V. Miller 6-0 3.0 0 2
W. Woodyard 5-3 0.0 1 0
T. Carter 4-1 0.0 0 0
E. Dumervil 4-2 1.0 0 1
C. Harris 3-0 0.0 0 0
K. Vickerson 3-0 0.0 0 0
D. Williams 3-1 0.0 0 0
J. Bannan 2-1 0.0 0 0
R. Moore 2-1 0.0 0 0
R. Ayers 1-1 0.0 0 0
K. Brooking 1-0 0.0 0 0
D. Bruton 1-0 0.0 0 0
D. Trevathan 1-0 0.0 0 0
M. Unrein 1-0 0.0 0 0
J. Leonhard 0-0 0.0 1 0

He played 20 snaps out of a possible 70 plays, your argument is weak

baja
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
You have to remember there are a lot of folks that still love the departed HC that DAFTED him and then resigned him to a contract worthy of a super star..

and that because he led the team in tackles for several years he must be great.. the only thing that proved was he was the best of a very poor Defense..

Time to move on IMO..

I don't know about that, I like him because he makes the Broncos better

lonestar
11-20-2012, 04:21 PM
The Broncos would be unwise to change-up the Defense much from where it is now...most improved in the NFL, and (soon to be) top 10 in scoring (again). The Broncos operate very little out of the traditional 4-3 set.

There won't be any really good FA MLB's. There is little possibility they spend a 1st dround draft pick on an ILB. Nope, don't see it this year.

They have to get starters out of the 2013 draft, because the 2012 draft has only produced one starter. I am guessing RB will be a top priority in the draft. LB is way down the list.

Maybe your are correct maybe not..

As for MLB you do not have to spend a top pick to get one. Nice to have but IMO we still need a DT to go with Wolf and maybe safety.

As far a s a RB I do not see John E popping for one high in the draft. Especially if Ma Gahee is back before the EOS or the draft. See more middle round 3-4 guys, happening there.

But Elway has surprised us pleasantly two times so far.

baja
11-20-2012, 04:24 PM
I am a big supporter of McGahee but I think this is his last season.

Agamemnon
11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry, did I miss something? The issue with Williams isn't that he can't play well. It's that he's more or less mentally retarded.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
He played 20 snaps out of a possible 70 plays, your argument is weak

Actually 21 snaps. And if the NFL game center is about correct. Rivers threw. 40 times and there were 23 rushes so it was more like 65 snaps. My other number was a guesstimate considering they owned TOP. Seemed like more snaps than that.

Personally I did not think it was all that important.

He had a couple of nice plays, ONE TFL but beyond that IMO he was in memorable..

But then I do not have a woody for him like some seem to have.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry, did I miss something? The issue with Williams isn't that he can't play well. It's that he's more or less mentally retarded.

For some stats are everything.

For others character has merits.

his actions over his last few years in DEN pretty much show he is a dumb ass..

Plus in my case when I pay a guy super star money I expect more than above average play.

pricejj
11-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Maybe your are correct maybe not..

As for MLB you do not have to spend a top pick to get one. Nice to have but IMO we still need a DT to go with Wolf and maybe safety.

As far a s a RB I do not see John E popping for one high in the draft. Especially if Ma Gahee is back before the EOS or the draft. See more middle round 3-4 guys, happening there.

But Elway has surprised us pleasantly two times so far.

Picking an RB late burned them this year, and could likely keep them from going far in the playoffs. Not to mention it puts way too much pressure on Manning at the end of his career. They are going to look to ride this train as long as possible, and I'm sure will target an RB high. Remember, Carolina picked both Williams and Stewart in '06 and '08...currently we have nothing.

I see RB, and then BPA in the 2nd round. I seriously doubt the 2nd rounder will start immediately, no matter who it is.

Although, it looks like there might not be any RB's worthy of a 1st round pick...so they will probably have to go the FA route with RB too. Oh well.

Bacchus
11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia/uploaded_photos/2/2a/Robin_Meade-eyes-soft-sexy-hot-after_thumb_585x795.gif

pricejj
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM

Nah, he's only scheduled to make $3M next year. That's about right for the contribution he'll be expected to make. They definitely aren't going to cut him. He's here until the end of 2014.

errand
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM

If we win the SB...I agree.

However if we don't I suspect he'll play one more season even if it means playing a reduced role.

baja
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Actually 21 snaps. And if the NFL game center is about correct. Rivers threw. 40 times and there were 23 rushes so it was more like 65 snaps. My other number was a guesstimate considering they owned TOP. Seemed like more snaps than that.

Personally I did not think it was all that important.

He had a couple of nice plays, ONE TFL but beyond that IMO he was in memorable..

But then I do not have a woody for him like some seem to have.

Yu wanted to cut him in the middle of a SB run.

Carmelo15
11-20-2012, 05:33 PM
For those on this board who don't respect what D.J. Williams does on the field, I hold your football opinion with very low regard. I will just leave it at that.

SoCalBronco
11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
real class for a mod..

expected more from you..

Class?

Simply repeating what you ALWAYS say. Calling DJ numbnuts all the time and making fun of our HOF coach is what truly lacks class....but you are entitled to your opinion.

Bacchus
11-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Class?

Simply repeating what you ALWAYS say. Calling DJ numbnuts all the time and making fun of our HOF coach is what truly lacks class....but you are entitled to your opinion.

WHat he is saying you have to show class because you are a Mod. He on the other hand can act like a dip****.

HAT
11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
......HOF coach......
Hilarious!

baja
11-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Hilarious!

I don't think Mike Shanahan is an automatic for HOF either. He's got to do something in Washington with RGIII to make it. IMO

Not necessarily a SB but a playoff team for a few years.

Actually his stock has steadily been dropping since the SB years

Chris
11-20-2012, 06:27 PM
I have to be honest... love Shanahan... cherish those years... but I don't think he's a HOF coach at this point.

Pendejo
11-20-2012, 06:57 PM
For those on this board who don't respect what D.J. Williams does on the field, I hold your football opinion with very low regard. I will just leave it at that.

That's a little bit rough...don't you think?

Popps
11-20-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure DJ making a couple of tackles 11 games into the season is cause for celebration. Dude let his team and fans down repeatedly. On the upside, as many have speculated here... he was expendable with Woodyard being available to fill in and there has been no drop-off in play, and arguably improvement.

DJ can be a help coming off of the bench, which works just fine.

baja
11-20-2012, 07:22 PM
We need to add, "Little known JDR effect" to our repertoire of phrases

theAPAOps5
11-20-2012, 07:27 PM
He played well on the field. Just wonder how long until his "play" off the field rears its ugly head.......... Again.

Requiem
11-20-2012, 07:39 PM
We need to add, "Little known JDR effect" to our repertoire of phrases

It will be interesting to see what becomes of Williams and Mays in the off-season. Either way, Wesley has been impressive, Miller dynamite and situational players like Irving and Trevathan have made some impact plays when necessary. Don't think ol' Keith will have a future with us outside this year and Stevie Johnson isn't something to write home about.

Lets hope JDR sticks around for a while and can continue to help these players go. The younger players in our secondary seem to be improving as well. Hopefully we can keep building upon that and have a foundation for the future. A defense getting better than what we have with a clicking offense and we will be deadly. We just need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. We are our own worst enemies.

baja
11-20-2012, 08:05 PM
DJ he inherited and the book is out on that one given he hasn't coached him up yet. We will know more on JDR's effect on DJ by seasons end.

Mays is the head scratcher because he was signed to the big bucks contract on JDR's watch but he is on IR so there are still ?s as to his future development, maybe he needs more time in JDR's system.

The others are still unknowns but Danny looks like a nice player and I see Irving on the field more and more making plays and that's just the line backers.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Picking an RB late burned them this year, and could likely keep them from going far in the playoffs. Not to mention it puts way too much pressure on Manning at the end of his career. They are going to look to ride this train as long as possible, and I'm sure will target an RB high. Remember, Carolina picked both Williams and Stewart in '06 and '08...currently we have nothing.

I see RB, and then BPA in the 2nd round. I seriously doubt the 2nd rounder will start immediately, no matter who it is.

Although, it looks like there might not be any RB's worthy of a 1st round pick...so they will probably have to go the FA route with RB too. Oh well.

Most LB have the ability to start day one. Provided they are not busts.

I just do not see Elway spending a number 1 on a RB especially since we will not be picking until mid to late 20's.. Few great ones are left at that point.

I also doubt they draft one that is less than 230 pounds regardless of speed.

I beleive they finally see the merits of having a big back that cantankerous the pounding that the little guys can't, not to mention being able to run up the gut and get consistent positive yards.

Time will tell what they do. For that matter might go after UFA for their RB needs much like Ma Gahee. I would think that there are a few that would love to play in DEN after our recent success. Knowing they get enough carries to be good but not to many to shorten their career.

Hell they may use that number one to replace Clady who we can no longer afford at a position of less stature than it was ten years ago.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Yu wanted to cut him in the middle of a SB run.

Based on that quote I have no idea where you came up with that assumption.

But yes I have no use for a drunk, drug user on my team.

I do not see him contributing anymore than DT and KB can give us.

There is no way of knowing that they would not have had as many or more tackles than dumb ass did.

I'd rather give the reps to DT and get him easy for next year. Knowing that he is more long term than dumb ass is.

bowtown
11-20-2012, 09:41 PM
First and last time Lonestar will use the word cantankerous. Monkeys... Shakespeare... et al.

