PDA

View Full Version : McGahee out 6-8 Weeks - Torn MCL

Pages : [1] 2

tsiguy96
11-19-2012, 12:40 PM
per @AdamSchefter

New England not only team to take hit: @mortreport and I reporting Broncos RB Willis McGahee has a torn MCL, will miss six to eight weeks.

Kid A
11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
shiiiiiit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With Willis McGahee banged up, Broncos working out RBs on Tuesday, Steve Slaton among them</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/270611877309063170" data-datetime="2012-11-19T19:37:53+00:00">November 19, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Well they better bring in someone else. Cause hillman Moreno and ball aren't gonna get it done.

Preferably one who doesn't have fumblitus

maher_tyler
11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Ouch! Hopefully we can bring someone in.

Pick Six
11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
They REALLY don't have any confidence in Moreno, if they are working out RBs. Nice drafting job, McDaniels...LOL.

Bronco X
11-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Big blow... Yeah they need to sign someone but not sure any unsigned FA would be any better than the guys they got.

socalorado
11-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Its the Hillman/Ball show now.
Trying out RBs doesnt exactly show any confidence in slowshon.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 12:48 PM
shiiiiiit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With Willis McGahee banged up, Broncos working out RBs on Tuesday, Steve Slaton among them</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/270611877309063170" data-datetime="2012-11-19T19:37:53+00:00">November 19, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Slaton has been worked out with the Jets and another team I believe was the Giants in the last few weeks. Not sure its a good thing if he didn't sign with them.

bronco militia
11-19-2012, 12:48 PM
this is a much bigger injury the longer Kuper is out.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Moreno must have killed someone in Fox's family...seriously, I am not a fan of the kid but he knows the system and players, he really must have blown it if they're looking at other options.

I get the depth discussion, but come on.

bronco militia
11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

On top of Willis McGahee's torn MCL @mortreport reported on, he also has a fracture in the leg, which adds to why he's out 6-8 weeks

LetsGoBroncos
11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
If it's 6 weeks he is back for the first round of the playoffs. If we can get the bye he could be back for the first game after it.

socalorado
11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Could someone remind me of what Jerimiah Johnsons status is?
Anyone?

RhymesayersDU
11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
This sucks, but if he can be back for playoffs that's certainly the silver lining here.

LetsGoBroncos
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
January 6 which is the first Sunday of the playoffs would be 48 days.....just shy of 7 weeks

Kid A
Moreno must have killed someone in Fox's family...seriously, I am not a fan of the kid but he knows the system and players, he really must have blown it if they're looking at other options.

I get the depth discussion, but come on.

Why wouldn't you bring in at least one more guy for depth? I assume Moreno has a bit of a leg up, but if he really doesn't show anything or gets hurt you'll want another guy who has been in the system a few weeks.

ZONA
MF we can't catch a damn break in terms of injury. How many starters now from Camp have we lost, it's alot I know it.

Yeah, we can pick somebody up to replace McGahee but there are only 6 weeks left. Somebody will have to learn the playbook and produce right away. ****. Not good.

Ray Finkle
11-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I'd like to see them bring in a pile mover....

Rother8
11-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I may be in the minority but I'm looking forward to seeing Hilllman getting some increased carries. Spelling a 31 year old with a 21 year old at least until the playoffs start should give him some valuable experience and maybe give us that 1-2 punch out of the backfield we've been missing all year.

Also want to see Peyton give the bird to the run game and have the offense get even more potent. Especially if we win these next couple games and there's less pressure.

Kaylore
11-19-2012, 12:55 PM
MCL's aren't that bad. Hopefully we can find someone and put together enough depth to pulls us through.

The good news is between the defense and special teams, and offense going through Peyton, we're not out of it yet by a long shot.

ZONA
11-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone?

This is where I would start, for sure. He knows the plays. He's got some decent size and good speed, good hands. And again, he knows the playbook, to some extent anyway and that is going to be huge vs some other back that's basically going to have to be told in each huddle what to do.

Kid A
It's all good. Clear eyes. Fresh legs. Can't lose.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/92owAaBGf_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

55CrushEm
Anyone?

I honestly don't know if there is any "status" (injury related) on JJ. He's on the PS.....so I'm not sure why they wouldn't consider activating him.

Pick Six
11-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Why wouldn't you bring in at least one more guy for depth? I assume Moreno has a bit of a leg up, but if he really doesn't show anything or gets hurt you'll want another guy who has been in the system a few weeks.

SOMEBODY has a vote of no confidence. If it's not Moreno, it's Ball or Hillman. This offense doesn't need 4 active RBs, on the roster...

MABroncoFan
I'd like to see them bring in a pile mover....

How about Xavier Omon

eddie mac
Now why couldn't this have happened before the trade deadline??? Jackson would've been a welcome addition.

Ray Finkle
How about Xavier Omon

I was thinking Tim Hightower or Omon.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Willis is 31. This is bad news. I wonder if it's the same knee he got blown up in the Fiesta Bowl?

Action
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Anyone?

On the practice squad. John Fox talked about him in a presser just recently.

They're looking to sign someone with experience obviously... I think if anyone else went down they'd just bring up Johnson.

It's not that they don't believe in Moreno (they already played their cards by deactivating him every week) ... it's that they need depth now. McGahee is out for a while, so it's the smartest thing to do to bring an RB now and get him caught up with our playbook and system.

Pony Boy
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Ouch! Hopefully we can bring someone in.

Tatum looks way too skinny .....

Action
11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Willis is 31. This is bad news. I wonder if it's the same knee he got blown up in the Fiesta Bowl?

Nope.

Beantown Bronco

I love how everyone is assuming that this is an indictment of Knowshon, but not Hillman, Ball or Johnson.

Rother8
On the practice squad. John Fox talked about him in a presser just recently.

They're looking to sign someone with experience obviously... I think if anyone else went down they'd just bring up Johnson.

It's not that they don't believe in Moreno (they already played their cards by deactivating him every week) ... it's that they need depth now. McGahee is out for a while, so it's the smartest thing to do to bring an RB now and get him caught up with our playbook and system.

Might be right. Gronk isn't a guy that could get any emergency carries IMO so maybe slowshon just kind of sucks.

Kid A
11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
SOMEBODY has a vote of no confidence. If it's not Moreno, it's Ball or Hillman. This offense doesn't need 4 active RBs, on the roster...

I'm still in the camp confused that Moreno isn't in the active lineup. I can buy maybe it has to do with special teams (Ball) and overlapping skill set (Hillman). Still, our best bet to make it through this McGahee injury without a big dip in offense will be because Moreno steps up.

g6matty
11-19-2012, 01:03 PM
thank god we traded for deangelo williams a few weeks ago

Heyneck
11-19-2012, 01:04 PM

actually it has nothing to do with confidence in KM. It has to do with healthy bodies. Right now only Hillman and Ball are active, hence we need to stash another RB on the inactive list just in case one of ours goes dumb.

Damn... wish folks around here would just leave the blind hate! Like it or not, our running game right now depends of Moreno, Ball and Hillis. The last 2 I mentioned are not remotely close to being capable starting backs in this league... just not right now in Hillman's case. Thinking a street agent is going to get touches over Moreno right now is pretty delusional. Or do you want a street free agent to mess up on a protection call and get PM injured? Yeah... though so!

Al Wilson
Honestly, Moreno sucks at RB. He is impatient, has no vision, can't read blocks, and fumbles. Jeremiah Johnson has a good skillset and is underrated. If his blocking improved then he should get the bulk of the carries.

Action

Yes they do.

All 3 backs get reps every Sunday... and after the whole Shanahan debacle when we had like 8 different RBs for the season, I thought ya'll would learn the lesson on RBs.

socalorado
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I love how everyone is assuming that this is an indictment of Knowshon, but not Hillman, Ball or Johnson.

I love how Slowshon never played another down after the ATL game.
Now if that isnt an indictment, along with all the carries Hillman and Ball get, i dont know what is.
CLEARLY there is a personal problem between Slowshon and the FO.

