PDA

View Full Version : New Texans returner is caught from behind by punter

Bacchus
11-18-2012, 08:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/texans-punt-returner-gets-run-down-tackled-punter-230933585--nfl.html

Wow, they could have used Holiday at this point!

Goobzilla
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/texans-punt-returner-gets-run-down-tackled-punter-230933585--nfl.html

Wow, they could have used Holiday at this point!

Is every time he touches the ball an adventure like it is with Trindon? Love his wheels hate his ball security.

Rocket 7
11-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Can't feel worse than this guy being caught from behind by Larry Allen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DFcWMC9vkZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

McDman
11-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Trindon won't be on the team very long if he can't hold on to the ball.

DivineLegion
11-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm doubt they miss Flip. If Gary took any if Mikes stubbornness with him to Houston, Flip would have maintained permanent residence in his proverbial dog house.

GoHAM
11-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Don't forget that the Texans also cut Jacoby Jones who had is 3rd TD return for the Ravens yesterday.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Don't forget that the Texans also cut Jacoby Jones who had is 3rd TD return for the Ravens yesterday.

Wow, that is funny.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 10:32 AM

I get this bothers people that the ball squirts out when he is down and all but lets be real he is the smallest person in the NFL. When those big guys fall on him the ball will squirt out like a lid coming off a toothpaste tube that is stepped on.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I get this bothers people that the ball squirts out when he is down and all but lets be real he is the smallest person in the NFL. When those big guys fall on him the ball will squirt out like a lid coming off a toothpaste tube that is stepped on.

he also gets paid to not have that happen

SonOfLe-loLang
11-19-2012, 10:38 AM

He gets paid to not fumble when his knee is down?

Denver Bronco56
11-19-2012, 10:53 AM
I see no issue he the ball is on the ground when he is already down.. if anything the only complaint I have is him dropping the ball early on his returns when scoring...

I dont care that once he is down the ball is out.

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Is every time he touches the ball an adventure like it is with Trindon? Love his wheels hate his ball security.

Every time he touched the ball he bobbled it or it came out (luckly) after he was down.

He is like boning a skank at a bar without a condom, you know either something good or something real bad is going to happen.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 11:10 AM
He gets paid to not fumble when his knee is down?

come on man, you get my point

SonOfLe-loLang
11-19-2012, 11:12 AM
come on man, you get my point

I know, im just being an asshole, but its not an issue until its an issue. So far, it hasnt been an issue. He dropped that one punt, and a penalty should have been called as the dude was a centimeter from him

Rabb
11-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I know, im just being an a-hole, but its not an issue until its an issue. So far, it hasnt been an issue. He dropped that one punt, and a penalty should have been called as the dude was a centimeter from him

I agree with that (not the a-hole part), I guess I am just concerned because I would like to see the ball secure (including good decisions with the ball) all of the time whether it counts or not. My only complaint with the kid is, he gets a little complacent.

Hey, I will take the upside all day though.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 11:14 AM

Sorry he can't beat the laws of physics all the time.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Sorry he can't beat the laws of physics all the time.

Cool, if it happens when it matters...we can revisit this I guess. See my above post though.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I know, im just being an a-hole, but its not an issue until its an issue. So far, it hasnt been an issue. He dropped that one punt, and a penalty should have been called as the dude was a centimeter from him

That's not a penalty. There is no "halo rule" any more for punt returners.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Cool, if it happens when it matters...we can revisit this I guess. See my above post though.

See I'm talking only about when he is on the ground and down. People are mad about that. I don't see him really being able to do much about it because he is small and bigger guys are jumping on him.

Beantown Bronco
11-19-2012, 12:06 PM
See I'm talking only about when he is on the ground and down. People are mad about that. I don't see him really being able to do much about it because he is small and bigger guys are jumping on him.

Using that logic, every RB should lose the ball any time they get tackled by anyone that's not a DB.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Using that logic, every RB should lose the ball any time they get tackled by anyone that's not a DB.

Odds are that is a HUGE reason why there are no 5'5 170 pound running backs playing in the NFL right now. Smaller arms and damn near 30 pounds smaller then the lightest RB starting I could find. To think he won't let go of the ball more because of his size is pretty silly.

During the course of all NFL games the ball pops out when the player is down by contact a lot.

KevinJames
11-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah but you gotta take the bad w/ the good in a guy like that, hes going to give you TDs you put up with the occasional bobble.

we found his nickname

Holliday: The Gift & The Curse

McDman
11-19-2012, 12:42 PM
It is going to be an issue when he is down but it isn't conclusive in a replay.

Jetmeck
11-19-2012, 01:22 PM

Your something......really believe your own BS ?

He has lost several for real so your hypothesis is Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Your something......really believe your own BS ?

He has lost several for real so your hypothesis is Hilarious!

Yes I really believe when big guys hit little guys the ball comes out, just like you believe that the Saints are a bad football team. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Eric Metcalf was a smaller PR fumbled 26 times. Glyn Milburn is about the same size as Holliday fumbled 15 times. Devin Hester fumbled 14 times his first three seasons. 6,5, and 3. He has 5 over the next 4 seasons. I'm sure he has bulked up some since his first few years in the NFL.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
That's not a penalty. There is no "halo rule" any more for punt returners.

Good call.

Here is the rule: No opponent may interfere with the fair catcher, the ball, or his path to the ball. Penalty: 15 yards from spot of foul and fair catch is awarded.

Why are so many NFL rules nebulous? I would consider standing a centimeter away from a guy interfering with the catch. How come you never see guys just get right up on a guy making a fair catch?

