PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Woodyard on his way to the Pro Bowl?

KevinJames
11-20-2012, 05:14 AM
I don't see an OLB outside of Von Miller in the AFC that would go over him that has the kind of combination of stats like this^5

We could see 2 Bronco OLBs elected pro bowl this year. (of course they won't be playing in it because we will be in the SB ;) )

Tackles: 88
Sacks: 3 (2nd in 4-3 OLBs, Von obv. 1)
FF: 1
TFL: 6
INTs: 3 (leads all OLBs)
He has impressive stats, but most of all watching him I feel like hes playing at a Pro Bowl level.:strong: Good thing we got him re-signed to a 2 year deal this off-season, lets hope we can extend that deal when the time is right and keep him in Denver.

uplink
11-20-2012, 05:28 AM
With the LB play, I think the broncos LB coach (Rich Smith?) is going to get more interest as a d-coordinator around the league. The broncos denied him an interview last year. If Del Rio leaves, I think the broncos hire Smith for the job.

socalorado
11-20-2012, 05:37 AM
See Avi.
Damn straight he's making the pro bowl.

DBroncos4life
11-20-2012, 05:51 AM
I don't see an OLB outside of Von Miller in the AFC that would go over him that has the kind of combination of stats like this^5

We could see 2 Bronco OLBs elected pro bowl this year. (of course they won't be playing in it because we will be in the SB ;) )

He has impressive stats, but most of all watching him I feel like hes playing at a Pro Bowl level.:strong: Good thing we got him re-signed to a 2 year deal this off-season, lets hope we can extend that deal when the time is right and keep him in Denver.

Not trying to hate but he is up against 3-4 OLBs as well.

Baba Booey
11-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Too many idiots nationwide that probably still don't know who he is, unfortunately.

Agamemnon
11-20-2012, 07:18 AM
He should go in my opinion, but his complete lack of name recognition is going to hurt him.

Agamemnon
11-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Not trying to hate but he is up against 3-4 OLBs as well.

I'll never understand that. 3-4 OLBs are basically just 4-3 DEs. That's who they should be competing against.

That One Guy
11-20-2012, 07:31 AM
3-4 OLBs get more flashy plays and more face time so they'll definitely dominate. 4-3 OLBs are an afterthought.

Bigdawg26
11-20-2012, 08:27 AM
He should go in my opinion, but his complete lack of name recognition is going to hurt him.

This! I hate to say it but James Harrison or a Bart Scott will get votes based on popularity ahead of him. I think he and Chris Harris have been lights out for us.

Pick Six
11-20-2012, 09:15 AM
This! I hate to say it but James Harrison or a Bart Scott will get votes based on popularity ahead of him. I think he and Chris Harris have been lights out for us.

The Pro Bowl is nothing but a popularity/name recognition contest. The coaches know what he has accomplished, though...

Conklin
11-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Plenty more Broncos are among the top-five at their respective positions in the AFC, including outside linebackers Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard, who are one and two among AFC vote-getters.

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3726454

gyldenlove
11-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Woodyard won't go to the pro-bowl, it is nothing but a pure popularity contest filled with East-coast bias and haters and more importantly it would interfere with his availability for the Super Bowl - I know Woodyard is enough of a team guy to forego a free trip to Hawaii to play in the annual back-patting scrum in order to play in the Super Bowl.

ZONA
11-20-2012, 11:54 AM
and why waste any time at all doing a contract for Miller. This offseason, just get it done. The guy will have more then proven himself his 1st 2 years. Pay the man, pay him well, get it DONE.

Mogulseeker
11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Him and Chris Harris were both undrafted free agents... there are some others on the team as well.

The last time I remember getting this much production out of UDFAs and low-rounders was the year we won our first Super Bowl.

I voted WW for the Pro Bowl... I think he's certainly performing at a Pro Bowl level.

Action
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Him and Chris Harris were both undrafted free agents... there are some others on the team as well.

The last time I remember getting this much production out of UDFAs and low-rounders was the year we won our first Super Bowl.

I voted WW for the Pro Bowl... I think he's certainly performing at a Pro Bowl level.

So you're telling us that you didn't vote for some Broncos?

Shame on you....

Shame. on. you.

gyldenlove
11-20-2012, 12:20 PM

Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt (I hear he has the position locked up), Mitch Unrein, Matt Willis, Tony Carter...

baja
11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
For us Peyton Manning was an undrafted free agent

Punisher
11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Too many idiots nationwide that probably still don't know who he is, unfortunately.

Yup only Bronco homers know about Woodyards improvement