PDA

View Full Version : Stokely just said on NFLN Moreno.......

Jetmeck
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
is next man up......I hope so.

Moreno plays great against the Chiefs...........

GO BRONCOS.................

El Guapo
11-19-2012, 01:32 PM
You were one period away from making me going bat **** crazy. Thanks.

errand
11-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Hopefully Moreno and the other guys will step up and "git r done".....

DarkHorse30
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Good - Moreno is getting his best opportunity since signing an NFL contract. If his blocking is good enough, the dumpoffs to him will be great.

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Good - Moreno is getting his best opportunity since signing an NFL contract. If his blocking is good enough, the dumpoffs to him will be great.

I wanna see one of these on Hali:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DvUEgjqKLFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kid A
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM
The little known "WOW factor"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/81oRCSfJ6Q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pricejj
11-19-2012, 01:46 PM
"Knowshon Saves Broncos Superbowl Run!!"

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2011/12/knowshon-moreno.jpg

cmhargrove
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Moreno doesn't need to be a 150 yard per game rusher in order to help this team. If we can get 75-80 yards out of him per game (if he starts), he will help to keep opposing defenses honest - Manning does the rest.

fwf
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I dont buy it. Maybe next man up who gets to wear a Jersey. You dont go from 4th to 1st over night and become the team savior. Lets Get behind Ball can we.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
You dont go from 4th to 1st over night and become the team savior.

Tim Tebow says "hi"

FrankieTwoThumbs
11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Tim Tebow says "hi"

And Von Miller rolls his eyes.

elsid13
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Let hope he been doing his Crossfit

Requiem
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
The little known "WOW factor"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/81oRCSfJ6Q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Port of Miami was a ****ing excellent drop by Rick Ross.

Jetmeck
Give the first rounder one more try before we dump him.

KM....your up. Make it count.

bronco militia
I think it's written somwhere that Knowshow's WOW factor doesn't appear until the broncos are down a few scores

cmhargrove
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
I dont buy it. Maybe next man up who gets to wear a Jersey. You dont go from 4th to 1st over night and become the team savior. Lets Get behind Ball can we.

You really believe this?

Moreno has at least been a starting running back at some point in his career. Do you really think Ball has the talent to be an 80 yard per game rusher? I'm afraid he's not going to be our next Reuben Droughns. Moreno is a much better option, and the fact tha McGahee has been fumbling will lower expectations (sadly).

Ball seems like a great guy, he really does, but he has never shown he is ready to be a starting running back.

razorwire77
I'll be rooting for the kid. I just hope his play reflects the realization that this might be his last real shot and I don't just mean with the Broncos.

baja

Bet ya that i the main concern with KM.

Requiem
11-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Moreno is better in pass protection than any of the backs we have.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't know, I think KM is a good blocker and great at picking up blitzes as well. At this point, I would take him over Ball.

And I say that as someone that is largely disappointed with Moreno.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 02:30 PM

just beat me to it

^5

Goobzilla
11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Expect the worst, hope for the best, settle somewhere in the middle. Just be good enough to make them respect the run.

Jetmeck
I'll be rooting for the kid. I just hope his play reflects the realization that this might be his last real shot and I don't just mean with the Broncos.

Exactly................:strong:

Cito Pelon
I don't know what to think about Moreno at this point. Dude was trying to play RB with a knee brace on, something I've never seen from an RB before. Maybe the rest time has done him some good.

It's not like Hillman has been producing mightily, nor Ball, so it would be nice to see Moreno produce. Holliday I guess is the 4th string RB.

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Slowshon will be hurt before we know it. We need a vet back anyways.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Slowshon will be hurt before we know it. We need a vet back anyways.

Is it that hard to just support the guy? I am not a fan, but he's a Bronco and potentially the next man up.

How about we root for him to succeed instead of expecting him to fail?

Good lord.

fwf
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
You really believe this?

Moreno has at least been a starting running back at some point in his career. Do you really think Ball has the talent to be an 80 yard per game rusher? I'm afraid he's not going to be our next Reuben Droughns. Moreno is a much better option, and the fact tha McGahee has been fumbling will lower expectations (sadly).

Ball seems like a great guy, he really does, but he has never shown he is ready to be a starting running back.