LetsGoBroncos
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm still in the camp confused that Moreno isn't in the active lineup. I can buy maybe it has to do with special teams (Ball) and overlapping skill set (Hillman). Still, our best bet to make it through this McGahee injury without a big dip in offense will be because Moreno steps up.

I have a feeling he will step up if he is given the chance. He should have fresh legs, and every team Manning has ever been on has had RB's that were average that did pretty good. Look, I'm upset about McGahee too and I'm praying he will be back for the playoffs but he wasn't tearing it up and he was fumbling. Our running game has sucked the last couple of weeks

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Tiki 'The Playa' Barber

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Ricky Williams said he would come out of retirement to play for the Chargers, maybe he would change his mind for us???

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Ricky Williams said he would come out of retirement to play for the Chargers, maybe he would change his mind for us???

Keep the yards for free pot agreement on the down low...

ClamChowdah
11-19-2012, 01:08 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mde3yiHndP1rkqilzo1_400.jpg

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I love how Slowshon never played another down after the ATL game.
Now if that isnt an indictment, along with all the carries Hillman and Ball get, i dont know what is.
CLEARLY there is a personal problem between Slowshon and the FO.

Bingo. That "indictment" was already out there.

By looking for someone new now, instead of just looking to give the current guys (Ball and Hillman) more reps, is more of an indictment on the guys currently carrying the ball than someone who was already relegated to the doghouse.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM
thank god we traded for deangelo williams a few weeks ago

A third round pick for a RB that averages 3 yards per carry?

Action
I have a feeling he will step up if he is given the chance. He should have fresh legs, and every team Manning has ever been on has had RB's that were average that did pretty good. Look, I'm upset about McGahee too and I'm praying he will be back for the playoffs but he wasn't tearing it up and he was fumbling. Our running game has sucked the last couple of weeks

Until yesterday.

The run blocking has been a problem the past couple weeks... We're literally getting met with defenders right at the LOS. One of the OL seems to consistently get beat every run play.

McGahee is a huge loss and he's a vet...

go_broncos
****ing blue uniforms...All because of it..Nothing good happens.
Just burn those jerseys and never wear it.

Killericon
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Bring me Slaton!

Rabb
11-19-2012, 01:12 PM

stay classy asshole

socalorado
11-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Bingo. That "indictment" was already out there.

By looking for someone new now, instead of just looking to give the current guys (Ball and Hillman) more reps, is more of an indictment on the guys currently carrying the ball than someone who was already relegated to the doghouse.

Bingo.
That means the FO has a real problem with slowshon, and needs warm bodies for depth.
Something your seriously struggling to accept.

Here comes the stats in 3..2..1..

KevinJames
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
This sucks but as long as we have Peyton and a the #6 rated defense we will be fine.

In the meantime let the Ronnie Hillman show begin.

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM
This sucks but as long as we have Peyton and a the #6 rated defense we will be fine.

In the meantime let the Ronnie Hillman show begin.

It HAS begun...It's a dance exhibition replete with lots of falling down upon first contact.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM

I'm not sure how you could come to this conclusion. Struggling to accept what?

I've accepted where he's at with the team. I may not know why he's there exactly, because it cannot be based solely on what we've seen of him on the field, but I've accepted it and made that clear several times.

The haters are the ones who can't move on. They're the ones who constantly attack him and practically blame everything wrong with our running game on him, even though he's not out there, while I sit back and laugh.

BroncoBeavis
11-19-2012, 01:19 PM
actually it has nothing to do with confidence in KM. It has to do with healthy bodies. Right now only Hillman and Ball are active, hence we need to stash another RB on the inactive list just in case one of ours goes dumb.

Damn... wish folks around here would just leave the blind hate! Like it or not, our running game right now depends of Moreno, Ball and Hillis. The last 2 I mentioned are not remotely close to being capable starting backs in this league... just not right now in Hillman's case. Thinking a street agent is going to get touches over Moreno right now is pretty delusional. Or do you want a street free agent to mess up on a protection call and get PM injured? Yeah... though so!

Hillis Baby! Good call. Now we just gotta get the battle toad to cut him outright. :)

55CrushEm
11-19-2012, 01:19 PM
It HAS begun...It's a dance exhibition replete with lots of falling down upon first contact.

Yeah. Almost reminds me of Tatum "Tinker" Bell. I swear that guy ran with his eyes closed.....running right into the backs of the o-linemen constantly.

Hillman isn't tough enough (right now) to be a run-between-the-tackles back.

I'd like to see the slot filled by Jerimiah Johnson. But who other than Steve Slaton can we bring in for a tryout?

Slaton had almost 1,300 yards as a rookie in 2008.....then did crap ever since.

Jetmeck
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Well they better bring in someone else. Cause hillman Moreno and ball aren't gonna get it done.

Preferably one who doesn't have fumblitus

+1 to all of that.................

cabronco
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Honestly, Moreno sucks at RB. He is impatient, has no vision, can't read blocks, and fumbles. Jeremiah Johnson has a good skillset and is underrated. If his blocking improved then he should get the bulk of the carries.

I think this may be the biggest reason he's not out there. In preseason he struggled with blocking in the backfield. You saw Ball pick up a key block on a TD play. They dont want defenders running free at PM because of a MA. We could sure use PH right about now..

Action
11-19-2012, 01:22 PM
I think this may be the biggest reason he's not out there. In preseason he struggled with blocking in the backfield. You saw Ball pick up a key block on a TD play. They dont want defenders running free at PM because of a MA. We could sure use PH right about now..

Lance Ball is literally one of the best run blocking RBs I've seen. I didn't realize this till the Chargers game.

socalorado
11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure how you could come to this conclusion. Struggling to accept what?

I've accepted where he's at with the team. I may not know why he's there exactly, because it cannot be based solely on what we've seen of him on the field, but I've accepted it and made that clear several times.

The haters are the ones who can't move on. They're the ones who constantly attack him and practically blame everything wrong with our running game on him, even though he's not out there, while I sit back and laugh.

No one here hates slowshon.
Many just understand that hes a punk off the field and he sucks on the field.
Thats it.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
The Skins released Ryan Grant a few weeks ago.

55CrushEm
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Lance Ball is literally one of the best run blocking RBs I've seen. I didn't realize this till the Chargers game.

I'll assume you meant one of the best PASS blocking RB's. :)

Rabb
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM

he blocks us from having a good running game maybe

elsid13
11-19-2012, 01:26 PM

There was reason for that, and because he is done.

Bronco X
11-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Tim Hightower, Steve Slaton, Joseph Addai, Ryan Grant, Ryan Torain, Thomas Jones, Cadillac Williams... These are the some of the off the street options... a collection has beens and unknowns. Addai may not have much left but he'd be able to pick up the pass blocking schemes quickly.

theAPAOps5
11-19-2012, 01:27 PM
They REALLY don't have any confidence in Moreno, if they are working out RBs. Nice drafting job, McDaniels...LOL.

LOL that is what I thought. Why don't they just cut him?

Action
11-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Yes that's what I meant. I know everyone saw it to.

He just doesn't block a rusher, but he stands them up and doesn't give up any ground when blocking.

Matter of fact, after watching him block it's clear why the team likes him.

Action
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
McGahee won't need surgery...

They also said it could be as early as 4 weeks but 6-8 weeks is likely.

Broncos can still use the IR with a designated return option...

BroncoBeavis
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah. Almost reminds me of Tatum "Tinker" Bell. I swear that guy ran with his eyes closed.....running right into the backs of the o-linemen constantly.

Hillman isn't tough enough (right now) to be a run-between-the-tackles back.

I'd like to see the slot filled by Jerimiah Johnson. But who other than Steve Slaton can we bring in for a tryout?

Slaton had almost 1,300 yards as a rookie in 2008.....then did crap ever since.

What happened to the Oman dude from preseason?

55CrushEm
11-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Interesting.....I thought that time had passed. At least that will allow us to sign a FA RB (or move JJ up from PS) without having to cut a different player on the roster.

ppablo
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM

How's Gronk doing?

