PDA

View Full Version : Moreno get to tear the Chiefs up ?

Jetmeck
11-18-2012, 11:07 PM
If wILLIS IS Down a week or two put Moreno in there, he seems to play his best against the Chiefs..................?

cutthemdown
11-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Looks to me like he's behind Hillman and Ball in the pecking order. I don't think Moreno totes the rock for Denver ever again unless more rbs go down. He's done in Denver and most likely the NFL also.

Jetmeck
11-19-2012, 12:20 AM
IF Mcgahee is down a week or two will see if Moreno is done or not.

extralife
11-19-2012, 01:04 AM
I don't think we're going to give Ball or Hillman McGahee type caries. Moreno will get his chance.

cutthemdown
11-19-2012, 01:24 AM
The coaching staff doesn't trust Moreno. Broncos will give 10-12 carries to Hillman, and 5-8 carries to Ball, and throw the ball 5-10 times more a game. I don't see Moreno all the sudden being part of the attack. He may get activated and get in if another rb gets injured, but not yet.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Anyone else notice that Hillman got the last three carries to end the game despite being smaller then Ball? Says a lot about Ball IMO.

misturanderson
11-19-2012, 02:11 AM
With how generally ineffective both Ball and Hillman have been, I don't see how they couldn't at least give Moreno a chance. If they are that worried about fumbles, McGahee would have been benched and so would Ball. Hell, half the team would be benched.

fontaine
11-19-2012, 04:01 AM
If Willis misses time, I'm definitely not looking forward to watching Moreno run straight into his blockers.

Agamemnon
11-19-2012, 05:25 AM
He's been disappointing for a 1st round pick, no doubt about it, but I'll never understand why people act like Moreno is the worst running back in Broncos history. He's sure as hell better than Ball.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 06:14 AM
He's been disappointing for a 1st round pick, no doubt about it, but I'll never understand why people act like Moreno is the worst running back in Broncos history. He's sure as hell better than Ball.

This.

Almost 2700 combined rushing and receiving yards and 19 TDs in just over 2 seasons of work behind what was at the time unquestionably one of the worst run blocking lines and worst running schemes in the entire league.

The guy is not worthless. Call me when Ball or Hillman get anywhere near that kind of production.

loborugger
11-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Hopefully Moreno can stay uninjured just long enough for Willis to heal. This a 50/50 proposition.

BroncoFiend
11-19-2012, 06:32 AM
There is a reason Moreno is still on the roster. He has been deactivated because he is not effective on special teams, but if McGahee is out, he will split carries with Hillman at a minimum.

TonyR
11-19-2012, 06:41 AM
I don't think Moreno totes the rock for Denver ever again unless more rbs go down. He's done in Denver and most likely the NFL also.

Well now this is just a bit overly dramatic. If McGahee is out this week expect Moreno to suit up and play.

BroncoDoom
11-19-2012, 07:42 AM
This.

Almost 2700 combined rushing and receiving yards and 19 TDs in just over 2 seasons of work behind what was at the time unquestionably one of the worst run blocking lines and worst running schemes in the entire league.

The guy is not worthless. Call me when Ball or Hillman get anywhere near that kind of production.

This^^^

Don't get the hate at all...and would not be surprised if we all are just clueless on this situation. Moreno is coming back from a serious knee injury... who is to say the coaches aren't saving him for the playoffs and letting that knee get 100%?

strafen
11-19-2012, 07:52 AM
If wILLIS IS Down a week or two put Moreno in there, he seems to play his best against the Chiefs..................?

Popps?!!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Moreno will be out there. No way hillman can carry a load. Chances one of them gets hurt for a couple series of possessions is pretty high.

You see how front and center Moreno was in fox's post game locker room speech? His pants were half off. He's ready to do business.

razorwire77
11-19-2012, 08:17 AM
I still think Hillman has quite a bit of potential. He clearly doesn't know the offense well yet, and he doesn't have the strength to consistently grind it out between the tackles, but he certainly can catch an edge and break some big runs in space. He's also made some big 3rd down catches this year, including yesterday.

As far as Moreno goes, I think he's a better pure runner than Ball. My guess is he's active against the Chefs and will get 5-8 carries. Assuming Willis can't play Hillman = 10-12 carries, Ball 5-8 carries, Moreno 5-8 carries.

Broncos_OTM
11-19-2012, 08:20 AM
If morenos attitude is good. I'm alright with him playing. We have a known quantity this year with the guys we have. i'd like to see moreno. Kuper though is key. And this team really really misses jd walton

Pony Boy
11-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Can't take a chance with Moreno on passing downs unless it's a screen to him because if he's rusty, misses a blitz pickup and Manning gets blown up, the season is over. At this point it's all about keeping Manning healthy for the playoffs.

cmhargrove
11-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Moreno is definitely on my **** list, but there's also a reason we haven't cut him outright. We were keeping him in case Willis got hurt, and it looks like that time may be now. Let him take as many reps as we can get out of him and get McGahee healthy for the playoff run. The guy has to know his career is on the line, and I love a guy playing with desperation.

Ride that horse until it dies. Then dump it after the season...

Popps
11-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.

razorwire77
11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.

This. He was on pace to go for 140-160 yards yesterday. WM doesn't get hurt, we beat the Bolts by 20. Yeah, he has some fumbling issues, but he's probably the 3rd most important player on this offense behind PM and Clady. Thankfully, we play largely crappy teams for the rest of the year, but Willis has to be relatively healthy for this team to have any chance of making noise in the playoffs.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Hillman has been less than impressive. I say give Moreno the start.

razorwire77
11-19-2012, 09:58 AM

Right now, Hillman has the ability to be a decent change of pace back. He has above average acceleration and top end speed. He's broken runs for decent gains in every game where he's gotten more than a couple of carries. He's also made some critical catches on 3rd down (including yesterday.)