Jetmeck
11-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes I really believe when big guys hit little guys the ball comes out, just like you believe that the Saints are a bad football team. Hilarious!

Heh calling clueless republican assholes..............Saints sucked ass first 4-5 weeks of the season. Get a clue moron, ask anybody you like.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Heh calling clueless republican a-holes..............Saints sucked ass first 4-5 weeks of the season. Get a clue moron, ask anybody you like.

You do know that I have never once talked politics ever on this board you dumbass? Seriously you are KCstud dumb.

Rabb
11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Eric Metcalf was a smaller PR fumbled 26 times. Glyn Milburn is about the same size as Holliday fumbled 15 times. Devin Hester fumbled 14 times his first three seasons. 6,5, and 3. He has 5 over the next 4 seasons. I'm sure he has bulked up some since his first few years in the NFL.

I get your point but I don't buy it as an excuse. As a professional football player, you don't make excuses.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 03:13 PM

LOL

Great analogy. So your saying Holiday is like a bug, ready to get the juice squirted out of him? Never though of it that way. He has 6'2" 240 lb. dudes running down the field full-speed looking to truck him...and he is 5'5".

It's kinda like a 7th grader playing "squash the monkey" with a bunch of high-school Seniors.

Or like a pack of lions hunting a baby gazelle. Sometimes the gazelle gets away and runs back to the pack (Touchdown), and sometimes the gazelle gets ripped to shreds (ball comes out).

pricejj
11-19-2012, 03:18 PM
I get your point but I don't buy it as an excuse. As a professional football player, you don't make excuses.

Well, you should buy it. The dude is only 5'5", 160 lbs., and did 10 bench reps. He is probably the smallest and weakest NFL player (by far).

It's like me, running full speed for 70 yards, and monster tackling my 15 year-old sister.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 03:30 PM

If he fumbles because he is too small than he should not be playing football. I never saw Gerald McNeil or Glyn Milburn have fumble problems.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 03:33 PM
If he fumbles because he is too small than he should not be playing football. I never saw Gerald McNeil or Glyn Milburn have fumble problems.

Then you didn't watch football. I already posted his fumble totals that he lost in his career returning punts.

Bacchus
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Then you didn't watch football. I already posted his fumble totals that he lost in his career returning punts.

So what is your point? ALl I said that is if he fumbles because he is small than he should not be playing. I think he fumbles because he doesn't have good hands and gets nervous. Leonhard is 185 lbs and he hasn't fumbled all year. Size has nothing to do with it.

DivineLegion
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, you should buy it. The dude is only 5'5", 160 lbs., and did 10 bench reps. He is probably the smallest and weakest NFL player (by far).

It's like me, running full speed for 70 yards, and monster tackling my 15 year-old sister.

Your older sister can rep 225 10 times? That's impressive, can you rep 225 10 times? Putting up 225 10 times when you are 160 means you have tremendous power for a little person. Flip may have a small frame, but he is definitely strong for his size.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
So what is your point? ALl I said that is if he fumbles because he is small than he should not be playing. I think he fumbles because he doesn't have good hands and gets nervous. Leonhard is 185 lbs and he hasn't fumbled all year. Size has nothing to do with it.

So you didn't watch Glyn play then. Gotcha.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Your older sister can rep 225 10 times? That's impressive, can you rep 225 10 times? Putting up 225 10 times when you are 160 means you have tremendous power for a little person. Flip may have a small frame, but he is definitely strong for his size.

No, it's all relative.

I didn't say Flip wasn't strong. He's about half as strong, and 85 lbs. lighter, than most of the Special teams players trying to tackle him.

A gorilla is about 100 times stronger than me, but would get mac mauled by a lion.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 03:50 PM

No, it's all relative.

I didn't say Flip wasn't strong. He's about half as strong, and 85 lbs. lighter, than most of the Special teams players trying to tackle him.

A gorilla is about 100 times stronger than me, but would get mac mauled by a lion.

How many NFL players do you know, who bench press 225 lbs. 10 times, or less? None? Yeah, that's what I thought.

pricejj
11-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Take for instance David Bruton (a lighter guy, by Special Teams standards).

Bruton is 6'2", 220 lbs., and could bench press 225 lbs. 19 times 4 years ago.

Bruton runs a 4.40. Do some E=mc^2 on that, and see what you got. Pretty much, a whole **** ton of force. Now consider that there are 9 other guys a split second away who are just as fierce.

DBroncos4life
11-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Billy Johnson fumbled 24 times during his career. He was 170 pounds too.

Agamemnon
11-19-2012, 04:24 PM

That would be a waste. The guy is young and with proper coaching his ball security should improve. On the other hand, you can't coach a guy to have that kind of natural athleticism and speed, no matter how hard you try.

Agamemnon
11-19-2012, 04:26 PM
No, it's all relative.

Because of the claws and teeth, not because of strength. And honestly I'd bet a lion would look for easier prey before going after a male silverback.

TNF
11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
He is like boning a skank at a bar without a condom, you know either something good or something real bad is going to happen.

I was married to a skank. There was a good side and a bad side.

broncosteven
11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
It is going to be an issue when he is down but it isn't conclusive in a replay.

Bingo

baja
11-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm gonna like the guy right up to when he fumbles away the ball setting up the winning score for the NFC team in the Super Bowl.

McDman
11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
No, it's all relative.

How many NFL players do you know, who bench press 225 lbs. 10 times, or less? None? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Hmmmm, idk. I think a full size gorilla may be able to take a lion.

lonestar
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM

An amazing concept that slobber fans will never get.

BroncoFox
11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
I really like Holiday, but sheesh.. he really really needs to hold onto the ball. I hold my breath every time he catches it.