Kid A
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM
What happened to the Oman dude from preseason?

On SanFran PS, I believe. So I think we can snag him if we put him on active roster, but that would be odd considering we already chose Johnson over him in the offseason.

KevinJames
11-19-2012, 01:37 PM

No they can't that IR w/ return doesn't allow return in the playoffs and he won't be healthy before then.

He has a torn MCL and a broken leg I think 7-8 weeks is more realistic. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on IR.

Requiem
11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
It is too damn bad the slate of RBs to draft this year blows the big one.

elsid13
On SanFran PS, I believe. So I think we can snag him if we put him on active roster, but that would be odd considering we already chose Johnson over him in the offseason.

I believe he is still on the street, or least that what wiki states......

BroncoBeavis

That's a good point unless you think maybe Oman would be a better step in for Willis' spot than JJ. I think JJ might make more sense for Hillman's role, but I'm not sure he'd be right as an every-down kind of back.

I'm not sure what Oman's size was, but he seemed like he played 'bigger' than JJ or Hillman.

Kaylore
11-19-2012, 01:41 PM
No they can't that IR w/ return doesn't allow return in the playoffs and he won't be healthy before then.

He has a torn MCL and a broken leg I think 7-8 weeks is more realistic. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on IR.

He doesn't have a broken leg. Where are you getting that?

BroncoMan4ever
11-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Damn now I really wish we had kicked the tires ib a potential trade fir Blount from Tampa.

Action
11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
For those wondering:

Jerimiah Johnson has been in 8 NFL games already... and that's the maximum allowed in order to be eligible for the PS.

If I'm understanding the rules correctly, if he plays another game he can't go back on the PS.

Kaylore
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM
For those wondering:

Jerimiah Johnson has been in 8 NFL games already... and that's the maximum allowed in order to be eligible for the PS.

If I'm understanding the rules correctly, if he plays another game he can't go back on the PS.

That is interesting.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 01:46 PM
It is too damn bad the slate of RBs to draft this year blows the big one.

Yep. Not a good year for RBs. There's arguably not a single one available worth better than a third round pick. The Broncos are going to need to go shopping in FA.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 01:46 PM
He doesn't have a broken leg. Where are you getting that?

Glazer is saying a fracture on top of the torn mcl

Broncomutt
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM

I'd say because 2 of them wear pads on Sunday and one does not.

ZONA
11-19-2012, 01:48 PM
For those wondering:

At this point you don't care about that. You have a golden chance here to get a good seed in the playoffs and go on a run for the Superbowl. The last thing you are worried about is if some player is eligible for the PS if you play him, under these circumstances.

I like JJ and Oman, maybe even Marion Barber. And really, I think you have to look at Moreno. Those are the 4 guys that come to mind right off the bat for me.

DENVERDUI55
Tim hightower please! Even Addai.

ludo21
We'll be fine... at least until the playoffs.

just get someone in there who fumbls less than Willis and it'll be all good!

swaiy
11-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Whoever they decide to use is probably not going to see much time right away without knowing the system.

swaiy
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Tom hightower please! Even Addai.

Why Addai? Dude quit on the Pats.

Boobs McGee
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
What about Lendale White? His Achilles should be healed by now I would think?

R8R H8R
11-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Just because the Broncos are bringing in RB's for a look does not mean they will sign any. My understanding is that the Broncos regularly works out players on Tuesday anyway as a group. I.E. OL one week, DL another week, etc. It just so happens this week was RB's. So if that is true, let's not read too much into it.

With that said, Slayton is more of a Hillman type RB; smaller in nature, etc., so I'm not sure he would be a good replacement for McGahee anyway. I don't know if Joseph Addai is being looked at, but he would make sense if he is in shape just because he is familiar with the system.

What I think they will/may do is just activate Moreno and put him in the rotation. Maybe they promote Jeremiah Johnson from the PS, but I am not sure they have to.

Action
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Doctors have told Willis McGahee not to put any weight on leg. He will not need surgery and he thinks he can come back in four to six weeks.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
If I had the choice between a passing power or rushing power id take passing all the way. Broncos were number 1 ranked rushing offense last year. Giants were ranked 32nd. That turned out well for them bad for us. As long as they maintain a 4 per carry it will work itself out. Not confident in the current RBs ability to see the lanes and make the right cuts, so I'm interested to see who they bring in.

bronco militia
11-19-2012, 02:00 PM

knowshon approves of this post

fwf
11-19-2012, 02:01 PM
We wont skip a beat. Hopefully McCoy will take this opportunity to install a few screens and sweeps into the offense. I feel bad for Willis, but as fans, I think we're good.

24champ
11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I think Knowshon is the best possible replacement, he can run the ball and catch the balls from Peyton. The only thing is that Knowshon lacks is the vision that Willis has on the field.

I'd like to see hillman/Moreno split the carries.

socalorado
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Oman is 5-11 227 lbs. JJohnson is 5-9 200.
And Oman is not on the 4 and 9ers PS.
Might be wise to look at him considering his size.
Anyone remember how he looked blocking? LOL!

TonyR
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Running Backs

1. Tim Hightower
2. Ryan Grant
3. Steve Slaton
4. Thomas Jones
5. Joseph Addai
6. Mewelde Moore
7. Cadillac Williams
8. Tyrell Sutton
9. Ryan Torain
10. Maurice Morris
11. Rock Cartwright
12. Dimitri Nance
13. Lonyae Miller
14. Jerious Norwood
15. Sammy Morris
16. Chester Taylor
17. Deji Karim
18. Lorenzo Booker
19. Kregg Lumpkin
20. Xavier Omon
21. Harvey Unga
22. Kareem Huggins
23. Davin Meggett
24. Herb Donaldson
25. Chad Spann

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/41331/74/breaking-news

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Doctors have told Willis McGahee not to put any weight on leg. He will not need surgery and he thinks he can come back in four to six weeks.

Best case scenario: The Broncos keep winning and McGahee and Kuper can rest up until the playoffs.

socalorado
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Best case scenario: The Broncos keep winning and McGahee and Kuper can rest up until the playoffs.

What is Kupers status?

swaiy
11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Why do people keep thinking Addai knows the system? Despite them inserting many plays the Colts used, it is NOT the same language. It was said that they thought it would be easier for Peyton to learn a new language and system instead of making every player on the offense learn a new one.

Im not saying he couldnt learn it but, he isnt going to be an immediate plug and play.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 02:09 PM
What is Kupers status?

Limited practice. Not ready yet.

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 02:10 PM

Did he quit or get cut?

swaiy
11-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Rock Cartwright would be beastly.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM

Call Addai...F*** the Pats.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Limited practice. Not ready yet.

That was last week ya? I wonder if hell participate full this week.

swaiy
11-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Did he quit or get cut?

It was reported that he quit during the conditioning test for the Patriots. He was cut immediately after that with Belichick saying "It didnt work out."

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Addai might know the system next year, when Tom Moore becomes OC

fwf
11-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Hillman doesn't deserve 15 carries a game. He's gotten his shot and hasnt shown lick.. He doesnt make guys miss. As long as Ball picks up his assignments we'll be fine with him getting 15 carries and letting KM and Hillman split the other 10.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Did he quit or get cut?

He quit during their conditioning test. Good for him.

Peyton: "Hey Joseph, how's it going buddy?"
Addai: "Doin' good...bit out of shape. Worked out for the Giants a week ago."
Peyton: "How would you like to make one more Superbowl run?"
Addai: "Sure thing, what time is the flight?"

pricejj
11-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Addai might know the system next year, when Tom Moore becomes OC

Koppen picked it up rather quickly.

swaiy
11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
So are we looking to actually gain yards on the ground or just bring some old ****er in that can pass block?

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Koppen picked it up rather quickly.

Alot of it also has to do with manning. Look at him barking on the sidelines with the offense after TDs. Up by double scores and he's fired up giving more schooling than most OCs.

