PDA

View Full Version : Rob Gronkowski breaks forearm on final extra point FG as Pats run up the score

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
A little justice for the Pats running up the score on the Colts.

He is out 4 weeks.

That One Guy
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
LOL

I recall listening to the announcers talk about how great the Pats were because they've broken 50 numerous times. All I could think of when they were talking about this was that the Patriots are one of the only teams running passing plays and trick plays when ahead by 30 points or whatever. They deserve all bad karma that comes their way.

DivineLegion
11-18-2012, 08:22 PM
This could really hurt the Pats with the 9ers and Texans stoping by in a couple of weeks.

Broncoman13
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Karma is a mother... So I won't laugh at them either.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Bummed for my FF team but this is some poetic justice

OBF1
11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I wish 1 person could tell me why in the world the NFL's best tight end is in during an extra point play when up by 25+ points???

Karma is a futher mucker!

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 08:55 PM
This could really hurt the Pats with the 9ers and Texans stoping by in a couple of weeks.

They need to lose two games. Their other TE, Fernandez, is out as well so hopefully they have a little free fall. You know the Jets will be fired up and it is a short week so maybe that will help the Jets pull the upset.

I would love to see the Pats in Denver for the playoffs.

Doggcow
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Totally ****s me in Fantasy. Glad you scored 59 instead of 58 though Belli****head.

Lestat
11-18-2012, 09:04 PM
that dumb bastard Bill B. that ****s my fantasy team over badly.
at the same time, we saw what happens when Gronk isn't 100% and they have to face a good team in the SB.

Bronco Boy
11-18-2012, 09:12 PM

Really? I would almost rather play Houston in Houston than the Pats in Denver.

broncosteven
11-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Why is it that the Pats can put 50 up on the board during the season then get lucky and get into the SB off a dropped pass and missed chip shot FG then lose in the SB?

Hoping they get to come to Denver in the divisional or AFCCG like back in 2005 with the same or better outcome.

broncosteven
11-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Why is it that the Pats can put 50 up on the board during the season then get lucky and get into the SB off a dropped pass and missed chip shot FG then lose in the SB?

Hoping they get to come to Denver in the divisional or AFCCG like back in 2005 with the same or better outcome.

Hamrob
11-18-2012, 09:31 PM
That sucks to see....he's a great player. You hate to see anyone get hurt.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
bob kraft doesn't play square.

Kaylore
11-18-2012, 09:41 PM
I have him on two fantasy teams with no receivers at all. That pretty much ended my season.

DivineLegion
11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Where's the Kellen Winslow mother cycle gif when you need it?

DivineLegion
11-18-2012, 10:00 PM
They need to lose two games. Their other TE, Fernandez, is out as well so hopefully they have a little free fall. You know the Jets will be fired up and it is a short week so maybe that will help the Jets pull the upset.

It's a big break (unavoidable pun, really...) for the Broncos home field hopes. We need the 9ers and Texans to capitalize, but it intensifies our luminal outlook.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/969083-gronk-arm-injury.html

Action
11-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Do you think Patriots ran up the score?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8650833/source-rob-gronkowski-breaks-forearm-new-england-patriots-win

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski broke his forearm at the end of the team's 59-24 rout of the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday, a team source confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The source told Schefter that Gronkowski was injured on the Patriots' final extra point with 3:55 remaining in the fourth quarter. X-rays after the game revealed the broken forearm.

"Rob is obviously a special player, so when he goes down, it will obviously hurt," fellow tight end Michael Hoomanawanui said after the game, before the extent of the injury was known. "But we have a lot of depth and a lot of guys anxious to fill in and help this team win. Hopefully we can get Aaron (Hernandez) back (from an ankle injury). We'll just say a prayer and keep moving on."

An exact timetable for Gronkowski's return is unknown, but NFL.com reported Sunday night that the player has told people he will miss four to six weeks.

"He left the game with an arm injury," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said. "There was no update to that."

Gronkowski has followed up his record-setting season in 2011 with another strong campaign in '12, collecting 53 catches for 748 yards and 10 touchdowns through 10 games.

He had seven receptions for 137 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's win against the Colts.

The Patriots have leaned heavily upon Gronkowski in the absence of Hernandez, who has missed six games this season due to an ankle injury originally suffered in Week 2.

Entering Week 11, Gronkowski had been on the field for 668 of the team's 710 offensive snaps (94.1 percent), the highest total among the team's offensive skill position players.

Indications are that Hernandez is nearing a return, and the Patriots have a pair of veterans in Visanthe Shiancoe and Daniel Fells, as well as Hoomanawanui at tight end to add depth.

Gronkowski has been listed as questionable in recent weeks due to a hip issue, but has played through the injury. He has not missed a game in his career, and notably played through an ankle injury during Super Bowl XLVI that required surgery following the season.

"When anyone, let alone Rob, goes down, that's part of the business. One play, you never know, unfortunately it could happen," Hoomanawanui said. "You just have to be ready to step up and keep taking on whatever role the team needs you to play. We'll move on and be ready to fill in and get ready for the Jets on Thursday."

The Patriots will visit the Jets on Thursday night, when they will look to build upon their AFC East division lead.