Damn he fixed it.

baja
11-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Isn't draft talk better left to KC and the like?

baja
11-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Based on that quote I have no idea where you came up with that assumption.

But yes I have no use for a drunk, drug user on my team.

I do not see him contributing anymore than DT and KB can give us.

There is no way of knowing that they would not have had as many or more tackles than dumb ass did.

I'd rather give the reps to DT and get him easy for next year. Knowing that he is more long term than dumb ass is.

Saved for post SB.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Class?

He is a dumb ass and do not hold your breath on mikey getting into the HOF. I know I'm not he will be lucky to survive the season in WAS.
As much as I dislike the the cowgirls I think they whoops some skins ass in 48 hours.

I know you have a woody for everything mikey and that is your cross to bear.

Still thought you would have more class. Had I been the mod I would have answered the PM. Instead of posting.

bowtown
11-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Isn't draft talk better left to KC and the like?

Nope. LS is really ready to start losing and getting that draft pick up. Really any wins from here on out aren't real and only hurt our position. Enough of this fluke season already.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 09:47 PM

You must be one of his drinking buddies.

And frankly I do not care about your opinion.

baja
11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
He is a dumb ass and do not hold your breath on mikey getting into the HOF. I know I'm not he will be lucky to survive the season in WAS.
As much as I dislike the the cowgirls I think they whoops some skins ass in 48 hours.

I know you have a woody for everything mikey and that is your cross to bear.

Still thought you would have more class. Had I been the mod I would have answered the PM. Instead of posting.

Punctuation, there's a reason for it.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Nope. LS is really ready to start losing and getting that draft pick up. Really any wins from here on out aren't real and only hurt our position. Enough of this fluke season already.

And this just shows what a moron you might be.

In years past without a QB, without a defense, without a decent chance at doing something like get our asses kicked in the playoffs yes I would have rather had a better chance at getting quality players not ony in the first but as many as seven times on draft day.

But I know that hollow win against PIT meant so much to you kiddies. To me ist was a loss of a lot better players for the future.

Carry on.

Jetland
11-20-2012, 10:34 PM

In years past without a QB, without a defense, without a decent chance at doing something like get our asses kicked in the playoffs yes I would have rather had a better chance at getting quality players not ony in the first but as many as seven times on draft day.

But I know that hollow win against PIT meant so much to you kiddies. To me ist was a loss of a lot better players for the future.

Carry on.

grab whomever you live with and make them read this out loud to you. Even IF you were making good points it would be next to impossible for any of us to tell.

baja
11-20-2012, 10:37 PM

Carry on.

Dude you drink at night don't ya.

theAPAOps5
11-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow Lonestar is just kind of premature ejaculating all over this thread, isn't he? He is just unloading!

lonestar
11-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Dude you drink at night don't ya.

Yep that diet root beer is a killer.

SoCalBronco
11-20-2012, 11:19 PM
I want to see someone wearing this at an OM tailgate....maybe even lonestar himself. ;D

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[LONESTAR]&set=key[number],value[55]&set=key[displaysize],value[500]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/pNFL-12530710_customback.chain]

baja
11-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Yep that diet root beer is a killer.

Actually it is. Aspartame, look it up!

It causes brain damage among other things, true story...

lonestar
11-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Actually it is. Aspartian, look it up!

It causes brain damage among other things, true story...

Actually no.

I make it myself.

Have my own carbonation for the bubbles.
No calories, no caffeine just soothing on the stomach.
Even get a great belch from time to time.

BTW y'all know about the only time I post on om iPad is when I'm taking a dump.

So this party is over.

baja
11-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Actually no.

I make it myself.

Have my own carbonation for the bubbles.
No calories, no caffeine just soothing on the stomach.
Even get a great belch from time to time.

So this party is over.

You shiit a lot.

Which is amazing because it comes out of both ends. ;D

lonestar
11-20-2012, 11:30 PM
I want to see someone wearing this at an OM tailgate....maybe even lonestar himself. ;D

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[LONESTAR]&set=key[number],value[55]&set=key[displaysize],value[500]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/pNFL-12530710_customback.chain]

Only when we get a real MLB. I doubt seriously we will ever meet at a tailgate unless it is done at my house.
I frankly know better than that.

So dream on.

wolf754life
11-20-2012, 11:38 PM
baja flaming as usual

Jetmeck
11-20-2012, 11:39 PM
real class for a mod..

expected more from you..

Don't blame the guy for telling the truth.

Your a one trick pony.

Actually two...sorry.....you hate unions because we all should work for peanuts and no benefits you company hack full of **** asshole ..........

That clear enuff for ya ?

Jetmeck
11-20-2012, 11:42 PM
WHat he is saying you have to show class because you are a Mod. He on the other hand can act like a dip****.

Mod or asshole...WTF difference does it make he was telling the truth.......................

baja
11-20-2012, 11:44 PM
baja flaming as usual

At last I don't copy other's avatars

wolf754life
11-21-2012, 12:41 AM
At last I don't copy other's avatars

i've had mine alot longer than you have had yours....

i'm telling my mom

pricejj
11-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Most LB have the ability to start day one. Provided they are not busts.

I just do not see Elway spending a number 1 on a RB especially since we will not be picking until mid to late 20's.. Few great ones are left at that point.

I also doubt they draft one that is less than 230 pounds regardless of speed.

I beleive they finally see the merits of having a big back that cantankerous the pounding that the little guys can't, not to mention being able to run up the gut and get consistent positive yards.

Time will tell what they do. For that matter might go after UFA for their RB needs much like Ma Gahee. I would think that there are a few that would love to play in DEN after our recent success. Knowing they get enough carries to be good but not to many to shorten their career.

Hell they may use that number one to replace Clady who we can no longer afford at a position of less stature than it was ten years ago.

1. RB - I don't see the Broncos spending $5M for a FA RB either...there really aren't any guys who would fit well into the Manning system (Felix Jones?). You gotta have a guy who is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. A 230 lb. pounder isn't versatile enough. If there is an impact guy in the 1st round, guaranteed we will take him.

2. LB - The Broncos may target an ILB high in the draft (2nd round?). Mays either needs to seriously restructure, or get cut. DJ can't be counted on forever, and Brooking is ancient. It would be wise to draft an impact ILB with talent high in the draft, though they might not want to shake things up just yet, because there are other areas in need of improvement.

3. CB - I think they'll drop Porter, sign another FA CB, and draft another CB. There are lot's available. They will probably resign Sticky Man for a couple more years, hoping they can get him for relatively cheap...he will be tested in the coming weeks. We'll try to roll with 6 CB's next year instead of 5, so a talent infusion is necessary. Not to mention Champ will probably retire after 2014 (probably the same time Manning does).

4. DT - I'm sure the Broncos are going to lock down Vickerson for a couple more years, and probably resign Bannan for one more year. Wolfe should be starting at UT next year you would think. If not, they could make a play at Randy Starks, Ty Warren's spot needs to be replaced.

5. WR - Not sure if Stokley can go another year in the same capacity. Caldwell stays, but Matt Willis gets replaced with a new addition. Whether it's a FA, or draft pick remains to be seen. The Broncos need to add a dynamic playmaker at WR. Matthew Willis is probably gone.

6. OL - You might be right about OT. We don't have the money to throw around for enormous contracts on the OL. Only problem with that is, it's not great to have a rookie LT protecting Manning. But I can't see spending $10M on Clady. I think franchising Clady is a very real possibility. Hopefully they can work something out that won't break the bank.

7. Safety - Rahim Moore has emerged, without question, as the teams best Safety (thank the lord). I see Mike Adams holding onto starting SS, with Bruton backing up. Leonhard and Q. Carter battle it out for the final Safety roster space.

8. DE - They probably bring back the same crew as this year, resigning Jason Hunter on a 1 year deal, which I'm fine with. Elvis and Von on the edges can't be beat.

9. TE - Is Julius Thomas worthy of a roster spot? I don't know, but it's difficult to imagine them making any significant TE additions.

10. QB - Adios Hanie in 2013. Roster spots are far too valuable around these parts. Trindon Holliday's addition makes it necessary to carry 6 WR's.

g6matty
11-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Hey pricejj jkno ur a big draft guru and had a lot of insight about players on the boards this past draft.

What do you think about the MLB from Georgia ogletree . A lot of mocks have him at late first round where I assume we'll be picking. Guy has a great frame excellent speed and he makes a lot of plays I hope if we go MLB we grab him

g6matty
11-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Lone star you're such a fagget why do u bad mouth everyone on the team ur the most negative person on the forums it's annoying. Dj came back played well and we won the game. Stop worrying about his contract because ur not paying the bills and he's not getting cut dum ass.

lonestar
11-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Lone star you're such a fagget why do u bad mouth everyone on the team ur the most negative person on the forums it's annoying. Dj came back played well and we won the game. Stop worrying about his contract because ur not paying the bills and he's not getting cut dum ass.

Wow another person that seems not OT know what civility is. Not to mention being 13 or posting like one.

As for dj he played well on at least one play. But since you do not know if someone else could have done as well, big deal.

Maybe you do not get or have not figured out that your allowance is not finite, but $7,700,000.00 is a lot of money for an average player.

I'd rather have TWO players that are slightly above average for the same price.

Not to mention maybe even play in 16+ games a year unlike Dumb Ass Williams..

Carry on punk.

lonestar
11-21-2012, 01:49 AM
1. RB - I don't see the Broncos spending $5M for a FA RB either...there really aren't any guys who would fit well into the Manning system (Felix Jones?). You gotta have a guy who is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. A 230 lb. pounder isn't versatile enough. If there is an impact guy in the 1st round, guaranteed we will take him.