That being said, he clearly doesn't have the offense down and the game is still too fast for him (probably because he's so young.) He needs to get a full off-season in the weight room and bulk up 10-15 pounds so he can be more effective between the tackles. But I agree, that he's not ready to be a feature back yet. And he may never be more than a change of pace back.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Right now, Hillman has the ability to be a decent change of pace back. He has above average acceleration and top end speed. He's broken runs for decent gains in every game where he's gotten more than a couple of carries. He's also made some critical catches on 3rd down (including yesterday.)

That being said, he clearly doesn't have the offense down and the game is still too fast for him (probably because he's so young.) He needs to get a full off-season in the weight room and bulk up 10-15 pounds so he can be more effective between the tackles. But I agree, that he's not ready to be a feature back yet. And he may never be more than a change of pace back.

His decent runs have come when there was a good size hole and he was able to use his speed. He really does not seem to be able to get the tough yards or break tackles.

razorwire77
11-19-2012, 10:26 AM
True, but some of those good sized holes, a Ball or Moreno probably wouldn't have had the speed to get the edge and exploit the crease. Maybe they'd get 7 yards, instead of 17. A 190 (being generous) pound back, as young as Hillman isn't going to break a lot of tackles. I think a bigger issue is that he's thinking too much and it's effecting his vision. Developing that vision, along with putting on some muscle mass will determine if he becomes more than just a scat back. We'll see though. I'm definitely not ready to call him a bust.

yerner
11-19-2012, 11:00 AM

It might be some of that, but he also had a major knee injury and clearly wasn't healthy in training camp and the start of the season. I think having other options have allowed them to be more patient with Moreno and save him for a spot like this weekend.

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 11:02 AM
There is a reason Moreno is still on the roster. He has been deactivated because he is not effective on THE team, but if McGahee is out, he will split carries with Hillman at a minimum.

Fixed it for you

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 11:09 AM

He is too small to be an every down back. When he hits the crease outside he has the potential to take it to the house.

I would rather see them call JJ back if he is still available he is not flashy but he was a good one cut runner who is patient and trusts his blockers. Maybe his lack of blocking and ST's ability is giving KM some life even if it means he doesn't dress.

Popps
11-19-2012, 11:24 AM
It might be some of that, but he also had a major knee injury and clearly wasn't healthy in training camp and the start of the season. I think having other options have allowed them to be more patient with Moreno and save him for a spot like this weekend.

That's an optimistic view... and one I hope you're right about. Problem is, the staff loves Ball's utility-guy nature and Moreno isn't as fast as Hillman. So, if he gets touches in this game... he'd better make the most of them. I personally think he's got a nice skill-set. My problem with him has been that he can't stay on the field. Gets banged up way too easily.

mhgaffney
11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
With how generally ineffective both Ball and Hillman have been, I don't see how they couldn't at least give Moreno a chance. If they are that worried about fumbles, McGahee would have been benched and so would Ball. Hell, half the team would be benched.

huh? I think Hillman's loooked pretty dang good. The kid can scat and is very elusive.

bowtown
11-19-2012, 11:48 AM

But can he pull a bus?

Agamemnon
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
huh? I think Hillman's loooked pretty dang good. The kid can scat and is very elusive.

What's your definition of elusive? Because I'm still waiting for the guy to make somebody miss in the open field.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
What's your definition of elusive? Because I'm still waiting for the guy to make somebody miss in the open field.

EXACTLY!! He has not shown anything yet. He has two big runs where there were huge holes. He has not run through a tackle or made anyone miss yet. Hopefully, it will come but I think right now Moreno is the better back and I would like Johnson to come off the practice squad and get a look.

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 05:53 PM
EXACTLY!! He has not shown anything yet. He has two big runs where there were huge holes. He has not run through a tackle or made anyone miss yet. Hopefully, it will come but I think right now Moreno is the better back and I would like Johnson to come off the practice squad and get a look.

You got to look at the positives, he doesn't trip over his own feet when he has those wide open lanes or run up his blockers backs.

Trying to run Hillman inside near the goalline or short yardage is sad. I would give Gronk a couple carries before I tried that again.

It was sad that Willis went down because the way he was running he would have had over 150 yards yesterday.

orinjkrush
11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
both moreno and hillman are too fast to the "hole". macgh is a step slower and lets it develop and then hip hops his way through it. IMRO. if M&H kept their heads up, slowed down just a bit, and THEN when they see it EXPLODE through they might do better.
course I gave up NFL RB coaching so I could type this **** on my computer.

Beantown Bronco
11-20-2012, 06:20 AM
both moreno and hillman are too fast to the "hole".

First, it's "moreno dances too much in the backfield and gets dropped for losses". Then, it's "he's too fast to the hole".

The Mane really needs to make its mind up.

baja
11-20-2012, 07:27 AM
First, it's "moreno dances too much in the backfield and gets dropped for losses". Then, it's "he's too fast to the hole".

I am out of touch with todays society. Is the flavor today to see things in extremes. Either black or white with very little gray. I see it in politics and sports. What has happened to the middle ground view.

Pony Boy
11-20-2012, 07:33 AM

I vote for option one "dancing withe the Stars" ......