It's pretty much a dead issue though cause its going to be Moreno. Now if one of these 3 backs go down then it will be

SonOfLe-loLang
11-19-2012, 02:23 PM
I could be totally wrong, i just dont think this will be the biggest deal

Punisher
11-19-2012, 02:24 PM
How about Xavier Omon

This
He showed a little spark in pre season, the hell with it bring him in. It's a shame that Fox is looking pass KS, maybe he got sick and tired of him losing his shoe and limping to the sideline every play.

SportinOne
11-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Well, for all of you who questioned McGahee's value to the team, here's your chance to see what life is like without him. The run game is not going to pretty.

Peyton and the coaches will figure out a way to get short yardage when they need to but this certainly doesn't help us against Baltimore and Tampa, let alone in the playoffs.

For many reasons, we need to get that bye. We need to beat Baltimore.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
So are we looking to actually gain yards on the ground or just bring some old ****er in that can pass block?

Well, after watching alot of 3rd and short to 3rd and 4-6 end up being runs, resulting in failed conversions alot this year, they can improve

Bronco Yoda
11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
See... we should have kept Teebs. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Anyone have a stat of our 3rd down conversions/failed conversions being run plays this entire year? I remember seeing audibles into runs, resulting in no gains.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Well, for all of you who questioned McGahee's value to the team, here's your chance to see what life is like without him. The run game is not going to pretty.

Peyton and the coaches will figure out a way to get short yardage when they need to but this certainly doesn't help us against Baltimore and Tampa, let alone in the playoffs.

Even with McGahee, the broncos were **** at getting short yardage

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
I could be totally wrong, i just dont think this will be the biggest deal

I don't either. Looking back at all the games. How many were won based on significant play by Mcgahee?

Jekyll15Hyde
11-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I am calling it now... We will be singing knoshawn praises here in a few weeks. Peyton Manning effect. Little known

BroncoBeavis
11-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Not that worried. Our run game sucks to be honest, so there's not much to miss. We have the same YPC as that wonderful 2010 (4-12) season. As was predicted, our run game has returned to that form. Difference is, now with PFM we don't really need it.

Punisher
11-19-2012, 02:38 PM
I might add Willis love to fumble in the playoffs just saying

DarkHorse30
11-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I am calling it now... We will be singing knoshawn praises here in a few weeks. Peyton Manning effect. Little known
word.

TonyR
11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't know, the sky might not be falling but we're definitely going to miss him. By far the most competent RB on our roster, 11th in the league in rushing. Almost always gets positive yards, gets extra yards, helps set up the play action, etc. We really need Knowshon to step up, and that's a scary proposition. I think some of you underestimate his impact.

fwf
We can audition everyone next week in the 2nd half when we're up 30. Lets dress like 5 RB's and give them all a series. We could even try out Virgil Green or and Jim Leonhard back there.

pricejj
It's pretty much a dead issue though cause its going to be Moreno. Now if one of these 3 backs go down then it will be

Not mad. Knowshon tries hard. He can become a hero if he succeeds.

Looking forward to see the reaction from Hillman, Ball, and Moreno. This could be what it takes for Hillman to snap out of his rookie daze. Your only as good as your NEXT MAN UP! :strong:

...would be sweet if McGahee is only out 4 weeks.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
I think it will clearly be Knowshon as the lead back now.

There was no reason for us to keep him rostered except as pure depth to McGahee. Hillman is the change of pace back and Ball plays special teams, which is the only reason he's been active and Moreno has not been. If Moreno wasn't the direct backup to McGahee, then we would not have kept him.

I'm grabbing him in my fantasy league. We have a cupcake run defense schedule in the fantasy playoffs, and I think Moreno will be the lead back, with Hillman and Ball keeping the exact same roles they have now.

Pseudofool
Well, this is why Moreno wasn't traded/cut. Adding another back from the street for depth is due diligence but you'd have to think Moreno is in a better to position to be productive than, say, Steve Slaton.

Navy Broncos Fan
11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
After sitting out most of the season Moreno has fresh legs and something to prove. I'm betting he runs well.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Did he quit or get cut?

He quit on them in the middle of a conditioning test per report.

fwf
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Why is everyone so sure Moreno is going to play alot? How do you go from street cloths to number 1 back in a week? The more likely scenario is Hillman will start next week,, the offense will sputter a bit because Hillman stinks,, then Ball will come in and finish with around 14-16 carries. I predict maybe 3 carries for Moreno. How do we know Johnson wont dress instead of Moreno. The fact is.. you dont.

swaiy
11-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Why is everyone so sure Moreno is going to play alot? How do you go from street cloths to number 1 back in a week? The more likely scenario is Hillman will start next week,, the offense will sputter a bit because Hillman stinks,, then Ball will come in and finish with around 14-16 carries. I predict maybe 3 carries for Moreno. How do we know Johnson wont dress instead of Moreno. The fact is.. you dont.

One thing we do know... You should be the last person telling someone they dont know something.

Bronco Yoda
11-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm betting Moreno will do fine. He knows the playbook and has fresh legs. This is why he was kept. This is his chance to redeem himself. What a golden opportunity. Good luck KM. Don't blow it!

pricejj
11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
From the forgotten confines of the inactive list...an unlikely hero emerged.

Coming off an ACL injury, from the previous year, #27 bided his time. Waiting to be called on, the 4-year Pro finally got his chance...

Ride Broncos....RIDE!!!

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/906/508/hi-res-6568664_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Ratboy
11-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Ouch. This one hurts!

fwf
11-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Ouch. This one hurts!

Who is this girl you have chosen for your avatar sir?

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 03:04 PM
One thing we do know... You should be the last person telling someone they dont know something.

Hilarious! this ^ I really think letting this guy post is way better then banning him.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 03:10 PM

Ya right.

He could have 150 combined rushing and receiving yards and a TD or two every game and people would find fault with him, saying he left yards on the field, got gassed after every long run, celebrated too much, didn't get as much as McGahee would've gotten, only got his yards in garbage time.....something. Anything to discredit what he's done.

Just look at how fast the Hillman fan boys already turned on HIM, and it's only been a few games with very few carries per game for him. It's pretty comical.

AKBroncofan
11-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Not good news. Hope he's back for the playoffs. Moreno is not the answer for sure.

oubronco
11-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Bean if he can produce 150 a game we will be just fine

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Probably cause the starting RB went down. Hillman won't carry the load a starting RB. Even if he's starting. There will be NO clear starter. Have you not watched at all this year? People were complaining there was NO run game before Mcgahee got hurt. You seem hell bent on pointing out your negative opinion about this entire team. They are averaging 30 points a game with a average at best run game this year. That should tell you something.

baja
11-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Bingo.
That means the FO has a real problem with slowshon, and needs warm bodies for depth.

Here comes the stats in 3..2..1..

If that were true he would have been cut long ago. Roster spots are too precious to keep a player you have no intention of ever using. He will be active and he will play.

Bring RBs in is just due diligence. Doubt the sign one and if they do sign someone you can bet it will be a heavy hitter like Willis.

Ratboy
11-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Who is this girl you have chosen for your avatar sir?

Alexandra Daddario

24champ
11-19-2012, 03:24 PM

Moreno has been with the team the whole season, not in street clothes. He's been to practice and the film room all season. So that's why he's the most likely back to get most of the carries and it doesn't alter the game plan too much.

baja
11-19-2012, 03:25 PM

If Turner couldn't get something out of him I wouldn't ever spring for the cost of an airline ticket.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Here is the conundrum:
1. They are hoping McGahee will only be out 4-6 weeks
2. "Temporary" IR designation is no longer applicable
3. To sign a Free Agent, a currently active player would need to be cut
4. The only possible guys they could cut would be Knowshon Moreno or Julius Thomas (that I an see).
5. Don't think that's going to happen

It all comes down to who you think is more valuable...Joseph Addai or Knowshon Moreno. It's going to be a tough call...but if they were going to drop Knowshon for Addai, they would have done it at the start of the season. Fox and Co. aren't into mid-season roster shake-ups. A part of me thinks Addai is better...but something is obviously going on with him, or he would be on a team already.

fwf
11-19-2012, 03:58 PM
You seem hell bent on pointing out your negative opinion about this entire team.