2. LB - The Broncos may target an ILB high in the draft (2nd round?). Mays either needs to seriously restructure, or get cut. DJ can't be counted on forever, and Brooking is ancient. It would be wise to draft an impact ILB with talent high in the draft, though they might not want to shake things up just yet, because there are other areas in need of improvement.

3. CB - I think they'll drop Porter, sign another FA CB, and draft another CB. There are lot's available. They will probably resign Sticky Man for a couple more years, hoping they can get him for relatively cheap...he will be tested in the coming weeks. We'll try to roll with 6 CB's next year instead of 5, so a talent infusion is necessary. Not to mention Champ will probably retire after 2014 (probably the same time Manning does).

4. DT - I'm sure the Broncos are going to lock down Vickerson for a couple more years, and probably resign Bannan for one more year. Wolfe should be starting at UT next year you would think. If not, they could make a play at Randy Starks, Ty Warren's spot needs to be replaced.

5. WR - Not sure if Stokley can go another year in the same capacity. Caldwell stays, but Matt Willis gets replaced with a new addition. Whether it's a FA, or draft pick remains to be seen. The Broncos need to add a dynamic playmaker at WR. Matthew Willis is probably gone.

6. OL - You might be right about OT. We don't have the money to throw around for enormous contracts on the OL. Only problem with that is, it's not great to have a rookie LT protecting Manning. But I can't see spending $10M on Clady. I think franchising Clady is a very real possibility. Hopefully they can work something out that won't break the bank.

7. Safety - Rahim Moore has emerged, without question, as the teams best Safety (thank the lord). I see Mike Adams holding onto starting SS, with Bruton backing up. Leonhard and Q. Carter battle it out for the final Safety roster space.

8. DE - They probably bring back the same crew as this year, resigning Jason Hunter on a 1 year deal, which I'm fine with. Elvis and Von on the edges can't be beat.

9. TE - Is Julius Thomas worthy of a roster spot? I don't know, but it's difficult to imagine them making any significant TE additions.

10. QB - Adios Hanie in 2013. Roster spots are far too valuable around these parts. Trindon Holliday's addition makes it necessary to carry 6 WR's.

1. Not sure what Willis is getting per year but IIRC is is not 5mil a year. As for the 230 pound guy not being versatile enough. Already have one in Willis. Got to belove their are others that would love to play here and getting a known player vs some maybe out of the draft.

2.-7. Pretty much agree.
8 Von is not a DE. Although ayers seems to be doing well might be a long term sleeper if the price is right.
9 TE are serviceable but no Dallas Clark's that I have seen so far. Probably going to get one BIG guy somewhere.

Probably correct about Hanie IF OZ is ready to back up.

You see we are not all that far off.

g6matty
11-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Only two things from Texas... Steers n queers and u sure aunt no bull.

Take a look at the Miami game last year Dj put the team on his back with a huge strip sack in overtime which kickstarted our miraculous season.

Funny that Dj hasn't played in 9 weeks and he's already on the feild for the 4th play of the game Dj is worth his contract and he's gonna prove it every week . The guys hungry and humbled by this experience he's had this year. . He's gonna start at MLB very soon.

If u wanna cry about contracts bitch about mays 4 mil a year. Dj is easily twice the player he is so at 7 mil they'll cut mays this offseason and stick Dj at middle and the financials just worked itself out

lonestar
11-21-2012, 01:58 AM
Only two things from Texas... Steers n queers and u sure aunt no bull.

Take a look at the Miami game last year Dj put the team on his back with a huge strip sack in overtime which kickstarted our miraculous season.

Funny that Dj hasn't played in 9 weeks and he's already on the feild for the 4th play of the game Dj is worth his contract and he's gonna prove it every week . The guys hungry and humbled by this experience he's had this year. . He's gonna start at MLB very soon.

If u wanna cry about contracts b**** about mays 4 mil a year. Dj is easily twice the player he is so at 7 mil they'll cut mays this offseason and stick Dj at middle and the financials just worked itself out

Wow your juvelinile posts get better and better.

Your probably jealous you are not a Texan.

DJ is toast he is being played to get his trade value up. Unless he drops his next years money significantly he is gone from Denver.

You do realize he took a huge hit in reducing what is left of this year contract just to stay with the team, right?
Other wise he is a FA right now, so next year is something you can take to the bank because JOHN E will be..

He is dumber than a post and your love affair with him is going to end poorly unless you figure that out.

Last but not least. John E has been putting together quality players that for the most part were, Smart and leaders ( team captains) in college.. Guys with zero blemishes on their records.

DJ has embarrassed JOHNs team three times to many. Enjoy this dumb ass while you can, mattie..

g6matty
11-21-2012, 02:08 AM
Funny after two duis 9 game suspension tweeting a play book ; all things that should have got him released and he wasn't . AFTER ALL THAT THEY DECIDED TO KEEP HIM AROUND AND NOW HE'S PAYED HIS DEBTTO SOCIETY N THE TEAM WHY WOULD THEY RELEASE HIM IF ALL THAT WASN'T ENOUGH TO GET HIM THROWN OFF THE TEAM. The guys balling he's earning his keep and pay . He's not going anywhere u should focus your negativity elsewhere

The Joker
11-21-2012, 03:17 AM
DOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN'TTTTTTT...

CAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Action
11-21-2012, 03:18 AM
When lonestar posts it's like

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9r0mlZnVE1r5drjio1_500.gif

bowtown
11-21-2012, 03:24 AM

True on many levels.

fontaine
11-21-2012, 06:10 AM

What do you think of someone like Shon Greene/Stephen Jackson or even Jonathan Dwyer?

Absolutely, this is a big need and DJ can't be counted on as a starter next but just a depth player/insurance in case someone goes down.

Yeah, I'm with you on Randy Starks but I think he'll price himself out. What do you think about Dwan Edwards or even Glenn Dorsey who I definitely think would be a much better 1 tech 4-3 DT?

I think Stokley comes back for another year but we'll definitely need to bring in another slot WR for competition. Not much going in the FA class apart from Danny Amendola who's going to get a long term deal or be franchised.

Ray Finkle
11-21-2012, 07:28 AM
What do you think of someone like Shon Greene/Stephen Jackson or even Jonathan Dwyer?

Absolutely, this is a big need and DJ can't be counted on as a starter next but just a depth player/insurance in case someone goes down.

Yeah, I'm with you on Randy Starks but I think he'll price himself out. What do you think about Dwan Edwards or even Glenn Dorsey who I definitely think would be a much better 1 tech 4-3 DT?

I think Stokley comes back for another year but we'll definitely need to bring in another slot WR for competition. Not much going in the FA class apart from Danny Amendola who's going to get a long term deal or be franchised.

I'd take a shot at Dorsey....Welker would be a pipe dream for the slot.

lonestar
11-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Funny after two duis 9 game suspension tweeting a play book ; all things that should have got him released and he wasn't . AFTER ALL THAT THEY DECIDED TO KEEP HIM AROUND AND NOW HE'S PAYED HIS DEBTTO SOCIETY N THE TEAM WHY WOULD THEY RELEASE HIM IF ALL THAT WASN'T ENOUGH TO GET HIM THROWN OFF THE TEAM. The guys balling he's earning his keep and pay . He's not going anywhere u should focus your negativity elsewhere

You do not get it those things would have got him cut.

But until last Sunday he had not cost the team a dime or a roster spot.

He only came back because they told him in order to come back you have to take another cut in whats left of this years salary..

He has not paid his debt to society. He has yet to serve his time for the DUI.

He had a good play on the TFL. Beyond that lets not get all warm in the tummy for him.

He is a good LB making extraordinary pay. Right now a substitute player.

Do you understand all this?

Because your bromance with this skell should be redirected to someone or somewhere else.

fontaine
11-21-2012, 08:10 AM
And for the record DJ, even on limited snaps, accounted for 4 tackles, one for a loss (which is one more than Brooking has had all season) and was also tight in coverage.

Can't wait to see him make this defense better down the stretch. That is unless he gets suspended again! :)

DBroncos4life
11-21-2012, 08:37 AM

Dwyer is a RFA so the Steelers might get to keep him. Both Mendenhall and Redman are FA's though. Also don't forget about Welker who is a FA as well. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats went after Danny and let Welker go this offseason.

For the draft I would like to see Denver go Austin in the first round. The guy has Harvin like skills.

TheReverend
11-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Lol

Just lol

This thread title shouldve read 'DJ Williams returns... WW cements his spot at WLB anyway'

Requiem
11-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Lonestar doesn't like Ryan Clady, so he says we probably won't resign him because LT isn't as important as it was ten years ago. CLOWN.

gyldenlove
11-21-2012, 08:58 AM

RB. I think this team is going to give Hillman his due, they might not like him as a 25 carry per game guy, but I don't see them do anything crazy in free agency of the draft if they believe Mcgahee has another year in him and Hillman can take a larger share of the snaps next year.

LB. This right now looks like the biggest position of need. DJ is going to be a free agent and has a handful of games to show he needs to be back. Trevarthan, Woodyard and Miller are the 3 guys we can build around - I personally believe Mays may be cut. MLB is a position of need, we need an athletic guy in there who can play the run and drop into zone coverage.

CB. Porter is most likely gone, he was on a one year deal and I don't see them resigning him currently. Bailey probably has another year left in him at CB and Carter and Harris are playing well. If there is an athletic cover CB in the 1st round it wouldn't surprise me to see us go that way - I don't think we will be trying to make a big splash in FA at this position, especially given the Clady contract will need to be reworked along with Woodyard and a few others.