It doesn't matter what you think Moreno can do. The coaches dont agree with you. He doesnt even dress man. Assuming he's not hurt, this is all the proof we need. They dont think much of him. They didnt draft him. You guys live in la la land. You really think Moreno will come out next week and get 20 carries? Fox doesnt care what he's done in the past or how high he was drafted. He cares about how you look in practice this week. He may get a few carries and if he looks good he may get a few more, but as of right now I think Ball takes McGahee's spot and its status quo.

baja
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Against KC is absolutely the best game to see what KM can bring now that he has had a chance to watch games in street cloths. They should give him Bell's cell phone number so he can ask him if there is any difference between playing in the NFL and working in a Kiosk.

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Is it that hard to just support the guy? I am not a fan, but he's a Bronco and potentially the next man up.

How about we root for him to succeed instead of expecting him to fail?

Good lord.

I've seen enough from the got I don't expect much. He lost me dancing against Raiders in that abortion of a game.

fwf
11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Tim Tebow says "hi"

I said overnight. Tebow was #2 when he took over.

baja
11-19-2012, 02:45 PM

I thought he was great on one play and whiffed on another. Seems the book on him was he was not consistent but I am not sure about that.

razorwire77
11-19-2012, 02:46 PM
At this point, any guy you sign off of the street isn't going to be ready against the Chefs. I think you start Hillman, and give him 10-12 carries to see if he can get into a rhythm and see if the additional reps help the game to start to slow down for him. The problem though is that it seems to me like he still struggles with the protections and with where to lineup when PFM audibles. Start Hillman, and use Moreno as the 3rd Down back, with Ball as the "power" back. Just glad we've got a relatively easy schedule down the stretch.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 02:47 PM
It doesn't matter what you think Moreno can do. The coaches dont agree with you. He doesnt even dress man. Assuming he's not hurt, this is all the proof we need. They dont think much of him. They didnt draft him. You guys live in la la land. You really think Moreno will come out next week and get 20 carries? Fox doesnt care what he's done in the past or how high he was drafted. He cares about how you look in practice this week. He may get a few carries and if he looks good he may get a few more, but as of right now I think Ball takes McGahee's spot and its status quo.

Man you are an idiot. If Ball was so good why did he get replaced by a rookie too. You have been wrong a bunch of times up and down these threads. That's why everyone thinks you are just a troll. Only trolls keep coming back for more after being wrong so many times. The others just disappear.

baja
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't know what to think about Moreno at this point. Dude was trying to play RB with a knee brace on, something I've never seen from an RB before. Maybe the rest time has done him some good.

It's not like Hillman has been producing mightily, nor Ball, so it would be nice to see Moreno produce. Holliday I guess is the 4th string RB.

Maybe this will turn out to be like the WW situation. He just might surprise everyone and play lights out just like WW is doing.

Note; I want to go on record that I never gave up on Knowshon Morano.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM

NFL coaches have never been wrong about anything.

Cito Pelon
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Ya know, it's a good idea to have your fingers on the laces, Knowshon . . .

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe this will turn out to be like the WW situation. He just might surprise everyone and play lights out just like WW is doing.

I want to go on record and say I did.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
NFL coaches have never been wrong about anything.

ever

baja
11-19-2012, 02:53 PM

It's encouraging that you don't think much of him. That means he will be great.

Drunken.Broncoholic
It's not out of the ordinary to see someone lose their job in sports, sit on the bench, then come back with a better passion for the game.

Pony Boy

Are you sauced?

Drunken.Broncoholic

This right here all day long.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
McGahee has only gotten over 66 yards three times this year...against the Falcons (26th against the run), Raiders (23rd against the run), and Saints (32nd against the run).

The Broncos can overcome this, and it couldn't have came at a better time.

socalorado
11-19-2012, 02:59 PM
I want to go on record and say I did.

I also want to go on record and say i did as well. ^5

Cito Pelon
11-19-2012, 03:01 PM
It's not out of the ordinary to see someone lose their job in sports, sit on the bench, then come back with a better passion for the game.

That's what we're hoping for. Also he was coming off an ACL last November I believe. Gotta hope for the best.

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I suspect the carries to be split between all three of them. Ride the hottest bum will be method of attack.

bfoflcommish
11-19-2012, 03:05 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZirl2PgOpZveC2CJQH3t18QXpQYqur 5XXH8cc3lJkoDP0pxXuSxtF69MeVQ

fwf
11-19-2012, 03:06 PM
So lets hear why Moreno should get more carries then Ball. Seriously.