Simply not true. I only rag on the run game/McGahee and the people on here who think in terms of fantasy i.e lets just play the big name and never question the performance of a veteran.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Probably cause the starting RB went down. Hillman won't carry the load a starting RB. Even if he's starting. There will be NO clear starter. Have you not watched at all this year? People were complaining there was NO run game before Mcgahee got hurt. You seem hell bent on pointing out your negative opinion about this entire team. They are averaging 30 points a game with a average at best run game this year. That should tell you something.

So 30 is fine and we shouldnt try and improve? Do you understand that our QB is having one of if not the best season ever by a QB? Do you understand that we're only going to have him for a few seasons? I want a Lombardi this year.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 04:03 PM
So 30 is fine and we shouldnt try and improve? Do you understand that our QB is having one of if not the best season ever by a QB? Do you understand that we're only going to have him for a few seasons? I want a Lombardi this year.

You of all people should be thrilled about this. It gives you the prefect chance to start another fake thread with crap info about the new RB Denver is going to sign off the street.

cutthemdown
11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
There is nothing the broncos can do to fix this in the current yr. They will have to go at it with Ball, Hillman and Moreno. You just can't find good players available week 10 of an NFL season. We got lucky on the kick returner but i doubt we find a starting RB.

This isn't a huge blow because Willis doesn't make big plays anymore. It's easy to figure RB will be a high priority next yr. For McGahee, at his age, I'd say he will be back but can no longer be counted on as a starter.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:11 PM
You of all people should be thrilled about this. It gives you the prefect chance to start another fake thread with crap info about the new RB Denver is going to sign off the street.

Actually i did hear that Manning was pushing for Addai. Saw that on another board.

baja
11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
WE ARE A TEAM OF DESTINY - Knowshon Morano will play lights out and we will never look back.

DENVERDUI55
Actually i did hear that Manning was pushing for Addai. Saw that on another board.

That is a real valid source. Is that where you got the DeAngelo trade from?

baja

That might be but the trouble is nobody here will believe you.

WHERE'S THAT VEDIO?

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 04:14 PM

No you heard Manning was pushing Addai off the couch.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:19 PM
That is a real valid source. Is that where you got the DeAngelo trade from?

No. I made up the DeAngelo rumor. This one i got from another board.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 04:20 PM

If they sign Addai, they would cut Moreno.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
If they sign Addai, they would cut Moreno.

Honestly they should have been doing this when they made up their minds that Moreno was done in Denver. Addai can't be in any type of shape. He couldn't even make it through the Pats condition test at the beginning of the season. I'm sure he has been getting rounder since then.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM

This is why no one takes you serious. Anything you say is wrong.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 04:27 PM

Giants won the SB having the worst ranked rushing offense in the league. Tell me how they needed Jacobs so much.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:34 PM
This is why no one takes you serious. Anything you say is wrong.

I already stated my reason for starting that thread. The shouldnt have banned me. Id doesnt mean i cant contribute to the discussion. Im not just throwing lies out and talking trash. I stating my opinion. which is better then yours so youre upset.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Giants won the SB having the worst ranked rushing offense in the league. Tell me how they needed Jacobs so much.

This argument doesnt fly. So we shouldnt try and improve at every position every week? I dont think we're better then the Pats right now.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
I already stated my reason for starting that thread. The shouldnt have banned me. Id doesnt mean i cant contribute to the discussion. Im not just throwing lies out and talking trash. I stating my opinion. which is better then yours so youre upset.

You're opinion is hot garbage. Just trash. Nothing you say is believable.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Which board?

TonyR
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Per LaCanfora, Broncos are working out Steve Slaton and others tomorrow...

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/270611877309063170

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
This argument doesnt fly. So we shouldnt try and improve at every position every week? I dont think we're better then the Pats right now.

So on 3rd and 3 this year you've been wanting them to run Mcgahee or Ball up the middle? Cause that wasn't working so much. I found myself hoping for passes on 3rd and 3.

The patriots blew us out when we had the 1st ranked rushing offense. I'd take my chances beating the patriots with Manning hucking the ball all over the field than giving Mcgahee the ball 20 or more times.

rbackfactory80
11-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Portis?

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 04:42 PM

You contribute nothing when you throw lies out there. Anything after will just be assumed another lie. Cry wolf works in this situation.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
You're opinion is hot garbage. Just trash. Nothing you say is believable.

Atleast I dont trash people like you. I trash opinions, but not people. Except lonestar of course.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:45 PM
You contribute nothing when you throw lies out there. Anything after will just be assumed another lie. Cry wolf works in this situation.

But im not stating facts, just opinions.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
But im not stating facts, just opinions.

That thread wasn't an opinion. It was cemented in stone Williams was a bronco per your source.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
So on 3rd and 3 this year you've been wanting them to run Mcgahee or Ball up the middle? Cause that wasn't working so much. I found myself hoping for passes on 3rd and 3.

The patriots blew us out having the 1st ranked rushing offense. I'd take my chances beating the patriots with Manning hucking the ball all over the field than giving Mcgahee the ball 20 or more times.

ugh. McGahee is done. He'll never play another down for us i bet. Can we move on to the backs we have. Thankfully

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Atleast I dont trash people like you. I trash opinions, but not people. Except lonestar of course.

You trashed yourself by pulling the weakest thing I have ever seen on this board after being banned. You have no one to blame for the backlash you get but your weak skinned self.

yerner
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Is Tim Hightower fully healthy? How does that dude not have a job?

extralife
11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
This is awful

Addai could be a low risk guy, he knows Manning, he knows the offense, he knows what we'd want him to do. The problem is he sucks. We aren't going to find a guy who can actually get 15+ carries a game and make them work.

Lets try to convince Ricky Williams to give it another go. **** me.

fwf
11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
That thread wasn't an opinion. It was cemented in stone Williams was a bronco per your source.

Yeah Im talking about after that thread. I admit i was trolling that day but I had just cause. No way should i have been banned. I had some things to say that day

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
ugh. McGahee is done. He'll never play another down for us i bet. Can we move on to the backs we have. Thankfully

Guessed you missed the "or ball" part.

TonyR
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Is Tim Hightower fully healthy? How does that dude not have a job?

Knee issues.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah Im talking about after that thread. I admit i was trolling that day but I had just cause. No way should i have been banned. I had some things to say that day

Whatever things you had to say should've been directed at who deserved it. Starting a thread that a huge percentage of OM was going to click on just pulled bystanders into whatever you were trying to get across.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 04:59 PM
We're getting DeAngelo Williams?! !Booya!

ScottXray
11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
McGahee says he thinks he can get back in 4-5 weeks. But he is
over 30 years old and, frankly, it takes longer to heal the older you are.

My bet is he isn't going to make it back in time for the playoffs, or maybe even the SB ( assuming we get there).

Most likely Knowshown will be active next week and will be in the rotation on running plays. If he is blowing blitz pickups it will be Ball getting the bulk of the calls and KM in for short yardage runs. Hopefully Kuper is back by the Tampa game.

If Mcgahee goes on IR they will sign a FA pickup or move up JJ. Probably the latter.

It makes no sense that they have kept KM on the roster this long and would cut him now. He is cheap insurance for just this situation and that is why they kept him. Now, he gets a chance to change their ( and most here) minds. Lets hope he steps up and does just that.

fwf
11-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Whatever things you had to say should've been directed at who deserved it. Starting a thread that a huge percentage of OM was going to click on just pulled bystanders into whatever you were trying to get across.

I don't think I like you

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't think I like you

Yep. That happens.

You did mention the patriots earlier, gotta think them losing Gronk will hurt just as much as our RB. MCL is not as serious as it used to be. Before they would do surgery. Now they realize it heals on its own after 4 or so weeks. I see people coming back after a month or so in the snow industry with that injury. And knees are a big part when you hucking off 60 foot table tops.