DT. This position is a real wild card, Bannan is a free agent, Warren is a free agent, Vickerson is a free agent. I believe Bannan and Vickerson may be back at reasonable costs, I assume we will sign a veteran player. Depending where they want to go with Jackson and Wolfe (DE or DT) they may decide getting a veteran is enough or they could go with a 1st or 2nd round big run stopping NT type DT.

WR. Stokley will skip part of OTAs but will be back for another year. There are a lot of good veterans in free agency this year including Ammendola, Jennings, Bowe, Welker, Drive, Danario Alexander (if he is healthy), Brian Hartline, Devery Henderson. I don't think this will be a position we are going to be drafting highly.

OL. They will either tag or sign Clady and other than that I doubt they will do much.

S. Safety is not a position of concern, with Carter back, Moore really growing into the role and Leonhard and Adams providing experience and depth there is no need to do anything.

TE. I see this as the biggest question mark on the team. Tamme has dropped too many balls and Dreesen is just not getting open consistently enough. Green is a solid blocker and has some playmaking ability but is not getting on the field enough. I would not be surprised to see us try to go after the Stanford guy in the 2nd round if he is there, we need a big athletic target who can provide those mismatches we see other top passing teams get with their TEs.

fontaine
11-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Dwyer is a RFA so the Steelers might get to keep him. Both Mendenhall and Redman are FA's though. Also don't forget about Welker who is a FA as well. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats went after Danny and let Welker go this offseason.

For the draft I would like to see Denver go Austin in the first round. The guy has Harvin like skills.

I just don't see the Rams let Amendola walk under any scenario and he's already said he has no problem being franchise tagged.

Welker? Who knows. I think there will several interesting RBs availalbe in free agency. I don't want Redman, too slow, can't move laterally well. I'd easily send a 6th rounder for Dwyer or Blount.

Medenhall is interesting though.

Rohirrim
11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I've never had any issues with DJ on the field. It's his "vacations" that bother me.

Flex Gunmetal
11-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Jesus tap-dancing christ.

Not only is Lonestar annoying the most annoying retard here with his constant complaining and arguing for the sake of standing out, but the dude has a tenuous grasp on the English language at best.

You really think people are going to give a rat's ass about your garbage takes, if deciphering your 3rd grade grammar is such a pain in the ass?

Step One: Determine whether or not what you are saying needs to be heard. Ask yourself "Am I being a jackass for attention?". If the answer is yes, refer to step three.

Step Two: Determine whether or not you can actually convey your garbled up thoughts in a manner that is even somewhat digestible to a fluent English speaker. If the answer is no, refer to step three.

Step Three: If your name is Lonestar, you have undoubtedly failed on the first two steps. Please forget your login information and throw your computer out the window of your leased double wide. Your life is now forfeit as your crusade to prove people wrong on the internet has come to an abrupt close.

May God have mercy on your soul.

http://i.imgur.com/2TeZv.gif

pricejj
11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
What do you think about the MLB from Georgia ogletree . A lot of mocks have him at late first round where I assume we'll be picking. Guy has a great frame excellent speed and he makes a lot of plays I hope if we go MLB we grab him

I pegged him as an early favorite, without knowing much about him (I looked into him after you mentioned him before). He seems like an extremely talented, low-cost, long-term option that would enable the Broncos to move on from D.J.'s contract. It would be a smart play moving forward, that would free up a lot of cash.

However, the Broncos may not be able to afford the luxury of drafting an LB in the 1st round. A lot depends on how Hillman and Moreno perform, and who we add (if anybody) at RB in Free Agency. The Broncos can certainly live with DJ Williams (and his contract) for the next couple years if necessary.

baja
11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
We could also restructure DJ's contract. Where else could he make even close to what his current contract is.

pricejj
11-21-2012, 10:28 AM

1. Good call on Shonn Greene. That might be the guy they target. He'll be looking to get paid, maybe we can get him with the little known Manning effect for ~$3M.
2. The Broncos probably can't afford Steven Jackson.
3. Jonathan Dwyer would nice, but don't see him moving with RFA status. I guess it depends on what draft pick restriction they place on him.

1. We could probably afford Starks at $5M per year depending on where they want to play Wolfe. I would play Wolfe at UT, and forget about adding another UT.
2. Isn't Dwan Edwards under contract through 2013?
3. I think they are probably pretty happy with Vickerson, and won't look to add Dorsey, unless they can't come to reasonable terms with Big Vick. Dorsey's health is a big question.

Agree. I think they try to find a gem of a mid-round WR to take Matthew Willis' spot. Then hope the new guy can add some playmaking ability now, while developing into a possible #2WR in the future.

DBroncos4life
11-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I just don't see the Rams let Amendola walk under any scenario and he's already said he has no problem being franchise tagged.

Welker? Who knows. I think there will several interesting RBs availalbe in free agency. I don't want Redman, too slow, can't move laterally well. I'd easily send a 6th rounder for Dwyer or Blount.

Medenhall is interesting though.

Odds are the rams won't let Danny go but, if they do I see the Pats landing him. Honestly I think the Steelers keep Redman and Dwyer and let Hall go. I would like him or Jackson in the off season.

gyldenlove
11-21-2012, 10:36 AM
We could also restructure DJ's contract. Where else could he make even close to what his current contract is.

We already did when he was suspended. The exact terms aren't known.

pricejj
11-21-2012, 10:41 AM

That's a good idea. Restructure and extend him a couple years. Then if we signed a reasonably priced FA RB (Mendenhall/Greene/Redman), and another FA CB to replace Porter...along with resigning all of our own Free Agents...we would be able to go BPA throughout the draft, which would be awesome.

Kaylore
11-21-2012, 10:47 AM
I've never had any issues with DJ on the field. It's his "vacations" that bother me.

Exactly. I never argued he was a bad player. He's not a playmaker, but I was willing to accept that given he was always where he was supposed to be and is a sound tackler.

If DJ makes a big tackle in a game, it doesn't mean his DUI's and horse urine, pot-smoking problems didn't happen magically.

BroncoFanDoug
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I posted on an earlier DJ thread that I thought DJ would play MLB some in the San Diego game and would be starting by the playoffs.

Right now I am very comfortable with that prediction.

As to DJ being gone next year, I doubt it. Unless of course he makes another off field bone-headed move. He does love playing football so his 9 weeks off might have slapped him in the face hard enough to keep him on the straight and narrow. Here is hoping so - he is a very good (note I did not say elite, Lonestar) LB in the prime of his career.

Mogulseeker
11-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Manti Te'o

lonestar
11-21-2012, 11:09 AM
RB. I think this team is going to give Hillman his due, they might not like him as a 25 carry per game guy, but I don't see them do anything crazy in free agency of the draft if they believe Mcgahee has another year in him and Hillman can take a larger share of the snaps next year.

LB. This right now looks like the biggest position of need. DJ is going to be a free agent and has a handful of games to show he needs to be back. Trevarthan, Woodyard and Miller are the 3 guys we can build around - I personally believe Mays may be cut. MLB is a position of need, we need an athletic guy in there who can play the run and drop into zone coverage.

CB. Porter is most likely gone, he was on a one year deal and I don't see them resigning him currently. Bailey probably has another year left in him at CB and Carter and Harris are playing well. If there is an athletic cover CB in the 1st round it wouldn't surprise me to see us go that way - I don't think we will be trying to make a big splash in FA at this position, especially given the Clady contract will need to be reworked along with Woodyard and a few others.

DT. This position is a real wild card, Bannan is a free agent, Warren is a free agent, Vickerson is a free agent. I believe Bannan and Vickerson may be back at reasonable costs, I assume we will sign a veteran player. Depending where they want to go with Jackson and Wolfe (DE or DT) they may decide getting a veteran is enough or they could go with a 1st or 2nd round big run stopping NT type DT.

WR. Stokley will skip part of OTAs but will be back for another year. There are a lot of good veterans in free agency this year including Ammendola, Jennings, Bowe, Welker, Drive, Danario Alexander (if he is healthy), Brian Hartline, Devery Henderson. I don't think this will be a position we are going to be drafting highly.

OL. They will either tag or sign Clady and other than that I doubt they will do much.

S. Safety is not a position of concern, with Carter back, Moore really growing into the role and Leonhard and Adams providing experience and depth there is no need to do anything.

TE. I see this as the biggest question mark on the team. Tamme has dropped too many balls and Dreesen is just not getting open consistently enough. Green is a solid blocker and has some playmaking ability but is not getting on the field enough. I would not be surprised to see us try to go after the Stanford guy in the 2nd round if he is there, we need a big athletic target who can provide those mismatches we see other top passing teams get with their TEs.

Actually DJ has one more year on @ $7,700,000.00.. as it stand right now..

His production is not what you expect for that kind of money..

Rohirrim
11-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Manti Te'o

He'll be a top five pick. We won't get within smelling distance.

lonestar
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Not only is Lonestar annoying the most annoying retard here with his constant complaining and arguing for the sake of standing out, but the dude has a tenuous grasp on the English language at best.

You really think people are going to give a rat's ass about your garbage takes, if deciphering your 3rd grade grammar is such a pain in the ass?

Step One: Determine whether or not what you are saying needs to be heard. Ask yourself "Am I being a jackass for attention?". If the answer is yes, refer to step three.

Step Two: Determine whether or not you can actually convey your garbled up thoughts in a manner that is even somewhat digestible to a fluent English speaker. If the answer is no, refer to step three.