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 03:06 PM

When is deangelo going to report?

baja
11-19-2012, 03:08 PM

A big THIS

fwf
11-19-2012, 03:08 PM

I never talked bad about Moreno. I just said dont expect him to get 20 carries and 100 yds next week. My point was .. the coaches dont think much of him. Which is what we should be discussing. That and if Ball can be effective.

razorwire77
11-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Honestly, I hope they give Hillman every opportunity to get the bulk of the carries and get something going. Best case scenario is that the lights go off for Hillman and he can start utilizing his quickness and speed more effectively. I'd love for him to break a couple of long ones and have the game slow down a bit. He's not going to be Walter Payton, but if he could do a semi-decent Jamal Charles impersonation we'll be fine. If not, it's just going to have to be a patchwork rotation (probably until we draft a back next year.)

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Moreno will just be used for his dancing and pelvic thrusts in blowouts.

fwf
11-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Honestly, I hope they give Hillman every opportunity to get the bulk of the carries and get something going. Best case scenario is that the lights go off for Hillman and he can start utilizing his quickness and speed more effectively.

This might be a good idea if/when we get up big next week

Kid A
11-19-2012, 03:20 PM

I'll go on record as optimistic about Moreno filling in, but I never felt like a lack of passion was his issue, especially last year when he had been demoted for McGahee. He was running hard through to the end of plays and looked determined...until his knee blew out. His ability to pass block and hold on to the ball will determine if he gets the bulk of the carries.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
When this season started I said this offense would be tailor made for Moreno. If Moreno cannot succeed in this offense he was no good. Then he comes in an fumbles the first game of the year.

I still maintain this though. I think Moreno could be pretty good lets see what he can do AND instead of brining in Steve Slayton or anyone else they need to take Johnson off the practice squad and give him a chance.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-19-2012, 03:28 PM

Because Ball sucks.

Done

Rabb
11-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Because Ball sucks.

Done

Yeah, I really don't see how anyone watching Ball this year can be really confident about him over KM.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Excellent! I'm sure KM knows this is his last shot at an NFL career. He's going to destroy Mullethead Stadium. At the end of this one, there will be nothing left but mustard and ketchup stained grass. :charge:

peacepipe
11-19-2012, 04:21 PM
You really believe this?

niether has noshow moreno

s0phr0syne
11-19-2012, 04:31 PM
From what I saw this season, KM's inactivity was a function of the numbers game. Knowshon and McGahee were playing too similarly in this offense to keep both of them active. Obviously, Willis has the edge in talent and production, but I wouldn't say it was a huge disparity. If Knowshon had been playing ST, I really think that he would have been active over Ball.

But Ball does play ST, he's on Punt and Kickoff. As a result he was active because he brought more value. With McGahee out, I fully expect KM to be the next man up and to do a damn good job at it.

My post is full of "I thinks", so there's not really a huge amount of objective information to back this up, but I look forward to the rubber meeting the road this weekend against the Chiefs.

RedskinBronco
11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Time to step up Moreno. Do it.

Hamrob
11-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Yep....the team thinks so highly of Moreno...that they brought Steve Slaton (and others) in for a workout today. Hmm.

Bronco X
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
"It feels good to be back, but you hate to see a teammate go down with an injury," said Moreno, who was inactive in the past eight games. "That really hurts. But at the same time, we have a lot of capable guys in the backfield that can get the job done for this team also."

Read more: Broncos' Willis McGahee out 6-8 weeks with MCL tear; compression fracture - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22027671/broncos-willis-mcgahee-out-6-8-weeks-mcl#ixzz2CicUoPJG
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Moreno is already talking about being back. I suspect they will go with the Moreno/Hillman/Ball trio and see if they can be productive before they sign anyone off the street. I wasn't sure how deep in the doghouse Moreno was... not deep enough to keep him there under present circumstances apparently. Hope he makes the most of what could be his final opportunity.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Yep....the team thinks so highly of Moreno...that they brought Steve Slaton (and others) in for a workout today. Hmm.

This says more about Johnson on the practice squad than anything. Instead of bringing him up on the roster they are going to sign someone else??

Johnson is by far the fastest RB I think he needs a chance.

Old Dude
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I give him 40 carries before he gets hurt and goes to IR.

kappys
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I think Hillman took Moreno's job not Ball. Ball being active had a lot to do with his special teams contributions - hard to have your 3rd RB active if he doesn't also contribute on ST

errand
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM

Worked in 1983 for our rookie QB who was benched after starting slowly and looking lost....later he took over when other guy got hurt and played much better

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Worked in 1983 for our rookie QB who was benched after starting slowly and looking lost....later he took over when other guy got hurt and played much better

that guy was a scrub.

peacepipe
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
From what I saw this season, KM's inactivity was a function of the numbers game. Knowshon and McGahee were playing too similarly in this offense to keep both of them active. Obviously, Willis has the edge in talent and production, but I wouldn't say it was a huge disparity. If Knowshon had been playing ST, I really think that he would have been active over Ball.