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
This is awful

Addai could be a low risk guy, he knows Manning, he knows the offense, he knows what we'd want him to do. The problem is he sucks. We aren't going to find a guy who can actually get 15+ carries a game and make them work.

Lets try to convince Ricky Williams to give it another go. **** me.

Sticky Ricky is a good idea other than I highly doubt he could piss clean.

Hamrob
11-19-2012, 05:41 PM
When Steve Slaton is the number one option....youch!

Just love the one you got!

baja
11-19-2012, 06:04 PM

The patriots blew us out having the 1st ranked rushing offense. I'd take my chances beating the patriots with Manning hucking the ball all over the field than giving Mcgahee the ball 20 or more times.

Are they ranked first in run D because they are great up front or because they score so quickly they force teams to pass to play catch up?

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Are they ranked first in run D because they are great up front or because they score so quickly they force teams to pass to play catch up?

I meant we were 1st in rushing. I should edit that. Should say blew us out while we were 1st in rushing

canadianbroncosfan
11-19-2012, 06:16 PM

That's a pretty clear cut bannable offense.

baja
11-19-2012, 06:18 PM
McGahee says he thinks he can get back in 4-5 weeks. But he is
over 30 years old and, frankly, it takes longer to heal the older you are.

My bet is he isn't going to make it back in time for the playoffs, or maybe even the SB ( assuming we get there).

Most likely Knowshown will be active next week and will be in the rotation on running plays. If he is blowing blitz pickups it will be Ball getting the bulk of the calls and KM in for short yardage runs. Hopefully Kuper is back by the Tampa game.

If Mcgahee goes on IR they will sign a FA pickup or move up JJ. Probably the latter.

It makes no sense that they have kept KM on the roster this long and would cut him now. He is cheap insurance for just this situation and that is why they kept him. Now, he gets a chance to change their ( and most here) minds. Lets hope he steps up and does just that.

I think he will. He was playing like a man possessed when he went down with an injury.

Maybe the FO sees him as fragile and did just as you said kept him safe and inactive on the sidelines so he would be fully rested and healthy for just this occasion, mean while getting youg Hillman some necessary reps to get up to speed at the pro level.

Oh and they really didn't like that fumble he gave up on the last play he played this season.

Kaylore
11-19-2012, 06:29 PM

I just looked over the forum guidelines. I did not find anywhere it said you can break any of the rules so long as you have "some things to say that day."

baja
11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I just looked over the forum guidelines. I did not find anywhere it said you can break any of the rules so long as you have "some things to say that day."

He does have an irritating posting style but I thought the fake trade thread was a great gotcha and funny as hell. It's OK to have some fun isn't?

Kaylore
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM
He does have an irritating posting style but I thought the fake trade thread was a great gotcha and funny as hell. It's OK to have some fun isn't?

Not if it breaks guidelines. Should I slander your mom if it's all in good fun?

gyldenlove
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM

It was prop 54B, I think it was passed recently in a latenight deal between Taco and the dark syndicate known as the Methwolfe alliance, rumors on the lightrail are that someone had some incriminating photos of TJ allegedly ordering an assassination attempt on some leading members of another orangemane faction, either the CoC or the EGIBGB.

baja
11-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Not if it breaks guidelines. Should I slander your mom if it's all in good fun?

I don't think the two are in the same league and I doubt you do either.

I don't care if you ban him or not.

I thought the thread was funny and still do.

He does owe us a video though. ;D

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Joseph Addai- It could be an indication the Giants are worried about Ahmad Bradshaw's neck injury, though with New York on bye for Week 11, It's Addai's first known workout since earning his release from the Patriots for failing his training camp physical. Nov 14 - 6:42 PM

Ryan Torain- In addition to Joseph Addai, the Giants worked out free agent RBs Ryan Torain, Mewelde Moore, and Kregg Lumpkin on Tuesday. It's the first sign of interest in Torain that we've seen since the Redskins waived him in December of 2011. The workouts seem to suggest the Giants have at least mild concern about Ahmad Bradshaw's (neck) availability for Week 12 after the bye. Nov 15 - 1:38 PM

looks like these guys have been worked out recently.

Hamrob
11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Either would be good.

Addai would be the best one probably...he already is familiar with Manning. Torain is a tough inside runner and could replace that aspect of Magahee's game.

Heyneck
11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Hillman doesn't deserve 15 carries a game. He's gotten his shot and hasnt shown lick.. He doesnt make guys miss. As long as Ball picks up his assignments we'll be fine with him getting 15 carries and letting KM and Hillman split the other 10.

^ Hilarious! Are you serious? Putting the majority in the care of Ball? Heck no! Just watch how Moreno runs away with the job unless he gets injured... which is really his biggest problem. I have no doubt that for the first time KM will have an OL that will not get pushed back at the line of scrimmage 80% of the time. Now it's up to him to take advantage of the situation of Manning being the defense main problem. He will have his chance... it's up to him to not let his career fizzle down the drain.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
^ Hilarious! Are you serious? Putting the majority in the care of Ball? Heck no! Just watch how Moreno runs away with the job unless he gets injured... which is really his biggest problem. I have no doubt that for the first time KM will have an OL that will not get pushed back at the line of scrimmage 80% of the time. Now it's up to him to take advantage of the situation of Manning being the defense main problem. He will have his chance... it's up to him to not let his career fizzle down the drain.

It's funny how much he hates McGahee for fumbling yet is OK with Ball fumbling after 9 touches last week.

Lycan
11-19-2012, 08:21 PM
If Ball is the starter we are screwed. That guy shouldn't even be on the roster, he fumbles, and he just flat out sucks.

Hillman should get half of the carries, the other half should be split among whoever else is dressed to play, be that Moreno, Ball, Slaton, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, Selvin Young, Reuben Droughns, Quentin Griffin, Olandis Gary, or whoever.

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I honestly don't know if there is any "status" (injury related) on JJ. He's on the PS.....so I'm not sure why they wouldn't consider activating him.

If he is on the PS I would elevate him.

Slaton is interesting even if others have passed on him.

I trust this staff to find the right guy they have made a ton of great moves already this year.

If I were John I would look over Shanny's PS and see what he has stashed there RB wise...

RaiderH8r
11-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Honestly they should have been doing this when they made up their minds that Moreno was done in Denver. Addai can't be in any type of shape. He couldn't even make it through the Pats condition test at the beginning of the season. I'm sure he has been getting rounder since then.

To be fair, the Pats' conditioning test consisted of Addai operating a high powered HD video camera from a quarter mile away using a telephoto lens. I mean, the dude went to LSU. He can barely read. Making him use high end tech stuff is just out of his depth. Maybe an iPhone camera but not the HD.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Tatum Bell says "Broncos need to call me". Guessing that's on a flowed phone from his old mall job.

CEH
11-20-2012, 09:18 AM
What most of the naysayers of McGahee don't understand is that Willis may not be a dynamic back but he was top 10 in rushing on his way to a monster day on Sunday and he is a guy that instead of getting 2-3 yards would consistently get you 4-5 putting the team into a managable 2 down.

Even with Willis we still have issues converting 3rd and short but now I'm not sure we have that RBBC or next man up that can put us in 3rd and two like Willis was doing for us

Inkana7
11-20-2012, 09:24 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/270907539720388608

pricejj
11-20-2012, 09:28 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/270907539720388608

What does the tweet say? I can't link...

BigPlayShay
11-20-2012, 09:30 AM
What does the tweet say? I can't link...

Wesley Woodyard said Moreno has been killing the Broncos defense as the scout team RB. "I'm telling you, he's going to be ready to play."

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Wesley Woodyard said Moreno has been killing the Broncos defense as the scout team RB. "I'm telling you, he's going to be ready to play."

We will see. I want to see if he can just stay on the field without getting hurt a la Samuel Jackson style.

HorseHead
11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
let me be the first to say in regards to Moreno killin' the 1st string D..