Step Three: If your name is Lonestar, you have undoubtedly failed on the first two steps. Please forget your login information and throw your computer out the window of your leased double wide. Your life is now forfeit as your crusade to prove people wrong on the internet has come to an abrupt close.

Wow just when I thought there were no more morons on this forum.. another one jumps up and plays forum police..

Ask me if I care about your take..

BTW my "double wide" is about 2600 square feet in prime neighborhood, Pool, Spa and sauna.. all paid for and again Ask me if I care about your take..

Flex Gunmetal
11-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Wow just when I thought there were no more morons on this forum.. another one jumps up and plays forum police..

Ask me if I care about your take..

BTW my "double wide" is about 2600 square feet in prime neighborhood, Pool, Spa and sauna.. all paid for and again Ask me if I care about your take..
Question: Do you care about my take?
Answer: You're damn right you do, look at all these letters you arranged into words, which you in turn used to compose sentences. The sentences in question were, in fact, directed at me. With a little braggadocio for added effect.

Since you are clearly uneducated, allow me to inquire about the methods you employed to acquire your mass wealth?

lonestar
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
We already did when he was suspended. The exact terms aren't known.

It was restructured only for this year. Right now he Is playing for next year contract where ever that might be. Since he is on the books for $7.7 mil next year playing back up as it stands for now. That is not going to stand, hoping he plays lights out and some moron GM will give us something for his dumb ass. But then Millen is not in DET anymore sothat seems unlikely.

He is not going unseat Woodyard or Miller so that means the only slot is MLB which he has already done once before and has not shown a huge aptitude for that. Typically the MLB takes from sideline and makes the calls on defense and adjusts them to fit what the O is showing them. He is not smart enough to do that and no amount of coaching up from JDR is going to fix that.

Now they may decide he is a good enough athlete to overlook him making the calls but, that stills calls in Elways upgrading of the team to his players. Smart and leaders two things DJ is not.

Not to mention JDR is a LB guy I suspects he wants players that can do their job in all respects.

baja
11-21-2012, 11:39 AM

Damn. We need to hire Poili away from KC so we can get us some high draft picks, right Bob. That's the way to build for the future huh.

lonestar
11-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Answer: You're damn right you do, look at all these letters you arranged into words, which you in turn used to compose sentences. The sentences in question were, in fact, directed at me. With a little braggadocio for added effect.

Since you are clearly uneducated, allow me to inquire about the methods you employed to acquire your mass wealth?

You flatter yourself, if you really think I could give a crap about your pissant posts and or critiques.

You commented about my living conditions, decided you needed to be put straight since your assumptions were 180 degrees from fact.

As how I amassed my wealth, since you are the forum cop you can figure it out.

baja
11-21-2012, 11:45 AM

See Movie Trailer Park Boys. "Nobody cares about coins"

DBroncos4life
11-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I see one poster in this thread is having a hard time catching on that DJ isn't playing WLB anymore.

lonestar
11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
So how about that DJ. Did he even suit up today?

While I did not pay real close attention, I did not notice him on the field today sure saw a lot of brooking on the field and a few plays for Trevathan.

And Woodyard kicked ass. Guessing he led the team in tackles and maybe even sacks. Our dynamic duo was real quite today.

lonestar
11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
So how about that DJ. Did he even suit up today?

While I did not pay real close attention, I did not notice him on the field today sure saw a lot of brooking on the field and a few plays for Trevathan.

And Woodyard kicked ass. Guessing he led the team in tackles and maybe even sacks. Our dynamic duo was real quite today.

cabronco
11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I seen him on one play where the D stripped the ball, but guys knee was down. I wonder why he got so much time last week but minimal today?

lonestar
11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
I seen him on one play where the D stripped the ball, but guys knee was down. I wonder why he got so much time last week but minimal today?

fox had to make all the whine babies on OM happy.

Just looked up his stats. ZIP...

Maybe Fox was giving him some film time last week so there is something for other coaches to see during trade talks.

JPPT1974
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Well seems that Fox did not want to play him today. As he felt that DJ did not deserve to play this week.

Mogulseeker
11-25-2012, 09:30 PM

Do you think we could get into the top five with our 1st, a 2nd, and DJ?

Bacchus
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
I wondered about him. It seems they could have used him against the run I kept seeing Brooking making no impact at all. But on to next week and their stud running game.

lonestar
11-25-2012, 11:29 PM
I wondered about him. It seems they could have used him against the run I kept seeing Brooking making no impact at all. But on to next week and their stud running game.

Do you really think that JDR thought this?

Or are you just fantasizing it.

lonestar
12-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Lets see dumb ass had 5 total tackles today.

DT had 4..

Yep he is back. Ahahahahahahaha

swaiy
12-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Did DJ leave a burning brown paper bag of **** on your porch or something?

Your obsession is borderline creepy.

Which is ironic since you say all the others that think he is a decent player are "obsessing over dumbass."

Obsession is obsession and yours is unhealthy :)

ZONA
12-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Lets see dumb ass had 5 total tackles today.

DT had 4..

Yep he is back. Ahahahahahahaha

Yup, because stats tell the whole story don't they. Brain cells, stop killing yours.

Why don't you, instead of posting his stats, review the game tape and see how many plays he was in for, how many mistakes did he make, how many good plays did he make. Miller didn't have a ton of tackles either. Does that mean he had a bad game? My point has been made.

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Its really a good thing Williams is still on the team. He'll be a FA at the end of the year so no matter where he goes hopefully he has turned his life around.

lonestar
12-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Its really a good thing Williams is still on the team. He'll be a FA at the end of the year so no matter where he goes hopefully he has turned his life around.

Actually dumb ass has another year Of a contract left as it stands $7,700,000.00.

But hopefully he will indeed be gone and can turn his life around elsewhere.

As for being a good thing he is on the team. The point of my post was DT did almost as good in far less snaps. for one hell of a lot less money.

Someone mentioned watching the tape, while I was not specially looking for DJ, he was only seen a few times. One for a tackle AFTER THE RB HAD MADE HIS first down. Another of his patented drag down tackles from behind.

Obsessed, not hardly but whomever made this sorry assed thread seemed to be.

lonestar
12-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Yup, because stats tell the whole story don't they. Brain cells, stop killing yours.

Why don't you, instead of posting his stats, review the game tape and see how many plays he was in for, how many mistakes did he make, how many good plays did he make. Miller didn't have a ton of tackles either. Does that mean he had a bad game? My point has been made.

How about you do it and make a book report about it. Since you seem to have a bromance with him.

ZONA
12-07-2012, 02:43 AM
How about you do it and make a book report about it. Since you seem to have a bromance with him.

A book report? Really? Are you in 8th grade or something? I saw DT miss on some plays as well. Do you mention those? No, you don't care to because it's not a player you have it out for.

And for your bromance comment, again you are off the mark. I've been on the fence about DJ. Go back and look through some threads. Oh that's right, you don't like to do your homework and research anything. You just fly off at the mouth impulsively with no facts to back anything up.

baja
12-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Actually dumb ass has another year Of a contract left as it stands $7,700,000.00.

But hopefully he will indeed be gone and can turn his life around elsewhere.

As for being a good thing he is on the team. The point of my post was DT did almost as good in far less snaps. for one hell of a lot less money.

Someone mentioned watching the tape, while I was not specially looking for DJ, he was only seen a few times. One for a tackle AFTER THE RB HAD MADE HIS first down. Another of his patented drag down tackles from behind.

Obsessed, not hardly but whomever made this sorry assed thread seemed to be.

I started the thread and I am hardly obsessed with DJ Williams. He is a roll player on a team with a lot of roll players that together with some great players have put together something special.

You are the leading poster in this thread with 30 posts out of 116 total and are the #1 poster by almost double second place, I'd say the obsession is yours.

Oh and please stop assigning initials to every player just because you can't spell his name and are too lazy to look it up. Danny Trevathan has not earned a DT monicker. Use this link if you can't spell a name.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster.html

lonestar
12-07-2012, 08:09 AM
A book report? Really? Are you in 8th grade or something? I saw DT miss on some plays as well. Do you mention those? No, you don't care to because it's not a player you have it out for.

And for your bromance comment, again you are off the mark. I've been on the fence about DJ. Go back and look through some threads. Oh that's right, you don't like to do your homework and research anything. You just fly off at the mouth impulsively with no facts to back anything up.

Guess I hit your hot button.

Your comment before this one says it all. On the fence sure thing, if you say so.

Once again I said I did not watch the game to critic every play/player. I was watching the game for enjoyment.

Some yahoo made a comment in one of the thread about DJ lighting it up at OAK since it was not worth the time to go find it I added this to a DJ thread.

Love it when a comment is made and folks go ape crap defending their stances, as I said earlier sure thing.

On the fence? I suspect you are in the closet about him. Where I make zero illusions about how I feel. He is a loser and not that great that anyone should want to keep him at next years salary. For that matter

baja
12-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Now you have 31 posts in this thread but you call others obsessive. You must take a lot of dumps

lonestar
12-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I started the thread and I am hardly obsessed with DJ Williams. He is a roll player on a team with a lot of roll players that together with some great players have put together something special.

You are the leading poster in this thread with 30 posts out of 116 total and are the #1 poster by almost double second place, I'd say the obsession is yours.

Oh and please stop assigning initials to every player just because you can't spell his name and are too lazy to look it up. Danny Trevathan has not earned a DT monicker. Use this link if you can't spell a name.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster.html

Well let's look at the title of the thread.

So where are a all those D J Williams haters ???