But Ball does play ST, he's on Punt and Kickoff. As a result he was active because he brought more value. With McGahee out, I fully expect KM to be the next man up and to do a damn good job at it.

My post is full of "I thinks", so there's not really a huge amount of objective information to back this up, but I look forward to the rubber meeting the road this weekend against the Chiefs.

they're two completely differant RBS. KM is a change of pace RB like hillman.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 04:56 PM

Moreno seems to have more power and agility than Hillman at this point in their careers.

s0phr0syne
11-19-2012, 04:58 PM

Change-of-pace typically refers to players who bring speed to the table. Knowshon's Slowshon moniker is not for nothing. if by "change of pace" you're referring to an inability to carry the load, I'd have you look at the fact that McGahee was basically tapping out after every 2-3 runs anyway, so we haven't had a bell-cow back all season. I think the status quo will be very much intact.

I honestly don't think see McGahee and Knowshon as being that much different, but our discussion here won't prove it one way or the other. Just gonna have to see what happens Sunday!

peacepipe
11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Change-of-pace typically refers to players who bring speed to the table. Knowshon's Slowshon moniker is not for nothing. if by "change of pace" you're referring to an inability to carry the load, I'd have you look at the fact that McGahee was basically tapping out after every 2-3 runs anyway, so we haven't had a bell-cow back all season. I think the status quo will be very much intact.

I honestly don't think see McGahee and Knowshon as being that much different, but our discussion here won't prove it one way or the other. Just gonna have to see what happens Sunday!

let me put it this way,KM is a 3rd down RB. like hillman. he's not an every down back,never was.

canadianbroncosfan
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/05/52/35/1484608/3/628x471.jpg

JJ37 please

baja
11-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I give him 40 carries before he gets hurt and goes to IR.

I think that is why they have kept him safe on the inactive list hoping he would finish out the season if and when needed.

KipCorrington25
11-19-2012, 05:27 PM

And isn't this the same play he blew his knee out?

errand
11-19-2012, 05:30 PM

He's faster, more agile, better hands with 77 catches on 105 times targeted (73%), is a competent blocker, has more experience as a starter with 1920 yards rushing (career 4.1 ypc) 19 total TD's....averages one fumble for every 62 touches...

By comparison Ball has only 737 yards rushing (4.2 ypc) and only 3 total TD's and 27 receptions out of 50 times he's been targeted (54%) despite having played the same number of seasons...averages one fumble for every 41 touches

so to summarize, Moreno is the better athlete, more experienced runner, who hangs onto the ball better, is more reliable as a pass catcher and does more with it when he does touch it.

errand
11-19-2012, 05:38 PM
let me put it this way,KM is a 3rd down RB. like hillman. he's not an every down back,never was.

Well given that Hillman came in for McGahee on 3rd down, and Hillman isn't an every down back, and neither is Ball...then what difference does it make who we put in? As you just stated, none of them are an "every down" RB.

fwf
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I think that is why they have kept him safe on the inactive list hoping he would finish out the season if and when needed.

Sry baja but that's balogni. They aren't going to keep guys inactive to keep them fresh. He's there bc he's 4th on the depth chart.

fwf
11-19-2012, 05:41 PM
He's faster, more agile, better hands with 77 catches on 105 times targeted (73%), is a competent blocker, has more experience as a starter with 1920 yards rushing (career 4.1 ypc) 19 total TD's....averages one fumble for every 62 touches...

By comparison Ball has only 737 yards rushing (4.2 ypc) and only 3 total TD's and 27 receptions out of 50 times he's been targeted (54%) despite having played the same number of seasons...averages one fumble for every 41 touches

so to summarize, Moreno is the better athlete, more experienced runner, who hangs onto the ball better, is more reliable as a pass catcher and does more with it when he does touch it.

But don't forget that Moreno isn't good enough to dress

errand
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM

The Broncos are just doing their due dilligence.....RB goes down, you generally bring in someone else or promote a practice squad guy.

peacepipe
11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Well given that Hillman came in for McGahee on 3rd down, and Hillman isn't an every down back, and neither is Ball...then what difference does it make who we put in? As you just stated, none of them are an "every down" RB.

if it wasn't for willis he would play more,probably start. lance ball at 5'9" 215 has the size to be an every down back,an ability to run in between the tackles. if KM was an every down RB he would have already proven it.