"we're talkin 'bout practice man..."

2KBack
11-20-2012, 09:39 AM
We will see. I want to see if he can just stay on the field without getting hurt a la Samuel Jackson style.

I'm still not sure where this OM meme came from...Outside of an ACL tear, Moreno has been pretty healthy...it's not like he is Ryan Torain or Boss Bailey

bronco militia
11-20-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.jimbowley.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/iverson.jpg

errand
11-20-2012, 09:46 AM
I understand that team mates generally won't throw other players under the bus, but they do see how well or badly other players practice. I'd be a little more optimistic about how well Moreno will perform.

errand
11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
let me be the first to say in regards to Moreno killin' the 1st string D..

"we're talkin 'bout practice man..."

So if other, allegedly more talented RB's in the NFL aren't doing as well against our 1st string D on game day, perhaps the praise he's getting from his team mates is warranted?

dictionary
11-20-2012, 09:54 AM

I never hated Moreno, and I honestly think that he was inactive because it was apparent post Atlanta game that he was physically unable to perform because he was still rehabing. I honestly would not be surprised to see Moreno have a red letter day vs KC.

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm still not sure where this OM meme came from...Outside of an ACL tear, Moreno has been pretty healthy...it's not like he is Ryan Torain or Boss Bailey

I remember the Tweaked Hammy would always make an appearance.

bronco militia
11-20-2012, 10:21 AM
what is wierd is that Slowshon is making the NFL's 6th ranked defense look silly when his ONLY 4th on depth chart

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!??!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-20-2012, 10:34 AM
what is wierd is that Slowshon is making the NFL's 6th ranked defense look silly when his ONLY 4th on depth chart

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!??!!

Ya that's what I'm wondering. Haha

Unleash the beast

bronco militia
11-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Ya that's what I'm wondering. Haha

Unleash the beast

John Fox is obviously a racist.

broncocalijohn
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
January 6 which is the first Sunday of the playoffs would be 48 days.....just shy of 7 weeks

b****, we are getting a first round bye!

JJ no lookie?

BTW, this is why the coaching staff has kept Moreno out this whole time. They needed to make sure he was injury safe. They locked him up in a room for his own good.

pricejj
11-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Oh snap. The Broncos RIDE AGAIN!!! :strong:

fwf
11-20-2012, 10:47 AM
What most of the naysayers of McGahee don't understand is that Willis may not be a dynamic back but he was top 10 in rushing on his way to a monster day on Sunday and he is a guy that instead of getting 2-3 yards would consistently get you 4-5 putting the team into a managable 2 down.

Even with Willis we still have issues converting 3rd and short but now I'm not sure we have that RBBC or next man up that can put us in 3rd and two like Willis was doing for us

Yeah, McGahee looked great next to Hillman, but I'm telling you, Ball will be just as effective as McGahee running the ball. Can Ball pass protect and always be in the correct spot like McGahee.. we shall see. But as far as pure rushing skills, McGahee wont be difficult to replace.

swaiy
11-20-2012, 11:03 AM
I think JJ will be on the active roster next year. No sense in taking him off the PS and losing him since he is ineligble for it if he plays another game. WM cant be IR'd and brought back due to how late we are in the season. Why have 5RBs on the 53? I think they'll bring in some guy for depth but to develop JJ just to cut him wouldnt make sense.

fwf
11-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Look were most effective on Offense in the 3-wide set which means our backs have to run efficiently between the tackles and pass protect with a vengeance. Hillman doesnt do either particularly well. He may be improving, but I think Ball is the guy who will eventually get the most carries. He's the guy im picking up in fantasy at least.

Broncos_OTM
11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I never hated Moreno, and I honestly think that he was inactive because it was apparent post Atlanta game that he was physically unable to perform because he was still rehabing. I honestly would not be surprised to see Moreno have a red letter day vs KC.
Might make sense if he wasnt killing the broncos from the scout team

DBroncos4life
11-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Look were most effective on Offense in the 3-wide set which means our backs have to run efficiently between the tackles and pass protect with a vengeance. Hillman doesnt do either particularly well. He may be improving, but I think Ball is the guy who will eventually get the most carries. He's the guy im picking up in fantasy at least.

You must be in a league were you lose points for fumbles. Nine touches and he fumbled last week. When they wanted to run the clock out they trusted Hillman not Ball.

CEH
11-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah, McGahee looked great next to Hillman, but I'm telling you, Ball will be just as effective as McGahee running the ball. Can Ball pass protect and always be in the correct spot like McGahee.. we shall see. But as far as pure rushing skills, McGahee wont be difficult to replace.

You still ignore the fact Willis was #10 in rushing next to whomever and on his way to maybe #8 after Sunday

Bottomline is I still beleive this team no matter who runs the ball will put up close to 30 a game so the other team will have to match Denver's offensive output

TonyR
11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Some Lance Ball love from IAOFM. I did not know this:

Not to be overlooked is that Ball spent much of a year's time with the Colts between 2008 and 2009, and therefore he and Peyton Manning have a pre-existing comfort with each other. http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-second-helping-of-lance-ball-in-blitz-pickup

2KBack
11-20-2012, 12:20 PM

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-second-helping-of-lance-ball-in-blitz-pickup

Ball only played in 1 game for the Colts...I highly doubt there was much chemistry built.

TonyR
11-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Ball only played in 1 game for the Colts...I highly doubt there was much chemistry built.

Yes, agree. But by "comfort" they could also mean "familiarity". They practiced together, film room, etc. But agree, not really a big deal. I just never knew he was a Colt.

fwf
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
You must be in a league were you lose points for fumbles. Nine touches and he fumbled last week. When they wanted to run the clock out they trusted Hillman not Ball.

Your point about Hillman getting the rock at the end of the game is a decent one but if you want to compare who's better at protecting the ball then I think we need larger sample sizes for both... Hillman 1 fumble thru 46 attempts. Ball 5 thru 175.

So i went back and tried to find fumble totals from college. I didnt see anything on Ball, but Hillman lost 5 fumbles in 13 games last season and 2 his freshman year.

Something i found interesting during my search was the pre-draft analysis by profootballweekly.com on Hillman. Their write-up on his negative is pretty much exactly what we're seeing this season. Let's hope we see more of the positives down the stretch.

Rare two-year production. Nearly beat Missouri by himself as a freshman. Has playmaking ability (see 99-yard TD vs. Wyoming). Good vision and balance. Is quick-footed, agile and elusive with a fluid stride. Nice lateral agility to jump-cut and divert his path. Strings moves together with stop-and-start ability. Good short-area quickness to zip through creases. Shows second-level burst. Keeps his legs pumping on contact. Has hip flexibility and change of direction to separate vs. man coverage and is slippery after the catch. Handled an average of 23 carries per game over two years.
Negatives:

Undersized — has a small, narrow frame and lacks bulk. Is not equipped to grind between the tackles. Average run strength — too easily turned on contact, gets stood up in the hole and cannot push the pile. Still developing patience — at times runs up the backs of linemen. Can be short-circuited by penetration. Carries the ball loosely away from his body and fumbles have been an issue. Lets throws get into his body and drops passes he shouldn’t. Low blocker. Was contained by TCU.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/ronnie-hillman-13/

footstepsfrom#27
11-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Where is LenDale White these days? ;D

fwf
11-20-2012, 12:41 PM
You still ignore the fact Willis was #10 in rushing next to whomever and on his way to maybe #8 after Sunday

Bottomline is I still beleive this team no matter who runs the ball will put up close to 30 a game so the other team will have to match Denver's offensive output

How many lousy running backs ran for 1000 yds for us during the 00's? This team is no different. The holes are there and McGahee was finding them.. I guess give him credit for that, but my eye test for him when compared against the top talent in the league show McGahee lacking. The burst was gone, no big play ability, zero edge speed. We just quit running out side.

Your last point is fine, but wouldnt it be better if we avg. 35-40.