While the quote had zero comment about haters, it looks like you had an agenda making up the thread title. A conclusion could be drawn because of that.

As for my numerous responses with an exception here and there all where rebuttals of fan bois snipes at me or stating facts.

Now I could have started yet another thread on dumb ass but thought it poignant to just add to and rebutt in the same thread.

If you do not want me to reply in a thread then I suggest folks do not make a defense for the defenseless.

I'm hardly the first to use initials of player in thread so PLEASE DO NOT TELL Me what I have earned the right to do or not to do. I know how to spell his name I do not need a pompous ass to give me directions on finding it on their web site.

If you want to have TJ issue an edict I'll follow it until then please be quiet.

Have a great day. As I will, by celebrating a victory over a division rival that always IMO always gives us their best game. Where many thought it would be a cake walk, I did not.

lonestar
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Now you have 31 posts in this thread but you call others obsessive. You must take a lot of dumps

No just a few minutes of time between contractors.

Now talk about obsessive, keeping post counts. Sorry it sounds like You need a life.

Dedhed
12-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Trevathan>DJ

Heyneck
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Trevathan>DJ

This

pricejj
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Trevathan>DJ

Trevathan has fire and is getting better.

Like I said at the start of the year, Trevathan might be the long-term answer at MLB at around 240 lbs.

The way both Trevathan and Woodyard fly around is impressive. Brooking is a liability in pass coverage...and the DL seems to be stuffing the run enough to allow us to have smaller LB's. It would be great if the Broncos could get away with 3 OLB's on the field (including Miller), and no ILB's...given today's passing NFL.

DJ played well in limited snaps (again). Still haven't gotten a big enough sample size of his play to make a determination of his value.

baja
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Well let's look at the title of the thread.

While the quote had zero comment about haters, it looks like you had an agenda making up the thread title. A conclusion could be drawn because of that.

As for my numerous responses with an exception here and there all where rebuttals of fan bois snipes at me or stating facts.

Now I could have started yet another thread on dumb ass but thought it poignant to just add to and rebutt in the same thread.

If you do not want me to reply in a thread then I suggest folks do not make a defense for the defenseless.

I'm hardly the first to use initials of player in thread so PLEASE DO NOT TELL Me what I have earned the right to do or not to do. I know how to spell his name I do not need a pompous ass to give me directions on finding it on their web site.

If you want to have TJ issue an edict I'll follow it until then please be quiet.

Have a great day. As I will, by celebrating a victory over a division rival that always IMO always gives us their best game. Where many thought it would be a cake walk, I did not.

Well actually I said Danny boy has not earned the right to go by just initials but you do have the reading comprehension issue so I understand.

baja
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
No just a few minutes of time between contractors.

Now talk about obsessive, keeping post counts. Sorry it sounds like You need a life.

Not all that hard just a click on the total post count in any thread gives you the break down

ZONA
12-07-2012, 11:32 AM

Like I said at the start of the year, Trevathan might be the long-term answer at MLB at around 240 lbs.

The way both Trevathan and Woodyard fly around is impressive. Brooking is a liability in pass coverage...and the DL seems to be stuffing the run enough to allow us to have smaller LB's. It would be great if the Broncos could get away with 3 OLB's on the field (including Miller), and no ILB's...given today's passing NFL.

DJ played well in limited snaps (again). Still haven't gotten a big enough sample size of his play to make a determination of his value.

Trev is not better then DJ right now as some suggest. As you said, there isn't enough of a sample size right now to determine this. I say he isn't because I still see easy mistakes that Trev is making out there. A few times yesterday I saw him clearly over react to a fake and got way out of position on plays. Other times he had nice plays. But DJ is playing well for the limited snaps he is getting. I think he had a sack yesterday but it was called back due to PI on Champ. He's bigger the Trev and probably just as fast. So, when guys like loinstar come in here and say DJ's not worth his salary, well that's because they are easing him back into the mix. Nobody is concerned right now about next year and he's obsessed with the salary DJ will make next year. Hey, how about we just care about this year and if he can help this team win a Superbowl.

lonestar
12-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Well actually I said Danny boy has not earned the right to go by just initials but you do have the reading comprehension issue so I understand.

Glad to know that you are the one and only pobah on OM that decides which player gets the privilege. Here is your post.

The implication is there that I did not have the right to do so.

If my posts bother you so much place me on IGGY. Just less posts I have to make to your male bovine excrement..

lonestar
12-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Not all that hard just a click on the total post count in any thread gives you the break down

Once again I bow to your all knowing, and gracious being.

I have done so dozens of times while posting on an iPhone because is next to the arrow for seeing the last post. Not because I care, but big fingers on very small screen.

I never implied you took the time to go through and count the posts. Just that you are the one that seems to be obsessed with how many posts I have made.

Not why I made them but just that I had. So sad.

baja
12-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Glad to know that you are the one and only pobah on OM that decides which player gets the privilege. Here is your post.

The implication is there that I did not have the right to do so.

If my posts bother you so much place me on IGGY. Just less posts I have to make to your male bovine excrement..

I hear the are having a 24 hour sale on "a sense of humor" down at WalMart this weekend.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Trev is not better then DJ right now as some suggest. As you said, there isn't enough of a sample size right now to determine this. I say he isn't because I still see easy mistakes that Trev is making out there. A few times yesterday I saw him clearly over react to a fake and got way out of position on plays. Other times he had nice plays. But DJ is playing well for the limited snaps he is getting. I think he had a sack yesterday but it was called back due to PI on Champ. He's bigger the Trev and probably just as fast. So, when guys like loinstar come in here and say DJ's not worth his salary, well that's because they are easing him back into the mix. Nobody is concerned right now about next year and he's obsessed with the salary DJ will make next year. Hey, how about we just care about this year and if he can help this team win a Superbowl.

Agree with your post. DJ and Trev are probably about the same speed. Danny was kinda hanging with McFadden on the 36 yard run (albeit 5 yards back).

DJ played well in his limited time, but it's hard to compare him against Brooking, because Brooking is out there 75% of the time. Would DJ gain or lose effectiveness if he played more? Still waiting to find out the answer to that question.

I think JDR trusts Brooking. I also think DJ is gaining trust, so we'll see what happens here at the end of the season. Everybody played okay against the Raiders...kinda hard to tell on such a crappy field.

Bannan and Brooking are getting preference over Ayers and DJ in my opinion. Ayers should be starting LDE (with Wolfe starting at UT), and DJ should be starting MLB. That isn't happening (and probably won't this year).

JDR is stubborn. I guess, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Only problem is, if it breaks in the playoffs, it's too late to fix it.

baja
12-07-2012, 04:05 PM

I have done so dozens of times while posting on an iPhone because is next to the arrow for seeing the last post. Not because I care, but big fingers on very small screen.

I never implied you took the time to go through and count the posts. Just that you are the one that seems to be obsessed with how many posts I have made.

Maybe Santa will bring you a real computer...

... or smaller fingers

lonestar
12-07-2012, 04:15 PM

Not sure who has really said DT is better than dumb ass, I'm not yet to make that call. Although with the very limited playing time he has had when subbing for Brooking IMO he would make a better MLB than dumb ass would be..
29 tackles , 3 pass defensed and a sack not bad for very limited snaps.

Real cutesy name calling though you were more adult.

If you really think they are easing him back into play, why start him yesterday, at WLB. You know he will never beat out WW when he is ready to come back, as for his salary right now he is taking a huge reduction just to come back to the team this year.

My implications are that as a backup next year in his last year of his current absurd contract he will make $7,700,000.00. Do your really thinks anyone is stupid enough to pay that, I'm pretty sure that The John's will not and even most posters would not if it is someone else's money. Which BTW most armchair GMs might as they have no concept of budgeting and salary cap management.

IMO DJ is not the guy that John E wants on his team, to many run ins with the law, PED/drugs, his stints with Goodell and the back breaker last spring with his social media crap. His contract is is prohibitive for limited playing time down the road.
Glad we had some one at a reduced salary to cover for WW in his absence, but make no illusions he take a HUGE hit again next year to play back up or he is traded OR cut. Even then I think John, Fox, JDR go with DT for the long term over and for this reason alone DUMB ASS because he flat is.

lonestar
12-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Maybe Santa will bring you a real computer...

... or smaller fingers

Smaller fingers well if that means a reduction I other parts of the body not only no but HELL NO, thanks anyway.

I have two iMacs in the back office in the house. 21 & 27 inch biggies. I have chosen to use my iPads and iPhones even though there is an occasion miss type or screen issue.

FWIW I also have several big Dells in storage from my business I retired from when I stopped doing business. Along with several laptops.

I like apple products now that I do not have to number crunch like I used to do.

But again thanks for your concern.

baja
12-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Fat limp peters are not much use except maybe for trolling at airport urinals.

Flex Gunmetal
12-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Since everyone here dislikes you so much, why not make an effort to be less of a jerkoff?

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM

I'm impressed with his tackling and range. He plays bigger than he is. If Williams is let go it will be because of Trevathan's play.

Broncos_OTM
12-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Me personally think you guys should throw on the boxing gloves

Requiem
12-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Every time I see lonestar post, I listen to Ether by Nas and it is all good. Take one guess.

baja
12-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Me personally think you guys should throw on the boxing gloves

Why I'm not the one with the swollen sausage and anger issues.

Bacchus
12-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Why I'm not the one with the swollen sausage and anger issues.

Baja, you asked where all the Williams haters were and well you found one.

baja
12-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Baja, you asked where all the Williams haters were and well you found one.