HILife
11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I hope Moreno can live up to his 1st round pick.

errand
11-19-2012, 05:50 PM
that guy was a scrub.

Yeah, I know right? word on the street is that he works for a classless organization.....

WolfpackGuy
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't know how much rust he has from being on the shelf for so long, but he has had his best days against the Cheaps.

Question is: Will he hold onto the ball?

errand
11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
But don't forget that Moreno isn't good enough to dress

Well, I'm not a coach on the Broncos, so I cannot speak intelligently on why he's been inactive. Maybe he was sent to his room for being a naughty boy but is now off restriction with McGahee's injury...if that's the case then the inactivity wasn't due to a talent issue...it was a discipline one, correct?

baja
11-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I know right? word on the street is that he works for a classless organization.....

Unfortunately at the time we just got over Josh "I just want to win a mother Fn' game" McDaniels who felt it necessary to tape a practice session in London and still lost the game so yes we were classless for a while and now we are not.

errand you are like one of those big black house flies that like eat on on dog shiit then walk around the rim of your soup bowl. relentless & Irritating!

errand
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately at the time we just got over Josh "I just want to win a mother Fn' game" McDaniels who felt it necessary to tape a practice session in London and still lost the game so yes we were classless for a while and now we are not.

errand you are like one of those big black house flies that like eat on on dog shiit then walk around the rim of your soup bowl. relentless & Irritating!

you called the Broncos classless over a year after McDaniels was **** canned.....you called them classless because they were interested in signing Manning and wanting to trade Tebow.....so please, don't try to act like you were pissed at McDaniels when you made your statement.

baja
11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
you called the Broncos classless over a year after McDaniels was **** canned.....you called them classless because they were interested in signing Manning and wanting to trade Tebow.....so please, don't try to act like you were pissed at McDaniels when you made your statement.

Sure error now get off my soup bowl.

lonestar
11-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Not holding my breath on KM doing much of anything other than collect a game day check..

But one can hope he will go crazy if for no other reason to increase trade value of increase the comp picks.

Lestat
11-19-2012, 07:12 PM
i hope he steps up and becomes a dynamic duo with Hillman. we need some production out of him, otherwise we will need another RB draftee next year.
and no i'm not down on Hillman. but we need quality depth at RB in the worst way.

baja
11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
We need a workhorse in Manning's offense, like McGahee has been, minus the fumbles.

errand
11-19-2012, 07:28 PM
What if Moreno rushes for 400-500 yards the rest of the season.....does he stay a Bronco?

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 07:35 PM

I am with you. I would love to see him play well and turn around my opinion that he is a waste of a pick, dances way too much in the backfield, runs up his blockers backs, gets tackled by turf monsters, general all round ass clown, and drunk off the field, around.

If he gives us a couple big 1st down pickups when we need it and can help take some heat off the passing game is all I ask. I hope he doesn't go out there and try to do too much and falls on his face in the backfield and blow blocking assignments.

This is the only reason he is still on the roster, time to prove he is worth not being cut.

lonestar
11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
We need a workhorse in Manning's offense, like McGahee has been, minus the fumbles.

I have never been a huge fan of the smaller backs, they tend to get jammed at the LOS have little power to break tackles while they will get you an occasional tahe it to the house play. IMO they are so rare not woth it.

I have always liked the 225+ RB that extra 15-40 pounds really allow them to take and for the matter give a beating. LBs, and DBs tend to lose arm tackles and in some cases shy away from trying.

What if Moreno rushes for 400-500 yards the rest of the season.....does he stay a Bronco?

I think the like hood of that is slim. Even if the does will that warrant a another contract IIRC this is his last year of his rookie contract I DON'T beleive he signed a five year one they were still out there. If heis not motivated enough to earn his contract so far I see no reason to do it again.

See above for my reasons for not keeping him..

Add to that IMO he is a prima Donna one of the last drafts to get BiG bucks for just showing up.

baja
11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
So basically Josh traded Cutler for Ayers?

lonestar
11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
I am with you. I would love to see him play well and turn around my opinion that he is a waste of a pick, dances way too much in the backfield, runs up his blockers backs, gets tackled by turf monsters, general all round ass clown, and drunk off the field, around.

If he gives us a couple big 1st down pickups when we need it and can help take some heat off the passing game is all I ask. I hope he doesn't go out there and try to do too much and falls on his face in the backfield and blow blocking assignments.

This is the only reason he is still on the roster, time to prove he is worth not being cut.

Well thought out post. :thumbs:

I want him to do well but, not sure he has it in him..