Action
11-20-2012, 01:09 PM
How many lousy running backs ran for 1000 yds for us during the 00's? This team is no different. The holes are there and McGahee was finding them.. I guess give him credit for that, but my eye test for him when compared against the top talent in the league show McGahee lacking. The burst was gone, no big play ability, zero edge speed. We just quit running out side.

Your last point is fine, but wouldnt it be better if we avg. 35-40.

The running game now and in the 00's is completely different, and the holes now and then are much different.

The holes this year are much more difficult to find if they're even there...and McGahee finishes off a lot of his runs by plowing a defender 4-5 yards.

TonyR
11-20-2012, 01:20 PM
...and McGahee finishes off a lot of his runs by plowing a defender 4-5 yards.

Yup. McGahee doesn't have a lot of speed and isn't a home run hitter but he finds the holes and maximizes them pretty well. And he gets some yards after contact. He's gonna be missed more than some think.

Legwold puts it well here:

McGahee is easily the team's most productive runner out of a three wide receiver set, because he is so proficient at running inside. He makes quick decisions and finishes runs between the guards with power.

Read more: Willis McGahee's injury will force big decisions in Broncos run game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22028715/willis-mcgahees-injury-will-force-big-decisions-broncos#ixzz2CnS7lqaL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

nyuk nyuk
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-second-helping-of-lance-ball-in-blitz-pickup

Doesn't help his slippery fingers and perennial backup status.

nyuk nyuk
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
One of the glaring issues of this offense continues to be the lack of depth. You have a starter who is good enough when healthy but has a history of knee injury, and backups who are either too small and/or injury prone, plus others who can't keep their hands on the damned ball. I wasn't happy at the lack of movement in the backfield. We should have picked up a solid FA somewhere.

pricejj
11-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Yup. McGahee doesn't have a lot of speed and isn't a home run hitter but he finds the holes and maximizes them pretty well. And he gets some yards after contact. He's gonna be missed more than some think.

You're right. Rewatching the Chargers game, McGahee always plows ahead for a couple more yards after contact.

While Hillman, Ball, and Moreno go down at first contact. It generally makes a difference of a couple yards, and is the primary reason why McGahee is effective, while the three-legged stool only aspires to be.

baja
11-20-2012, 01:54 PM
One of the glaring issues of this offense continues to be the lack of depth. You have a starter who is good enough when healthy but has a history of knee injury, and backups who are either too small and/or injury prone, plus others who can't keep their hands on the damned ball. I wasn't happy at the lack of movement in the backfield. We should have picked up a solid FA somewhere.

We had some serious rebuilding to do when Elway took over the FO. We are way ahead of were many thought we would be at this point. It will take another draft and free agent period to fill in the backups but you gotta love what Elway and company have done to date.

2KBack
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
You're right. Rewatching the Chargers game, McGahee always plows ahead for a couple more yards after contact.

While Hillman, Ball, and Moreno go down at first contact. It generally makes a difference of a couple yards, and is the primary reason why McGahee is effective, while the three-legged stool only aspires to be.

Actually, the last year he started, Moreno was among the league leaders in percentage of yards after first contact. If I remember correctly.

looks to be about 64%

http://stats-dont-lie.blogspot.com/2010/01/look-at-yards-gained-after-contact-for.html

Heyneck
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM

Legwold puts it well here:

Read more: Willis McGahee's injury will force big decisions in Broncos run game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22028715/willis-mcgahees-injury-will-force-big-decisions-broncos#ixzz2CnS7lqaL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

not only that, he hits the hole hard and with violence.

CEH
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM

I know I basically outined a couple pages back what I thought Maghee brought to the table that the other RBs do not. He consistently turns a 2 yard gain into a 4 yard gain. Come the 4th r those 4 yards gains turn into a 10 yard gain and clock eater

Example: After Willis went out I know for a fact Hillman missed the correct hole BTW a huge hole on teh left size basically could have walked backwards into the endzone but he went right a a yard gain and they had to settle for a FG when a TD there would have been huge

Some ppl on here expect AD when that is not what Willis is but he provides a skill set that I think the others will have a hard time matching

Hope I'm wrong and someone steps up

pricejj
11-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Example: After Willis went out I know for a fact Hillman missed the correct hole BTW a huge hole on teh left size basically could have walked backwards into the endzone but he went right a a yard gain and they had to settle for a FG when a TD there would have been huge

Hope I'm wrong and someone steps up

Yep. I think you're talking about the play where it was 2nd and goal at the 8. Hillman got the handoff, and headed towards a gaping hole over the Left Guard. Weddle started to sprint up from the endzone, and Hillman veered right to bounce it around the right edge. A Defensive Lineman fought through his block and tackled Hillman for a 1 yard gain, as Ronnie. Ronnie could have easily ran the ball down to the 4 or 5 yard line on that play if he ran through the hole.

The next play (3rd and goal), Manning completed a pass to Lance Ball down to the 1...then we kicked a FG.

I thought, at that time, that if McGahee were in, we'd have a good shot of scoring a TD instead of an FG.

McGahee might have been able to pick up a 1st down, on the last Offensive series too.

These backup RB's have a lot riding on them, but they are in a good situation to succeed. 6 games to go until playoffs.

pricejj
11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Actually, the last year he started, Moreno was among the league leaders in percentage of yards after first contact. If I remember correctly.

looks to be about 64%

http://stats-dont-lie.blogspot.com/2010/01/look-at-yards-gained-after-contact-for.html

That's cool. Well, this is a good time to show it. That would be freaking hysterical if Knowshon emerges as a solid option. As long as somebody is getting 4.0 ypc, I could care less who's in there. As has been stated before. Right now, we are 19th in rushing, hopefully we improve.

I have a lot of respect for Moreno because he was giving up his body when he was hurt last year. The dude is a soldier, not a wimp. You can't fault him, as long as he is running hard.

baja
11-20-2012, 02:53 PM
not only that, he hits the hole hard and with violence.

McGahee is grossly under appreciated on this board

2KBack
11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
That's cool. Well, this is a good time to show it. That would be freaking hysterical if Knowshon emerges as a solid option. As long as somebody is getting 4.0 ypc, I could care less who's in there. As has been stated before. Right now, we are 19th in rushing, hopefully we improve.

I have a lot of respect for Moreno because he was giving up his body when he was hurt last year. The dude is a soldier, not a wimp. You can't fault him, as long as he is running hard.

Our running scheme was just so painfully bad under McDaniels....it's honestly hard to tell if Moreno is underrated or overrated. He has at least flashed skills, which is what gives me hope.

baja
11-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Our running scheme was just so painfully bad under McDaniels....it's honestly hard to tell if Moreno is underrated or overrated. He has at least flashed skills, which is what gives me hope.

So true, never seen a Denver running game get stuffed for no gain or a loss more than McDs running scheme.

lonestar
11-20-2012, 03:10 PM

Mostly because he is not TD or AP someone that can take it all the way on any play. .

They see the flash and wonder what it would be like to score 60 a game. ..

We had that ability with John and TD but always relaxed after we were up 3 scores and in a lot of those games had to fight to the finish to hold on..
The D was on the field a lot and won or lost many of them with last second field goals.

Give me the big back that gets me 3.9 + every carry. He can handle the load as well as the punishment that NFL backs have to take.

If he gets an occasional 20 all the better but kill the clock instead of giving the ball back to the other team after 3 minutes, give your D rest on the sideline and wear down their D. So there is no question about the win afterwards.

maher_tyler
11-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Seems like that is a lot of players on the team. Mainly the young guys that don't produce at a pro bowl level their first 2 years. I remember when every one was ready to mail it in on DT.

baja
11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I blame it on the instant gratification generations (Last two)

baja
11-20-2012, 06:26 PM
McGahee says he thinks he will be back in 5 weeks. He does not need surgery, doc says he just needs to not put too much weight on it for a while. With the new technologies today such as a hyperbolic chamber and the like he could do it. After all look at the injury he came back from at the U and has played for what, 11 years now.

I'm thinking he is ready by the last game of the season for a few snaps anyway.