Ha ha You got a point there.

Requiem
12-07-2012, 08:39 PM
lonestar is a misanthrope.

baja
12-07-2012, 08:50 PM
lonestar is a misanthrope.

Man haven't you heard He has two big apple super computers / 2 iPads / 2 iPhones / a Dell lap top and 2 massive IBM business computers in storage. This dude is some sort of message board legend.

pricejj
12-07-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm impressed with his tackling and range. He plays bigger than he is. If Williams is let go it will be because of Trevathan's play.

I still think Trevathan can be a great MLB for the Broncos. He has the speed, size, and was a tackling machine in college.

He's the same size and speed as Jon Beason...maybe faster.

Trevathan's playing time just keeps increasing...it's going to be very hard to keep him off the field.

WLB - Woodyard
MLB - Trevathan
SLB - Miller

lonestar
12-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Fat limp peters are not much use except maybe for trolling at airport urinals.

Come on man. I expected more than attacks from you.

At least a valid arguement.

Instead going troll, I really expected you not to be like some.

baja
12-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Come on man. I expected more than attacks from you.

At least a valid arguement.

Instead going troll, I really expected you not to be like some.

Dude that was funny. Don't miss out on that WalMart sale.

No wonder you're on the can so much, you're full of shiit. ;D

lonestar
12-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Since everyone here dislikes you so much, why not make an effort to be less of a jerkoff?

Just calling it like I see it. Sorry if it steps on those that have a huge bromance toes.

If all folks have is calling names then they lack arguements or a defense.

With a few excpetions I rarely directly attack some one. There are a lot of morons on here, yet they must feel the heat of my posts and go ballistic.

Guess the truth hurts for them.. Calling names come easy for some.

baja
12-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Just calling it like I see it. Sorry if it steps on those that have a huge bromance toes.

If all folks have is calling names then they lack arguements or a defense.

With a few excpetions I rarely directly attack some one. There are a lot of morons on here, yet they must feel the heat of my posts and go ballistic.

Guess the truth hurts for them.. Calling names come easy for some.

Oh I see, you think you matter.

g6matty
12-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Lodestar do you have Facebook or anything I want too see the fag behind the username

lonestar
12-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I still think Trevathan can be a great MLB for the Broncos. He has the speed, size, and was a tackling machine in college.

He's the same size and speed as Jon Beason...maybe faster.

Trevathan's playing time just keeps increasing...it's going to be very hard to keep him off the field.

WLB - Woodyard
MLB - Trevathan
SLB - Miller

I'm not sure that he has the capacity to make the front seven defense calls. Also I'd like my MLB to be closer to 250 than 220. But maybe he has the size to handle a few more pounds.

I know I have liked what I have seen of him, let's hope he can handle it and will get the rest ofthe year to sell himself for the job. If not it is time to get one in the Off season.

Thanks for actually posting about players. " Refreshing it is"- Yoda

lonestar
12-24-2012, 01:25 PM
well let us see in his past couple of games since the last post in here..

WK Opp Result Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF FR
16 CLE W 34-12 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
15 @BAL W 34-17 2 2 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --

Did he even dress yesterday?

yep he is a valued player..

look to see him in NOL next year with his butt buddy vilma..

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Hard to put up stats when you are only in there 2 or 3 series in a game. I understand that its because Woodyard is playing well so I get the reasoning, but it still sucks. I also hope he goes somehwere where he is used and wanted. Urlacher is about done, maybe move Briggs to MLB and put DJ at WLB, that would be cool. I'd be a very happy if he went to the Bears.

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Hard to put up stats when you are only in there 2 or 3 series in a game. I understand that its because Woodyard is playing well so I get the reasoning, but it still sucks. I also hope he goes somehwere where he is used and wanted. Urlacher is about done, maybe move Briggs to MLB and put DJ at WLB, that would be cool. I'd be a very happy if he went to the Bears.

Next to Fletcher in their 34,imo. Then he can still get blitzes too. Chi wouldn't rush him nearly as often

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Next to Fletcher in their 34,imo. Then he can still get blitzes too. Chi wouldn't rush him nearly as often

I know you think he did well in the 3-4 in 09 and 10, but I think he's better in a 4-3....not that I would be complaining if he was on Washington, though. ;D

lonestar

oh I bet you wooody

whoops meant to say I bet you would..

back with all you favs..

theAPAOps5

Well they seem to have acquired a taste for incredible athletes who are limited by incredibly poor mental acuity. He will fit right in!

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:35 PM
oh I bet you wooody

back with all you favs..

:wiggle:

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromace with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?

lonestar
12-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Well they seem to have acquired a taste for incredible athletes who are limited by incredibly poor mental acuity. He will fit right in!

:thumbs:

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:36 PM
oh I bet you wooody

back with all you favs..

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromance with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:37 PM

Booo.

:)

Honestly, if he went to the Bears I'd get a reversible Jay/DJ jersey. I know the reversibles are expensive, but it would definitely be worth it. :thumbsup:

TheReverend
12-24-2012, 01:40 PM
I know you think he did well in the 3-4 in 09 and 10, but I think he's better in a 4-3....not that I would be complaining if he was on Washington, though. ;D

I think it's where he belongs. Playing inside WITHOUT the mental responsibilities of checks, alignments, etc

lonestar
12-24-2012, 01:47 PM

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromance with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?

the whole idea about a message board for fans is so they can talk about the team.

I have zero issues with that..

when someone really drools over a player then IMO is is a bit unhealthy..

when folks point out that the players are not all that, people get there butt hurt and defend them to the nth degree.. then it becomes fair game..

I have said since dumb asses first DUI that he should be gone and that his numbers have slipped and that WW would be just as good if not better mostly because he is a smart player..

OM is the bigs not your ordinary football forum, time to grow some or hair up.. or go back to namby pamby BC..

as for the DT comment I do not recall it but there must have been a real love fest going on about him, To my knowledge I have never had an issue with him since day one.. therefore some must have really been drooling about him..

CEH
12-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Denver needs to find it's own Bobby Wagner next year

lonestar
12-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I think it's where he belongs. Playing inside WITHOUT the mental responsibilities of checks, alignments, etc

called that one correctly..

a hell of an athlete, but dumb as a box of rocks..

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:53 PM
the whole idea about a message board for fans is so they can talk about the team.

I have zero issues with that..

when someone really drools over a player then IMO is is a bit unhealthy..

when folks point out that the players are not all that, people get there butt hurt and defend them to the nth degree.. then it becomes fair game..

I have said since dumb asses first DUI that he should be gone and that his numbers have slipped and that WW would be just as good if not better mostly because he is a smart player..

OM is the bigs not your ordinary football forum, time to grow some or hair up.. or go back to namby pamby BC..

as for the DT comment I do not recall it but there must have been a real love fest going on about him, To my knowledge I have never had an issue with him since day one.. therefore some must have really been drooling about him..

LOL. Weak response but at least you gave your reasoning. Its not mutually exclusive you know. I root for the Broncos too...ofcourse I'm not balls to the wall for them like I was as a younger person, but I still support them and root for them and follow them quite closely. The Broncos are still my favorite NFL football team and my No. 3 team in sports overall, which is pretty damn good. Rooting for a player and the team isnt not mutually exclusive so you shouldnt have an issue with it. Those are my guys. They aren't persona non grata just because they arent on the team anymore. I don't look at it that way. This isn't the old USSR where someone became a non-person when they weren't in the Soviet leadership anymore. That's not how I look at things. I'll root for my favorites no matter where they are. One can walk and chew gum at the same time. To each their own, dude.

Requiem
12-24-2012, 01:55 PM

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromace with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?

He rarely has anything good to say about any Broncos players. The guys he has drooled over (Peyton Hillis, etc.) ended up sucking balls anyways. In over ten years of posting with him on football forums, there isn't a quality take on a player that can even be remembered. He openly embraced Josh McDaniels and thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. You already know his Tanahan daft doodle discussions to a T.

You are trying to get sense out of a guy who dismissed guys like Marshall, Dumervil, Clady, etc. all because of the level of competition they faced in college, regardless of the fact that they are top(s) at their respective positions in the NFL. He is a negative Nancy, who thinks that he has something to offer in regards to a good opinion because he has been a "fan" since Day 1 and was a lineman back when dudes put on leather helmets.

He is a farce and a sham, and as stated (from his own typing) -- his only purpose on this board is to troll.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 01:57 PM
He rarely has anything good to say about any Broncos players. The guys he has drooled over (Peyton Hillis, etc.) ended up sucking balls anyways. In over ten years of posting with him on football forums, there isn't a quality take on a player that can even be remembered.

You are trying to get sense out of a guy who dismissed guys like Marshall, Dumervil, Clady, etc. all because of the level of competition they faced in college, regardless of the fact that they are top(s) at their respective positions in the NFL. He is a negative Nancy, who thinks that he has something to offer in regards to a good opinion because he has been a "fan" since Day 1 and was a lineman back when dudes put on leather helmets.

He is a farce and a sham.

Wow I didnt know he liked Hillis. Interesting to know. Thanks Req.

Requiem
12-24-2012, 02:08 PM

I just think it is funny that he says that you following DJ Williams and supporting him (which makes sense, since he was a Cane and Bronco) is unhealthy, when he has been kicked off virtually every forum because of his trolling on Mike Shanahan and other ridiculous anti-Broncos behavior.

Yep, rooting for a college favorite on your favorite NFL team is sure unhealthy -- but posting diatribe on a HOF coach who helped us win two Super Bowls is completely the opposite. This guy is so insane it is beyond belief.

lonestar
12-24-2012, 02:13 PM

well once again dream is distorting the facts..

but I'd expect that from a kid I've had to ban damned near a dozen times from another forum..