What I'd love is a great showing till The Big guy gets back and then a couple of nice picks in a trade or at worst picks for him being resigned by someone else.

lonestar
11-19-2012, 07:45 PM

Starting to sound like it..

IMO we still got the better of the deal long term.

snowspot66
11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Look at Moreno's career averages and look at McGahee's averages in our offense.

I know we all trust McGahee more but let's be honest here. We aren't trying to replace Adrian Peterson for the next four to six games. The only thing that matters is that our line blocks well. If it does Moreno has shown that while he was definitely over drafted he can still contribute, he still has talent, and he can help give us an average run game. That's all we need. Just something to force them to respect it.

Stop hating him for what he's not and respect him for what he is capable of. A solid enough back to step in and keep our running game at it's present level. He got 4.3 a carry with Kyle Orton leading the charge to a 4-12 record. I'm pretty sure he can match that mark.

baja
11-19-2012, 07:53 PM

I know we all trust McGahee more but let's be honest here. We aren't trying to replace Adrian Peterson for the next four to six games. The only thing that matters is that our line blocks well. If it does Moreno has shown that while he was definitely over drafted he can still contribute, he still has talent, and he can help give us an average run game. That's all we need. Just something to force them to respect it.

Stop hating him for what he's not and respect him for what he is capable of. A solid enough back to step in and keep our running game at it's present level. He got 4.3 a carry with Kyle Orton leading the charge to a 4-12 record. I'm pretty sure he can match that mark.

Exactly

fwf
11-19-2012, 08:30 PM

You're living in the past maaaaaaan! Nfl stands for not for long. Things change quickly. Our best bet this year is to give all 3 looks early then go with the hot hand. Then hopefully one will emerge by January. My bets on ball.

baja
11-19-2012, 08:31 PM
but but but he fumbles.

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 11:45 PM

I will stop hating him once he proves that he is capable. I am not asking him to be a 600 yard back this year and have 6 TD's.

Just contribute, make a few key 1st downs and take some heat off the passing game. If he breaks off a couple long runs or pass plays then all the better but he has to prove it to me that he can do it before I forgive him for his past SUCKAGE.

Doggcow
11-20-2012, 12:35 AM
I just traded Hillman for MJD in Fantasy... I think I made a steal.

snowspot66
11-20-2012, 02:12 AM
I will stop hating him once he proves that he is capable. I am not asking him to be a 600 yard back this year and have 6 TD's.

Just contribute, make a few key 1st downs and take some heat off the passing game. If he breaks off a couple long runs or pass plays then all the better but he has to prove it to me that he can do it before I forgive him for his past SUCKAGE.

You realize that past suckage includes some fairly solid numbers in the yards from scrimmage category right?

2KBack
11-20-2012, 05:38 AM

He has already done ALL of those things in his career...this is why the hate is confusing.

Jay3
11-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Wouldn't it be something if Moreno started beasting for this club on a Superbowl run? Maybe his skill set is well suited to this offense.

jerseyguy4
11-20-2012, 06:39 AM
...Our best bet this year is to give all 3 looks early then go with the hot hand. Then hopefully one will emerge by January...
I'm with this.

However, I think the "hot hand" means who can follow Peyton's audibles without screwing up, who can pick up blocks the best, and (least importantly) who can actually make some good runs and catch a few balls.

2KBack
11-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Wouldn't it be something if Moreno started beasting for this club on a Superbowl run? Maybe his skill set is well suited to this offense.

I think it was Drek that was saying this is a similar offense to What KM was in in college. Which is a point in Moreno's favor.

I've also heard that his practice habits are less than impressive, which I am sure is a huge factor in why he hasn't been given more opportunity.

baja
11-20-2012, 06:50 AM
I just traded Hillman for MJD in Fantasy... I think I made a steal.

He will have his break out game this week in KC. The other guy got the deal.

Fox has ben saying for a couple of weeks now that Hilman is due to have a breakout game. What better place than KC. Manning will have us up big early than its a running feast

Jetmeck
11-20-2012, 11:50 AM

Fox has ben saying for a couple of weeks now that Hilman is due to have a breakout game. What better place than KC. Manning will have us up big early than its a running feast

KC's defense has been fairly stout against the run..................

ZONA
11-20-2012, 11:52 AM

I think Ball was #2 to start the season because he was good on special teams. Then he went to #3 soon after because Hillman was getting his chance. Ball still active over Moreno, again, because he was good at special teams, and decent at everything, running, blocking, catching, but not really great at any of them.

I do think Moreno is a better runner then Ball. I also think he's just as good if not just a tad better at pass blocking.