Broncos4Life
11-19-2012, 01:31 AM
My two fantasy teams just took a major hit.

Agamemnon
11-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Serves them right. I'll never understand why that team does that kind of ****. No you don't need to let up on a team, but at the same time you don't need to do everything possible to beat a clearly inferior team by 30+.

spiralism
11-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Thats what you get for being classless dickwads guys

WolfpackGuy
11-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Pretty stupid since the points tiebreakers don't start until way down the list.

We were laughing about how funny it would be if Brady got knocked out when they were still passing in the fourth quarter.

Elway 4 Life
11-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Karma is a MoFo.:giggle:

spdirty
11-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Karma is a MoFo.:giggle:

Don't like to cheer for injuries but, 58-24 and he's still on the field? **** em.

Requiem
11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
This is what the Patriots do. They are a classless franchise.

Endy
11-19-2012, 07:56 AM
On an extra point? Hilarious. Now the third string TE is gigged up because he'll get to see the field on extra points.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 08:08 AM
This is what the Patriots do. They are a classless franchise.

QFT.

broncogary
11-19-2012, 08:14 AM
On an extra point? Hilarious. Now the third string TE is gigged up because he'll get to see the field on extra points.

Visanthe Shiancoe should be a good fantasy pickup about now.

strafen
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
He's always been a part of the field goal and PAT team. Regardless whether it was 60-0 or 3-0 he's got to be there, he's part of the special team. There are only 53 players on the active roster, if you took him out who do you plug in?
I hate to be the devil's advocate, especially when I hate NE so much, but it seems to me that that was G's job to be in there regrdless the score...

Now, if you told me why is this guy even a member of the spcial team, then I would agree with you, he's got no place on ST, IMO...

DENVERDUI55
11-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Damn bye bye fantasy season but who cares this helps our real broncos.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
He's always been a part of the field goal and PAT team. Regardless whether it was 60-0 or 3-0 he's got to be there, he's part of the special team. There are only 53 players on the active roster, if you took him out who do you plug in?

One of the other 15 TE's they signed this offseason would be a good place to start looking.

spiralism
11-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I hate to be the devil's advocate, especially when I hate NE so much, but it seems to me that that was G's job to be in there regrdless the score...

Now, if you told me why is this guy even a member of the spcial team, then I would agree with you, he's got no place on ST, IMO...

If they werent running up the score though they don't kick an extra point cause no TD. Brady, Welker, Gronk and co all in on the drive to go 59-24 up with 4 mins left. I mean, for ****s sake.

zdoor
11-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Hate to see an injury to anyone. But, it was bound to happen sooner or later. They run up scores every chance they get...

ClamChowdah
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
McGahees injury is karma for saying this is karma, hopefully Peyton gets hit in the neck next. Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM
McGahees injury is karma for saying this is karma, hopefully Peyton gets hit in the neck next. Hilarious!

Enjoy the vacation.

Action
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM

I hope you do realize all 31 teams are saying the same thing about the Gronk injury.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Would I get banned for saying I hope this guy drowns in a dumpster?

Because if so, I absolutely won't say that.

Rohirrim
11-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Are there mods on this site anymore?

Action
11-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Would I get banned for saying I hope this guy drowns in a dumpster?

Because if so, I absolutely won't say that.

Would I get banned for talking about his family?

Because I heard his mommy and daddy were both _______________.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
The words "Belichick'' and "karma'' kept coming back from the ether, and I cannot argue. I've always thought the capriciousness of Belichick's early- and mid-fourth-quarter lineups in Patriot routs were his only weak points as a coach. It's bizarre to me that with a 28-point lead and 7:37 left in the fourth quarter Tom Brady was in the game -- and throwing twice -- to stretch the lead to 35. With a 31-point lead midway through the fourth quarter against the Rams in Week 8, backup Ryan Mallett entered the game. Good for him, and good for the Patriots long-term, to get the raw backup some playing time. So you'd think, then, that I'd view Gronkowski's injury in that same critical light. I don't.

I agree.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/19/week-11/index.html#ixzz2CiVJtkpd

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote of the Week III

"That's the old rule number one you never do. You're in your 15th year, and you kind of just say, 'Who gives a ----.''
-- Peyton Manning, miked by NFL Films for NFL Network's SoundFX show, running off the field after throwing a pass across his body, rolling right and throwing left, hitting Brandon Stokley for a touchdown against Carolina eight days ago.

Manning sounded like a coach often in the miking, gathering his offensive mates at one point and barking: "Let's address this now, so we don't do it at the end of the game and say, 'This is what went wrong.' We've made mental errors on every single play. I don't have to review 'em, right? There's not one thing they've done to stop us, right? Do our jobs better, and we'll execute. All right? Let's go. Hone in."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/19/week-11/index.html#ixzz2CiWtaNwo

Stat of the Week I

Shawne Merriman, who had his first sack of the season Thursday night for Buffalo, averaged 13.2 sacks per year in his first three NFL seasons. He's averaged 1.2 sacks per year in his last five seasons.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/19/week-11/index.html#ixzz2CiXJ4Z4T

Wow, who knew this guy was still playing. He must really need the money.