I was not a clady fan because he played at BS against weak competition.. Have said many times I was wrong .. But now not sure that he is going to be worth the money he is going to want..

as for Doom called him and one trick pony because all he does it sack and frankly not worth the money again for being the highest paid bronco on the team..

was dead on about my takes on DJ, Cutlet, mikey, Marshall , ashely, moss, foster and numerous other DAFT choices that mikey made..

I still say that mikey was and is a great OC but beyond that I'm not sure of his validity of the money he was making..

I liked Hillis because he was a big back that could take the punishment.. did not like tater because he was a poortiss wannabe.

Liked Mike Anderson and the direction that Josh was going to take this team.. we needed to get bigger and tougher mikeys finesse offense and defense got our asses kicked when the chips were down..

I think just looking at who we are today vs 5 years ago it is light years ahead..

as for the chicken **** shot about wearing leather helmets at least I strapped a helmet on verse learning how to play on madden and FF..

just more crap from a punk that should have been banned a dozen more times here for his rude and childish commentary..

think that is about it.. I have work to do..

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 02:15 PM
I just think it is funny that he says that you following DJ Williams and supporting him (which makes sense, since he was a Cane and Bronco) is unhealthy, when he has been kicked off virtually every forum because of his trolling on Mike Shanahan and other ridiculous anti-Broncos behavior.

Yep, rooting for a college favorite on your favorite NFL team is sure unhealthy -- but posting diatribe on a HOF coach who helped us win two Super Bowls is completely the opposite. This guy is so insane it is beyond belief.

LOL.

DJ has always been a favorite of mine because he was the greatest HS player I ever saw (also saw Daylon McCutcheon in HS and he was great also) and easily my favorite recruit in the 2000 class. And then he chose my college team (Schiano was his main recruiter, oddly enough) and did very well there and was drafted by my pro team and did very well when they allowed him to play his spot. He has had his issues which I hope he can correct but I'll always be grateful to him for how well he played for both of my teams.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NmwXPpSHaTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lonestar
12-24-2012, 02:17 PM
LOL. Weak response but at least you gave your reasoning. Its not mutually exclusive you know. I root for the Broncos too...ofcourse I'm not balls to the wall for them like I was as a younger person, but I still support them and root for them and follow them quite closely. The Broncos are still my favorite NFL football team and my No. 3 team in sports overall, which is pretty !@#$%^&* good. Rooting for a player and the team isnt not mutually exclusive so you shouldnt have an issue with it. Those are my guys. They aren't persona non grata just because they arent on the team anymore. I don't look at it that way. This isn't the old USSR where someone became a non-person when they weren't in the Soviet leadership anymore. That's not how I look at things. I'll root for my favorites no matter where they are. One can walk and chew gum at the same time. To each their own, dude.

yeah yeah yeah, your drooling over mikey, cutlet, Bm and numerous other players or ex players says other wise..

I call it like i see it regardless of your status on the forum..

BTW I like several other teams as well as players in the NFL , just do not gush over them..

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 02:20 PM

Well, Bears are one of your 3 favorite teams so I could see your reasoning.
Why of all the Broncos players, you have to pick the one who is a pretty much a douche as part of the face of Broncos football? A guy with his suspensions and his drinking issues? I know he is Miami U but for God sakes, I didn't get all pissed off when Billy Miller (USC) went to the Texans! I know it might be tough to find a stand up guy from South Florida area but you can replace him with some standout guys without so much baggage.
The 3 Amigo Douchebags: Cutler, Williams and Marshall .
There is a hot shirt item.

Porter got beat out of his spot after one game. Why can't Williams beat out WW? He isn't as good as WW and probably expendable for next season. With that being said, I hope he kicks some ass when he is in there. He is a Broncos player for the 2012 season.

EDIT: SOCal, just read your post but I would hide that excitement for the last few years.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Marshall dude. I wish him well and I am rooting for him to do well on Chicago but he isn't an all-time favorite or anything like that like the others. I said at the time we would have to trade him due to how the former CBA was it severely limited recovery in morals clauses, so it was hard to insure the risk. I like Marshall as a player, but he isn't in the category with the rest, John.

(Plus, Khan sends me vicious text messages every time I say something even remotely positive about Marshall, so I'd rather not get those. :) ).

Requiem
12-24-2012, 02:27 PM
When Lonestar gets banned. People are stoked. (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-273637.html)

When I get banned. People get sad. (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-10980.html)

Truth of the matter is, there hasn't been a forum Lonestar/JRWIZ has ever been on that he was liked. He was kicked off the moderating team of a forum he tried to help start because he was an insufferable, divisive personality that nobody liked being around. That is the long and short if it. Nothing more to say. I've asked him via PM time and time again to let go of ten years of hate, but he refuses to. He simply cannot grow up.

For well over a decade, he and others, would harass younger people (especially those who didn't agree with politically -- lets say me for instance) and even go to the extent (with others) of trying to find a way to hurt them personally in real life. They even recruited people to pile on me and report me on the boards to bait into getting banned. (See schnooks and Jody in the thread I linked to regarding me being banned from BF.) This is well-documented above in the link I showed in regards to me.

Pretty sad and pathetic. He is a 50+ year old man trying to act tough on an internet message board because he is an empty, lonely person. Now he is on the OM, talking about how his kids are better than others kids on here, how he is better than us because he has more money, that liberals are stupid, Mike Shanahan and DJ fans have an unhealthy obsession, etc. He has an incredibly huge ego. 60,000 + posts online and he has the audacity to say people like W*GS (who have far less) have too much time on their hands.

What is his excuse? No interpersonal social life in the real world.

For God sakes, I was like 13 when I was posting online. I can only imagine what 13 year old me sounded like. But for a grown adult to exhibit the behavior he has then and now is quite troublesome. I often think of my parents (probably around the same age) and cannot even imagine them doing something like that. Then again, they are mature individuals who would never feel the need to piss on kids. It takes a special kind of perverted soul to do what Lonestar has done to me and many others online for a long time.

For someone who is supposedly a believer in God, he sure acts like a pretty big **** stain.

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Marshall dude. I wish him well and I am rooting for him to do well on Chicago but he isn't an all-time favorite or anything like that like the others. I said at the time we would have to trade him due to how the former CBA was it severely limited recovery in morals clauses, so it was hard to insure the risk. I like Marshall as a player, but he isn't in the category with the rest, John.

(Plus, Khan sends me vicious text messages every time I say something even remotely positive about Marshall, so I'd rather not get those. :) ).

I didnt have you as a Marshall fan. I have you as a Cutler, Shanny and DJ WIlliams fan. A little too much as I was going to send you Fat Heads of all 3 but Khan told me you already have those filled up around the house. No more wall space.

g6matty
12-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Lmaooo requiem. Lonestar is sooo gay. Great post

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I didnt have you as a Marshall fan. I have you as a Cutler, Shanny and DJ WIlliams fan. A little too much as I was going to send you Fat Heads of all 3 but Khan told me you already have those filled up around the house. No more wall space.

Actually I do not have any fatheads, presently. I used to have a Penguins fathead but it had a hard time sticking to the wall after about 6 months so I just took it down. We'll see if I get any tonight as gifts, but if I don't get any, feel free to get me fatheads for the wall if you wish. :)

I would gladly put up fatheads for Elway, Shanny, Shannon, Rod, Ed, DJ, Cutler, Scheffler, Nixon, Sebastian the Ibis, Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin, Huntsman or Al Golden.

Feel free to bring them over at any time John. I know you don't like venturing outside of the Orange curtain, but LA County won't bite, I promise (actually, I'm in a part of LA County that is very much like the OC).

;D

BroncoMan4ever
12-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Actually I do not have any fatheads, presently. I used to have a Penguins fathead but it had a hard time sticking to the wall after about 6 months so I just took it down. We'll see if I get any tonight as gifts, but if I don't get any, feel free to get me fatheads for the wall if you wish. :)

I would gladly put up fatheads for Elway, Shanny, Shannon, Rod, Ed, DJ, Cutler, Scheffler, Nixon, Sebastian the Ibis, Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin, Huntsman or Al Golden.

Feel free to bring them over at any time John. I know you don't like venturing outside of the Orange curtain, but LA County won't bite, I promise (actually, I'm in a part of LA County that is very much like the OC).

;D

Goddamn I hate the Penguins, but they have and have had some tremendous talent there.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
I didn't notice DJ much yesterday. I couldn't watch the game as close as I would like I had a family xmas party and between plays was having conversations.

Action
12-24-2012, 05:15 PM
I didn't notice DJ much yesterday. I couldn't watch the game as close as I would like I had a family xmas party and between plays was having conversations.

There was no reason to...he didn't record a stat. I didn't see him until late in the game (not to say he wasn't in packages all game long).

lonestar
01-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Season Team Games Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF FR

2012 DEN 7 1 14 10 4 0.0 -- 1 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --

yep he was a difference maker this year.. hope they cut his worthless butt and make room for someone that is not a head case..

WK Opp Result Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF FR
17 KC W 38-3 1 1 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --
16 CLE W 34-12 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
15 @BAL W 34-17 2 2 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --
14 @OAK W 26-13 5 4 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --
13 TB W 31-23 2 0 2 0.0 -- 1 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --
12 @KC W 17-9 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
11 SD W 30-23 4 3 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --

ahahahahahahaha

not worth $7,700,000.00 next year is he?