I think both guys are going to get their plays. I really do think this is going to be replace McGahee by committee. So it doesn't matter who's in there, not 1 back is probably going to be the "feature" guy.

2KBack
11-20-2012, 11:57 AM
I think Ball was #2 to start the season because he was good on special teams. Then he went to #3 soon after because Hillman was getting his chance. Ball still active over Moreno, again, because he was good at special teams, and decent at everything, running, blocking, catching, but not really great at any of them.

I do think Moreno is a better runner then Ball. I also think he's just as good if not just a tad better at pass blocking.

I think both guys are going to get their plays. I really do think this is going to be replace McGahee by committee. So it doesn't matter who's in there, not 1 back is probably going to be the "feature" guy.

Moreno went into the regular season as the #2 (hence his goal line TD in week 1), then was benched after week 2. The reasoning's have been speculation ever since.

TonyR
11-20-2012, 12:36 PM
KC's defense has been fairly stout against the run..................

25th in yards allowed per game. In other words, 8th worst by that measure.

jmz313
11-20-2012, 12:41 PM

No, He traded Cutler for a shot and looking like a Genius... and proved he was not one.

Heyneck
11-20-2012, 12:48 PM

Dude... you are clueless or just haven't watched the games. There is no way Ball went into the season as the #2 back. Moreno played right after Willis that first and 2nd game. He just got shoved in the inactive list because somehow he found himself in coach's Fox doghouse on a permanent basis.

Look, he fumbled, we get it. What I don't get how Ball, who in my honest opinion has screwed up more times in the few opportunities he has had to showcase himself, keeps getting so many touches. No one in their right mind can argue that Ball is a better overall back than KM. I don't think we have heard the full story behind KM's banishment to the inactive pine.

There is a reason Elway is not ready to sign a back yet. He's comfortable with what we have. And he clearly thinks that whatever we have, is better than any free agent right now. KM is going to get his chance to get out of the doghouse... and I bet he is featured over any other back on the roster the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy.

Heyneck
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM

Nothing that I have seen tells me Hillman is ready to be the Alpha dog or have a breakout game. Sure, maybe he will breakout a few runs... but the kid just goes down every time at the first contact. You saw how many times PM got sacked last game right? Sure, Koppen was the one who really struggled last game, but it can't be a coincidence that PM got sacked 3 times after Willis was out. Hillman is just not ready for a full time starting gig that asks of our backs to be superb pass protectors. KM blows Hillman and Ball in this department by far.

baja
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
No, He traded Cutler for a shot and looking like a Genius... and proved he was not one.

If only he had been able to complete his plan and gotten Matt Cassell then he would have been a genius, right???

Tombstone RJ
11-20-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think the Broncos have much choice but to play Moreno. He's certainly a better blocking RB than Hillman, that alone will get him in the game. As for Ball, he's just the old reliable RB you give the ball to when the other RBs are tired. Ball is productive too, especially in the passing game and blocking. Ball was blocking great during the SD game.

The wild card right now is Hillman.

baja
11-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Nothing that I have seen tells me Hillman is ready to be the Alpha dog or have a breakout game. Sure, maybe he will breakout a few runs... but the kid just goes down every time at the first contact. You saw how many times PM got sacked last game right? Sure, Koppen was the one who really struggled last game, but it can't be a coincidence that PM got sacked 3 times after Willis was out. Hillman is just not ready for a full time starting gig that asks of our backs to be superb pass protectors. KM blows Hillman and Ball in this department by far.

I said his runs would come with us up big thus the need to pass block will not be an issue. Think Darren Sproles

bronco militia
11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I said his runs would come with us up big thus the need to pass block will not be an issue. Think Darren Sproles

Holiday is more like Sproles...

Hillman just looks like a guy ZZZ...

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
You're living in the past maaaaaaan! Nfl stands for not for long. Things change quickly. Our best bet this year is to give all 3 looks early then go with the hot hand. Then hopefully one will emerge by January. My bets on ball.

Not for long eh? Then why does Ball linger around when he's put up stinkers when given chances?

baja
11-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I have what might be considered a dumb question. In reading the article posted on IAOFM they said Ball made a contribution in recovering the blocked punt. Wouldn't the ball be ours anyway because it was fourth down and the ball was recovered at a point short of what was needed for a first down or would it have been SDs ball if recovered by them because a Denver player touched the ball(block) and it was recovered by SD???

2KBack
11-20-2012, 01:31 PM
I have what might be considered a dumb question. In reading the article posted on IAOFM they said Ball made a contribution in recovering the blocked punt. Wouldn't the ball be ours anyway because it was fourth down and the ball was recovered at a point short of what was needed for a first down or would it have been SDs ball if recovered by them because a Denver player touched the ball(block) and it was recovered by SD???

You are correct. Denver would have to gain possession, then fumble the ball in order to reset the downs for SD. If SD recovered the fumble it would still be Denver ball on downs.

baja
11-20-2012, 01:38 PM
That is what I though but they were sure killing themselves recovering the ball (both teams) and there was the article, that is why I asked.
Thanks ;D

Jetmeck
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
25th in yards allowed per game. In other words, 8th worst by that measure.

You guys love stats.............tell that to Pittsbugh last week ok ?

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-20-2012, 01:44 PM
That is what I though but they were sure killing themselves recovering the ball (both teams) and there was the article, that is why I asked.
Thanks ;D

What if an SD player picked it up and ran it for a TD? Or past the 1st down marker? When they are punting isn't it still in their possesion? Or can they not advance it forward. I'm clueless on this

baja
11-20-2012, 01:47 PM
What if an SD player picked it up and ran it for a TD? Or past the 1st down marker? When they are punting isn't it still in their possesion? Or can they not advance it forward. I'm clueless on this

What a dumb question.

J/K ;D

2KBack
11-20-2012, 01:50 PM

I'm not sure about this anymore. I know they adjusted the rules regarding the offense being able to advance a fumble (no more Holy Rollers), but I'm not sure what sort of details the play needs to meet.

2KBack
11-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Okay, here you go...

NFL rules state that “only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble.”

TonyR
11-20-2012, 02:39 PM

What would be your argument that KC has a good run defense? How do you measure better than stats? They give up, on average, both a higher number of yards and yards per carry than most teams. I don't know what to take from that other than them being a below average run defense.

errand
11-20-2012, 03:05 PM

then you should have said that the Chiefs were stout vs. the run when they played Pittsburgh.....

Marshall Dumervil
11-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Okay, here you go...

NFL rules state that “only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble.”

Yeah, but it wasn't a fumble. It was blocked so SD should have been able to advance it right?

Broncojef
11-20-2012, 09:33 PM
KM should be active and given a chance, that being said I'd still love to see JJ or that kid Oman that looked good one game this preseason brought up for future concerns. KM has a shelf life until he fumbles in bulk and gets hurt.

RB is by far our biggest hole we need addressed in the offseason.

baja
11-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, but it wasn't a fumble. It was blocked so SD should have been able to advance it right?

Yes. Of course that explains the whole recovery think. Thanks. ;D

baja
11-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Sry baja but that's balogni. They aren't going to keep guys inactive to keep them fresh. He's there bc he's 4th on the depth chart.

Oh that would explain why our #2 Quarterback has been inactive for 9 straight games and our #3 quarter back has been active for 9 games.

Chart Shmart

Jetmeck
11-20-2012, 10:44 PM
What would be your argument that KC has a good run defense? How do you measure better than stats? They give up, on average, both a higher number of yards and yards per carry than most teams. I don't know what to take from that other than them being a below average run defense.

Point it stats mean ****...this is KC at Arrowhead....you know what I mean.

Jetmeck
11-20-2012, 10:45 PM
then you should have said that the Chiefs were stout vs. the run when they played Pittsburgh.....

Give ya that but this is KC at Arrowhead..........you all know they will be tough..............

Bronco Rob
11-21-2012, 02:41 AM

Expect the worst, hope for the best, settle somewhere in the middle. Just be good enough to make them respect the run.

Time to step up Moreno. Do it.

:strong:

2KBack
11-21-2012, 05:09 AM

Looks like you are correct. I assumed it counted the same as a fumble.

"Any punt that is blocked and does not cross the line of scrimmage can be recovered and advanced by either team. However, if offensive team recovers it must make the yardage necessary for its first down to retain possession if punt was on fourth down. "

Ratboy
11-21-2012, 06:04 AM
Oh that would explain why our #2 Quarterback has been inactive for 9 straight games and our #3 quarter back has been active for 9 games.

Chart Shmart

Brock is our #2...

Beantown Bronco
11-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Give ya that but this is KC at Arrowhead..........you all know they will be tough..............

This is not the Arrowhead of years past. I can pretty much guarantee that this will be the most empty Arrowhead in the last 20 years for a Broncos Chiefs game. And will have the largest Bronco fan presence ever. Even the Chief fans that are there will be mockingly cheering for us after the first quarter.